Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2022
I really liked the animation, I was blown away by it ♥
Jul 9, 2022 7:59 AM

Mar 2008
Damn. What a strong start. I was waiting for this title but 1 ep. it exceeded all my expectations. Anime looks great, sounds great, and is very enjoyable to watch. The interaction between the mc and the vampire is brilliant but also the main storyline itself has a solid foundation.
Ahh and yeaahh... that's the stuff.

Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
Really, really enjoyed this first episode. I know some aren't super high on the MC but I didn't mind him. I think we've all had parts of our lives were we just didn't know what to do and were just existing. I do wish he were a bit older as I find the contrast between the two to be quite big even with their great chemistry so far.

Also the last scene hit fucking hard. The ED song slapped so hard. Had a long drive today and listened to it on repeat for a bit. But that scene with the reverse princess carry with that song playing, gave me chills.
Jul 9, 2022 9:33 AM

Jun 2016
First night out on the town, you find yourself in an apartment alone with a female vampire. Sounds like a big win to me, hehe.

Bright and vivid colour palette on display here. Those purples and yellow could almost blind a person, holy hell!

Talk about a pain in the arse, the requirements to turning into a vampire seem to be one big hassle. Screw that shite, honestly.

Would've been better if the protag died flying off that swing. Instant 10 out of 10.

Jul 9, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2012
Wow, what was that?!?!!?!? That was crazy good! And that ending song when they went flying was freaking hype as well.

The vibrant & dazzling colors are also so pretty. I can't stop admiring them in the background..
Then the two interesting and funny characters.. their interactions and dialogue are so refreshing.
And honestly, I cannot foresee what might happen next in the story so its unpredictability sort of makes me eager to see more future episodes!
Jul 9, 2022 11:00 AM
Jun 2019
An amazing first episode with incredible animation. The op and ed were pretty fun to listen to. If the animation could stay consistent through the entire run, this would be a pretty solid anime.

I learned a new word today, and it’s “copulate.”

A nice detail that her reflection does not show in the mirror.

Cool screenshots

The first and second one, especially the second one, could make nice wallpapers?
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 9, 2022 11:12 AM

Mar 2014
A bit different from the usual vampire anime but still pretty good, too bad I don't like the MC. He sound like a twat
Jul 9, 2022 11:17 AM
Apr 2022
animation was good, ost was good, concept isn't really all that interesting but it's a good 1st episode
Jul 9, 2022 11:21 AM

Mar 2020
Why the fuck is he 14 ?!? Not again please
Jul 9, 2022 1:15 PM
Nov 2016
16yo would be cooler, but I don't get to choose, I like the dagashi vampire, a better Shikimori I would say. Solid 1st ep.
Jul 9, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2020
lovely art and stays true to the manga in terms of design. really great story and excited for the next episode.
Jul 9, 2022 3:45 PM

Dec 2019
Man that was amazing and man the artstyle and animation is gorgeous
Jul 9, 2022 3:54 PM
Dec 2020
KanameYuuki said:
Ryiebe said:
You have to remember this site isn't home to the brightest of minds. I'm having a borderline aneurysm reading through some of these posts.

We can all rest easy now, big brain patrol is on the move!
Here to save you all!
Jul 9, 2022 5:02 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A bit strange, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It's got style, that's for sure. The neon color palette really enhanced the visuals and the music was good too.

It took me a minute to realize that the art style is really similar to Dagashi Kashi, but upon closer inspection, it's by the same author. I enjoyed that series, so I feel like I'll like this one too. That's probably why the comedy worked well for me here.

Also, good on Sentai for nabbing this one.
Jul 9, 2022 7:15 PM
Jan 2022
Fa-_2003 said:
Why the fuck is he 14 ?!? Not again please

probably the author just want to expand his manga market in Japan(shonen), and he's probably inspired by the lyrics of the Ed song from creepy Nuts which has 14 yo sentence in the lyrics (his manga name is inspired by that song after all).
MnMm07Jul 9, 2022 7:54 PM
Jul 9, 2022 7:21 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Wow, some frames reminded me of those fanart/wallpaper aesthetic backgrounds. Feels like a group of artists who make those stuff joined together to make this anime. This is perfect for me, a night owl.
Jul 9, 2022 7:34 PM

Nov 2018
Nazuna has a fantastic VA
Jul 9, 2022 7:47 PM

May 2022
to be honest I can't hate the main character. he is too relateable
Jul 9, 2022 8:10 PM

Jan 2018
The directing was the stand out of the episode, can't say I like the show. With the goofy chibi comedy and honestly pretty uninteresting story this is a drop
Jul 9, 2022 10:56 PM

Oct 2008
Nazuna Nanakusa looks like half Kirari Momobami & half Toga Himiko with the same eye pattern of Hotaru Shidare... who agree? lolz
not sure about the plot of this show but since its from VA Ten-chan...i'll keep in check. but yeah visuals are eye candy
4/5.
matias067Jul 9, 2022 11:03 PM

Jul 10, 2022 3:47 AM

Nov 2014
Solid first episode. They really spent the episode just setting up the night vibe for the show. Hopefully we just get to enjoy this vibe as they meet interesting colourful people out at night, maybe even stumble on them again.

Slightly annoyed at the multiple deliberate cuts towards Nazuna's body. Wish they kept that part on the more subtle side, but that's just nitpicking.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 10, 2022 4:46 AM
Feb 2012
Thought this would be a hidden gem, but seeing the comments on here, it just looks like I've been living under a rock huh?
Pretty damn great first episode, and I finally found a character voiced by Amamiya Sora that I REALLY like.
Jul 10, 2022 4:47 AM

Jul 2019
I already love the characters and the visuals are so beautiful. I don't know what to expect when it comes to the story but I'm optimistic.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Jul 10, 2022 6:01 AM

Aug 2021
Perhaps it is understandable that at that age it is very confusing to be able to fall in love with a girl -or boy- or to want to be someone in the future, and this causes his insomnia.
Jul 10, 2022 7:40 AM

May 2021
Ah yes, night-time, my favourite time of the day, where I can chill and binge a bunch of anime or read some manga. And thus, I totally get where he's coming from. Add on the colourful visuals and the OSTs and this may well be the best new show this season. There's also many Shaft-ed shots so that's a plus.

I hope they nail the story as well, in particular, insomnia.

Jul 10, 2022 7:53 AM

Nov 2017
Omg I really enjoy it. Suzuha+toga = cute vampire

Jul 10, 2022 8:56 AM

May 2022
I dont't get it

why the hell is the score decreasing? the first ep was amazing the score should be more than 8.2.
I have been a fan of this show since the trailer dropped
Jul 10, 2022 9:56 AM

Mar 2021
absolute banger of an episode
Track 8 on The Notorious B.I.G's Ready To Die
Jul 10, 2022 10:25 AM

Dec 2013
That was fresh and awesome. I love their awkward interactions. Can only hope the MC doesn't turn into a normie after a life lesson or some bullshit at the end of the show. Please keep delivering the quirkiness.
Jul 10, 2022 12:27 PM

Sep 2020
Really great first episode!!! The visuals are so cool and amazing, pink and purple blend together, also the op is very good too.
Jul 10, 2022 1:52 PM
May 2022
The best scene of this first episode, already Epic Moment !

Are u Sleeping ?

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbYTlPYJE4 )
Jul 10, 2022 8:20 PM

Oct 2017
Is this something I'm too dense or too old to understand or enjoy?
The only fun bit was the "just the tip" joke...
Nothing happened during 24 minutes, all we know is that we have a pedo vampire and that's it.

This episode felt like it was just a wallpaper demonstration then I come to mal to see this was the most anticipated show of the season? Really?
Jul 10, 2022 9:34 PM
Jan 2022
Hmm it seems like this will be a pointless or no purpose romcom like Shikimori but with vampire. The similarities are it has weak male MC and flawless female MC. At least the animation is top notch, but something that looks good like this might became bad after next few episodes, so....but anyway, will give this a few more episodes.
Ardi8Jul 10, 2022 9:40 PM
Jul 11, 2022 3:26 AM

Jan 2019
Got high hopes for this one! Beautiful art direction and great character designs, the OP is also a standout. Love the chill vibes that you wouldn't expect from a vampire show.

Interesting concept to have a seemingly ace protagonist trying to learn how to love, can't wait to see where it goes!

Jul 11, 2022 4:49 AM
Jan 2022
Sark_Morgan said:
Is this something I'm too dense or too old to understand or enjoy?
The only fun bit was the "just the tip" joke...
Nothing happened during 24 minutes, all we know is that we have a pedo vampire and that's it.

This episode felt like it was just a wallpaper demonstration then I come to mal to see this was the most anticipated show of the season? Really?

this show is about insomniac people having fun at night with the vampire element undertones to makes the story more interesting and has potential to be more than just about having fun.
MnMm07Jul 11, 2022 6:10 AM
Jul 11, 2022 8:20 AM

May 2022
Ardi8 said:
Hmm it seems like this will be a pointless or no purpose romcom like Shikimori but with vampire. The similarities are it has weak male MC and flawless female MC. At least the animation is top notch, but something that looks good like this might became bad after next few episodes, so....but anyway, will give this a few more episodes.

I don't wanna spoil the manga but the main character is going to become the coolest guy in the show
Jul 11, 2022 8:36 AM

Oct 2015
Good start, I love the animation. The characters are little copy paste, a little though, I guess I'll fully find out on the next episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 11, 2022 8:51 AM
May 2022
WTF Honestly I wasn't expecting this quality of animation,soundtrack and voice acting!! This was very entertaining to watch,can't wait to chapter 2 (also I LOVE Nazuna design <3 )
Jul 11, 2022 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
love the smooth animation, visuals, & OST !! I hope the ML wouldn't be dense in the next episodes, cute FL anyway so still gonna watch it
Jul 11, 2022 1:00 PM

Dec 2014
Visuals/sound were good. Actual animation was okay. Story seems okay? Does this get better? Not really seeing the hype yet. I'll give it the 3 ep rule though.
Jul 11, 2022 9:07 PM
Oct 2019
Hell yeah, queer supportive vampire.

The anime looks gorgeous, the soundtrack slaps, the characters have a fun chemistry and the concept is fun. Have I mentioned how gorgeous the anime is?
Jul 12, 2022 12:16 AM

May 2019
Went into this blind and didn't realize how popular it is. First thing I noticed was the great use of pinks and purples, on both the night sky, city buildings, and the girl. Animation is also top notch. Story didn't seem that strong but I'm sure that will get more interesting as it progresses. What I know so far is the boy can't sleep and after meeting the girl now wants to become a vampire.
Jul 12, 2022 5:19 AM

May 2021
First episode which exceeded my (already high) expectations. Can't wait too see more
Jul 12, 2022 10:07 AM

Nov 2020
This is dope. the artstyle, vibe, music literally in every aspect. I really like the phrase don't sleep until you're satisfied with your day or something along those lines. a perfect show to watch before I go to sleep. I think this will feel weird to watch during the day ngl.
Jul 13, 2022 1:44 PM
Sep 2018
Fuck this slaps harder than my dad. The breathe taking visuals to the animation followed by the OST with the perfect VA's and finally the ED rolling is a chef's kiss. it was brilliantly done and the OP and ED are definitely bangers. my only complaint is sometimes the lighting is very high and it makes my eyes blind lol. 8/10 for initial rating.
Jul 14, 2022 1:22 AM

May 2015
This looks amazing! I'm liking the characters so far, and I dont think slice of lifes at night are pretty common either. It definitely could go a lot of directions, and with catchy tracks like the OP and ED I think interest will be kept.
Jul 14, 2022 5:28 AM

Apr 2020
That was a solid first episode, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I still can't get over the fact that it's directed by LIDENFILMS and it looks this amazing! (no offence lidenfilms)
Jul 14, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2021
Damn, the opening is quite the banger. Didn't expect it to go that hard. Visuals are obviously nice

If Gojo Satoru and Himiko Toga had a daughter, I presume this is how she would look like (probably minus the fangs)

I love how Nazuna's reflection wasn't being shown in the elevator lol

Ko isn't into 'copulation', crushes and other such stuff. Is he asexual or something?

The episode felt awfully short or should I say not much happened except the introductions

The only problem I have here is how easily Ko agreed to just follow a complete stranger to her home. I mean if he was a regular night-walk kinda guy and had met her a couple of times, then it would still be a lot more believable lol. Not that it really matters tbh.

Another minor nitpick is how in this art style the boobies are made so pointy. Sometimes they look way too point. As if they can cut through steel 💀💀💀

Overall, it had a decent start. I wasn't expecting much from the very first episode anyways.

Jul 14, 2022 2:04 PM

Aug 2019
pPicked this anime up on a whim after seeing some promotion art for characters and the cover so i really have no idea what to expect, but rn all i can say is i'm invested and first impressions are very good.

Visuals felt like a work of art. Scenery this episode alone was actually stunning with some of angles, the night sky looked amazing. The purple tint for me was what really set caught my attention, it definitely gave the visuals more color and vibrancy, but also added to the supernatural atmosphere especially when Nanakusa was around. The animation itself felt fluent between the tense, humorous and dialogue heavy scenes. Character design seems average, Nanakusa's design is unsurprisingly the most unique rn.
OST is really fitting. Its mostly calm, soft and really helps the mood of a silent night. The OP and ED on the other hand are both catchy af and personally fit that theme of feeling free and open.
The story and characters for the first episode seem likeable. Nanakusa has a quite laidback and free personality with obvious hints of mystery to her. Yamori seems to have his own thing going even before meeting Nanakusa. The story seems quite straight forward especially with this ep alone. Interested how they'll go about the theme of vampire romance.

All in all, i know jumping to conclusions is bad, but honestly if this anime keeps the same pacing i'm very much gonna fall in love with the it. The visuals and ost are captivating as it is, let alone giving the story and characters some time to grow. I also unironically watched this at 4am for the true experience.
Code0018Jul 14, 2022 2:12 PM
Jul 14, 2022 4:50 PM

Nov 2017
I knew absolutely nothing about this,started watching,thought its not too bad,Nazuna turned up,one look at her eyes and I instantly thought of Dagashi Kashi(Hotaru is one of my favourite waifu's,due to her being totally nuts!!),looked it up,yep,by the same author(Kotoyama),watched til the end,breathed,and now I want the manga as well,and I'm waiting for a figure of Nazuna to come out(It had better be good!) - And there is one by Kotobukiya,pretty nice too!
All in all,a solid first ep,and surprisingly I enjoyed it as much as,if not more,Dagashi Kashi!!!

And I've just realised who her CV has also done voices for - Aqua(Konosuba)Miia(Monster Musume)Honoka(Mahouka)Isla(Plastic Memories)!!!
Damn,I thought she sounded familiar,and hot ;)
StarhammerJul 14, 2022 5:03 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

226 by korsarz »»
Apr 23, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

380 by soasss »»
Apr 19, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

231 by korsarz »»
Mar 30, 1:31 PM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM

» Season 2 announcement & Key Visual

AbelDande - Mar 11

41 by Oongbuh »»
Mar 18, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.