Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Farewell, My Dear Cramer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's refresing to see the Warabi team regain their confidence and rebuild themselves. I'm sure they all learned a lesson from the experience.

Rather than have a big match, we got an episode of reflecting on events of the present and looking forward to the future. Not a bad way to conclude the finale if you ask me.
Jun 27, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Whatever the Warabi Seinan girls do, Urawa Hosei is too much an infinitely powerful school for them to overcome, and landed in heavy defeat, losing 2-0 in a sloppy fashion for an amateurish team.

How to get stronger? More practice makes perfect, but for Nozomi, No. 26 Chika still is a struggle to get over, much less thinking of soccer as a joy. Moreover, women's soccer is vastly different from men's soccer, and they had to have the skills to prove on the field. Motivation plays a big factor here as well.

Midori's history with Chika is a roller-coaster ride, though the daft to punch out jokes willy-nilly. Still though, even Midori is improving herself as well with the 1st year rookie team. And eventually the entire Warabi girls follow up for more training to get better day by day, together with Coach Naoko.

Hopefully one day these Warabi girls will be able to go beyond and meet their soccer dreams and aspirations with the reforms. As is now, go read the manga (both this and Sayonara Football) and watch the prequel movie to continue this journey.

A decent show overall.
KANLen09Jun 27, 2021 9:28 AM
Jun 27, 2021 9:07 AM

Jun 2019
Well, that was an expected result for our girls because Uruwa Hosei is one strong school and just because one of our players is amazing can't make any difference in the game. Not to say that other girls were bad or anything. I'm pretty sure that they must have learned a lot from this. The experience is really important at the end of the match. It's alright to feel down after such a defeat but how you conquer it is what's important.

The girls couldn't overcome the score of 2-0 which was pretty big keeping in mind that the time was so short. It ended up in a defeat for Warabi girls. They improved a lot in my opinion and especially Nozomi has a lot to look forward to if she wants to go to the top. But, a bit of cliche at this point that every anime starts with a defeat for the protagonist team. Overall, it was an alright anime. The art style was pretty interesting tho and the story was okay as well.
Pre_YumJun 27, 2021 9:13 AM
Jun 27, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2020
Rather expected result.

Well, an average show. This could have been so much better and interesting.

SerafosMar 30, 2:06 AM
Jun 27, 2021 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
We knew they'd lose but it was a nice post game wrap up. Especially Midori's conversation with the Urawa Girls.

Overall, I really liked this show. Probably one of stand out shows from this season, not sure what captured it for me but I suppose it would have to be the character and the general story. Unfortunately, as most sports shows it suffers from lackluster presentation during the matches which is generally what makes great sports anime more compelling than the rest. I think the character moments within the match were there but they still needed better animation and production to convey it. I doubt we'll ever get another season but at lest the show has made me interested in the story so I may pick up the manga to continue it.

7/10
Jun 27, 2021 9:49 AM

Apr 2014
You may lose today, but tomorrow you will be the winner, Warabi.
Kind of a wrap up final episode. It was quite an okay anime overall. At least it is a girl soccer anime which is quite rare. We haven't seen much of them.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 27, 2021 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
The only way you can become a winner is by losing. Warabi didn’t get the result they’ll have wanted, but they played hard and grew as individuals as well as players. Although this show was kinda boring at times, I liked the message it’s trying to get across with the growth of women’s football. Hope we get more of this type of stuff.
Jun 27, 2021 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
I was frustrated after reading these chapters in the manga cause it genuinely made me feel bad and I'm once again frustrated after watching these events in the anime but this time for a different reason. It's cause they fuckin butchered this anime in everyway damn it. Cheap visuals, meh animation, bad directing, every fucking thing was shit. The episodes felt so lifeless. One of the most horrible adaptations I've ever seen. Anyone who liked this anime in the slightest bit go read the manga, it's 10 times better.
Jun 27, 2021 10:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good final episode, this. Going to up my rating to a very generous 6/10, as such.

It's a tough loss to swallow for the Warabis but, in the long run, it might've been for the better. Just two months in and they're forcing their opponents to bring out their best in order to defeat them, that doesn't sound too bad indeed.

Coach-san seems to be into it now which will surely prove to be more than just a helping hand, you'd have to feel.

Final few moments covering the whole interview felt like the perfect stopping point. That's one hell of a speech, honestly.

All in all, it's been a ride smack between average and fine. First ep got me interested but it just kind of dwindled from there on. There were a couple of hilarious episodes in the mid-phase which were fairly fun to keep up with but I reckon this episode takes the throne.

For some reason, the ED visuals grew on me a little. Going to miss it...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 27, 2021 10:59 AM

Nov 2016
A loss was expected, but it didn't diminish my enjoyment.

Lelouch0202 said:
Overall, I really liked this show. Probably one of stand out shows from this season, not sure what captured it for me but I suppose it would have to be the character and the general story. Unfortunately, as most sports shows it suffers from lackluster presentation during the matches which is generally what makes great sports anime more compelling than the rest. I think the character moments within the match were there but they still needed better animation and production to convey it. I doubt we'll ever get another season but at lest the show has made me interested in the story so I may pick up the manga to continue it.

7/10

Same here. Loved the characters and comedy. They made it feel more like a sports anime from the 00's, which I dug. These aspects were the main selling point and the limited animation wasn't nearly enough to turn me off, in fact I wasn't even bothered by it at all. Think I'm gonna pick up the manga as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 27, 2021 11:51 AM

Jul 2011
This episode was very problematic for me.
All that happened in this episode made me thought, "If had more episodes this could be better", after 13 episodes, just at the 13th the team became a team.
At this episode Panda decided to coach, at this episode they got probably a great defender that may be Echizen, at this episode the rest of the girls got their head in the game.
Jun 27, 2021 12:28 PM
Sep 2015
I'm so so late at realizing that Cramer in this anime name means Dettmar Cramer commonly considered to be the father of modern football in Japan who passed away several months before the manga.
Jun 27, 2021 1:35 PM

Jul 2012
A great story that was ruined by COVID, if they would've been able to release the movie on time, they would have had a better budget for the anime series.

I honestly think if it would've had better animation, this would be one of my favorite sports anime. I really want for this to get another season, but I think they probably won't see the sales results needed for that to happen.

I'll probably pick up the manga. I wish like the movie, they could have just delayed the show.

I will still give it an 8/10, with better animation, it probably would have been a 9 or 10.
Jun 27, 2021 2:05 PM

Jul 2017
well that was anticlimactic lol. Just cut straight to the end where they lose. But oh well, this is pretty much Ahiru no Sora levels were the rival team gets so much focus to the point where they seem more like the MC's lol

oh well, overall it was.....eh. I did like some of the SoL moments and comedy more than the actual soccer itself, but even then they weren't the greatest either. Tbf animating a soccer match is pretty difficult to do (and there honestly isn't really any anime that does it good) so I don't blame it for the poor animation

what the flying fuck is that art style/10
Jun 27, 2021 2:45 PM

Aug 2019
I don’t watch much sports anime so maybe this is a common reoccurrence in the genre, but considering this entire season was just the main team losing I disliked it quite a bit honestly
Jun 27, 2021 2:47 PM

Sep 2019
The only good thing about this show was Yuuki Aoi, everything else was unbearable. The story, animation, character designes... everything was so bad. I didn't enjoy it at all.
Jun 27, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
open ending for this show is the show was average with the plot itself is with new characters that were introduced to the enemy team that also found something more or less for this show 5/13.
Jun 27, 2021 6:38 PM
Sep 2015
I can't believe I finish this anime. The plot was meh, the animation is bad, character and their development is underwhelming. I have high hopes for this, the mangaka is the same who made Your Lie in April. Besides good VA everything else is forgettable.

Jun 27, 2021 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the animation style

8/10
Jun 27, 2021 11:32 PM
Mar 2010
This is lowest mal score anime which i completed. Well... thats something i guess.
Jun 28, 2021 12:13 AM

Oct 2016
I really enjoyed the show throughout. I liked the characters, plot, setting and themes, the visual quality is ok, I think the show really looked it's best these last few episodes. They were really conservative with the animation in the beginning.

As expected our girls lost, but this is only the beginning for them, they're still growing as a team. Nomi is growing, Fukatsu is growing and the whole team is growing. I loved that Sawa finally joined the team not just as a manager. Fukatsu and Onda's conversation was great as well. Honestly hope we get a second season, it's highly unlikely though I think. I'll definitely start reading the manga. 7/10
Jun 28, 2021 3:20 AM

Nov 2012
Good show, I didnt get to like the mc, Midori could have been a better one.

My Candies:

Jun 28, 2021 4:33 AM

Nov 2013
phantomfandom said:
I'm so so late at realizing that Cramer in this anime name means Dettmar Cramer commonly considered to be the father of modern football in Japan who passed away several months before the manga.

oh so that's what it was lol thanks for sharing :D
if you google translate the title, it will say "farewell, my duck" , so i was wondering if they added the Swan girl on purpose lmfao

-----------

lol they made a cliffhanger last episode, it seemed like we were gonna have more of that game but it ended in seconds

i see the girls "floor sliding" in that camp (17.14 example), doesn't it hurt? it's not grass, is it? dafuq

anyway, this was a pretty fun anime, i like some of the characters quite a bit (like the 3 main girls from the team as well as Tase, Makoto and Sawa (no i didn't remember these 2 last names (did they even say those names other than when showing the team in ep 1/2?), i just like them haha).. or the number 10 girl who likes Onda (Ito), or Chika-senpai)

this ending was pretty cool, they are totally building the ideas for next year, so they can beat both Urawa and the other teams

the final part after credits was also nice, literally every girl who is playing now, and even the coach, was watching coach Nomi 6 years before, i mean, while some of them probably already liked the sport (they were watching it after all) but it was her who made them want to shine

i already said this in another episode, this was one of the few recent animes that actually made me wanna read the manga to see what they do next... but it's also one of the few that has such a short manga (60 chapters or something like that? Hanebado had 80 and still felt short as hell lol) , so i don't believe it shows much more than we already saw in the anime, hopefully they make more lol

anyway i'll give this a 7, still need to watch the movie, but yeah, i would love to see more, specially after all the hype they gave us in the final 10 minutes, but i don't think they will make more, was the anime even popular at all in Japan?

edit: interestingly enough, i decided to check their website, and they have been doing collabs with random stuff... maybe it will be popular enough for an OVA or something lol
tell me this doesn't look cute :p

winddevil1Jun 28, 2021 4:58 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 28, 2021 5:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, that was hard to believe with all of those realistic result. Its frustated me so much by how they straight end them to those crushed point. Well, at least the girls reaction always amazed me. Full of positive attitudes, full of motivation to moving on into a better future. Its truth; better to have a several strong teams, than monopolize it into one team only. Good slap to these nowadays modern football bussiness, that tried to monopolize everything into one shit, and didn't even care about fair play at one sec anymore. Good thing that there's more competitive on several internation popular competition before. Hopefully it will stay balance till the end of the day. I may sounds bullshit here, but, thats all i can think about. Then, yeah, the story is pretty much decent and so enjoyable, with all of their quirks. Yuuki Aoi also carried the show so much and i can't help but feeling good after watching this.

A fine show overall, honest opinion matters in the last. Its absolutely can be better with different studio. But for me, its still simply enjoyable whatever shit the other elements are....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 28, 2021 9:41 AM
May 2017
I don't know why people are bashing the animation so much. Sure it is not the best, but isn't terrible either. Usually as long as it is watchable, I don't care that much about art.

I really am not a sport anime fan, I never finished a single one of them, except Linderfilms likes to make these off-meta sport animes (2 so far). I really liked this one and Hanebado as well, they are not the basic boring shounen stuff. Hope they will make some more.
Jun 28, 2021 11:27 AM

Mar 2015
Okay, now I can see why people don't really like this anime. I kind of found it frustrating that it only focused on 3 of the girls yet we didn't get much out of them imo Most of it was Soshizaki, a bit of Onda and Suou was basically forgotten after their first game. I mean I sort of enjoyed it but the writing is bad.
Jun 29, 2021 12:14 AM
Nov 2014
7/10 it was fun.

The animation and pacing were awkward but the story is good. People having hate boners for the show just feel weird to me.
Jun 29, 2021 11:14 PM

Mar 2019
Despite all the hate for the series...

8/10... very funny moments, and good football/soccer references.

Always Entertaining.

I would clearly watch a 2nd season of this series... I'd love to see Sawa as the new Warabis Captain.

Makoto needs more love too.

PD: The 6.0 score of this series is just sad... and also a joke... so much trash with better score than this... "MAL's Eternal Suffering".
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 10, 2021 5:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm okay, well it feels like just a prologue, it didn't go far sadly, that was still enjoyable but I feel like it could have been better, even for the animation and direction, I would say it's an average but enjoyable show overall, 5/10
Jul 11, 2021 3:30 AM
Aug 2017
My feelings towards this were fairly middling-to-poor throughout most of the series but I was actually very pleasantly surprised by the ending. I fully expected the cliche turnaround for the MC team but the more deserving (and likeable imo) team actually won, while the main group got some good development that should see them progress to a place where they're able to win these kind of matches in future. Good conclusive resolution to the Midori/Chika drama as well, they're firmly established as rivals from now on.

Having said that, that was still some terrible pacing in the last 4 episodes. Four whole episodes for a match where very little actually happened, then a cliffhanger ending to ep 11 that gets resolved by literally nothing further happening, mere seconds into the final episode. I assume they padded it massively to try and drag things out so they could finish the season here which admittedly does feel like the best stopping point.

I'll need to give the movie a go soon, although my expectations are low with it being about my least favourite character from the show. We'll see though, maybe when she was playing for the boys team she actually put some effort in for more than 10% of her playing time.
Jul 19, 2021 1:04 AM
Mar 2021
A hint for the second season of revenge
Jul 23, 2021 7:45 PM

Feb 2020
I hope it get a season 2
Aug 20, 2021 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
Warabis may have lost the match but they did quite well against a powerhouse considering Warabis team doesn't have any third years. While this wasn't outstanding in my opinion, still enjoyable to see an anime about women's soccer.

Sep 13, 2021 5:47 PM
Feb 2021
It's not very good, I hope it improves in the next season!
Sep 27, 2021 5:59 AM

Nov 2013
i liked the ending, it wasnt as boring as the rest of the show and it started really depressing but gave us a lot of hope in the end
Dec 18, 2021 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
No way this gets a second season. First of all, the music direction needs a complete overhaul, I know sports anime are all about animation but music also plays a key factor to the viewers. If there's no good music, there is no excitement even if there is amazing animation.

Stopped caring about the show when episode 6 hit and the pacing was too slow for me. Finished it 2 nights ago. While the ending was better than the show, I just didn't like the sound direction at all. Sometimes the voice acting was not subpar either. I wanted to enjoy it more but unfortunately, the enjoyment never happened.

Good things: the Conte imposter, the megane girl who was actually amazing at the game and the captain.

5/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 1, 3:29 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I'm not a fan of sports anime, but I kinda enjoyed my time with this show. I like the way they draw the girls. Their bodies are soft and slender, and their faces are pretty cute and expressive.

I also generally liked the performance of the voice actors. They sound soothing and nice. I liked the dynamics between some of the girls. But some girls were just annoying. Overall I'll give this show a favorable score of 4/10.
BigBoyAdvanceMar 1, 2:48 PM

More topics from this board

» So i guess it's just bad?

KoroSensei024 - May 2, 2021

42 by Romax24245 »»
Apr 27, 2023 3:36 AM

» More seasons?

Sleeping_wolf_ - Jun 20, 2021

8 by Torcher_ »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

26 by samsince04 »»
Aug 14, 2022 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2021

125 by samsince04 »»
Aug 13, 2022 11:35 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

24 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 16, 2022 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.