Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2022 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Zero looks like she's on a different level with her talent compared to the other adventurers. She's even more badass in this show.

I like Zero's overall protrayal in this show so far. She's kinda sarcastic but also easy to get along and approachable.

May 5, 2022 11:54 AM
Sep 2015
It's not fair when they censor Sayb and Kudo kissing in previous episode yet in this episode we have a very detail kissing scene between Sayb and Loux.

But other than that, this is a very good episode, everyone get thing they wish for, especially Kudo get to meet his hero Dragon Knight. And that Dragon Knight is hot!
May 5, 2022 12:15 PM

Jul 2017
The Mud-Black Witch Zero has definitely grown up to be more badass, and not even Professor Los can withstand her on both wits and magic. But as fantastical as it is, all it takes is a kiss to absorb magical power for Loux to face against Zero. That and all, is an act to test them of their abilities learning a version of The Grimoire of Zero in the Academy, and all 3 kids (with Dawn Witch Loux as the exception) passed the test of Zero's witch village.

Zero's analysis of Hort, Kudo and Saybil is just as great as their powers at being unkempt of their full potential, and so does the priest and Youhei at presenting themselves once again of their stature (since it's been so long). The Dragon Conqueror King Heath...it's been awhile also, but to hear that he was the one whom saved young Kudo, glad that he's in a better spot.

Professor Los is here to stay in the group, and the next corner of Sayb's past being wounded emotionally and being an amnesiac, the case for explusion is severe...and more than him being Zero's nephew, he's also connected to Thirteen as his dear father? Wow that's so messed up.
May 5, 2022 12:37 PM

Feb 2019
Ah yes, ye old mana transfer fanservice sloppy kiss. Glad it all ended up being a test, that actually kinda took me by surprise. Glad Hort and everyone is ok.

We finally know where Sayb comes from and who his parents are, interesting twist with him being zero’s nephew, and kudo meets his hero the dragon knight. Solid episode, I’m enjoying this show more than demon lord typical nobody and the other fantasy shows airing this season.

I have such a zero and los fetish now lol: https://imgur.com/a/T0f2sr3
Marinate1016May 5, 2022 1:03 PM
May 5, 2022 12:53 PM
Sep 2020
May 5, 2022 2:19 PM

Jun 2017
At first I though Zero and Thirteen had a baby but technically Thirteen could've hooked up with anyone and Zero would still be the Aunt. Still wondering who the mother is.
May 5, 2022 2:41 PM

Jun 2015
Zero's hot pants are so tight I forgot how to cast magic.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 5, 2022 3:45 PM

Jun 2017
It's glad we got to this point but Zero and Youhei were awful at playing villain. lol
May 5, 2022 6:02 PM

May 2015
Can't say I'm a big fan of Zeros new look...or voice. Just seems to be missing the charm the original had
May 5, 2022 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
Now it all makes sense lmao, and here i was thinking why the hell are they both villains xD
Also, Zero's look is a little different, but i do get that she got older.

Now that the MC will be training, can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 5, 2022 8:50 PM

Nov 2018
Gotta say, Zero's face was totally busted in that one overhead shot in the inn or whatever near the end...think they used up all their time on the close-ups that got linked above?
May 5, 2022 9:20 PM
May 2021
Zero's all grown up!

Also, hats off to that uncensored kiss.
May 5, 2022 10:31 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode, and I was so happy to see everyone having a good time. This new arc should be filled with twists, turns and action.
May 5, 2022 11:07 PM

Jan 2020
W episode because of Zero.

I hope this leads to some better stuff down the line

May 6, 2022 4:40 AM
Feb 2022
I it because the episode shows Saybil passing the witch test, in which case it was just denying her and everyone passed the tests too and the director of the magic school liked to hear that and it seems that the Saybil himself erased his memories because of his sad past
May 6, 2022 5:45 AM

Mar 2019
I keep thinking that the previous series was just a prologue and this is the real one where you have the same filthy protagonist traveling around the world with his harem now including the albino loli Yawn~
May 6, 2022 5:51 AM

Jun 2016
watching this series just want to see our beautiful zero being grown pretty woman !!

zeroo too beautiful !!
May 6, 2022 6:36 AM

Oct 2021
As expected, after several years, Zero became thiccer.
May 6, 2022 6:43 AM

Jan 2015
billybub said:
Can't say I'm a big fan of Zeros new look...or voice. Just seems to be missing the charm the original had

She has exact same VA through.
May 6, 2022 6:59 AM

May 2015
begija said:
billybub said:

I know, it just seems off to me for some reason. Especially with Albus's voice being virtually unchanged
May 6, 2022 7:02 AM

Jan 2015
billybub said:
begija said:

I know, it just seems off to me for some reason. Especially with Albus's voice being virtually unchanged

I admit, it kinda felt odd, different somehow. But I already knew VA was same, so didn't pay attention too much. I guess she reflected the change in voice, as Zero seems to have grown up as well.
May 6, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2020
I was a fool to assume that this series was going to have actual romance it seems. At this point I just wanna see if Sayb becomes more capable on his own
May 6, 2022 10:44 PM

Mar 2015
I had no idea this was connected to grim of zero from 5 years ago. legit shocked and excited because I liked that anime quite a bit.
May 7, 2022 1:52 AM
Apr 2021
Zero has appeared and brought this show up from certain doom. Can't wait for the show to get better after this.
May 7, 2022 4:08 AM
Mar 2012
Zero in the cave looks great, voice feels different tho.
Interesting each 'over talented' student gets a unique exam.
Kudo looks like sad pepe but met his hero Dragon King quite handsome there.
Big reveals on Sayb.
May 7, 2022 9:39 AM

May 2016
If anyone wants a good laugh. Watch this /read comments
https://youtube.com/shorts/tNKTPU0bAt8?feature=share
May 7, 2022 3:52 PM

Jul 2014
Oh my lord, Zero lookin hella fine! girl got thicc on the right places!
Anyways yeah, Zero's va didnt change, its still Yumiri and I knew it was her the moment she spoke, for some reason she's using her Hayasaka maid tone, wasnt a fan. I know she was trying to show the difference cause Zero obviously matured but I wasnt a fan of the tone she was using. It fit Hayasaka but doesnt sit right with me when used in Zero.
I dropped this series back in ep2, MC was boring as hell and the loli turned me off, not liking her design at all but now that Zero and Mercenary are back maybe I'll stick around now, and it feels like Zero will play a much larger role too.
May 8, 2022 12:27 PM

Mar 2014
OMG all I care about is just seeing Zero and she is so different now 'if you know what I mean' lol

May 9, 2022 4:53 AM

Jun 2016
Zero has become a thicc sexy lady <3
Franz_FurantsuMay 9, 2022 5:25 AM
May 9, 2022 12:48 PM

Feb 2019
Quite the half-assed episode. Yes, shocking that the 2 main characters back from the previous series aren't evil, but they literally just yada yada'd over both Boobs and Lizard being 'tested.' Yeah, they sure showed their resolve… offscreen somewhere when being threatened once. Oh, and you're telling me that countless people have been tested like this and all failed. Well, gee, what tremendous resolve they have by… resisting when threatened. Oh, but they wanted to get rid of them all because they're too awesome? Just send out these ticking timebombs into the world on their own? Yeah, that also totally makes sense.

You had a good argument there for killing them for the safety of the world, and all manner of ways the protagonists could have argued their own self-worth, self-determination, or general goodness, particularly since two of them are a bit suicidal, and the only one you chose to focus on was the one dude who decided to be suicidal but was stopped with fanservice partway. Instead, we spend half the episode copying the first 10 minutes of Any Atelier Game Ever, practically verbatim, before an out-of-nowhere infodump of Angsty's tragic past and family tree of evilest wizards. Okay, so… you see the seeds of evil in him too somewhere? That seems like something we could've done instead of a five minute stare off into discussion about how they have to open up an atelier and do requests for the townsfolk.
May 10, 2022 3:28 AM

Nov 2012
This is it, after the return of Zero, this killed all my interest on this show, cant like the characters, cant stand the "new" Zero, such a shame.

My Candies:

May 10, 2022 5:35 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, Loli kiss outta no where.

Too bad tho, Loli wasn't a match against Zero.

And they all passed the test, that apparently failed everyone else from before...

What I am wondering is... what did they mean by "last 3 remaining student"... does that mean if our MC failed, they will no longer send people for the Field Program? Thus ending "Zero's adventure"?

(tho... judging by the reveal afterwards... I think they'll pass Sayb regardless)

I Laugh at the fact Kudo's head lights up every time he gets excited. LOL

___ ___ ___

So... Sayb's memory lost was actually done by himself so he wouldn't remember his own mother being killed by a witch that also died.

And apparently Sayb's the son of the apparently evil villain... hmm... Star War's plot? LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 19, 2022 2:22 PM

Nov 2016
Onee-chan Zero > smol Zero

She and Youhei didn't fool anyone with their little act

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2022 9:07 PM
Oct 2019
that was a good episode. a lot happened

i was confused how zero saved this kid back in the day yet was now a bad witch, and the head master back at the witch academy was suggested to be bad in the previous episode as well? it wasn't making sense to me, but i won't say i knew it was a trick (because i didn't...i just knew i was confused). the beastman and the priest all are fighter/warrior types w/ histories

that kiss with sloppy drool tongue...wtf...

zero being half naked the later half of the episode

dude has so much magical power that he literally overloaded a witch who tried to steal his power haha. french fried witchy

all 3 of the students are going to be uber badasses...potentially

dude is zero's nephew and thirteen's son...alrighty then
HagePotPotatoMay 19, 2022 9:29 PM
Jul 2, 2022 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
W8 the girl smaller then Sensei is 20 WHAAAAAAT? she looks like 5y old lol

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
If anyone wants a good laugh. Watch this /read comments
https://youtube.com/shorts/tNKTPU0bAt8?feature=share

i commented to, but its possible its hidden (it happens on YT, never know when it happens) so here it is:
no understanding of art, it doesn't bother me, and some1 once in comments said who yells the loudest about it has that issue that they see child certain way and feels quilt at the same time, and i feel that this sentence has grain of truth more i see ppl make it in to issue

sensei is just small adult, adult with small body, ppl like that exist in real life to

amlg said:
LOL, Loli kiss outta no where.

Too bad tho, Loli wasn't a match against Zero.

And they all passed the test, that apparently failed everyone else from before...

What I am wondering is... what did they mean by "last 3 remaining student"... does that mean if our MC failed, they will no longer send people for the Field Program? Thus ending "Zero's adventure"?

(tho... judging by the reveal afterwards... I think they'll pass Sayb regardless)

I Laugh at the fact Kudo's head lights up every time he gets excited. LOL

___ ___ ___

So... Sayb's memory lost was actually done by himself so he wouldn't remember his own mother being killed by a witch that also died.

And apparently Sayb's the son of the apparently evil villain... hmm... Star War's plot? LOL

HagePotPotato said:
that was a good episode. a lot happened

i was confused how zero saved this kid back in the day yet was now a bad witch, and the head master back at the witch academy was suggested to be bad in the previous episode as well? it wasn't making sense to me, but i won't say i knew it was a trick (because i didn't...i just knew i was confused). the beastman and the priest all are fighter/warrior types w/ histories

that kiss with sloppy drool tongue...wtf...

zero being half naked the later half of the episode

dude has so much magical power that he literally overloaded a witch who tried to steal his power haha. french fried witchy

all 3 of the students are going to be uber badasses...potentially

dude is zero's nephew and thirteen's son...alrighty then

some1 should have mentioned that kiss later, would have been fun to see Holt loose it lol
Sugram22Jul 2, 2022 2:56 PM
Jul 16, 2022 3:23 AM

Jul 2015
Not a suprise to see it was a test all along but what was shocking was finding out Thirteen is Sayb's father. Oh and also Roux suddenly going in for a sloppy kiss

Sep 6, 2022 3:27 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I was starting to figure that it was a test or something like it at some point. Unfortunately, anything from previous content is lost on me as I didn't watch anything related to this as far as I know. I'm actually not fond of how we actually spent all this time on something that was kinda just a test, but it's whatever. We'll see how the rest goes.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 16, 2023 10:17 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And looks like it was correct to assume it was all a test, Zero played the evil witch role well except the evil voice she was doing wasn’t that convincing lol. The part where she pretended to use a big attack but it was actually confetti was funny tho, and it was a wholesome reveal too with Hort being alive and the evil village turning out to be a nice one.

And Loux literally giving Sable mad tongue to transfer magic was awesome lol, and lord Zero is an absolute babe with that midriff revealing outfit and exposed thighs. And Sable’s backstory was interesting for sure, the fact his power melted a witch is pretty metal, I hope we get to see that in full detail eventually.
Jun 24, 2023 10:29 AM
Nov 2021
ZERO IS SO HOT I COULD DIE
Feb 3, 5:06 AM
Aug 2023
It looks like this anime is all good now, first few episodes were pretty rough though, they were doing a poor job then. But now it feels like Grimoire of Zero level.

It was kind of obvious to me that the Mercenary was "playing the villain", so I anticipated it was all a test. I couldn't stop laughing at Loux really taking advantage of the situation by kissing Saybil, and then even going the extra mile with excessive tongue action. That loli cougar has really grown on me, LOL. That end credits scene talk was pretty good too. As for the talk about Thirteen, I'm guessing, but isn't it obvious that he's...

Small nitpick, but it looks like an animator got lazy with the globe behind Albus, that's clearly a globe of Earth showing the continents of Africa and Eurasia.

It's good to see Zero finally grew into those boots of hers. In Grimoire of Zero, her boots were excessively too big for her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

61 by Eshindid »»
Apr 22, 10:17 AM

Poll: » What do you think about Mahoutsukai Reimeiki characters?

Shizuna - Apr 11

0 by Shizuna »»
Apr 11, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

29 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 4, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

16 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 4, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Reimeiki Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

39 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 3, 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.