Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 4, 2021 1:31 AM

Jan 2018
This was such a decent episode with well-written characters and story. I'm looking forward to.
RE:ZERO !!!!!!!!!!
Jul 4, 2021 3:06 AM
Dec 2020
Am I the only one who feels that this anime seems like something from late 00's or something like that? I'm not about visual part, but characters' behavior and some cliches. It doesn't mean it's bad, but I didn't expect to see that in 2021.
Jul 4, 2021 3:21 AM

Apr 2011
How did MC not recognize their names?
Jul 4, 2021 3:24 AM

Nov 2016
chumpuridze said:
Am I the only one who feels that this anime seems like something from late 00's or something like that? I'm not about visual part, but characters' behavior and some cliches. It doesn't mean it's bad, but I didn't expect to see that in 2021.

Yes, it definitely gave me the same vibes as the rom-coms from the late 00's/early 10's.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2021 4:36 AM
Oct 2018
This is a Good Start of 1st episode of Remake of Life.But, Maybe a something wrong from Genres Theme is a Small Comedy and Slice of Life,But Aki is a Damn Kawaii and also prefect animation.
Jul 4, 2021 4:43 AM
Apr 2021
gosh damn this is refreshing compared to some of the shit that's been airing lately. It's a slow paced character drama with interesting and complex characters that more than anything feel real. Sure there's cliche tsundere and blank slate MC aspects but all the characters are so much more than a specific cliche - and even from the first episode.
I feel like I could meet any of these people in real life and that is such a refreshing feeling in the world of anime where every character is an over-exaggerated unrealistic trope - where even if characters have depth they still don't tend to feel grounded or real.

I tend to hate slice of life. Simply because they never feel like they're going anywhere. But this is arguably how slice of life should be done. There's a clear narrative direction to this show and you can feel a lot of thought and detail put into it.

I am interested in this show and excited to see where it is going.
Jul 4, 2021 5:01 AM

Dec 2020
started watching strictly because i like the sources of the op/ed, its a little boring but i think ill get used to it. 50 minutes is pretty long though.
Jul 4, 2021 5:34 AM

Oct 2016
I thought the episode was over after the opening, then to my surprise I saw that it was 50 minutes, let's fucking go. That 50 minutes felt like nothing, I really loved that. I feel like this is gonna be one of m favorites this season, but it's too early to judge, it looks super promising though. I already love the characters, especially Aki plus she's voiced by Aoi Koga.

Kyouya pretty much has all the important skills needed to succeed, he was just really unlucky with the companies he ended up with which sucks. Aki, Nanako and Tsurayuki are definitely the platinum generation. Aki is confirmed, so the rest is as good as confirmed as well. I guess Kawasegawa didn't reach the success she wanted because of her mindset or attitude, being booksmart is not enough in the world of art.

Well, I am gonna enjoy this show a lot, can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 4, 2021 7:05 AM

Oct 2020
Solid episode to introduce the main characters, but I think that 50 minutes was too much for this kind of anime even though it's only the first episode. Nonetheless, I look forward to the next ep hopefully, they can tell more info about that blondie girl and that lazy smart-ass. (Big chance that 2 of these are part of the platinum generation)
Jul 4, 2021 7:12 AM
Sep 2018
GGcc78 said:
Weasalopes said:
Welp, there are enough not-so-impressed comments that one has to presume the polling is mostly accurate, with a mostly silent majority who really does like it.

I fall into that camp. I really liked it.
I haven't read the source material (LN or Manga), but had come across the description while diving through entries some time back, so knew I was interested in it from a number of perspectives.

50 minutes was the proper length; you got a really good feel for what our two temporal transportess were capable of, that life shat on them regardless of that, and then did a good job of presenting the setting for the rest of the series. And yes, I'm in the camp that says there are two who slipped back in time.

Yes, there are 'your usual tropes' for this setting.
So?
Something truly original is damn rare, it's all in how you work with the relevant tropes, etc., that determines how something ranks.

There is comedy, but it's low key, which in my opinion is good.
There's a fair amount of realism concerning the profession.
I finished grad school in 1988, and that was in the US, so I've no clue how accurate a portrayal of Japanese college life this is; it seems fairly reasonable to me; it doesn't conflict with anything with a 'real world' setting that I've seen, anyway.

The animation is good. The VAs are good. The soundtrack is good. I think the story is good. I think the pacing is good. It may or may not end up being the AotS for me, but it's in the running.
So I missed the details about two people slipping back in time. What makes you think so?

I'm bad with names in RL, so...

'Chief'.
She's showing Mad Skilz for someone that age...that match up quite nicely with what you'd hope would be had by someone in the position she'd held prior to the MC timeslipping.
That...and as others have mentioned, that the Japanese title has a plural possessive rather than a singular.

There is the possibility that there are others as well. Specifically, at least one of his housemates, Shinoaki.
It would be of interest to know when the image he saw on her monitor had been created in his first timeline, given that it was the cover image on the Art Book he had flipped through during the first half of Ep 1.
It's an awful polished and mature work for someone in the first week of their freshman year in College...that perception on my part may be due to when I was that age myself (1980), as at the time there wasn't any computer hardware capable of such work, let alone software for it, so it would be all by hand with paint, colored pencils, etc.; it was already an incomprehensibly different world by 2006, but it still shows someone who really understands the capabilities of the software.
Jul 4, 2021 7:14 AM
Jun 2017
Im interested in how this story will go.. .. A 50 mins episode... Lets see how this will go with
Jul 4, 2021 7:27 AM
Aug 2018
Great show to start off with! The show is relatable about asking "What can I do?" or "What would of I have done different"? For me this hits hard as I also ponder those questions as well as the idea of that you can be speacil in your own way and how people would be jealous of you being able to do something they can't, while you also being jealous of something they can do that you can't so I appreciate that! I look forward to each week for a new episode.
Jul 4, 2021 7:51 AM

May 2020
finally, I've found another kind of relaxing anime with a meaningful piece of life story that I've always been looking for... great start, love it!

Jul 4, 2021 7:56 AM
Sep 2018
fin_stockholder said:
Morcombe1990 said:
This was an interestng episode, i love time travel stuff and getting second chnace at things.
kinda disappointed that I never noticed the akishima shino twist coming though.

So Nanako must be N@na
and looking at the scenario writer KAWAgoe KYOuichi could it be a combo name of
Eiko KAWAsegawa and our main character KYOya or am i shipping them way too early cause i liked his chemistry with aki too lol

yeah but i dont think so about KAWAsegawa & KYOya. Let's think, if we look again at the first scene, why that "kawagoe kyouichi" exist while our Kyoya was unemployed at that time

One possible scenario is that it's actually only one timeline, but that there is a loopback creating a segment where both branches exist simultaneously in the same reality. If so, ya gotta wonder in what manner things were messed up for the other three in their Branch A lives, with their all starting over in the art school and going on to be Platinum Generation being Branch B.

Although, if that were the case, it would imply that the game was shut down by folks who knew that earlier versions of themselves were involved...and that there was going to be a ton of collateral damage to the other folks working on it. If that scenario were true...it'd be nice if after the date where they got looped back the firm called everyone back and finished the project and kept them onboard...kinda a situation where to insure the loopback happened they had to make sure they didn't interfere prior to the last event they recalled, but could then take action concerning the collaterals.
Jul 4, 2021 8:04 AM

Feb 2014
I guess this is gonna be inspiring. Also Shino Aki is damn cute. I knew it the moment I saw her that she's the illustrator but didn't think she'd be one of the trio. Can't wait to see what's more in store.

The ED visuals are a treat for the eyes.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 4, 2021 8:12 AM

May 2018
That's actually really good for the first 2-in-1 episode! I do feel quite bad for mc-kun but now he can relive his life (finally a college experience instead of high school for once).
Jul 4, 2021 8:55 AM
Jul 2020
Weasalopes said:
fin_stockholder said:

yeah but i dont think so about KAWAsegawa & KYOya. Let's think, if we look again at the first scene, why that "kawagoe kyouichi" exist while our Kyoya was unemployed at that time

One possible scenario is that it's actually only one timeline, but that there is a loopback creating a segment where both branches exist simultaneously in the same reality. If so, ya gotta wonder in what manner things were messed up for the other three in their Branch A lives, with their all starting over in the art school and going on to be Platinum Generation being Branch B.

Although, if that were the case, it would imply that the game was shut down by folks who knew that earlier versions of themselves were involved...and that there was going to be a ton of collateral damage to the other folks working on it. If that scenario were true...it'd be nice if after the date where they got looped back the firm called everyone back and finished the project and kept them onboard...kinda a situation where to insure the loopback happened they had to make sure they didn't interfere prior to the last event they recalled, but could then take action concerning the collaterals.

this seems intersting 🤔, could u please explain the teory again but use the character name , really sorry English isn't my daily languange 😌
Jul 4, 2021 9:17 AM

Feb 2021
So far the story is well-written, but I think the 1 hour duration of the first episode has backfired, It really felt boring/bland when I reached the second half of the episode.
But who knows it might get interesting the next week.
(Despite the bland second half of the episode, I really enjoyed the First half so I'll give it a Partial score of: 5/10)
Jul 4, 2021 10:31 AM
May 2020
I fell in love already with this anime. This is really good and entertaining, 50- minutes felt like 20-minutes. The art is looking good, waifus everywhere, dynamical character, I love it.
Jul 4, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2018
This is good
It felt like a mixture of ReLife & The Pet Girl Of Sakurasou
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jul 4, 2021 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
Really good 1st episode I personally enjoyed this episode a lot more than I was expecting. Anyone else reckon Eiko has also gone back in time. Really looking forward to seeing were this story goes.
Jul 4, 2021 11:07 AM
Sep 2018
fin_stockholder said:
Weasalopes said:

this seems intersting 🤔, could u please explain the teory again but use the character name , really sorry English isn't my daily languange 😌

Well, there's a major problem with the scenario I described, in that having the two realities actually existing within the same timeline at the same time...their interactions with their relatives and entities such as their country's revenue department. They don't exist in a vacuum in regard to folks who would be in contact with them no matter which school they had enrolled in. Their relatives would understandably freak out if they suddenly had two versions of their child/sibling/whatever in contact with them from different schools in different sections of the country...and the revenue departments would also wonder about two individuals using the same name and country ID code in a situation where it was impossible for it to actually be the same individual...incompatible income tax returns tend to raise flags.

So that puts the kabosh on any theories that Kyouya was part of the Platinum Generation in the reality leading up to his experiencing his timeslip...unless the author of the source material had decided to ignore all of those complications, which would be very disappointing.

So that leaves us with Kyouya having done a time slip, strong reasons to think Eiko has as well, and up in the air concerning the members of Platinum Generation from the original timeline also experiencing a timeslip.
While each individual will know they've done a timeslip, until something different occurs in the others' growth that can't be ascribed to their own actions...they won't have a good reason to suspect that they aren't the only one to experience it. Well, they should wonder if there is a difference in who is enrolled in the program of only two individuals (Kyouya and Eiko...), one of whom they hadn't roomed with the first time through.

Definite rabbit hole musings here!
Jul 4, 2021 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
It looks like the story is going to be really cool, I liked the introduction but I feel that we could have become more attached if we had shown more of his past life decisions, what led him to that situation, etc. Other than that the only thing I hated was Aki's voice and way of acting, she looks like a 10 year old college girl.
Jul 4, 2021 12:02 PM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
Nothing amazing yet, but I enjoyed this episode! & I love the designs of everyone’s eyes.

Looking forward to the next one, especially since I haven’t seen many series that take place in college.
Jul 4, 2021 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect the length of the episode to be so long but it doesn't change at all I liked it which was something interesting of how the protagonist goes back with his Work that didn't work out in the case that was something tense for him must be something very tense tenth he He managed to go back in the past, which is already something interesting for the plot.
Jul 4, 2021 12:50 PM

Mar 2014
this anime is depressing to me cuz i picked japanese as my main major in college and i regret that. now i am unemployed as well.
Jul 4, 2021 1:30 PM

Jan 2020
I wasn't expecting a longer episode.

The story didn't really grab me but I do like the visual style of studio feel. I can see this having some potential though

Jul 4, 2021 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
Not sure why people pretend to hate high school anime when their 'college' anime is the same exact shit. Main dude's voice is annoying as hell.

Dropped.
Jul 4, 2021 3:20 PM
Sep 2020
To be honest I'm surprised,I was expecting some bland story and generic characters but oooh I was so wrong!!!
At first the length surprised me, almost 50min. but here I am, really looking forward to this history.
Jul 4, 2021 3:23 PM

Oct 2017
Well, the synopsis didn't convince me to watch this.
What did though were the studio (feel.) and the right-most girl on the cover (Aki-chan), lol.
The begining looks promising.
The comedy wasn't strong enough, hopefully it gets better.
The MC kinda looks like Kirito, lol.
The OP drops at the 17 minute mark, pretty long introduction.
RainyShadowJul 4, 2021 3:32 PM
Jul 4, 2021 3:26 PM

Jul 2019
It's another one of those anime. Nothing new to see here. I'll admit, it's presented in tolerable manner.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 4, 2021 5:01 PM
Nov 2020
That's cool how the share house is co-ed (but of course he's rooming with the platinum three, lol) That was funny when he woke up in the past and thought his sister was cosplaying. I like how the red-headed teacher was being realistic to the students about the industry and career prospects for graduates. Shinoaki is so cute!

I like how relatable the MC's situation was to my past self (hah, we're born on the same year!) ...a young adult life filled with indecision and false starts as you approach your thirties. (2006 was a good year, though!) Gotta love the general feelings of uncertainty for the future and angst during those times. It kinda makes me wonder how I would do things differently ten years ago, knowing what I know now.

I think it's great to have some anime titles that cater to the older millennials out there, heh.
Jul 4, 2021 5:20 PM

Jul 2015
Premise made me expect ReLIFE, but I wasn't ready for the immense Sakurasou vibes, and man that hypes me even more than I already was.

Bless 50 minutes first episodes, I really think that most series that start this way feel a lot more promising due to all the extra things we get to see and get excited for. In all this time we could witness Kyouya's struggles and regrets for the direction he took in his life, and a proper introduction and already some great moments with the new people that will form part of his life in this second chance he has been given. Best of luck my dude.
Jul 4, 2021 7:28 PM

Sep 2017
Did like this a good bit, tho tbh I preferred the first half before the time travel a bit more. Mainly cause so far I really don't think I'll like Shinoaki. I don't hate ditzy characters in general, but when 30 seconds into her introduction that make a joke out of her character by getting white stuff on her tits... I mean give me a break.
Jul 4, 2021 7:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I really liked this, I was expecting more comedy but I’m hoping that picks up as the show goes on. I like the characters so far, girls are all cute, some pretty good fanservice thrown in, the story is pretty interesting, and OP and ED were both great. I haven’t seen many anime that take place in college either so this should be interesting in that regard as well. I think I’m gonna like this one a lot as it goes forward!
Jul 4, 2021 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. The story is quite nice like Relife which is good series. And with 1hour runtime this episode gaves the character their individual personality

Jul 4, 2021 10:11 PM

Nov 2012
Happy they didn't drag out his realization that Shino Aki is Akishima Shino. I hope he realizes quickly that Nanako is N@na. I can only guess that the other guy completes his triad.
Jul 4, 2021 11:03 PM

Apr 2021
Good 1st ep. This will probably be one of my must watches this season
Jul 5, 2021 12:24 AM

Aug 2019
I have high hopes for this show from this first episode already, think I am going to enjoy this
Jul 5, 2021 1:57 AM

Mar 2020
It was a great episode through the end. That was long almost 1 hour feels like a movie. I love slice of life anime.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 5, 2021 2:01 AM

Feb 2016
In 2009 when bitcoin released he should invest it
Jul 5, 2021 2:31 AM
Feb 2021
The story feel really real about real life and i enjoy it so far.
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 AM

Mar 2009
Wish-fulfillment, to be sure, but finally a good anime this season.
Jul 5, 2021 3:46 AM

Apr 2017
I think i already get my best girl of the season in this anime
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Jul 5, 2021 5:31 AM
Nov 2019
So a very good 1st episode don't know but the more i watch this season anime the more it looks like a great season for anime(some moments in this anime give a feeling of how anime are back in late 2000-2006) also mc and his manga colection man this kind of anime just make a me think why are some so darn overall overrated.
Jul 5, 2021 9:34 AM

Oct 2018
curious to see the next episode. Interesting story where the main character guy can change his life with a different school choice and we have very cute and prertty girls too ^^
Jul 5, 2021 9:35 AM
Jun 2021
Lelouch0202 said:
Extremely promising, loved it and I'm really glad that we got a one hour special for the first episode too.

The characters seem great, really like the setting and the theme resonates with me. Honestly, when the assistant professor talked about how they were going to school to learn how to make 'low priority' things, I couldn't help but laugh at how she right she was since I went to school for the same thing. xD

The atmosphere is great and feels kinda familiar too since it hasn't been that long since I graduated. Really looking forward to what's next.

This is the part that really grabbed me into the show. The way the MC despairs all of a sudden, "maybe I am not that special and going back changes nothing", after seeing his classmates. Or when that Prof. gave the talk of how stupid they are to choose this school. Or how the ending also asked "what is it that I can do" and not only "what is it that I want to do". These are smaller parts but really shows great story telling.
Jul 5, 2021 12:40 PM

Mar 2017
Who hasn't reached adulthood and thought about how different their life would be if only they did this one thing or that one thing differently? I don't think there's a single person in the world and this anime did a really great job of displaying the desperation to go back and fix things that you feel sometimes. As a 27-year-old, I'm currently going through this little crisis big time so I really relate to the MC!

I feel like the first half dragged on a bit but seeing Hashiba lose not one but two jobs really made you feel his disappointment and frustration acutely and therefore share his joy at having found himself 10 years in the past!
Jul 5, 2021 11:52 PM

Jul 2014
Nao Touyama voicing the female lead? I'm in!

Female lead until we are introduced to Shinoaki and damn, what an introduction! She's voiced by Aoi Koga and she's so adorable... don't do this to me, don't make me choose. Nao Touyama is going to lose again, right?

Something funny was that when the OP started I was ready for the episode to end only to realize it was 50 minutes long lol. OP sung by Poppin' Party by the way, nice.

So, that was great. Interesting, fun and relatable. Looking forward to more.
Jul 6, 2021 12:24 AM
Nov 2009
Finally justice to short blue haired girls?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

171 by Talamare »»
Apr 17, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

124 by Talamare »»
Apr 17, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

130 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 1, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

89 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

84 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jan 25, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.