Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 2008 9:35 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was pretty great intense episode. I didnt buy the mini rebellion at the beginning, I mean what were the dudes gonna do, wander around Asia in their buggy?

Ramba Ral was a decent antagonist, the war-hungry moustachiod commando died a hardcore death. *salutes*

Sayla-san continues to walk on thin ice...
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 16, 2008 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
yeah the little rebellion thing was pretty lame, guess it was meant to show bright isn't that great of a commander.
Jul 28, 2008 11:16 PM

Oct 2007
I liked Ral, a good antagonist indeed. So Sayla's the princess, eh...should be interesting how things play out.

Nov 15, 2009 1:49 PM

Oct 2009
I guess the rebellion kinda makes sense considering that most of the guys on White Base aren't real soldiers but just kids, so they can have their emo bitch moments. Ramba Ral's last assault against White Base was damn epic, indeed!
Mar 26, 2010 2:01 PM

Apr 2009
Ryu reminds me of a huge bully. He has to hit everyone doesn't he?
And about Bright. He really thought that Amuro would defect to Zeon?
Talk about serious trust issues.

Other than that, Ramba Ral is now gone. :[
I liked the guy. I'm still bitter about M'quve not giving him any Doms.
Jul 11, 2010 9:16 AM

Aug 2009
Those two guys that just happened to oversleep....suuuuuuuure they did. I smell an illicit love affair..

I forgive Ryuu for talking with his fists; he DID punch Amuro, and for that, I salute him.

So we know s'more about Sayla now. Char needs to hurry up and make his reappearance >=[
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 26, 2010 8:07 AM

Apr 2009
Amuro must really be a psychic... he just shouts from ten km away and people listen to him... oh well pity for Ramba Ral, he was a good soldier...
Jul 29, 2010 2:21 AM

May 2008
Pheefa said:
Those two guys that just happened to oversleep....suuuuuuuure they did. I smell an illicit love affair...
Yeah, and it wasn't the first time either xD
Amuro sure is an M, seems like he likes to get slapped or punched. Go Ryu! Give him what he deserves!
And nobody notices that Ral called Sayla princess.~
Oct 19, 2010 8:57 AM

Aug 2009
"The wind whipping against my face, that's what war is all about"

LOLOLOLOL! Fair enough Ral....

The White Base crew seem to eat nothing but sammiches... I want to go to there!
Dec 16, 2010 10:47 PM

Sep 2009
I really like that White Base has a casual Friday on the bridge.
Come in uniform but screw your posts, sit on beanie couches or sleeping bags.

The "desertion" by Hayato was extremely out of place. I get Kai. The other two haven't really been expanded upon much. They could have been believable.

Heated gunfight inside white base was fun to watch though.

Was Ryo killed there...? I couldn't tell.
Didn't like how Ramba Ral went out. Was... boring.
I really liked him. I liked the moment of hesitation with Sayla.
I suppose he couldn't have done anything though. Not with Sayla right there. Seeing how he obviously didn't want to hurt her.
Jul 12, 2011 5:27 AM

May 2010
I wish that soldier killed that girl.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 10, 2011 8:27 AM

Dec 2008
That rebellion at the beginning was a pointless.

Ramba Ral was a pretty decent villain.
Feb 21, 2012 4:06 AM

May 2009
Ooh, an episode that managed to hold my interest the entire time. Finally.

Sayla a princess? So Char's a prince? Why does he pilot a mobile suit?
Ramba Ral was cool. He cared about his men and was a dignified soldier.
Amuro's still uninteresting.
Mar 8, 2012 5:58 AM
Nov 2010
What's with these boys and their rebellious personality? Seriously, this last desertion was even more ridiculous than Amuro's

So Sayla is a princes uh?
Spoiler for Gundam Wing, do not read unless you've watched the anime or just don't care XD
Aug 30, 2012 2:18 PM

Apr 2010
Ramba Ral was a good character, I didn't expect his death in this episode.
Dec 24, 2012 11:30 PM

Jun 2009
Confucius said:

I've got to say man, that I have no idea how you can make it this far into the series and not even know names? I guess you mean Sayla or Frau? I have to wonder if you even pay attention to what you watch.

Anyway, yeah, I don't really buy the rebellion either. Especially Hayato. Other than that, a solid episode. I kind of liked Ramba Ral, so it kind of sucked to see him die.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2012
Sabinlerose said:
I really like that White Base has a casual Friday on the bridge.
Come in uniform but screw your posts, sit on beanie couches or sleeping bags.

The "desertion" by Hayato was extremely out of place.

Agreed I found it hilarious they were just lounging around on the bridge.

And Hayato I thought he was the most loyal of the bunch. Very surprising he would want to leave.

As for Ryu... I swear he looks different now. I don't know what it is but the past couple of episodes his desing has changed. Or am I just on crack?
Mar 29, 2013 12:57 AM

Aug 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Confucius said:

I've got to say man, that I have no idea how you can make it this far into the series and not even know names? I guess you mean Sayla or Frau? I have to wonder if you even pay attention to what you watch.

I think he meant the guy who was blowing an entrance into White Base and the little orphan girl (whose name I don't know either). LOL. Not that either of you will see this post.
Aug 8, 2013 5:42 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, I think they haven't named those kids or maybe they have said their names once in first episode or something.

Ral, you were fine soldier. We will mourn you. :'(
Nice to see Sayla getting some Gundam action. It is good that they start training others to pilot it if Amuro decides to go angst in the corner or manages to get himself thrown into brig.
Dec 20, 2013 3:56 AM
Oct 2011
HE JUMPED OFF THE WHITE BASE AND EXPLODED
OH MY GOD
Mar 7, 2014 3:20 PM

Mar 2013
Hahah that was a hardcore way to go Ramba Ral! Sayla's story should get interesting from now on. Also that stupid rebellion at the beginning....
Mar 19, 2014 8:12 PM

Sep 2011
pretty good episode, ral was a cool guy so its kind of sad to see him go.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 28, 2014 1:15 AM
Jan 2013
Quote of the episode by Amuro after being hit by Ryu, "Does he think one angry person can change another person?" I think it shows how realistic the show is trying to be with the characters.

PS: Amuro was also addressing his haters. ;)
Jun 16, 2014 1:49 AM

Jul 2009
Another intense episode :D

The mini rebellion was stupid since Bright probably only said that since the Gundam's is their main power, but that doesn't mean it's the only power they have.

People seem to forget that teamwork manages them to survive this far.

Lol Ryu punching the hell out of everyone. I like that XD

Sayla on Gundam again!! It seems she's getting the hang of it :)

So Sayla is a princess that means Char could be a prince??? Now i see where Gundam Wing based Relena and Zech's relationship :)

Lots of people died. sucks Ramba Ral died by kamikaze :

I wonder if Hamon will die too as well in the next episode.

Finally some progress!! Can't wait for more!!!
Jul 15, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2008
Pheefa said:
Those two guys that just happened to oversleep... suuuuuuuure they did. I smell an illicit love affair...

I lol'ed.
Aug 7, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
That's how a Real soldier dies in battle. Ral was a worthy foe.
Nov 7, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2011
A cool episode, I think it's one of the better episodes thus far. Ramba Ral died but it was not in vain? Maybe. Sayla is a princess woah. I looked at some of the future episode titles and episode 26 is literally called
I'm thinking he wont come back for another 6 episodes than. He's been gone for so long. : ' ( my bae.

Anyways.

Looks like someone was on the stretcher at the end, and ryu got shot a bunch by ral, so I'm guessing it's him.
TyrelMay 4, 2015 9:08 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2015 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
I like how capable Sayla is compared to Fraw Bou and even Mirai. It was nice to have Amuro do something other than pilot the Gundam for a change as well.

So Sayla's real name is Artesia, and she's a Zeon princess? I wonder why she was on a Federation Side in the first place, back when everyone first boarded the White Base.

Ramba Ral was a pretty decent antagonist, so I was a little sad to see him die. I definitely liked him more than Garma.
May 5, 2015 4:02 PM

Jun 2014
Ryu died? That hypocrite Bright doesnt have a choice but to rely on Amuro.

RIP Rambal Ral, he was a great guy.

Relena and Zechs seems like a copy-paste of Sayla and Char . But the former are better characters . Imo
Dec 23, 2015 4:10 PM
Nov 2015
Ramba went out in a blaze and showed the White Base kids how a real soldier does it! Totally going to miss him.

On the other hand, I rather hope Ryu makes his way to the deceased list, he is annoying me.

Almost to the halfway point and Sayla's mystery is finally coming to the fore. I hope we learn more sooner than later. I've been ok without Char as I know he's coming back, but I'm curious as to what Zeon is going to do for big bads between now and his return. I don't see Hamon lasting more than an episode.
May 5, 2016 4:32 AM

Nov 2011
Narrative does not disappoint, there is action, introspection and evolution in the relationship between the characters. Ramba Ral does not deny himself, does his job but makes a serious mistake, however, his figure, in doing so, is strengthened by a human point of view. Amuro is a champion, he lacks only the gift of being able to fly without wings. Sayla also seems to be her, increasingly a key element of the story.
May 24, 2016 3:09 AM

Jul 2008
In the middle of a fight Ramba Ral forgot to fight....been waiting for that line.

Ramba Ral I salute you.
Jul 14, 2016 9:13 PM

May 2012
Oh boy what a turn in events! Especially that ending was damn impressive, let's see what happens next!
Oct 3, 2016 11:25 AM

Jun 2013
Definitely one of the best episodes so far, and the preview for the next episode looks very interesting!
Oct 8, 2016 8:40 PM

Feb 2012
That was an intense episode and Rambal Ral went out with a bang. The beginning showed how big of a problem White Base was having with personnel, but it looks like everyone came together at the end.

Amuro Ray Kill Count:
0 mobile suit kills this episode
19 kills total
Jul 26, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2016
Okay.. so the mini rebellion is what people are talking about.. who cares! What a great episode and I am surprised this thread was not more active than the others. This was one of the best episodes for me in the series. Was tough seeing the young crew get killed by the Zeon soldries.

And how about the teamwork from White Base! Everybody stepped up even with all the chaos amongst the team.
Aug 28, 2017 12:01 PM

May 2015
Interesting to see some insight into White Base's hottest officer!

I also like how at first everyone was okay with Sayla hopping aboard Gundam, then when shit got real, Bright was like "oh Amuro its all up to you now".

Great episode, as always.
Sep 1, 2017 7:08 AM
Jul 2017
Monkey_D_Luffy said:
I liked Ral, a good antagonist indeed. So Sayla's the princess, eh...should be interesting how things play out.

Ral was excellent. Not sure killing oneself is a warrior's act, but whatever. At least Amuro is back slaying Zeons with Gundam. Odessa is almost here it seems.
Sep 5, 2017 8:30 PM

Oct 2012
What a crazy episode and to think that it started with a chat on the floor cushions.
Mar 21, 2018 12:25 PM

Nov 2016
Ral..

Damn,can't believe it, he was a great guy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 22, 2018 7:50 PM
Jul 2015
I wasn't even aware that there were so many people aboard the White Base. 4 or 5 unnamed Federation soldiers must've died in this episode.
May 23, 2018 12:49 PM

Jan 2018
Sayla was bad at piloting again and Ramba Ral was a cool guy/villain. I hope his wife fights back and becomes a villain herself not like Garma's fiance, who just dies by slipping on a Zaku head...
May 23, 2018 2:11 PM

Aug 2013
To be honest, I'm not bigfan of ramba ral however I do liked of how he is a genius
tactician.
But it an old anime I haven't watched it for decades. It brings alot of memories in the my childhood.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever
enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker,
or smarter. Everything is within.
Everything is exists.
Seek nothing outside of yourself
" - Musashi
miyamoto
Mar 10, 2019 8:16 AM

Feb 2017
Ramba Ral deserved better than to be manipulated by M'Quve into undertaking a suicide mission. It seems like the most common tactic from the Zeon side is to backstab your comrades.
Mar 1, 2020 2:35 PM

May 2018
Ramba Ral went out with a bang! But the explosion didn't even harm the Gundam's hand?
Oct 9, 2020 3:09 PM

Jun 2016
This had to be the sickest episode yet. To see Ramba Ral, the manliest of men, choose to fight without supplies and go in on foot as the crew of White Base was split apart created a dynamic like we haven't seen before. Outside of the fact that one Zeon commander tricked another into a suicide mission!

Specifically seeing the merge of man on man gunfire with the Gundam fighting and coming through the wall at the end to meet Ramba Ral made combat that felt intense and intricate, all with a great sense of scale and flow.

Through the combat we had Amuro happy to see Sayla pilot the Gundam with his instructions, perhaps going to show that he may find pride as a soldier rather than staking everything in being a Gundam pilot. Something mirrored in Ramba Ral himself as a man who will fight hand to hand if he has to. His mobile suit didn't define him, perhaps why Amuro thought of his comment when fighting hand to hand himself.

We also got a sense of respect on both sides, Ramba Ral once again sparing Fraw Bow, along with the soldier who wanted Kikka out of the chaos. This all went to make the kamikaze ending of Ramba and the begging for Hamon to retreat all the more powerful. Although Ramba Ral was an enemy, I think their crew can learn a lot from him and his sense of honor, duty and strength.

Beyond these elements, Ramba Ral was taken aback by Sayla, calling her your highness and showing a shared past. This advanced her and Char's history, and in the brief moment this occurred, letting his guard down, Ryu and Ramba Ral traded gunfire. It was some of the most human on human danger a main cast member has been in, making me worried for him and Ramba Ral. Ryu got some development this episode, showing his loyalty to White Base and his very tough love which meant if he was going to die, now wouldn't be a bad time. It would be something else the crew could learn from.
Oct 24, 2020 1:37 PM

Aug 2017
I knew what Ramba Ral is to Sayla since I watched the Origin first lmao. M'quve is really a bastard! He's planning to do something bad in the future! It was cool to see Ramba Ral and the rest fight in that poor state, such a pity that he died.

Kinda forced that Frau life was spared while the rest died but nevermind.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 2, 2020 2:02 PM

Jul 2017
"Ramba Ral forgot to fight". I didn't realize that he knew Sayla. I'm interested in learning more of her and Char's backstory. This was a fairly gruesome episode.
Feb 27, 2021 11:13 PM
Feb 2020
Bridge Duty only for Sayla from now on. She's Best Friends Forever with too many Zeon.

Same for Amuro should have put that spear through that b!tch on the bridge.

At launch Sayla really felt the G-Force but got over it fast.

Ryu was off base when the fighting started hope to see him on base and in Gundam when the fighting starts next time. But that probably won't happen for a while because they made sure he caught a bullet. This guys got the street smarts, the courage and the resolve to hold a gun in his hand and mean to use it.

Amuro of course will have learnt nothing from all that happened this episode. When that woman comes again some one else better be in that suit.

These people should have group debriefings where every one sits down and sees how oh Faw Bow because you did this and were followed this then happened and you Amuro this all happened because you decided to desert and steal the federation suit. That's why Faw Bow followed you and was then followed back. What did you say at the bar? You called out his name? Guys, Guys, don't use your names and don't call out your team mates names in public The enemy could use this information to run checks on us and hold people dear to one of you hostage, etc. ... if they had group debriefs after every battle they could all smarten-up faster.
Rui_ReiFeb 27, 2021 11:24 PM
Jul 29, 2021 11:54 AM

Oct 2012
Man, that was an amazing episode. Ramba Ral was a great enemy and super likable. I generally love how the Zeon soldiers show compassion. Like Ramba not wanting to kill Fraw Bow or that one Zeon guy not wanting to blow up a kid. They aren't faceless evil guys.

Ramba Ral's death hit me a little. It seems like they're wasting cool characters too much in this show. Would've liked to see him return later down the line, just like Garma.

So Sayla's straight up a princess, huh? Totally forgot about that part. I thought she was "just" the sister of an important military man, but I guess that means Char is royalty as well.

Hamon is about to take revenge for a husband, but I doubt that'll work out for her. I see some red flags for her...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

66 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

naikou - Nov 10, 2008

96 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 11:26 PM

» Complete Watch order

Grontan - Jan 2

17 by TheRedComment »»
Apr 27, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

102 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 26, 2008

79 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 14, 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.