Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2021 8:07 PM

Mar 2020
Amazing chapter it had so many parallels and with awesome artwork.

PARALLELS

1. Two OP characters fight and one of them is a no.1 hero reminds me of USJ arc when AM(All Might) defeated USJ Nomu and Kirishima, Todoroki, Bakugo and Deku were shocked seeing how strong and how a pro works this is what i felt when i watched SnS fight even in the vestige world.

2. A true hero never kills an innocent and wins by saving people, a thought which All Might believe and made it possible. SnS did that too, she saved her co-pilot.

3. All Might believes that self sacrifice is very noble and that is what her self proclaimed disciple SnS did...self sacrificed herself and never gave up...she is still fighting in the vestige world.

4. When AFO said Deku that the path of vigilante he chose will drain away his soul and his heart and he became edgy which is very opposite of what he is and his friends stopped him from going astray but it was true that constant fighting was still needed and that was done by SnS...she is a pro who understands that and she offered herself to weaken Shigaraki so that the main cast can defeat him...a sacrifice but a very necessary one and is not bad writing at all.

AFO said that the quirk he took has the vestiges of original owner who fights but were silent because of AFO's aura and since Shiggy is even a bigger aura of fear and wants destruction seeing SnS not being affected is so very like her mentor.

The artwork is so good...AFO is scared ughh so satisfying to watch and his plan is crumbling ig.

AFO controlled Shigaraki will pass the quirk to Nomu voz thats the only thing he knows.

New Order of her other quirks not defeating her and she beating the shit out in the vestige world is so so so satisfying.

Ik people didn't liked this arc and I never said this and might sound toxic but I will say it I won't even try to defend coz the whole arc of good writing is an evidence and can stand for blind critics and wrong takes maybe even worse takes.

I am pretty sure when this gets animated based OST by Yuki Hayashi and killer visuals by Bones will make me cry for sure.

Star and Stripes came with a smash and is going on with a smash and will end with a smash. A help which current Deku needed to defeat Shiggy + AFO.

Love this mini fictional USA arc of helping Japan. SnS will be remembered and thats how you write a character with less screentime and a huge impact.

No break next week.

Go Beyond, PLUS ULTRA !!!
Nov 12, 2021 1:14 AM

Mar 2015
even i hate the plotline implication, i would fucking lie if i say this chapter wasn't great. she is goddamn badass. shame she just another tool to show how dangerous shigaraki/AFO is. also the last part of quirk is just weird.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 12, 2021 1:37 AM

May 2020
Even that glimmer of a hope of her making it back alive got well and truly destroyed. So just 4-5 chapters in the end, showing a new powerful character only to get them beaten badly by Shigaraki and moreover taking their quirks too. This isn't enough to make anyone pity their worthless deaths after all we are back to square one with Shigaraki holding everyone down and still being at the top.
Nov 12, 2021 1:39 AM

Apr 2014
This chapter was freaking crazy. Like wow... It was somewhat obvious of what was going to happen. But Stars and Stripes made one last ditch move which is to have New Order revolt against the other quirks. Thus making self destruction from the inside. I still hate the idea of Stars and Stripes having to die early. But it was to be expected. Now the only thing left is for her team to vaporize Shigaraki or whatever he is now. However, they won't be killing or vaporizing Shigaraki, that Nomu flying at the end is going to save Shigaraki. That is not looking good at all. All that Shigaraki or whatever he is now needs to give New Order away and that's it. The only question is will Shigaraki still be in top condition to still fight? Which I question greatly on.
Nov 12, 2021 1:50 AM
Aug 2016
This should have been a good chapter. But one question... What is afo protecting among his useless basic quirks that he can't just allow the stars and stripes to destroy it all and take her quirk as a solo... Except maybe his regeneration.. But still. New order can solo Japan
Nov 12, 2021 1:52 AM
Aug 2016
i_m_a_hero_too said:

PARALLELS

1. Two OP characters fight and one of them is a no.1 hero reminds me of USJ arc when AM(All Might) defeated USJ Nomu and Kirishima, Todoroki, Bakugo and Deku were shocked seeing how strong and how a pro works this is what i felt when i watched SnS fight even in the vestige world.

2. A true hero never kills an innocent and wins by saving people, a thought which All Might believe and made it possible. SnS did that too, she saved her co-pilot.

3. All Might believes that self sacrifice is very noble and that is what her self proclaimed disciple SnS did...self sacrificed herself and never gave up...she is still fighting in the vestige world.

4. When AFO said Deku that the path of vigilante he chose will drain away his soul and his heart and he became edgy which is very opposite of what he is and his friends stopped him from going astray but it was true that constant fighting was still needed and that was done by SnS...she is a pro who understands that and she offered herself to weaken Shigaraki so that the main cast can defeat him...a sacrifice but a very necessary one and is not bad writing at all.

AFO said that the quirk he took has the vestiges of original owner who fights but were silent because of AFO's aura and since Shiggy is even a bigger aura of fear and wants destruction seeing SnS not being affected is so very like her mentor.

The artwork is so good...AFO is scared ughh so satisfying to watch and his plan is crumbling ig.

AFO controlled Shigaraki will pass the quirk to Nomu voz thats the only thing he knows.

New Order of her other quirks not defeating her and she beating the shit out in the vestige world is so so so satisfying.

Ik people didn't liked this arc and I never said this and might sound toxic but I will say it I won't even try to defend coz the whole arc of good writing is an evidence and can stand for blind critics and wrong takes maybe even worse takes.

I am pretty sure when this gets animated based OST by Yuki Hayashi and killer visuals by Bones will make me cry for sure.

Star and Stripes came with a smash and is going on with a smash and will end with a smash. A help which current Deku needed to defeat Shiggy + AFO.

Love this mini fictional USA arc of helping Japan. SnS will be remembered and thats how you write a character with less screentime and a huge impact.

No break next week.

Which huge impact 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. It doesn't take out of you to stop digging and digging for shit to pull to call a chapter good when it's obviously just bs even if it's your favorite author
Nov 12, 2021 2:09 AM

Dec 2020
Star: “Did you really think taking my quirk and killing me will finish me?”

From a fan, this is pure dues ex machina shit going on here. I cannot see a clear path on where we are going. I won't lie, but this arc needs to move on. Well, every story is gotta have it's bad arcs. Hopefully we get some progression next week.
nakkki said:
This should have been a good chapter. But one question... What is afo protecting among his useless basic quirks that he can't just allow the stars and stripes to destroy it all and take her quirk as a solo... Except maybe his regeneration.. But still. New order can solo Japan

I guess its AFO itself. Since it can both steal and give quirks. Quite resourceful(for AfO that is). Or it could be his ageing, since he is 100 years old and he is on life support too.

Finally killing Star was a dick move, coz what's Gran Torino gonna do? Kick AFO's ass with the life support machine?
Anyways, REST IN POWER KATHLEEN BATE. YOU WILL BE MISSED BY YOUR BROTHERS.
TRULY A NO.1 HERO.
FakeNekoNov 12, 2021 2:12 AM

Nov 12, 2021 3:35 AM

Jul 2020
So she just died huh. It was already predictable that she was going to die because Hori has been using the same formula since Nighteye came.

Introduce a character and after a couple of chapters make them irrelevant or kill them. It happened with Nighteye, Lady Nagant and now Star.

The repetition is getting annoying now, I thought Hori improved his writing after Mva but seems like he's stuck with his old formula. Now if All Might would've died it would've had a much bigger impact than Star's death.

This is actually the first chapter that disappointed me so much after Mva.

Idk man, I'm probably pissed that Villains are losing out of nowhere because they have been winning from the past couple of chapters. This might be a nitpick but I can't help it.

Also, I have a question, when Shigaraki took New Order, Star said "New Order will revolt against other quirks" but Shigaraki already took her quirk so how can her quirk still listen to Star? Is it another asspull like when the spirits of One for all protected Deku during the Sports Festival from Shinso?
ScordoloNov 12, 2021 3:58 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 12, 2021 3:41 AM

Sep 2013
I don't really understand the implication, but this might be the first time things didn't go the villains way in hundreds of chapters.
Nov 12, 2021 4:06 AM
Jun 2015
Welp that was pretty bad. 4 chapters annnd shes gone!
Nov 12, 2021 4:09 AM
Jan 2018
The two best parts of this chapter was imagining a japanese VA yelling "My Brothers" with the ridiculous enthusiasm only Japanese voice acting can give you. The other best part was the incredible artwork. The story was as horrible as the artwork was fantastic. For real.

MHA has a new worst arc now. Worse than Gentle's arc, an arc I found perfectly fine. Worse than a music competition that was drawn with Chimera Ant Arc level artwork. Worse than any other arc you have inside your head or your heart. I would prefer another Kaguya situation to the way Horikoshi weakened the Shigaraki Bros. You take literally the strongest person you can and make them lose in the most unsatisfying way. It's like Horikoshi only read garbage level DC and Marvel Comics. This is not how you sacrifice the greatest champion in a superhero story.

Stars and Stripes never deserved this kind of storytelling. The greatest hero the world has to offer deserves more than 5 chapters. And Shigaraki Bros deserves a better foe. The only answer I can come up with is how much Japanese creators hate on the USA and try to come up with ways to make our representatives in their stories lose pathetically. If that's the case, perhaps OFA can use its power to help Japan's birth rate. That would be a real use of super powers.
Nov 12, 2021 4:46 AM

Oct 2017
Stars stayed a badass till the end but sadly this ain't enough to take Shigaraki/AFO down.
Nov 12, 2021 6:19 AM

Apr 2018
Well, that's it for the number one hero from America, Stars and Stripe. She did not deserve to die like that, I wanted her to meet Deku or All might but the story is not made for her.
Anyway, Shigaraki was able to steal her quirk but she imposed 2 rules on them. She didn't allow herself to be decayed and the other rule was to destroy the quirks within AFO. Shigaraki blowing up was mad funny. Rest in peace for Kaithlee "MY BROTHERS!''

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 12, 2021 6:38 AM

Jan 2014
they should have rendered Star Stripes quirkless/powerless/critically injuried and live to tell the tale. disintegrating her is a poor choice in my opinion.

Shigaraki trying to give Kaithlee quirk to her brother. if he succeed, her brothers gonna use her quirk and get revenge, I think.

did AFO just comes out of Shigaraki?
Nov 12, 2021 6:57 AM

Nov 2016
At least she went out in an epic way. This was insane.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2021 7:12 AM

Dec 2020
Scordolo said:
So she just died huh. It was already predictable that she was going to die because Hori has been using the same formula since Nighteye came.

Introduce a character and after a couple of chapters make them irrelevant or kill them. It happened with Nighteye, Lady Nagant and now Star.

The repetition is getting annoying now, I thought Hori improved his writing after Mva but seems like he's stuck with his old formula. Now if All Might would've died it would've had a much bigger impact than Star's death.

Idk man, I'm probably pissed that Villains are losing out of nowhere because they have been winning from the past couple of chapters. This might be a nitpick but I can't help it.

Also, I have a question, when Shigaraki took New Order, Star said "New Order will revolt against other quirks" but Shigaraki already took her quirk so how can her quirk still listen to Star? Is it another asspull like when the spirits of One for all protected Deku during the Sports Festival from Shinso?

She actually said it before he could take the quirk, or she must have made the second order the same before he could disintegrate her

Nov 12, 2021 7:40 AM
Mar 2021
Shigaraki got Muzan'ed, huh?
Nov 12, 2021 8:29 AM
Jan 2019
Scordolo said:

it worked because she had planned for shiggy to take the quirk so she set it up before hand
Nov 12, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2016
Not liking what hirikoshi is doing with the story at all, it feels like he's rushing through these final chapters

Strongest hero outside japan? well she could have some interesting intera... and she's gone
Nov 12, 2021 8:41 AM

Feb 2016
While it was a good chapter, I don't get what the point of introducing a new character is when you're just gonna kill them off like 5 chapters later.
Nov 12, 2021 8:51 AM

Jul 2020
sumchi said:
While it was a good chapter, I don't get what the point of introducing a new character is when you're just gonna kill them off like 5 chapters later.

Yeah, at least we got to spend one whole month with her, but Anime only fans are gonna get even more pissed cuz she'll be only for 1-2 episodes. Hori is definitely rushing the story at this point.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 12, 2021 9:06 AM

Aug 2021
Everyone were saying Stars should make a rule that her quirk wouldn't be stolen, this and that blablabla which is predictable and just lazy writing compared to what Hori did, the new order will revolt against the other quirks is 100x better imo because it's much more intense, bro I was on the edge of my seat, it was unpredictable since no one predicted that rule.

Goodbye Stars and Stripes, although you've been with us in a short time but at least you made the current arc badass and so much hype.
Nov 12, 2021 9:07 AM

Mar 2014
RIP, her death was inevitable but at least she went down with a fight.

Although while Shigaraki is weakened, its defiantly not the end of his wrath. Buckle up Japan, because America wasn't truly enough to even stop him...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 12, 2021 9:27 AM

Aug 2021
nakkki said:
i_m_a_hero_too said:

PARALLELS

No break next week.

Which huge impact 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. It doesn't take out of you to stop digging and digging for shit to pull to call a chapter good when it's obviously just bs even if it's your favorite author
Let him/her be, at least he/she constructed a good analysis on the chapter unlike you spamming emojis and just pure hate with no other intention than to hurt or belittle someone - that goes far beyond reasonable complaints and does not aim to offer anything constructive.
Nov 12, 2021 9:41 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
RIP Stars.

A fairly interesting character, obviously meant to resemble a female All Might - in all his American days glory.

However, she was a clear red-shirt from the start.
Nov 12, 2021 11:21 AM

Jul 2020
1. Introduce new character
2. Give them powerful ability
3. Kill them
4. ???
5. Profit
Nov 12, 2021 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
damn Star and Stripe is dead so early what a waste of cool character and she did not even see All Might one last time, im imagining All Might x Star and Stripe ever since i first saw her lol

but now she will be like Ghost that is Haunting All For One from now on so that will weaken All For One

maybe in the future when All Might dies too and be part of One For All then New Order can be part of One For All somehow especially when Shigaraki is about to enter Dekus One For All dimension again
Nov 12, 2021 11:40 AM
May 2021
So it was a good chapter but Stars & Stripes is now gone lol like she died and now thats it. Couldn’t care less shes gone tbh. Idk man but mha rating for me is going down…
Nov 12, 2021 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
Hm using the strongest hero from the US to just weaken Shigaraki...
Hopefully he will be significantly weakened at the least. But since we never knew how many quirks AFO had its going to be hard to point out how much weaker he is going to be.
Nov 12, 2021 2:14 PM

Dec 2020
couldve been a great character if she were introduced early, its sad really. good chapter, though i wont lie that the chapters with a lot of long monologuing bore me
Nov 12, 2021 2:14 PM
Dec 2016
nakkki said:
afo is a quirk. Afo’s soul isn’t inside shigaraki his quirk is that’s what vestages are not spirits like people keep headcanoning
Nov 12, 2021 3:41 PM

Jul 2019
Insane chapter but it's too bad Star was introduced so late, it makes her death feel cheap/rushed even if the execution was pretty good.
Nov 12, 2021 6:13 PM
Nov 2016
I personally could not give a flying shit about that girl dying, she's just a filler character at this point, she was introduced late only to be killed right away like a filler character.

This was barely a loss, this just feels like a cheap way of killing characters, a real loss would have been to kill characters that we've seen from the beginning, All Might's death would have been a real loss, this new character appeared way too late and killing her off is just a cheap way of bringing tension to this manga, I rather feel the tension by killing off characters that we've seen from the beginning, killing filler characters this late like her is just meaningless.

I guess the author just wanted some bullshit way to reduce Shigaraki's abilities because let's be honest, that guy is such a bullshit character with that powerup that he got, he's Majin Buu level of bullshit now.
Nov 12, 2021 7:58 PM

Jun 2014
Well it was nice to spend a whole 5 chapters with Star. Smh, such a dope character with one of the most broken Quirks in this manga and she's gone just like that. The chapter itself, with the action and all that, was great but boy was this a massively disappointing end to Star's character, despite how predictable the outcome was.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 12, 2021 10:53 PM

Mar 2020
Scordolo said:

Whenever AFO takes a quirk the vestige of the original user also goes with them...AFO's demonic figure and his stong will makes the vestiges silent and he uses them as he wishes...SnS was strong willed and since she used 3 rules before her quirk got stole the first rule of her super strength got cancelled and then her quirk got stolen which means the aura order was also cancelled and the quirk got stolen then SnS applied the rule of she is invincible inside the vestige world and there you go...even if Shiggy gives the quirk to Nomu he wont be able to ise it cz Nomu follow orders and plus SnS said no quirk will affect her so the quirk moght not even get transferred but thats my speculation and regarding writing idk...if it is enjoyable then it is good writing...look at how many parallels and how much growth and her uniqueness we got to see from her...Hori Said that the final arc will have same ideas as the series beginning I don't like Nighteye death coz it did nothing but other two characters had their roles come to spotlight and also affected Deku's mentality of a grey world and making Shigaraki less OP now coz that what happens when two pros fight...it gets over in no time with big moves coz they are OP and know what they are doing
Nov 12, 2021 10:59 PM

Mar 2020
nakkki said:
i_m_a_hero_too said:

PARALLELS

No break next week.

we are in the end game of the manga which means we struck to it because the characters and the story pulled us along to read and obviously we would look up or as u said dig up since at the end the most important thing is what the characters wanted and did they achieved it and are they satisfied with it...this is Deku's biography of how he became the worlds greatest hero... surely he hasn't achieved it but is on his way...look how much he changed and so did Shigaraki...he is too strong that he is too unfair but AFO planned this century ago and they need someone to make a sacrifice of what i called a broken quirk is what i called an OP quirk which is a rarity and its good since two OP quirks are cancelling each other to make the future fights look good...5 chaps in but with a lot of things that make her unique...i did wrote about it in the first post...if its enjoyable then its good writing imo...feel free to disagree with me or agree with me but this is what i feel.
Nov 13, 2021 12:09 AM

Oct 2018
JustAnAnimeList said:
1. Introduce new character
2. Give them powerful ability
3. Kill them
4. ???
5. Profit

I liked the chapter but this is hilarious 😂
Falling into the Romcom hole. Shonen still my favorite tho.
Nov 13, 2021 6:57 AM

Jul 2020
i_m_a_hero_too said:
Scordolo said:

Whenever AFO takes a quirk the vestige of the original user also goes with them...AFO's demonic figure and his stong will makes the vestiges silent and he uses them as he wishes...SnS was strong willed and since she used 3 rules before her quirk got stole the first rule of her super strength got cancelled and then her quirk got stolen which means the aura order was also cancelled and the quirk got stolen then SnS applied the rule of she is invincible inside the vestige world and there you go...even if Shiggy gives the quirk to Nomu he wont be able to ise it cz Nomu follow orders and plus SnS said no quirk will affect her so the quirk moght not even get transferred but thats my speculation and regarding writing idk...if it is enjoyable then it is good writing...look at how many parallels and how much growth and her uniqueness we got to see from her...Hori Said that the final arc will have same ideas as the series beginning I don't like Nighteye death coz it did nothing but other two characters had their roles come to spotlight and also affected Deku's mentality of a grey world and making Shigaraki less OP now coz that what happens when two pros fight...it gets over in no time with big moves coz they are OP and know what they are doing

"if it is enjoyable then it is good writing" I don't understand how you came up with this logic when there is a thing called " Guilty Pleasure".
"it gets over in no time with big moves coz they are OP"
Yeah, it gets over in no time but that happens if it is a one sided fight. But here the series introduced Star like she's something big but she got easily defeated by Shigaraki in no time. We still don't know what will happen to Shigaraki so I'm still waiting before fully judging her character writing.
And I don't think the grey mentality affected Deku in any way cuz he looks perfectly normal when he came back to UA just like how he was in the beginning.
Hori should've showed us Deku's POV when he came back to Ua and his reaction to Uraraka protecting him but we never got to see any of thatmand Hori just jumped straight to the fight.
Idk man, I'm still hoping that she'll survive somehow cuz this series is known for pulling BS's and I'll not be surprised if it does pull one.
ScordoloNov 13, 2021 7:00 AM

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 13, 2021 9:06 AM

Mar 2020
@Scordolo i agree with the lack of Deku's POV the only thing that i wanted...he said that the world isn't black or grey with his fight with Nagant but when asked Nagant to join it showed that Deku has found a solution to that grey view of the world and i think that when Deku will confront a villain and will not kill them and there will be an argument with 1A and him about saving or not and at that point we will know about that.

Yes, this arc is fast paced and very much because the war arc was only a hours long but was 50+ chaps and here a few months passed maybe because Togashi the current editor's last manga's were axed so thats why?...I also feared that SnS will be used to show Shigaraki's buff but she actually did and proved that why she is strong and in the vestige world she is still fighting and is sacrificed but was actually needed to help Deku and it was necessary and two broken or OP quirks were removed at the same time...people are saying New Order is broken or OP but characters with OP quirks did existed before she was introduced like OFA, Shoto and Mutation type quirks but people are reacting way too much now than they did before which is confusing.

I have never seen someone saying "it wasn't enjoyable but was good writing" so that is the logic behind my take...i actually didn't wanted to make that statement and it would make me sound toxic but as i believe in enjoyment is the most important factor this chapter was very enjoyable...were there any stupid stuff happening? Yes SnS new order of quirk being revolting other quirks was very stupid as it is but her limitations of quirk were never explained which is intentional so i will take it since nothing is perfect and i think this sentence makes me sound as if i am desperately trying to defend the series but okay.

"If it was one sided fight then it would be over easily"...yes but remember the USJ arc...was it one sided? No, Nomu was also delivering equal amount of punches to AM but still looked cool coz AM knew what he was doing and was No.1 for nothing just like SnS as of this arc... fight happens so that one can win and show how cool they are and this is the result of this fight...she was shown cool and she was disposed off as a cool character like how AM was retired...AFO looked stupidity strong and is a OP quirk so was OFA...if these two fights of OP v OP characters look cool so why doesn't this fight appease the fans? The only reason i think is SnS needed some time to establish herself which i think is a legit reason.

And another reason which i think is very stupid af is people are trying to judge a writing more than consuming the stuff present...ik which sounds stupid af but idk...maybe i became a toxic stan...ignore this statement if u can.
Nov 13, 2021 10:34 AM

Jul 2020
@i_m_a_hero_too Okay if I take my enjoyment factor for this battle, it was still very much unsatisfactory on Star's par (waiting to see the consequence of what will happen to Shigaraki. Star should've lived to tell the tale and could've helped in training Deku to defeat Shigaraki and in return, Deku could've seen the World's Strongest Female Hero's full power and would've gotten the idea how strong he should become. All Might was never at his peak when Deku met him for the first time so that doesn't count. Whereas, Star is currently at her peak.

Yes, All Might did looked cool when he defeated All for one, but in All Might's case he RETIRED and his spirit still lives on, but Star just died and we never even got to spend much time with her. I'd say All Might retiring had a much bigger impact than Star dying because we have been with All Might since the beginning and as for Star, we have just been with her for like a month making us more time to actually care for All Might. All Might retiring also has a bigger impact to his character since he is WITNESSING the society of heroes falling and he questioning himself about his title and in turn, Stain helping him to regrow himself back.

In Star's case, we neither got to see her past before she died, nor did we see any of her major battles until now and thus, making her death unsatisfactory.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 13, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2020
Scordolo said:
@i_m_a_hero_too Okay if I take my enjoyment factor for this battle, it was still very much unsatisfactory on Star's par (waiting to see the consequence of what will happen to Shigaraki. Star should've lived to tell the tale and could've helped in training Deku to defeat Shigaraki and in return, Deku could've seen the World's Strongest Female Hero's full power and would've gotten the idea how strong he should become. All Might was never at his peak when Deku met him for the first time so that doesn't count. Whereas, Star is currently at her peak.

Yes, All Might did looked cool when he defeated All for one, but in All Might's case he RETIRED and his spirit still lives on, but Star just died and we never even got to spend much time with her. I'd say All Might retiring had a much bigger impact than Star dying because we have been with All Might since the beginning and as for Star, we have just been with her for like a month making us more time to actually care for All Might. All Might retiring also has a bigger impact to his character since he is WITNESSING the society of heroes falling and he questioning himself about his title and in turn, Stain helping him to regrow himself back.

In Star's case, we neither got to see her past before she died, nor did we see any of her major battles until now and thus, making her death unsatisfactory.
Since AM is considered the strongest hero ever existed but having a different point of view can also have him grow...look at his internship with Endeavour...now Deku can use OFA and BlackWhip at the same time.

Don't forget that within 3 days Shigaraki's body would have been completed and this fight is just day one so having another training arc would have bored.

SnS got less screentime i agree but none of the characters we know could have done shit to Shigaraki as of now so introducing another character was the only way ig...would have loved another Shigaraki v AFO vestige fight but AFO already won that and was and is still controlling his body.

I might be wrong and I want it to be wrong but what if SnS backstory can be shown as movie4 considering movie3 did really good? Pls no more movies show the canon stuff already and end the series.
Nov 13, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2020
@i_m_a_hero_too Star was in Two Heroes too, so it's definitely plausible that her backstory will appear in Movie 4. Like how All Might's backstory was in the form of Ova.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 13, 2021 2:24 PM
Jul 2019
Turning a character we only just met into a plot device then trying so desperately to quickly flesh them out in an overly melodramatic manner with demon slayer-like flashbacks. Mha is so gooooooood man.
_Arc4n1_Nov 13, 2021 2:28 PM

Nov 14, 2021 7:40 AM

Sep 2007
MOUAHAHAHAHA !
It's was so bad ... Really, like creating a new character, the best one of United States ...
To die like that after 6 chapters. :')
Oh damn ...
Nov 14, 2021 8:14 AM

Apr 2020
[All these new badass female characters, and we lose them immediately. This sucks!]
Star is gone but with a bang! it's so satisfying to see ever calm and collected AFO getting desperate. Honestly, I kinda like this development. Losing the physical Star is rough, but on the flip side at least her vestige will be kicking ass against AFO! Delivering the nerf needed!

Nov 14, 2021 8:21 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
We all knew it was coming. There was just no way she would defeat All For One, because then that would make Deku and One For All useless. A total shame considering how great of a character she was.

I actually said "holy shit" outloud when her quirk was just annihilating AFO from the inside. That was incredibly clever on Star's part. I'm genuinely curious what the implications of this would be. AFO himself said she was destroying his quirks, such as Reflect. How many more will he lose before getting rid of New Order? I'm hoping by some twist of fate that Deku gets it, but I doubt it.

We'll miss you Star!

Nov 14, 2021 8:40 AM

Mar 2021
Lol. I'm not even surprised SnS died so quickly... It's actually funny how she just got introduced as USA's best, only to be just another Shigaraki Stepping Stone™️.

I hate how the story is going, but the art is insane, not gonna lie

xZabuzax said:
I personally could not give a flying shit about that girl dying, she's just a filler character at this point, she was introduced late only to be killed right away like a filler character.

This was barely a loss, this just feels like a cheap way of killing characters, a real loss would have been to kill characters that we've seen from the beginning, All Might's death would have been a real loss, this new character appeared way too late and killing her off is just a cheap way of bringing tension to this manga, I rather feel the tension by killing off characters that we've seen from the beginning, killing filler characters this late like her is just meaningless.

I guess the author just wanted some bullshit way to reduce Shigaraki's abilities because let's be honest, that guy is such a bullshit character with that powerup that he got, he's Majin Buu level of bullshit now.

Oh and btw, Shigaraki didn't lose his HyPeR ReGeNeRaTiOn (in other words, the quirk of Plot Armor™️), at least for now. If he doesn't lose that bullshit regeneration then this whole fight would be absolutely meaningless.
AbsoluteCinemaNov 14, 2021 8:45 AM

Nov 14, 2021 9:03 AM
Feb 2020
Softhenic03 said:
Even that glimmer of a hope of her making it back alive got well and truly destroyed. So just 4-5 chapters in the end, showing a new powerful character only to get them beaten badly by Shigaraki and moreover taking their quirks too. This isn't enough to make anyone pity their worthless deaths after all we are back to square one with Shigaraki holding everyone down and still being at the top.

Well, I have read a lot of posts saying that Star and Stripes's death was useless and that she was an irrelevant character...
I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE READING, do they even pay attention??🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

She died but she won the battle, she has eliminated quirks from AFO and know AFO has to return the "New order" quirk because if he doesn't it will destroy him MORE THAN IT HAS NOW. So NO, Star and Stripes was neither useless nor irrelevant, she WASN'T another Shigaraki Stepping Stone, she did what she had to do, she contributed A LOT to weaken AFO, and did a GREAT sacrifice, showing at the same time her huge sense of heroism and the boundless legacy of All Might, that even indirectly, AFO is still having troubles with All Might. Her character leaves me with a very good taste in my mouth. Good Bye Cassie💪🏼😢😢

For me, that I actually PAID ATTENTION, this was a GREAT chapter, I am dying to know what is next, and what AFO will do.
Nov 14, 2021 10:44 AM

Jun 2014
Hirokoshi can’t keep an insanely cool side character alive to save his life. At least she didn’t lose her quirk and get banished to the role of “self-introspective dialogue about their own uselessness while they think about Deku” role but sucks that she literally just existed as a plot device to nerf Shigaraki. What a fucking waste.
Nov 14, 2021 11:05 AM

Dec 2013
RIP Star. At least she's going down fighting.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

16 by IzanaSolos »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.