Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 26, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was tense.

Seeing Emilico blindfolded and held captive gave me the chills. But still, I do admire how she's able to keep composure and not panic. Her emotions are still very real however and she's still being protrayed as vulnerable.

What a cilffhanger!
Jun 26, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
AND HERE WE BEGIN with the side plot for the anime-original ending.

The Master Living Doll Edward has done his job of revenge against Kate: by kidnapping and having to contempt with Emilico's idiosyncrasies, while the young Shadow Masters and their Living Dolls commune together to find this eccentric Living Doll in Lord Grandfather's wing, is kinda funny though. His suit is one-of-a-kind, even if he uses a voice changer as a disguise.

At a time where time is of essence, Barbie and her Shadow Master Barbara barges into Ricky and Patrick's room, and both sense the fullness of suspicions. Thankfully they were not found out, and with much difficulty the others managed to escape, but Kate herself don't have time to wander around the huge Shadows House for long to find Emilico ASAP. Master Patrick calling out to Ricky also takes him out of the coffee soot brainwashing.

Kate will find a way to get Emilico free, and the first sign of going rogue in the veiled doll uniform is an indication that she's one step closer to knowing where her favourite Living Doll is held, with their bonds...that alas, is a trap.

What a cliffhanger though for a set-up episode for next week's finale.
KANLen09Jun 26, 2021 11:37 AM
Jun 26, 2021 9:01 AM

Mar 2020
even emma from promised neverland doesn't have the power to just undo brainwashing with one sentence of talk no jutsu

"your name is ricky" bam done

then whole supply of special coffee not protected by anything in particular, and everyone's IQ is in sub 100 levels now, probably reflecting well the intellectual capacity of whoever wrote this abomination
Jun 26, 2021 10:25 AM

Jun 2019
Oh boy, this was a rather intense episode for Kate and Emilico. Emilico being abducted and still acting so cheerful. Yep... that's Emilico for you. So adorable and optimistic. She would never sell Kate. I love how Emilico was acting like she's eating a roll and she's full. She's such a sweet child. Even giving Edward a hard time. LOL

Kate got help from all of them and their shadows in helping her find Emilico. But lucky enough they weren't found by Barbara and Barbie. Kate on her way to Emilico also saw a mysterious box. What could be inside of it? There was soot coming out of it. Also, Edward's trap worked on Kate and she walked right into it. Looks like the last episode is gonna be quite something. I hope they manage to escape from there.
Jun 26, 2021 10:26 AM

Feb 2020
That cliffhanger...!

I can't wait for the last episode.
Jun 26, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2019
Wait, so Edward and his fairy are completely synchronised? I.e sharing one body? This was a really wild episode. I wasn’t expecting Edward to be so brash and actually kidnap Emilcco, now he’s got she and Kate right in his grasp, hope they’re able to get out safely. What a cliffhanger to leave off on. I’ve heard some people talk about there being an anime original ending, so does that mean the entire story will get wrapped up next week and no season 2 or?
Jun 26, 2021 10:43 AM
Apr 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Wait, so Edward and his fairy are completely synchronised? I.e sharing one body?
They mentioned this in the last episode I think
Jun 26, 2021 10:44 AM

Jan 2021
Why is Emilico so beautiful even when she is kidnapped? 😂

Hmm? How could Ricky and Lou get out of their states with just a few words? 0.0

Nooo, now it's going to be very difficult to get out of this situation, but I trust them
Jun 26, 2021 10:48 AM
Sep 2015
Gotta love how John want to punch everything to solve every problem, and I believe he can!
Jun 26, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2021
how could the premise of leaving the spell of the grandfather that was such a big deal the past episode be such a joke now lmao why did they even need to get rid of the spell so quickly anyways

Jun 26, 2021 11:20 AM
Feb 2021
No real surprise and not really new things to say because this episode continues on the "non-sense" of the previous episode,
The feeling of rush is still present, it compresses the entire arc of the manga in 3 episode (The coffin, the coffee, edward, ...) and these last two episodes are only there to fill the anime . The star bearer even revealed that it is Edward (who presented himself during the beginning as a doll), who runs the children's building but who care we are already far past the point of being logic with the story. It's sad because it's still well animated, but I can't like a story being such rushed.
AkihapJun 26, 2021 12:23 PM
Jun 26, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2019
saying your name is ricky was enough???

i cant believe they did my boy like that T-T
Jun 26, 2021 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
nice TnJ to remove the effects lol
Jun 26, 2021 11:35 AM
Feb 2021
Ok lol ⁢⁢⁢⁢⁢⁢⁢⁢⁢⁢
Jun 26, 2021 11:42 AM

May 2018
For me the show ended around the middle of episode 11...I still I love the visuals tho.
Jun 26, 2021 11:54 AM

Jul 2011
I liked this MGS-like episode.

My only critic, is that the others got out of the hypnosis easier than Emilico. Just saying.
Im only saying this because she almost died from water intoxication.

I'm felling that the anime will end with Kate having her memory somehow erased, and that will be cliffhanger for the (hopeful) season 2.

Ending of the episode:
Kate?
Kate?
KAAAATE!!
Jun 26, 2021 11:57 AM

Jun 2019
Ricky and Lou got cleared of the sickness very eaily after all the effort Shaun and Emilico had to go through. I don’t know what Edward is expecting to do now that he has Kate and Emilico because his soot power is far weaker than Kate’s. I also hear that it is getting an original ending next episode which is very disappointing if true.
Jun 26, 2021 12:09 PM

Apr 2018
Emilico in the beginning was really cute. Shaun, patrick, kate, louise and the rest teamed up to save Emilico but were almost caught by Barbara xD That was really close. Kate found out how they made/where they stocked the coffee. Oh also her outfit is pretty nice.

Edward is such a sus person, hopefully he loses everything in the end.
One more episode left.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 26, 2021 12:10 PM

Apr 2008
Blue_Maroon said:
Ricky and Lou got cleared of the sickness very eaily after all the effort Shaun and Emilico had to go through. I don’t know what Edward is expecting to do now that he has Kate and Emilico because his soot power is far weaker than Kate’s. I also hear that it is getting an original ending next episode which is very disappointing if true.

In the manga, Edward got a good power(another power, not jus change his voice), at least, maybe we will see this power in the next episode.

Sorry, but since the middle of Episode 11, we are in the original content. So yeah, we will have original ending
Jun 26, 2021 12:49 PM
May 2021
Overall production quality, still superior compared to TPN season 2. It's clearly seen how the author worked carefully with the production committee to make do with this adaptation. For what's worth, more new fans can flock to the source content right after this series ends. Simply a one, big marketing value done right at this point. A bit unsatisfactory, rushed and quiet bizarre pacing for words but still able to carry the weigh of being a marketable value for the manga.

The Talk no Jutsu sped things up for the anime counterpart of Lou and Ricky to return back to normal. However, the manga counterpart of Lou and Ricky are still trapped in the Lord Grandfather's special coffee effect! XDDD

Then again, I'm honestly really intrigued to see how things will wrap up next week.
Jun 26, 2021 12:59 PM
Apr 2021
I don't really like how this is going. In the manga, Kate and Emilico had to go through lengths to fully undo the brainwashing
but here, Patrick and Louise undid the brainwashing as simple as that? Also, this whole abduction thing is so pointless because if Edward were to learn about Kate's plan to revolt against the Shadows House now, how are they supposed to fix everything to bring back the main plot points from the manga... sounds like s2 is a bit impossible now
Jun 26, 2021 2:05 PM

Apr 2020
the rushed anime original plot continues! this time with lou and ricky getting their brainwashing undone with one conversation each and kate just wandering into the coffee brewing room. at least i get to see some new scenes of emilyko being cute. hopefully john will get to punch something
Jun 26, 2021 3:15 PM

Jan 2011
With my late reply I'm obviously less than enthused. At least I have something to complain about now, since every other show has already ended. I'll wait until next week to fully blow up. At least soon we get Higurashi, Slime, and Bakarina.
Jun 26, 2021 3:34 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I like John wanting to just hit something... anything. LOL A very nice and tense episode setting up a great end episode next week!
Jun 26, 2021 3:34 PM

Nov 2013
Well, this is my middle finger to whoever's responsible for the decision to go anime-only route. This was 97% anime-original episode. Such a ridiculous leap from the source material.
Now, for amateurs or anime-onlies this may not seem like too bad, but after you've read the source, you understand how dumbed-down the characters and plot is. It's rushed, it's stupid and it's all over the place!
I've lost hope for a good ending. Gonna stick to manga. I think I'll blacklist Cloverworks from now on as well. There are just too many fuck ups from this studio and they seem to be enjoying it. Not studio's fault? I honestly don't care. They should stay the F away from "anime-original" routes.
Let me guess how they'll end this judging by the title. Children will likely beat Edward thanks to John coming for aid or some deus-ex shit. They keep throwing cameos of a certain character so I expect them
to appear again. Another rushed crap... In the end we may even get a full-scale revolution of kids vs adults; even though it's insanely stupid since top shadows are OP. In other words, I've started putting nails in this coffin. It'll take me a week to finish the job.
Jun 26, 2021 3:42 PM

Nov 2013
Also, imagine if they spoil the manga ending in the last episode and do another powerpoint slide-show of events leading to humans returning back to the village and Grandpa getting defeated... Now won't that be funny?

Everything's possible after a fat lie from the author that "he'll fix things" if season 2 becomes reality. There's no turning back now.
Jun 26, 2021 3:56 PM

Jun 2017
I ain't even mad, Emilico pissing off Edward was gold.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Also, imagine if they spoil the manga ending in the last episode and do another powerpoint slide-show of events leading to humans returning back to the village and Grandpa getting defeated... Now won't that be funny?

Everything's possible after a fat lie from the author that "he'll fix things" if season 2 becomes reality. There's no turning back now.

To be honest, I just couldn't resist binging the manga and the way they went anime original could still tie in imo.

Like treating this whole early Edward "mini battle" just as the premise, then they could implement the skipped arcs as well. Heck, the anime opening spoiled certain characters (other star bearers than Barbara, the twin shadows) but there is no way they will be in the last episode. So I wonder what went wrong that they ended up going full original. That really caught my eye now that I rewatched it because it's pretty uncommon to show characters in the opening that won't ever appear...

If they want to end on a note to never make another season that's also cool with me. The manga is going after all and doesn't seem like it will end anytime soon. It's honestly great. It's all what The Promised Neverland should have been.
Jun 26, 2021 4:11 PM

Mar 2020
As a manga reader, this is a really good plot for an anime original.

Yes, there are some plot conveniences and some rushed parts (like Ricky and Lou coming to senses too quickly), but this is A LOT more detail for the series than is presented in the manga. I don't remember the manga ever talking about 3 floors in the Shadows House. Louise is actually shown using her powers, which is barely done in the manga. We see Shirley (she first appears right after the ending of the debut arc in the manga, so that's not rushed) as well, but that's not revealed just yet. They have kept everything that made the series so tense and mysterious, we still don't know so much about the Shadows House.

Manga readers need to stop being so anal about faithful adaptations. Sure I would've loved one as well, but this isn't bad whatsoever. I think this is an excellent anime original plot, if everything goes well in the final episode, then this anime was easily a 8-9/10 for me despite being original, because that was really really good for an anime original. I totally see the author adding in details and nuances that they can't in a weekly 12 page manga.
Jun 26, 2021 4:14 PM
Jun 2021
I liked the episode but I hoped for more epic events on the other hand the episode did fail to make me want to crave for more
Jun 26, 2021 4:23 PM

Sep 2020
An early confrontation with Edward...it sounds intriguing but it's hard to say if the aftermath of this alternative situation will be good.
Jun 26, 2021 4:29 PM

Jan 2021
I know all the manga readers are upset but as anime original this is still amazing. I cant wait for the next episode.
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Jun 26, 2021 4:33 PM

Jun 2019
I would say my thoughts on this episode are in line with and continue on the trajectory and same pattern set with episode 11.

The events themselves are engaging and could be very interesting, moving, exciting, etc. if many more episodes and proper time were devoted to them in the slower burn style of the earlier part of the season, but the increasingly breakneck speed at which things are happening serves only to deflate the sense of stakes and emotional investment and undercut their gravitas. It makes the world a little thinner, poorer, cheaper feeling for it.

And that in of itself it's a shame. Because all that great worldbuilding potential, the characters, etc. are all still arrayed there, but series which pull these kind of maneuvers can't really rise above a 7/10-esque material in my estimation. They are serviceable, but can't excel beyond their structural framework because of the exact way they're deliberately written, plotted, and paced. To reach an end point, sacrificing the journey and all the innumerable small moments and points of light, creativity, nuance, "idle" time spent, etc. which branch off from said journey along with it. It just makes the story less rich, less weight, depth, etc. It doesn't destroy the story, but detracts from its luminance.

The ending, at least what they're building up toward to be the ending, just seems too clean, quick, and "easy" for my tastes. It emanates this air of something decided in concert with a sterile production committee. They will reach the target goal, but castrate the anime of a lot of its impact and staying power in the process.

Man, I wanted this to be my first "8/10" in some time.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Now, for amateurs or anime-onlies this may not seem like too bad, but after you've read the source, you understand how dumbed-down the characters and plot is. It's rushed, it's stupid and it's all over the place!

Perhaps for some. But no, I'm an anime-only watcher and I can tell. Not only have I never read the manga at all, but I rarely read any manga period. Yet I think I've seen enough art and media at this point between anime, cartoons, live action film and television, etc., to be able to sift through that which has a foundation beneath it and that which is empty. And to me, a rushed plot is empty, weightless, like a hollowed out tree husk. It's just unfortunate because it can't negate or undo the lovely aesthetic and concept put forward by this series, but it does it an injustice I think even many anime-only viewers can see from a mile away if you're at all critical and have been exposed to enough.
WatchTillTandavaJun 26, 2021 4:44 PM
Jun 26, 2021 6:09 PM
Aug 2013
Disappointed ... what the hell happened with Ricky and Lou? How did they overcome their brainwashing this easily?! Also, why didn't they try to stop the meeting to begin with. Weren't they supposed to become "loyal" by just drinking the coffee.

What a joke ... !

Believe me read the manga.
These last 3 episodes will literally spoil the manga on you so start reading the manga now if you hate spoilers.
Jun 26, 2021 6:10 PM
Aug 2013
MomoSinX said:
I ain't even mad, Emilico pissing off Edward was gold.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

To be honest, I just couldn't resist binging the manga and the way they went anime original could still tie in imo.

Like treating this whole early Edward "mini battle" just as the premise, then they could implement the skipped arcs as well. Heck, the anime opening spoiled certain characters (other star bearers than Barbara, the twin shadows) but there is no way they will be in the last episode. So I wonder what went wrong that they ended up going full original. That really caught my eye now that I rewatched it because it's pretty uncommon to show characters in the opening that won't ever appear...

If they want to end on a note to never make another season that's also cool with me. The manga is going after all and doesn't seem like it will end anytime soon. It's honestly great. It's all what The Promised Neverland should have been.

I noticed that also! I thought these characters will appear in episode 12 but nothing happened.
Jun 26, 2021 6:51 PM

Jun 2014
Emilico is really out here eating pretend bread and wanting to have a pleasant conversation while being held captive, blindfolded, and tied up. The level of wholesomeness lol......

Well it's a shame that this is deviating from the source material and not doing it justice, but I'm still interested in seeing how this all wraps up, especially after this cliffhanger. Lmao though at Ricky and Lou being Talk no Jutsu'd out of the brainwashing.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 26, 2021 7:06 PM

Dec 2020
to be freed from the soot coffee effect emilico had to drink so much water that she puked it, shaun had to have a fight with john, but lou and ricky only had to listen to a few nice words lol

really tense episode, i actually quite like with how they're going with this anime original route, missing some details from the manga ofc but they dont really matter in This story so its fine, looking forward to the next episode and how they'll end this
Jun 26, 2021 11:47 PM

Jun 2019
Stupid Kate, entering Great Grandfather building alone is really a mistake.

If you really want rebel great grandfather, I think its better to provoke another child to protest Edward about Emilyco Kidnapping.
I think Barbara as the leader of children building will agree for that since she hate Edward too.

I really hate the anime picturing Kate as the stupid and not cautious.
HitoribotchanJun 27, 2021 9:37 AM
Jun 27, 2021 12:01 AM
Jul 2020
Great episode, will we see a kate vs edward next ep?
Jun 27, 2021 12:01 AM

May 2013
ED song still stuck in my head even after months of listening to it.
Jun 27, 2021 1:18 AM

Jul 2020
What an episode.

Kate feel right into Edward's trap. I like how Emilico is able to be so cheerful as she is kidnapped, it really describes her character. I cannot wait to see the ending to this series.
Jun 27, 2021 1:46 AM

Oct 2016
I'll save my judgement for this anime original arc after the last episode, there are some things I liked, but most of it is worrying. It's still pretty engaging though, just a bunch of inconsistencies here and there.

They might make other characters or plot points inconsistent, but they can never ruin Emilico's character lmao. Edward's interrogation techniques is no match for our sunshine. Well, looking forward to how this original arc ends. I am hoping for a season 2, but chances are low.
Jun 27, 2021 4:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
After reading the manga this episode just feels like Neverland S2 really, it's like they put random elements from the manga and removed the development... I'm still looking forward to seeing how they'll finish it
Jun 27, 2021 4:28 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
At this point i don't even know how can this be works out after all, but its still happening. Everything looked very rushed and so convinient on my point of view. How the hell Edward just instantly getting an upper hand like that without explaining the scene behind all of that? Tryhard containing some shit cliffhanger? More importantly, whats the deal with those little soot creature? Why those thing was there and whats the role of those creature? Then about Ricky and Lou too, i feel it so weird, because its just resolved out of nowhere. Same like Shaun case, smh. In the end, as someone who dislike the anime original plot so much, i truly dislike this kind of route too. So, deal with these little words and see you later on the final episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 27, 2021 5:29 AM

Feb 2021
I haven't read the manga, I only heard about the changes after last week's episode 11. But regardless, it is clear how rushed this episode felt. From one moment to the next, things are moving very quickly compared to beforehand in the season.

I still want to see how it all ends next week of course, but what happens there I guess could indicate whether a season 2 could ever happen even if they ever greenlit one. I don't see how the Lord Grandfather could be involved in this next episode, and doubtful that anyone there could take him. Maybe John will one-punch-man him and all shadows will poof forever? lol.
Jun 27, 2021 6:11 AM

May 2020
As a anime only, since ep.11 has changed. I has feeling mixed with original route. It neither bad nor good for me. I agree that with some points that I don't like and very weird like Ricky and Lou situation got clear too easily. Everything and points of anime seems to be very rushed. Everything seems to be very straightforward not has much explaining. but i think it acceptable for me now. I'm not sure.So let's see until it end. Overall, original route seems meh for me and I will read manga after finish the anime. So that's it.
Jun 27, 2021 6:34 AM
Nov 2009
Judevin said:
As a manga reader, this is a really good plot for an anime original.

It really depends on how it ends, but honestly I can't see how they are going to wrap up everything, since there are still so many mysteries left to be explored.

Not gonna lie, it was a lot of fun seeing Edward getting completely destroyed by ms Sunshine, so will say they did a good job with that.
Jun 27, 2021 8:21 AM
Nov 2020
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
even emma from promised neverland doesn't have the power to just undo brainwashing with one sentence of talk no jutsu

"your name is ricky" bam done

then whole supply of special coffee not protected by anything in particular, and everyone's IQ is in sub 100 levels now, probably reflecting well the intellectual capacity of whoever wrote this abomination

To be fair, what they showed were simple coffeeware in the Great Grandfather's building,

As a fellow manga reader, I'd say what they did in the anime was just right with what they've shown so far.
With the TnJ treatment, I have to agree with how rushed that part was compared to Emilico and Shaun's case.
Jun 27, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2014
Pacing-wise, this didn't feel quite as bad as last week's episode, but it's definitely still notably faster than the carefully-paced debut and everything before that. In particular, the undoing of Ricky's brainwashing was incredibly lazy, but everything else was at least decent enough. Emilico's response to being kidnapped is exactly what I'd expect it to be, so at least they kept her characterisation intact. Interesting to see the way Edward changes tact once he realises how to get through to Emilico; it certainly seems to imply that he's been involved in some interrogations in the past.

Gonna wait to see how they choose to conclude this before properly judging it, and then pick up the manga at some later date down the line.
Jun 27, 2021 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
If there will be season 2 they can just pull a blue exorcist.In blue exorcist season 1 the ending was original but in season 2 they acted like that ending never happened and continued from the manga.
Jun 27, 2021 12:08 PM

Jun 2019
AnidoseTH said:
As a anime only, since ep.11 has changed. I has feeling mixed with original route. It neither bad nor good for me. I agree that with some points that I don't like and very weird like Ricky and Lou situation got clear too easily. Everything and points of anime seems to be very rushed. Everything seems to be very straightforward not has much explaining. but i think it acceptable for me now. I'm not sure.So let's see until it end. Overall, original route seems meh for me and I will read manga after finish the anime. So that's it.

Yes, as an anime-only viewer as well, episode 11 marks the turning point. I don't buy the claim by some that this wouldn't or shouldn't bother anime-only viewers. As one myself, I'm bothered.

This has been my favorite series of the season (and I've watched/am watching 11, more than ever before to choose from) by a sizable margin, but it has gone steeply downhill since after the debut arc beginning with episode 11. The change in pacing and resulting tone from that seems extremely apparent and drastic.

It's like the difference between slowly savoring a nice meal, chewing the steak slowly, taking a sip of wine here and there, allowing the flavors to caress your palette (episodes 1 - 10) and then the waiter drops by and informs you the restaurant will be closing in 10 minutes so you need to get out, so you hurriedly scarf everything down to the point of choking and variety of flavors and enjoyment is lost as a consequence (episodes 11 on for now).

The difference in feeling and atmosphere when an anime seems to be taking its time versus racing to the finish line is extremely obvious and strongly felt.
WatchTillTandavaJun 27, 2021 12:13 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

128 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

190 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:58 PM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity.

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

9 by ichihito »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

125 by _kukiyomenai »»
Jul 15, 2023 6:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.