Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 2022 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
The destruction of Solomon's kingdom as we know it, by the usual demon herd, but in full CGI. And they have no choice but to declare war, holding the fort while Mira makes her way back from the Forest.

Even with Solomon and Luminaria, there're only Three Wise Men against one ugly-ass CGI raid dragon beast, and this is where Mira pits all of her skills as the greatest sage Wise Men Danblf into play, all 3 worked together as former players to take down the beast which isn't easy at all.

All up for tea-time when all is said and done, and continuing to find the rest of the Wise Men, that's Mira's lifelong quest.

Eh, not the best but quite typical for Studio A-CAT standards...which is average at best.
Mar 29, 2022 8:58 AM

Feb 2020
Very good finale.

For me, this was the biggest surprise of the season. I don't know, but I just loved this show and all the characters so much, especially Mira and the Cat Sith. :)
Mar 29, 2022 9:12 AM

Mar 2013
The rating for MAL may not really be that good, however, I had a lot of fun and enjoyment watching this series. Man, if there were a sequel, say no more, I will watch it! but I hope they would fix those uncanny animation.

The inner voices of Solomon was really hilarious... XD

Ending it with a party raid was stunning.

Though, that last part of "I'm cute" statement was really cringe. lol

CrazyButNot4UMar 29, 2022 9:21 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 29, 2022 9:39 AM
Oct 2020
Eh... the quality of the finale was mediocre and feels rushed.

Overall, story was fine, characters were fine, but quality and pacing was lacking.

5/10 - Would meh again.
Mar 29, 2022 9:39 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly the things that's still completely beyond me was that terrible first episode which featured Mira's life before she became a girl, this wasn't featured in the Light Novel nore the manga so why was it in the anime.
It was a disaster.
And the effects of that where still seeable in this episode they didn't even have time to properly explain what was going on this episode was just rushing a lot of scenes into a single episode.
Which made this anime which had a lot of promise into something average i just hope this wont effect future genderbenders as there are some really good light novels in the genre.

But i guess we will have to see in the future.
Mar 29, 2022 9:50 AM

Dec 2010
I kinda enjoyed it, and in no thanks due to the abysmal animation and non-existent direction. The only reason I could even stomach watching this trainwreck is because of the thoroughly entertaining story crafted by the author. But that in itself just makes me despair even more, because if this garbage could be enjoyable, just how much more would I have enjoyed a good, or even just average, adaptation? Studio A-CAT should never be allowed to make another anime.
Mar 29, 2022 10:11 AM
Jul 2021
“Meh” is a great descriptor of this utter mediocre Isekai power fantasy. There were a few good points like when the MC was exploring Soul Howard’s castle alone (nice atmosphere with a touch of trepidation), and I’m probably one of the few who liked the silent montage in the first episode, but the story and visuals really let this down. I also constantly got plot points confused with Leadle a lot and vise versa, that’s how generic they were.

My biggest problem with this one was how the MC had virtually no adjustment process towards becoming a girl, beyond some half hearted protests against frilly dresses and the weird urination fetish the author apparently has. She even made a natural covergirl pose when riding that dragon a few episodes back; I was constantly forgetting it was supposed to be a former old man character. Compare to the other gender bender this season where that MC very much behaves like a guy throughout and is unnaturally over-top when trying to act womanly.

Still not as bad as Kenja no Mago or Isekai Smartphone though. 5/10.
Mar 29, 2022 10:25 AM

May 2021
Great episode! The ugly CGI dragon finally got destroyed by Mira ad her summons. The meteor attack didn't destroy it instantly surprisingly a lot xD.
Pam wanting a hug before buffing Solomon was funny.

This show was decent but nothing more really. At least for me it was enjoyable though a decent amount. I don't think we will get a season 2 but I wouldn't be opposed to it if we did.
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 29, 2022 10:57 AM
Aug 2012
Series wasn't bad, and wasn't great. 6/10. Don't think I would watch a season 2 of it. Could have used more jokes about him playing a young girl character
Mar 29, 2022 11:11 AM

Jan 2012
And so Danblf/Mira and her two other buddies defeat a hideous cg abomination as we end this rather bland, mediocre, and ultimately forgettable little series. 6/10

Yeah, I really don't have much else to say about it. XD
Mar 29, 2022 11:12 AM

Dec 2013
The show grew on me as more episodes aired but still super meh, I liked it more when it was all about MC and her summons and didn't care about the main plot at all.
Mar 29, 2022 12:15 PM
Mar 2019
i enjoy with this anime. but its similar than others
Mar 29, 2022 1:11 PM
Apr 2020
This final episode is an unmitigated shame.
We see nothing from the goblin "army" and the final fight cgi is worse than the goblin army in overlord
Mar 29, 2022 4:25 PM
Dec 2021
This is a good anime and i enjoyed this a good amount.
Mar 29, 2022 6:23 PM
Jul 2015
Honestly that big final fight felt like it was ripped out of a VN rather than being from an actual anime. The whole time I was just thinking "Okay, next slide please."

I enjoyed the story well enough, but I definitely had a lot of issues with the animations being so clunky. Overall, it was okay-to-mediocre.
Mar 29, 2022 7:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah yes an all out attack from your beloved old man disguised as a loli under the raid boss situations. I thought Solomon won't never get a chance in action. Its good to know Pam return to satisfied my eyes around all that cg. Yes cg...

All in all, if only the visuals are better, my enjoyment shall be high upper on the sky. But holy shit man, nothing i can do to stop that 3d goblin rampaging, and then those white pale dragon. Maybe reading the source can cleanse up my mind over that nightmares? Oh yeah, maybe someday later...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 29, 2022 9:03 PM

Jan 2017
Very meh final fight with the CG + many still frames + barely audible music. Now to wait for English LN vol 4 to come out on June so I can have a better experience than this mediocre adaptation
Mar 30, 2022 2:15 AM

Oct 2007
liking how they showed the faces of the valkyries inside the helmets. Anyway, decent final fight. Need to weaken the hp of that black dragon first, then summon Eisenfald to finish it off.

and I guess Mira likes being a loli instead of an old man. She is indeed cute. lol

8/10

Mar 30, 2022 4:32 AM

Jun 2021
Let's take a moment to appreciate the lack of a pee reference in the last episode. That was nice of them.
Mar 31, 2022 3:31 AM

Oct 2019
Despite all of the hate about this show, I'd say the background artists did great job, in my personal opinion, some landscapes are top notch visual on par (probably) with Zestria by ufotable.

But yeah.. the CGI is horrible it's on Arifureta level.
andrearionaMar 31, 2022 4:10 AM
Mar 31, 2022 4:15 AM

Nov 2019
Glad I didn't end up dropping this during that absolutely dire first episode.

It manages to recover quite nicely with its general comedy style and large cast of amusing characters. That said, the animation quality never gets any better and the action scenes are a consistent low point.
Mar 31, 2022 6:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Mira's whole-ass invocation CGI army against a huge CGI dragon, I think this is a good summary of this show and why it was bad. 3/10
Mar 31, 2022 7:20 AM
Mar 2012
random peace treaty & other kingdoms? they never showed them before.
lol that mystery summoners disguise.
full ugg cg, at least Mira & others fight in their shown limitations.
hey chunlee again in ed.
Such disjointed slow plot, forgot Clausen, spirits, forget warring kingdoms, didn't collect any of 9 wise men (Mira found Meyrin but...). Maybe it more enjoyable as some sol adventure of sidequests, mc that player who ignores the mainquest.
Highlight's the fun characters tho, Mira chill isekai mc never annoying, relationships with Pam, Mariana & Tact quite heartwarming.
Apr 2, 2022 6:50 PM

Nov 2009
Well, as usual

While everyone seems to be easily eliminating the horde of goblins, they're still way outnumbered and the only real way to win is with Mira's ultra OP-ness

Pretty much without Mira, all they can do is stall, lol

___ ___ ___

Then we got Dragon Raid Boss fight.

And Mira shows off her full Summons like she did back in episode one when she was still playing the game as the old dude.

We've gone full loop.

PAM still best summon. I want to hug her too, so cute.

Kinda interesting how Mira's dragon is stronger than the Raid Boss... lol... should have just used the dragon in the beginning to begin with.

___ ___ ___

And it ends with Mira in twintails... I wonder if Mira did that herself or was she caught by the maids again, lol

Mira heading out to go on more adventure and having loads of fun with her chibi Tiger mascot summon.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 3, 2022 9:30 PM

Oct 2013
This show sucked floppy donkey dick! Absolutely horrible, so please for the greater good don't ever let there be a S2.
I don't understand how anyone can rate this over a 5, for me it gets a 2 and that's generous. This show, Land of Leadale and Strong sage weak crest we're the three worst animes this season.

Sadly the only memorable thing about this show will be the strange running "joke" where she has to piss at weird times or places.

The gender bender part wasn't even that big a deal for this show unlike ordinary guy fantasy knockout.

I'll leave you with this meme which sums up this show.
Apr 4, 2022 2:34 AM

Nov 2019
Collins89 said:
The gender bender part wasn't even that big a deal for this show unlike ordinary guy fantasy knockout.

I don't think there's any actual gender bending to begin with. If you look at the brief flashback scene showing their 'real life' bodies at the movie theater, it seems like the protagonist could be a girl.

Meaning the only gender bending was with the original appearance.
Apr 5, 2022 5:31 PM

Nov 2009
Offkorn said:
Collins89 said:

I don't think there's any actual gender bending to begin with. If you look at the brief flashback scene showing their 'real life' bodies at the movie theater, it seems like the protagonist could be a girl.

Actually, Mira is most likely a guy.

Remember, Mira started out the series being embarrassed to go use the toilet.

And Mira at the beginning and the end did the full loop of saying "I am cute"

Unless Mira is a narcissist... the only reason she would say she's "cute" is cause she's either a guy or ugly in real life....
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 6, 2022 11:30 PM

Jul 2021
Well, this certainly didn't feel like the end. Not really looking forward to a second season but won't mind it if we do get a second season whose chances seem really low.

Mira went all out with her fighting and those action scenes were great. The CGI was still bad though.

Nothing else to say. Overall, 6/10.
TsutanaiFuunApr 6, 2022 11:36 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 9, 2022 3:02 PM

Dec 2016
Aversa said:
Which made this anime which had a lot of promise into something average i just hope this wont effect future genderbenders as there are some really good light novels in the genre.

But i guess we will have to see in the future.

Considering we got Fantasy Knockout in the same season and adaptation of Ayakashi Triangle and "Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire ♀" were announced also Youjo Senki will get second season, genderbender subgenre seems safe.

Offkorn said:
Collins89 said:

If they didn't changed story compared to LN then MC was male in real life.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 9, 2022 5:22 PM

Nov 2019
amlg said:
Unless Mira is a narcissist... the only reason she would say she's "cute" is cause she's either a guy or ugly in real life....

That, along with the 'I can't believe my tastes were revealed' bits, read more like the old tomboy girl trope of "I look awful in cute/girly clothes".

Nieznajomy43 said:

Huh, good to know. They really don't come across that way... but then, thinking about it, I suppose neither did Kashimashi's protagonist.
Apr 9, 2022 5:50 PM

Dec 2016

Nieznajomy43 said:

Huh, good to know. They really don't come across that way... but then, thinking about it, I suppose neither did Kashimashi's protagonist.[/quote]

This Kashimashi seems interesting and added to my PTW list. Thanks, for showing it to me.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 10, 2022 5:54 PM
Jul 2008
Pretty interesting anime but the story was quite rushed. Is the main character parody of Gandalf lol? I want to see more story about the fairy and elf.

I hope they will make next season.
Apr 12, 2022 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
Well, is nice that some poeple enjoyed this show even if I didn't.

Just gonna add that Luminaria was my favorite part of it
Apr 12, 2022 11:52 AM

Jan 2008
If not for the atrocious cgi fight scenes, the show would have been enjoyable as just another seasonal junkfood isekai. Ended up skipping about every fight scene or tabbing away during them.

The overall show sure had a lot of moments emphasizing Mira going to or having to pee. Not sure if that's something part of the original series or something the staff decided to include.

Kind of lame they teased certain characters and we basically never got to see them or see them again.
Apr 14, 2022 7:07 PM

Oct 2008
I found the story and the setting quite interesting, but the poor quality production really hurt it overall.
Apr 15, 2022 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
Easy enjoyable anime.

Not being your usual male main chracter is a big plus in my opinion.

7.5/10
Apr 19, 2022 8:26 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
🤔 I must say, as poor as the production values were throughout the rest of this series, episode 12 really went above and beyond…

…to drive home just how truly wretched everything about this show was 😑
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 9, 2022 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
The author sure had a weird obsession with pee. Other than that, this was an enjoyable (ignoring the cgi monsters) yet forgettable series involving our gandalf turned loli protagonist Mira.

Jul 4, 2022 9:11 PM

Dec 2020
Ehhh I think this was rated too harshly but also not without reason. I think the main offendees are the ones who read previous light novel or manga sources as this would be a terrible adaptation.

Putting aside the jank cgi and the rough start of the first couple eps, if you go in expecting something just small and fun than it really wasn't that bad.

Everything was basically a set up for something down the road, no real story, just a cute girl with fun summons going on random quests. Oh and if you have a pee fetish you'll probably love this lmao
Jul 10, 2022 9:14 AM

Apr 2011
It was average but a fun show. The animation quality and CGI are terrible but at least I get to see Mira and the cast come to life as I was waiting for this to get animated.

Time for me to hit back reading the manga adaptation again.
Jul 13, 2022 11:34 AM

Nov 2020
A few things about this series bothered me, but nothing was worse than that god awful animation for the monsters.
Jul 16, 2022 3:38 AM
Mar 2016
this isn't isekai. it's still a game. the character didn't reincarnate or summon to another world. 30 years huh then the real character would be too old already to play any VRMMORPG.
Jul 16, 2022 3:48 AM
Mar 2016
Boring so boring. this anime better be off as isekai reincarnated in a world of Ark Earth Online. rather than some weird 30 years npc is alive and you can smell and eat and taste.
makes no sense. nothing is mentioning that if characters in real life is death or alive or old or young. no mention if the game is advance to more science or some crap. I watched 2 episodes. and it's super boring. can't believe during its airing it's simul Dub. both dub and sub are air at the same time.
Jul 19, 2022 4:53 PM
Jul 2021
i need a second season
Jul 23, 2022 11:18 PM
Feb 2020
After watching the whole series, I can without a doubt say this was very enjoyable. -2 for constant talk of watersports, though.
Jul 27, 2022 2:46 AM

Jun 2021
Well, that was a pretty fun series for what it was. Pam was adorable and that that cat was very cute too. Not sure if this will ever get a second series, but I honestly wouldn’t mind it.
Aug 26, 2022 10:50 PM

Sep 2021
Comment on series as a whole: The fight scenes are poor in quality. On a scale of unwatchable-very bad-bad-average, i would give it a bad rating. Particularly of note is the cartoonish blood (or lackthereof) and the funny bits where a monster is split in 2 and you can really tell they literally just cut up the CG into 2. This is at least slightly better than Shikkakumon (Weakest Crest) which was in the same season in terms of animation quality for the fight scenes. In regards to general animation, it is still rather average with a genrous amount of CGI applied to make up for places where poor animation can be slightly seen. The only redeeming feature would have to be the cute MC (Mira not Danbalf).

If you had read the light novel you might be disappointed with the amount of material cut, skipped and glossed over. Episode 1 at the beginning did nicely at setting up the world but it pretty much went downhill from there in terms of adaptation. If you had not read the light novel, those little details and cut content may not seem to matter much but the last episode should seem a little overboard. I mean, all of a sudden, we get the time-space distortions we just talked about and monsters appearing all over the place without any explanations given as to how or why this is happening.

This whole event just seemed set-up just for the sake of having a somewhat epic battle of our protagonists fighting against a large horde of enemies culminating in a raid boss at the end (btw, the events of the last episode did not happen in the light novel as of the point of adaptation). It was unnecessary. The music is rather average as well, failing to really hype up the battles (from my perspective).
Oct 25, 2022 4:36 PM

Aug 2008
Awful CG-filled finale to an awful show.
Nov 21, 2022 8:57 AM

Jun 2019
My 201st series completed chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 2/10 rating.
Feb 10, 2023 4:17 PM
Jan 2023
I enjoyed watching it but it could have had a better ending...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 18, 2022

94 by 88NickC »»
Apr 8, 1:43 PM

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - Apr 5

9 by ejleon »»
Apr 7, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2022

155 by ProfGunk »»
Mar 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 22, 2022

20 by Mattinator95 »»
Jul 12, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 1, 2022

22 by jenkitsune »»
Apr 24, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.