Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, putting the championship match into the finale made sense but for just one episode...

I think this episode had its share of excitement though, especially for Eve. She played not just to win but for the love of the game. Episode is fine although I felt like two or more episodes might of worked better.

Had fun watching this anime overall and glad to see another season announce for next year.
Jun 28, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
The All-Japan Girls High School Golf Doubles Championship gets into high gear for Aoi's sponsorship company Athena, and Eve's provocative behaviour that makes a mark. Also, the kiss that's a greeting in Nafrece rather than in Japan, that's a culture shock for Eve and Yuri moment for Aoi there for a tease. Yuri FTW I'm not complaining xD, Aoi and Eve not sharing a room is sad. Also, too bad Jinguuji, you don't get a room with your favourite crush Coach Amuro.

Let the championship begin, and the various duos performing at their usual stance, plus their "special" abilities already shown beforehand. With Eve on the ground, she's the splitting image of her former trainer Leo Millafoden, the 2nd coming after his disappearance, continuing his legacy. The way that they play golf also takes into account, in seriousness but also with fun elements sprinkled in. But for the other schools, they're taking this seriously and edging closer towards the top.

There's some serious people to beat: the imitation prodigy of Aoi's father's golf through Nada's Mizuho Himekawa, Shizuoka a.k.a Koran's Kaoruko Iijima, and both Eve and Aoi get serious as well to prove their superiority, these 3 teams are the ones to beat in the current stage.

Coach Reiya Amuro has a death flag awaiting him because of his health, and what's with the Amawashi family being affective in all of this, we'll know when Season 2 pops up. Also, the kiss reward for a tease from Eve, pursue it Aoi!

It's clear that this is a set-up season where there's still more story left to go, so there's obviously a Season 2 coming up in Winter 2023.

https://twitter.com/birdiewing_golf/status/1541805631346053120?cxt=HHwWgMCgkbGDzOUqAAAA
KANLen09Jun 29, 2022 7:11 AM
Jun 28, 2022 4:15 PM
Jul 2019
where is out 13 episode?😂😂 i have to wait 5hours!!
Jun 28, 2022 8:33 PM

Feb 2019
Oh my God this was the perfect way to end season 1 lol. I’m so glad they didn’t rush thru anything and are just going to take their time going into season 2.

Eve teasing Aoi all episode was so funny, Aoi really is easy to please lol. That kiss on the cheek was a top 2 birdie wing moment for sure. Eve just knows exactly what button to push and when. Perfect amount of Yuri bait today.

Poor Jinguuji, maybe one day coach will let you sleep with him

Stage is all set for season 2 to pick up where we left off in the winter. Excited to see how the tournament ends but also to catch up more with the girls back in Nafrece! I’ll miss Birdie Wing.
Jun 28, 2022 8:52 PM
Mar 2021
For me, this show is extremely so good and fun. Most surprising show and anime of the season or maybe year for me.

I love how Eve teases Aoi few times. Also Leo is legendary dude in the world, then Kazuhiko (Aoi's dad). The match is pretty intense, Kaede is taunting while MVP today is Mizuho (Sasuga Rika-chama's seiyuu).

wait 10/10 isn't enough.

1000/10 for me.
Jun 28, 2022 9:11 PM

Sep 2021
And so we wait 6 months to see the continuation...was kinda hoping this would be a continuous 2-cour show...ah well, at least there wasn't any delays or recaps in this show.

Seems like the coach might be dying? And the mafia are gonna return in Season 2 as well, along with the reveal of everyone's backstory. Excited to see what comes in Season 2.
Jun 28, 2022 9:23 PM

Dec 2016
The Yurification was strong in this episode, and I loved every bit of it.

Seggs in season 2 please, Eve is quite rough in bed though, could be very interesting.

I do feel sorry for Ichina getting kicked in the face every night.

I will kiss you every time you make a mistake, excellent motivation by Eve there haha, can't wait to see what happens, lots of kisses and burgers I hope.

Now to wait six months for the rest of this tournament and season 2, and the Nintendo Switch game which Htc Viverse said would be later this year.
LukesYGO_WSonYTJun 28, 2022 11:23 PM
Jun 28, 2022 9:34 PM

Nov 2010
  • The final episode was no different from the others, and 2nd season's preview was added at the end.
  • It must have been superb if the background art were made by the sub-studio that made the one of Kunoichi Tsubaki.

kuroneko99Jun 28, 2022 9:53 PM
Jun 28, 2022 10:26 PM

Sep 2018
I just know that they're going to do nothing with this yuri tease, like most bait anime. 8/10 overall, quite a fun and surprising anime overall.
Jun 28, 2022 10:29 PM

Jun 2021
I’ll call it: it’s a Pride Month Miracle. They doubled down on the gay. The ship is full steam ahead! Full on precious cheek kiss. More kisses are promised. Aoi confesses that Eve is the only one she likes. Even more Bicker Flirting. Goddamn if not for Love Dom they’d be couple of the season.

Oh yeah Golf. The tournament started, but it cut off in an odd place. Amuro is dying? Aoi’s mom is up to something? The hell? If this was 13 episodes I would be annoyed if it left it there. Good thing there’s A WHOLE SECOND COUR BABY! LESBIAN JOJO GOLF WILL RETURN! People have 6 months to convert to Birdie-ism and see the light of this incredible Golf and Gunpla ad mixed with the worlds cutest love story.
Jun 29, 2022 12:59 AM

Oct 2017
Nice episode to end the season. Eve and Aoi interactions were sweet, that kiss too. Aoi's really easy when it comes to Eve. Coach Amuro seems to have health problem, hope it's not life threatening.

Loved this anime, had a great time watching it. Glad we got a new season announcement. Looking forward to it.
Jun 29, 2022 2:24 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Starting this final episode, I was wondering: will I give anime a 6/10, or 7/10? I really can't decide how I feel...

*kiss*

Yeah okay easy 7/10, what was I thinking.

Easy 8/10 if they had shared the room though

I'm certainly excited for more. I was worried all this time that this wasn't to be continued, that the story wouldn't be finished. Thankfully I was able to breathe a sigh of relief when it was revealed that they were by no means done yet; we'll just have to wait a little while.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 29, 2022 2:45 AM

Apr 2014
Eve kissed Aoi's cheek, Eve is the only one that Aoi loves, and a lot more flirting over the episode. I really wish they had shared the room.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 29, 2022 3:43 AM
Jan 2020
Now we shall wait for half a year for the best sports anime ever
Jun 29, 2022 5:09 AM

Oct 2016
Noooooooo, no more Birdie Birdie Tuesdays until January, pain. This show is definitely the biggest surprise of the season, maybe even the year so far for me. Like, I fucking love this show man, and I am so glad there's more. Now the next step is to hope that there's even more after the second season lmao. I mean Aoi's mom did mention all those other tournaments, so here's hoping

Damn Caddies, I wanna know what happens if Aoi and Eve sleeps in the same room together. Aye, but at least we got them cheeks kissing.

All the plot setups this episode though, plus they really ended the season in the middle of a tournament lmao. Really can't wait for season 2. 9/10
Jun 29, 2022 7:36 AM

Jun 2008
High school arc has been cute and fun and gay but I can't wait for the mafia to be back in season 2. Also need more of Golf Amuro and Char. And I need Eve to admit that she loves Aoi too.
Jun 29, 2022 9:18 AM

Feb 2019
This is why we don't watch sports shows. Hell, they barely even golf, even in montage form. Plenty of time for the peanut gallery to comment on how they had golfed, not so much time to actually do it. But they made sure to slap a random kiss in out of nowhere to keep a certain vein of fans happy, complete with the peanut gallery screaming "Z O M G! THAT WAS SO YURI!" Subtlety, they name is not the Japanese anime industry.

And so we (don't really) complete our story, beginning with hustling professional golfers, then going to cyber fighting golf fights with the yakuza, then we learn the basics of golf, before almost starting a tournament. You guys sure you didn't get the storyboards mixed up and then maybe lose half of them? Anything interesting about the first few episodes had been completely jettisoned by the end, and I have no idea why the Japanese girl even existed at all. Even the Goth girl had more of an arc and purpose than she did. You could've replaced this main character with a treasured club from your abusive adoptive father and barely affected any episodes.
Jun 29, 2022 9:42 AM
Apr 2021
This def felt like it wasn’t going to be ending in 13 eps, seeing how her new story arc in japan just barely started. Glad there is more to come.
Jun 29, 2022 9:58 AM
Sep 2015
The lesbian tease is very strong in this episode, so when two male coaches talk to each other in the same room, I kinda expect a same treatment, too bad there's no BL fanservice for me.
Jun 29, 2022 10:15 AM

Apr 2021
RayReynolds said:
This is why we don't watch sports shows. Hell, they barely even golf, even in montage form. Plenty of time for the peanut gallery to comment on how they had golfed, not so much time to actually do it. But they made sure to slap a random kiss in out of nowhere to keep a certain vein of fans happy, complete with the peanut gallery screaming "Z O M G! THAT WAS SO YURI!" Subtlety, they name is not the Japanese anime industry.

And so we (don't really) complete our story, beginning with hustling professional golfers, then going to cyber fighting golf fights with the yakuza, then we learn the basics of golf, before almost starting a tournament. You guys sure you didn't get the storyboards mixed up and then maybe lose half of them? Anything interesting about the first few episodes had been completely jettisoned by the end, and I have no idea why the Japanese girl even existed at all. Even the Goth girl had more of an arc and purpose than she did. You could've replaced this main character with a treasured club from your abusive adoptive father and barely affected any episodes.

You say but still bothered to watch the series to the end. I'm annoyed by people like you who keep watching a show just to hate on it and talk about how it is being done to "please a certain audience."
Jun 29, 2022 10:16 AM

Apr 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Oh my God this was the perfect way to end season 1 lol. I’m so glad they didn’t rush thru anything and are just going to take their time going into season 2.

Eve teasing Aoi all episode was so funny, Aoi really is easy to please lol. That kiss on the cheek was a top 2 birdie wing moment for sure. Eve just knows exactly what button to push and when. Perfect amount of Yuri bait today.

Poor Jinguuji, maybe one day coach will let you sleep with him

Stage is all set for season 2 to pick up where we left off in the winter. Excited to see how the tournament ends but also to catch up more with the girls back in Nafrece! I’ll miss Birdie Wing.

At this point, I wouldn't even call it "bait" - the fact that Aoi is genuinely excited at the idea of getting kissed by Eve again already says it all.
Jun 29, 2022 11:01 AM

Feb 2019
It was weird how they preview a next episode as if season 2 is just cours 2 starting next week. But if any show is trolling the audience, it is this one.

I don't even like golf, and the last episode actually ended up being the only one that was heavy on golf and golf terminology. I see this show as basically to golf what Food Wars is to cooking. The subject matter is just there as some sort of background for the over the top characters.
Jun 29, 2022 11:17 AM

Jan 2021
Another good episode, although felt like they rushed quite a few things in final episode to get us excited for another season. The Yuri is strong in this episode, Aoi is mega gay for Eve and Eve wants burgers. Animation was less strong in this episode lots of people off model. Thought they'd do better for their first episode.

Do not like the captain being so openly in love with the coach. The age difference, the skewed power dynamics, ew no no no, none of that; thank you.

Was going to give this show an 8/10 because I look forward to this show every Wednesday. But lets be real it can get messy in some areas story wise and animation wise. Plus that teacher-student relationship just no. Its a 7/10
Jun 29, 2022 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
The nonchalant ending of the episode and preview make it seem like episode 14 will come next week, lol.

Surprise over-the-top sports anime of the season with some yuri bait on top. Sweet 7,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 29, 2022 4:50 PM

Oct 2015
Eve and Aoi's friendship suddenly became a little weird, with Aoi getting excited to get an Eve's kiss out of the blue. The series decided to fanservice at its last moments was kinda bizarre and serve little purpose imo. Rivalry between the two drove the story so well and kept it so much interesting than the yuri trope, however I still enjoyed how much Eve and Aoi became casual while playing such an intense tournament. Let's not forget Jinguji acting like a love sick slut, I'm telling you this was a bizarre episode. I'm not even gonna mention the abrupt end.

In all generalisation, I enjoyed the first part of the anime with the mafia. The second part was subpar, with all considered I thought this part was going to be way lit and ended up disappointing.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 29, 2022 5:36 PM

Jul 2016
Its a good stopping point of the anime. The competition is getting started with some stronger rivals and some plot points. The whole show is good and enjoyable, the power golf is a nice. Overall good anime

Jun 29, 2022 5:59 PM
Nov 2019
i am the only one who fee that the scond arc was the yuri spin-off of the first more "shonen" arc??
Jun 29, 2022 6:40 PM

Oct 2009
It's so cute seeing Aoi getting flustered and teased by Eve.

And right on!!! season 2 here we go!!
Jun 29, 2022 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
I'm having a great time with this show but sometimes I feel like the baiting is a little too good to be true ... the season 2 preview almost makes me worried that there's gonna be a reveal that Eve and Aoi are related or something. not that that will stop me
Jun 29, 2022 7:22 PM
Jan 2017
The kissing is get big impact for amawashi..

final episode look like getting not easey for them to win the competition when they meet the strong enemy and look like they doing some miss cause the diffrerent of their golf style,,
hope eve enable to doing some team work with amawashi better than other do,,
pretty interesting but im not gonna watch it anymore
4/10
Jun 29, 2022 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
So this project was planned to be a split-cour since the very beginning, huh? But why six whole months of wait tho? As if people would remember any of this when January comes...

Oh yeah, and it seems coach Amuro is dying because of course. I can already picture him having a heart attack or a stroke in the middle of Aoi and Eve's biggest match.

But seriously tho, this was such a bad show. Notoriously more focused on badass females and yuri-bait than on story or execution. The whole mafia arc felt like a convoluted 8-episode long excuse to have Eve leaving fictional USA in order to reunite with Aoi, the characters are all forgettable and Eve went from being an unrealistic 15yo badass to an arrogant confrontational brat who can overcome any kind of difficulty by just hitting a ball at full force. It's all so ridiculous it's not even funny, but forced and kinda embarrassing for moments.

3/10 - Honestly, this was such a pain to watch. Most likely won't be here for the second cour unless I feel masochist enough.
Jun 30, 2022 8:17 AM
Mar 2015
Our gril is such a tease with her kisses
Jun 30, 2022 9:02 AM

Jun 2015
This anime especially captivated me after episode 8. I wasn't expecting Yuri elements, and well...I love Yuri. Eve and Aoi's relationship is so cute, and golf is interesting too.
Looking forward to the next season.
“The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.” -Cowboy Bebop
Jun 30, 2022 9:40 AM

Jan 2018
This was some good shit. I'm not joking, this is in my top 3 among 10 seasonals I watched. This anime left me with a kiss, like Eve's kiss on Aoi's cheek. Hoping for more mafia golfing in s2, that shit was so hype. But the second half of the season is good too, so I'm not complaining. 9/10
Jun 30, 2022 12:05 PM

Aug 2016
The first half of the first half of the season was better than the second half of the first half of the season. I love the first part because it was so ridiculous. The second part was fine.

Looking forward to the second half (season 2/part 2 whatever). I'm ready for Eve and Aoi to lose. Them wining all the time, is starting to get boring without vampires, mafia, and transforming golf courses.
Jul 1, 2022 8:36 AM
Mar 2021
9/10 for me...
7,5-8/10 in general and one bonus point for opening and ending (they are very lovely).

This episode is a good conclusion of this beautiful series. We'll see a lot of things in the s2, in my honest opinion...
Catherine on fire!

I love Aoi.
Jul 1, 2022 12:12 PM

May 2021
Eve is a big threat to the ladies of the world, what with those dangerous lady-killing skills of hers.

Jul 2, 2022 8:58 AM

Feb 2014
Hm, mixed feelings. It had its ups and downs.

The shift from MAFIA thing to slice of life school time was interesting since it has to do with EVE´s new life and she overcoming the situation she was in, yet something is feeling off. I mean, as if the 1st half were a totally different anime from the 2nd.. maybe it all happened too quickly?

Sincerely, I did not like much Eve´s personality. I understand the circunstances she was in (MAFIA life and etc) and so she got to be strong? But still she kept the brat/arrogant personality even in the 2nd half. Actually, it felt like it got worse in the 2nd half that personality of hers.

Some times boring, some times somewhat exciting.
Some times interaction between Eve and Aoi was kinda cringe/cheesy specially in the first half >.<
Aoi is cute but now she´s just a target for Eve´s teasing instead of piercing her 'opponents' with her innocent yet devilish smiles xD

6/10
Would give 6.5/10 if possible.
Still, looking forward season 2.
TechOtakuJul 2, 2022 9:27 AM
Jul 2, 2022 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Well the season just stopped wherever didn't it?

When Birdie Wing stepped away from that golf mafia idiocy in the first half and concentrated on Aoi and Eve playing golf the show went from bad to simply okay. A definite improvement though hardly anything to really celebrate. I'd call the first half a 4/10 at best and after Eve and Aoi team up it moves up to a 6/10. I guess can average my score out to a 5 then.

I may pick up season 2 if there isn't too much else to watch, I can hope that the golf mafia won't return but given there are still unanswered questions about Eve's past I have to assume that storyline has to return somehow. With her history in underground games being exposed or someone simply blackmailing Eve to do something. Either way it won't stay lighthearted slice of life. Just hope it doesn't get too stupidly melodramatic like the first half of this season was.

Wonder if that white haired woman from the golf mafia is actually dead or if it was a fakeout. Wouldn't be surprised either way.
Jul 2, 2022 3:13 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
If you still think this show is just yuri-baiting then I think that kiss is more than enough proof that it isn't. Eve knew exactly what she was doing and based on Aoi's reaction as well as Saotome's, I think Aoi is 100% gay for Eve.

Goddammit Shinjou! I was hoping Eve and Aoi would stay in the same room but it looks like Shinjou has realized how dangerous it would be (for Aoi's chastity) if she left Aoi with Eve. Also, Jinguji isn't even hiding her thirst. Too bad for her Coach Amuro insists that men and women sleep in different rooms. xD

Apparently, Aoi wasn't the only one who had something inside of her awaken today! Looks like even Saotome got a little bit excited when Eve came into her bed. Turns out that Eve is just a sleepwalker and terrible to sleep next to.

Eve's "Baka, baka, baka!" was just too adorable! And the two of them arguing and completely messing up their shots were hilarious! They're pretty much kicking ass in these earlier rounds since they're against schools that don't even matter so little mistakes like this are fine. They can't afford these kinds of mistakes once they're against Mizuho though.

Well this is interesting. Seems that Coach Amuro is running out of time and it has something to do with his health? Whatever his condition is it looks like Aoi's mother knows about it. I am curious what kind of arrangement they have though and what is she doing that's ruining people's lives?
I love a sexy female sadist who ruins people

Jul 2, 2022 3:16 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I'm not liking how this post-mafia stuff has been, compared to the mafia arc, even the art direction gotten worse. I like the more underhanded strategic golf where cheats made it interesting. The opponents just being stronger is kinda... Eh, ya know seen it all before ?

Btw I'm confused, is episode 14 next week or in winter? The preview made it look like next week.

Jul 2, 2022 10:47 PM

Oct 2008
HAHA Aoi is beyond gaga for Eve!
S2 when???
5/5.
7/10.

Jul 4, 2022 2:24 PM

Mar 2019
i loved the show in all honesty i hate this sport and i usually find it very boring to watch but this show has heart and a good plot and events and good characters development also i liked these light yuri-ish moments in it they go so well with such setup
i'm waiting for season 2 this was a solid 7/10
Jul 5, 2022 2:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
First part with the mafia had some good moments but overall kinda meh but the 2nd part with Eve joining Aoi at her school really carried to whole anime, now that the championship began it's all hype to know what will happen especially with how they're teasing the other opponents, can't wait for S2
Jul 9, 2022 12:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah the episode ended up in a very abrupt part where the preview looks like its coming up next week. But, its a prank, bro! Its actually coming next year!

Lol wtf happens with this supposed-to-be a simple golf girls story, but end up with roller-coaster direction as a twist on the right and left side.

Very well. In the name of lily flower blooming that bait most of them hard, and Eve new teaser mode around Aoi that i can't help but ridiculously entertaining. I can't put this on the bottom of the barrel, yet. Still i honestly also hard to put this way above 8 because of the direction that seems rather hard to believe, especially to put on such a cliffhanger like that, in a very unusual way.

So, yeah, its a 7.

6.75 for the exact score, from me...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 12, 2022 4:40 PM
Jul 2008
Wow I'm surprised with the anime. I thought it would be another slice of life like Sorairo Utility, turned out to be a competition themed anime.

I thought this was another "read the source material" anime, turned out it's an original anime?

The dark theme made the anime more interesting but got much lighter after because there's no more stake for Eve.

Will this turn to another happy sports anime or will the author brings more stakes for eve in next part of the season? What's with Amuro's sickness? Why his friend detested the Amawashi for that?
Jul 22, 2022 4:12 AM

Jun 2012
A very silly show, but really not any more silly than most other sports anime or even something like Black Lagoon. I think it's pretty good for what it is. The last ep did have some strange moments, like the Coach suddenly having...Golf Cancer? And then the super casual preview that implied the next ep was a week away instead of 6 months away lol. But is was a fairly engaging watch and I'll definitely be back for S2.
Jul 23, 2022 12:05 AM

Feb 2021
Wait for what?! I thought that they are gonna finish it in the last episode of this season. Can't wait to see the next season!!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 2, 2022 10:23 PM

Nov 2017
Mooooooaaaaaaaar. Moar, moar, moar.

S2 where R U?

I need more yuri girls' golf.
Sep 11, 2022 5:18 PM
Apr 2021
gay people are pretty cool
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

53 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 10, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

34 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 8, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2022

42 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 6, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2022

56 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 3, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2022

56 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.