Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
There's still a lot of focus on Kamiya, and to me, she's the most complex character in the show with her personality.

Kamiya's encounter with Shikimori on the rooftop was pretty intense but is probably one of the most memorable I've seen out of this series.

Cute to see Shikimori getting a gift from none other than Izumi. What a good guy.
Jun 4, 2022 10:48 AM

May 2020
And yes the inevitable love triangle, took eight episodes but yeah can finally tick even this troupe off, and now the all-spicy drama that could very well compete the standards of any soap opera out there.
Jun 4, 2022 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
Kinda feel bad for Kamiya but when I think about how dozen of boys and girls trying to approach Kamiya, only to be rejected, she breaks so many hearts.
Jun 4, 2022 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
Kamiya deserved better honestly. Deserves a mf like me. I know a lot of people loved this arc because of how they resolved kamiya with no hard feelings and didn’t drag things out.. but that’s the exact reason I don’t like it. I like drama, I like tension and I like messy trashy harem style rom coms.
Jun 4, 2022 11:28 AM

Feb 2022
so if Kamiya had courage in past to confess her love then might be this show name would be today
"Kawaii dake ja Nai Kamiyai-san" / "Kamiya's Not Just a Cutie".

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Jun 4, 2022 11:30 AM
Mar 2022
good news at these moment
Jun 4, 2022 11:41 AM

Dec 2018
I couldn't help but feel bad for Kamiya T.T
Jun 4, 2022 11:50 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I felt really bad for Kamiya when she cried but it was nice to see that Shikimori was understanding of her feelings!
Kamiya just needs to use her Ryougi mystic eyes of eyes of death perception to kill Shikimori and claim Izumi for herself! (Jk)...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 4, 2022 11:50 AM

Jul 2017
The opening montage which shows Kamiya as the rejected Cinderella princess beckoning for the bad luck Prince Charming Izumi, only for Shikimori to steal her place, it's the inevitable love triangle.

If Shikimori didn't exist in the aforementioned Couple Numbers game of the culture festival, Kamiya would've been in the rightful place, because I feel that Kamiya and Izumi had the raw chemistry going for each other, as opposed to Shikimori being the better, well-rounded girlfriend. But it's true, peoples' expectations can ride on your back and prove to be too much, as shown with Kamiya wanting to vent this out by herself.

Shikimori feels wrong for swapping numbers this time around, but she goes one step further to peer into Kamiya's heart to expose her facade that she has feelings for Izumi, which if the feeling isn't mutual, it's an outrageous lie, and I would do the same as well. To burst into tears and finally reveal all of her feelings towards Shikimori, the former understood her position, and the latter understood that Shikimori is the absolute girlfriend for Izumi. What a breath of fresh air for wholesome drama.

The last day of the festival, and concurrently Shikimori's birthday and their 1st anniversary, so a gift is fitting. Of course, he'd sense that there's something off, but girls' talk isn't something that's worth divulging. A nice necklace and some pep talk of reassurance, and the girlfriend broke down in front of Izumi, showing her vulnerability and solidifying her presence in his life.

Indeed, Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie, she is SUPER cute. EXCELLENT episode, and fight me if you think otherwise.

Now we wait 2 weeks for a new episode, next week is also a recap.
KANLen09Jun 4, 2022 11:54 AM
Jun 4, 2022 11:53 AM

Jul 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Kamiya deserved better honestly. Deserves a mf like me. I know a lot of people loved this arc because of how they resolved kamiya with no hard feelings and didn’t drag things out.. but that’s the exact reason I don’t like it. I like drama, I like tension and I like messy trashy harem style rom coms.
You must have a twisted mind. I agree with the opinions, but no trash harem rom-com to be found here.
Jun 4, 2022 12:00 PM

Apr 2010
That's one romance that doesn't come true but it's a bit sad to watch, it was nice that the girls worked things out amongst themselves tho.
The present part was funny especially when he tried to buy the present
Jun 4, 2022 12:12 PM
Aug 2020
Am I the only one shocked that we’re already on Episode Eight? I know it’s been airing for over a month now but holy shit lol. I remember watching the first episode like it was yesterday and we’re already nearing the end
Jun 4, 2022 12:14 PM

Feb 2021
Wow this episode was great, honestly this anime just keeps getting better and better for me.

I feel bad for Kamiya, but her moment with Shikimori there was honestly so good, this episode specially had very good directing.
Jun 4, 2022 12:21 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm thats a nice scene to showcase the distance that separates Kamiya with Izumi from the beginning. It was cute seeing Shikimori attempt her plan. The analogy to Cinderella within Kamiya's thoughts was pretty interesting when used in conjunction with her feelings. But it must be hard holding those feelings in. Have to say though the way that Shikimori handled that was perfect. Considering its their last event before graduation the third years going all out is to be expected. Its nice that the present that Izumi went for turned out to be perfect for Shikimori. Such a rare moment to see her lose composure though. Overall a damm good ep that balanced out Kamiya's expansion with a nice development on Izumi and Shikimori's relationship.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2022 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
Jun 4, 2022 12:38 PM

May 2021
I really liked how the feeling of Kamiya were managed, how she accepted it and Shikimori supported her when she needed it the most. This is how you help friends.
Jun 4, 2022 1:13 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
So far my favorite episode, wonder if Shikimori would be up for threesome with Kamiya.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Jun 4, 2022 1:20 PM

Apr 2020
The beginning of the episode with her in the dress really spoke to me, I just love kamiya as a character and hope we get more of her. To be able to try to let go of someone is hard but she was willing to do so because izumi seemed happy although I have a feeling a love triangle will happen one day or the other. The necklace scene was cute
Jun 4, 2022 1:24 PM
Aug 2019
splendid!!! girls in this series is awesome! ✨
Jun 4, 2022 1:52 PM
Jul 2015
I'm a sucker for episodes like these where there is both drama, and jealousy (or envy better said.) Seeing Shikimori and Izumi both striving to become stronger to make the other clear any doubt of their love makes me happy! Sad to hear about Kamiya, but at least it is off her chest (to at least confide in Shikimori.) 5/5 ep!
Jun 4, 2022 2:10 PM

Mar 2018
I've always loved Kamiya, her arcs always make me cry.

She is such a great character, and arguably the most developed, so I just wish her happiness.
Jun 4, 2022 2:19 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Kamiya talking about Cinderella to Izumi while Shikimori finds out who has the card for a couples game which in this case is Kamiya
Jun 4, 2022 2:19 PM

Nov 2017
Ahhhh, poor Kamiya! :-/
Jun 4, 2022 2:29 PM
Oct 2020
Didn’t expect to feel bittersweet today, but here we are.
Jun 4, 2022 2:52 PM

Mar 2020
as a manga reader,this is the first time I m completely satisfied with the direction and scripting
the frst 6 eps of tis adaptation had one of the worst scripting I've ever seen in anime with sch high budget

hope it goes well like this frm now on cuz two of my favorite arcs will probably get animated in the next few eps hopefully,or they will rearrange again
Jun 4, 2022 3:39 PM

Apr 2015
Such a great episode and seeing the rooftop getting deserved adaptation makes me really happy. Kamiya is one of my favourite characters and I enjoy whenever she appears.

I still really hope this gets a second season, because Saruogi probably won't make an appearance this season.
Jun 4, 2022 4:02 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Pretty emotional episode before we wait for 2 weeks for the new episode because of the delay.

Finally, this anime is about to leave M I D territory.
Jun 4, 2022 4:03 PM
Apr 2021
Shikimori sugoi in this episode. This show deserves a higher rating
Jun 4, 2022 4:04 PM

Jul 2021
Kamiya is indeed one of the characters with some depthness in this series and from all the worst compositions in scripting the anime adaptation, this is probably the best episode with a better direction.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 4, 2022 4:18 PM
Aug 2021
KANLen09 said:
The opening montage which shows Kamiya as the rejected Cinderella princess beckoning for the bad luck Prince Charming Izumi, only for Shikimori to steal her place, it's the inevitable love triangle.

If Shikimori didn't exist in the aforementioned Couple Numbers game of the culture festival, Kamiya would've been in the rightful place, because I feel that Kamiya and Izumi had the raw chemistry going for each other, as opposed to Shikimori being the better, well-rounded girlfriend. But it's true, peoples' expectations can ride on your back and prove to be too much, as shown with Kamiya wanting to vent this out by herself.

Shikimori feels wrong for swapping numbers this time around, but she goes one step further to peer into Kamiya's heart to expose her facade that she has feelings for Izumi, which if the feeling isn't mutual, it's an outrageous lie, and I would do the same as well. To burst into tears and finally reveal all of her feelings towards Shikimori, the former understood her position, and the latter understood that Shikimori is the absolute girlfriend for Izumi. What a breath of fresh air for wholesome drama.

The last day of the festival, and concurrently Shikimori's birthday and their 1st anniversary, so a gift is fitting. Of course, he'd sense that there's something off, but girls' talk isn't something that's worth divulging. A nice necklace and some pep talk of reassurance, and the girlfriend broke down in front of Izumi, showing her vulnerability and solidifying her presence in his life.

Indeed, Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie, she is SUPER cute. EXCELLENT episode, and fight me if you think otherwise.

Now we wait 2 weeks for a new episode, next week is also a recap.

Certainly the rooftop drama is quite a rare wholesome one! What’s happening next weekend though? Another delay?
Jun 4, 2022 4:19 PM
Aug 2021
Marinate1016 said:

Don’t think Kamiya would like to date some helpless simps 😬
Jun 4, 2022 4:42 PM

Feb 2019
ZXSHAWN01 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Don’t think Kamiya would like to date some helpless simps 😬

Ironic. So she definitely wouldn’t be with you.
Jun 4, 2022 4:52 PM

Jan 2021
Oh my, those two last episodes were great! Hope to see more from Kamiya
Jun 4, 2022 5:13 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
The best episode up until now, wasn’t expecting to see deep moments and such strong expressions of feelings in this show. I really sympathized and liked Kamiya, i hope to see here in the next episodes as well.
Jun 4, 2022 5:21 PM
Oct 2020
It's strange to see a character with depth like Kamiya after seeing npcs for 7 episodes straight. I'm not complaining though. Kamiya is arguably the best character yet (I haven't read the manga yet)

The best episode for now imo
Jun 4, 2022 5:28 PM

Jan 2022
This show is really warming up and I’m happy I stuck around until now. This was hands down the best episode so far. What drama. That rooftop scene was really quite touching. Hope we get to see more from kamiya San in the future.
-insert NGE meme here-
Jun 4, 2022 6:03 PM

Feb 2021
I'm a manga reader but still knowing what was coming I couldn't help but think of School Days rooftop scene instead. Think about it for a second.

I'm not even sorry for planting that idea into your heads, goodnight.
"The sun rises today and sets again. A flower that bloomed in the morning, falls from its stem. The sun sets today and rises again. Flowers bloom to fill the land, but not the flowers of yesterday..."

Jun 4, 2022 6:24 PM
Nov 2021
this was a very good episode this week. honestly had me tearing with kamiya and shikimori. honestly might be my favorite episode yet. the interaction between kamiya and izumi in the library with the bookshelf was so sweet. i kinda feel bad. and just everything about shikimori and izumi is so adorable. i love them. i genuinely love this show :)
Jun 4, 2022 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
Drama?! Kamiya's "see you" to Shikomori after that was nice. Now I want to see them hang out together in the future and have all the mob characters go wow at such an attractive duo haha

Izumi and Shikimori wanting to assure each other ;;; they are so cute

I missed seeing the main friend group being together so yay for the school fest after party. Now that we finally got to understand the part of the OP with Kamiya, will we see the younger Izumi/Shikimori (aka more backstory) in the following episodes?
Jun 4, 2022 6:46 PM

May 2015
This episode is the worst so far. Why should I care about Kamiya? Why would Shikimori support her when she is a literal rival who could steal her love away? Why should I sympathize for this mopey “character” we know nothing about?

edit: end of the episode saved it from being a disaster. I don’t care about Kamiya. The sob story was cheap considering we knew nothing about her. The fact Shikimori dwelled so much on it was annoying and upsetting.
AshtoricJun 4, 2022 6:57 PM
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."
Jun 4, 2022 7:06 PM
Jun 2019
Hot take?

Kamiya <<<<< Maki Shojo

Kamiya & Shikimori <<<<< Komi and

shit post
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jun 4, 2022 7:28 PM
Nov 2018
Grown ass man sobbing over here about the love triangle in this episode. Very surprised at how this episode played out, considering this show started out as a stock character with terrible luck constantly being saved by his girlfriend, set my expectations pretty low, but this episode redeemed this anime for me.
Jun 4, 2022 7:37 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Maybe it's just because she reminds me of Kanbaru, but Kamiya is hot and she adds quite a bit of depth to it all

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 4, 2022 7:48 PM

May 2015
Fav episode so far. Kamiya is gorgeous

Jun 4, 2022 8:19 PM

Sep 2018
"Let's chuck in the love triangle trope for an episode or two, just for some sudden melodrama. And let's also make them handle the situation with grace, dignity and respect, unlike real life school drama." lol, this show continues to alienate. God, that was sappy. And some be wondering why this show is so low scored lol, just saw yet another thread about that.... The target audience is much smaller than many other anime (young females who want to dote on a girly BF who sometimes acts like an 8 year old). It's about time you clowns realize that.

GakutoDeathGlareJun 4, 2022 8:23 PM
Jun 4, 2022 8:35 PM

Sep 2010
As much as Kamiya tries to suppress what she's feeling, it leaks out subtly through her body language, in the classroom cafe, and when she resists slightly while giving Shikimori the paper with Izumi's number. I find that shot of her pinching the paper slightly as she gives it to Shikimori as effective as it is simple.
Jun 4, 2022 8:39 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man, if only this went the Girlfriend Girlfriend direction and the girls shared Izumi lol, but sadly we can’t have that here. I feel for Kamiya, seeing her moment in this episode made me wish she had been in the show more up to this point so it could really hit hard, but it was still a great moment and Shikimori handled it well.

And the ending bit was definitely sweet with Izumi giving Shikimori her birthday present, some really nice Shikimori faces there and drives home that the two of them are meant for each other.

But man, I will patiently wait an extra week for Shikimori once again lol.
Jun 4, 2022 9:00 PM
May 2021
Returning the tag because it's unfair lol.It's the same Shikimori who act childish when Izumi is just surrounded by his friend(that Bakugo looking guy don't remember the name) and gets jealous even though there were in same room.

Overrall the episode was watchable that's why 3/5.
Milan-5Jun 5, 2022 2:40 AM
Jun 4, 2022 9:01 PM

Nov 2018
Kamiya's the first character in the show that I actually give a crap about
Jun 4, 2022 9:06 PM
Dec 2020
Easily the most memorable episode yet. Sooo much better than the first few episodes
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

223 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

106 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2022

94 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 10:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.