Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2022 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Even though this is the anime's finale, it felt like many of the other episodes. Somehow, they threw in some shower fan service and Kou's reaction was kinda priceless.

On the other hand, I like how they gave most characters some screen time besides just Kou and Nazuna. Hatsuka in particular got some highlight. I like how Kou's encounter with Nazuna is similar to the first episode. These two pair really made the anime entertaining imo. That kiss!
Sep 29, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2020
Appearances can fool you.. have learnt this same thing from time to time but still. I mean who would've thought this stonked as hell vampire was a "boy" all along. I swear Ko’s bucket list of bizarre experiences just added the strangest entry of them all lol. Anyways thank goodness Ko declined Hatsuka’s offer of becoming his offspring, like.. just nah. Nazuna’s good enough for him.

One may think things were dreadfully serious over Nazuna’s end, but the reality actually was a stark contrast. I mean why solve things with violence when you can peacefully have love gossip lmao, “Love talk” for the win. Ko declaring his grand ambition, and flustered Nazuna.. just the way we wanted them to conclude things off. Makes you love this series more and more.

Without a doubt the best thing to come out this season, from likeable characters to engaging plot, ticked pretty much every box out there. Thursdays won’t be the same from next week.
Sep 29, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
Hatsuka brings Ko into her home for a safe haven, but the people in her home...most likely isn't her family, but her offspring. But the biggest mystery is that Hatsuka, ain't even a girl, but a boy who just acts tomboy-ish wearing women's clothes. And vampires just do their own thing, which is to suck blood. At this point, Nazuna can't help but admit that Ko has second thoughts about being a vampire, which does not sit well with the other vampires. And above all, they do the one thing they do best: have some love gossip.

Instead of being under Nazuna, Hatsuka's plan for Ko to be under him since his love affection for Nazuna is highly unlikely but make no mistake that Hatsuka is appealing even as a tomboy, and she excels at mind manipulation. Even then, Ko, despite the gap between men and women, at least he tried to like Nazuna and got his feelings sorted out, thanks to Hatsuka. Even with the scuffle between Nazuna and Niko, as Ko makes a runaway from the police and embraces the night to find the girl who has been lying to him all this while, it's time for the vampire to step up her game and make Ko fall for him, as the condition to spare his life and work together regardless of boredom.

DAT KISS though, it's finally become a complete circle for both Nazuna and Ko.

A pretty good stopping point, and really though, the entire show has been an experience altogether.
KANLen09Sep 29, 2022 10:55 AM
Sep 29, 2022 9:50 AM

Oct 2017
So Hatsuka was a trap, does it matter that he's a guy? Nope. Nazuna and Ko interaction was cute and we got a kiss, sweet.

The adaptation was simply amazing, props to the staff, seiyuu end everyone else involved. Loved watching Nazuna.
MegamiRemSep 29, 2022 10:08 PM
Sep 29, 2022 9:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Broadcast time changed from 24:55 to 25:20 on Fuji TV. I was starting to get really concerned there until I saw the Twitter post confirming the change.

Oof, that was an amazing finish right there! Nazuna-chan pledging to be a vampire to attract Yamori was too sweet to be true. But then that kiss to top it off, let's freakin; go! Season 2, please. I need more of this in my life.

Credits to Hirata-san for giving Nazuna-chan that push although, to be honest, I didn't fully get that part so it'll have to wait until the subs are out. Hatsuka-san sure has a serious fan following but the fact it's a he took me for a loop too xD, you were not the only one Yamori. Yamori rejecting his offer and giving him the clarification needed was also nice to see.

It's a pity that we didn't get to see more of the detective and Akira-san here, I really liked them too. And, of course, there's his friend too. He's finally gotten an answer and I'm sure he'll struggle to articulate it when explaining to the two but I'm looking forward to how that goes nonetheless. I'm confident that they'll be able to accept it.

Anyway, this has been a blast of a watch! To think that Sora Amamiya-san honestly could pull off such a role flawlessly is still mind-blowing to me. I'm sure my good friend, @FMmatron, must be very pleased with the way she nailed this role. Serious respect, her range is incredible. Having Sawashiro Miyuki-san of course a plus too. Got to give a shoutout to all the other VAs too, and the main character's inner dialogues were handled very well.

A fan of Creepy Nuts from now on too. It's amazing to think that the creator came up with this story from one song, but thank God the synergy was there to produce this fantastic series. AOTY candidate for me. 9/10.

Good stuff - here's the illustration from the Director: https://twitter.com/yofukashi_pr/status/1575528329167241218

@FMmatron Ah right, fair enough. I found the show to be fantastic, so I hope you'll be able to give this another shot and appreciate it more then.
_MushiRock11_Sep 29, 2022 10:28 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2022 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
@MushiRock11 I've dropped it after episode 4 🤣 Not even Amamiya Sora could make up for my wrong frame of mind and lack of time this summer.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2022 10:48 AM
Apr 2022
so for some reason when I voted it changed my answer
Sep 29, 2022 10:52 AM
Jul 2021
Stark700 said:
Even though this is the anime's finale, it felt like many of the other episodes. Somehow, they threw in some shower fan service and Kou's reaction was kinda priceless.

On the other hand, I like how they gave most characters some screen time besides just Kou and Nazuna. Hatsuka in particular got some highlight. I like how Kou's encounter with Nazuna is similar to the first episode. These two pair really made the anime entertaining imo. That kiss!

bro where did you watch it??
Sep 29, 2022 10:57 AM

Feb 2019
Hatsuka had my PP EXTREMELY confused ngl.

What a finale. Nazuna standing up to the other vampires and Ko fully embracing his journey to fall in love and become a vampire. Last two weeks we got some pretty difficult obstacles for him to overcome, but now he’s fully committed to the process. Proud of my boy.

Love how everything came full circle with Ko being the aggressor and tracking down Nazuna and then the kiss to seal the deal. Perfect conclusion to what’s been an extremely fun ride.
Marinate1016Sep 29, 2022 11:01 AM
Sep 29, 2022 10:58 AM

Apr 2020
I like the vibes and animation it has but I found the characters very average.
Also it's a romance with no story which I'm not a fan.
The OP and EN are amazing tho.
6/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 29, 2022 11:02 AM

May 2021
Great episode! HATSUKA SAMAAAAAAAAAAA! She has some very dedicated followers xD.
She goes in the shower whilst Ko waits.
And then she...
no,
HE,(!)
asks Kou for a towel lol.
Meanwhle, Nazuna tells the other vampires that Kou is probably not going to become a vampire but she asks them to not harm him.
They aren't too happy at that....
But Nazuna isn't backing down!
Kou tells Hatsuka about Anko.
But it seems she is more interested in drinking Kou's blood!
Though luckily for him it doesn't happen xD.
Hatsuka proposes Kou should become one of his offspring since the chances he will fall in love are low.
Though he refuses as he wants to be with Nazuna.
When he arrives to where he thinks Nazuna is, it seems she left a while ago. Niko tells him she isn't in a condition to talk...
He runs off trying to find her.
But the police Anko called are here!
He jumps off the bridge and escapes!
It seems now Kou understands just how fun the night can be.
And he finally finds Nazuna who is at the vending machine lol.
To his surprise, she doesn't seem to be injured luckily.
Kou tells her everything they did was fun and then says he will fall in love with her!
'Let's stay together!'
And then Nazuna kisses him!

AND THEN THE AWESOME ENDING THEME KICKS IN!
YOFUKASHI NO UTAAAAAAAAAAAA!
TERASHITETTE MOONLIGHHHHHHTTT!

This was a great show and I hope we get a season 2!
Rem4lifexDSep 29, 2022 11:16 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 29, 2022 11:04 AM

Jun 2019
My comfort anime... that's it. This show makes me feel cozy due to the setting and the atmosphere this anime takes place in. From having quite a few relatable moments, to definitely not relatable moments. This had everything. I don't usually like vampire settings, especially those Times New Roman ones where I feel like I don't belong in such a high society but this show was totally different. I felt like yeah... I can see why Kou wants to become a vampire.

But, aside from that, great animation, great atmosphere, great direction, and storyboards, great OST. Really need a Nazuna in my life. LOL. Cheerful and funny vampire and she's adorable. I envy Kou in some places like having the option to turn himself into a vampire. But, it can be scary at times being around vampires. I'm definitely gonna miss this show a lot.
Sep 29, 2022 11:04 AM

Apr 2022
Oh my god they kissed!!!1!

But fan service aside, I feel this was a pretty decent way to end the season. It solidifies Nanakusa and Yamori's goals in their relationship, and sets up what they're gonna try to do in the future. It also sorts out their inner conflicts. There's also a bit of a tussle between Nanakusa and the other vampires, which eventually resolves in newfound drive for Nanakusa.

So all in all, pretty decent. It gives a possible second season some footholds to start from. Though I must admit, the episode feels a little less... impactful? I guess I feel like other episodes progressed the story and whatnot more. But it's a finale, and it's meant to resolve things, so I guess my complaints might be a tad bit unfounded.

I hope these ramblings weren't too stupid, haha.
Sep 29, 2022 11:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hatsuka sure has some interesting housemates/offspring. Nice place he has though. But man that bombshell that he dropped though. Pretty bold of Nazuna to present that statement to the others and hoping it will go off without a hitch. It's cute seeing Hatsuka get embarrassed though. Ko's blunt nature really does shine in the most unexpected of moments sometimes. Escaping the cops by jumping the walkway was pretty dramatic. In the end while its nice that Nico didn't harm Nazuna the conditions that she gave Nazuna sure proved to be the perfect one. Hoping to see a season 2 for this that I know will be coming please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2022 11:14 AM
Dec 2020
fucking loved this
Sep 29, 2022 11:21 AM
Dec 2020
For anyone wondering, the anime concludes at exactly chapter 46. Yall can start with Ch47 :) Hope this helps
Sep 29, 2022 11:22 AM

Dec 2021
finally last episode ❤️
hi
Sep 29, 2022 11:24 AM
Jan 2020
Holy fuck this show's directing is beyond good

NOW WHERE THE FUCK IS S2
Sep 29, 2022 11:24 AM

Jul 2020
Since when is the MC an invincible superhero who jumps off an overpass bridge like it's nothing?

Anyways, this show had like 2 interesting episodes (those with the detective girl) out of 13. I'm not gonna talk shit about this show cuz why bother, lots of people love it. For me it's 6/10, at least the overall scenery of midnight city was nice-looking and also that kissing scene in the end was sweet
Sep 29, 2022 11:26 AM

Mar 2022
nice ending loved it

Sep 29, 2022 11:26 AM

Jan 2012
Great 13th episode.
First now realised that I can't get a signature because disabled BBCode e.e
Sep 29, 2022 11:31 AM

Feb 2021
Damn that was a great finale, I'll miss this show, probably my favorite one from the season.

I was shocked to see that vampire was a guy all along...

But honestly I just wanna see how this continues, I really want to see more of Anko and so I hope this show gets a season 2.
Sep 29, 2022 11:33 AM
Sep 2015
I think the first time I watch the anime that based on a song (there are others but I haven't watch it yet.)
Sep 29, 2022 11:45 AM

Feb 2021
Kiri_kun said:
Stark700 said:

bro where did you watch it??
It's on Hidive...
Sep 29, 2022 11:50 AM
Apr 2022
It was cute seeing Nazuna take the lead at the end, and the look she gave Kou was amazing..
Sep 29, 2022 11:52 AM
Apr 2022
This anime should easily get AOTY and Best Director noms. So damn good. Hope it gets another season
Sep 29, 2022 12:10 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was so sweet, loved the series. Hope for second season
Sep 29, 2022 12:13 PM
Mar 2021
it was fucking great the best anime ive seen in a while and the only anime that i bought manga to continue it after the show and i bought it after only 2 eps lol
Sep 29, 2022 12:14 PM

Nov 2014
That twist! I've been wondering why all vampires are female. Now I don't need to worry about that anymore.
Nazuna's face in the very last shot was great. It seems she is the one who fell in love first lol.
Sep 29, 2022 12:16 PM

Mar 2021
This show was definitely one of the gems from this season (if not this year) for me. I was hopeful after seeing the initial teasers/trailers (and who was directing), and I am happy/relieved that it met my expectations. I really hope this gets additional seasons.

For what it is worth, the shot-for-shot reenactment of the beer-buying scene from the first episode with the roles reversed made me laugh out. What a delightful (hilarious) way to show the progress the characters have made while also connecting it to their earliest interaction. Splendid.
Sep 29, 2022 12:20 PM
May 2021
Loved this show from the get go, made me but the physical manga ;). Need a s2!!!!!
Sep 29, 2022 12:22 PM

Apr 2020
Bisexual king 🫡
I don't know how signatures work

Sep 29, 2022 12:38 PM
Aug 2020
didn't watch yet, and i am typing because i need to complete 15 characters
Sep 29, 2022 12:44 PM
Mar 2015
In the end they agreed to try to find new things to do together Love as brainwashing was kind of interesting
Sep 29, 2022 12:44 PM
Aug 2022
I almost crie at the end 11/10 go watch it
Sep 29, 2022 12:50 PM

Feb 2018
The perfect way to wrap up this series, especially with that shot of Nazuna at the end.
Best music of this season for sure. Really helped set up a lot of the moments throughout the whole thing.
Sep 29, 2022 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
Ah, so Hatsuka is a dude lol. It was great to see Ko take initiative and actually be assertive toward Nazuna for once. Love how the alcohol vending machine moment came full circle lol. What a kiss to end the show! This was a fun and relaxing watch, Creepy Nuts killed it with the theme songs and the insert song, and I just loved how colorful this show was. Chill vibes all around, I'd love a 2nd season to see where this goes but I might hop on the manga so I won't have to wait.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 29, 2022 1:09 PM

May 2020
Nice ending fking loved it every single episode
OP and ED both bangers
Definitely my favorite anime of the season

10/10
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Sep 29, 2022 1:18 PM
Nov 2018
Meh, half of this ep was so disgusting. Unecessary character, had to skip almost half of the ep. I'm glad they kept it only in one ep at least. But that just killed the mood of this anime. It felt very rushed anyway. Looked like they could go on, having them run away from the detective could be a nice history.
Sep 29, 2022 1:19 PM

Nov 2021
Overall a fantastic adaptation of my favorite manga. While I think that anime could not capture the atmosphere of the manga, the incredible va performance and bold color choices more than make up for it. I sure fucking hope it'll get a season 2 asap, the following content in the manga is just too good not to adapt.
Sep 29, 2022 1:29 PM
Apr 2022
NOOOO I CANT BEIEVE ITS OVER D: THEY GOTTA ANNOUNCE S2 ALREADY MANNN!!!! Hella good ending wow, I love Nazuna sm. The kiss scene at the enddd~~ I love seeing Nazuna happy, Ko too ig. Tbh I like the fact that Hatsuka's a dude, not in a fetishy way or anything but i just think it's cool that when they mean "vampires do whatever tf they want" that also includes going against gender norms n all
what do i put here,, no rly im not creative ; - ;
Sep 29, 2022 1:32 PM
May 2021
What an ending
This gotta be one of my best shows this season
also it looks like Ko is starting to get some kinda superhuman abilities maybe half vampire-half human thing? Idk but that jump from the bridge and superspeed wasnt something normal
Hope this gets a season 2
Sep 29, 2022 1:39 PM
Dec 2021
Kinda surprises me that Kou didn't have more concerns about Hatsuka's brood of nutjob offspring or the whole potential mind control thing. Between the hungry, hungry guidance councilor at the school, the vampire hunter who has likely broken ALL the privacy laws and the three stooges in the apartment, I'd be a little more on edge than Kou was.

I did like that fact that, while he was flummoxed about Hatsuka being a guy at first, at the end he pretty much shrugged and effectively said he wouldn't kick him out of bed if push came to shove.

I think that, if CotN doesn't get another season, there could be worse places to end it - but anyone with any kind of investment in the story probably going to be salty if they don't get to see how Nazuna tries to correct course (or for manga readers, seeing how she tries to correct course with the color designer for the anime, color palette was sexy IMHO).
Sep 29, 2022 1:56 PM
Jan 2022
The ending was pretty good, though I'm not sure what the point of faking out Nanasa being injured. Though overall it was a pretty satisfying ending to the first season.
Sep 29, 2022 2:01 PM
Feb 2021
Finally a good ending for short romance comedy show.
Sep 29, 2022 2:14 PM
Mar 2020
The vibes were immaculate till the very end
Sep 29, 2022 2:17 PM

Jan 2012
A discussion on gender in relation to understanding, running from the police, having fun(and kissing) in the night to end the series.

8.15? Really? Huh, I had no idea this was scored that high on here. I honestly don't see it, but whatever. This series was fine, I suppose. I had two big takeaways regarding it. First, once I discovered it was done by the same dude who did Dagashi Kashi(and it was pretty immediate given the very obvious similarities in the art) I couldn't help but find it funny that he never has his mc's romance the girl i actually want them to in the series, but that's honestly more of a Dagashi Kashi issue as here there's really no romantic inclinations besides the main one. Second, and more positively, I did enjoy the atmosphere the outdoor night scenes gave off. The neon purples, greens, and other colors were very vibrant, particularly while watching with the lights turned off...at night.(I type this having just watched the last episode in broad daylight too....whattaya gonna do?)

The rest? Serviceable, nothing more. Certain episodes were on the boring side, the maid cafe felt particularly pointless. Others weren't bad. I liked that the one stalker dude wasn't killed and became a vampire in that one episode. I felt they tried to shoe-horn in an actual plot with the vampire hunter and killing vampires too late to really care, but I suspect that's probably more of a setup for next season if the series ever gets one. I'm an anime-only though, so just a guess. Would I watch a second season of this? Ehhhh....maybe. If it aired during a weak season and I wanted to pad out my watch list. 6/10
animefan8800Sep 29, 2022 2:20 PM
Sep 29, 2022 2:25 PM
Mar 2022
Great final episode! Can't wait for season 2.
Sep 29, 2022 2:27 PM
Mar 2022
THe last kiss is fabolous.
Sep 29, 2022 2:34 PM
Jul 2022
supa goated, need season 2 asap!!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

231 by korsarz »»
Mar 30, 1:31 PM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mimimilk - Jul 4, 2022

383 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 4:59 PM

» Season 2 announcement & Key Visual

AbelDande - Mar 11

41 by Oongbuh »»
Mar 18, 5:46 PM

» Started Watching

FiddlePie - Jan 29

18 by SecretTechnique »»
Mar 11, 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.