3It was OK
21.5%
2Disliked it
21.5%
1Hated it
25.5%
Average 2.8
376 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 23, 2021 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
It's crazy how far some characters go to make themselves known in this show. I mean, resorting to biological tactics and terrorism...Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I believe they really want to make every condidate unique. Mirai got himself into some pretty dangerous shit. Pretty tense episode.
Dec 23, 2021 9:37 AM

Nov 2007

Next on January 6, 2022 25:58 JST
https://twitter.com/ani_platinumend/status/1474071554938085382
tsubasaloverDec 23, 2021 1:31 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 23, 2021 10:27 AM

May 2020
Mukaido you're shooting wrong person. Get rid of Mirai first and then Poliman. Don't know how these red arrows work anymore, when Mukaido couldn't even convince Mirai shooting that woman. Oh yeah everything counts to zero when it's about happiness, so pretty much understandable.
Dec 23, 2021 12:02 PM
Feb 2021
where do I watch the new episode, it's not on Crunchyroll??
Dec 23, 2021 1:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This MC is a clown, he's really hesitating in such a crucial moment to kill that girl who wants to eradicate the city and kill everyone... because of that Hajime is dead, not that I complain of course I didn't like him though his final scene was a bit sad, but I just hope Mukaido isn't going to die that soon since he's the one carrying the show and the best character by far in my opinion, now the ridiculous MC thinks he can put Metropoliman in jail xDDDD he needs to work in a circus not fight in a battle royale really, I can't believe he's still alive so far, why Death Note's author wrote such a character seriously....
Dec 23, 2021 1:39 PM
Oct 2016
I understand Mirai point of view a lot more now. At first it was hard to empathize with someone who wouldn't kill the worst kind of people but I get it now. Mirai saying to Metropoliman that he's less than a cockroach, which is true, that Mirai doesn't want to sully his hands or jeopardize his own happiness just to kill someone like Metropoliman. He definitely deserves to be killed but what that act would do to Mirai psyche would cost too much. It would live with him the rest of his life, those words his parents said ringing true. Things were pretty intense when Mirai walked over to the crazy virus lady. I didn't know how he would get out of there unscaved but it worked out for the most part. Hajime sacrificing himself to save Saki after she flew down to block the syringes from injecting Mirai. While slashing the syringe tubes and stabbing the virus lady. So an even loss for both sides in that moment. Mirai ready to face down Metropoliman once and for all.
Dec 23, 2021 1:55 PM

Mar 2010
The amount of logic that is not present in the minds of the MC's is astounding.
Mirai needs to grow the fuck up. Uggggggggh.
Dec 23, 2021 2:16 PM

Jul 2021
With each episode that passes, I'm creating more and more anger towards this protagonist, it's high time for him to grow mentally. How many people in your group will have to die because of him for him to change?
asdasdsadad
Dec 23, 2021 2:22 PM
Dec 2019
lol the MC is so damn annoying
Dec 23, 2021 2:37 PM

Mar 2016
For fucks sake Mirai, grow some balls and take down those motherfuckers! We're not here to get moral lessons.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 23, 2021 2:40 PM

Nov 2016
Mukaido is safe going to die at the end of this battle. Hopefully he won't go out without getting shit done.

And lol, who else isn't irritated by Mirai?
FMmatronDec 23, 2021 2:45 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2021 2:55 PM

Jul 2017
WHAT THE FUCK EVEN IS THIS FIGHT ANYMORE LOOOOOOOOL

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU JUST STAB A VIRUS. and if the white arrow can kill cells, then how come all the people who've died haven't disintegrated ala the virus

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T MIRAI JUST LET GO AND RUN AWAY. bruhhhhhh in the time it took for those syringes to reach him both Saki and Hajime managed to get involved. And he so clearly went faster than the arrows to save Mukaidou so why the flying fuck didn't he just let go and run away lmao

WHY IS MIRAI ACTING LIKE A MORALFAG IN FRONT OF A LITERAL DERANGED BIOTERRORIST. like bro, I get he wants to not have to kill as many people as he can, but he of all people should know that not everyone has positive views. Man literally hears the word 'happiness' and begins to climax at the idea. damn this is like that Shield Hero situation all over again

WHY DOES MIRAI ACTUALLY THINK "EXPOSING" METROHIPSTER-KUN WOULD DO ANYTHING WHEN HE LITERALLY MURDERED 2 PEOPLE INCLUDING A CHILD ON LIVE TELEVISION AND NO ONE GAVE A SHIT

WHY DID UGLY BASTARD-KUN HAVE TO DIE FOR THIS SHIT
Dec 23, 2021 3:09 PM

Mar 2020
Stark700 said:
It's crazy how far some characters go to make themselves known in this show. I mean, resorting to biological tactics and terrorism...Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I believe they really want to make every condidate unique. Mirai got himself into some pretty dangerous shit. Pretty tense episode.

those 3 weren't candidates, just "normal" people metropoliman shoot and gave them arrows
Dec 23, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Hajime's death happened unexpectedly and happened out of nowhere, a detail is that he felt happy in the end for having lived even though it was not a good life, in the end what matters is that you be happy.
I liked the parts of the episode referring to these dialogues from Hajime.
Dec 23, 2021 4:36 PM

Aug 2020
Bruh hajime died. Mirai's such a clown. What is this, I've seen that many times already. Will he still even grow from this show? This is getting pretty bad & bad every ep

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 23, 2021 4:42 PM

Jan 2021
That last second plan to kill the virus with the white arrow was really good
Dec 23, 2021 5:32 PM
Mar 2021
The MC is really getting on my nerves with his moral dilemma. A battle competing to become God and to stop this man from destroying the world and he sounds like a baby. Someone get this child some milk and put him to bed. Then the adults can worry about the rest.
Dec 23, 2021 6:11 PM

May 2020
Didn't Mukaidou shoot Mirai with a red arrow? Then how come he isn't doing a single thing that Mukaidou is telling him to do? This show can't even follow it's own rules. Absolute trash.
Dec 23, 2021 6:51 PM

Jul 2011
Was good that Hajime died, he was just a better person because of the red arrow. After 33 days he would be some crazy guy again.

Roaches dont kill people. Thats depends the point of view.
Dec 23, 2021 6:58 PM
Nov 2020
Xtrabtw said:
where do I watch the new episode, it's not on Crunchyroll??
its on Funimation
Dec 23, 2021 6:59 PM

Feb 2016
This battle really drags. I was hoping the anime would rush it. We still haven't gotten Metropoliman's full backstory.
その目だれの目?
Dec 23, 2021 7:31 PM

Oct 2016
Mukaido deserves better teammates.

Can't believe I am saying this, but respect to Hajime. At least, he took one down with him.
Dec 23, 2021 7:37 PM
Mar 2014
One of the worst MC I found in a while, absolutely trash, lmao
Dec 23, 2021 7:47 PM

Jan 2021
I've never wanted to bang my head against a wall so much. How many times am I gonna have to watch this guy swith between red and white without getting anything done? I get that he doesn't want to kill, and killing is a lot of weight to bear, but at some point he has to realize that his entire team, himself included, will end up dead if he keeps hesitating in crucial moments like this; I mean, if you're not going to kill anyone, at least do something with the red arrow to be of SOME use. I hope he gets some development with his decision making in the next cour.

Dec 23, 2021 9:00 PM
Mar 2021
How are they gonna stretch this out for another 12 episodes???
Dec 23, 2021 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
The mental gymnastics used in this episode omfg...
Dec 23, 2021 9:10 PM
May 2016
Just when I think this can't get any worse every episode does just that. I can't even imagine how bad this will be by the end.
Dec 23, 2021 10:20 PM

Mar 2021
I have realized that this show just has a Batman and Joker dynamic but significantly worse

It just seems to get worse every episode
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Dec 23, 2021 10:26 PM
Apr 2021
Can't ever understand what mirai thinks about. That guy is like f*cking pre schooler child with his mind. How tf are you gonna make metropoliman go to jail? Like come on man, just kill him and everything's done
Dec 23, 2021 10:28 PM
Apr 2021
GhostCow said:
Didn't Mukaidou shoot Mirai with a red arrow? Then how come he isn't doing a single thing that Mukaidou is telling him to do? This show can't even follow it's own rules. Absolute trash.

All of the rules doesn't apply to the mc. Like this is absolute shit
Dec 23, 2021 10:32 PM

May 2020
saki is just annoying like she said in that one ep that she want to be useful but in this ep proves that shes a liability in the team lol
Dec 23, 2021 11:23 PM
Jul 2020
Lewahoy said:
With each episode that passes, I'm creating more and more anger towards this protagonist, it's high time for him to grow mentally. How many people in your group will have to die because of him for him to change?
Iam just waiting when merai die's cuz I'll be "Shiawase" then, I think merai is not much less of a thread to this universe than metapoliam or whatever his name is
Dec 24, 2021 12:06 AM

Sep 2015
And all of a sudden Mirai has courage ?... what?

Seriously, can there be any more deeper meaning instead of recycling the "killing is bad"? It's gone so stale, especially
"happiness". "But it's wrong, it's wrong!" Even I could come up with better reasoning.

And it's so stale seeing Metropoliman, if hes the main villian throughout the whole 24 episodes, then it's boring.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 24, 2021 12:13 AM

Sep 2015
GhostCow said:

The whole red arrow concept is nothing more but pointless and a time waster.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 24, 2021 1:10 AM

Mar 2019
I know the source material has its issues, but goddamn do I f'ing hate this adaptation. It feels cheap and annoying. I'll stick around one more episode to see "that scene" happen, but I'm going to bail out after that. I am not enjoying this at all. It's ugly and I feel like they missed the mark somewhat in terms of tone.
Dec 24, 2021 1:11 AM
Aug 2015
This episode was really weak, as if we are 5 episodes back..
slow pacing with the same dilemmas. I'm not only starting to dislike the protagonist, but Metropolinman as well for not killing him off already and instead recycling villian phrases over and over.
Dec 24, 2021 1:19 AM
Dec 2010
Just when I think I can't dislike the MC any more than I already do, a new episode comes out and hole manages to get deeper.

Know what I hate more than an invincible OP? A one dimensional character. I don't care that this MC is weak or annoying, nearly as much as I care that there's nothing to motivate him. He just espouses the same trash every single episode. The only thing that evolves is his newest justification for refusing to kill one person, even if it means saving the entire world.

This whole, "I'll ruin my happiness if I kill one person" shtick is laughable. Because in his mind the happiness of two people (himself and the person he kill), outweigh literally an entire world worth of people. I DO NOT CARE if he is so self-aware about the illogical nature of it or how selfish he is being. It's garbage and the MC is horrendous.

I guess the final episodes of Death Note weren't just a fluke in bad writing. It's more like everything that made that series great was dumb luck and this is the norm.
Dec 24, 2021 1:24 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I guess they can just make up the rules to the game as they go along. Makes the script writing easier when you want certain things to happen. So today we're adding to the rulebook that white arrows can kill ANY living thing, including a virus. How convenient. Although after Mirai successfully disabled the virus, he kind of just stood there holding the slut doctor's hand for what felt like ten minutes. He's definitely not going to kill her, we've already established that he's a pussy. But there's another option: simply fly away?? Wings are fast enough to dodge arrows from heaven. I'm sure he could've escape some noodle needles. But no he kind of just stands there thinking of its wrong to kill this absolute psychopath who nearly wiped out an entire city. Makes sense.

Please please please let metropoliman fuck up this pussy in the next episode.

I'm also sad because this is probably the last episode where we get that god-tier ed, "Koufukuron" by Yuu Miyashita. Hope they replace it with an equally as banger of a song. Anyhow, don't get me wrong, I'm still really enjoying this. Just in the "it's so bad it's good" kind of way.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 24, 2021 1:52 AM

May 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:
I guess they can just make up the rules to the game as they go along. Makes the script writing easier when you want certain things to happen. So today we're adding to the rulebook that white arrows can kill ANY living thing, including a virus. How convenient. Although after Mirai successfully disabled the virus, he kind of just stood there holding the slut doctor's hand for what felt like ten minutes. He's definitely not going to kill her, we've already established that he's a pussy. But there's another option: simply fly away?? Wings are fast enough to dodge arrows from heaven. I'm sure he could've escape some noodle needles. But no he kind of just stands there thinking of its wrong to kill this absolute psychopath who nearly wiped out an entire city. Makes sense.

Please please please let metropoliman fuck up this pussy in the next episode.

I'm also sad because this is probably the last episode where we get that god-tier ed, "Koufukuron" by Yuu Miyashita. Hope they replace it with an equally as banger of a song. Anyhow, don't get me wrong, I'm still really enjoying this. Just in the "it's so bad it's good" kind of way.

btw the boyin the end didnt he got shot with the red arrow?
Dec 24, 2021 2:27 AM
Nov 2020
Dukino said:
I understand Mirai point of view a lot more now. At first it was hard to empathize with someone who wouldn't kill the worst kind of people but I get it now. Mirai saying to Metropoliman that he's less than a cockroach, which is true, that Mirai doesn't want to sully his hands or jeopardize his own happiness just to kill someone like Metropoliman. He definitely deserves to be killed but what that act would do to Mirai psyche would cost too much. It would live with him the rest of his life, those words his parents said ringing true. Things were pretty intense when Mirai walked over to the crazy virus lady. I didn't know how he would get out of there unscaved but it worked out for the most part. Hajime sacrificing himself to save Saki after she flew down to block the syringes from injecting Mirai. While slashing the syringe tubes and stabbing the virus lady. So an even loss for both sides in that moment. Mirai ready to face down Metropoliman once and for all.
im glad you said this. Basically it comes down to Mirai not wanting to live with the guilt and also I think the fact that he doesn’t want to murder anyone or take away anyone else chance at happiness might make him a better god candidate even if it’s annoying right now
Dec 24, 2021 2:42 AM

Oct 2008
friggin' sh*****%%(^&£%& MC is still LAME!!!
2/5.

Dec 24, 2021 2:46 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Amazing. Look at how the ball full of virus died just by the arrow, and they don’t even spread out when get released. I am really surprised 100%.

Damn, Hajime. Why the disgusting side character like you got the disgusting death like that? Feels like the author really don't like you with the way you died. Well, at least he's already said that, he found his happiness even though its sure need his whole life to realizing that. Rip...

In the other case, unexpectedly kid with trump card, i mean, mask, just easily running away after realizing more bullshit around, like the real champ. I wonder if the kid get another role on the second cour.

At last, the big battle within the two creep will arrive next episode, while Mukaido, unfortunately dying right there. Poor man. Idk whats the outcome. But like that gentle angel that unexpectedly become the spectator of the great match of the year, this is getting more interesting....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 24, 2021 2:57 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, so many edgelords in the comments...

People be hating on MC for not acting the way they would approve.
I for instance greatly respect MC and consider adding him into my favorites!
He's the rare type of person who stays true to his ideals/convictions, no matter what! That's such and underrated trait that is often seen by edgelords as weakness or naivety! (or absence o character development). In other words, people think MC should "grow some balls, or man up". Well here's a shocker... He's more manly than most of you!
To not give up on yourself when you meet great difficulties/chalanges in life - it's insanely hard and precisely why it's so rare and worth the praise!
MC values EVERY life, even if it's the life of a mortal enemy! People cry a lot about him being this way. They'd rather have him acting like your average human being and say "I'll make an exception and kill you, because I'm doing this in self-defense and shit". In other words, the majority would come up with a justification and be done with it.
MC is the type of guy who would rather die than kill someone. Imprint this in your heads and stop comparing this show with death note! It's been 12 episodes already. Get over it!
Dec 24, 2021 3:18 AM
Apr 2021
I'm getting know why this anime's rating outside of japan is low, well i kinda hate the MC, he is too much thinking, too much thought of such a "holy person" gghh watchin this only make me furious
Dec 24, 2021 3:31 AM

Oct 2021
Well I guess MC is going to be same for whole anime with no development which I respect as he sticks to his ideals rather than those who changes with time.
Ngl I am excited to see how they will execute next arc which is better than metropoliman one.(I haven't read manga yet)
Dec 24, 2021 3:32 AM

May 2020
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Wow, so many edgelords in the comments...

People be hating on MC for not acting the way they would approve.
I for instance greatly respect MC and consider adding him into my favorites!
He's the rare type of person who stays true to his ideals/convictions, no matter what! That's such and underrated trait that is often seen by edgelords as weakness or naivety! (or absence o character development). In other words, people think MC should "grow some balls, or man up". Well here's a shocker... He's more manly than most of you!
To not give up on yourself when you meet great difficulties/chalanges in life - it's insanely hard and precisely why it's so rare and worth the praise!
MC values EVERY life, even if it's the life of a mortal enemy! People cry a lot about him being this way. They'd rather have him acting like your average human being and say "I'll make an exception and kill you, because I'm doing this in self-defense and shit". In other words, the majority would come up with a justification and be done with it.
MC is the type of guy who would rather die than kill someone. Imprint this in your heads and stop comparing this show with death note! It's been 12 episodes already. Get over it!

well if he wasnt the mc, he prob be dead by now
Dec 24, 2021 3:33 AM

May 2018
Decided to drop this anime, MC doesnt seem like he can change

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Dec 24, 2021 3:55 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Episode was okay, pacing is decent. But they are talking a little bit too much i think. People in comments complaining about the MC every week, gets annoying.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dec 24, 2021 4:09 AM

Mar 2021
Hahahahah did he really stopped a VIRUS with a white arrow ?? Do writers have any idea how viruses work....

I can't believe they killed Hajime, he was an interesting character (definitely way more interesting than two main characters) And it's all stupid Mirai's fault, god I hate him so much.. He is useless and only harms people around him. I think Mukaidou got sick because of his stupidity. Did he even cared when Hajime died, I think he got more upset that bio-lady died.

And how exactly red arrows work again ? I'm pretty sure in the first episode, Mirai's aunt killed herself because Mirai shot her with the red arrow. So why Mirai hesitated so much when Mukaidou said ''Just kill them'' about 100 times...

Also I can't understand how some people like Mirai's ''ideals''... his ideals are that ''no one should die'' but everytime because of his hesaitation and stupidity more people dies..
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Dec 24, 2021 4:39 AM

Nov 2013
@Natsude_tanaka

well if he wasnt the mc, he prob be dead by now

Honestly, that applies to 99% of all MC's out there though xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.