Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 6 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2021 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverSep 4, 2021 10:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 4, 2021 9:12 AM
Oct 2019
This episode really looks unfinished. Weird cuts and transitions, overall quality, at some point even the voice acting did not coincide with the animation.
It seems that this is the episode when a bad schedule caught up with the quality of production. I think their main forces are thrown at the two final episodes. But I still hope they will fix all the errors on BD.
Sep 4, 2021 9:22 AM
Oct 2019
BD version will be a million times better, but despite the animation, I think this episode is a very nice setup for the battle against Holy Mami and Uwasa Tsuruno. Hopefully at the start of the next episode, we'd see how Tsuruno fused with the rumor, and how Mami did also.
We also got to see Kanagi! I'm happy with that minor appearance.
Sep 4, 2021 9:31 AM

Oct 2019
False_Mirror said:
This episode really looks unfinished. Weird cuts and transitions, overall quality, at some point even the voice acting did not coincide with the animation.
It seems that this is the episode when a bad schedule caught up with the quality of production. I think their main forces are thrown at the two final episodes. But I still hope they will fix all the errors on BD.

I mean this is nothing new for Studio Shaft. Same thing happened when the original Madoka aired in Japan. It will most likely be fixed for the BD release based on track record.
Sep 4, 2021 9:44 AM
Oct 2019
ZappyCake21 said:

I mean this is nothing new for Studio Shaft. Same thing happened when the original Madoka aired in Japan. It will most likely be fixed for the BD release based on track record.

Nil novi sub luna, but I haven't seen anything like this from them for many years. Well, it's okay, for sure they will be rehabilitated in the following episodes
Sep 4, 2021 10:10 AM
Oct 2016
Hyped to see the classic crew and the magireco crew team up to defeat magius! Glad that everyone who's been separated has come together now. All we need is for Sana and Felicia to show up during this fight next episode. Yachiyo with Madoka, Homura and Sayaka is awesome! Along with seeing Iroha do that connect move with Kyoko, combining their crossbow and spear weapons into that giant ballista! Love seeing cool powers combined into even cooler ones. Hopefully Kuroe can joint them and get out of the mess she's in. As well as all our heroes now to defeat psycho Mami and save brainwashed Tsuruno.
Sep 4, 2021 10:11 AM
Oct 2016
False_Mirror said:

Weird cuts and transitions is like studio shaft entire way of making anime lol. Have you never seen their work before
Sep 4, 2021 10:20 AM

Feb 2020
Nice buildup episode for the upcoming battle.

That place looks pretty cool.

Cute teru teru bōzu. :3
Sep 4, 2021 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
that was really bad, they could show a recap today and fix this episode
Sep 4, 2021 10:31 AM
Dec 2018
Thie episode had Monogatari level cuts.
Anyways, the drop in quality was very visible, with some dialogues missing (maybe it was intentional?)
I won't complain though, since it is likely to be fixed in bluray, and also, they need the budget for season finale, which would be Sakuga intensive.
This episode was a set up for finale, and nothing much happens other than Mifuyu being a failure, and Magia Record cast meeting PMMM cast.
We'll definitely see Iroha Madoka Connect, and It'll be interesting to see what kind of weapon they create together, since their powers are almost identical.
salarxSep 4, 2021 10:43 AM
Sep 4, 2021 10:39 AM
Mar 2021
Definitely the weakest episode yet but it was still good, and I hope the last 2 episodes go all out.
Hopefully the visuals will be more consistent next week.
Sep 4, 2021 11:32 AM

Mar 2016
I liked the episode, but this was definitely a big dropoff in quality compared to the previous 5 episodes, which is quite a bummer. I think the staff was quite burnt out this time around making this one, which I think will be made up for with the final two episodes for this season.

This isn't something unusual for Shaft and all their other shows (3 Gatsu no Lion being perhaps the lone exception). I remember the OG Madoka Magica TV version having a lot of awkward editing and cuts that had to be cleaned up in the BD and movie versions.
Sep 4, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 2016
I really disliked this episode. There were multiple good moments, but overall, it felt absolutely rushed.

I mean, if you're going to end the previous episode on a "cliffhanger" on whether or not Kuroe was going to die, you can't just "skip" the fight like that.

I like Season 2 a lot, but this episode was the weakest of all episodes, including S1.

Sep 4, 2021 11:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kuroe went a bit overboard though but at least she brought Iroha time. Its good that Sana and Felicia manage to bring Mifuyu to her senses. Its nice to see Madoka's team finally arrive on scene as well. Outside though looks like the remaining magical girls are in a tough fight with the large numbers of hostiles about. As magical girls go Alina has to be the most laid back one. Funny how Magius HQ ended up turning into a fortress though. The meetup between Iroha with Madoka and her team though was a nice moment. But looks like both teams will have against their own friends in the upcoming fights. Overall a pretty action focused ep that did well to showcase the desperate attempt by Iroha and the remaining magical girls within the city to try and breach Magius HQ and stop the madness. Looks like things will get more intense in the last two ep's of this season judging from what we seen here. Though on a side note i did feel that some parts of the ep were kinda rushed especially the lack of Kuroe's fight scene and some odd scenes here and there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2021 12:10 PM
Mar 2021
Can anyone tell me what the last line of the post-ED scene was? Funimation didn’t give me a subtitle for it for some reason.
Sep 4, 2021 12:34 PM
Dec 2011
Okay, what the actual hell happened here? Weird cuts, scenes were Animations SHOULD have happend were either skipped completely or replaced with a still Image from a previous shot, combine this with Re-used Animations and scenes on every corner and the overall Quality of the rest was wonky af. Even scenes were the Characters should speak werent even Dubed.
Sep 4, 2021 12:46 PM

Nov 2009
This was oof.
They really should have delayed this episode.
Sep 4, 2021 1:05 PM
Dec 2018
Nitroade24h said:
Can anyone tell me what the last line of the post-ED scene was? Funimation didn’t give me a subtitle for it for some reason.

All of us... require liberation.
Sep 4, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2019
its the worst episodes of this season for sure, it wasn't terrible. but it had a good amount of problems.

although it was also the least important episode story wise, so if they had to have lower production on a single episode, i'm glad it was this one.

Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 4, 2021 1:17 PM
Dec 2019
Gildesh said:
This was oof.
They really should have delayed this episode.

I am agree
I suppose that it is because it costs money to delay an episode but it would have been more reasonable
Sep 4, 2021 3:16 PM

Apr 2015
Quality was definitely a downgrade compared to the first five episodes, let's hope that they will have an amazing of a climax in the last two episodes. I am happy to see that Madoka and Iroha met face to face for the first time. Even Kyouko rejoined her former comrades.

Mami feels like the end-boss here.
Sep 4, 2021 5:02 PM

Dec 2016
The animation was terrible this episode! There were some mistakes we simply couldn't avoid looking x_x Other than that, it was good. Glad to see Madoka, Sayaka, Kyoko and Homura join the battle together with our Kamihama girls. The next episode is going to be though and I'm wondering how they will save both Mami and Tsuruno >_>;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 4, 2021 5:47 PM
May 2016
I was like WTF!? During the entire episode. Just why? Is not just the quality loss but why the f- they decided to fill all the episode trying hard not to animate any action scenes?

Sep 4, 2021 7:03 PM

Feb 2019
The episode was fine and all (it wasn't), leading up to the season's climax, but the sound and the editing department were all over the place. I know Shaft usually fixes these meduca meguca things for the BD release, but damn, it went beyond just meduca meguca. This was... a rough ride.
Sep 4, 2021 7:15 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah this episode had some serious quality Issues, hope this was rock bottom and the final two episodes will be alright.

Kuroe is already suffering from the Side effects of using her Doppel, which gave her an unpleasent experience to say the least

Here i hoped to see Kuroe's Doppel in action but Kuroe just Off-screened the Magius Underlings Lmao. That is the fate of many mob enemies. Kinda expected them to handle the fight like this.
Well, Kuroe fulfilled that part of her Promise to Iroha, now for the remainder and reunite with Iroha.

Poor Homura knows it all with Walpurgisnacht and has Flashbacks of a previous timeline with Madoka dying.

Iroha does another powerful Connect with Kyouko. Iroha is just universally very compatible with other Magical Girls.

Some cute Moments when Homura stopped time to catch Madoka and Sayaka or when Kyouko raised her Hand to do a High Five with Iroha while being to embarrassed to look at Iroha

Finally the Gang is reunited... minus Mami... nevermind Mami shows up too.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 4, 2021 8:06 PM

Jun 2021
My reaction summary to this episode

wow, did Kuroe just kill bunch of people?
WTF is going on?
Madoka cute
wait, Mifuyu now hates Magius?
WTF is going on?
Kyouko cute
WTF is going on?

Also, the cuts/animation was terrible this episode. I guess they used all of their strength n the first 5 episodes.
Sep 4, 2021 9:57 PM
Jun 2020
Magia Record S2 Episode 6 - Well the animation went to hell this episode. I really hope they are putting their resources into the these last two episodes. Also this was another setup episode. Not much really happens and not much more story elements. It was still surprisingly busy. Just didn't get as much exposition dumps from Touka this time. Besides the bad cuts and animation I would say story wise it is fine. It certainly could have been a lot better.

The Good: Yachiyo meeting up with the OG cast. Yachiyo driving. Yachiyo once again hating on Magius as well as crushing Homuru's hopes in the process. Kyoko giving Iroha her feather uniform. Kyoko in a mascot costume. Iroha getting Kyoko to connect (It feels out of character for Kyoko and wasn't earned but it did add more to Iroha's character and competence.) Sana and Felicia convincing Mifuyu to come back to the Villa with them. This was probably my favorite part. Too bad it is immediately followed up with Mifuyu ditching them to go save Tsuruno on her own. I presume Nemu saved Mifuyu so if that was indeed the case that is good. Alina giving Mifuyu a grief seed and explaining her goals. Kanagi getting some screen time. All the cameos. Kuroe not dying. Kuroe having a trippy moment with what I presume is her doppel. Too bad the whole fight was off screened. Figured it would happen and in context made sense but still not a good decision.

How I would have handled this episode: First we open with Kuroe who has doppeled and engages on the feathers. I don't think I would have wasted too many resources on this scene but I certainly would have shown more. Even had the feathers commenting on how she was never this strong. I probably would not have had the Doppel figure stuff as they really don't have time for that. If this was a full 12 episode season than sure but with two episodes left in this season there isn't enough time to delve more in depth with Kuroe's backstory. Next I probably would have had Kuroe go out the door or make another hole. It was weird she went the opposite way. Then we play the intro. When we come back were with Drunk Mifuyu. Sana and Felicia are glad to hear Iroha is okay, but at the same time sad that they didn't know she was missing. They give Mifuyu a little pep talk. Mifuyu then enlists their help to save Tsuruno and stop Touka. Kyoko isn't interested so she leaves. Felicia yells something like, "You better not die out there" and then have Kyoko respond. Just something to build the twos relationship as well as add some much needed light-heartedness to the episode. Iroha is going up the stairs to head towards Nemu. Yachiyo is on the phone with Kanagi asking her to gather whatever girls she can get a hold of. Kanagi remarks that it is like the whole town has gone mad. The OG cast then once again show up to help Yachiyo. They have the conversation on top of the train before heading to the hotel in a truck. Back with Iroha she runs into Tsuruno who is not looking well. Iroha asks her what is going on but doesn't get a response. Iroha refuses to fight Tsuruno so she just gets pushed around for a bit. Mifuyu, Felicia, and Sana show up. There is a little reunion. They find out that Iroha is trying to get to Nemu but she ran into Tsuruno who is acting strange. Mifuyu tells them to go on ahead to Nemu as she is the only one who knows what is going on and can stop Touka. So off Iroha, Felicia, and Sana go. Iroha makes it to Nemu and the two start their conversation however they planned to have that. We once again see Kanagi and our group of cameos fighting. Yachiyo has the conversation with the OG casts in the car. Then gives her phone to Homuru who she asks to call Kanagi. Yachiyo yells they are coming in hot and need a hole in the wall and some cover. Kanagi organizes such and the team punch through the feathers and get into chelation land. Kyoko who has been trying to flee greets them. We then end the episode with Mifuyu being blasted out of the hotel. Yachiyo and the OG gang go to her aid only to see Tsuruno and Holy Mami. End episode their. Post credit scene might have to be changed a bit considering what occurred though but I doubt would be that big of a change or deal.

Basically this would reduce the amount of fights that need to be animated. No Kyoko sniping feathers, no car flipping scene, no Iroha connect, no Mifuyu getting bodied. Each group of characters now have a direct goal they are heading to. Much less characters running around with no reason. Particularly Iroha as adorable as she was in the teacup it just wasn't needed. It keeps Sana and Felicia in the action. Shows that we didn't forget Kyoko was with them. We also reduce the amount of jumping around even if it is not by much. Kanagi gets a bit more screen time (sadly at the cost of poor Alina). Now you may be wondering why Iroha, Felicia, and Sana aren't at the Tsuruno fight. Well to be honest Tsuruno is hardly developed in the anime. She doesn't have much in the way of relationship with Iroha, Felicia, or Sana. Who does she have a potential bond with? Well Mifuyu and Yachiyo of course. Those two haven't overcome their differences. What better catalyst than working together to save an old friend? Not to mention the two of them both abandoned and lied to Tsuruno which gives us really nice potential for good character moments that would go great with the Holy Quintet as they rescue Mami. Also Iroha has been heading towards Nemu since episode 4. It doesn't make sense for her to stop and backtrack. Character wise of course Iroha would stop and save Tsuruno but I feel having her do such hurts the plot progression a bit.

The big downside to this is we lose Iroha connecting with Kyoko. We also lose Kyoko dressed in a mascot costume. The biggest lose of course is the Alina scene. Alina seemed like a pretty big deal in Season 1 that just didn't get to do much. She has done even less this season so she certainly needed a scene dedicated to what is going on with her.
Sep 4, 2021 10:05 PM
Sep 2016
Ummm... This EP is so "bugged". So wait for the BR maybe?

On the other note, most everyone from the game is here. You know, the blue martial arts girl, the halberd trio, the hammer girl, the oodachi (long-ass katana) girl, the whip girl, etc (yes, it clearly showed that I did not play the game for not remembering their names). So that's nice.
uncleqrowSep 4, 2021 10:13 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Sep 4, 2021 10:05 PM
May 2011
There are just too many plot elements and characters being juggled, I don't feel like any of them are being done justice. Worst episode so far, really hoping the next two pick up in quality.
Sep 5, 2021 3:42 AM

Feb 2014
Kuroe worked herself really hard at the start of her episode after using her doppel and the way it showed the side effects messing with her was rather disturbing.

With help from Kyouko (her costume she was wearing was cute on her), Iroha was able to reunite with Yachiyo, along with Madoka, Sayaka and Homura. Now they'll have to deal with the arrival of Mami, as well as Tsuruno.

While the story development here in this episode was good, the production values, sadly, was very underwhelming, even by Shaft's standards. A few sequences where the characters were talking and no voices were heard and we had a lot of still shots where a lot of action was heard. Even the subtitles was a bit buggy on two occasions as well.

Minus the subtitles, I'm sure that Shaft will fix this episode for the Blu-Ray release, although if it was possible, delaying this episode by a week could've helped to fix some issues. What's done is done, so I hope the next 2 episodes make up for their sloppiness here. =(
Sep 5, 2021 4:25 AM
Dec 2019
Erotaku_ said:
My reaction summary to this episode

wow, did Kuroe just kill bunch of people?
WTF is going on?
Madoka cute
wait, Mifuyu now hates Magius?
WTF is going on?
Kyouko cute
WTF is going on?

Also, the cuts/animation was terrible this episode. I guess they used all of their strength n the first 5 episodes.

what did you not understand ?

Personnaly, I found this episode understandable globally, the issues (outside production value) were

- how kuroe can so easily beat so many magical girls with her doppel while she was supposed to be weak and that in OG serie, if I remember, the power of witch is dependant of the power of the magical girl that have became a witch and since doppels are like incomplete witches, for me she should have struggled more than just hit the ground to kill several magical girls.
But maybe I missed something

- When nemu said excuse me mifuyu, I don't have much longer to live,
I was like "And ??"

- The principal goal of the episode (make yachiyo enter) seemed too easy
(iroha did not meat that much resistance or connect is overkill)

-So Tsuruno and Mami are rumors, so a rumor can be anything that nemu imagines
Sep 5, 2021 5:16 AM
Oct 2019
houlouk said:

Yes, we know and understand why Mami deliberately took on this role, but they did not explain to us why Tsuruno did it. The lack of Tsuruno's characterization in the first season now becomes a serious drawback.
Sep 5, 2021 5:31 AM
Dec 2019
False_Mirror said:
houlouk said:

Yes, we know and understand why Mami deliberately took on this role, but they did not explain to us why Tsuruno did it. The lack of Tsuruno's characterization in the first season now becomes a serious drawback.

I even did not know that it was voluntary for tsuruno, I thought she was just captured by the rumor, but ok
But effectively, I really don't understand why tsuruno is considered a main character when her main goal is to protect the magius (touka vs mifuyu and probably vs all the team)
For me rena is nearly more a main character than tsuruno.

Otherwise, I don't understand how alina gray can have so much favorites because for me, she doesn't do anything important in the serie ?
Sep 5, 2021 5:48 AM
Oct 2019
houlouk said:

Otherwise, I don't understand how alina gray can have so much favorites because for me, she doesn't do anything important in the serie ?

She's mental in a rather fascinating way.
Although the second season presents her a little differently and I don't know yet what they are preparing the ground for.
Sep 5, 2021 7:04 AM

Oct 2007
things are getting intense.

I wonder what Alina Gray is planning? Seems to be not really a bad person, because she saved Mifuyu.

Iroha opening the door for Yachiyo. And I'm surprised Yachiyo has a driver's license. lol

looking forward to next week! :)
Sep 5, 2021 7:59 AM
Feb 2021
Not too good, I found some mistakes. But keep it up. Two episodes left
Sep 5, 2021 9:23 AM
May 2016
False_Mirror said:

Yes that was awful, they just cut away when Sakura saved her at the gate, I couldn't even tell what was going on. Surprising Shaft would let this be aired like this.
Sep 5, 2021 2:00 PM

Jan 2020
The difference in production was something I noticed but it's always nice seeing the og cast in here. It's a bad sad that mami isn't able to be with the other four though

Sep 5, 2021 2:20 PM

Nov 2020
what happened with the quality? i think this is the worst episode so far

Sep 5, 2021 4:19 PM
Jun 2019
spandy said:
There are just too many plot elements and characters being juggled, I don't feel like any of them are being done justice. Worst episode so far, really hoping the next two pick up in quality.

Kind of what was going on in Season 1 for the most part... I still have a lot of issues remembering who is who. And we aren't really given a lot of time to care about anyone. The entire series is sort of rushed, but this season did at least slow down for a little bit. Until now i guess, aha
Sep 5, 2021 9:15 PM
Dec 2020
This episode is a bit lacking, like suddenly the fight is cut short. Some scenes have no voice from the voice actors, i think Shaft will all out in the last two episode.
Sep 5, 2021 11:37 PM

Oct 2008
haha! the main characters can easily steal the spotlight of this show!
damn! of course Mami Tomoe sided with Magius!
did we just saw Homura's flashback against Walpurgis ep11 of PMMM???!?!?!? damn just that scene was phenomenal! haha sorry i always mention the original!
5/5.

Sep 6, 2021 4:33 AM

Jan 2019
I thought it would take longer for the production to break. I remember in the first season the first really bizarre episode in terms of editing and finishing was episode 10. In this second season, we got to the sixth and we already have a bug fest, with at least three scenes where the characters talk and the voices don't come out, abrupt cuts in the middle of the action to summarize events, moments where something should have been shown but was replaced by another random take, not to mention the buggy frames. This episode is a treat for the meme makers on duty.

As for the story, that mess continues. For some reason, it seems that the Magius plan to save the magical girls involves using the witches to destroy the world and create a new world. Which makes it weird that the black and white feathers in the castle and park area are fighting the witches, but they're the ones who understand the plan, right? Then for some reason there's that Kanagi, who seems to lead a bunch of normal magical girls in the fight against witches, and the anime doesn't even bother to show more of her people at least trying to thwart the Magius plan, the action is all centered on the Yachiyo's group with the girls from Mitakihara.

This episode has a lot of weird stuff. First, Kuroe defeating everyone behind the gate Iroha passed through. Looks like all the black and white feathers have suddenly turned into a bunch of wimps. How many magical girls were there? About ten? And none of them knew how to use the doppel, although that is the key to the Magius' "salvation" plan? By the way, this episode is full of black and white feathers being easily defeated. There are several of them in the sequence of the park and the resistance they offer to the protagonists is negligible. Another very strange thing is the gate itself. Those black and white feathers appeared to protect it as if there was something really important on the other side, as the path after it actually led to the open air. Iroha passed it, went up some stairs, out in the park and... it was still far away from Touka and Nemu. There's also Mifuyu's conversation with Sana and Felicia. Not even Yachiyo, her best friend, was able to convince her to go back and give up the Magius plan, which even resulted in them confronting each other more than once, but all it took was listening to two strangers for her to realize what a mess she was doing and switch sides. But the weirdest thing of all is without a doubt the witches' party that happened in this episode. It seems that the concept of labyrinths has finally been forgotten and now all witches manifest in the real world, just because. So what if the original series established that the only witch capable of manifesting itself outside a labyrinth is Walpurgis Night, because of its power? If we've already made so many concessions, it's not now that we're going to remember the rules of the original series.

Magia Record is a real mess, in many ways. I'll keep watching just to see where this goes, because any optimistic expectations are gone.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Sep 6, 2021 9:41 AM
Dec 2018
Ryoketsu said:

As for the story, that mess continues. For some reason, it seems that the Magius plan to save the magical girls involves using the witches to destroy the world and create a new world. Which makes it weird that the black and white feathers in the castle and park area are fighting the witches, but they're the ones who understand the plan, right? Then for some reason there's that Kanagi, who seems to lead a bunch of normal magical girls in the fight against witches, and the anime doesn't even bother to show more of her people at least trying to thwart the Magius plan, the action is all centered on the Yachiyo's group with the girls from Mitakihara.

You're right, the animation was the worst in this episode. But there are some obvious misconceptions which I should point out.

Yes the feathers are fighting witches, but not the way you see it. The witches are fodder for the bigger witch, and they are just restraining them. We don't know how much grasp Kanagi has of the situation, and we don't see these magical girls being aware of Magius' plan, so why do you think they should be involved in thwarting Magius' Plan? You tackle the problem you see, and all they see is many many witches. And we have seen enough witch fights and they aren't even major villains anymore. Girls from Mitakihara infiltrate HQ because they want to save Mami, and that's a setup from Season 1. Yachiyo wants to help Iroha, and that's a setup from 4th Episode.

Ryoketsu said:

This episode has a lot of weird stuff. First, Kuroe defeating everyone behind the gate Iroha passed through. Looks like all the black and white feathers have suddenly turned into a bunch of wimps. How many magical girls were there? About ten? And none of them knew how to use the doppel, although that is the key to the Magius' "salvation" plan? By the way, this episode is full of black and white feathers being easily defeated.

Now this is interesting. The Doppel is not common skill, and yes not even among the Feathers. Doppels are completely unstable, and not a key to salvation (as pointed out by Mitama, the current Doppel system is temporary fix). Certain girls seems to be able to activate it (If you remember in last season when Kaede activates her Doppel for the first time, Momoko and Rena are knocked out too, but they didn't turn into Doppels). There could be two reason; either the girls Kuroe fought already had activated Doppels many times and they didn't want to risk getting Doppel Syndrome, or they couldn't call Doppels at all, or both of them. What Kuroe did was a suicide mission, and she did enough to make them unconscious.

Ryoketsu said:

Another very strange thing is the gate itself. Those black and white feathers appeared to protect it as if there was something really important on the other side, as the path after it actually led to the open air. Iroha passed it, went up some stairs, out in the park and... it was still far away from Touka and Nemu.

You're forgetting something. The security was increased, and they needed to show their Magius Symbol for leaving. Since Kuroe's symbol was blacklisted, the alarm activated and a bunch of feathers came to stop them, there was nothing to protect outside, so feathers weren't protecting anything but stopping the traitors.

Ryoketsu said:

There's also Mifuyu's conversation with Sana and Felicia. Not even Yachiyo, her best friend, was able to convince her to go back and give up the Magius plan, which even resulted in them confronting each other more than once, but all it took was listening to two strangers for her to realize what a mess she was doing and switch sides.

Sana and Felicia only gave the necessary push. Mifuyu, when she saw Tsuruno realized she's being deceived. And it wasn't only that. Earlier Iroha was also attacked and went missing, and Mifuyu was kept in the dark. Now Mifuyu doesn't care much about Iroha, but she cares about Tsuruno. So instead of being sad and drunk, she finally decided to save Tsuruno from this mess. Yachiyo's words have less weight anyway since she's Veteran and powerful. But Sana and Felicia are low tier magical girls and if they can show hope, it surely will motivate anyone to reconsider.

Ryoketsu said:

But the weirdest thing of all is without a doubt the witches' party that happened in this episode. It seems that the concept of labyrinths has finally been forgotten and now all witches manifest in the real world, just because. So what if the original series established that the only witch capable of manifesting itself outside a labyrinth is Walpurgis Night, because of its power? If we've already made so many concessions, it's not now that we're going to remember the rules of the original series.

Someone is able to capture Witches in cubes, and the other is able to create Rumours which can do absolutely anything. And you're wondering Witches are roaming outside the labyrinth. Anyway, PMMM never says Witches cannot exist outside Labyrinths. They only do it so to trap the prey, so that it cannot leave. Walpurgisnacht is so powerful and affects such a large area, that it doesn't need a Labyrinth since people cannot run away. Other Witches can exist outside Labyrinths too, the only thing is they won't be able to survive that way (preys running away, magical girls seeing them easily, etc).
salarxSep 6, 2021 9:53 AM
Sep 6, 2021 10:17 AM
Jun 2020
Ryoketsu said:

There's also Mifuyu's conversation with Sana and Felicia. Not even Yachiyo, her best friend, was able to convince her to go back and give up the Magius plan, which even resulted in them confronting each other more than once, but all it took was listening to two strangers for her to realize what a mess she was doing and switch sides.

No one is going to argue that this episode wasn't a mess. However I do want to make two corrections.

Firstly, Magius plan is not to destroy the world and create a new one. It is to feed witches to Eve so that the doppel system can be expanded worldwide. Should they have shown the feathers capturing the witches? Sure. Should they have maybe stated that Chelation land rumor is what allows the witches to be out and about? Sure but that is a separate matter.

Secondly, Felicia and Sana are not responsible for Mifuyu's change of heart. Tsuruno is. Mifuyu has been running from her problems this entire time. She feels Magius and this salvation are the solution to her problems. Then she sees Tsunoro in the last episode clearly not doing well. It makes her realize along with everything else going on that she may be in the wrong. Sure she would probably sacrifice herself or hell even Yachiyo for a chance at salvation, but Tsunoro is innocent in all this. She doesn't want Tsunoro to end up like Mel or Kanae, hence the whole scene of her holding the photo. Now Mifuyu is such a spineless coward that her first thought is to hide and drown her sorrow in alcohol. So what is the point of the pep talk then? Well again Mifuyu is such a spineless coward that the thought of apologizing and just going back to Mikazuki Villa doesn't even seem like an option that it takes a thirteen year old and a (14/15) old who aren't the brightest to make her realize that it always was an option.

TL;DR - Magius wants to expand the doppel system. Mifuyu had already switched sides last episode.

Sep 6, 2021 10:53 AM
Dec 2019
salarx said:

Ryoketsu said:

This episode has a lot of weird stuff. First, Kuroe defeating everyone behind the gate Iroha passed through. Looks like all the black and white feathers have suddenly turned into a bunch of wimps. How many magical girls were there? About ten? And none of them knew how to use the doppel, although that is the key to the Magius' "salvation" plan? By the way, this episode is full of black and white feathers being easily defeated.

Now this is interesting. The Doppel is not common skill, and yes not even among the Feathers. Doppels are completely unstable, and not a key to salvation (as pointed out by Mitama, the current Doppel system is temporary fix). Certain girls seems to be able to activate it (If you remember in last season when Kaede activates her Doppel for the first time, Momoko and Rena are knocked out too, but they didn't turn into Doppels). There could be two reason; either the girls Kuroe fought already had activated Doppels many times and they didn't want to risk getting Doppel Syndrome, or they couldn't call Doppels at all, or both of them. What Kuroe did was a suicide mission, and she did enough to make them unconscious[.

Yes, but that is kind of strange that with all the magical girls present, only kuroe was able to activate her doppel (even if probability is not strictly 0, that is true)
And another thing that is not really is that we don't know if doppels is activated voluntary or automatically when soul gem is nearly corrupted
Unconcious ? They seemed dead to me

Sep 6, 2021 11:14 AM
Dec 2019
metalmonstar said:
Ryoketsu said:

Firstly, Magius plan is not to destroy the world and create a new one. It is to feed witches to Eve so that the doppel system can be expanded worldwide. Should they have shown the feathers capturing the witches? Sure. Should they have maybe stated that Chelation land rumor is what allows the witches to be out and about? Sure but that is a separate matter.

What is said in the post credit scene of 5th episode is really similar to that however
Besides, I didn't pay attention but in the same scene they said that walpurgisnight (if this is what they called the worst witch)
will be attracted by rumors.
what does that mean ?

Sep 6, 2021 12:07 PM
Dec 2018
houlouk said:

What is said in the post credit scene of 5th episode is really similar to that however
Besides, I didn't pay attention but in the same scene they said that walpurgisnight (if this is what they called the worst witch)
what does that mean ?

Maybe it's attracted by witch potential. Since the rumour is calling so many witches, it will end up attracting Walpurgisnacht.
Sep 6, 2021 12:19 PM
Dec 2019
salarx said:
houlouk said:

what does that mean ?

Maybe it's attracted by witch potential. Since the rumour is calling so many witches, it will end up attracting Walpurgisnacht.

Ok, I found where it is said that rumor attract witches (it is when Nemu moves the rumor so it became the fortress of attraction.
But we don't know exactly how it attracts witches
Sep 6, 2021 12:22 PM
Dec 2018
houlouk said:

But we don't know exactly how it attracts witches

It's the power of Nemu. She can say whatever and it will happen. She just has to say, "All the Witches shall gather in Chelation Land" and it'll happen. Maybe she doesn't have enough life force to do this so that why it's bound to Tsuruno to do the same.
salarxSep 6, 2021 12:26 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 31, 2021

109 by Biisoo »»
Apr 25, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2021

37 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2021

52 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 21, 2021

66 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 15, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) 2nd Season - Kakusei Zenya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 7, 2021

82 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 13, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.