Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2021 12:06 AM

Mar 2020
SnS(Star and Stripes) is very much alike like AM (All Might)

AM tried to punch way faster and harder to the USJ Nomu so that he wouldn't regenerate and take shock absorption fully and SnS is attacking and attacking stronger and faster to make Hazy Shigaraki,AFO,Tenko and as we can see in that skinless Shigaraki panel ... The art is so good and props to Shigaraki to figure out SnS has two rules max considering that USA tried to keep her quirks limits confidential.

Before anyone says she got jobbed I have a few thoughts on how the battle might end...
Since Shigaraki is now more crazier than ever and just wants destruction nothing else its is very possible that SnS also felt his demonic aura and might face the fear of death and get her quirk awakening and have 3 rules at max...
or She might have used a rule on herself and will know in the next chap...
After the Tiamat attack Endeavour noticed that and flew straight towards her and will join her with other pro heroes too since Japan got the info from her fleet and Agpar.

The look on SnS face before it got touched by Shigaraki tells that she has a plan already...she ain't the no.1 USA hero and the strongest woman in MHAverse for nothing...OP characters always deliver.

No break next week.

Go Beyond, PLUS ULTRA!!!
Nov 5, 2021 2:09 AM

Apr 2014
Dude. Seriously. What is with that?! What a freaking damn genius. But seriously. How in the hell is Shigaraki or whatever that 'thing' is going to be beaten now?! What is the manga author going to do now?! Freaking all life given to me.
Nov 5, 2021 2:25 AM

Jan 2009
Star and Stripes would rather die than see her comrades die there

its over even if Star and Stripes survives her quirk will be with Shigaraki or All For One now
Nov 5, 2021 2:39 AM
Aug 2016
Well.......... That was bullshit... Plot armor garaki going really strong. Can't wait for how optimistic punch boy will do better than this
Nov 5, 2021 2:41 AM

Nov 2008
All I have to say is HOLY SHIT, Crazy Zombie Shiguraki and one last thing for Halloween, really hyped to see this in the Anime.

Also I think Star is dead next chapter and if that's really the case, wow, she didn't last long.

Oh yeah, HOW THE FLYING HELL is Deku and everyone going to defeat this absolute monster.

HollowIchigo58Nov 5, 2021 3:02 AM
Nov 5, 2021 2:52 AM

Jan 2009
i think the reason Star and Stripes cannot get more stronger than All Might is because she admires All Might a lot like she thinks he is the strongest hero

the quirk New Order is therefore limited by the users perception of things like her self-perception or self-image so ye she cannot imagine being more stronger than her hero All Might
Nov 5, 2021 3:19 AM

Dec 2020
This gets insane weekly, and I love it
Shigaraki is just way too smart for this shit
As for the chapter, it kinda has a weird effect on me.
But anyways, can't wait to see where this insanity goes. Like seriously this much plot armor to Shigaraki???!!! Kinda makes me think if Deku is really a protagonist

Nov 5, 2021 3:19 AM

Oct 2017
Shigaraki/AFO gonna get her quirk and power up. How can Midoriya or anyone else gonna manage to take him down after that lol?
Nov 5, 2021 3:30 AM

May 2020
So it's the end of Star and Stripes, and now even her quirk would be of Shigaraki's. Not that I wasn't expecting.
Nov 5, 2021 4:20 AM

Mar 2015
another cool character just to be stepping stone of shigaraki/deku. The character could have been a pork with a quirk and the role played story wise would have been the same. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 5, 2021 4:29 AM
Aug 2016
Kuma said:
another cool character just to be stepping stone of shigaraki/deku. The character could have been a pork with a quirk and the role played story wise would have been the same. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Her character was soooo unnecessary. And ofc hori has to put that she values the lives of her comrades over the mission. Very convenient for her to lose
Nov 5, 2021 4:50 AM
Jun 2014
if this really is the end for her, then it might be my end for MHA as well. i dislike the recent developments. deku i can accept, but AFO getting one OP quirk after the other? decay alone is overpowered as is.

i prefered the simpler times, now its just some early DBZ level bs
Nov 5, 2021 6:07 AM

Mar 2021
Yeah the fight looks cool and all but my Bullshit Counter™️ is OFF THE CHARTS!!!!!

nakkki said:
Well.......... That was bullshit... Plot armor garaki going really strong. Can't wait for how optimistic punch boy will do better than this

But of course... with the power of friendship!

Nov 5, 2021 7:12 AM

Mar 2020
deg said:
i think the reason Star and Stripes cannot get more stronger than All Might is because she admires All Might a lot like she thinks he is the strongest hero

the quirk New Order is therefore limited by the users perception of things like her self-perception or self-image so ye she cannot imagine being more stronger than her hero All Might
But didn't the pilots say that she is trying to match AM's strength? It looks like she is just trying to be like him just like how Deku was but Deku decided to make OFA his own so will SnS try to be herself? Like fighting style that suits her? Coz she is fighting with a bunch of people under her ,AM was mostly going solo so it looks like either this is her end or she will get a devlopment

Kuma said:
nakkki said:
Kuma said:

Her character was soooo unnecessary. And ofc hori has to put that she values the lives of her comrades over the mission. Very convenient for her to lose
Paul_Foreign said:
Yeah the fight looks cool and all but my Bullshit Counter™️ is OFF THE CHARTS!!!!!

nakkki said:

But of course... with the power of friendship!

the people of the MHAverse and us readers don't know much about her quirk plus its limitations as well so saying that it is a stepping stone at this point is wrong coz nothing is confirmed.

Quirks is a worldwide phenomenon and plus Shigaraki was already a bigger threat in the war arc so obviously world leaders and heroes will try to stop him coz the dude disrupted the whole of Japan, a country's peace, the aftermath of the war arc so SnS has to be introduced.

She was already told to be OP and saying her quirk is broken doesn't makes sense coz OP characters stand out and her quirk is her standing out point plus we were told of Shigaraki being completed as a new being with new power...the research of quirk singularity only AFO was interested so he had an edge above all people with quirks for a century so obviously he is insanely strong now...no plot armor bs.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeNov 5, 2021 7:34 AM
Nov 5, 2021 9:17 AM

Mar 2015
Man, I'm so sick of shigaraki. Endeavour better come and save the day otherwise everyone is f*cked if he gets his hands on her quirk.
Nov 5, 2021 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
What a spectacle. Boy, these chapters are on some Dragon Ball Z shit or kinda like when
and I love it. Can't wait to see this animated. With top game sakuga it would be a wet dream for all actiontards.

Unfortunately it's about to get nasty for SaS. A shame, I liked her well enough as strong meaty woman + her comradery with the guys seemed wholesome.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 5, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2021
That was an insane chapter, holy shit.
Nov 5, 2021 10:54 AM
Sep 2010
and we have officially reached Uchiha Madara levels of bullshit. Shigaraki/AFO is officially invincible. Talk no Jutsu is the only option left.
Nov 5, 2021 12:04 PM

Apr 2018
I don't understand how a crying little baby will be able to defeat Shigaraki in the end.. This is just a complete joke to be honest.. I don't feel like she's going to die right there, probably will be saved by someone (Endeavor goes brrr).

The chapter was crazy stuff for real; Stars and Stripe managed to bring Shigaraki in a corner but it wasn't enough to defeat the plot-armor-overpowered-invincible-and-strongest-character-in-mha-who-keeps-gaining-more-and-more-op-quirks.

The shockwaves gave me goosebumps for real. It was nice but heartbreaking to see that she sacrificed herself instead of blowing up her comrades up to defeat Shigaraki. That's a true hero right there. Sadly, Shigaraki's HxH dialogue is too strong.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 5, 2021 12:11 PM
Mar 2019
honestly not surprising at all, she was meant to die since she going up against OP emo boy, zero shock if Endevour meets the exact same fate. was a rather quick battle but im more curious what the US will do if they lose their number one hero.
Nov 5, 2021 12:25 PM

Apr 2020
Dude

The quirk from the second user should really be named DEUS EX MACHINA because I swear to God, all heroes together can't do a shit against Shigaraki (or whoever he is now).
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Nov 5, 2021 2:27 PM
Jun 2016
What if she make a rule that her quirk can't be stolen, she will be able to get away from the new Shigaraki with that
Nov 5, 2021 4:32 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Shigaraki back at it again with the HxH style.

Despite all the effort, it seems that SnS has been defeated.
Nov 5, 2021 5:08 PM

Mar 2014
Aaaaand after her awesome attack of DOOOM....Utter fail!

Shigaraki bounced back and now has her within his grasp (heh), who could have ever have saw this coming?!!

There can only be soo much plot armour before I role my eyes all the way into my skull.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 5, 2021 5:48 PM

Jan 2014
bruh, Deku you better awaken some absolute power to counter star stripe quirk by now. Shigaraki would become op after taking her quirk.

seeing no 1 america hero quirk got stolen so easily is somehow dissapointing, but I already know this would happened.

I wonder what kind of power Deku awakened after this.
Nov 5, 2021 6:52 PM

Aug 2021
Morcombe1990 said:
and we have officially reached Uchiha Madara levels of bullshit. Shigaraki/AFO is officially invincible. Talk no Jutsu is the only option left.
You're forgetting that Deku has one last quirk that hasn't been revealed yet, who knows that might help him defeat shigaraki lol
Nov 5, 2021 7:17 PM

Aug 2021
HueyLion said:

Shigaraki bounced back and now has her within his grasp (heh), who could have ever have saw this coming?!!

There can only be soo much plot armour before I role my eyes all the way into my skull.
He didn't survive because of plot armor, he's physically stronger, faster, and more intelligent than SnS. There isn't really a plot armor there, when shigaraki is significantly stronger than her, y'all are just overhyping her too much plus she has weakness that shigaraki don't have, she cared and love his teammates which leads to her defeat. Shigaraki at 70% couldn't even be beaten by deku, endeavour, aizawa, and many more, how can a single hero SnS defeat shigaraki at nearly 100%? It will be way more bullshit.
27thEiffelNov 5, 2021 7:21 PM
Nov 5, 2021 8:48 PM

Jul 2020
Are you sure this series is weekly? With that amazing detailed drawings I'm literally in shock how Hori is keeping up with the schedule.
Imagine if it was Monthly?
Deku will have a hard time defeating Shigaraki for sure.
HueyLion said:

Before we used to call Plot Armor to that type of situations where characters survive illogically. Now people call anything Plot Armor these days even if that character survives logically.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 5, 2021 11:06 PM
May 2018
I don't like at all if Shigaraki actually steals that quirk, I'm enjoying the action and art and all that, I truly do, but I think about the massive diavulus ex machina that will be if SnS is stolen of her powers, and of the even more massive deus ex machina that will be necessary to beat that monster. I hope SnS survives.
Nov 7, 2021 8:03 AM

Apr 2020
It’s looking troublesome for even Deku at this point. Another female character used solely for plot?! hmmm From what I have seen, the only way to defeat this monster is something like a Transformers!

Nov 7, 2021 9:08 AM

May 2015
Ngl. The idea that S&S wouldn't go for the kill to save her allies is lame asf. It'd be one thing if she had more resources at her disposal but the greatest evil is literally about to rearrange her face. Maybe this would even hit if we knew her personally for a while but she's a still new character. You go through the trouble of nuking a guy and possibly giving up hero status but still won't take him out with a teammate??? Even knowing Shigraki will screw over the world???

Nov 7, 2021 9:08 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Well, we all knew it was going to end like this. Star was too kind hearted and did not want to kill her own comrades for the sake of defeating the enemy. But it looks like that may cost her her life and quirk. The only thing I can think of that could save her is that she put a rule on herself at the last second "my quirk cannot be stolen", or something along those lines.

If she does kick the bucket or lose her quirk, it'll be a damn shame that we would lose such a cool character after only 3-4 chapters.

At this point, it's clear Shigaraki cannot be stopped physically. With the hints that Horikoshi has left for us, I'm thinking Deku wants to save Shiagraki rather than kill him. Because that's what a real hero would do. Then in turn by saving Shigaraki, he can destroy All For One. That's really the only way I see this playing out at this point.
Nov 7, 2021 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
If the staff at Bones can get their shit together after that abysmal 5th season, this is going to go absolutely crazy when it gets animated.

Maaaaan, are we really about to lose Star? Such a dope female character, which many shounen manga sorely lack, and she's about to either die or get permanently sidelined after only being in a handful of chapters. Hopefully next chapter subverts my expectations, so I won't lose hope just yet.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 7, 2021 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
Shigaraki is about to become completely unstoppable.
Nov 7, 2021 12:39 PM
Feb 2020
nakkki said:
I honestly don't think this is plot armor at all, he got through to that situation in a logical way and with elements we know, it all makes sense.
Nov 7, 2021 1:24 PM
Nov 2019
This new version of Shigaraki is looking pretty damn unbeatable right about now. Especially if he ha Star's quirk, though I don't actually think that's what will happen. My prediction is that she made some rule at the very last second which will probably doom Shigaraki in the end.
Nov 7, 2021 1:31 PM

Jun 2017
Welp, press F for Star.
Nov 7, 2021 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
And I thought Myrko was strong lol.

I want to see more of her though.
Nov 7, 2021 8:12 PM
Nov 2016
Shigaraki is on a whole other level of bullshit, that guy is mother fucking Majin Buu at this point.

That first Nomu in the 1st season that gave All Might a run for his money will probably return one way or another and fight Shigaraki because you can only fight bullshit with bullshit.

Rest in pepperonis captain america girl.
Nov 7, 2021 9:03 PM
Feb 2018
Another quirk needed by deku to defeat shigaraki is golden experience requiem
Hahaha
Nov 7, 2021 11:33 PM

Mar 2016
Right, prior to this chapter, I know full well how immensely powerful Shigaraki is, especially once he's under AFO's control... Yet I have no doubt that Deku with his maximum potential using his OFA can beat him. HOWEVER!!!After seeing the absolute clusterfuck that has happened in this chapter, after seeing Shigaraki surpass all those hypersonic ICBMs, the fucking gigantic atmospheric smash, the multiple concentrated lasers of doom. I have a question of which many would share the same sentiment...

How the fuck is Deku gonna be able to defeat Shigaraki/AFO???

Nah in actuality I already know what MAY happen...
Deku will definitely try reaching out for Shigaraki's consciousness, I mean... The only way he's actually able to realistically beat SHigaraki is to convince him to take control over his own body and fight against AFO together or some bullshit like that. There is no chance Deku, even with fajin + 100% OFA can defeat a demonic monster whose superiority transcend that of even the most lethal of humanity's weapons of utter destruction!

I hate to see that happening honestly, it would feel quite cheap though there's no doubt that's how the story will progress...

In the off chance that Deku did decide to beat Shigaraku using superior firepower instead of using talk-no-jutsu, he needs to have the physical strength akin to that of One Punch man. Nothing short of it, full stop. That's the brute way, if he wants to do it with speed, he needs to do nothing short of travelling at HYPERSONIC velocities. Aside from conventional means, the only other way is if he get a quirk where he can manipulate time, space or reality. just how Star can manipulate the reality and physics of the world. Deku needs a quirk that even surpass Star's quirk.

In conclusion. Everyone's fucked.
Nov 8, 2021 7:59 PM
Mar 2021
This is getting out of hand with how OP emo boy is. Hero with the most broken quirk ever still loses because of the friendship part. Either she somehow lives or we were introduced to a character who only lasted a few chapters and therefore pointless in the long run. Or Horikoshi thought “How can I make All for Shigaraki even more broken? Introduce a character with unbeatable quirk that loses to his plot armor. Still hyped to see this animated!
Nov 9, 2021 1:57 AM

Jul 2019
I don't think Horikoshi cares about Bones, just look at the panels lol.

Anyway, we knew this was coming, but we still can't be sure if her quirk will be stolen.
Nov 9, 2021 12:28 PM

May 2020
Bruh wtf is this? She just shows up to get her ass kicked. Like damn she had such a sick quirk. I honestly was just dreading that this would happen when All for One was like “I think she’ll be a great addition” or whatever it was he said. Like it was just prefacing that she’s just canon fodder.

Idk man I thought this was sick that they introduced the possibility of international heros coming to help but like cmon man. At least like let her land discuss stuff and then a few chapters later she’d face All for One.

Honestly this is the only way I could see Midoriya defeating All for One.

sk8headNov 9, 2021 12:32 PM
Nov 9, 2021 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
Introduce a strong (#1) character just to make Shigaraki stronger. Epic writing from Hori. Absolutely brilliant.
Nov 9, 2021 6:15 PM
Mar 2015
She appears to be toast
Nov 10, 2021 7:24 AM

Jun 2014
And there goes Stars & Stripes, just another day in My Jobber Academia. Incredible artwork at least, but I’m getting real sick and tired of introducing these badass characters, having them lose their quirks and then they stand to the side and just cheer on Deku. Sick of it.
Nov 10, 2021 11:16 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I've been kind of asleep since the story changed perspective to going after Shigi but jfc Hori why do you keep bringing in BAMF female characters only to fucking annihilate them?

A_Shinoda said:
It’s looking troublesome for even Deku at this point. Another female character used solely for plot?! hmmm From what I have seen, the only way to defeat this monster is something like a Transformers!

I mean it has been slightly inferred and theorized the school may become a mecha so don't hold your breathe.
Nov 11, 2021 10:04 PM

Nov 2012
Did the villain just made a "now I can control x power cause Imabout to get destroyed"?

Man, dont create an amazing EU hero to just kill her with some plot sauce

My Candies:

Jan 1, 2022 11:31 AM

Feb 2018
Damn Shigaraki looks gone man, Star's power obviously wasn't enough, it never was. Now she got caught uh oh..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

16 by IzanaSolos »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.