Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Ufotable is working on 3 big projects, Mahoyo movie, Touken Ranbu movie and Demon Slayer sequel

New
Feb 13, 2022 12:28 PM

Jan 2009
SiNcE ThEy HaVe 2o0 EmPlOYeeS like MapPa im sure they will be fine, but on serious note hopefully they will not announce anymore new anime to be release this 2022, dont become like MAPPA now Ufotable kun

so thoughts?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2022 12:39 PM

Jun 2021
Did they officially declared the making of the sequel??
Feb 13, 2022 12:42 PM

Apr 2018
Rambu has been in production for years. Mahoyo and KnY sequel doesnt have any confirmed release date yet, it might came out in years. It should be fine as long as they dont have a rushed schedule.
Feb 13, 2022 12:43 PM

Jan 2021
Nithin1729 said:

yessir. It'll probably release around Fall 2023-Winter 2024 though.
Feb 13, 2022 12:44 PM
Apr 2021
Yea they did it’s on Twitter
Feb 13, 2022 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
Jfs_ said:
Rambu has been in production for years.

pre-production only and pre-production normally takes years for any anime
Feb 13, 2022 12:50 PM

Apr 2018
deg said:
Jfs_ said:
Rambu has been in production for years.

pre-production only and pre-production normally takes years for any anime
Oh i see.. (15 char limit)
Feb 13, 2022 12:58 PM

Jul 2015
Keep in mind, that Girls' Work anime adaptation was announced back in 2008 and never was officially cancelled.

Feb 13, 2022 12:59 PM

Jan 2009
Piromysl said:
Keep in mind, that Girls' Work anime adaptation was announced back in 2008 and never was officially cancelled.

ye that too but again if its not cancelled then its still in pre-production, the pre-production stage is the longest time of any production in anime
Feb 13, 2022 1:01 PM
Jul 2021
Touken Ranbu movie is already finished. They're probably just making the last few adjustments. While for the other 2 projects there are no release dates so they can work on it for as long as needed. Also mappa has like 10 projects rn, pretty sure ufotable has nowhere near anything like that.
Feb 13, 2022 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
Newcummerr said:
Touken Ranbu movie is already finished.

nope its in pre-production or even hiatus hell according to KViN and the rest of the sakuga community that follows animators and staff accounts on japanese twitter side

Newcummerr said:
Also mappa has like 10 projects rn, pretty sure ufotable has nowhere near anything like that.

MAPPA relies more on freelancers while Ufotable and KyoAni relies solely on their in-house animators so different studio setup and business model
Feb 13, 2022 1:13 PM
Jul 2021
deg said:
Newcummerr said:
Touken Ranbu movie is already finished.

nope its in pre-production or even hiatus hell according to KViN and the rest of the sakuga community that follows animators and staff accounts on japanese twitter side

Its a sequel. Pre production stage for sequels is much shorter than for new projects. And besides it's a movie adaptation of a game series, their schedule should be good.
Feb 13, 2022 1:16 PM

Jan 2009
Newcummerr said:
deg said:

Its a sequel. Pre production stage for sequels is much shorter than for new projects. And besides it's a movie adaptation of a game series, their schedule should be good.

its been announce since like what 2013-2014? so why its not even out even today so ye its in pre-production stage still is the only logical conclusion you can get with that

thats why i said Ufotable should not make anymore anime for 2022 so the production schedules can be good
Feb 13, 2022 1:50 PM

Mar 2020
Not me asking for a saber route remake right now
Feb 13, 2022 2:01 PM

Feb 2019
Need them to drop midslayer and go full force on the Mahoyo movie and a HA adaptation
Feb 13, 2022 2:09 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Drop the others, just focus on DS.

Am not familiar with the other two franchises, but I don't think ufotable would be profiting from them even 10 percent of what they profit from DS. Also, their work with DS is phenomenal until now, easily their ultimate masterpiece, much better than the previous Type/Moon projects they have handled.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 13, 2022 2:18 PM

May 2009
Marinate1016 said:
Need them to drop midslayer and go full force on the Mahoyo movie and a HA adaptation

Japan would sentence them to capital punishment if they dropped most beloved manga currently.
Feb 13, 2022 2:35 PM

Feb 2019
bastek66 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Japan would sentence them to capital punishment if they dropped most beloved manga currently.

Lord please free my people from the shackles of shonen
Feb 13, 2022 2:39 PM
Oct 2019
Instead of wondering when season 3 will come, let's guess who will be in charge of new theme songs: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1994260
Feb 13, 2022 2:43 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Well Ufotable needs decades for there Productions, im not seeing the new Season of Demon Slayer getting released before late 2023 and they also haven’t announced any release dates for those other animes. So dont worry they will not over work themselves.
Feb 13, 2022 2:47 PM

May 2009
Marinate1016 said:
bastek66 said:

It's just demographics, it has nothing to do with plot.
Feb 13, 2022 3:09 PM

Jul 2019
I wouldn't worry too much, movies have a lot of production time and they are only working on one seasonal anime. They will most likely not announce anything else since they already tried biting off more than they can chew back when they did Fate UBW and God Eater back to back which turned out quite badly for them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2022 3:13 PM

Oct 2018
Quick question, why Ufotable adapts Demon Slayer by story arcs?

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Feb 13, 2022 3:17 PM

Jan 2009
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

probably because each arc starting with this one is action pack, so less episodes means more sakuga they can do and more consistent animation quality that way
Feb 13, 2022 3:21 PM

Oct 2018
deg said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

probably because each arc starting with this one is action pack, so less episodes means more sakuga they can do and more consistent animation quality that way
I think their performance is enough to do a 2 cour. Even 2 hrs. movie was full of sakuga. It seems that they are trying to do the Gintama adaptation style where they'll adapt the source material's story arcs.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Feb 13, 2022 3:53 PM

Dec 2014
cchigu said:

Am not familiar with the other two franchises, but I don't think ufotable would be profiting from them even 10 percent of what they profit from DS. Also, their work with DS is phenomenal until now, easily their ultimate masterpiece, much better than the previous Type/Moon projects they have handled.

Mahoyo is a Type-Moon franchise, the same as Fate. Is really not something to throw away, and taking into account that as of 2020 they were refusing new works due to them ending in red if they did it, is clear that they must have got a good offer if they accepted to do it. As for the other one, it was in production for years, so it can't be dropped either. They spent already millions into making it, and is suicide for an anime company to break it's contract and drop a project they accepted.
Feb 13, 2022 3:59 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Marinate1016 said:
bastek66 said:

Shut up, and git gud.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 13, 2022 4:22 PM

Feb 2019
bastek66 said:
Marinate1016 said:

It's just demographics, it has nothing to do with plot.

What does that have to do with my comment ?
Feb 13, 2022 4:28 PM

Feb 2019
cchigu said:
Marinate1016 said:

Shut up, and git gud.

Who are you? No one was speaking to you
Feb 13, 2022 4:28 PM

Oct 2019
you dont need to worry about it
this 3 anime also gonna produce by Aniplex too. so for now i doubt they will get more project.
Feb 13, 2022 4:39 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Marinate1016 said:
cchigu said:
Shut up, and git gud.

Then use personal messaging or the profile comment section, not forum boards.

Drop DS, literally the hottest thing in japan and adapt a possibly degenerate visual novel? Lmao
Feb 13, 2022 4:50 PM
Aug 2018
deg said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

also by dividing it like this allows them to have more time for each arc so animation is done better which in turn keeps the fan intrested over longer period of time which in turn bring high views and in the end gets them big bucks.
Feb 13, 2022 4:51 PM

Aug 2020
cchigu said:

Broski, Mahoyo is part of Fate, it'll at least make 25% of the profit that KnY s3 would make which is a lot more than what most other anime series would make.
Sakura Matou is best girl in all anime and its not even close
Feb 13, 2022 4:55 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
the_1ne_eyed_owl said:
cchigu said:

Broski, Mahoyo is part of Fate, it's at least make 25% of the profit that AnY s3 would make which is a lot more than what most other anime series would make.
I don't have the exact numbers but 25 percent is definitely not what new Fate entries earn, the latest HF III earned about 2 bn yen, someone can correct me on this number, whereas Mugen Train earned 40 bn+.
Feb 13, 2022 5:06 PM

Mar 2016
I'm only really looking forward to the MahoYoru movie. Hopefully from the preanimated PV it'll turn out amazing. Could care less about the other two projects, on the other hand. One's fujoshi bait and the other is glorified junk food that's easy to eat but offers no nutrition whatsoever.
Feb 13, 2022 5:06 PM

Feb 2019
cchigu said:
Marinate1016 said:

Drop DS, literally the hottest thing in japan and adapt a possibly degenerate visual novel? Lmao

No way you just called Mahoyo(which is confirmed to have a movie adapation) a degenerate VN? Lord please free my people from shonen, it’s melting their brains. Stop replying to my posts.
Feb 13, 2022 5:10 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Marinate1016 said:
cchigu said:

Stop replying to my posts.
I could, but you were clearly looking for a fight on these forums, so I just bit the bait.

If you can't take someone calling out your trash takes, then you better stay away from the forums.
Feb 13, 2022 5:10 PM

Feb 2019
cchigu said:
Marinate1016 said:

Stop replying to my posts.
I could, but you were clearly looking for a fight on these forums, so I just bit the bait.

If you can't take someone calling out your trash takes, then you better should stay away from the forums.

Ight bet I’ll just block you rq
Feb 13, 2022 6:23 PM

May 2021
certifiedbinger said:
Nithin1729 said:

yessir. It'll probably release around Fall 2023-Winter 2024 though.

2023/2024?? I can't wait that long!! 😭
Has Demon Slayer season 3 been added to MAL yet? If not i'll add
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Feb 13, 2022 8:28 PM

Mar 2016
Marinate1016 said:
cchigu said:

No way you just called Mahoyo(which is confirmed to have a movie adapation) a degenerate VN? Lord please free my people from shonen, it’s melting their brains. Stop replying to my posts.

Bro, wtf, MahoYo's source material doesn't even have a frigging lick or sliver of eroge or so-called "degeneracy" anywhere.

Also, why do people call Nasuverse VNs eroge just cause they have SOME adult content?? What the god damn hell? It's like calling 3 Gatsu no Lion a sports series just cause it has shogi which is often considered a kind of sport. Or like calling FT an isekai series just cause it has that one isekai-esque arc. Or like calling Mushoku Tensei mainly an ecchi series just cause the setting has blunt depictions of sexuality in it. Idk what's up with people nowadays making definitions like this.
Feb 13, 2022 8:29 PM

Feb 2019
Ryuseishun said:
Marinate1016 said:

Bro, wtf, MahoYo's source material doesn't even have a frigging lick or sliver of eroge or so-called "degeneracy" anywhere.

Also, why do people call Nasuverse VNs eroge just cause they have SOME adult content?? What the god damn hell? It's like calling 3 Gatsu no Lion a sports series just cause it has shogi which is often considered a kind of sport. Or like calling FT an isekai series just cause it has that one isekai-esque arc. Or like calling Mushoku Tensei mainly an ecchi series just cause the setting has blunt depictions of sexuality in it. Idk what's up with people nowadays making definitions like this.

Don’t even waste time arguing with him, he’s trolling. As soon as he called it a degenerate VN I knew it was bait. Anything that’s not dudes throwing beams at each other or pretty fight scenes is degeneracy to them.
Feb 13, 2022 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
I don't care about ufotable. Overrated studio. Their works might have God tier animation but the story and characters are all messed up
Feb 13, 2022 8:58 PM

Jan 2009
Vexem said:
I don't care about ufotable. Overrated studio. Their works might have God tier animation but the story and characters are all messed up

they do anime adaptations not original anime where they have more control of the story
Feb 13, 2022 10:08 PM

Jan 2020
It'll always make me sad to not see a remake of the 2006 fate stay night on that list

Feb 13, 2022 10:09 PM

Jan 2009
ManWild said:
It'll always make me sad to not see a remake of the 2006 fate stay night on that list

someday there is hope for someday
Feb 13, 2022 10:17 PM
Aug 2021
deg said:
ManWild said:

someday there is hope for someday
Tsukihime too. anytime now...
Feb 13, 2022 10:28 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Ryuseishun said:
Marinate1016 said:

I am not familiar with Mahoyo, but I have read the original Fate/SN VN, so it was an educated guess, and hence why I added potentially in my original reply.
Feb 13, 2022 10:32 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Marinate1016 said:
Ryuseishun said:

Don’t even waste time arguing with him, he’s trolling. As soon as he called it a degenerate VN I knew it was bait. Anything that’s not dudes throwing beams at each other or pretty fight scenes is degeneracy to them.
Gtfo, you clearly started out looking for blood by calling names-- Mid Slayer.

Can't handle the same treatment yourself, then you have no right to play victim.

Git gud.
Feb 13, 2022 10:34 PM

Feb 2019
cchigu said:
Marinate1016 said:

Can't handle the same treatment yourself, then you have no right to play victim.

Git gud.

Conveniently ignores the Mahoyo comments, just shonen fan things.
Feb 13, 2022 10:38 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Marinate1016 said:
cchigu said:

Git gud.

Conveniently ignores the Mahoyo comments, just shonen fan things.
See my reply to the person, I don't need to explain it again.

At least, shonen anime is actually celebrated by Japanese people unlike VNs and LNs that are mostly Otaku centric and looked down upon, rightfully so.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Dec 12, 2021

186 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2021

267 by jumbosan »»
Apr 25, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

536 by Term4738 »»
Apr 15, 8:02 PM

» Why is Tengen so underrated? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Mar 15

52 by Leon888 »»
Apr 7, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jan 16, 2022

263 by NadiaEros »»
Apr 6, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.