Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2010 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was kinda hoping he'd go to Seishu, but I wasn't really expecting it. I hope they pick up at least 1 other person who can pitch worth a damn, otherwise this is just going to be more of Goro pushing himself so hard that everyone around him worries he'll blow out his last shoulder.

I hope that we don't have the "Goro sucks at teams" episode again, its getting a bit tired.

liked it overall though
May 15, 2010 8:01 PM

Sep 2008
I'm actually a little excited since there might actually be a little more romance in this season. The ratio to boys and girls must seem like heaven to the boys... or not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2012 8:14 AM
Apr 2011
Lol Chiharu is so cute omg. :3
I agree with jacobpaige, hoping that they won't have that 'goro sucks at teamwork' again. They did it with Mifune little and at Mifune East lol. And I hope that every one of the members will at least train until a good enough level so it won't be a one man team during the tournament again lol.

Really hope that they'll really train a lot like Mifune little did for their game against Yokohama little and were able to hit the fast balls.
Oct 11, 2012 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
The plot seems kind of farfetched to me....

Let's see how this unfolds..
Jun 9, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
Back to zero indeed, boy I'm glad Momoko let him have it. Once again he doesn't think how his selfish action affect everyone around him.

His ideal situation? What gathering a bunch of nobodies to make himself look good? That's one of the things I really hate about Goro is how self-centered he is and how it affects his team.
Dec 2, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
I see what the author did there...

now Goro has 2 rival schools
Dec 20, 2013 7:31 PM

May 2012
I did not see it coming.. Goro ended up in Seishuu..
Dec 22, 2013 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
I'm still a bit sad that he left his perfect catcher Toshi at Kaido, but it seems like this season won't disappoint.
Mar 15, 2014 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
That was really surprising to see Mifune doing so well, I'm glad Goro decided to withdraw and let Yamane stay on the mound. I was hoping he would go to Seishu if just because I want to see romance bud between Goro and Kaoru one day. The odds are against him once again, I'd say that the whole underdog thing is getting old but honestly I'm still having fun with it, especially in this situation. I just hope this doesn't turn into a harem, but if the first 2 seasons are anything to go by then I have faith. That reunion on the bus was priceless, especially when Kaoru was describing Goro right before. Big shock!
May 28, 2014 9:22 AM

May 2014
jacobpaige said:
I hope they pick up at least 1 other person who can pitch worth a damn, otherwise this is just going to be more of Goro pushing himself so hard that everyone around him worries he'll blow out his last shoulder.

AHH.. Don't imagine the worst scenarios! T-T

Author-sama, please don't ruin Goro's left arm!
Sep 15, 2014 6:09 AM

Sep 2013
I like the new OP.

Looks like Goro needs to build a team again. Yes, again.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 31, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2009
Xynic said:
I like the new OP.

This . . . Why is it he always joins a school that has no team! Grrr . . . Although this time it had to be that way. Anyways, kind of hoping that the catcher for this new team will atleast be someone interesting. Don't really like Goro's style of being a one-man team, it leaves the rest of the characters on his team kind of . . . Secondary.
Jun 30, 2015 8:54 AM

Aug 2013
Oh yes, it's time to forcefully make people love and play baseball! :D
You don't like baseball? Fuck you! You're now a member!

It's nice to Komori, Yamane and co. doing great. It's unbelievably to see how Yamane progressed.

Heh, the setting is now perfect for a romance. Though, Goro only has baseball in the head, so it will be tough.

I kinda laughed that Momoko and Shigeno were sleeping separately. Is it not going well between the two or something? Normally, couple sleep in a double or bigger sized bed, no?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 22, 2015 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
hmm, i have a feeling that mr. redhead is going to be a problem. i have no idea how he's going to make 7 other people (8 eventually) like baseball.
Aug 7, 2015 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
Lovely start to the 3rd season. Looks like there will be more romantic progress this season. This is the first time I've heard Shimizu admit her love for Gorou.
Oct 14, 2015 2:03 AM

Sep 2010
ah... so in the end it's back from complete zero yet again.

After watching the ace of diamonds if those guys go to koishen then I call it '********'!
Nov 13, 2015 3:18 AM

Nov 2015
minouneetzoe said:
Oh yes, it's time to forcefully make people love and play baseball! :D
You don't like baseball? Fuck you! You're now a member!

It's nice to Komori, Yamane and co. doing great. It's unbelievably to see how Yamane progressed.

Heh, the setting is now perfect for a romance. Though, Goro only has baseball in the head, so it will be tough.

I kinda laughed that Momoko and Shigeno were sleeping separately. Is it not going well between the two or something? Normally, couple sleep in a double or bigger sized bed, no?

About Momoko and Shigeno, I laughed "What!".. hahaha
When Goro got home and Momoko was in a bad mood, then they started watching T.V. while eating dinner and Shigeno wasn't pitching too well, the first thing I thought was, "Oh god, Momoko and Shigeno are getting a divorce"..
Dec 21, 2015 10:44 PM

Mar 2015
Best part of this ep was realizing that he isn't needed at Mifune anymore with Yamane being the ace there now.
Mar 24, 2016 5:15 PM

Mar 2012
So Momoko and Shigeno sleep in separate beds? xD

Didn't expect Goro to have to go around recruiting for members again but at least it's better than joining a team where he's not needed. Lucky for Shimizu that she ended up going to Seishu rather than Kaido. Sure dodged a bullet there lol.
Apr 20, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2013
He got to the same school as Shimizu,that's a good thing.
They need to make a baseball club now, it's gonna be a big challenge making a decent team.
Aug 30, 2016 10:03 PM

Feb 2008
Poor Shimizu, probably thought he came to Seishu because of her for a moment.

I like that Mifune has gotten stronger without Goro. If he were to join them, they'd probably get to Koushien for sure. Kind of ironic how he left Komori for Toshi and now both of them will be his rivals. And I'm looking forward to matches against both, they better not mess it up and have Mifune lose to someone else.

What I don't like is the whole thing with starting from zero. I hope the other members will be people with some experience.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 30, 2017 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
Eh. I don't care for starting from scratch again. If Seishuu was letting him recruit people into the school for the new baseball team it might be okay, since then it would be believable for him to be able to go find good players and lure them into joining with his pitching. As it is though it's going to be pretty far fetched for him to assemble a good team at Seishuu, and turning a ragtag team into Koshien competitors seems a lot less believable than turning a noname Little League team into one that can compete with the best.

We'll see how it goes, I guess.

I do like that he decided to go back to Mifune. I don't think it was about him wanting to surround himself with less skilled players in order to look better, not at all. It was more that he didn't want to steal Yamane's chances from him after he's put in so much hard work to become a good pitcher in his own right. It's also a nice way to turn him, Komori, and everyone else into a second rival team, which I like.

The other boon of Seishuu is obviously Shimizu.

I have mixed feelings overall, but again, we'll see how it goes I guess.
Dec 29, 2017 3:20 PM

Nov 2016
Gorou is really an awesome guy, I salute him for his fairness and iron will.

But damn,getting people for the team and turning them into champs will be a huge challenge,looking forward to this ride.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2018 10:41 PM

Sep 2011
Yessss Major going back to its roots!
Feb 27, 2020 1:41 PM

Dec 2019
Oh boy here we go, season 3 looks promising but i really hope it's not a one man team :/
                                                         🖤   

Jul 21, 2020 5:01 PM

Dec 2007
i hope it's not me or the quality i have, but i think the art improved quite a bit.
poor goro, no school wants him make him go to a school without a baseball club to create one with.. eh, 7 people? from the preview it's not seem to be that easy, i think that what it worth is actually more shimizu.
from the look of it this season going in the way of new characters than old, much like the 1st.
Apr 25, 2021 7:00 PM
Apr 2012
After starting this season I finally found out what was the reason I had this weird feeling when I was finishing season 2... Honestly I hoped that he'd stay in Kaido, I wanted to see him destroy the manual play from the inside, teach all these people fun of baseball, kicking out that evil glasses guy and show him his place, also I honestly can't agree with Toshi, he was left out again... We didn't see them play together properly, I hoped there would be more action surrounding these two, also Goro keeps being too egoistic even for him. He again tries to play baseball alone. Yeah, he trusted Toshi in catching his balls but only because otherwise he wouldn't be able to strikeout any of the batters. Also somehow Kaido keeps being put on top, I honestly hoped that while being considered the strongest, with all these people including Goro they would encounter other schools which can actually beat them. And again I see that this season there will be again new team composed of people who know nothing of baseball and what, they will miraculously after a year or less of training beat people who train for years?? This could have been planned better... Buuuuut after all these harsh words, I enjoy this show too much to not to finish watching it all so I do hope that they will surprise me with the outcome 😤
Apr 25, 2021 7:10 PM
Apr 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
Xynic said:
I like the new OP.

This . . . Why is it he always joins a school that has no team! Grrr . . . Although this time it had to be that way. Anyways, kind of hoping that the catcher for this new team will atleast be someone interesting. Don't really like Goro's style of being a one-man team, it leaves the rest of the characters on his team kind of . . . Secondary.
Yeah and not only secondary but honestly he will never be able to trust his back, he thinks he can fight all alone, teammates seem like only an addition, cause there needs to be some number of people who play and he has to deal with that. I think he didn't change much since the day he joined the Dolphins and kept raging at his teammates. I bet that he even wouldn't follow Toshi's lead at this point...
Apr 25, 2021 7:14 PM
Apr 2012
Avenger-senpai said:
So Momoko and Shigeno sleep in separate beds? xD

Didn't expect Goro to have to go around recruiting for members again but at least it's better than joining a team where he's not needed. Lucky for Shimizu that she ended up going to Seishu rather than Kaido. Sure dodged a bullet there lol.
I lowkey hoped that Shimizu would go to Kaido and be a baseball team manager there but what happened happened ahaha
Oct 16, 2021 2:03 PM

Jul 2015
After all Goro's wishy washy decisions without much thought behind, I'm glad he decided against going to Mifune as Komori and the rest are doing great without him. But starting a baseball club from scratch (luckily at a former all-girls school teehee) because of that scum Egashira certainly makes winning Koshien in his third year or even defeating Kaido difficult.

Dec 5, 2021 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
Okay, let's start again.

Since Goro left Kaido, it's a good moment to star since the beginning and create a new team... but I really hope this time it's the last. I want to watch Goro in a competent team once for all, and no more setbacks.
Mar 25, 2022 7:07 AM

Nov 2008
In the vast ocean of bad shows, this one emerges like a lighthouse. A new show I'll enjoy every minute of it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alfe - Oct 1, 2007

51 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 25 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 27, 2007

36 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 23 Discussion

hyakuiro - Aug 26, 2007

21 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 3 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 14, 2007

34 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:35 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 2 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 4, 2007

30 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 26, 2022 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.