Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 2022 7:06 AM
Aug 2020
Not gonna expect anything in this, I just hope I can stay till the end of the episode
Oct 4, 2022 1:25 PM
Aug 2019
verry interesting way to start the first episode. Though it seemed rushed it still had an aspect for drawing my attention to it.
Oct 4, 2022 2:17 PM

Jan 2021
Let's see if ENGI turns this show into a dumpster fire

Oct 4, 2022 4:53 PM
Apr 2017
The best first episode of the season for me!! Even if stopped there it would have been great and i would have read the manga. So I just fear of the next episodes since it's a slice of life and other than the plot and the character the ost aren't that great however they are not bad especially the last accordion one which was perfectly fit. The art isn't amazing either but it's ok. Anyway the story as whole is the most important if it's done well for the following episodes it might be one of the best anime of this season for me
Oct 4, 2022 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
author must be a Atelier fan and figured not enough LN's about cute alchemist exist

can't say it was very exciting but cute and relaxing enough
Oct 4, 2022 9:37 PM
Dec 2021
nothing special i might just drop it In a few eps tho
Oct 5, 2022 3:14 AM
May 2020
regular anime, good
Oct 5, 2022 3:31 AM

Oct 2016
This was a nice and wholesome first episode, well, it started tragically, but Sarasa bounced back. She has the kind of personality that's perfect for these kinda of shows, fun, bubbly and entertaining, well despite being an orphan, she's really optimistic. I mean, there's a lotta scamming going on this episode, even her master lmao. At least her master cares for Sarasa, if the whole shop thing don't work out, she still has a place in her master's shop.
Oct 5, 2022 6:27 AM

Jun 2016
The need for top-tier alchemists in this world must be immense if they have to go through such a rigorous 5-year course to graduate. It hardly seems worth the effort to me. Sarasa, tho, is quite a trooper in that regard.

Nothing exceptional about this show thus far. Honestly, I can't see it holding my interest at all. Well, maybe the girls will, but cute, fluff content can only get a show so far.
A-Simple-SquireOct 5, 2022 6:33 AM

Oct 5, 2022 11:25 PM

Feb 2019
An interesting first episode; I'd say I'm sitting at a 5.8-6.2 rating. It's a nice introduction to all of the characters and some of the world and I'm curious to see how it continues but I think episode 2 is definitely going to make or break it for myself and for some others. It'll be fun to follow; just hope the second episode doesn't cack out or it takes until like episode 5 or so to "pick up".

Oct 7, 2022 6:36 AM
Jul 2011
Sarasa did work hard up to that moment
Oct 7, 2022 10:40 AM

May 2019
So this looks like it will be an enjoyable SoL but I do hope that she finds her parents' killers later on. It was nice that Ophelia took Sarasa under her wing and that Sarasa succeeded in passing her final exams. Now her next challenge will be to make her new shop livable and fix it up. Maybe that new girl at the end will help her out.
Oct 7, 2022 1:09 PM

Mar 2022
Certainly peaked my interest. Let's see what happens next.
Oct 8, 2022 1:43 AM
Feb 2019
First episode was good. The whole hentai protagonist haircut throughout a good portion of the episode was wierd, but other than that it was good.
Oct 8, 2022 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
A slice of life about an alchemist?! I'm in!
Oct 8, 2022 10:44 AM
Jan 2017
WoSen said:
The best first episode of the season for me!! Even if stopped there it would have been great and i would have read the manga. So I just fear of the next episodes since it's a slice of life and other than the plot and the character the ost aren't that great however they are not bad especially the last accordion one which was perfectly fit. The art isn't amazing either but it's ok. Anyway the story as whole is the most important if it's done well for the following episodes it might be one of the best anime of this season for me

You want manga ? i can send you link for one page i found but it's untranslanted and lot different from the anime first episode, so there isn't much thing that can tell you what be in next episodes.
Oct 8, 2022 1:24 PM

Oct 2018
Not bad at all, the pacing felt fast but I guess it makes sense for the story to reach what it's actually trying to go for. Generally, I prefer this as it doesn't end up as a waste of time so it was a positive experience. Obviously, the production is your standard cheap soulless Engi quality.
Oct 8, 2022 1:34 PM

Jun 2014
Cute anime.

Sarasa is a lot more expressive in the anime than in the webnovel it feels.

This is a good change, looking forward to this cute SOL.
Oct 8, 2022 7:12 PM
Mar 2012
So many pharmacy shows already, and seen Atelier show long ago, wasnt planning to watch this, but it seems to have heart, and good comedy timing.
lol that 'I messed up" face, that weighty book price, and Sarasa's full potential fantasy were perfect.
For a cgdct, Sarasa sure is full of unfortunate suffering. Hmmm, school saves face by ruining the previous failed girl, and exhausting the mc, what is this real life? And nobles get score boost, sounds like the tax system.
Ophelia's a great caring sensei, but quite obviously using mc as a rare herb collector.
Oct 8, 2022 9:30 PM

Mar 2013
Sarasa is so CUTE!!!!!!!! (the people who killed her parents must be dealt with immediately!)
DAMN! Is this gonna be another CGDCT?! OwO
The first half was a summary of her experiences which they ultimately skipped (or I think they did) which became a disappointment for me since there wouldn't be any Slice of Life first before her graduation but Sarasa doing unbelievable things to graduate is definitely kawaii in my book.

Finally, another pure-hearted & inspiring story to watch.

I must say, good job to our VA of Sarasa. That was a fantastic voice to have. (but of course, it's not just hers)

Lastly, the Opening & Ending songs are so so cute.
I love it!
CrazyButNot4UOct 8, 2022 9:51 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 9, 2022 5:29 PM
Dec 2018
Achei meio fraquinho, vou dar uma chance para assistir!
É legalzinho até, vamos ver o desenvolvimento da protagonista, que acabou de se formar na em alquimista.
Ela esta indo para o interior e começar com o seu emprego.
Oct 9, 2022 7:10 PM
Sep 2021
Need more Yuri, You know, when they kiss and stuff. Dragon wanted it
Oct 10, 2022 10:38 AM
Jul 2020
Has a really awkward dialogue. Not natural at all.
Oct 11, 2022 9:22 PM
Jul 2017
Loving the OP. Very easy watch. I can feel my brain resting.
Oct 15, 2022 6:39 AM
Dec 2017
First episode had so many jarring out-of-place artifacts and the most obvious one was near the ending: the gondolier is a guy...
Oct 15, 2022 7:25 AM

Oct 2022
Very good and cute first episode. :)
Oct 15, 2022 3:06 PM

Jul 2020
Even though the scene where Sarasa paid for all her books hurt my own empty wallet, this looks super cute! She has been working and studying hard, all under the guidance of a good and recognized alchemist so I believe she has a nice future ahead
"𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞. 𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬?"
Oct 18, 2022 8:53 PM
Mar 2016
Super cute start, got me hooked
Oct 19, 2022 1:07 AM

Oct 2020
Sarasa has a weird surname, I hope she's does well. Good Luck.
Oct 21, 2022 6:39 PM
Feb 2020
I guess I am watching more Seasonal Trash
Oct 28, 2022 2:12 AM
Sep 2020
This is so cute !!! I love this show!! The story seems pretty good for fantasy !!

Sarasa is reserved and shy which is adorable !! But to become a alchemist seems really hard well if you want to become a good alchemist I mean!!

This is pretty cute I'm looking forward to this !!
Nov 6, 2022 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
It's such a small detail, I know, but I appreciate that this series trusts its audience to be smart enough to figure out what the fantasy language is from context. So many shows just make up some random reason why Japanese is still the primary language, or use subtitles, or have a character spell every little thing out. It's nice to start a series and not immediately feel like I'm being told I need to be babied by the details.
Dec 19, 2022 11:51 PM

Nov 2009
(just got to this series... after the last episode aired, lol)

___ ___ ___

Stupid ass nobles... gets like 50% bonus score cause of their titles.

LOL @ Sarasa getting embarrassed cause her master is famous, LOL

BTW, I just noticed that they literally skipped the entire School-life and went straight to the Merchant-life.

(and she's only poor cause her master made her paid 5 million dollar to buy all the Alchemy books... fucking expansive books... WTF)
amlgDec 20, 2022 10:06 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 23, 2022 9:25 PM

Aug 2021
Of course, she looks prettier with a nicer hairstyle. It was even scary, her hair hiding her face. Who killed her parents and why.
Dec 24, 2022 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
I wish the best for our hardworking friendless novice alchemist Sarasa after all the hard work she put into becoming an alchemist.

Dec 30, 2022 2:02 AM

Feb 2021
It was hilarious when you see the house after those hardships to get there :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 1, 2023 9:47 PM

Dec 2018
kind of fast paced at the start but better than expected, very touching.
Jan 3, 2023 6:40 AM

Sep 2012
i bet the ppl who took her parents shop orchestrated the bandit attack to steal awry thing for her

i mean this ugly fat dude with 2 guys who held the shops contract and laughed like new i got this shop to myself 

so if there is not even milk toast revange plot this will cost the series 1point  
Sugram22Jan 4, 2023 1:57 PM
Oct 1, 2023 9:51 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to Paladin23
good first episode but are we going to just skip over her parents were murdered by business partners?
@Paladin23 Exactly. Seems like CGDCT chill moe stuff on the surface, but it has these dark undertones that people are just ignoring.

Did it not bother anyone else that the school ruined the first examinee's life and then refused to make up for it because of their "reputation"? Complete, corrupt moral bankruptcy. I'm totally disappointed that the MC didn't have the moral fiber either to tell the girl what had happened. She should have helped her fight to get retested. Even a private test (to protect the school's rep) giving the girl another chance would have been acceptable. But it seems that any crime is okay as long as our MC is cute and successful.

I was along for the relaxing ride, even allowing the parents' murder to slide (pending further developments) until they smacked us in the face with that unjust b.s.

g-
Please don't feed the trolls.

Oct 1, 2023 10:02 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to Netbug
It's such a small detail, I know, but I appreciate that this series trusts its audience to be smart enough to figure out what the fantasy language is from context. So many shows just make up some random reason why Japanese is still the primary language, or use subtitles, or have a character spell every little thing out. It's nice to start a series and not immediately feel like I'm being told I need to be babied by the details.
@Netbug Good point; that's one of the stronger elements of the writing so far.

g-
Please don't feed the trolls.

Oct 1, 2023 10:31 AM
Feb 2018
Reply to antigraviton
@Paladin23 Exactly. Seems like CGDCT chill moe stuff on the surface, but it has these dark undertones that people are just ignoring.

Did it not bother anyone else that the school ruined the first examinee's life and then refused to make up for it because of their "reputation"? Complete, corrupt moral bankruptcy. I'm totally disappointed that the MC didn't have the moral fiber either to tell the girl what had happened. She should have helped her fight to get retested. Even a private test (to protect the school's rep) giving the girl another chance would have been acceptable. But it seems that any crime is okay as long as our MC is cute and successful.

I was along for the relaxing ride, even allowing the parents' murder to slide (pending further developments) until they smacked us in the face with that unjust b.s.

g-
@antigraviton the series as a Didn't I say make my abilities average vibe. It cute and relaxing but has some dark undertones at times that normally not address
Dec 20, 2023 4:12 AM
Aug 2023
I was looking forward to a nice relaxing show to calm down with, within minutes "oh crap, the parents are going to die aren't they?" then "the guy isn't just going to blurt out to a child her parents are dead, right?"...d'oh.

Otherwise, everything else looks alright so far. The pink purse of holding kind of bothers me, it should be a backpack for the fantasy world setting, and not pink. There also seems to be a suspicious lack of male characters.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» This is very good! A hidden gem!

RjtheGreat14 - Mar 3

11 by JadeHoxen »»
Mar 6, 8:40 PM

» I Can't Wait To Watch Full Moe Alchemist

Roderick24_ - Sep 12, 2022

7 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Mar 3, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2022

50 by DEMSpirit »»
Feb 27, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2022

24 by TMSH_Aku »»
Jan 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2022

38 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.