Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 10, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Leon is pretty much playing his life like an otome game. Hardly surprising to see anyway and slightly amusing to see him trying to act like a prince.

Olivia seems like a kind and gentle girl compared to some of the others. I'm not impressed by the storytelling yet but it seems they're fleshing out more characters and their screen time. Marie might also be someone to watch out for.
Apr 10, 2022 7:00 AM
Mar 2016
They shorten most of the side event.. and 3 side character introduction but this is to be expect from 12 episode I guess.

from the source reader perspective, they does show the event that lead to the first showdown properly
but people who watch this for the first time probably find a hard time to relate to each characters
Apr 10, 2022 7:02 AM

Jul 2017
Leon is really playing his life like the Otome Game, since he's pretty much in one.

Being a baron, he's finally entered into the world of the otome game academy as a mob, and experiencing the game's events and dialogues in real time with the noblemen and women. Being educated in their ways, Leon really doesn't care for such intricacies, but does anyways if it gives him an edge. The girls that Leon invited however...looks a lot like drag girls lols.

Leon witnessing the commoner scholarship protagonist Olivia being bullied, and although that's part of the game's story that he doesn't want to interfere with, he just can't help but be sympathetic to her to help her be invited to Angelica's tea party by hook or by crook.

It's even more clear that in the dungeon, Leon and Olivia are designed to be a mob, but Marie's position around the prince is a sour sight in the face of fiancé Angelica, and his circle of noble friends are just as described. It's clear that the prince fancies Marie more than Angelica, and Olivia might just be Leon's fancy as well.

This Otome Game is NOT going the way that Leon wants it to be...who is Marie actually???
Apr 10, 2022 7:31 AM
Oct 2016
Leon starting to notice more this world isn't following the otome game exactly. Things are starting to diverse which is when it gets tricky. Leon is heading into uncharted territory seeing things different from the game. Befriending the game's protagonist wasn't high on Leon list of priorities but Olivia seems like a sweet girl. Just trying to get by in a hostile snobby school environment. Being the lowly scholarship student while everyone else paid their way in. Its tough seeing someone sweet as Olivia get bullied, I'm glad that Leon decided to invite her to his tea party. Which those seem more like marriage introduction ceremonies than actual tea parties. If the ladies like the tea party enough they might choose that guy as their husband. So further showing females have more power in this world since the males must put on this grand display while the females choose their spouse freewill. I started to feel bad for Angelica throughout this episode. Definitely by the end after we saw that smirk from Marie. Angelica doesn't seem to fit that stereotypical mean girl antagonist, she genuinely cares for the prince and wants to keep him safe. Marie though has some kind of trick up her sleeve.
Apr 10, 2022 7:33 AM

Sep 2018
Oh my word, this is shit.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 10, 2022 7:36 AM
Apr 2022
I’m thinking of starting this anime?? Can I have truth thoughts if I should or not?
Apr 10, 2022 7:37 AM
Mar 2016
hamza_1300 said:
I’m thinking of starting this anime?? Can I have truth thoughts if I should or not?

low budget with popular source material
Apr 10, 2022 7:39 AM

Nov 2014
So yeah people were coping episode 1. This is already turning into Detective is Already Dead 2.0
Apr 10, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
Honestly this wasn't so bad, I can see why the LN is so popular, and after talking with people who read it they all said its pretty good.

The problem is that the production is very bad and its your typical Engi ruining LN adaptations.
Apr 10, 2022 7:56 AM
Feb 2014
I bet any kind of money that this girl who after the prince is a reincarnation as well. That played the game probably
Apr 10, 2022 8:07 AM

May 2021
this ep was kinda decent but due to ENGI's reputation of ruining adaptations, this is looking bleak (i hope not cause i love its source material very much)
Apr 10, 2022 8:07 AM

Jul 2021
I really can't stop laughing with the dialogue choices, it's pretty amusing but the worldbuilding here is just getting started. Olivia getting bullied was a bad sign but glad Leon invited her to the tea party, I kinda do like that cave scene where Olivia and Leon were set up in the 2nd half but the slaughtering segments are meh visually though I kinda do like with those explosive sparkly effects when they were attacking ye. Marie is big sus in the cliffhanger.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 10, 2022 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
I'm intrigued more and more by this story. So both Leon and the Prince suffered the same injury yet Marie who is a different character in the game that Leon played is the Heroine to them and Olivia the OG Heroine is actually treating him. I king of dig that because it opens up a lot of questions.

I like Angelica a lot. I think shes a very interesting character as she only puts on the Antagonist front, kind of like how Catarina was.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 10, 2022 8:28 AM
Apr 2018
hamza_1300 said:

its a bad or at least low budget adaptation from a pretty good light novel/manga
Apr 10, 2022 8:35 AM
Sep 2015
Ep 2 is better now that it take place in academy. One of the most interesting thing about this anime is that despite it has "Otome Game" in its title, I think the target audience is male, straight male to be precise. It's probably because our MC is a mob character so he can look at the situation as a third eye view. I'm wondering if Marie is Leon's sister in real world, or probably someone in real world who play this game and know all the event. I'd do the same too because I want to be with that men harem even if those men are shallow.
Apr 10, 2022 8:40 AM

Nov 2021
mickbis said:
They shorten most of the side event.. and 3 side character introduction but this is to be expect from 12 episode I guess.

from the source reader perspective, they does show the event that lead to the first showdown properly
but people who watch this for the first time probably find a hard time to relate to each characters

True.
Is it just me or is the manga a whole lot better than the anime?
Apr 10, 2022 8:41 AM

Mar 2012
Well after 2 ep i think i can make a pretty good judgement.

I will admit this adaptation is defiantly struggling with poor animation, lower than average but not the worst i have seen.

Pace wise, while i have not read the original ln i have read the manga version and so far it has been good in that regard, adapting on average 3 chapters of the manga per episode and it has been pretty good.

I enjoy this series so as long as the adaptation at least is consistent and keeps most of the stuff i read in the anime, i can def enjoy it, i certainly have so far.

I guess for anime onlies with the poor animation and rather slow and typical start it should be expected that not everyone is going to jump for it, my advice if this still does not please by ep 3 to 4, you should just stop but i can tell you it does get better and better as it goes on.

Voice acting is really good, they managed to capture the essence of the mc quite well, soundtrack is rather lacking and simple tough.

Bottom line: I think im going to stick with it, even with the pointed issues as long as the adaptation is done right and keep the character traits intact, il enjoy as almost as the manga. I still need to read the ln i would like a perspective from someone who read the original book as well to weigh in.

7.5/10
Apr 10, 2022 8:53 AM
Mar 2016
Kaiyo_Shounen said:
mickbis said:

True.

Manga is pretty much drawing by a good passionate good artist while ENGI anime took a "weird art direction" combine with "low budget"
the pacing is good enough I give them that not a despair level yet
but manga art is on different level in term of overall design
Apr 10, 2022 9:20 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Leon taking care of an island that he found and when he goes to see his father he discovers that instead of being a baronet he is going to become a baron and he realizes that there is something wrong that has
Apr 10, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
Leon coming to the academy and he invites Olivia to his tea party.She is a nice girl.It seems like Marie is replacing Olivia in her scenes.Leon has also noticed it.Angelica is also pretty interesting character.

Apr 10, 2022 9:39 AM

Feb 2022
Marie is someone to look out for. I feel like she is someone who got teleported into the game.

𝓢𝓮𝓽 𝓫𝔂 𝓐𝓻𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓾

Apr 10, 2022 10:17 AM

May 2013
Gotta love that this butler-esque looking teacher, literally boring the MC to death in his lecture, manages to woo the MC with a tea party xD.
Apr 10, 2022 10:19 AM

Nov 2021
mickbis said:
hamza_1300 said:

Wait is the source actually popular ?
how many sales if you know ?
I'm curious
Apr 10, 2022 10:27 AM
Mar 2016
Pred8r said:
mickbis said:

I'm curious

The light novel series has sold at least 760,000 copies in total as of June 17, 2021.[58]

-- source wiki
mickbisApr 10, 2022 11:19 AM
Apr 10, 2022 10:29 AM

Nov 2021
mickbis said:
Pred8r said:

I'm curious

The light novel series has sold at least 760,000 copies in total as of June 17, 2021.[58]

-- source wiki
Wait wtf
How in the world does this type of anime have 700k+ copies in circulation lol I'm surprised
Apr 10, 2022 10:31 AM
Nov 2017
This episode was alright. I can see why this LN would be popular as the show is good, I hope the adaptation is good. Also, i wonder who Marie is, I have a feeling she is also a reincarnation like Leon.
Apr 10, 2022 10:34 AM
Mar 2016
Pred8r said:
mickbis said:

-- source wiki
Wait wtf
How in the world does this type of anime have 700k+ copies in circulation lol I'm surprised

I would recommend you to search for Manga/Light Novel feedback
and all of them have high score....
everything is actually well written and plan out
Apr 10, 2022 10:37 AM

Nov 2021
mickbis said:
Pred8r said:
Wait wtf

Ohh so the adaptation is mediocre if that's the case
That's sad
I'm not gonna lie the plot is actually somewhat interesting tho the character designs are questionable
Apr 10, 2022 10:43 AM
Mar 2016
Pred8r said:
mickbis said:

Ohh so the adaptation is mediocre if that's the case
That's sad
I'm not gonna lie the plot is actually somewhat interesting tho the character designs are questionable

the problems at the moment is just the art and low budget animation really,
12 episode format didn't help much either since a lot of dialogue is cut due to the limited time.

You can search the comparison and see why source reader lament about anime art.
some believe it anime studio weird decision on having this new design
but the original art is as clean as it can get
both human character and mecha
Apr 10, 2022 10:57 AM

Jun 2021
Oh no, my otome game boys have turned into lolicons, the animation
Apr 10, 2022 11:19 AM

Jun 2020
1st episode was more like a prologue, now is when the plot REALLY starts. Like with the previous one they King Crimson'ed some explanation and introduction.
I think the weirdest design i've seen so far was Leon's shishou, but as a character he's awesome. Meanwhile Marie seems to look actually decent, with Olivia being 2nd "best" design... ugh this frickin' Marie always gives me mixed feelings of "must hug" and "must Will Smith her face". Ayane Sakura's sexy voice makes me even more confused.
Apr 10, 2022 11:20 AM
Mar 2016
Pred8r said:
mickbis said:

-- source wiki
Wait wtf

oh my previous sales is outdated
currently it 1.3 Million by 15 March

source https://book-rank.net/rank/data.cgi?mode=rank&word=4896377532
Apr 10, 2022 11:29 AM

Sep 2021
So the plot of this anime is interesting, but yeah ENGI really lacks in the animation, draw style and direction.

But i will keep watching because of the plot
Apr 10, 2022 12:50 PM
May 2020
mickbis said:
Pred8r said:
Wait wtf

It has one of the best M adaptation too LN wise, so that definitely says something. Even big ip's like SAO don't have good manga adapatations.
Apr 10, 2022 12:52 PM
May 2020
mickbis said:
Kaiyo_Shounen said:

True.

Manga is pretty much drawing by a good passionate good artist while ENGI anime took a "weird art direction" combine with "low budget"
the pacing is good enough I give them that not a despair level yet
but manga art is on different level in term of overall design

This has probably one of the top tier manga adapations an LN has ever revieved especially when it comes to Isekai LN. Heck even SAO don't have manga adaptations as good as this one.
Apr 10, 2022 1:04 PM
Nov 2020
2nd episode’s animation seems kinda ass
Apr 10, 2022 1:29 PM

Mar 2012
Sonson7 said:
mickbis said:

It has one of the best M adaptation too LN wise, so that definitely says something. Even big ip's like SAO don't have good manga adapatations.

Than it clarifies the pace has been good, it is the animation is that is the problem.
Apr 10, 2022 1:51 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Marie definitely is suspicious and she seems to have taken the game's real protagonist, Olivia's role. I wonder just what she is planning...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 10, 2022 1:56 PM

Jan 2009
ravenLin666 said:
2nd episode’s animation seems kinda ass

The animation is overall the weakest part, the pacing is pretty good so far though, cutting unimportant stuff for time that can be cut while not cutting important parts.

Time will tell if it keeps this pace, but if it keeps at this pace it will end at a good point for the season.
Apr 10, 2022 2:41 PM
Sep 2021
I'm dumb so I had to look up what a baronet is, it's just a rank below baron. I think it was nice that the MC was trying to be a mob in the games storyline. he even made normal friends..I hope.

his conversations with his robot assistant are enjoyable and that Marie girl looks like trouble. I think I'll keep watching
UC33Apr 10, 2022 5:12 PM
Apr 10, 2022 2:51 PM
May 2021
I kinda have a feeling that Marie is an isekai character like Leon.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Apr 10, 2022 2:54 PM

Oct 2021
Poor Leon, should be in regular class meeting a decent girl. But now, he has to marry someone like Zora because he is in advance class lmao.
Apr 10, 2022 3:30 PM

Apr 2021
I don't think the animation is that bad for the kind of anime this is (honestly better than first episode of shield hero). The eyes apparently are unnerving for some people but I didn't mind. Apparently the manga and LN are better but that's the usual for this type of show. Pacing and story wise it's been actually fine so far, better than most other isekais (or non isekai fantasies that feel like isekai) from this year.

Apparently the studio is known for butchering stuff, but imo the critics are being too harsh on this one solely based on the character design and the studio background.

Only 2 episodes in but def better than average. At least by now I'd give this a 7 give or take.

-

About this ep: I bet the loli girl (Marie?) also is someone who got isekai'd after playing the game, and knows all of its tricks, but differently than our MC she's aiming to be the main girl of the game instead of the basic background character. She seems a bit off, probably not a good person since she actually finished this shitty game. (Leon was bmed into it so he's in the clear lmao).
lipeeeflApr 10, 2022 3:38 PM
Apr 10, 2022 3:49 PM
Sep 2018
Well... as a reader of the novel, i could feel that this episode was kinda rushed like, there was no introduction to leon's friends, but still the main things are there so, cool for now.
Apr 10, 2022 4:00 PM

Dec 2021
I can feel Marie is Leon sister before he enter the otome game, Cant wait to see Prince duel with Leon basically already diverge from otome game story hehe

Yea detected already dead 2.0 i guess, ENGI try to do "other art style"
Apr 10, 2022 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
Leon's knowledge of the game landed him a place in nobility. He's seen all the situations involving the boys unfold before him except the player character Olivia is replaced with some loli named Marie, yet Olivia also exists in this world.

Is Marie his sister playing the game? Leon's been stuck in the game world for 10 years. Would he forget his real sister's face to the point that Marie only looks familiar but not instantly recognizable? Maybe a combination of that and his sister's playing an updated version or DLC with character customization?

Marie is doing what Olivia would've done (such as heal the prince), but Leon's presence has altered the situation, so Olivia instead heals Leon.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 10, 2022 4:49 PM

Nov 2012
I'm liking that he's experiencing some differences from the game.

I think Marie is another reincarnate.
Apr 10, 2022 4:58 PM

Aug 2020
It was pretty bad but seeing Olivia's personality made me want to watch more

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 10, 2022 7:54 PM
Mar 2021
Is the pacing a little too fast feel like it’s is
Apr 10, 2022 8:07 PM
Jun 2014
I think this episode this time there is an improvement from the previous one. Although there is still a lot to improve, especially the graphics part. For the broadcast many scenes were cut from the story, so there is a kind of plot missing and needs to be detailed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» About the art

TheUnkovvn - May 4, 2022

41 by ryoko6 »»
Apr 18, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2022

71 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2022

121 by Buchta »»
Feb 21, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2022

160 by Ricky16 »»
Jan 27, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.