Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Eve and Aoi still have that energy of competitiveness. They never cease to aim for higher even as a team and against the best of the best in this tournament.

Seems like they're going for a part-2 finale as a way to conclude the show together. A lot of tense moments in this episode with the competition. Eve has come so far along with Aoi that they both deserve respect for their hard work imo.
Jun 21, 2022 2:48 PM
Jul 2020
Stark700 said:
Eve and Aoi still have that energy of competitiveness. They never cease to aim for higher even as a team and against the best of the best in this tournament.

Seems like they're going for a part-2 finale as a way to conclude the show together. A lot of tense moments in this episode with the competition. Eve has come so far along with Aoi that they both deserve respect for their hard work imo.

kinda off topic but where are you watching this, usually CR is on timing but I really am still waiting on it to be released?
Jun 21, 2022 8:04 PM
Dec 2021
I wonder how many eps birdie wing will have. I hope it lasts around 24 eps or more, I love the show.
Jun 21, 2022 8:36 PM

Feb 2019
Penultimate birdie wing Tuesday, let’s gooo!

I think the doubles tournament is the perfect growth opportunity for both Aoi and Eve. Both are obviously extremely talented individual players, but their talent kinda makes it hard for either of them to play with others. Really excited for seeing how this plays out.

All the passive aggressive comments between Aoi and Eve today had me dying. Don’t think we’ve seen Aoi get this cheeky yet.

Also, nice to see the girls from back home. After everything we went through in the first 7-8 eps it still seems weird to see Eve without them!

Sad for the finale next week but hope it’s a good one!
Jun 21, 2022 8:36 PM

Feb 2019
IronHead1987 said:
I wonder how many eps birdie wing will have. I hope it lasts around 24 eps or more, I love the show.

13 eps confirmed last month sadly
Jun 21, 2022 8:46 PM

Dec 2015
Marinate1016 said:
IronHead1987 said:

So sad, just saw the episode count got updated on mal :( 1 more episode just isn't enough, was hoping for 24 as well... I'm not ready for this anime to end next week already!
Jun 21, 2022 8:48 PM

Dec 2016
Another very enjoyable episode.

I love how Aoi and Eve still compete with each other while playing as partners.

I also like how Eve hasn't changed and has no problem calling out her competitors for a face to face direct challenge.

Next episode is going to be lit with all those strong opponents they will be up against.
Jun 21, 2022 8:49 PM

Feb 2019
Ckea said:
Marinate1016 said:

So sad, just saw the episode count got updated on mal :( 1 more episode just isn't enough, was hoping for 24 as well... I'm not ready for this anime to end next week already!

Facts. I was also hoping for a second cour. Hopefully we get some type of manga spin off
Jun 21, 2022 9:05 PM

Nov 2010
  • The first half of the episode was dedicated to an orthodox sports story and nothing new, but it was worth watching.
  • "Bigwigs don't know the realities."
    "I feel like I've heard that somewhere before."
    This is another Sunrise joke derived from Gundam. The line appeared when Char was provided a mobile suit under development;
    "It seems that machine doesn't have legs yet."
    "Such things are just a decoration. Bigwigs don't know the realities."
  • Through all the episode, Eve's bold behavior stood out. If you like such a defiant protagonist, try "Ryuu to Ichigo".

Jun 21, 2022 9:12 PM

Oct 2016
These fuckers won't rush through a whole tournament they built up for half the show in one episode, right?

Right? It didn't look like that in the preview, now I hope there's a proper second season, although I don't know if the show was any popular.
Jun 21, 2022 9:16 PM
Apr 2019
That would be messed up if they just force a quick ending next episode. Really hope there's more, seems like there could be so many more matches etc.
Jun 21, 2022 9:26 PM
Mar 2021
Damn that credit, don't tell me Eve will return back to Nafrece with a goodbye kiss until we get S2 or part 2 later.
Jun 21, 2022 10:42 PM
Nov 2019
i dont see how they could wrap up the whole story in 1 episode .. really hope that they announce a second season after this
Jun 21, 2022 10:42 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Typical shounen tournament: 1000000 episodes

Meanwhile birdie wing be like: Hmmm maybe we can do it all in one episode

That's probably not going to be the case, but I wonder if it has gained enough popularity to warrant a season 2 or part 2 or whatever

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 21, 2022 11:14 PM

Jun 2021
I loved how Aoi and Eve spent the whole qualifying round so focused on competing with each other and all of their opponents were basically just bystanders caught in the crossfire. The two of them bickering with each other while also being shamelessly gay for each other the whole time was hilarious too.

Eve calling out the bitchy rival Mizuho (who happens to be voiced by my favorite VA in all of anime, the angelic Yukari Tamura) in the post-credits scene was badass too. All in all, fantastic episode to start off the tournament arc.
Jun 21, 2022 11:55 PM

Apr 2014
Tablet vs paper notebook. lol

I really loved the chemistry between Aoi and Eve in this episode. Even though they are always fighting each other, they are a good pair.
This anime should get a second season.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 22, 2022 12:55 AM

Oct 2017
Eve and Aoi together are quite amusing to watch, Amane and Ichina too. I like how Eve challenged the best player, things will be real fun.
Jun 22, 2022 2:59 AM
Sep 2015
Love how this is completely normal sports anime despite someone getting killed just a few episodes ago. The same-sex fanservice is very high. And I love how they naturally show how girls can be so strong at golf. It's like they're created Eve, Aoi, etc. as male gender at first and then do a gender switch to all characters in the last minute, resulting in a naturally strong female, not artificially created like other female-lead anime.
Jun 22, 2022 3:01 AM

Aug 2011
Ckea said:

Got a rumor for season 2. Official tweet this as season 1. Wait next week i guess.

Jun 22, 2022 5:52 AM

May 2017
i love the rarely used troupe of the foreigner coming in and not having any of this japanese high school melodrama shit. fun episode.
Jun 22, 2022 6:31 AM

Jan 2021
Eve's intentional and unintentional disrespect is always so funny. She didn't even dress in her uniform for the official match, and her outfit is ugly af. Way too punk for Eve. Her caddie has got to start dressing Eve. Because that outfit looks like Eve's first time dressing herself.

However I loved her first outfit this episode reminded me of Rose actually, maybe that was intentional.

That episode preview at the end though. Aoi saying she wanted to share a room with Eve, me "thats a little gay Aoi." Then it shows Eve kissing Aoi on the cheek, me "thats very gay Eve." But knowing Birdie Wing and how crazy this show is maybe Eve has to go back to her country because her friends are in trouble again.

Jun 22, 2022 6:57 AM

Oct 2016
AAAAAAAAA I love this show so much. There's only one episode left, fucking pain. Well, for only this season I hope.

Aoi is so adorable, like what the fuck and Eve is so pretty. I am definitely not one of those other fodder players except without the hate.

Eve really just shooting people left and right, Aoi is safe though, she got a barrier. That was super adorable.

Ah yes, obligatory gunpla reference when Lily is on screen.

Aye yo, that preview, give Aoi the room Saotome, do it. Better get a season 2 announcement by the end of the last episode or we're gonna riot.
Jun 22, 2022 7:08 AM
Apr 2021
Just one more eps and is over, was hoping for a longer season. 😢
Jun 22, 2022 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
The Girls' Doubles Championship...and both Eve and Aoi are purely enjoying the moment while their caddies Saotome and Amane also debates the same.

The mean and offensive-but-inoffensive Eve with the well-known Aoi, the Raiou Girls' pair shocks everyone with their prettiness, cuteness and small talk that it pisses them off, what a funny resonation.

But no matter, let the Girls' Doubles Championship begin, and immediately Eve makes an impression by shooting people with her Rainbow Bullets, while Aoi complements her with cutesy impressions to win qualifers back-to-back with impressive scores, yet both golfers and caddies bicker like couples whom can reach a goal but cannot come to a consensus.

Lily with her obligatory Gunpla reference, ah I see haha, she really wants a MG model for value. Also, Aoi's ear blush when she's petted on the head by Eve, that's cute.

The Athena Golf Course where the All-Girls Doubles Championship will take place, everyone takes notice that Eve is issuing a challenge to Mizuho Himekawa, and she would take her Rainbow Bullets to the course.

Next week we'll know if this is one episode left or one more season incoming.
Jun 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Feb 2019
KANLen09 said:

Next week we'll know if this is one episode left or one more season incoming.
CrazyFrogz said:

Got a rumor for season 2. Official tweet this as season 1. Wait next week i guess.

If any show would troll its audience, this one could be it, but it certainly doesn't feel like this story is over in 1 more episode.

We don't even know why the scarface coach was coaching up young women to begin with. Lots of story threads left to close, and I can't imagine they are introducing new characters just to give them one episode, not in an original anime...if this was a multi-media project or some mobile game it might make sense, but not as an anime only project.
Jun 22, 2022 9:18 AM
Sep 2021
CaptainKenshiro said:
These fuckers won't rush through a whole tournament they built up for half the show in one episode, right?

Right? It didn't look like that in the preview, now I hope there's a proper second season, although I don't know if the show was any popular.

I hope they will announce a second cour too
Jun 22, 2022 9:20 AM
Sep 2021
CrazyFrogz said:
Ckea said:

I really expect that they will announce a second cour, usually when a anime has two cours, they call the first parte as "season 1"
Jun 22, 2022 10:23 AM

May 2021
Eve's bang was amazing. Just love her bold and deliquent nature.

Jun 22, 2022 11:47 AM

Jan 2018
Rival girls summerized Aoi x Eve dynamic very well:
Aoi's cute pretty vs Eve delinquent pretty.
Can't wait for the next episode
Final episode gonna be lit
Jun 22, 2022 2:47 PM

Aug 2018
I seriously hope, for the love of God, that they won't mess things with the last episode and announce another season ASAP. I doubt (more like I don't want to imagine) that they'll wrap up the tournament in a single episode, so next one should be a casual one without actual golfing. Especially with the teaser preview given

Loved that show so far, definitely wishing for another season already
Jun 22, 2022 7:03 PM
Mar 2015
Eve is really a killer
Jun 22, 2022 8:24 PM

May 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Ckea said:

Facts. I was also hoping for a second cour. Hopefully we get some type of manga spin off

https://twitter.com/birdiewing_golf/status/1539089531974352897
Birdie Wing Season 2 basically confirmed.
https://twitter.com/htc/status/1539488378231595008
VR exhibit and VR+Switch games confirmed.
Jun 22, 2022 8:29 PM

Feb 2019
GhostCow said:
Marinate1016 said:

https://twitter.com/birdiewing_golf/status/1539089531974352897
Birdie Wing Season 2 basically confirmed.
https://twitter.com/htc/status/1539488378231595008
VR exhibit and VR+Switch games confirmed.

No idea how I missed that tweet last night and today , I was sick af and must’ve fallen asleep before. LETS GOOO
Jun 22, 2022 9:44 PM

Feb 2019
Again, I have to wonder who among this show's fans was thinking that the big tournament that they spent the last goddamn month hyping up would have thought or be happy with them going "yada yada", and montaging through it like it really seems they're going to do after all this golf date crap. Seriously here. Eve and Aoi show up, be racist at the girls, who are similarly racist back to them, run into a muscle-woman golfer, Eve mocks her, and then 30 seconds later, we're celebrating their victory and on the bus to go be racist somewhere else. Did they seriously introduce this character just to have the protagonists taunt her?

We're not even golfing anymore, let alone yakuza golfing, let alone alone yakuza golfing for illegal land deals on an underground robot course against goths with seemingly magic powers. We're having golfed… somewhere… against… somebody… who we belittle and mock for daring to exist in our world, but we don't need to show you any of that, you wouldn't be interested. Instead, here's Eve complaining about Japanese people, and Japanese people complaining about foreigners for being too pretty and rude.
Jun 22, 2022 10:42 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Aoi's barrier was hilarious, also enjoyed the little high five between caddies.

Another fun episode, love seeing all of Aoi and Eve's interactions from the bickering to the blushing.

Should be a hype finale! Would be nice to see some old faces return.

Did the golfclub president just admit to her relationship with the pedo coach on the bus ride? The coach is such a groomer like Tiger Woods. No, he didn't see her talent as a golfer, he just wants her ass.
Hope Eve send that coach to packing to jail if this gets a 2nd cour

Jun 23, 2022 7:23 AM

Oct 2008
looks like Aoi is having the time of her life with her darling Eve! GUHEHEHE!!!
Eve is so aggro she even taunts the no1 first year Mizuho lolz!
5/5.

Jun 23, 2022 8:21 PM

Oct 2015
I like that Eve is just doing herself. When she shouted for mizuho in front of everyone, so EPIC.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 23, 2022 9:27 PM
May 2020
This anime is just a joy, every episode. I can't wait for the next episode, and whatever comes next.

And did someone say video game? Come on, Bandai Namco, make it happen!
Jun 23, 2022 10:40 PM
Mar 2021
AnjinM said:
And did someone say video game? Come on, Bandai Namco, make it happen!
Bandai made Metaverse Golf.
Jun 25, 2022 8:38 AM

Jul 2013
Inject me, with more Aoi X Eve plz
Jun 25, 2022 6:33 PM
Dec 2021
Birdie Wing is so fun to watch. The chemistry between Aoi and Eve is just so good, and I still can't believe Birdie Birdie is ending this Wednesday. At first I thought it'd go for 24 episodes. Still hoping for s2 tho
Jun 27, 2022 7:14 PM

Jul 2016
Does anyone remember when Aoi was considered a protagonist and was supposed to have her own character arc as well? Yeah, me neither.

Also don't wanna shit on Eve's fashion sense but that last outfit sure was ugly af.

Anyways, just one more episode and I'll finally be free from this cringefest.
Jun 28, 2022 12:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like how Eve and Aoi still have their own competition mindset together xD but now it's up to the real tense part, hopefully the tournament we'll be great
Jul 10, 2022 9:01 PM
Dec 2021
Welp, the good news is it'll be back on January 2023. Now we have assurance that Birdie Wing will return
Jul 22, 2022 11:58 PM

Feb 2021
Finally, the episode is almost ending. Can't wait to see the battle!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 21, 2022 4:51 PM

Jan 2016
The coach gave me low key pedo vibes earlier on, and this episode just nonchalantly made it not even low key lmfao
Sep 23, 2022 9:17 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
They're like, do Eve and Aoi go well together and I'm like... "what do you mean? Aren't they dating?"
Anyway, I'm glad that we'll be getting another season, because ahhh next episode being the last episode isn't enough. ;__;
I'm liking this high school arc for them. Also, I'm glad that Eve at least still has contact with the others back home. Klein looks so nice in the vest!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 8, 2022 7:44 PM

May 2019
Aoi is so adorable blushing when Eve touches her head. Really cool golf battles and rival school plotlines too.
Dec 12, 2022 1:14 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
easy match for this girls!!! kekeke
Arrive the moment of truth!!!
Apr 24, 2023 8:42 PM

Sep 2022
Really love this competition from between each schools. Hope both Eve and Aoi manage to win it all at the end of the tournament. But to be the best you got to beat the best.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2022

65 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 13, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

34 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 8, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2022

42 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 6, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2022

56 by Tsinelas »»
Jan 3, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2022

56 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.