3It was OK
33.5%
2Disliked it
3.2%
1Hated it
4.8%
Average 3.8
248 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 2022 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
Yup, everyone united to repel the anti witch forces. Honestly, did they just expect to walk in with no opposition?

Not going to lie, I think this episode lived up to its buildup. The fighting was tense and everyone did their part to protect the village. Ross can also be such a troll lol. It was an okay series imo, nothing groundbreaking but watchable.
Jun 30, 2022 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
The witch-hunting battle restarts again, and the soldiers thought they were dead meat, but they're just being played with by Zero and the witches...not so with the demons, with a demon-possessed Beastfallen leading the charge, capturing Lilly in the process that has both the priest and Youhei to the rescue.

Back at the Witch's Village, the students and Tyrant are able to hold their fort well, utilizing every inch of their newfangled powers and Zero using this as like their final test of sorts to kill, but not to the point of death as promised. Zero in her top form after the events of the original, she's clearly stronger than ever with the Grimoire of Zero at hand to lay waste to the demon-possessed.

The Remnants of Disaster are problematic in and of itself, and it's only thanks to Loux that the play has reached its climax to expose the Anti-Witch Church are once again back at their play to linger the once-ending war between the humans and the witches.

Sayb, Hort and Kudo all earned their graduation diplomas for working this hard, and Zero's final gift of the Grimoire of Zero that was stolen by the elder brother Thirteen bestowed to Sayb, he definitely has a better usage of the book than Zero does. With that, the 3 students go forth onward to wherever their jobs call them to be, and the rest as they say, is history.

It would be an understatement to call this show boring, it's just not as good as Grimoire of Zero overall despite being a sequel and a spin-off.
KANLen09Jun 30, 2022 12:12 PM
Jun 30, 2022 11:43 AM
Sep 2015
Considering all those cruel fate that happened in previous episodes, the ending is surprisingly happy (and sexy, those naked soldiers...)
Jun 30, 2022 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
And so the village is successfully defended(with zero casualties no less,) the bishop outed, and our three students graduated and off on a new assignment, together.

This was a pleasant enough watch. Likable enough main cast of characters. Everyone in the village too. Honestly I'm still astounded it took me until around 8 episodes in to realize it was a sequel to a series I watched 4 years ago. That makes me wonder how memorable this will be for me in the long run too. I'm gonna guess not very. And that's it I guess, I'm not really left with much else to say about it so uh...solid 6/10.

Oh, and Holt was definitely one of the sexiest characters of the Spring anime season. I'd have liked more fanservice, but oh well.
Jun 30, 2022 12:49 PM
Dec 2021
Great anime, I enjoyed this a lot.
Jun 30, 2022 1:09 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows the little theater set up by Loux's students and everything was going perfectly fine except for the possessed lowly beasts that went through the traps if they were the affected and the culprit for that attack is revealed
Jun 30, 2022 1:24 PM
May 2022
loli sensei carried the show
Jun 30, 2022 2:01 PM
Sep 2013
Final shit for a shit anime, let's comment.
First they tried to make a war plot in 2 eps, which didn't make any sense, there was no basis for having a war, at least in the anime it wasn't clear, this ending wasn't structured to happen that way, it was simply something played to try end in a "fuck" way.
Seriously dude, what a shit plot, making a war so that no one gets killed and everything is weightless, I didn't feel emotion at any moment in this ep.

weak main characters, lacking charisma, totally expendable.
Dumb story, it only served to try to give continuity to the story or get money from the franchise.
Fuck war arc, no one died this time not even an extra lol, fully played, no impact.
The character design is ok but if it wasn't even that....
A lot of the narrative decisions compared to the main story were shit decisions.
Old man, in the moral that it doesn't even have a second season, it's something I wouldn't recommend and would pass away from a continuation, the story of this spin off is not even necessary.
Jun 30, 2022 2:24 PM

Oct 2014
They were going for some sort of epic finale but just like the rest of the anime, it was so weak.

Didnt care for the characters, didnt care for what they were doing.
Just a bland fantasy anime.
Jun 30, 2022 2:38 PM

Feb 2019
The word underrated gets thrown around a LOT in the anime community, but this show was underrated in the truest sense and I will definitely miss it. May not have had the best story and any social commentary or whatever pseudo intellectual mfs look for in anime these days, but it was fun.

Some really entertaining moments, characters that I liked, fanservice and some nice character designs. I 100 percent will be checking out the LN when it drops this summer as well as the prequel anime.
Jun 30, 2022 3:03 PM
Jul 2021
Waaaaay too much slideshow for a finale. I understand budget constraints and all, but for an epic final battle to be barely animated is just inexcusable, especially considering the decently animated fight scenes in prior episodes. I still enjoyed this anime despite it's problems but this was just a poor execution of a season's capstone.
Jun 30, 2022 4:24 PM
Dec 2013
Wait this is a spin off...that explains allot
Jun 30, 2022 5:37 PM

May 2015
Man this really went downhill fast
Jun 30, 2022 7:03 PM

Jun 2017
I think it was good enough, not the best this season obviously but definitely among the better series that aired.

It's probably a weird thing to like but it was a breath of fresh air that it wasn't shy on gore. Too many series gets nerfed on that front nowadays. lol

_Ishinashi99 said:

This, too bad the ship didn't sail.
Jun 30, 2022 7:19 PM

May 2012
I think this show is underrated. The character development was actually really good.
Jun 30, 2022 9:33 PM
Sep 2017
It a was an underrated anime, i really enjoyed it. Hope we get another season.

Jun 30, 2022 9:34 PM
Sep 2017
_Ishinashi99 said:
100% agree love Lox so much.

I like the MC aswell, i think his actually decent for me, i do enjoy how forward he is.

Jun 30, 2022 10:36 PM

Jun 2021
Oh man…I’m gonna miss seeing that sexy tiger every week. Maybe I should go back and watch Grimoire of Zero.
Jun 30, 2022 11:28 PM
Jan 2017
its okay to be naive and make all ur idealism come true, note u must have power to do that,,
thought this episode its prove that,,
stop 10.000 soldiers without killing them and make them as joke that will be remembered in history,,
all ending good, the student graduation and get a job together,, and wow Zero sensei look very similar to USS enterprise to be honest,,
Hope Saybil can meet loli sensei again and his love can be received,,,

happy good time when watch this anime
6/10
Jul 1, 2022 8:07 AM

Oct 2015
Action packed finale, totally redeemed itself a little. Was a bit disappointed to how the anti-witch faction got defeated, particularly the villain.

Zero is too awesome to be here.

Basically, I didn't enjoy it. The plot was a yawn-fest, the pace made it hard to engage with the characters, as it was a headless chicken. My mind has tossed it in an "Insignificant anime" box.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 1, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
all in all.. a fairly good anime tbh.. a very weak start but later on I got invested in the characters and the plot and also cuz Zero finally had actual good screentime.. sadly the Mercenary never got any good screentime so that's sed.

Agree with the rest^ the Loli sensei really was the best thing about this show
Jul 1, 2022 10:45 AM

Aug 2018
Decent enough finale. This series should be a cautionary tale of having an MC that’s indistinguishable from a turnip.
Jul 1, 2022 1:17 PM

Mar 2014
What a disappointing ending with that bullshit war/fight whatever they wanna called it, still I'm glad to see Zero... she is fine as hell
Jul 1, 2022 1:54 PM
Mar 2021
I love the storyline isn't generic and the MC has unique attitude
I'll be waiting for season 2
Jul 1, 2022 7:38 PM

Jan 2021
It took them 12 episodes to actually get the main character to do something decent in a fight. I rated this a 6/10 because the last few episodes have been decent, but I'll probably move this down to a 4 or 5, with all but one point going to the loli sensei. Needed more loli sensei to make this finale worthwhile.

Jul 2, 2022 12:18 AM

Apr 2015
Example of series with very rich settings, but poor execution.

Zero and Merc carried this anime.
Jul 2, 2022 1:31 PM

Dec 2007
animefan8800 said:
And so the village is successfully defended(with zero casualties no less,)

nomad8 said:
no one gets killed and everything is weightless

I dont understand the zero casualties thing, do the beastfallen not count cause racism or cause they were mercenaries. Even if you dont count the last big boi one that got ate by zombies, priest dudes weapon was shown to stop the regeneration so all those first ones he diced to pieces would be dead dead. But again they aint humans so no one died? 🤷‍♂️ this show was not good.
Jul 2, 2022 2:50 PM

Sep 2012
evilchris said:
animefan8800 said:
And so the village is successfully defended(with zero casualties no less,)

nomad8 said:
no one gets killed and everything is weightless

I dont understand the zero casualties thing, do the beastfallen not count cause racism or cause they were mercenaries. Even if you dont count the last big boi one that got ate by zombies, priest dudes weapon was shown to stop the regeneration so all those first ones he diced to pieces would be dead dead. But again they aint humans so no one died? 🤷‍♂️ this show was not good.

only casualties were demon possessed, the ones that had self heal power, there were no casualties among beastfallen and humans

u talk about 2types of enemies but there were 3 types and 3th type were basically demons as i got it they were beastfallen who were possessed by demons, so meaning the person inside was gone and replaced with demon so ofc they don't count as casualties

Jul 2, 2022 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
Sugram22 said:
evilchris said:

only casualties were demon possessed, the ones that had self heal power, there were no casualties among beastfallen and humans

u talk about 2types of enemies but there were 3 types and 3th type were basically demons as i got it they were beastfallen who were possessed by demons, so meaning the person inside was gone and replaced with demon so ofc they don't count as casualties

Ill take your word on that, because this show was not good enough to warrant going back to check. Thanks for clarifying though, i cant be the only idiot to be mistaken.
Jul 2, 2022 7:44 PM
Jul 2008
I like the prequel more than this. No explanation between the prequel and one, really a strange sequel.

Zero is now somewhat really weak makes the show less entertaining for me.
Jul 2, 2022 11:27 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode! that forbidden spell of Zero was terrifyingly powerful!
and of course Los sensei illusion was nice!
5/5.
7/10.

Jul 3, 2022 3:35 AM

Oct 2014
Pace was too fast to leave an impression but still, its fine seeing more from this series.
Jul 3, 2022 4:49 AM

Nov 2019
Glad I decided to watch this despite the lackluster fan reaction.

If you look at it as an action series then yeah, you're going to be disappointed by the low-tier/sparse animation. Alternatively, if you're here for the characters and their interactions with one another the series ends up quite entertaining.
Jul 3, 2022 6:51 AM
Jan 2020
Man, the MC is such an NPC. It kind of had potential here and there..
Jul 3, 2022 9:49 AM

May 2017
Witcher music, 16:9 screen play at moments, good animation and a good end. 10/10
Meh...
Jul 3, 2022 11:55 AM
Mar 2021
finally real action, seeing Zero and Mercenary just dnjoying the fight is great, they should have just done a grimoire of zero season 2 instead
Jul 3, 2022 5:35 PM
Sep 2021
Should I say it was bad just because it wasn't exactly like season 2 of Grimoire of Zero? Of course not, this show kept me entertained the whole time, it was a good continuation with new characters that in the end I got used to them. They also put on a good opening/closing song and the fights were very well done. And to finish, they left us waiting for the Lost Library, well, in about 4 or 5 years we will see more of this, I will miss it
Jul 5, 2022 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
evilchris said:
Sugram22 said:

Ill take your word on that, because this show was not good enough to warrant going back to check. Thanks for clarifying though, i cant be the only idiot to be mistaken.

EP12 near beginning MC even asks are demon-possessed strong, where i watched it was within first 3min that it was mentioned, somewhere before 3min
Sugram22Jul 5, 2022 9:02 AM
Jul 6, 2022 6:08 AM
Mar 2012
General plot - prolong field trip been fairly basic, but to use war as a spectacle for all 7 churches, final exam for the students, and to root out extremist bishop was a swell plan. Minotaur & Zero's zombie magic way cool.
Weak start growing to a good end.
Rather budget animation balanced with nice designs, pleasant village scenery, some strong characters & unusual development.
Jul 15, 2022 10:59 AM
Oct 2019
an unremarkable series. thought it had potential early on but it never seemed to live up to it. the mc is also dull and monotone, like he's sleepwalking and not actually awake and alive (maybe it's just an english va thing, idk)

technically i didn't even watch this to the end. so i guess i "dropped" it (i'm going to count it as "complete" since i doubt the final few minutes really matter that much). the battle was lame imo

downgrading this from a 6/10 to a 5/10
Jul 16, 2022 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
Cutting off and restoring the hands and legs is quite the scare tactics in a graduation exam.

I enjoyed the Grimoire of Zero more but while not the best this spin-off was still decent.

On a late sidenote, I realised with Sayb asking if saying 'Aunt Zero' is okay that he actually kissed his own bloodrelated aunt when healing the Mercenary some eps ago....

Jul 21, 2022 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
For a spinoff, i could say that it was pretty interesting. It saddens me tho that we don't know anything about Sayb's past.
Would be interesting to see a 2S, just to see Los sensei, she made like half of the anime xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 3, 2022 1:41 PM

Sep 2012
Re-Watched Dub and noticed

at the end Roux was on the roof of the carriage Sable was in, it was shown after Sable said i miss her already

Aug 4, 2022 2:15 PM

Oct 2008
An all around mediocre show. Couldn't quite figure out what it was about it that I didn't like. Apart from Roux everything just seemed bland.
Sep 1, 2022 7:43 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, I don´t know.. I had good amount of enjoyment watching this show xD

7.5/10 would be an ideal score, since I think I enjoyed slighly more than those I rate 7 yet 8 might be too much.

*sigh* How I wish there was the possibility to give 6.5... 7.5... scores here on MAL as there is on MyDramaList.

I gonna take enjoyment as priority here and rate 8 instead of 7.
I mean, I think it was a very good show to what it wanted to be, compared to similar animes carrying the same concept and essence.

--

PS: Not gonna lie, every time the shota would say "Sayb-nii-chan" I would roll up my eyes.. it was kinda of cringy and annoying haha
TechOtakuSep 1, 2022 7:52 PM
Sep 4, 2022 6:33 AM
May 2022
Loux the best chan in the series
Sep 7, 2022 1:37 PM
Jul 2020
Sep 11, 2022 7:42 PM
Sep 12, 2022 4:23 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This anime really pulled me in multiple directions. There were things about it I liked while there were a lot of things that just straight up made me uncomfortable-- and I think they were supposed to because every time it was about Sayb and the characters dealing with whatever thing he was doing or saying also seemed to be uncomfortable. So I was glad it wasn't only me being weirded out, but by having most of the characters react the same way, it helped validate that discomfort. However, knowing that it's supposed to make you uncomfortable doesn't make it any less uncomfortable to watch.
Meanwhile, there were little scenes here and there that I appreciated. I liked Holt and the Mercenary a lot! Yet at the same time, some things just felt... bland about the show in general. Like the show was trying to slap me while trying to look cool and put together, but it kinda just missed every time. It's not awful, but I can't quite recommend.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 24, 2022 12:40 PM
Aug 2016
great conclusion
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What do you think about Mahoutsukai Reimeiki characters?

Shizuna - Apr 11

0 by Shizuna »»
Apr 11, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

29 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 4, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

16 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 4, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

39 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 3, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

39 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 3, 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.