Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2022 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
"I'm not an exceptional person..." to "I'm not exceptional and a hard worker...It's because I'm a hard worker that I'm expectational!"

In this concluding episode of the "new" Aria trilogy we follow Aika and Akira's story.

It's a sweet reminder that Aria at heart, is about the close friendships between our three Undine's in training and their mentors, always wanting the best for each other, always helping each other to better themselves and have fun at the same time.
Also cats and delicious food.

If I remember correctly Aika only tells Akari that she was promoted to Prima in Origination ep. 12 (Like, surprise! Sorry we can't practice together anymore. ^^") but it was never shown so that's what we get to see here.

I only wish we got more Al and Aika scenes but at least we got an "old man" joke. That little comedic routine of theirs is still going strong.
Again, the Amanchu-ified art style took a little get used to even after Crepuscolo but I guess that's because I'm too used to the original anime's art style. I was surprised when they redrew some scenes from the first three seasons!

It was also really neat to see past legendary Undine at the museum including Grandma! Most were from Himeya and a few from Orange Planet.

And now to listen to Espero and Undine ~2021 edizione~ in full.
xxxATiONAug 22, 2022 2:28 PM
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Aug 22, 2022 3:42 PM

Aug 2020
Crying with tears of joy rn~ aria series has been a magical show that brought us in a wonderful journey.

Aria the Benedizione is the story about Aika and Akira. It tells a story where we learn the reasoning behind Aika's decision. Throughout the movie, i was smiling with tears in my eyes. The soundtracks are so nostalgic, also some of the famous lines throughout the show like

best moment is this:

I can't believe how fast the movie ended. Anyways I'll give this a 10/10 for bringing me this wonderful feeling again.

reminder to you who is typing your feelings in this forum rn:
KhunimeAug 22, 2022 4:01 PM

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 22, 2022 4:54 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This definitely wasn't how I expected the series to end (though then again, we thought it ended nearly a decade ago, so for all we know there might be more to come in another 10 years, haha). Seriously though, I hope there will eventually be more Aria sometime in the future.

This concludes the Blue Curtain Call trilogy. Aria the Avvenire focused on Akari. Aria the Crepuscolo focused on Alice. And now we got Aria the Benedizione focusing on Aika, to which it did a great job providing her a proper share of a full character arc. The OST continued to be a delight as always.

Hopefully one of these days Aria the Crepuscolo and Aria the Benedizione get dubbed to complete the series. Now that Crunchyroll has purchased RightStuf (and Nozomi Entertainment by extension), I am not sure if a dub down the road is more or less likely. Here's to hoping though.
anime-primeAug 23, 2022 2:05 AM
Aug 22, 2022 7:24 PM

Nov 2020
The promotion scene... I was so bummed they just skipped over it in Origination but I'm so glad we got it now. It's fantastic. Even if this is the last we see of Aria anime, still my favorite series
Aug 24, 2022 1:27 AM

Sep 2021
Ara ara. The master Iyashikei is back with the last (and hopefully not) of the franchise.

And here I am crying every Undine promotion. 😭 We get to see scenes on Aika's promotion to Prima Undine.

Noticed that Hazuki Erino's voice somehow changed imo. The rest of the cast's voice never changed especially Saitou Chiwa's "Hazukashii Serifu Kinshi" and "Pui Pui" of Aria Shachou.

Salute to the choir behind the background music of the movie from start to end.

The credits at the end too! They showed pics from the 2006 Animation up to 2021 Crepuscolo.

10000000/10!!!

Still hoping for more Aria stuffs in the future because there's still more mysteries not covered by the anime.
Aug 24, 2022 6:17 AM
Mar 2021
Aika-chan so cute! when she was young.
Aug 25, 2022 9:57 PM

Dec 2014
All the mystery of how aika doing the prima test is finally solved, and I love how Aika got her character development in this sequel.

It's time for me to actually part with Aria. Benedizione, Crepuscolo, Avvenire was something, but it's the actual time to part with this. Thank you very much for ARIA!
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Sep 5, 2022 5:48 PM

Dec 2015
i just wanted to post this and honor a great franchise.

all of the past, all of history, all of what has come before... "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away." just like our memories.

the past is behind us and gives us a foundation to build upon... but whom really looks down underneath the great towering and shining future stretching upwards in front of us? whom looks to the base of that tower and says, "Ah! So that was where we all started from?"

this final movie is a good parallel to conclude the Aria franchise with. almost all of the 'girls' of the franchise gather together in one place to retire a legendary gondola. piloted by multiple generations of famous Undine, it is now retired and can quietly sit in a place of honor in a museum. there it can hopefully inspire more girls to sing, and row, and talk about New-Venice on the planet once known as Venus.

i am a latecomer to this franchise. i heard many things about it back when Hal Film Maker made the first 13 episodes in 2005, but i never gave it much thought. now that it is over and i've been able to catch up with all the content... i am content that this franchise, unlike most of 'otakudom', has gotten a proper conclusion in anime.

fare thee well Aria...
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 9, 2022 9:00 AM

Oct 2018
I liked how we finally get to see Aika getting promoted to Undine, the way Origination breezed over it always felt like a cop-out, it was a moment we needed to see and Aria the Benedizione remedies that nicely. I liked the animation and hearing some old music themes return was a great trip down nostalgia lane, taking us back to the beginning.
Sep 24, 2022 1:21 AM
Jul 2009
MKSTEEL said:
I liked how we finally get to see Aika getting promoted to Undine, the way Origination breezed over it always felt like a cop-out, it was a moment we needed to see and Aria the Benedizione remedies that nicely. I liked the animation and hearing some old music themes return was a great trip down nostalgia lane, taking us back to the beginning.

That is exactly how the manga went, her exam is skipped over, and she just shows up to Akari all shy saying they can't practice anymore.

I thought this more melodramatic than the regular Aria, but it was rather nice overall. Very enjoyable to get a completely original Aria story, as the two other parts were mostly adaptations of chapters with just a bit of original story, they went all out for this one. Kinda weird how the ending movie was all about Aika and not Akari, but I imagine when they greenlit Avvenire these two movies were not approved or something, so they had to come after the fact.
Sep 24, 2022 5:50 PM

Oct 2018
LvyS said:
MKSTEEL said:

That is exactly how the manga went, her exam is skipped over, and she just shows up to Akari all shy saying they can't practice anymore.

I thought this more melodramatic than the regular Aria, but it was rather nice overall. Very enjoyable to get a completely original Aria story, as the two other parts were mostly adaptations of chapters with just a bit of original story, they went all out for this one. Kinda weird how the ending movie was all about Aika and not Akari, but I imagine when they greenlit Avvenire these two movies were not approved or something, so they had to come after the fact.

I never read the manga, came into this series as a MAL suggestion.
Sep 25, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2020
aria is one of my favourite anime of all time. The meloncolic and comforting feels of it always make me tear up T_T and this one ended like a final arc. I hope they will finish the series with an alicia and akari focused movie. That would be perfect

I won't forget the feels i get from this series and natsume book of friends until the end of my life. I hope the kindness in this anime will watch over you irl <3

9/10 for me
defaulticusSep 25, 2022 1:59 PM
Sep 29, 2022 1:12 PM

Jan 2013
beautiful episode

beautiful episode
Sep 30, 2022 6:45 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
I will never forget this franchise until i die, really really a great anime.
Oct 5, 2022 6:51 AM

Jul 2020
What a fitting close to things. The messages were spot on, and I found a review that that really speaks to how moving this finale is.
Oct 12, 2022 4:42 PM
Jul 2008
Is this the end? Aika's mom at last is shown. Like her character, her exam is the most unique one despite belong to the most traditional company.

Akari has matured a lot, makes me sad a bit, now she acts more like Alicia instead of her previous more playful self.

Aika seems going well with Al, Akatsuki seems sad, and Woody is going good.
Why they still haven't shown Alicia's husband!

I'm still wondering what's the expanded word of Himeya's characters name abbrevation..

And the most mystery of all, how long the company mascots will stay alive?

Too bad Kawakami Tomoko is not here until the last time.
Nov 7, 2022 7:52 AM

Oct 2017
This movie made me quite emotional. It was nice watching Aika's exam. Watching everyone again was nice too.

Really love this series and it's time to say goodbye. Wonder if there'll ever be more of Aria, given how these movies came out it's a possibility. I'll definitely be happy to get more Aria.
Nov 22, 2022 12:54 PM

Jun 2016
「 優秀なのに頑張り屋さんではありません。頑張り屋さんだから優秀なんです。」
The previous movie and OVAs were a bit of letdown, I really didn't expect this one to be this good. It did a great job reminding me once again why I loved Aria.
Been a while since an anime moved me to tears.
Jan 21, 2023 2:14 AM

Nov 2013
Not much of Akari in this one, but still  a nice wach.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 8, 2023 10:50 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
There were certain parts that zoned me out but some parts were extremely fantastic!

Aria will be deeply missed until it hopefully comes back again T_T <3

7/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 22, 2023 8:55 AM

May 2021
Is this really how it ends 
I want moree
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

» A 3rd movie

EJ_99 - Mar 27, 2022

4 by Quintessence »»
Apr 28, 2023 11:48 AM

» So when is this movie available?

AoiroBlueColor - Dec 2, 2021

16 by ooReiko »»
Aug 2, 2022 6:50 AM

» Opens in Japan on December 3; New Key Visual & Trailer; OP & ED

MegamiRem - Aug 10, 2021

10 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Dec 2, 2021 11:09 PM

» Benedizione PV, new key visual, release date

Junchi - Mar 21, 2021

5 by Kvozart »»
Nov 6, 2021 1:27 PM

» FOR ALL ARIA FANS

Thebruhhomie - Sep 13, 2021

3 by Djisas »»
Sep 19, 2021 3:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.