Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2022 4:02 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 00:33 JST This thread is now unlocked

Due to the extreme popularity of the show and the fact that for the previous season (and this season), many of the episodes had really early episode threads opened by various users, the episode threads for this show will only be made by mods until further notice.

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeJan 23, 2022 7:33 AM
Jan 23, 2022 7:33 AM

May 2020
It’s chaos and chaos all around, and Zeke finally did it, turning everyone of those victimised by his spinal fluid into titans. Even though there was a bit of hesitation from his side, but still Falco’s a full-fledged titan now and so are the others.

And finally the moment is here, THE MOMENT. With Eren being beheaded, goddamn… waited too long but finally it was worth it. It's all about paths now and Ymir's here too. Eren turning against Zeke may seem surprising, but that's just how he was planning it to be from the beginning.

Wasn't expecting but they adapted a decent amount this time. Such an incredible episode, with animation being fully spot on. Mappa did it.

Also rip Porco.

Jun 2019
Nothing but peak fiction in this episode. My god, Omine... I love you. Best episode in the franchise to date. Everything was perfectly directed. OST, animation, everything was pure greatness. Beautiful. So fricking epic. RIP Porco, Colt, and everyone else. Wonderfully directed episode.

The Paths... the transition to it... everything was beyond perfect. Such a great episode. Everything in this episode was so well done. T_T Thank you, MAPPA and the staff. You guys nailed this episode. Absolutely gorgeous. Excited to see the next episode.

Nov 2011
That's music to my ears this episode.. So glad they used some of the classic SnK music for this episode, in particular for Reiner vs Eren.

Eren and Zeke's scenes were also quite something. Right in front of Ymir Fritz, he broke down while Eren offers his hand.

Feb 2019
That shot of Zeke screaming was awesome.

The only redeeming quality of MAPPA is that some of their still shots are absolutely amazing.
Also, I never realised in the manga that Mikasa slashed while moving backwards, so that was pretty cool.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Jul 2019
Pretty damn good episode.

Zeke scream p op and did a number for sure. But I liked how that played out with it making for a real madness as it was back in the early days of AOT

Gotta love the 2nd half of this episode too. Direction and montage was chef's kiss moment for this anime, so I am happy MAPPA delivered on that.

Also, we've reached P A T H S.

Aug 2018
They finally played 0sk!
Jan 23, 2022 7:34 AM

Aug 2019
The easiest 5/5 I've given an episode for a while.
Jan 2021
This episode is fcking insane, there is no fcking way they did it like this

Jan 2009
that Zeke scream to make Unlimited Titan Works, RIP Pixis

that Falco becoming the new Jaw Titan by eating Porco

that head shot of Gabi the master sniper lol its funny and its uncensored

that clever use of still frames mixing it with camera angles and movement making it look good somehow without sakuga

and the PATHS is here

Apr 2013
Well that was a 5/5 episode if we ignore the continuous subpar 3DMG animation sequences. I guess Mikasa's was okay, but the sakuga is still not there compared to WIT. That's where Imai left a void in the production. Soundtracks were hit or miss for me this episode once again. on rewatch, really enjoyed the OSTs actually.

Otherwise I enjoyed how they adapted chapters 119 and and the start of chapter 120. Loved how they did Zeke & Eren entering paths after Gabi's headshot (aimbot never fails) as well as how paths looked overall. Could've done without the recap of Zeke & Eren in Marley.

RIP Pixis, still drinking before death.
RIP Colt, whose death was more impactful in the manga.
RIP Porco, taking Ls just like Reiner 'till the end.
KneelBeforeMeJan 23, 2022 11:19 PM
Jan 23, 2022 7:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, it's been a while since we've seen countless titans within the Shiganshina region like this. A first for the Marley soldiers but definite PTSD for the Paradis soldiers. MAPPA's buildup and handling of the whole scene starting from Zeke's shout to the transformations was one for the history books! Also, the whole scene after Eren's head flew off was amazing!

In particular, the final scenes of Gen. Pixis and Falco was touching. Reiner having to hold down Falco and contemplating on it was quite moving too. Meanwhile, Gabi's got one more accurate shot in and that's of the main proponent of the entire bloody conflict! Sadly, Zeke seemed to have saved the day though.

Second half showing Eren in that weird space was certainly though-provoking, to say the least. We finally get to see more of Ymir too. Imagine having to build titans there all alone, gee. Looks like Eren's plan to backfire on Zeke failed. It'll be interesting to see how he'll turn the tides around.

Man, they even gave Mikasa an awesome entrance to the battle. Thank you so much!

@Stark700 So true, sweet trip down memory lane. I was listening to a compilation of SnK tracks a few days back and I wondered then if they'll get back to these.

@Taltibalti Good spot, that. How'd you even catch that though?
_MushiRock11_Jan 23, 2022 7:42 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2015
Ok the ep even better than What I expected, but guys guys

Did they showed goth miskasa or I was imaginign it?

Damn I cannot rewatch it since it was a stream

Feb 2021
MAN OH MAN! What an amazing episode.

Floch is one of the few surviving yaergerists.

RIP Proco. Pieck can have me instead. ;-;

Gabi has been reported for using aimbot. She is banned from taking part in further matches.

Damn I didn't notice this before but

The Paths is finally animated!!

Eren shows his true intentions to Zeke but he pulls a monke reverse on him.

Next ep gonna be fire! We gonna see
DeonXJan 23, 2022 7:41 AM

Jan 23, 2022 7:36 AM

Nov 2020
SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THE FUCK WHAT IS HAPPENING????? EREN DIED? BUT HE IS ALIVE? ZEKE IS OLD? BRO I DON'T GET A SINGLE FKING THING THE FK IS HAPPENING????????????

OSTs were absolute perfection

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jan 23, 2022 7:36 AM

Sep 2016
Bruh they showed Attack on School Castes LMAO

AOE anyone?

Mod Edit: Added image tags; please only one screenshot per post.
TaltibaltiJan 23, 2022 7:50 AM
Jan 23, 2022 7:37 AM

Feb 2021
Oh, finally one of my favorite scenes has been animated (Eren losing his head) :D Especially the thing with stopping time was excellent.
I thought this would be a cliffhanger in the end but I think with the "Paths" part and chaining Eren in the end, it was just the right part where to end the episode (although it could also end in the part when Eren declined Zeke's plan). :)

I don't remember very well what comes next in the manga so next one will be maybe surprising for me as well. :)

I am still feeling sad about Porco, but it is how it should be...

Omg, when entering the Paths I had shivers all over my body, I just love the mysterious atmosphere of that place.
Jan 23, 2022 7:38 AM

Jul 2021
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED SUDDENLY? FUCK YOU GABI WTF. WHAT HAPPENED TO EREN??? ARE THEY GOING TO SHOW US LEVI OR NOT? IS LEVI ALIVE??

Waiting is painful being an anime only but I know it's going to be worth it.

This episode was really dialogue heavy so can't really say much until I watch with subs tomorrow but still this episode was fire, I really didn't expect Zeke to scream even after knowing Falco has ingested his spinal fluid. And Titan Falco ate Porco:(

Next week can't come fast enough. For now looking forward to re-watching this episode with subs tomorrow.

Edit:

Oh my fucking god, I re-watched with the subs and I'm just speechless.

I mean Eren was planning on bamboozling Zeke but instead Zeke pulled uno reverse and bamboozled Eren instead, fuck man.

I really didn't expect Zeke to scream man. RIP Falco, RIP Colt, RIP Pixis, RIP every eldian who consumed that wine.

Falco now has the Jaw Titan, I wonder if he will use it for or against Eren and co.

I still don't like that Gabi fucking managed to land a clean shot on a running Eren, where the fuck did she even get that rifle. I'm glad that at least it wasn't a headshot or that would have been the end of SnK lol.

So much happened and so much is unresolved, we don't know what's up with Levi and Hange, we don't know if Mikasa and Armin managed to kill Pieck, we don't know if Conny and Jean managed to finally kill Reiner.

Like someone else said, in that past scene where Zeke throws ball towards Eren and Eren didn't catch it signifies he wasn't on the same page with Zeke and Zeke suspected that too.

That paths scene was wonderful to watch, it's worth it to pause and watch every frame of that sequence.

After that paths scene we see Eren and Zeke in the desert place which we saw earlier when Zeke's body was made again by some mysterious girl. There lies the coordinate where all the paths converge. I'm guessing that coordinate will allow Zeke and Eren to view the memories of other people. It turns out that the mysterious girl which kept appearing in Zeke's thoughts was Ymir herself. For some reason Zeke has been there for a long period of time (we can see his overgrown beard) and he himself says that.

Zeke mentioned that Eren's head made contact with him before he PASSED ON, does that mean Eren is actually dead? (Don't confirm or deny this for me though lmao)

Zeke explains that the mysterious girl is Ymir and how she once brought back Zeke to life by re-constructing his body with the earth of that desert, but I don't get it why was Zeke able to go there in the first place? Didn't he say only those with Founding Titan's power can come there? When Zeke was blown by Levi I don't think he was founder yet.

Now that they have successfully obtained the Founding Titan's powers, Zeke asks Eren to carry out the euthanization plan, then Zeke explains Eren how that chains surrounding him are the "vow renouncing war" and only Eren can move freely in there and not Zeke. Eren believes Zeke and then tells him that he never intended to carry out the Euthanization plan in the first place, we see Zeke crying, I'm not sure if he was genuinely crying or was just faking it lol.

Zeke mentions that this cycle will continue for eternity and Eren must stop this bloodshed from happening again.

Eren asks a very scary looking Ymir to lend her power but she just passes him and Eren stands there with suprised Pikachu face xD.

Zeke asks iif his betrayal was because of their Father's brainwashing, I don't know if that's got to do anything with this or what's the right answer but euthanization is not the answer to saving the world, anything but that.

Ymir walks past Eren and sits near Zeke, it turns out in the time Zeke was waiting for Eren to wake up, Zeke learned many things, he was able to undo the vow of first king as he was not tainted with first king's ideals and also he found out that Ymir has got no will of her own and obeys whatever those with royal blood order her. And now Zeke bamboozles Eren, Zeke says he has obtained the power of founding titan and that Eren was nothing more than a key and now I have no damn clue to how Eren is going to prevent the euthanization plan from happening. The founder with royal blood can do anything it wants, Zeke demonstrates that by breaking away from those chains, Zeke suspected Eren all along and he just set him up and tested his true intentions.

We see that Eren is now restricted with chains, Zeke believes that him and Eren were victims of their father's brainwashing and that Zeke found another father in Mr skaver(was it?) and he saved him and that Eren too needs someone to save him, Zeke wants to save the world but only with Eren, Zeke touches their heads together and bam.

Can't fucking wait for next week. Sundays are killing me with these cliffhangers, first there's KnY with it's mind fucking cliffhangers and then there's SnK with the same. I'm gonna go insane at this rate.
TsutanaiFuunJan 24, 2022 12:05 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 2019
I had my expectations very high for this episode, but holy shit, what MAPPA did with this chapter is something I wouldn't have dared to imagine, not even in my wildest, most optimistic dreams. This is it boys, we'd arrived to peak AoT.

When I heard "0Sk" playing during the double-betrayal, I got goosebumps, down from my toes, all the way up to the last strand of my hair.

Feb 2020
Wow.. That was pretty insane episode.

Easy 5/5.

Nov 2020
Taltibalti said:

Yo what's this????? I also saw this and was like what?

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
anime-primeJan 23, 2022 7:42 AM

You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jun 2014
God damn what an episode. Zeke finally screamed and turned everyone, including Falco, into Titans. What an insane moment. RIP Porco, sacrificing himself like that.

Gabi out here playing Call of Duty getting the perfect headshot on Eren lol. Now it's paths time. Also, we got some OG banger OST in this episode. Definitely a great one and looking forward to next week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 23, 2022 7:39 AM

Aug 2019
KneelBeforeMe said:
Well that was a 5/5 episode if we ignore the continuous subpar 3DMG animation sequences. I guess Mikasa's was okay, but the sakuga is still not there compared to WIT. That's where Imai left a void in the production. Soundtracks were hit or miss for me this episode once again.

Otherwise I enjoyed how they adapted chapters 119 and and the start of chapter 120. Loved how they did Zeke & Eren entering paths after Gabi's headshot (aimbot never fails) as well as how paths looked overall. Could've done without the recap of Zeke & Eren in Marley.

RIP Pixis, still drinking before death.
RIP Colt
RIP Porco

The baseball scene was needed because there was additional footage at the end of that sequence which wasn't in S4P1 and Eren failing to catch the baseball confirmed that he and Zeke weren't on the same page.

Apr 2013
Taltibalti said:

imagine if the anime goes aoe and it's the alternate universe theory, that'd be hilarious ngl

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/ldfsg3/the_alternate_universe_ending_theory_a_complete/
Oct 2015
Taltibalti said:

I was not imagine it!!!!!

DAMn wtf

What does this mean, those manga pages ended with them experienceing the story of AOT like it was a movie right? is this like their reaction?

anime-primeJan 23, 2022 7:43 AM
Jul 2021
Today's episode is masterpiece 🔥
galaanthosJan 23, 2022 7:43 AM
Jan 23, 2022 7:40 AM
Apr 2016
TIMELINE THEORY CONFIRMED
AOE LETS GO
Jan 23, 2022 7:40 AM

Jul 2019
Taltibalti said:

AOE anyone?
LMAOOOOOO
I didn't even notice this 💀💀💀

anime-primeJan 23, 2022 7:44 AM
Jan 23, 2022 7:41 AM

Jul 2012
Really liked the slow motion scene and when Eren's memories flashed before him. It made it feel like time stopped right there for everyone during that pivotal moment.
Jan 2019
OMGGG, no way, that's absolutely a phenomenal episode, Im still shaking, loved every fucking moement of it.
Oct 2015
KneelBeforeMe said:
Taltibalti said:

imagine if the anime goes aoe and it's the alternate universe theory, that'd be hilarious ngl

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/ldfsg3/the_alternate_universe_ending_theory_a_complete/

I eman after showing this is hard to no think about it lol

this is the first time ever in the naime they are included right?

Jan 2009
Taltibalti said:

AOE anyone?

Multiverse Confirmed lol Isayama is a huge fan of Muv Luv game anyway

anime-primeJan 23, 2022 7:44 AM

Oct 2017
adnan_ said:
SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT THE FUCK WHAT IS HAPPENING????? EREN DIED? BUT HE IS ALIVE? ZEKE IS OLD? BRO I DON'T GET A SINGLE FKING THING THE FK IS HAPPENING????????????

Zeke made contact with erens head before he died. They are now within the paths realm. Zeke has been in there for an eternity but idk why lol

They didn’t do the manga justice but it was more than I was expecting for something airing on TV. I’m actually surprised we got to see some paths scenes tonight.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJan 23, 2022 7:46 AM
Jan 23, 2022 7:43 AM
Oct 2015
deg said:
Taltibalti said:

AOE anyone?

I wonder how are they gonna incorporate them

anime-primeJan 23, 2022 7:46 AM
Jan 23, 2022 7:44 AM

Sep 2020
Taltibalti said:

AOE anyone?

AOE gonna happen guys and this is the prove. ✊
ZXEANJan 23, 2022 7:49 AM
Jan 23, 2022 7:44 AM

Jan 2009
MAQS said:
deg said:

i got no idea but let the theories commence again so ye AOE is possible now
Jan 23, 2022 7:45 AM

Oct 2021
Camera movements brilliant it was a chef kiss .
Character acting extraordinarily done .
Ost by Goatsawano osk added .
Falco and zeke fluid Titan’s were a work of art .
Path’s background art ( Omine is a god )
Hayashi direction was spectacular( those slow motion camera turns gives Dorohedoro vibe which he directed)
Some 3odm gears scens nicely done .
My head is still kinda bewildered after watching Ep 3 amazing animation.
Thanks Mappa . Hype is real can’t wait for EP 3
Jan 23, 2022 7:45 AM
Oct 2015
Just cheked and THEY WERE on the manga but a very small part of the panels, ok now it makes sense again, moving on...
Jan 23, 2022 7:46 AM

Feb 2021
Weebookey said:
adnan_ said:

Zeke made contact with erens head before he died. They are now within the paths realm. Zeke has been in there for an eternity but idk why lol

Jan 23, 2022 7:47 AM
Oct 2015
deg said:
MAQS said:

Nah it was in the manga too, just very very small.
so yeah no ludicrus AOE settle down guys.

remmember at most is a expanded ending ( and also the best choice)
Jan 23, 2022 7:49 AM
Jan 2021
Best AoT episode imo
Better than all others
But hey, next episodes are gonna be better!
Jan 23, 2022 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
MAQS said:
deg said:

im fine either way an expanded ending will be good too as you said
Jan 23, 2022 7:50 AM

Oct 2017
DeonX said:
Weebookey said:

Yes but he still would have died after that? A head can be conscious for around 1 minute after decapitation.

Just buckle up and hold on tight for these next episodes it’s some of the best parts in AoT
Jan 23, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2019
MAQS said:
deg said:

yeah I was about to say. literally checked and someone pointed it out.

never know tho.
Jan 23, 2022 7:51 AM
Jun 2016
Weebookey said:
adnan_ said:

They didn’t do the manga justice but it was more than I was expecting for something airing on TV. I’m actually surprised we got to see some paths scenes tonight.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

One thing I love is that MAPPA was consistent and took out half of Eren's trousers and made him barefoot, when for some reason in the manga his trousers and shoes were still there in spite of his legs having been bitten off.

Can't wait to watch this episode for myself. Glad there was no censorship!!
Jan 23, 2022 7:52 AM

Nov 2016
The final season is back to 5/5 episodes again. Content and adaptationwise.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 23, 2022 7:53 AM

Mar 2021
This episode was fucking amazing. Can't wait to see the internet break when the next 2 eps air lmao.
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jan 23, 2022 7:56 AM

Apr 2013
MAQS said:
deg said:

Sure it was in the manga, but it makes literally no sense to include it in the anime as well as the sauna shot that wasn't in the manga. It brings nothing to the story when most events have been foreshadowed quite heavily prior to this. It might still be MAPPA adapting the manga 1:1 and fleshing out some scenes a bit more but it leaves the aoe door open.
Jan 23, 2022 8:02 AM

Dec 2020
Holy shit. Easiest 5/5 in a long time. The camera movements and the slow motion...everything was a work of art.

We are finally in the Paths. Hyped for the next episode already.
Jan 23, 2022 8:02 AM

Aug 2020
literally peak aot HOLY SHIT

they finally played splinterwolf.

Man everything about this episode is nothing but kino. RIP PORCO. Really sad moment for him to see falco become like that. I can't fucking wait for the next episodes!
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Apr 25, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.