Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2022 10:27 AM

May 2013
Time for another thread and probably my last one for awhile. Unless I come up with a fantastic idea I'll be taking a break from thread making.

But yeah all of mental health is a huge hoax to keep the weak alive so they can be taxed. All I hear is that the world is overpopulated this and we should stop having kids that. If that's true then why should we care if a weak willed person ends their own life? Especially since the world is kinda shit anyway so I think we should be happy for people who choose not to be a part of it.

It's like this. Mental health conditions are for the most part genetic defects so people who have them shouldn't have kids anyway. Why should we help people like this live if them living and breeding only perpetuates misery and problems?

I would take things a step further and say we have euthanasia be an option for those who have serious mental health conditions. That way people can peacefully die without causing problems for others. But no mental health is a huge industry. Like give everyone a bunch of pills and therapy so they stay alive long enough to keep siphoning money out of them when death would be the merciful option.

What do you think though? Am I being too abrasive? Or is this a huge industry built upon the weakness of others?

Discuss below.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2022 10:31 AM

Sep 2018
My only real problem with how mental health is handled nowadays is how conditions are being marketed nowadays through ads to push medicine for profit. I am not really interested in ever having kids so that is of no concern to me. Even chads and women with many kids can develop mental conditions. Looks decline with age so treatment does not stay favorable for everyone forever. Such a decline in looks can cause feelings of loss in people.
May 24, 2022 10:43 AM

Aug 2014
The world is not overpopulated. People who believe this do not know what words mean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

We should care about others because, as highly social creatures, we need each other.

Society cannot exist if everyone only cares about themselves. Taxation is part of that.

Suffering is a necessary part of life...but there is also much joy to be experienced.

If mental health conditions are primarily caused by genetics, how is it a hoax? I think what you are trying to say is that the treatments aren't as effective as they could be. But that doesn't mean fields like psychiatry should be abandoned.

What's wrong with something being an industry? (Even if it's founded upon human weaknesses.) There's more to it than sheer profit motive. Many have improved their lives by going to psychiatrists and so on. Of course, it's a complex issue, so not everyone gets positive results. If you're not careful, certain medication can be lethal.

A mentally ill person is not competent enough to make sound decisions about ending their own life.

That said, it is their own life, and it is their right to end it themselves (without getting anyone else involved in the deed) if they so choose. If they are physically incapable of doing it, that opens an ethical can of worms. Euthanasia is illegal in many countries for a reason.
May 24, 2022 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
youre going full social darwinist or survival of the fittest here

should only the strong live in society? i do not think so

society is man made so it should not follow natural laws like darwinism
May 24, 2022 10:52 AM
Dec 2017
There is people in industries that do prey and exploit on others sadly and theres also a sad thing where people fake mental illness just because they read it online and learn about and self diagnose themselves with it even though they never had it in the first place.

I can understand researching about different symptoms if you are unusually sick and i rather a professional diagnose you with what it really is imo.

I believe its called Munchausen syndrome and you see it alot online people using illness for social media clout demeaning actual people with said neurological and mental issues. And yeah faking mental health issues is mean and selfish to people who have actual mental health issues.

May 24, 2022 11:03 AM

Mar 2008
If that were the case lower income and no income people wouldn't be exempt from income taxes but they not only are but also receive money from taxes via welfare for disability which you still need to get on so you get better healthcare coverage.
May 24, 2022 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
You kids should finally realize that our beloved Liberals and Corp-dickheads are pushing Earth's population into the direction of Digital Feudalism, although, it won't be lasting "digitally" for long.

So I'd say be prepared, and stock up on silver bullets, aspen's stakes, holy water, crosses, and march forward with music.
May 24, 2022 11:22 AM

Nov 2016
The easy solution is to make more money. You can't afford nice things and a comfortable way of living without money. The system's been like this for centuries. You can say it's unfair and hate the system, but you'll forever be apart of it.
May 24, 2022 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
Nette's self-hatred wrapped up in a different topic but really it's just a self-hatred thread #512

:c
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
May 24, 2022 11:36 AM

Mar 2011
You used a word that many who believe in "objective purpose" usually utilize, and carries in it a whole ideology. You might want to try not thinking or using in casual conversation the word should or shouldn't. Its a trick to change perspective and might learn more. Assisted suicide or suicide is a complex subject that I think requires more specialized approaches than indulging someone likely to be mentally compromised in a this-or-that choice.

"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
May 24, 2022 11:41 AM

May 2013
@rohan121 Yeah the industry is remarkably predatory.

@SmugSatoko I should have clarified myself a little better. I'm convinced most mental health conditions aren't actually real to begin with. Many I feel are made up to sell treatments to vulnerable people keeping them in a trap of misery forever

Certain medications can be lethal. Not even in the way one would think. I remember when I was in the hospital and my old anti psychotic was locked away behind a bunch of red tape because it causes cancer. Nobody told me it causes cancer until my nurse there did.

Well my whole thing on suicide is by nature it gets people involved. Like those who clean up the mess and whatnot. So I think we should have euthanasia available for the chronically miserable.

@deg why shouldn't the strong be the only ones left? Society by it's very nature is harmed by the weak. People like me shouldn't be around.

@Crow_Black we also cannot forget people are just diagnosed with stuff to sell them pills too. So I dont even think most diagnoses are even accurate or valid.

@traed Low income people still have taxes taken out of their paychecks. And I'm actually going to get health insurance through my workplace starting in june which opens up a whole other can of worms of concerns. Like now I'm going to be tied to this shitty workplace forever. That and I have to find a doctor that takes my insurance that wont discriminate against me.

@HorsemanPerson That's the human empathy talking. Which I understand.

And yeah I'm arguing for humane treatments of the mentally ill. Misery should not be perpetuates to the degree that it is.

@BJuice I cannot wait for the societal collapse. Then I can just be murdered and be done with everything.

@SpamuraiSensei I can always choose not to be a part of the system. I can make myself a way out. I hope I just will have to have the nerve to do so.

@Railey2 Pretty much but it doesnt change the fact I'm right.

@Silverstorm It is a complex issue yeah. But like I just want the most happiness and least misery on this planet. Or just to advocate a way for me to be more satsfied.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 24, 2022 11:45 AM

Sep 2017
_Nette_ said:
I'll be taking a break from thread making.

I think it's a good idea indeed.

You need rest from stress Nette.

Take care.
May 24, 2022 11:45 AM

Jan 2009
_Nette_ said:
@deg why shouldn't the strong be the only ones left? Society by it's very nature is harmed by the weak. People like me shouldn't be around.

by this logic permanently disabled and old people should just die because they are a burden to society and if youre healthy tax payer then suddenly got bad luck of becoming permanently disabled or gottten older and retired so should society kill you?
May 24, 2022 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
how do u propose the killing be carried out ? for it wont be as easy as pulling the plug of a brain dead person, someone will have to do the killing n then its not just a simple suicide is it ? euthanasia for ppl not on the deathbed doesn't work.
May 24, 2022 11:55 AM

Jan 2009
just get rid of social safety nets and do mercy killing instead damn
May 24, 2022 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
_Nette_ said:
@Railey2 Pretty much but it doesnt change the fact I'm right.
if you're self-aware enough to admit that pretty much anything you post on here by now is informed by your intense self-hatred, then why would you assume that you're right?

Self-hatred is one of the most distorted lenses to see the world through. Doesn't seem plausible that you'd be able to make accurate judgements this way. Think about it.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
May 24, 2022 11:58 AM

May 2013
@Moonspeak what's funny is thread making is anti stress for me.

@deg at this point I dont see why not. And yeah mercy killing should be done. Improves the quality of life of society. Saves people from abject suffering. It's a win win.

@Verthandi11 the new suicide pods they just invented somewhere. Those seem to be an efficient way to delete oneself.

@Railey2 That is a fair point to make. I would argue though about my emotional detachment. I can be pretty detached from alot of stuff tbh.

But I know I'm not in a sound or safe mindset current so I dunno tbh.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 24, 2022 12:07 PM

Jan 2009
_Nette_ said:
@deg at this point I dont see why not. And yeah mercy killing should be done. Improves the quality of life of society. Saves people from abject suffering. It's a win win.

by that logic youre fine with babies getting killed by their parents too why a weak baby should be taken care by their parents its survival of the fittest

here in this poor country the old people take care of their children in hopes for their children to take care of them when they go much older and frail

also its like advocating for old people to just kill themselves to not be a burden to their family like kids
May 24, 2022 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
_Nette_ said:

@BJuice I cannot wait for the societal collapse. Then I can just be murdered and be done with everything.

I'm witnessing a 2nd collapse in my lifetime, kids nowadays have no idea and never experienced anything like this before, (only this time I'm witnessing from another side, from the original initiators of this whole thing).

...so enjoy the ride, some idiots still believe that nothing is happening and still have delusions that the world will go back to how it was pre-2020/22.
May 24, 2022 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
what is the point of using suicide pods ? to make it easy to kill oneself ? if one makes up their mind to, i don't think what's stopping them is the lack of a suicide pod or even suicide being legal. babylon was a stupid anime with flawed premise.

truth is most ppl who r hurting dont truly want to kill themselves, they want some help
May 24, 2022 12:18 PM
Oct 2020
i certainly think that the motto "the measure of society is how it treats the weakest members" was overdone. i mean look what they done in the name of fighting covid because couple million of 80 year olds died. lots of them probably already isolated from their family and senile long ago.
May 24, 2022 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
You are contradicting yourself. I ain't trying start shit.
I don't know how the world can be kinda shit. It's either shit or it's not. I think the world is shit, due to my experience and how things work where I am from.
May 24, 2022 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
You are right, and the ones behind the mental health industry is the company behind MAL. If all the mentally ill people killed themselves the forums would be dead!
May 24, 2022 2:08 PM

Dec 2015
_Nette_ said:

But yeah all of mental health is a huge hoax to keep the weak alive so they can be taxed. All I hear is that the world is overpopulated this and we should stop having kids that. If that's true then why should we care if a weak willed person ends their own life? Especially since the world is kinda shit anyway so I think we should be happy for people who choose not to be a part of it.

From what I know it's not the world overpopulated but certain countries x), as some Asian countries, alot of European countries suffer from as countries here are getting more old and there is a decrease of population and you can check it by yourself -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_growth_rate or on other articles the problem is that when you're living in poor or difficult country the only way to live is just simply to make kids in 20th century or even previously as our own Babushkas say there when they were bored at villages cause there was nothing to do or nothing was possible to do else than they were simply making kids x)

It's like this. Mental health conditions are for the most part genetic defects so people who have them shouldn't have kids anyway. Why should we help people like this live if them living and breeding only perpetuates misery and problems?

Than why would we help people who suffer other mental conditions such as depression?
Or maybe far more why would we help those who has bad physical conditions or wounds why would we help them ? For me this is so stupid that I can't even answer to it as it is as obvious as it should be. (You'd be surprised on how much they want to live and that their living will is much more stronger than from a "HEALHTY" humans, as I've got some experience by spending time and volunteering while being around of people who has some problems it seems that they have less problems than some "Healthy" people which disgusts me)
May 24, 2022 3:03 PM
Dec 2010
I know you are on a rant to let it out here but the negative spiral is apparent. This line of thought process just lead further into negativity as it compounds on itself. To state your industry idea differently, is that all industries cater to what others are lacking, even B2B companies.

The bills on your recent mental health seem astronomically high, and I can't fathom the costs behind it either. Just how much do your various pills cost? I just don't see how a week in the hospital and some normal blood and urine tests can add up to these much.

And no one is permanently weak-willed. There must be something you can work with, perhaps you are not seeing it yet.

Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
May 24, 2022 3:07 PM

Aug 2014
_Nette_ said:
I should have clarified myself a little better. I'm convinced most mental health conditions aren't actually real to begin with.

Some...but most? You'll need to elaborate.

Many I feel are made up to sell treatments to vulnerable people

Which ones exactly?

keeping them in a trap of misery forever

Why do you assume the treatments would necessarily keep (or make) them miserable?

Certain medications can be lethal. Not even in the way one would think. I remember when I was in the hospital and my old anti psychotic was locked away behind a bunch of red tape because it causes cancer. Nobody told me it causes cancer until my nurse there did.

The thing about cancer is that dozens of things can potentially cause it...but better safe than sorry indeed.

Well my whole thing on suicide is by nature it gets people involved. Like those who clean up the mess and whatnot. So I think we should have euthanasia available for the chronically miserable.

That's a bold leap in logic. People would need to "clean up" after the euthanized too, ya know.

We are interconnected in a sense, and cannot avoid involving others in the aftermath of a suicide...but how does that justify euthanasia for sad people? (Especially if it was forced, which would be nothing more than murder.)

why shouldn't the strong be the only ones left? Society by it's very nature is harmed by the weak.

The purpose of society is to meet human needs, not to kill off the weak.

Besides, just because you're suffering doesn't mean you're weak. Each person has strengths and weaknesses.

Strong and weak are relative terms, anyway. Compared to many animals, all humans are physically weak.

Before venturing further, you would need to clearly define what you mean by strong and weak.

People like me shouldn't be around.

Do you regard yourself being sacrificed (so to speak) as beneficial for society?

we also cannot forget people are just diagnosed with stuff to sell them pills too. So I dont even think most diagnoses are even accurate or valid.

So because there is money involved, you conclude the experts are usually wrong?

What about all the experts in other fields who get paid for their work? Are they usually wrong too?

If they are wrong so often, then who is right?

Low income people still have taxes taken out of their paychecks.

Just thought I'd add this: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/column-much-poor-actually-pay-taxes-probably-think

And I'm actually going to get health insurance through my workplace starting in june which opens up a whole other can of worms of concerns. Like now I'm going to be tied to this shitty workplace forever.

Nah...you're free to work at all sorts of places if you're willing to put in the effort.

That and I have to find a doctor that takes my insurance that wont discriminate against me.

How would they discriminate against you?

And yeah I'm arguing for humane treatments of the mentally ill. Misery should not be perpetuates to the degree that it is.

Euthanasia violates doctors' oath to do no harm. Many do not consider it humane.

I cannot wait for the societal collapse. Then I can just be murdered and be done with everything.

lmao. This is so edgy. I'm lovin' it!

(Can't believe you haven't seen Higurashi.)

I can always choose not to be a part of the system. I can make myself a way out. I hope I just will have to have the nerve to do so.

Is this another suicide reference or are you going to buy an island now?

Pretty much

What do you hate about yourself?

One of the most important things I've learned is to love yourself and have fun. I think if you can find more things you enjoy (as long as they aren't too harmful), you would feel so much better.

It is a complex issue yeah. But like I just want the most happiness and least misery on this planet.

Your solution of slaughtering sad people may seem like it reduces the level of misery in the world...but it would cut off potential future happiness for so many...not to mention make their loved ones suffer. I'd wager it would cause more suffering than it prevents. (And probably infringe upon all sorts of human rights in the process.)

Why not instead advocate for making people less miserable and keeping them alive?

Or just to advocate a way for me to be more satsfied.

What do you think would satisfy you?

_Nette_ said:
at this point I dont see why not.

So you want impoverished people to perish too?

And yeah mercy killing should be done. Improves the quality of life of society. Saves people from abject suffering. It's a win win.

Wait...don't tell me you want "mercy killing" of sad people....without the consent of the victims...? O_O

"Man, I'm having a bad day. ...Wait, no...I didn't mean it! ahhhhh"

Good thing I'm smug and no longer sad. (MAL forum regulars should get this joke.)

the new suicide pods they just invented somewhere. Those seem to be an efficient way to delete oneself.

Alright, muh Nette...since you've been such a good sport, I shall reward you with a glimpse at an old post of mine that was so edgy it was deleted. :'D

Please remember that I wrote this for entertainment purposes only. (In a discussion about human rights.) To emphasize the edginess, I'll put it in red...you know, to represent blood. hehe

SmugSatoko said:
Thank you for calling the Assisted Suicide Hotline.

Or as we like to call it, ASH...named after what you'll be in due course. ^‿^

If you could take a brief survey after this call to rate our service, it would be much appreciated. ;)

This call may be monitored for seppuku assurance. Please wait while we transfer you to our next available agent.

Now...what seems to be the problem?

What are ya, scared?

I bet you couldn't blow your brains out if your life depended on it.

Or maybe you're already too braindead to figure out how to get things done.

Here's a tip: cliffs exist for a reason.

Guns? Rope? Pills? None o' that pussy shit.

All you need to do is move those legs. Might as well get some exercise on your final voyage.

Heck, if you've got a cell phone, you can start your journey now. I'll be right here with you, every step of the way. <3

Wait...you live in Florida? Oh dear...may Satan have mercy on your accursed soul.

Okay, okay...how about the ocean? You can take a "swim"...say hi to the sharks for me.

Whatever, though...I really don't care. It's your funeral.

I hope they cover the head. You know...so they don't have to look at your bitch-ass cunt face.

I wasn't going to attend...but maybe I will so I can bang your mom afterwards.

Oh...she's dead? Drat... Erm, on a totally unrelated note...do you have a sister? Perhaps I am gravely mistaken.

[Real talk: my mom and sister actually are dead. Dark humor can be therapeutic!]

You seem to need some inspiration, so let me tell you about a hero of our modern age: yours truly.

I mean, I'm so much better than you it's mind-boggling.

I am truth. I am destiny! I am JUSTICE!!!

I'm such a rockstar. And you? Not even a footnote in my autobiography.

I didn't catch your name, by the way...because I didn't ask for it.

A nobody like you is hardly worth the hassle of remembering.

So anyway...how has your day been? Scratch that. I meant my day. And I'll tell you.

First I woke up...and everything fell into place...all the joys that come with being the best. It's a me thing. You wouldn't get it.

But where are my manners? Back to you...

The one who's such a pathetic weakling that they literally called a phone number for the sole purpose of getting help offing themselves.

Just curious...why are you so offended by life? You do realize suffering is part of the deal, yes? Either revel in the chaos or fizzle out.

It's the law of nature, baby! The weak shall be food for the strong.

Now I'm hungry. I think I'll go for some pizza after we're done. I would share a slice, but...you know...

Are you seriously still here? You're really bad at this.

Oh well...it's to be expected. After all, if you're a failure at life, it stands to reason that you would be a failure at death.

I'll let you in on a little secret: your purpose in life is to serve me. No wonder you're so unhappy.

All those wasted years, and what have I gotten out of it? Dip-diddly-squat. Good job, ya bum.

But I'll tell you what... This is your last chance at redemption. Either be my bitch...or get the hell out of my world.

So what'll it be, chickadee? We don't have all night...I need to assist other callers.

Did I provide satisfactory service?

On a scale of fun to win, how would you rank my awesomeness?

...Sir? Hello? Hey, I think it worked this time. A round of beers, on the house!

MizunoWaveRider said:
A lot of mental health problems come from future fears, which is why there is a strong correlation between health problems (including mental health) and poverty. If the state did a better job at preventing poverty, then a lot less people would have mental health issues.

Well said.

The problem is that every industry tries to sustain itself, and if there aren't any or not enough people with health problems it will fall apart.

That is not the current state of affairs. It seems to me that there will always be plenty of people who need help in one way or another. In addition, many (if not most) of those in the world who need help don't end up getting it to begin with.
May 24, 2022 4:07 PM

Mar 2008
_Nette_ said:

@traed Low income people still have taxes taken out of their paychecks. And I'm actually going to get health insurance through my workplace starting in june which opens up a whole other can of worms of concerns. Like now I'm going to be tied to this shitty workplace forever. That and I have to find a doctor that takes my insurance that wont discriminate against me.

Well yes but not at the lowest level. There is a cutoff point where you dont even have to file for taxes at all.

Hm well that is one way but it doesn't mean you have to be tied to it forever since you do have other options like what I said you can do to expand coverage. Also your gov insurance may have went over because that time you had to go to hospital from that allergic reaction to grapefruit if that was this year or was that a different year? You also have that free pharmacy you can always turn to when transitioning between private and public insurances. So you aren't stuck.
May 24, 2022 5:29 PM

Jan 2019
Just wanted to point something out.

Genes are just one of the common components of mental health problems. But, in general, we don't really know how many people have the genes related to each mental problem, and they work in an accumulative fashion rather than the disease being traceable to a single gene. So, a person that carries genes associated with schizophrenia would not necessarily be schizophrenic. A simple example: two direct siblings (one born after the other) can both possess genetic propensity to develop schizophrenia, but only one of them does in fact develop it, later in life. This could happen with either the youngest or the oldest.

This why psychologists often refer to a "trigger" in cases of mental illness. A strong, traumatic event that "activates" the problem in a person, such as divorce, the death of a loved one, a period of abuse etc. Still, usually, people who have mental issues also have a history of problems in their past, such a child abuse, neglect, unresolved insecurities etc. I'm not a specialist, but I think this all suggests that many more people could develop mental problems than we usually think, and it stresses the importance of a good scenario for mental health in society.
May 24, 2022 9:03 PM

May 2013
@HorsemanPerson Empathy is shallow anyway. All I see are people who empathize with others only if they agree with them.

And nah this isn't a cry for help. Why would I? This is a shitty anime forum. Instead what I am doing is a bit more sinister. I'm using my own unhinged opinions to sabotage my reputation.

@deg Yeah, pretty much. People have shown that humanity is pretty much only pretending to care about eachother. Why pretend like we are better?

@BJuice Yeah, they have no intention to allowing us to go back ever.

@Verthandi11 True but suicide in general is unpleasant for those who commit it. Why gatekeep something that will remove misery and suffering from this planet?

@Milzol And I am sure if I died in a car accident they would also call it a covid related death as well, lol.

@Amityblight I pretty much always contradict myself because my beliefs are so fickle and fragile.

@Zettaiken That's funny because I worked in a care facility for 4 years and nearly every resident we had was suicidal because they were old, mentally ill or physically disabled.

@IceySongstress Industries by their very nature are parasitic and exploitative.

And yeah that's just the american healthcare system at work. It's like my step sister's boyfriend is $400,000 in debt because he had to have his colon removed. Mainly because when he was in the hospital they dicked around performing tests and all this other stuff to rack up the cost.

@SmugSatoko I'm still figuring out which mental illnesses are bullshit. So far I have depression, anxiety and borderline personality disorder specifically in women. Depression and anxiety is pretty much pussy shit and borderline is just a made up illness to excuse the shitty behavior of abusive women. My mother and my ex both have borderline and have a huge history of abusing others.

I assume treatments would keep people miserable because if they did help people there would be no industry.

Yeah people would need to clean up after euthanized people but it is still cleaner than jumping off a bridge or in front of a train.

The purpose of society is to benefit the most people possible.

Yeah, people like me are a drain on society by nature. The mentally ill eventually feed off the government and I can't even reproduce so I cannot even produce more taxable slaves so I am a net negative.

Not that these professionals are wrong but more that they have an interest in keeping people as ill as possible.

I get I can work at whatever place I want, well not really. Because of my condition I am very limited in what I can do pretty much keeping me forever on the bottom rung of society. That's why I feel trapped at my job, I simply cannot do anything else.

A doctor will discriminate against me by not renewing my prescription for my hormones. A change in insurance means I get a new doctor.

Well yeah, when society collapses people like me will be hung from gas stations as a warning against being a f*ggot

Nobody seems to understand the 4D chess I am playing here. Why else would I destroy my reputation?

What do I hate about myself? It would be easier to explain what I don't hate about myself haha. I hate that I am trans. I hate that I let myself be groomed when I was 12 making me trans. I hate my history of drug abuse. I hate my history of stupid sexual acts. I hate being schizophrenic. I hate my hobbies. I hate my work. I hate where I live. I hate that I allowed myself to get stuck.

I don't advocate for making people less miserable because the people who are actually ill are lost causes. Everyone else is faking.

I almost cut myself on all that edge, XD

@traed My grapefruit incident was either late 2019 or early 2020.

@Sheklon My whole thing is why take the risk? If someone has the schizo gene then they should not reproduce. Doing so would be a selfish act anyway. Since people are too self centered to actually not reproduce when they are fucked up then I think someone should step in to prevent it.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 25, 2022 12:46 AM

Dec 2015
@_Nette_ Well never said that all of them are not having suicidal thoughts maybe you were in some depressive facility ain't knowing but nvm nothing else to say, but right now I just reminded myself of one thing, Adolf H. would be very happy and proud after reading your thoughts about "weak" x) If you ain't know what I mean than read about Aktion T4.
May 25, 2022 1:38 AM

Mar 2008
_Nette_ said:

@traed My grapefruit incident was either late 2019 or early 2020.

@Sheklon My whole thing is why take the risk? If someone has the schizo gene then they should not reproduce. Doing so would be a selfish act anyway. Since people are too self centered to actually not reproduce when they are fucked up then I think someone should step in to prevent it.

Then im at a loss how only this year you went over. I know there is a lifetime limit but no way it went by that quickly. Maybe much higher price of current meds?

Well not really. Certain genes play a role but more evidence supports things happening in the womb. High methionine maternal diet, low choline in maternal diet, and maternal genital herpes. Also genes have multiple functions so no gene is always entirely bad or good.
May 25, 2022 2:22 AM

Oct 2015
We should have the option of euthanasia for everyone. If you want to go, go off king.
May 25, 2022 4:51 AM

Jun 2019
Auron_ said:
We should have the option of euthanasia for everyone. If you want to go, go off king.

I can't believe that you have made such an ignorant statement.

"I am not feeling so well these days..."
"Just kill yourself, bro."

Besides a few borderline cases (like terminally ill people), very few people have a "genuine" desire to die, and the causes of suicide usually look futile (to the suicidal person who survived) a few months later. If there is one stupid thing not to do, this is committing suicide.
May 25, 2022 7:20 AM

May 2013
@kuroava pretty much. It's an industry built upon creating problems and selling the solution.

@Zettaiken Lol. You just invoked Godwin's law. The classic.

@traed I didn't go over, I lost my insurance.

and why should we allow people to take the chance regardless.

@Auron_ finally someone with a lick of sense.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 25, 2022 7:59 AM

Oct 2015
Meusnier said:
Auron_ said:

Besides a few borderline cases (like terminally ill people), very few people have a "genuine" desire to die, and the causes of suicide usually look futile (to the suicidal person who survived) a few months later. If there is one stupid thing not to do, this is committing suicide.

That is such an ignorant thing to say indeed. Perhaps you would find it interesting to learn that I never said such a thing. No reasonable person can read what I said and take away "Yes, Auron believes anyone who has had a bad day should kill themselves". Unless you I suppose believe I don't want any people inhabiting this world. Irrationality induced by trauma or general mental unwellness should of course constitute an incapacity to consent for such a decision. Provided that you're evaluated to be psychologically sound, however, and are making a solemn and calm-headed decision not guided by the heat of the moment, you should be able to have the option for assisted-suicide. You have autonomy over decisions concerning your body and that includes terminating it. If it is in their best interest to continue it, the proper way to convey this to a person of sound and stable mind is persuasion, not coercion.

Another key instance of gross misrepresentation is that there was never any talk about what one "should" do it, but only of what one should be "allowed the option for". And couple that with the fact that any good faith interpretation could infer I of course would not say any human being from a 14 year old who's been dumped by their first crush to a mentally ill person experiencing psychosis are capable of consenting to the most drastic decision of their life is, just disappointing and not the level of critical engagement I'm used to getting from you.

@_Nette_

Well, there are some qualifiers, that I don't think you would pass in my hypothetical to possess adequate consent. For reasons explicated by others in the thread.
Auron_May 25, 2022 11:23 AM
May 25, 2022 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Nette said:

@Verthandi11 True but suicide in general is unpleasant for those who commit it. Why gatekeep something that will remove misery and suffering from this planet?
because suicide doesnt do that at all. it spreads more misery. those who get left behind mourn for loved ones. some suffer trauma. others grieve for all the potential that was lost. lastly, and most importantly, the one who commits suicide suffers a huge opportunity cost. leaving the world guarantees that they get nothing while staying comes with the probability (most often likelihood) of things getting better.
May 25, 2022 1:02 PM

May 2013
@Auron_ You wound me so.

@Verthandi11 very naive of you to think things are going to get better. No way the powers that be will allow us to go back to a pre covid or even pre 9/11 world.

That and life is in general less valuable than ever now since there are so many of us. Plus those if us who are shittier should just be ejected anyway.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 25, 2022 2:30 PM

Mar 2008
_Nette_ said:

@traed I didn't go over, I lost my insurance.

and why should we allow people to take the chance regardless.

Was it private insurance or public insurance? Since I know you can lose private insurance but I dont know how you can lose Medicaid unless the reason you got on was your current income and you had more income at some point that dropped you but even then im not sure if works like that

So forced sterilization programs etc like in the old days. Basically no one would be left because everyone carries some genes with some bad potential. Your contradicting yourself now. You went from conspiracy theoring a non existent depopulation program to calling for mass extinction through eugenics.
traedMay 25, 2022 2:34 PM
May 26, 2022 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
I mean, f eugenics, but mental illness is very broad. And also real, but that's another topic.

I'd like to not be killed for feeling anxious. I know you're probably talking about people not able to function properly or are a danger to society, but I think the spectrum of mental illness is more complicated than that.

I wasn't born with anxiety and depression. It developed when I was around 10. In cases like this, mental illness is a phrase to talk about mind patterns people develop after traumatic events and how their perception and way of thinking changes from the norm. But most people think differently. You get attacked by a dog as a kid, you're afraid of dogs as an adult. There are loads of phobias too that may or may not fall into the same category.

To punish or even hurt people for the way they think is incredibly dangerous. Mental illness is just... mental. Thoughts. I know people that hallucinate. It's terrible, but they're still wonderful people that function normally except for when they don't.
May 26, 2022 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
_Nette_ said:
@Auron_ You wound me so.

@Verthandi11 very naive of you to think things are going to get better. No way the powers that be will allow us to go back to a pre covid or even pre 9/11 world.

That and life is in general less valuable than ever now since there are so many of us. Plus those if us who are shittier should just be ejected anyway.
pre covid or 9/11 world ? r these some big turning points in human history ? humanity has always bounced back. in fact thats just the nature of existence. something good happens, something bad happens, rinse repeat.

for people's personal lives, after u hit rock bottom there is no way to go but up
May 26, 2022 11:16 AM

May 2013
@Romaki26 Well of course I mean non functioning individuals.

And it's funny you bring up the dog bit. I am afraid of gay men because of personal experiences but when I do it is bigotry. But if a cis woman is afraid of straight men for the same reasons it is purely justified. But I guess I am the bad person.

@Verthandi11 Why has the world gotten significantly worse post 9/11 and never gone back? The powers that be will never allow us to return to any sense of good ever again. Pretty much all of our lives are forfeit at this point and there is absolutely no hope of things ever being good.

And I am at rock bottom and there is no sign of things going up. I just keep getting more unhinged and a potential danger to others or myself at this point.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 26, 2022 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
_Nette_ said:
@Romaki26 Well of course I mean non functioning individuals.

And it's funny you bring up the dog bit. I am afraid of gay men because of personal experiences but when I do it is bigotry. But if a cis woman is afraid of straight men for the same reasons it is purely justified. But I guess I am the bad person.

@Verthandi11 Why has the world gotten significantly worse post 9/11 and never gone back? The powers that be will never allow us to return to any sense of good ever again. Pretty much all of our lives are forfeit at this point and there is absolutely no hope of things ever being good.

And I am at rock bottom and there is no sign of things going up. I just keep getting more unhinged and a potential danger to others or myself at this point.
the world hasnt gotten significantly worse. like i said its just cycles repeating. us invaded afghanistan n iraq, nothing new, they invade others before, just like many other countries invaded others before that. many previous plagues were much worse than covid. world has gotten better for many ppl n countries or in many aspects n worse in others. what is this cultist status that anericans give 9/11 ?

of course u feel there is no hope. u r suffering depression. if u felt hope, meaning u arent depressed. when u getting some medicine girl ?
May 26, 2022 12:10 PM

Aug 2007
The insurance issues, getting diagnosed, finding the right treatment and whatnot can be a burden. But that is the good thing. We have options now.

I know that it can be difficult to gather hope when your state of mind already crumbling, however let's look at how the society treats people with mental health conditions many years ago versus today. In the past, people with mental health illnesses are being confined as a punishment. Mental health breaks were never a thing. We are still far from the ideal; for instance, most people living in the third-world countries such as where I am from invalidates depression as something that can be easily cured through devotion to the so-called Supreme being and attending Sunday mass. But going back- the comparison alone should tell that there is a constant improvement regarding the matter. The pharmaceutical industry may seem like they take advantage of the sick people, but there are sincere people in there who wants to help, too. Mental health advocacies on social media platforms are also on the rise, educating the society to these illnesses. (Sadly, there are instances wherein people treats their disorders as their sole identities, which backfires and creates more misunderstanding, but that is a different matter to tackle.)
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

May 26, 2022 2:38 PM

Apr 2020
I've read something similar in Pandora's Lab.
May 26, 2022 2:55 PM

Jun 2019
Auron_ said:
Meusnier said:

That is such an ignorant thing to say indeed. Perhaps you would find it interesting to learn that I never said such a thing. No reasonable person can read what I said and take away "Yes, Auron believes anyone who has had a bad day should kill themselves". Unless you I suppose believe I don't want any people inhabiting this world. Irrationality induced by trauma or general mental unwellness should of course constitute an incapacity to consent for such a decision. Provided that you're evaluated to be psychologically sound, however, and are making a solemn and calm-headed decision not guided by the heat of the moment, you should be able to have the option for assisted-suicide. You have autonomy over decisions concerning your body and that includes terminating it. If it is in their best interest to continue it, the proper way to convey this to a person of sound and stable mind is persuasion, not coercion.

Another key instance of gross misrepresentation is that there was never any talk about what one "should" do it, but only of what one should be "allowed the option for". And couple that with the fact that any good faith interpretation could infer I of course would not say any human being from a 14 year old who's been dumped by their first crush to a mentally ill person experiencing psychosis are capable of consenting to the most drastic decision of their life is, just disappointing and not the level of critical engagement I'm used to getting from you.

@_Nette_

Well, there are some qualifiers, that I don't think you would pass in my hypothetical to possess adequate consent. For reasons explicated by others in the thread.

What a word salad. Ideas of consent have nothing to do with suicide... There is never a point in life where you don't think what you think... Point is that Nette interpreted your post literally, which shows that whatever irony that you might have used, it was not clear enough.

Killing yourself implies that you are not psychologically sound!... Bodily autonomy?... I take that you simply have a mediocre understanding of the basic mechanisms that lead one to suicide, and the pseudo-rational decisions that you are alluding are other outliers that should not even be mentioned (find me second Montherlant). At least, it seems to indicate that you did not (or very seldom) had suicidal thoughts, which is a great thing.

You may think that it is a significant nuance, but truly, it isn't one.

"I am not feeling very good..."
"Remember that you can always kill yourself..."

Literally a line from Babylon... Marcus Aurelius's "philosophy" was nothing else than this line though, so I guess that you have a whole tradition to support you.

Anyway, I understand that you did not have ill intents, but your initial messages did not allow a straightforward interpretation that would effectively criticize what accounts for the large majority of suicide: a stupid "decision." I am obviously more emotional on this topic than others, but do not think that ratiocinations are very helpful there when it comes to such a trivial observation indicated in the previous sentence.
May 26, 2022 9:09 PM

Feb 2022
You say you are schizo. According to the Bicameral Mind theory you are actually a remnant of what Humanity was before the Bronze Age collapse.

Basically this is why Gods like Apollo and Ra were commonplace for everyone like if you talked to someone they said they would see they were real.

Die like you did by the lake on Naboo.
May 26, 2022 9:22 PM

Oct 2016
People try to say that mental illnesses are new because more people are open about it and treatments are widely available now but that's the farthest thing from the truth. A lot of abusers suffer from PTSD from the abuse they suffered themselves which would continue the cycle. Now that it's not taboo to talk about it more people are able to get the help they need to try to break the cycle.

Also as a person who deals with suicidal and self-harm thoughts regularly I understand the want for a way to euthanize people but I also know how horrible of an idea it is. I know for a fact that if it was available I would have a harder time trying to convince myself why it's not a good idea. Some days you wish you were dead but you know the pain it causes others so that's what at least keeps me going.
May 26, 2022 10:06 PM

May 2013
@Verthandi11 I'll be honest when I say I'm not depressed at all. I've been depressed before and it was nothing like this. This is more like all signs in the universe are telling me that I shouldn't exist.

@Monotonous I actually hate the whole mental health movement. Why should it be normalized being weak?

@LoliAnchorman that's an interesting theory indeed.

@spaceslut I dont think it is a new thing I just dont like how its normalized. It shouldn't be. Not at all.

I just wish the option was there. Because if people are going to kill themselves it will be done in a haphazard and most likely unpleasant way.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 27, 2022 6:20 AM

Jul 2019
Railey2 said:
Nette's self-hatred wrapped up in a different topic but really it's just a self-hatred thread #512

:c

Might as well be treated as a social problem. A corrupt world needs to be destroyed for progress.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 27, 2022 11:53 AM

Oct 2016
@Nette I'm confused about why you don't think it should be normalized. The mental health industry is a whole lot better than before. Now if you have a mental illness they don't just lobotomize you in a psych hospital. Mental health is such an important part of your overall health.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

47 by rian2 »»
10 minutes ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child?

FruitPunchBaka - Today

21 by MalchikRepaid »»
13 minutes ago

» do u guys have friends irl? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 7, 2023

79 by rian2 »»
23 minutes ago

» How do you feel about your digital footprint becoming your digital tombstone?

Shizuna - Yesterday

28 by rian2 »»
34 minutes ago

» Are you a pushover

ST63LTH - Yesterday

16 by rian2 »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.