Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
It's Retzel's time to shine. Looks like this show is really giving all its core cast their spotlight and she's a mysterious one.

She also seems like one of the more skilled characters in the show, with handling of knives and guns. Definitely someone to look out for.
Jul 31, 2022 11:46 AM

Feb 2020
I enjoyed this episode much better than the previous one.

Poor Retzel. I feel so sorry for her. That last scene was just too sad. I really liked her interactions with Haizakura. I would love to hear them sing together one day. <3

Retzel and that black cat looked cute together.

Also, Haizakura's song was really beautiful again. She has such a cute voice.

SerafosMar 13, 3:16 AM
Jul 31, 2022 12:21 PM

Apr 2020
Is it just me, or does this show have extremely random air dates? The last episode just became available to me 2 days ago.
Jul 31, 2022 1:24 PM
Oct 2018
BestMillimeter18 said:
Is it just me, or does this show have extremely random air dates? The last episode just became available to me 2 days ago.

You’re not the only one.
Jul 31, 2022 2:34 PM

Feb 2019
Last two eps have been the best so far by far. I felt so bad for Retzel, I thought she genuinely believed lobelia was still around, but knowing they’re gone and wanting to die is even sadder.

Nagi clearly picked Haizakura to be her senpai because he thought she’d be able to show Retzel another way of life and that you can choose to do whatever you want, which she did. Great episode
Jul 31, 2022 2:35 PM

Feb 2019
BestMillimeter18 said:

So it airs on the same time every week, but it has an abema exclusivity deal so they get the rights to it first. Fansubs and Hidive are around Sunday afternoon/evening
Jul 31, 2022 2:59 PM

Mar 2021
Great episode i feel so sorry for Retzel i hope she can find some peace and the strength to move on Haizakura is such a beautiful singer
Jul 31, 2022 9:45 PM
May 2020
Haizakura saving automata one song at a time.
Aug 1, 2022 4:52 AM

May 2021
Great episode! We finally get to see Retzel! Gekka's face when she saw her and said 'she's suspicious' was too cute xD. Retzel is very skilled at cooking and reccomending products to customers as well.
However, not everything is all perfect...
After all she is an automata made for infiltration and subversion and the regular resetting method doesn't work on her... and she is prepared to execute orders against the enemy nation!
I felt sorry for Haizakura being put in that situation. 'MYUU!'
Her singing was beautiful as always!
Ikou ze, Retzel-chan!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 1, 2022 4:59 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 1, 2022 7:45 AM

Jun 2021
Final girl is here, I do like her already.
Aug 1, 2022 9:32 AM

Apr 2010
Well seems like the new girl had a agenda of her own even tho how own country already relieved her of her duty, things did turn out fine tho.
Haizakura tripped a lot more than usual this episode, someone should help her with that.
It also took a while before the others knew what was going on.
Aug 1, 2022 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
Haizakura is a cure for automatas xD

Nagi the scheming bastard knows everything :D He knows Haizakura's backstory and knows she has the ability to influence and fix other dolls, that's why he entrusted Retzel to her.

So then, we know the backstories of all the characters apart from Haizakura.

I bet she'll turn out to be the most advanced AI. Won't be surprised if she's the only doll who wasn't created for the war.
Aug 1, 2022 1:26 PM

Jun 2021
Masterpiece this anime, so beautiful
Aug 1, 2022 1:54 PM

Sep 2020
I didn't notice the new character is also in the op until this episode, also I thought she shot her, glad to see that she still retains her memory after the reset.
Aug 1, 2022 5:50 PM

May 2021
Best episode so far. An allegory for infiltration agents abandoned by their country, I believe. Really like the way she spoke to Haizakura in that mysterious manner.

Aug 2, 2022 2:46 AM

Oct 2007
a doll who gathers knives is scary. Good thing Haizakura approached the situation correctly.

Retzel is saved, and they also adopted a stray cat. Best episode for me, and also found best girl.. Retzel is best for me now, because she feed the hungry neko.

looking forward to next week. :)
Aug 2, 2022 3:57 AM
Jan 2020
Gotta be honest I wasn't enjoying this show much at all but this episode was amazing. I'm hoping episodes will stay more to this in the future if possible. Retzel best character by far.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Aug 2, 2022 2:53 PM
Nov 2017
This is the first episode I feel lives up to the potential I saw in the PVs.
Loved it and hope they keep up this level of quality.
Aug 5, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
Based on the OP, Retzel would be the last main automata introduced.

And as she is, the Lobelia automata doll picked up, memory-reset and fine-tuned by from the scraps of the war is here to help a hand, and Haizakura, you should be glad that you've become a Senpai of mentoring tutelage. But Retzel quickly proves her usefulness not long after, though she is still that suspicious character...whom harbours a suitcase full of knives (stolen from the café), ready for infiltration mission duties at anytime, anywhere since part of her system isn't fully reset that remains loyal to the faction she belongs to.

Where Retzel goes, Haizakura follows, snnce Nagi has given full responsibility for the latter to take care of the former. And in the plight of a long rain spell, Haizakura's singing soothes the soul and despte Retzel's constant rejections, the former's insistence leads her into trouble, though thankfully not in danger.

The automata once lead by order going out in a literate "blaze of glory" to finish her role through destruction by self-suicide, Retzel through Nagi is eventually wiped clean of her memory (though some elements still exists), and for the girl whom requested destruction instead of salvation, she doesn't feel worthy enough of being saved.

A heartwarming episode no doubt, so far the most tear-inducing drought of the automatas.
Aug 5, 2022 10:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ha chan as the mentor huh odd choice. Retzel sure has a wide range of skills. Perfect for a spy in other words. Still she did raise a valid point on what their role is within society now that the war is over. Inaba sure ended up getting a pretty relaxing position after being tied up. But Ha chan is right in that there are other roles that automata can fulfill in the new world. To think the orders that Retzel received turned out to be the one that they all feared. A blaze of glory huh how irresponsible of her homeland to send that. Im glad that in the end they were able to save Retzel from that kind of death. Everyone should be given a chance to live a new life if they so desire it. Overall an excellent ep that did well to introduce the last member of the main cast in the form of Retzel and show just how much is hidden beneath those eyes of hers. Curious to see what she will bring to the story. And having a combat capable automata will be most useful if the front keeps up their plans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2022 3:52 PM

Oct 2014
Ah, here it is. The open end route. Open end in a sense of the character, I mean. Staple KEY.
Bcs Haizakura wants Retzel to have a different goal, but Retzel didn't accept that. Even until the ending with all the reveal about the Master pulling strings to save Retzel, the character development of Retzel doesn't lead to a close in her struggle, but more of an acceptance of her fate - and whatever comes with it (the cat).
If anything Retzel feels more utsu than naki, as she doesn't have a sweet resolution to her personal conflict, just a resignation that the story of Retzel, the Lobelian automata whose made for infiltration purposes, will never be finished. (or at least not yet. idk what will they do in the future, but this thing use "character arc of the episode" format, so far, so I'd assume this part of Retzel's character is "finished", in the pov of the writer.)

Pacing still too fast, tho.
Revvie-chanAug 5, 2022 3:58 PM
Aug 5, 2022 5:33 PM

Jun 2017
Well we sure speedrunned Retzel's story but she is not a bad addition.
Aug 5, 2022 7:57 PM
May 2017
Losing the own raison d'être is the ultimate drama and the opportunity of a turning point for both human beings and any form of sentient AI.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 6, 2022 1:56 PM

Nov 2009
Retzel be that "Stabby Stabby doll"

___ ___ ___

I have a feeling Nagi actually knows about Retzel right from the beginning... since he said "the real her".

That was a nice calming song from Haizakura.

And Retzel tries to suicide since she no longer have a "use"

And yet again, Haizakura, the problem solving doll, helps Retzel realize there are other routes than just "stabby stabby".

Not only that, but this Nagi Chad... decide to forge the military paper and kept Retzel's memory.

___ ___ ___

Tho...

Apparently even after the war is over... Retzel can still get a signal of the war... (well, technically the war isn't really over, I think they just have a ceasefire treaty, sorta like North vs South Korea)

Retzel is actually a good girl, even tho the order said to "go out in glory" all she did was blow up a car on the bridge away from anyone else and tries to get the military to blow her up before anyone else is hurt. (as she ties up Haizakura on the tower, lol)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 6, 2022 2:30 PM

Aug 2021
Being an automaton of the enemy side, if it seemed that she was going to fulfill her mission but she no longer had one and sought to be killed, she is still living although she will have to find a new reason, let's see if she does it in the café.
Aug 7, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2014
Every episode has been like it to some degree, but I feel that Retzel's story has most strongly embodied this show's message about trying to find new purpose when your original purpose is no longer attainable or necessary. I do think they could have spent more time on this particular case rather than rushing through it in one episode (no doubt to fit in more inane slice-of-life hijinks and even more singing), but oh well. Still, it feels like shit is really gonna hit the fan soon with the Imperial Line Faction continuing to step up their activities.

The big mystery now is just how an automata as powerful as Haizakura came to be seemingly without anyone knowing it until Nagi found her: none of the soldiers know about her, and from what we've seen so far Nagi essentially stumbled upon her by sheer dumb luck, so there must be more going on than that.
Aug 7, 2022 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
The last girl is here and not a bad episode but I gota say the part where stole the kitchen's knifes are very weird in a funny way. I mean she has a gun (which weirdly Nagi didn't confiscate or remove the bullet) so why does she need to steal all knifes ?? That makes no sense
Aug 8, 2022 12:06 AM

May 2019
Good episode, we get Retzel's story and it's kind of sad, as most of the automata's stories are. Haizakura is the best one to be mentored by as she is the most understanding and compassionate. Glad the cat was brought over to help out Retzel, hope she finds a new purpose that will fulfill her.
Aug 9, 2022 8:17 AM
Aug 2018
The last bits of the episode are what made it for me. The rest was all over the place like much of the other episodes.
Aug 18, 2022 12:58 AM

Sep 2015
Interesting character but oh my, the pacing and transitions are atrocious.

Reminds me of past key animes.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Aug 23, 2022 4:37 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like Retzel but that was pretty sad for how her condition regarding her role in the war and spying affected her like a PTSD for not having a raison d'être anymore and wanting to be destroyed :/ at least it ended well, now she'll managed to live another life at the café hopefully
Sep 11, 2022 3:07 PM

Nov 2018
Really loving this
Nov 1, 2022 6:54 AM

Feb 2021
It must be sad to be that spy doll.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 10, 2023 4:00 AM
Apr 2021
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Haizakura being drag up to bed by Retzel! I feel the Yuri behind this

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2022

57 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jan 29, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2022

27 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jan 29, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2022

30 by welcome2atlantis »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:51 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2022

72 by JeanCarlos65535 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2022

40 by welcome2atlantis »»
Sep 8, 2023 5:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.