Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, I wonder if all their practice and training sessions will be this intense every time.

Anyways, I think this episode proves the high stakes for these guys. Seems qualifications for the project is based on rankings which is reflected by performance and skill. Failure seems to have pretty big consequences including not being able to represent Japan.

Honestly, I think every episode really goes to show the expectations of the Blue Lock project.
Oct 15, 2022 9:59 AM

May 2020
Mister talented moaning like a pathetic loser sure was a sight to behold, but well Blue lock isn't completely white too or that's what someone would say but after Ego's explanation on why they had to compete like the way they did things do make sense, after all a striker who can't score within the penalty area atleast have no place in this japan exclusive super project. It’s not a thing nowadays but early Blue lock used to have some reasoning behind the things.

Bachira’s a likeable character and will grow to become more as we move forward, so yeah something to be hopeful about. Time for first selections now.

And yeah they did include that left out part from the first chapter.

Jun 2019
Old heads never understand the very normal things or the passion of the players. I feel so fucking bad for Kira man... He didn't deserve that. And, he was the most talented one out of them all. But, I guess, that's how the rules go in Blue Lock. Can't argue against that. I don't want his career to end just like that. I wanted to see more of him. I really wish we get to see more of his story along with the rest of the boys here as well. What a shame...

The OP is good. There are so many characters and looks like we'll have to keep an eye on all of them. I wanna see more from Ichigo tho. LOL, He looks cool. They are still Team Z... so they have a long way to go. Also, the Itoshi guy is also interesting. Let the games begin!

Jul 2017
Japan Football Union's Anri Teieri is here to bring the message that Japan's chance in the World Cup is only through Jinpachi Ego's Blue Lock program, and unfortunately for Kira, Isagi's hit on him is the kicker to get him disqualified. And it's not for the faint-hearted, as Kira shows his true colors at the sight of impenetrablity and shoves himself out of the door to make the first 11 of Team Z.

Normal life resumes in Blue Lock, and Isagi tries out with Bachira, whom the latter is powered by the "monster" inside of him, the key to surviving Blue Lock, which its numbers diminish Squid Game style. The media coverage of the Blue Lock project while the 1st Selection of a Round Robin survival team match is underway, all bets are on for this project to come up with a dream: forget common sense, all they need is a hero with more than enough "ego" to make it to the highest.

With one of the Top 11 (Sae Itoshi) looking forward, this Blue Lock maketh the best striker.
KANLen09Oct 17, 2022 2:12 PM
Oct 15, 2022 10:00 AM

Jul 2021
LOL Kira is disqualified, he thinks he’s the champion of japanese soccer and thinks others don’t have the talent that he showcase in the previous episode but sorry it’s a different match now and :laughing: to those who stan this dude in the first place but he’s gone for good 🤣🤣🤣 Blue lock ain’t a soccer because it has a game modification and it’s a place to determine one’s worthy of being a striker, those who can’t survive on that battlefield LACKS the talent to be a striker and Kira doesn’t seem to know what the instinct of this match is supposed to be, but Bachira and Isagi knows the “Egotism” of a striker, I’m on the edge of my seat when Kira MADE that face, we all know everyone got that terrifying bold stare so something so absurd is going to happen during the match, and moreover, expected sequences a sequence of matches until the world of competition will run through, well it’s indeed aggressive for the past days since they’re in Blue Lock, but everyone here is risking their lives fr, a monster at this point even Bachira GOT THAT MONSTER IN HIM during one-to-one match with Isagi. They also really have to divide strikers in different wings based on their strength and ability to give out access to good stuff. Itoshi made an appearance and is doing some kind of interviewing but lol he’s not interested in the slightest of league even if he’s chosen. Aira doing some kind of talk for the Blue Lock for others to talk more about what the whole project is all about I guess.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 15, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
finally Anri get more screen time.

for people who don't get the reference.

Teieri Anri = Thierry Henry

seems they cut when bachira say that monster it mean striker instinct.
Logical_Oct 15, 2022 10:24 AM
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Oct 15, 2022 10:12 AM

Jan 2021
Kira complaining like an actual sore loser made me feel bad and not so bad as he was a worthy sacrifice to showcase what ideals you need to survive and become what Ego is trying to produce, good thing he's gone though dude would not have mixed well with them one bit.

Production is still consistent which I'm glad for so that's another plus for this series.

I am really digging this unusual pair of Bachira and Yoichi, they both seem like they're going to be good bros although I wouldn't put it past this series to break that possibility apart when the next test starts and I would not put it past Bachira not to try and pull a fast one on Yoichi either.

Yoichi also ended up moving up to Rank 274 but it he basically only went up one rank from where he was previously as 25 people were kicked out alongside Kira.

I am liking the new character Itoshi just because of his voice actor so I'm just assuming he'll be a person to watch out for in the future.

We were left on a cliffhanger of a press conference going on proclaiming the goal of Blue Lock and it's benefit to the future of Japan in the world cup, Itoshi did not like that one bit lmao

Very Solid follow up episode though.
So much more to come yet another week I will have to wait, time to read the manga then.

Kira suffering in life, RIP

Oct 15, 2022 10:16 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it😍😍😍👍🏻
Oct 15, 2022 10:34 AM
Feb 2022
Oh my god I just love Bachira, that’s all. What a great episode!!! So it seems we a get an official match in the next episode. So exited can’t wait ♥️😭
Oct 15, 2022 10:37 AM

Apr 2018
Well well, Kira's out of the game even though he was a bit more talented compared to the others. But, his view on football is his fatal error in Blue Lock. Now, the real stuff will start and there'll be an insane amount of great matches and training sessions. Bachira is the goat in the first half of Blue Lock. Forgot to mention that we've finally got too see Anri and manga readers knows the pain. Anyway, the GOAT is coming soon!
SideCharacterKalOct 15, 2022 12:58 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 15, 2022 11:01 AM
Apr 2022
Logical_ said:
finally Anri get more screen time.

for people who don't get the reference.

Teieri Anri = Thierry Henry

seems they cut when bachira say that monster it mean striker instinct.
"finally Anri get more screen time" when see this quote just haha from manga reader
Oct 15, 2022 11:03 AM

Dec 2019
Sports and anime don't mix. Too much talking as well.
Oct 15, 2022 11:09 AM
Oct 2022
Sort of a filler i guess, the real action will start next episode.
Oct 15, 2022 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
Sae could just become a German citizen and win the world cup with their team.

Episode was flying by again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 15, 2022 11:13 AM
Jan 2021
DhongiBaba said:
Sort of a filler i guess, the real action will start next episode.

Everything is cannon
Oct 15, 2022 11:16 AM
Sep 2015
This episode still doesn't change my mind about how Blue Lock system won't help Japan win World Cup, but instead of nitpicking the logic behind anime, I'll try to look on the bright side of combining sports genre with survival theme.

If Blue Lock is pure survival theme (I heard a rumor that this is the original intention of the author) then there would be a lot of gore, violence, blood, death, which would be very regrettable to have a lot of good design and hot characters getting killed off. (But this might be a positive point for a horror lover)

If Blue Lock is pure sports then there would not be an extreme condition, like locking 300 highschool all-boy soccer players in the same facility, make them wear a skintight suit, make them sleep in the same room, put a slave collar on their neck
Oct 15, 2022 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
Almost felt bad for Ryosuke until he started going off about being "Japanese soccer's jewel" 😂😂😂 peace out bro, I would have liked to see him stick around longer but hey shit happens lol.

Crazy to think that the Team Z boys are considered the worst out of the bunch in the Blue Lock facility. I can only imagine how skilled even the mid-level players are, let alone the top dogs. Time to see what Team Z can do in this match against Team X, whose leader looks pretty intimidating.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 15, 2022 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
I hope we get to see Kira again someday. What a villain he'd make after what just happened to him. Also, I was wondering who that guy in the OP was. Itoshi Sae, eh? Hope we'll get to see more of him. The ending scene with them coming out of the hallway was hype. Gave me goose bumps. Team Z vs X already wasting no time.
Oct 15, 2022 11:26 AM
Apr 2017
Good episode, very accurate to the manga. I'm impressed!
Oct 15, 2022 11:28 AM

Feb 2021
So they will play a game of 11 v 11 with all strikers lol
I wonder what the keeper would be doing.

Also that dude doesn't even wann play for his national team because of how trash they are, I wonder where I've seen this before...

I really love the art-style for this show, I'm not a manga reader but I think it looks amazing.
Oct 15, 2022 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
I’m not used to a soccer anime actually having good animation lol
Oct 15, 2022 11:32 AM
Jun 2022
I love shows where the outro song starts playing before showing the credits. I can tell this will be and is so far just as addictive as Link Click for example. Incredible second episode, it felt like it went by so fast!
Oct 15, 2022 11:34 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Kira looking like a whole villain. He thinks way too highly of himself.

As a manga reader, I'm very impressed with this adaptation.
Oct 15, 2022 11:38 AM

Sep 2016
Another great episode, I am really enjoying this survival theme we got going on. Can't wait for the next episode!
;

This Life. This Night. Your Story. Your Pain. Your Hope. It matters. All of it matters.

;

Oct 15, 2022 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
this trainers simply want to make a top class ace player lol but they keep calling them heroes

anyway that inner demon or alter ego Bachira is talking about might simply be his survival instinct or even killer instinct to win at all cost

im guessing Kira can play for another country if he cannot play for the National Team of Japan anymore so ye Kira might migrate to Europe for example
Oct 15, 2022 11:39 AM
May 2021
Ok okk… next ep os gonna be straight 🔥!!
Oct 15, 2022 11:40 AM
Jun 2020
This anime is going to play with the desperation of the characters
Oct 15, 2022 11:43 AM
Jun 2020
Stark700 said:
Lol, I wonder if all their practice and training sessions will be this intense every time.

Anyways, I think this episode proves the high stakes for these guys. Seems qualifications for the project is based on rankings which is reflected by performance and skill. Failure seems to have pretty big consequences including not being able to represent Japan.

Honestly, I think every episode really goes to show the expectations of the Blue Lock project.

I hope there is the typical character that you want to see die so that when that happens you laugh at him
Oct 15, 2022 11:46 AM

Sep 2017
Anime like this make me want and wonder why they don't release new episode every day!
Oct 15, 2022 11:46 AM
Jun 2021
Yet again, a fantastic episode. Meguru Bachira and the " monster" looks cold. Can't wait to see more of Itoshi Sae after being introduced to him. What will happen to Kira Ryosuku being locked off has me curious.
Oct 15, 2022 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
So. Much. TALKING. Yeesh.
Oct 15, 2022 11:50 AM
Apr 2022
Meinokoibito said:
Anime like this make me want and wonder why they don't release new episode every day!
because they need time to draw man, like u watched ep 2 now they draw ep 5
Oct 15, 2022 11:50 AM

Jul 2022
This episode was a bit of a drag but i get it, they have to explain how and why this shit works, so okay yeah whatever. Schizo yellow hair is still my fave, but that new pro dude whose passport expired looks interesting too. All in all this IS gonna be a fun ride and a bit of a detour from what im usually watching, so im excited for the upcoming eps!
Oct 15, 2022 11:52 AM
Oct 2022
I am LOVING the dynamic between Bachira and Isagi. And how utterly insane Ego is... This is all so cool as an anime-only fan.
Oct 15, 2022 11:53 AM

Sep 2020
The scene from the beginning of the manga was shown as expected. In that scene, Anri wasn't as cold as she was in the manga but I'm fine with it. Itoshi Sae is also another important character that will likely become a favorite, he's not going to make a major appearance on the pitch anytime soon tho.

Side note. I couldn't stop laughing at Kira's face lmao. That was for the anime onlies that were defending him like he is a saint. I also liked the fact that Ego explained that tag is an actual training drill for real-life players and how helpful it is for the players in developing their skills as strikers. That was for the casuals already spewing that "Blue lock is unrealistic" before even waiting for an actual match to be played.

Next episode is team X vs Z and Barou looks hungry asf!
samsince04Oct 15, 2022 11:58 AM

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 15, 2022 11:54 AM
May 2021
the dialogue was streched
Oct 15, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2022
yaass now the real shit's gonna start
Oct 15, 2022 12:08 PM
Feb 2022
lots of information and very less fight/football
Oct 15, 2022 12:12 PM
Feb 2022
Waxy7078 said:
the dialogue was streched

bro real Indian, no one else can use word "stretched" for "dialogues"
Oct 15, 2022 12:13 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Welp, Kira Ryosuku has been eliminated from Blue Lock delivering a crushing blow to his soccer career in Japan. The rest of the members of Team Z will take part of a selection match against Team Z composing of 11 other potential strikers. That monster that Bachira was talking about is called "killer instinct" and Yoichi has a lot of it buried deep inside.

I also like the ED.
AddaeAkonoOct 15, 2022 12:19 PM
Oct 15, 2022 12:16 PM
Oct 2021
Not as good as the first episode, set up the next episode very well though
Oct 15, 2022 12:25 PM

Dec 2019
Another amazing ep man this adaption is so damn good

Cant wait for the next ep we get to see barou
Oct 15, 2022 12:31 PM

Jan 2021
I really like the animation, itll be interesting to see where the Blue Lock project will lead, that lady in the press conference sure was strict lmao, even got all the people mad in the room itself, I wonder if Isagi is gonna strive for the number 1 spot and come in touch with Sae, also looks like both Isagi and Bachira have demons in them when they play, I wonder if Kira comes back in a future episode after that loss in tag, well it'll be interesting to see where this'll lead to, looking forward to the next episode.
__andre__Oct 15, 2022 12:37 PM
Oct 15, 2022 12:33 PM

Oct 2020
Woah we got to know more about the Blue Lock Project. And since all the 11 players will stay together so ig we'll get to know more about them as the story progresses. But i feel bad about Kira, he lost his temper and that was obvious tho. Hope we get to see him again but before now man.
Meguru and his monster huh? That basically seems like his desire to score more goals. And it seems like every one of them has a monster inside them. Great, can't wait to know more about Blue Lock.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Oct 15, 2022 12:34 PM

Aug 2018
I didn't think bachira had some good screen time this early but that is cool

Messi > Ronaldo btw
_______I like rocks__
Oct 15, 2022 12:39 PM
Dec 2012
Prefer the traditional take on sports but this has mind games which makes it a little more interesting.
I feel like the MC will slowly learn from other Strikers about what makes them good and use it to better himself.

Soo many characters. How will each get their moment to shine if they're introduced and eliminated shortly after?

Not sure what a game with 11 strikers would look like. Although it seems there will actually be some form of teamwork.

A lot mentions of BLUE LOCK the project, and how outrageous it is. Hopefully they will stop hyping up the project and let them just get on with it.
Oct 15, 2022 12:41 PM

Mar 2020
So far, it’s been a mishmash of ranking systems similar to something like COTE, or even some Western movies with these tropes. This was a better episode than the first, but I’ll probably form a better opinion after the soccer match which might be next week.
Oct 15, 2022 12:55 PM
Jan 2021
Was an incredible second episode making me even more excited for the next one, it was sad to see kira go I wanted to see more of him as the story goes, but thas jus how it goes I guess, and as the story goes along Im excited to see more of meguru and the rest of the characters evolve, other than chainsaw man this is probably gonna be apart of my top 3 this season. Can't wait for episode 3!
Oct 15, 2022 1:26 PM
Oct 2020
I like the basis of blue lock project and how the power scale system works.
Oct 15, 2022 1:30 PM
Aug 2021
Meinokoibito said:
because of schedule time and money :v
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

337 by PowerMadness »»
Apr 18, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Tatsunami - Jan 21, 2023

170 by Fafutis »»
Apr 15, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

136 by stupidmongo »»
Apr 11, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2022

759 by kiwikags »»
Mar 21, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

132 by Ar1Bu »»
Mar 3, 7:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.