Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2021 4:01 AM

Dec 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, it was such a good ending but at the same time cliffhanger !!

We need more !!
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jun 17, 2021 5:42 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Well, the fight ended a bit disappointingly, and not just because I wanted Poseidon to win. They really ham fisted the fight to make Sasaki's underdog story work, but that just made his victory all the more predictable and unrealistic. They didn't even bother giving Poseidon any cool moves really besides for stabbing, stabbing fast, and stabbing faster. They could have been more creative with the lord of the seas in an aquatic arena.

Well, at least the humans won a battle and the next fight with Hercules vs Jack the Ripper should be interesting, though again, there shouldn't be any way that Jack the Ripper has a chance of winning.

As suspected, Hermes is up to a little mischief and he might really be on Brunhilde's side, but then again, that might be Loki in disguise, and that would make even more sense considering that he is the god of mischief.

All in all, a very entertaining show, but the formulaic story, slow pacing, and weak animation detract from the overall enjoyment of the anime. The action animation wasn't as bad as others are making it out to be, but it is still far from being anything noteworthy, which for this type of show, it should be.

I am definitely looking forward to a second season to continue the story. At this pace, there can easily be at least two more seasons. Hopefully they don't take too long to be released.
Jun 17, 2021 6:08 AM
Mar 2018
anime-prime said:
Well, the fight ended a bit disappointingly, and not just because I wanted Poseidon to win. They really ham fisted the fight to make Sasaki's underdog story work, but that just made his victory all the more predictable and unrealistic. They didn't even bother giving Poseidon any cool moves really besides for stabbing, stabbing fast, and stabbing faster. They could have been more creative with the lord of the seas in an aquatic arena.

Well, at least the humans won a battle and the next fight with Hercules vs Jack the Ripper should be interesting, though again, there shouldn't be any way that Jack the Ripper has a chance of winning.

As suspected, Hermes is up to a little mischief and he might really be on Brunhilde's side, but then again, that might be Loki in disguise, and that would make even more sense considering that he is the god of mischief.

All in all, a very entertaining show, but the formulaic story, slow pacing, and weak animation detract from the overall enjoyment of the anime. The action animation wasn't as bad as others are making it out to be, but it is still far from being anything noteworthy, which for this type of show, it should be.

I am definitely looking forward to a second season to continue the story. At this pace, there can easily be at least two more seasons. Hopefully they don't take too long to be released.

Completely agree w you about Poseidon vs Sasaki. As soon as they kept showing how heartless Poseidon was and kept pushing Sasaki’s backstory it was clear how it’d go. It was not as bad as the Thor vs LuBu fight though.
They did so well w the Adam vs Zeus, only problem was I doubted they’d kill off Zeus this early but otherwise I’d be perfectly satisfied if the remaining showdowns are at this level.

Why why why though was a Greek god introduced w classical music by Germans lol. An orchestra of trumpets and harps would’ve been more appropriate? Is that just how it was in the manga?

Animation-wise it’s so inconsistent, when it’s poor it really took me out of the viewing experience. And they need to hire a battle choreographer or something, all the fights themselves are quite lame. Stabs and simple slashes or punches, really sad for a show this genre. I heard God of HS has great fights but really poor story, bring em here. I hope they’ll change studios, this show has so much potential.
Fawn_ThorusJun 17, 2021 6:19 AM
Jun 17, 2021 6:29 AM

Jan 2021
It seemed impossible, but the winner turned out to be Sasaki 0.0

I finally finished this, I watched it because I had the morning off and I didn't want to drop it. It started well, but then I lost interest... 4/10
Jun 17, 2021 6:33 AM

Sep 2011
Not good. 3/10. Story isn't very well made and if the animation and fights can't fix it, nothing can. Sadly, the studio animation for this is garbo.
TyrelJun 18, 2021 12:54 AM
Jun 17, 2021 6:44 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like after the first one for mankind, all humanity is having high hopes for future fights and on the other hand, after losing Poseidon to a human, the gods are finally going to take it seriously. The Greek gods looked quite ferocious at the tea table. Hermes was talking to Brunnhilde about something, don't know what's that about. But, or now the Ragnarok will commence forward.

The fourth bout in the final battle between the gods and humankind is about to take place and this time around, Hercules is the one who's gonna fight from God's side and humanity chooses the evilest murderer in history, Jack The Ripper for their next hope for a win. Humans have finally tasted a win against gods, thanks to Kojiro, and will wanna keep it that way. Gods have won two on the other hand. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Looking forward to next season. But I can't wait so I'm just gonna go and read the manga from the starting. Tho, I might change my score after the manga and I can feel that it's gonna change. LOL
Pre_YumJun 17, 2021 6:48 AM
Jun 17, 2021 12:54 PM

Oct 2017
That certainly was a surprising victory for Kojiro. Poseidon looked so invincible till the end that I didn't think he'd lose. But hey it's here, mankind's first win. Props to kojiro for bringing it.

We are at the next match and lol what a matchup. Hercules, one of the most renowned Hero from the god's side vs Jack the ripper, one of the most heinous criminal from the human's side. Ironic, isn't it? This will be a great fight but too bad this is the end of season 1 so it'll be a while before we get to watch it.

Alright season 1 overall, the bad animation really brought down this anime.
Jun 17, 2021 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
I have no problem with the overall story and honestly wasn't bothered by the animation. But the second they showed Sasaki I knew, of course the first human to beat a god would be Japanese. Sigh. Adam should've won.

Also props for the manga for creating the best Loki design out there.
Jun 17, 2021 4:08 PM

Aug 2016
'Sasaki's victory was unrealistic'........
Their entire fight was an egotistical god prick who thought he was born perfect, vs a man who knew he was born weak and spent his entire life and beyond getting stronger and more skilled.
His victory was earned, through blood, sweat, tears and actually seeing others as they are, and learning from them, not treating them like shit.
Pusseidon died liked the bitch he was, he couldn't even die with a shred of actual dignity.
What's unrealistic is that Zeus didn't cock-slap him outta existence millennia ago.

Overall the series didn't live up to the manga, but to be fair you would need OPM S1 or Mob Psycho S2 levels on animation to do that, but it was decent.
It was definitely not, other than the odd moments here and there, a power-point presentation.

Also what a cock-tease ending, Hercules vs Jack is to date my favourite fight.

JokerVenturaJun 17, 2021 4:13 PM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jun 17, 2021 6:10 PM

Jul 2011
I was all in for Kojiro to win, because was fun to see a good samurai fight, and had to change the momentum.

The tension that this anime made feel, should be illegal. Felt like one of those finals of the World Cup, where you stop breathing from time to time.

A season 2 would be more than welcome for me. With Hercules and Jack The Ripper looking like Jojo characters.I'm all in.
Seriously, all this different drawing styles between characters is cool.
Jun 17, 2021 7:03 PM

Aug 2017
The dub called Heracles his Roman name, Hercules, LOL he's supposed to be Greek.
Jun 17, 2021 9:51 PM

Dec 2020
poseidon L

hoping there'd be a second season because i really am interested in the story but also hoping that it'd be done better since this was kind of disappointing

Jun 18, 2021 12:29 AM
Feb 2020
I would love to see Tsuda Kenjirou or Miyano Mamoru to Voice Jack The Ripper
or
Miyano Mamoru as Buddha

And I want Studio Bones to handle the next seasons hopefully
Jun 18, 2021 2:14 AM

Apr 2020
I'm actually surprised the score is this high.
This is GoH but worse. The design of the gods and the music are really good but the animation and story brings it down.
I can't give it more than 5/10 and I feel like I'm being generous.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 18, 2021 2:21 AM
Jun 2020
Hey Poseidon, lord of the seas and the elder brother of Zeus. So tell me what's your power?
Poseidon: I can thrust my triden real fast
Jun 18, 2021 5:43 AM

Feb 2020
First fight between lu be and thor was dreadful boring...Single attack per episode. Second fight Adam vs zeus was interesting (has the slide show in episode 8) but still overall most interesting fight and adam was most interesting character too.
Third fight started boring but got good towards the ending. But still Poseidon was worst character out of all character and somehow musashi also felt downgraded.

Overall characters does not have enough development to feel attached. Story is too simple and back stories are not interconnected which makes it very less intriguing. Also animation was ok (bad at some places). Character designs looked kind of cool but still I am not a fans of it because its kind of felt weird in some ways to me. I did enjoy the fights (but still wish it was more action packed and backstories had more relevance than just to explain a attack)
AdampkJun 18, 2021 6:05 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 18, 2021 7:16 AM

May 2018
And so the world's greatest loser won his first battle. I still think it ended too quickly and I thought Poseidon had more up his sleeve other than spam attacking like Zeus.

Not bad. 5/10 I might read the manga to get the true experience.
Jun 18, 2021 7:27 AM

Apr 2018
Sasaki finally won a batle and the humans finally won a round. Big W right here.
It was okay adap, I loved the manga. Wish it was a lil better but whatever.
Thank you for animating Aphrodite's plot. I'm damn grateful for that.
I love how agressive Hrist is lul.
Left on a cliffhanger. If a season 2 comes, it better have good animated fights.
Can't wait for Hercules vs Jack The Ripper, one of the best fights.
SideCharacterKalJun 18, 2021 7:35 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 18, 2021 12:59 PM

Jun 2020
It was alright ig. I didn't really care about the weak animation like many others, but the content itself wasn't very compelling either. The soundtrack and characters made the experience more enjoyable though. (really love the ED). Brunhilde is great fun to watch. The best fight was Adam vs Zeus definitely, the third fight was nice and the first was alright ig. But looking forward to second season. 6/10
This anime shit is addictive
Jun 18, 2021 2:31 PM

Nov 2016
Too bad this Poseidon wasn't fucked up as badly as the one in God of War.

In a perfect world there could've been a better adaptation, alas, it is what it is. It was obvious that there couldn't be fluid animation. Doing the source full justice would be a laborious project after all and we got this series pretty quickly.

@Rei_III "Damned end of the OVA era ! Damned ONA format" xD

Still had fun with this. OST's and overall feeling were quite dope. What's genuinely disappointing to see was that they nerfed Brunhilde's madness. A shame because Sawashiro was nice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 18, 2021 3:02 PM

Dec 2015
@FMmatron Ahah XD This one will stay in the records, I guess.
Do you mean it would have been nice seeinfg this adapted in that era, with the care, time and money that usually went into OAVs? (Seeing the poster, it would'nt have seemed strange.)
Jun 18, 2021 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
Rei_III said:
@FMmatron Ahah XD This one will stay in the records, I guess.
Do you mean it would have been nice seeinfg this adapted in that era, with the care, time and money that usually went into OAVs? (Seeing the poster, it would'nt have seemed strange.)

Yes, yes and yes. 40-60 minutes per fight + build up every few months. That would've been sweet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 19, 2021 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
Ah there he finally is, I was wondering where Hercules was.

Kojiro Sasaki though, what a lad.
Jun 19, 2021 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
and the first human to win was japanese, coincidence? don't think so...
Jun 19, 2021 12:53 PM
Mar 2021
Already know poseidon gonna lose. Everytime snobbish ppl look down other ppl always lose in the end.
Jun 20, 2021 3:44 PM

Jun 2014
Well at least humanity closed out the season with one W (it was pretty obvious Sasaki would win). It would have been a shame if they got swept by the gods in all 3 fights lol. With that cliffhanger ending, ending right as the 4th match begins, I wonder if we'll see a 2nd season.

This was ok I guess, it's a shame that something so action-packed didn't have great animation to make it more hype. Some of the fights sure could have used some better animation. I don't think the animation, or even the show as a whole, were nearly as horrible as some people were making it out to be, but it was certainly nothing remarkable. Nothing really stood out in this show and the fights never felt like they flowed that well because of how much interruption there was throughout.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 20, 2021 8:07 PM
Mar 2014
While it's true that there were some stills in the anime, this was still a pretty fun watch. Only thing I would've liked better is less talk, more fighting, but they can keep the backstories because they were interesting. The first fight taking what, 4? episodes felt really long. Looking forward to a second season if it comes.
Jun 21, 2021 9:16 PM
Apr 2021
5, because the adam god, the ost and the giant Kojiro
Jun 23, 2021 12:24 AM

Sep 2019
It was fun at times but the story was meh. The animation wasn’t good either. I liked the OP/ED. I’ll probably watch if it gets a second season but I don’t have high expectations from it
Jun 23, 2021 12:28 AM
Nov 2017
It was a fun ride.

Brunnhilde the bae though. Might read the manga from the beginning to see what I missed.
Jun 23, 2021 1:17 AM

May 2012
Not bad at all actually, the episodic pacing was quite good, this anime would certainly be better if it had 24 episodes to its conclusion, but well this does provide a nice cliffhanger for the sequel!
Jun 23, 2021 4:46 AM

Dec 2018
I think the story is good at first since they shown that God are OP and are impossible to win but seeing Kojiro easily win for the first humanity really sound ridiculous... I mean... of course, Japanese made Japanese manage to kill a powerful God.

Well, at least the Bipolar big oppai Valkyrie survived.
They portray the God even use and hearing things and music that created by the human.

Hoping they do the animation really seriously if they do creating another season, I bet if the animation is good as MAPPA or Ufortable, this anime score will be as good as the manga score. The manga score is really good rather than the Anime score, so low.

Jun 24, 2021 10:46 AM

Jun 2013
It wasn't as bad as most people said it was but if you want a tournament style, action-packed Anime with lots of fights then this is definitely not it.

There were lots of handsome and gorgeous gods and humans though. I couldn't stop staring at Thor, Adam, Poseidon, Eve, Aphrodite and even Loki.
臭い-
Jun 24, 2021 2:09 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Humanity claimed its first victory by having Kojiro beat Poseidon. I enjoyed this series despite the animation not being so great, but it wasn't bad as some people claim to say. Hopefully this will get a second season as the anime left off with Hercules battling Jack The Ripper.

I give it a 7/10.
Jun 25, 2021 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
This show is such wonderful shlock. A truly stupid premise, featuring an assemble of one-dimensional stock characters that reads like the who's-who of shonen anime, packed with the most over-the-top format (a battle tournament, of Humans and Gods) in a completely generic setting (look at this run-of-the-mill arena that can change appearance at will so we never have to leave the core plot. What lies outside? Not important!) and generously sprinkled with every single bad 'animu' trope you can think of.

This might not be a new gold standard for the genre, but it definitely is The 2021 greasy, oh so satisfying early morning pizza dripping with stuffing which you order when you have a serious case of the munchies after a night of intense online gaming and epic bong rips.

It is Cheese, but it is the best kind of Cheese.
AfterGlowJun 25, 2021 7:35 PM
Jun 27, 2021 3:28 AM

May 2015
It wasnt that bad, but I really want more fluid fights. Hope s2 give me that.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 28, 2021 7:00 AM

Mar 2017
This ep remind me Naruto Shippuden opening 8 T-T I'll start the manga for sure ^^
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Jun 29, 2021 9:12 AM

Jan 2017
I think anyone that is QQing hard about this must have read the manga or whatever japanese media had it first and created unrealistic expectations for this show

Its a low budget show but damn, that "Arigato" made me drop a tear, I went into this show blind, halfway through this fight up until the very end I could swear poseidon was going to win and that it would probably end up in a 7-0 for the gods

If you already know the outcome this could be boring because the animation is just a bunch of gifs mashed together, so yeah I can understand the anger of whoever saw the source material, but I can say I had a very good time watching this
NubaJun 29, 2021 9:16 AM
Jun 29, 2021 10:42 AM

Nov 2013
I saw how many people were saying that this anime isn't a good adaptation of the manga, so I was afraid that I wouldn't like it too, but I actually loved it, though perhaps it's just because I haven't read the manga myself yet.
The anime has some very noticeable bad points, which are: the earth shown as a ball, the age that the world is said to have, an image showing humans as cavemen (though Adam, said to have been the first human, makes up for it), the blasphemous way how the text of Genesis is twisted (though it's much better than how many people who claim to be Christians deny the Garden of Eden's history by calling it an allegory), the way how the character voiced by Hayami Show speaks basically nothing and has his lines stolen by his birds, which is a big waste, and also the fact that the Valkyries kind of ruin the purpose of the whole battle between humans and gods; I mean, I thought the purpose of the battle was to see how humans would be able to fight against the gods, but if the humans are having to kind of fuse themselves with the Valkyries then they are not really totally human anymore. It wouldn't feel like a problem if the humans were just using some heavenly/blessed/mystical weapons, but the problem is that they are fighting together with the Valkyries. I'm still hoping to see one of the human fighters refusing their help.

But the good points of the series are enough to make the bad ones seem just like details in comparison.
The character designs are really great; the author did a great job making the historical figures look as cool as possible, instead of ruining most of them because of fan-service (changing their sex, for example) or simply because of bad taste. I haven't read or heard him speak, so I don't know if I'll like the character as a whole, but Jack the Ripper really looks like the ideal of what I think when I read the name "Jack the Ripper", for example, instead of being a little girl.
I still prefer Fate's Sasaki Kojirou, though, because of his better looks and manner of speaking. But Shuumatsu's Sasaki Kojirou at least has a better backstory, which is what made the third fight specially interesting.
The designs of Thor, Poseidon, and Odin are perfect, and most of the others look great too, but the only one whose design I didn't like was Zeus, who is a terrible character because of his creepy personality too, and I think the author could have made him look more interesting.

As for the three fights, I believe that the first one is the best, the third the second best, and the second fight the worst. People are complaining against the animation, but it was very satisfying to see Thor swinging his hammer. I don't really like how each of their moves was explained, with Brunhilde's narration, just before it was used in battle, but I guess it had to be done like that considering the kind of story this is. I didn't like Sasaki Kojirou's cowardice, and how the way he "defeated" his opponents in his thoughts could be interpreted as just a delusional self-satisfaction, but at least he won against Poseidon, cutting him in a very satisfying way, and I can't deny how much I was rooting for him.
The only fight that I didn't like was Adam vs Zeus. It's hard to like a fight between two naked men, Zeus was really creepy all the time, Adam's ability to copy movies was very boring, and I didn't like how it was just brought up in the end that Adam could overheat his eyes by using too much his ability, and then suddenly die after seeming to be invincible the whole fight.

Nuba said:
Its a low budget show but damn, that "Arigato" made me drop a tear, I went into this show blind, halfway through this fight up until the very end I could swear poseidon was going to win and that it would probably end up in a 7-0 for the gods

Yeah, it was really well written in a way to make the viewer fear that the whole battle could really end in a 7-0 for the gods.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jul 1, 2021 10:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finished binge-watching this today. What a ride. While indeed the slide show and static part really disturbing. But overall they put a good effort maintaining the battle cry. Well, it can even make me cry for some reasons. But, its not because its so good. Its because Golli was so goddamn annoying, and my type of waifu, Reginleif, died without even getting a proper time of appearance. Shit much, even those boing-boing can't help myself to be so mad.

But, anyway, this is just okay....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 4, 2021 12:05 AM

Dec 2008
So many liberties taken.... I used to be big into mythology and history, and they were so intrinsically connected. But this show...its too Japanese for its own good...and ITS NETFLIX MADE! lol ITs going like I knew it would...just nonstop exposition that takes up too much time. ANd all because theres gonna be a 2nd or maybe even 3rd season eventually. Shameless... 5/10
Jul 6, 2021 11:37 PM

Oct 2008
first win of Humans! Sasaki Kojiro the GOD SLAYER!!! BWAHAHA! epic
5/5!!!!!!!
oh god! next-up is Jack the Ripper vs Hercules! HAHAHA!
matias067Jul 6, 2021 11:51 PM

Jul 11, 2021 7:07 AM

Feb 2021
Huh so Sasaki won? Big surprise. It was bound to happen since they were hyping Poseidon way too much. Well I'm glad that prick is dead. Next up Hercules Vs. Jack the Ripper. This ought to be interesting I guess. Also why is Brunhilde helping the humans in the first place?

Well this adaptation was pretty bad for me. I do hope they somewhat improve it in the next season. Maybe I really should start the manga.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jul 13, 2021 7:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao Sasaki really slashed Poseidon and win, that was impressive but I still think that Adam was better and was the one who deserved to win, anyway now it's Heracles vs Jack the ripper but for that we'll have to wait until they produce S2, the overall production wasn't really good and the pacing was way too slow but it was still enjoyable overall, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next season
Jul 19, 2021 11:03 PM
Feb 2021
Tbh Poseidon was introduced as so strong and fear full and he was called zeus of the seas but all he did was spam his trident . he didn't even use the water surrounding the arena . honestly Poseidon's match placement was when gods were 2 -0 so humans needed the win if he had a match later or earlier we could have seen a much stronger version of him against some other opponent .
Jul 20, 2021 8:11 PM

Aug 2017
Fawn_Thorus said:
anime-prime said:

Completely agree w you about Poseidon vs Sasaki. As soon as they kept showing how heartless Poseidon was and kept pushing Sasaki’s backstory it was clear how it’d go. It was not as bad as the Thor vs LuBu fight though.
They did so well w the Adam vs Zeus, only problem was I doubted they’d kill off Zeus this early but otherwise I’d be perfectly satisfied if the remaining showdowns are at this level.

Why why why though was a Greek god introduced w classical music by Germans lol. An orchestra of trumpets and harps would’ve been more appropriate? Is that just how it was in the manga?

Animation-wise it’s so inconsistent, when it’s poor it really took me out of the viewing experience. And they need to hire a battle choreographer or something, all the fights themselves are quite lame. Stabs and simple slashes or punches, really sad for a show this genre. I heard God of HS has great fights but really poor story, bring em here. I hope they’ll change studios, this show has so much potential.
Are u mad? Thor vs LuBu was the best fight on the show.
Jul 25, 2021 5:30 PM
Mar 2018
GPU said:
Fawn_Thorus said:

Are u mad? Thor vs LuBu was the best fight on the show.

Can’t agree with you there mate, that whole battle was basically alternating single move attacks interjected with long ass backstories at every turn. And because there’s hardly a fight it just felt like a battle between the commentators description of who’s supposedly more awesome.
“That’s his special attack that he always saves for the end!” Opponent survives, “No actually this is the ultimate attack that has never failed him!” Opponent survives, “No no he still has a super attack he saves for the gods!”
Sorry, definitely not my favorite.
Aug 3, 2021 4:34 AM
Oct 2019
Yes Yes Yes!!!
Sasaki Kojirou Won!

Poseidon finally get the taste of Human Strength.

Best Fight i go with Adam vs Zeus, but backstory wise i will pick Sasaki Kojirou.

Overall it's okay Season 1, we all know what it lacked is.
Hopefully Warner Bros Japan will listen to the fans and make an improvement for Season 2.
They really show us the Cliffhanger, but idk is they will actually going to continue it.
You know Anime just to Promote Manga.

Despite the Animation, it wasn't too bad like everyone been talking about.
What I really enjoyed the most is the characters and the story itself.

6/10, it was a fun ride.
I will definitely go and collect the Manga.
Aug 10, 2021 11:14 AM

Jan 2018
I don't get why some people are comparing this shit with Gokushufudo or Way of the Househusband and vice versa. They're completely different.
I get Netflix was behind both of them but the thing with Gokushufudo is that the animation style was meant to be that way. But Record of Ragnarok wasn't. It really broke its promise. I'm not putting the blame on animators here since I'm sure they did everything they could with what they had. Still this is a tragedy.
This isn't really a show you'd watch for its great story or anything but they really did the one thing it should've been dirty. It's obvious this anime needed more time to develop and maybe higher budget with more staff. Instead Netflix rushed it. It doesn't really help their image of "Netflix adaptation". Definitely a bottom-tier adaptation.
Aug 15, 2021 8:40 AM

Feb 2020
it should be illegal to end an anime season right before the next fight starts.

Personally I didn't mind animation for the most part, and the soundtrack created a nice atmosphere. I'm not well-versed in mythology and other religion (besides Christianity), but even I know the writer took some creative liberty in some of the 'historical' accounts. did kinda like their interpretation on some of it, like making the temptation of the forbidden apple into a court case... took me by surprise. Anyways, would've been nicer if there were more fights compared to more talking; don't think it's much different in the manga.

An average rating for an average anime
BoazanianAug 15, 2021 8:46 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 8 Discussion

anime-prime - Jun 17, 2021

40 by HarshaAnimeFan15 »»
Jul 16, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 7 Discussion

31 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 6 Discussion

39 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 5 Discussion

33 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu no Walküre Episode 3 Discussion

32 by u_repository666 »»
Apr 13, 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.