Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, the first half of this episode was goofy with some silly moments.

We also got more scenes at the cafe among the main cast for a change. Kurumi also got more screen time and put her skills to use. And lol, that ending.
Aug 6, 2022 8:08 AM
Mar 2022
Now we find the weakness of Chisato. I’m really afraid that some of the characters might die in next few episodes.
Aug 6, 2022 8:08 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I expected things to pick up more given the title of the prior episode, but I don't mind some more fun laid back scenes either. This is definitely the calm before the storm though.
Aug 6, 2022 8:10 AM

Feb 2020
Lots of funny moments again. I love the comedic moments of this show.

Takina / Takina / Takina / Takina / Takina / Takina / Takina

Haha.

Takina jumping at the end was so adorable.

SerafosAug 6, 2022 10:27 AM
Aug 6, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2010
  • This episode is tense but comical at the same time.
  • There are two secret services other than Lycoris; one is Lily Bell, another is Hollyhock?
  • You can see Takina with a ponytail.
  • Takina found that she got fired by the act of Kurumi.

kuroneko99Aug 6, 2022 6:40 PM
Aug 6, 2022 9:16 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Lycoris are being specifically targeted...
Chitose was happy that Takina decided to stay over at her house for 'security reasons' xD.
Takina even decided a chores rotor but in the end they resorted to rock paper scissors which ended up with Takina taking all the responsibility for them!
Kurumi was lazing around eating watermelon until she had an actual job involving cyber warfare come up lol.
Majima has no interest in the Lycoris to the annoyance of the 'master hacker' robot cardboard box head guy.
Chisato dealt with the intruders in a few seconds xD.
There is also LylyBell, a male version of the Lycoris.
It was nice to see more Kurumi this episode and there were some funny moments I guess nano desu. I'm sure that trouble will start to occur from next episode or soon enough also. She attacked DA security before...

Looking forward to the next episode!

Rem4lifexDAug 6, 2022 9:23 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 6, 2022 9:24 AM

Nov 2009
This episode confirm that Chisato need to see an incoming attack to predict and dodge it. Surprised (dirty) attack from Green hair guy worked on her for the same reason how Fuki's backward shots in ep.3 surprised her.

Smoke screen, Flash grenade/Stun grenade and Trap are all good Chisato counter.
Aug 6, 2022 9:28 AM

Feb 2019
A-1 Saturdays let’s gooo.

Majima v Chisato was really cool. Majima seems to have some connection or at least be pretty familiar with the alan lycoris. Looking forward to seeing his backstory. We also now know chisato’s weakness being her eyes. She has to see something coming before she can dodge it. Idk I feel like death flags are definitely being raised and can’t wait to see how this second half plays out

Takina freaking out over winning Rock Paper Scissors is the cutest shit ever
Marinate1016Aug 6, 2022 9:39 AM
Aug 6, 2022 9:29 AM

Feb 2021
This show is just so fun to watch, all the action scenes specially are really cool.
And specially the chemistry between Chisato and Takina is really good.

This episode was great.
Aug 6, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
ALERT, ALERT! To all DA Lycoris agents, be on high alert! Except for Chisato, Takina's gonna spend her time taking care of her, no worries xD

A high-profile assault that left Lycoris injured, and word goes out to all other agents. Chisato's definitely prepared as shown by her safe house, but Takina being the stereotypical caretaker at home, I'm sure that Chisato won't mind Takina doing all duties lols. DAT complete annihilation on rock-paper-scissors with her "rock comes first" tactic.

Hacker has his eyes on Chisato, though the hired terrorist involved in the subway incident (Majima) isn't interested in anything but total destruction, and the tables have turned. Though letting a madman handle things, that was probably a bad call.

Walnut a.k.a Kurumi's cybehacking is of no biggie, but the real action with thugs infiltrating the safe house, it's typical business. Though Hacker got his life saved thanks to the camera shift, and Kurumi as Walnut back then was the DA hacker that now, has consequences with her actions with Chisato being targeted by the terrorists (and that owl pendant being important).

Majima is out for blood, and while Chisato's owl pendant is revealed to be an Alan Lycoris, Mika and the others managed to rescue her for an escape almost to the point of death. Kurumi's to blame, but Takina's easy-forgiving nature leaves her unscathed.

Though this LilyBell, which is the opposite gender relation to LycoReco (being the guys' division), now we know where all the boys have gone.
Hey, at least Kurumi's actions move the plot a bit more. To win against Chisato, evade her eyes, that's all.
KANLen09Aug 6, 2022 9:34 AM
Aug 6, 2022 9:34 AM

Oct 2018
Takina is so fucking cute, that little jumping at the end of the episode warmed my heart
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Aug 6, 2022 9:37 AM

May 2020
I mean it was just a rocket launcher, ain't no way anyone would die even after taking a direct hit, right?

Anyways not going to lie I didn't understand how that rock-paper-scissors thing worked for Chisato except for the fact that average physics isn't applicable on her.
Aug 6, 2022 9:38 AM

Dec 2020
To be honest i enjoying this show so much every episode was great.
Lol Takina in episode 1 so cold and now how she react when chisato is in danger. Takina in the end wins in rock paper scissors.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 6, 2022 9:43 AM

Mar 2021
Another great episode Takina discovered that it was what Kurumi did that got her fired but in the end she forgave her and Takina dancing after beating Chiatso at rock paper scissors was super adorable
Aug 6, 2022 9:43 AM

Sep 2021
This episode was... something.
It really only made me worried for what might come next. Especially now that we as the audience know Chisato's main weakness, and how it works. I'm still pretty mixed on our main villain guy (his seiyuu sounds pretty good though, hmm, I wonder who that could be...?), but I'm sure we'll get even more reasons to hate him as we continue.

Once again, this show is so so good at blending slice of life with all of these super intense moments. It was great getting to see Takina and Chisato living together briefly for "security reasons"- Takina's face when she was stuck with all of the chores? Priceless.

As usual, Chisato's voice work and energy totally steals the show, her "moshi moshi" answering the phone put such a smile on my face! But I really don't like how nonchalant she can be after her life was in serious danger... my heart. I know I keep saying this, but the count of death flags is just too high, and there are so many ways they could make this really hurt later. Trying not to think about this right now, though...

We finally got confirmation of a boy version of the Lycoris. I wonder if Chisato actually thinks they're scary, or she's just exaggerating. Kurumi was also really great this episode- I'm sure she'll be important in the future. Of course Majima called out what we were all thinking, Chisato not using live ammo is a really bad idea in life-or-death situations. I'm excited (but nervous) for next week, I think this is as calm as we're going to get before things really start picking up! Only 7 more episodes left~ ☆

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Aug 6, 2022 9:46 AM

Jan 2018
Chisato in a poncho looks cool af.

Damn, that is a one tough Subaru Forester. Bulletproof to the max.

Also, imagine getting rammed by a GT-R. Couldn't be me.
Aug 6, 2022 9:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay there's no way in hell Majima should've gone away from that unscathed, the car just blew up from a fucking rocket launcher half a meter away from him, should 100% be dead

That aside, pretty fun episode again. Loved Takina's childishly gleeful reaction over winning at rock paper scissors at the end lol
Aug 6, 2022 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
My God Takina's glow up in Lycoris is just so fucking good. And Chisato continues to be such a GOATED main character.

The part where Takina was celebrating after winning Rock Paper Scissors was just so fucking adorable! Big props to the VA for the excitement from winning!

I also liked how Chisato while being chased her biggest issue is that she left her Poncho and not that her life was on the line LOL

How the hell is Majima alive AGAIN?!?!?! Dude took a bazooka to the face!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 2020
well well, something clicked for me thx to this episode, of which idk if anyone else has noticed too. It's very possible Majima knows the Alan Lycoris because he was a LilyBell himself. that necklace mustve reminded him of prev experience as one, and on top of the fact he seems to barely know about lycoris despite being part of the opposite gender division (same situation as Chisato), it would explain his intrigue. i wonder whether their missions either overlap or clash with each other, but i will go with the latter given this episodes name 'Opposites attract'
Feb 2021
this show keep getting better and better.After all chisato is not invincible she still have weakness that make her even more interest now we know she can be killed and not that op(well still too op).The thing curious me the most is lilybell,Boy version lycoris now this is interest base on the fact lilybell invade chisato housse before make me thing that lycoris and lilybell are not very fond of each other.I think this may be a setup for a spinoff series about lilybell in the future to expand the lycoris universe if that so it will be so freaking awesome.If lycoris basiclly run the entire country even the president dont know about it than what exactly lilybell purpose.Mikan may even be a lilybell in the past.Just one sentence from chisato make me have so many theory in my head.Yep im not getting any sleep tonight.
Aug 6, 2022 9:49 AM

Oct 2007
Takina coming over to Chisato home for safety purposes. ^^

Robota always in danger of being shot in the head working for the madman. lol

more exciting gun fights. This show always entertains me.

looking forward to the next episode.
Aug 6, 2022 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
yee haw let's go another awesome episode)))) this show is the best part of every week for me
Aug 6, 2022 9:54 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode again with the balance of slice of life and plot/action

so Chisatos weakness is make her blind eh makes sense since she relies on her super eyes so much

Takina might be the best Lycoris though damn she is a genius on her own

and lol so Kurumi aka Walnut is the one that hacked DA and made Takina an outcast Lycoris
Aug 6, 2022 9:56 AM
Jan 2018
So Chisato can dodge bullets but not spit?

The scene where she was losing was pretty tense, it was the first time we saw the invincible Chisato losing.

And Majima survived some pretty absurd things, I don't think he's going to be the final villain of the anime, but I think he's going to give Chisato a lot of trouble.
Aug 6, 2022 9:56 AM

Dec 2017
Another great episode + That last scene was the cutest shit ever

Takina is great
Aug 6, 2022 10:02 AM

Nov 2020
Takina won the rock-paper-scissors and her little dance was so cute

Aug 6, 2022 10:04 AM

Jun 2020
Takina's little jumping at the end waaaa >.<
Aug 6, 2022 10:07 AM

Oct 2017
Chisato in pajamas is totes adorable and her safe house is neat. Takina loosing rock paper scissors though.
Aug 6, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2011
I like this anime, but each episode I feel that I'm getting more angry with this pacifist approach, when dealing with terrorists.
Aug 6, 2022 10:17 AM
Mar 2021
can't wait for the gif of takina cheering up for winning
Aug 6, 2022 10:28 AM

Jan 2009
Chisato said there is a Boys Lycoris organization is that a joke or real i hope its real
Aug 6, 2022 10:32 AM
Jun 2019
From know we know DA organization three-unit:

1. Female (Lycoris)
2. Male (Lilibel)
3. Kagemusha Hanao lmao im not pretty sure about this.
Aug 6, 2022 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
Another great episode, again last scene is cute af. Takina being so happy is a bless
Aug 6, 2022 10:48 AM

Mar 2022
💀 bruh that guy was beating chisato and suddenly takina came and helped here
takina x chisato best💥💥

Aug 6, 2022 10:52 AM

Apr 2021
I'd been wondering why orphan boys weren't being weaponized but there we have it. I have more and more confidence on the screenwriters.

I'm also terribly conflicted. I'd enjoy a Chisato x Takina ending, and I'd enjoy an Everyone Dies ending, but I would very much not enjoy both at the same time.

Also a great last couple of seconds.
off-seasonAug 6, 2022 10:56 AM
Aug 6, 2022 11:01 AM

Mar 2020
How the fuck can someone survive that rocket launcher hit? This is really getting out of hand
Aug 6, 2022 11:08 AM

Apr 2021
Kokoro_135 said:
How the fuck can someone survive that rocket launcher hit? This is really getting out of hand

My bet is on him turning out to be a rogue peer of Chisato, with artificial body parts or something.
Aug 6, 2022 11:09 AM
Feb 2021
Now, we need to know what are the real motivations of the triptych Majima-Robota-Alan Institute.
Aug 6, 2022 11:12 AM
Oct 2020
Serafos said:
Lots of funny moments again. I love the comedic moments of this show.

Takina / Takina / Takina / Takina / Takina / Takina / Takina

Haha.

Takina jumping at the end was so adorable.

i love it when the silent type breaks character and that was so cute
Aug 6, 2022 11:12 AM

Mar 2010
Chisato getting her ass kicked was long awaited honestly lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 6, 2022 11:13 AM
Jul 2021
Takina’s smile at the end was so sweet ♥︎
Are we going to see Lilybell in the future?
I wonder who told Kurumi to hack DA . . .
Aug 6, 2022 11:16 AM

Dec 2015
Love how Takina's explanation went in one ear and out the other.
Chisato's getting a roomie so she doesn't care why XD.

Makes sense it was Kurumi. She is a super hacker.
Surprised that Chiasato walked away from that with just a few scrapes.

On another note, I hope that no one got a good look at their vehicle.
Otherwise they'll be able to find the cafe.
Aug 6, 2022 11:20 AM

Jul 2020
Oh come on! He got a direct hit from a damn rocket launcher and not even a scratch? Was surprised he at least got wet in the water, I thought he would divide that pond like Moses lol.
The thugs cheering while Chisato was getting beat up pissed me off ngl
Other than that, pretty cute episode
Aug 6, 2022 11:33 AM

Nov 2017
Well that was an episode. I feel things are gonna escalate from here on out. Just happy everyone made it out alive and unharmed (for the most part)
Aug 6, 2022 11:44 AM
May 2016
Somebody should make a Chisato's noises compilation. Her voice actress is definitely the GOAT of this season
Aug 6, 2022 12:23 PM
Oct 2021
This is, without competition, the absolute worst episode of this show so far. So much plot armour. Everyone makes stupid decisions. Injuries and deaths that should happen just...don't. And personal responsibility takes a backseat because the culprit is a little girl. Let's just jump in, shall we?

You know, for someone who cares about people's lives that she doesn't want to kill even her enemies, Chisato really shows a concerningly low amount of care after hearing that 4 girls got killed.

I find it funny that Majima is appearently such a man with honor that he wouldn't unmask the hacker that he's threatening. Why? Who knows!

Majima appearently lost 26 men while aiming for the 4 Lycorises, and of course the Lycorises and the DA are so incompitent that they couldn't capture a single one of them to interrogate them and find out where Majima is or even just his name.

Chisato and Takina can no longer "sense" the drone that's following them after being able to do that in episodes 1&2, why? Who knows!

2 thugs break into Chisato's "safe house", meaning enemies have found her place, and she...let's them go? like..not even have them be arrested by the police? At this point the show is telling me that she thinks herself so invincible that she just doesn't care. And appearently this happens often. Is it even a safe house if it's attacked multiple times already?

LilyBell is appearently a boys version of the Lycorises. Do I wanna learn about them? given how terrible the worldbuilding in this show is, no thank you.

Gotta love that the footage that hacker boi captured of Chisato just shows her face for a split second. It doesn't really show anything about her skills or power. But Majima's like "Yeah I'm convinced lol"

Thanks to Kurumi hacking the DA, the terrorists got their hands on guns that they used to destroy a train station, burying a bunch of Lycorises, and then 4 more lost their lives because their faces became known. WTF. You have made Kurumi partialy responsible for all of that, but at the end of episode it's fine because Takina forgives her for getting her fired from DA. I'm sorry but that is the LEAST of her crimes right now. But we can't have the show getting too dark so we won't acknowledge the amount of responsibility this little kid has on her shoulders. Fuck off.

And the main action scene for the episode starts. God help me..

A speeding car, which is probably slower than a bullet, heads towards Chisato. No problem, she can jump up or to the sides in time right? nope. She gets hit. Why? Who knows!

Majima's gang approarch a Lycoris after they've run her over. Surely they're doing so while aiming their guns at her, even shooting her, like we saw them do last episode right? Nope.they don't do that. Plot armour is a useful thing, isn't it?

Chisato is fine! I can only assume she dodged the car somehow. Even though we hear her getting hit, and she's lying on the ground, and Majima and his men act like they did hit her. But fuck it, I'm scraping the fucking barrel here looking for any excuse to get the show to make the slightest bit of sense so I'll headcannon that she dodged then played dead on the ground instead of running away because fuck it.

Flash grenade? that's some weak shit. All Chisato needs is her coat to distract everyone and shoot them while they stand there like morons. Why? Who knows!
Chisato hits everyone except the guy in the middle. Why? well, we established that Chisato's aim isn't that good because of the bullets she uses. But...she hits everyone else....WHO KNOWS!
Chisato's aim isn't good, but when she hits, she gets a fucking headshot, on a guy moving in a car. Because why not?
I don't care if the bullet is rubber. That shit made the guy bleed so much his entire face is covered in blood, and then rolled around falling from a speeding vehicle. He should be out for at least a few minutes, right? No, because disabling injuries, concussions, intracranial bleeding, and broken bones don't exist in this world. So he's fine.

Chisato approaches Majima, his entire gang is nowhere to be found in this moment. Also, great fucking job Chisato. Standing within arm's reach of the guy when you have a GUN. See, Lycoris Recoil is ahead of the times. I've seen goons in other shows make this mistake to give the protagonists an opportunity, but this show made the highly trained, best Lycoris ever make that mistake. At least everyone is a moron in this show. Remember when the Lycoris in episode 3 (forgot her name) tried to reach for Chisato's gun, and Chisato handeled her so well, then told her "you're dead two times already"? It's fine. Consistent character's power level? What the hell is even that?

Majima can now spit large amounts of blood from his mouth. Even though his mouth wasn't hit. Did he land on his jaw rolling from that car? it has to be so broken that he shouldn't be able to talk.

Again, instead of killing Chisato, everyone stands around her while Majima is just punching her around. Plot armour is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Remember Chisato's prowess in hand-to-hand combat that she showed in episode 2 before she threw a guy with one arm? And what she did in ep 2 that I mentioned above? None of that is here because we need to generate some tension. I guess his blood is so sticky that she can't just wipe it off her face for a moment. Makes you wonder how he's able to see considering his eyes were shown to be covered a lot more than hers.

And Takina shows up just in time to save Chisato...by shooting the gun from Majima's hand...Instead of...ya know...shooting him in the head? maybe his hand itself, if you don't wanna kill him?
Look! someone actually bothered to use a suppressor in this show after episode 1! holy shit! Something I can praise the show for!

Of course the two guys beside Majima get hit but he doesn't. Plot armour is a very wonderful thing, isn't it?

The rocket launcher guy misses thanks to Kurumi, and instead hits the car Majima is getting into, causing an explosion that surely kills him. Right? nah he just gets blown away into water. Not like that explosion would've killed him in so many ways before he even lands in the water but oh well. Plot armour is a magnificently wonderful thing indeed.

Of course all of this running over people with cars, gunshots and explosion happen at a park at night where nobody's around to hear anything. Never mind the fact that these noises would've reached the people in the city. oh well.
And that's it for the action scene. 10/10 solid sction as always, Lycoris Recoil.

Like mentioned before, Kurumi is forgiven for inconveniencing Takina. Therefore she's also forgiven for TERRORISTS getting large amount of GUNS that they used to KILL PEOPLE. And no, her not knowing that that would happen doesn't absolve her of her crimes. She hacked into the DA ffs. Can you imagine someone hacking into the CIA? It's a major crime and multiple deaths have occured as a consequence of this crime.

Mika is tending to Chisato's injuries. What kind of injuries she would have after getting run-over, and punched multiple times in the face, you might ask? a small bruise on her arm. it's fine. don't think about it. just enjoy the action scenes. (you can see some bandages around her chest when she's in the clinic, but her face is still sparkly clean)

At this point I wonder, if they ever kill Chisato like so many people are afraid, I'd call it a plot hole because her plot armour is fucking bonkers. Weirdlly enough, same can be said for Majima. There are now 6 times in which he should've died but somehow, some-fucking-how he's still alive and kicking.

By all means, if I missed something that makes this episode better writing wise please tell me. I'll gladly accept any explanation right now.
Aug 6, 2022 12:24 PM

Mar 2016
Chisato's weakness is still questionable tbh. Is it really she must see someone's muscle movement? But in previous episodes, she managed to dodge attacks from her 180' behind deg just fine and she even could see all her surrounding (remember the drone on 1st episode?).

My opinion instead

Aug 6, 2022 12:45 PM

Jun 2015
Gunslinger Girls successor. Its been a long time from Gunslinger to finding a new show which carries its spirit and reminds me of the past. And the jury is still out on my final show vote, but I'm loving it so far!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 6, 2022 12:55 PM

Apr 2022
The writing keeps getting worse with every episode, great first half, shit fight, joker is still not dead and is more durable than metal/survived an explosion/rpg 1 meter from him. God they are gonna drag this asshole as a villain for 6 more episodes.
Kokoro_135 said:

Without a scratch even. He was just launched over to the ocean. Shit doesn't work that way but expect the guy to stick around this is the main (secondary) villain. We live in a society/trash.
Secret333 said:
This is, without competition, the absolute worst episode of this show so far. So much plot armour. Everyone makes stupid decisions. Injuries and deaths that should happen just...don't. And personal responsibility takes a backseat because the culprit is a little girl. Let's just jump in, shall we?

It's definitely getting worse with each coming episode. I went from recommending the anime to telling people to wait until it finished.
LoveScopeAug 6, 2022 1:00 PM
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Aug 6, 2022 1:11 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Idk who's more OP, the main villain for taking a rocket launcher explosion or Chisato for defying physics

MrAIpaca said:
Now we find the weakness of Chisato. I’m really afraid that some of the characters might die in next few episodes.

I'm expecting Chisato to die or some shit at the end with her fake heart lol

still waiting for my plot twist where the bad guy gets his army of Lycoris instead of a bunch of dudes...

EcchiGodMamsterAug 6, 2022 1:16 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

442 by liro99 »»
May 9, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

283 by ViSpace »»
May 6, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

304 by xiiraito »»
May 4, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.