Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2022 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
As this is based on a game franchise, there's definitely an artistic vibe for this show too. It has some classic fantasy themes with its setting too and right away, we got introduction of Shiloh and some of the main cast.

It felt like a slow introduction though even for a fantasy anime. That dream Shiloh had probably has an importance for rest of the season but curious to see what his real goals are. While I'm not impressed yet, I am curious about rest of this show.
Oct 7, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
The Legend of Mana series catering to the younger audience, I definitely got that 90s' old school Squaresoft (before the Square Enix rename) RPG feel.

Though it's been a good 20+ years since the game (which is part of the Mana franchise) first came out, The Teardrop Crystal being the adaptation of the OG game being a "remaster" version, hopefully it lives up to its name.

As someone fresh into the Mana series with this anime, I'd think to do a favour for myself to skip this one because I'm not acquainted with the franchise. Have fun, y'all.
KANLen09Oct 11, 2022 12:09 PM
Oct 7, 2022 10:01 AM

Nov 2007
I saw gameplay that a Japanese did once, and kind of remember the story. are they going to be following the princess/witch arc even though it says the anime will be slightly different?

I'm glad I'm listening to memória! - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura recently. ED song is japanese ver. of song of mana, which the orchestral ver. is included in the album. and I thought the voice sounded so familiar, which is by Hayami-san. Now both theme songs are by Hayami-san.
tsubasaloverOct 7, 2022 2:46 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 7, 2022 10:57 AM
Oct 2019
Ohh my childhood J-RPG 😍
When Square Enix still called Square Soft.
The BGM, it's so Nostalgia!!

Wow literally the same storyline from the game.
I am impressed by the adaptation from the first episode.

Watching this put a big smile on my face.
I can't believe after more than 20 years we got an Anime Adaptation.
davidyodo24Oct 7, 2022 11:09 AM
Oct 7, 2022 11:45 AM
Jun 2019
ok is vary goode episod
Oct 7, 2022 11:48 AM

Jan 2020
My childhood nostalgia!

They keep original ED song from the game

From the title guess they only cover the Jumi arc
Oct 7, 2022 11:52 AM

Nov 2016
I'm always up for some old school adventure series. First episode was decent for someone who has never played the games.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2022 12:14 PM

Jul 2020
It felt kinda boring tbh but cute and surely gave off those rpg vibes, in fact I'm downloading the game right now
They named two twins Bud and Corona, I giggled there for a moment thinking "they really named twins after beer brands" lol
Oct 7, 2022 12:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Actually I really like it so far even though I didn't play the original Mana series but coming from a 90s JRPG with Final Fantasy elements it plays a lot to the world building and the "older feeling" I get by watching it, not to mention how traditional the plot is for a 90s JRPG xD
Oct 7, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2022
This is a fun one, little slow on pace (but maybe perfect for some folks) and a disjunct resolution before the credits. It really does have that old RPG rhythm to it with the tasks and progress.
Straight up fantasy adventure, classic tropes. I like the art style, lots of solid fields of color so far.
I'll def be watching at least three of these.
Oct 7, 2022 1:32 PM

Jan 2010
I grew up with this game. Played the PS1 version like 3 times as a kid. Replayed the Switch Port not long after it's release. I'd argue the game and story don't hold up as well as much as the nostalgia I had for it, but this arc in the game is the longest, and has the largest cast. So I can see why it would be fitting to adapt into an anime.

Wonder how many eps it'll be. Without spoiling much, this episode covers like, half of a mission in the game that kicks off this arc.
But the gameplay of the video game was pretty simple. You'd go into a dungeon, go from point a to point b until you reached the boss. Then get story stuff here and there. Though there were some missions where you would just talk to a bunch of characters, and it wouldn't always end with a boss battle.

SO I'm curious how the anime will adapt everything from the video game.
Looks promising! Only expect fans of the video game to stick with this one. Unless you're in the mood to watch a non-isekai fantasy anime. Story in the video game could get pretty weird, but the Teardrop Crystal arc was a much more straightforward. Nothing revolutionary or amazing, pretty standard-fare JRPG fantasy story
Oct 7, 2022 1:40 PM

Oct 2017
The sort of start I was expecting from an adaptation of an old school jrpg. OP was nice.
Oct 7, 2022 1:57 PM

Jul 2011
I wont play because im lazy, luckily I have this anime.

What the hell with that Nouvelle person unsettling appearance? My guess is, when he open his eyes you just see 2 voids.
Oct 7, 2022 2:30 PM
Mar 2011
Decent start I'll keep on it see how well it does.
Oct 7, 2022 2:44 PM
May 2020
I hope this one dosen't get lost in the releases this season. Like the vibe so far.
Oct 7, 2022 3:23 PM

Oct 2018
Fine start so far, better than I expected. I am not really into the kind of aesthetic but it looks more competent than some other fantasy this season.
Oct 7, 2022 3:50 PM

Apr 2020
As someone who played the game as a child and now as an adult, all I can say is that I loved everything.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 7, 2022 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
I waited sixteen years!! And it was worth, it's perfect ;w;

The art is beatufiul, the dialogue is almost like the dialogue on the game plus they added a few bits here and there to make sense in the story, the story is beautiful. I played this game so many times that I already know what is copied from the game and what is new, but loved everything anyway, just Toto's belly that was weird (the boy was Toto in the manga and I've been calling him this way so many years now that I dunno if I can change it lol).

The anime's score is 1000/10 for me already.

BlichoBoy said:
I wont play because im lazy, luckily I have this anime.

What the hell with that Nouvelle person unsettling appearance? My guess is, when he open his eyes you just see 2 voids.

He was like that in the game too here but in doesn't look that weird in his sprite. I didn't think his was were that weird as his stitched mouth also I thought that Duelle looked more weird without eyeballs lol But be prepared for more weird people, the game is full of it.
KamiruraOct 7, 2022 5:54 PM
Oct 7, 2022 5:56 PM
Jan 2020
This looks better than I expected, considering the Studio's behind it.

Everything looks looks good but the 2d animation looks stiff at times tho
RonninnOct 7, 2022 6:31 PM
Oct 7, 2022 6:19 PM
Jul 2016
Ronninn said:

Everything looks looks good but the 2d animation looks stiff at times

Hopefully it won’t be outsourced heavily like Magatsu was which is sad because it had some good direction and plot.
Oct 7, 2022 6:24 PM
Jan 2020
todd2580 said:
Ronninn said:

Everything looks looks good but the 2d animation looks stiff at times

Hopefully it won’t be outsourced heavily like Magatsu was which is sad because it had some good direction and plot.

Don't remember anything about Magatsu since it's been 2 years since I last watched it, but, Realist Hero 2.0 by them looked pretty mediocre and they adapted like 5 volumes in 12 episodes

Miru Tights looked pretty good tho
Oct 7, 2022 6:49 PM
Aug 2021
Played a bit of the super nintendo game, that got me intrested in watching the anime and im in love with the magical fantasy world it has, it stands out of all the generic isekai's fantasy worlds.
Oct 7, 2022 7:52 PM

Nov 2018
Why do the CR subs say "Elazul" when they're clearly saying "Ruri"?
Oct 7, 2022 8:13 PM
Oct 2019
MiaAyende said:

Elazul is the English translation name for the Game.
I guess they kept that for people who familiar with the game.
Oct 7, 2022 8:50 PM
Aug 2019
Never played the game but this seems fun lol That mushroom they fed was so adorable... also I like the MC design, it's cute!
Oct 7, 2022 10:23 PM

Nov 2012
The artwork made me watch. It looked like beautiful book illustrations. The characters are creatively done. I was wishing the color was more vibrant until they flipped on me. A different style to show the crystal view made sense, but why was the after credit scene different? Makes 0 sense.

FMmatron said:
I'm always up for some old school adventure series. First episode was decent for someone who has never played the games.

It looks old school. I kept thinking of Record of Lodos War and Kyou Kara Maou.
Oct 8, 2022 12:06 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread cleaned: Please DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Oct 8, 2022 12:55 AM

Aug 2014
I feel nostalgia even when I have never played this game. The song is truly majestic
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 8, 2022 4:55 AM

Feb 2021
So charming series. Feels like I read a fairy tale.

OP and ED are so powerful and heartwarming at the same too! I am so shocked in a good way!

I hope for more than 12 episodes! There are so many characters in the ED, it is hard to show all of them in 12 episodes.
MemoreOct 8, 2022 5:16 AM
Oct 8, 2022 5:51 AM
Aug 2020
Nothing much, not gonna expect so high, so I don't get disappointed so much. I thought for a second that the MC was female because of its design
Oct 8, 2022 5:56 AM

Aug 2013
MiaAyende said:

Looks like dubtitles. They altered Shinju to Pearl too (doesn't matter that 真珠 means pearl, name changes are always cringy as fuck).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 8, 2022 5:59 AM

Feb 2021
KingYuusha said:
Nothing much, not gonna expect so high, so I don't get disappointed so much. I thought for a second that the MC was female because of its design

There are two heroes in the game, one is a boy, another is a girl. Both are in the anime.
Oct 8, 2022 7:05 AM

Aug 2020
i came to like this more than i thought. good start

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 8, 2022 8:46 AM
Feb 2021
it's so funny, I thought she was a girl, but I was wrong he is a boy.
Oct 8, 2022 10:40 AM

Feb 2021
ShamaN_02 said:
it's so funny, I thought she was a girl, but I was wrong he is a boy.

Yes, Shiloh is a boy, Seraphina is a girl. In the anime they include two main heroes from the game, where you choose for who you will play.
Oct 8, 2022 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty mid tier. I did enjoy the pumpkin manlet kicking some tail but the bad CGI trent and the minor dubtitles were kinda off putting. Pass
Oct 8, 2022 2:19 PM

Feb 2021
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Pretty mid tier. I did enjoy the pumpkin manlet kicking some tail but the bad CGI trent and the minor dubtitles were kinda off putting. Pass

Yes, it was CGI at the end, but overall very careful adaptation of the game.
Oct 8, 2022 5:38 PM
Dec 2013
Well here it is. An anime adaptation of a video game that I've actually played myself before this anime was even announced. I've also played Secret of Mana (both the original and remake) and the Trials of Mana remake (which I'm still in the middle of playing), so I'm pretty familiar with the Mana series.

Unfortunately, the Legend of Mana game was only released in Japan and North America back then (despite the fact that Secret of Mana was released in the UK on the SNES), and LoM wasn't released here in the UK when it first came out (along with other PS1 RPGs like Chrono Cross and Xenogears). I finally got to play it after getting a modded PS1 that played NTSC games a few years ago, and got myself a copy of the North American release of the game.

I barely remember events from the game, but I assume this episode is faithful to the game's story. Nice and appealing to look at too.
wildhoodOct 8, 2022 5:41 PM
Oct 8, 2022 6:47 PM

Oct 2016
I know nothing about the game. The visuals are charming and the sound pretty good, I don't know what the plot is going to be about but I'm in for now.
Oct 9, 2022 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
Well, this truly feels like a game!
Opening is weird, not saying it's bad but it is weird, the action in the Opening are not matching the song, that's all.
Episode itself is fast paced and we goes into the plot & story in 2nd half of the epsiode. I think either it will be a long series or short 12 episode series!

That's little pumpkin head sure was stronger than I expected!
Oct 9, 2022 10:36 AM
May 2021
When I heard my favorite JRPG from my childhood was being made into an anime, I think I almost died.

I could not stop smiling the whole time, from the familiar faces to the games bgm coming into the anime. It'll definitely be alot more enjoyable and nostalgic for the people who have actually played the game but I hope peolle who haven't, enjoy it as well. Seems like their taking the route of the Jumi Arc in this season, so I wonder if they'll have more series covering the other storylines in the game.
Oct 9, 2022 10:38 AM
May 2021
davidyodo24 said:
Ohh my childhood J-RPG 😍
When Square Enix still called Square Soft.
The BGM, it's so Nostalgia!!

Wow literally the same storyline from the game.
I am impressed by the adaptation from the first episode.

Watching this put a big smile on my face.
I can't believe after more than 20 years we got an Anime Adaptation.

I feel you on this 100% , seems like you are my other half also judging from the Bleach image haha. They did a really do a great job translating the games beginning events so Im excited to see how the epsiodes flow
Oct 9, 2022 10:41 AM
May 2021
Inexplicable said:
It felt kinda boring tbh but cute and surely gave off those rpg vibes, in fact I'm downloading the game right now
They named two twins Bud and Corona, I giggled there for a moment thinking "they really named twins after beer brands" lol

Coronas original English name is Lisa so Im not sure why they changed it to Corona haha you probably find it boring since you haven't played the game but I hope you enjoy it
Oct 10, 2022 10:05 PM

Nov 2014
I never played the game, but this still felt nostalgic. It's cute so far, I'm excited to see how it goes. I love classic fantasy JRPG stories so this will be nice :)
Oct 11, 2022 7:27 AM
Nov 2019
Why is it so poorly rated. I really believe that the pilot episode was great.
Oct 11, 2022 9:11 AM
May 2022
Every little details in this anime, I love it? It's follow the game very well. I love how the cactus write the progress in the leaves diary :D This anime will be great for the legend of mana lovers.
Oct 13, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
This is boring for me. I can't say it will get any better
Oct 13, 2022 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
hmmm, i think this one is going to be a maybe/maybe not for me. ep1 really didn't hook me.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Oct 13, 2022 11:59 PM

Feb 2021
lavirhays said:
Why is it so poorly rated. I really believe that the pilot episode was great.

The first episode, not pilot. Yes, I am also interested why. The story and characters are wonderful!
RedChrome said:
This is boring for me. I can't say it will get any better

KiliianSleipnir said:
hmmm, i think this one is going to be a maybe/maybe not for me. ep1 really didn't hook me.

Why? It is fantastic series! Watch 2 more episodes and if you don't like it, then leave it.
Oct 14, 2022 2:43 AM

Dec 2015
KiliianSleipnir said:

Memore said:
Why? It is fantastic series! Watch 2 more episodes and if you don't like it, then leave it.

as i said, the 1st episode didn't hook me. here, i'll save myself time and quote myself from the Disqus page for ep1 on the 'p!r@t3' site i watch anime on.

"yes i'm old enough to have owned and used an original GameBoy, NES, and SNES back when they were brand new. but i had never heard of the 'Mana' franchise back then, or at all in the past 30 years till this anime came out.

best as i can tell this is going to be a niche anime for folks who have played the game. there is little to no appeal to me as a non-game player to watch it. the world-building seems to be seriously nonexistent for a first episode. the character designs are impressive, and as usual for JRPG... weird... peculiar... and make no sense."

i know Mana is a well-loved and nigh on ancient game franchise. SquareSoft and crew have put out some stellar games in my lifetime... but this one... is feeling a bit like Dragon Quest the Adventure of Dai. now, i played Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest 1 USA version) on NES for YEARS till i completed it as a kid. so, i tried 'Dai' out and got to episode 71. i'll probably finish it someday but i'm in no hurry. it seemed so completely different than the NES game i played that... i seriously had to dig around online and double check that...

1 i was watching the right show.

2 it was not the older version. (which i had not watched either)

3 it really WAS supposedly based on DQ/DW.

because 'Dai' was unrecognizable.

now, since i've never even heard of Mana nor played it ..... the 'baseline appeal' of this anime just isn't there. for me. if i keep going with Mana it probably won't be till episode 3 comes out and i can sit down and watch 2 & 3 back to back and decide if Mana makes it past 'the 3 episode rule'.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2022

42 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

13 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.