Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 11, 2021 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
akihikosama said:
Maybe permanent damage to the mouth would be more ideal. xD

He got healing powers to prevent that.
I bet he can cast spell silently for exactly that occasion.
And have telepathy atop of that.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 11, 2021 2:42 PM
Mar 2021
puschie said:
Wtf was the bullshit at the beginning… they pretty ruined the whole anime with this episode - even if the CGI was terrible, they changed so many details of the story that it doesn’t make any sense…
they should‘ve end the season with episode 20 and skip the war scenes if they can’t animate it… would be totally fine to animate just a few duels and use static images with a camera movement / zoom.
no don't skip the war. There are truths behind that.

Jun 11, 2021 2:44 PM

Nov 2007
At this point the animation is past saving. Idk how many years it has been since i saw something that bad. They will probably fix it for the blue rays but still such a disapointment
Jun 11, 2021 2:46 PM
May 2015
I thought it was a disastrous episode from the comments here and I found a really good episode aside from the human scenes at the end, people are really exaggerating a lot huh?

So Ariel was really Kumoko! at least part Kumoko I see XD
Jun 11, 2021 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
Shun's thoughts on Hugo: "Are you really too far gone?"
Stop asking questions when you abandoned him and avoided interacting with him because you didn't want to deal with him.
When someone is alone and needs help, pushing them away is the same as pushing them down the dark path.
You are guilty.

SouKaiyou said:
SouKaiyou said:
.. A lot of mystery in this series that I doubt we’ll get explained in two eps, so after two seasons of promo, I have decided to read the books. ..
.. On that note, I know a lot of source readers wish the anime would've done things differently (both quality and story), ..
The only thing I wish they did differently is to not cause confusion. It caused a lot of people to drop it by episode 4.
Jun 11, 2021 3:24 PM

Oct 2019
I strongly doubt Kumoko was killed by Ariel. I think, based on how it was shown, that she was teleported away, perhaps by Admin D. Perhaps because Admin Two Horns intervened to help Ariel (by both spilling the beans on Kumoko and providing Ariel with a teleporting Uber to fight her) D felt that it was OK to help Kumoko in return.

I think the most interesting bit of the episode was the disclosure of the ongoing merging of Kumoko's Body-chan with Ariel's soul or mind. That would explain how on Earth present day Ariel knew that the new Hero Schlain used to be Shunsuke Yamada in his previous life despite not being a reincarnation but an "ancient being", and even seemed to care about what might happen to him. That part confused me quite a bit a few episodes back. That would suggest that present day Ariel did not manage to get rid of Body-chan and thus technically is Kumoko, in part anyway.

Yet Kumoko's Body has probably not taken over fully, hence her present day rivalry with White-Pink Lady Kumoko (this one must be Kumoko, in full, right? I mean her design is almost identical to how spider Kumoko imagines herself to be, and we know she is a Taratect as well) according to Admin Two Horns.

As for the CGI battle sequences they are still atrocious; it's very clear that Millepensee (or whichever studio they subcontracted the CGI sequences to) do not know how to do CGI and yet keep on doing it. The CGI of Kumoko is equally crappy with the CGI of the last two seasons of Berserk (that was all CGI, not just the battle sequences), minus the revolting constant shading lines on faces(...), which was also done by Millepensee. The problem is less with the renderings themselves, which are not horrible, but with their animation (i.e. the movement of the frames), which is both unnatural and has very few frames per second (up to 5 or so I think).
Jun 11, 2021 3:31 PM

Mar 2010
When our girl Kumoku is on da screen I never notice the 3dcgi... but when those humans take over.. its as if I can't unsee the cgi..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 11, 2021 4:18 PM
Apr 2014
those 10 fps panning cgi shots though
Jun 11, 2021 4:57 PM

Jul 2008
For goodness sake which studio was in charge of the part b (and all episode 21) of this episode?!
My eyes are bleeding since then!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Arifureta was incharge of a better studio.
My candies:
Jun 11, 2021 5:07 PM

Jun 2019
Somehow, I keep underestimating how bad the animation is before an episode. I always think “it wasn’t as bad as thought it was when I completed the episode,” only to watch the next episode and think “yep, it was as bad as I thought it was.”

I honestly have no idea why I continue to look forward to this anime given the attrocious animation and lackluster narrative. I guess it is because Kumoko is entertaining, the world is somewhat interesting, and watching Kumoko level up is satisfying. Really a shame this adaptation sucks.
Jun 11, 2021 5:42 PM

Nov 2016
WHY only Ariel is full CGI meanwhile the normal human next to her is 2d wtfff my eyes hurts she was normal before now the animation is getting weirder T_T
Jun 11, 2021 7:06 PM
Jun 2009
Recently binged this series. Aoi Yuuki is just killing it, amazing performance. Kumoko is so fun.

Feels like this is going to end on a huge cliffhanger. And yeah, animation was pretty rough this episode.
RiichiroJun 11, 2021 9:59 PM
Jun 11, 2021 7:47 PM

May 2010
Sometimes the quality takes a dip before the finale because they spend more time and resources on the last couple episodes. However, "dip" doesn't seem like the right word to describe what happened to the animation here, more like "fell off a cliff". I usually tolerate bad animation, after all it's not the studio's fault if they don't have enough budget, but this was just god awful. Like, not only were they obviously unable to animate properly, it's like they purposefully designed scenes to show off how bad their animation was!
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 11, 2021 9:21 PM

Jan 2013
The only part of this episode that was worth it to watch was definitely the Kumoko part, even tho that Shun looked like a small and fatter version of himself lol
The 2nd half was one of the worst CGI I've seen in a while.

2 episodes left and now Kumoko "died", i do hope those 2 next episodes will be a blast.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 11, 2021 9:57 PM

Mar 2020
HOLY SHIT... this episode is 10/5, so beautifully and perfect with God-Tier Animation/CGI. Incredible.
Jun 11, 2021 10:15 PM

Jan 2011
something about kumoko was like 10 times more annoying that usual was like bruh shut up for once second lol

this show is 100% ending on a huge cliffhanger and it's gonna be the typical fuck you go read the books
Jun 11, 2021 10:26 PM
Feb 2021
I was a little disappointed this episode. The dialogue felt like the characters were saying a lot without saying anything at all. The fight scenes were underwhelming. The animation seemed rushed. I still like this show, I just feel that much could have been done better this episode, and I’m a little sad that such a great chance at a war episode felt so wasted.
Jun 11, 2021 10:48 PM
Apr 2017
Yes. As much as I like the story, the entire animation threw me off with that really bad CGI.
Jun 11, 2021 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
oh damn! Ariel and Kumoko finally clashed! so awesome!!!
but man! Ariel is too OP! pls nerf her! lolz
5/5.

Jun 11, 2021 11:29 PM
Sep 2019
I am surprised this anime still at 7 score peak with trash CGI
Jun 11, 2021 11:40 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kumoko the on site reporter huh. Its so amusing seeing her just cheer on both sides though. Ariel being compelled to eat by Kumoko's influence though sure was curious. Still that that did make her motivation for fighting Kumoko that much more interesting. Those poor soldiers though being used as food while being in battle. Seeing Julius as a child though sure was an interesting experience. Even as a child his desire to serve sure was apparent. Hugo's stats are all over the place but the sheer amount of skills he has would make him a tricky opponent. Looking forward to seeing how the fight between Schlain and Hugo plays out. Given his attitude diplomacy was never going to work against him anyway. Overall a balanced ep that showed well the long foreshadowed battle between Ariel and Kumoko and boy that was fun. Looking forward to seeing how Schlain fares against Hugo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2021 3:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Shota joke. Tyvm, Kumoko. I hope its help you out of those misery. But, who the heck throw those giant fireball, i wonder?

Oh wow, by having body soul parallel inside Ariel own soul, its really benefit Kumoko well enough there. Since the demon lord way of thinking has been mixed up by Kumoko's carefree mind, the stalemate has been form, and she decided to not killing Kumoko like her previous high intentions before. Well, what a twist, didn't see that coming before. Thats kind of giving me the idea of why they both in one side at the current Shun's timeline. But, i'm still curious how Kumoko get that humanoid form. Is it because the next other evolution of Kumoko? Then whats their true objective? I still don't quite understand, and hope its concluded well enough before the show end.

That's being said. Even though the 3dcg always horrible to believed, and the fight scene really dissapointing to be seen. They are still at a solid focus having all of the benefit to perfecting art and animation for Kumoko only. Its like those colorful spider is the only shit thing that shine around those full ehh 3d animations. Then me, like those one of the poor nameless knights, waving hand behind a transparent cloud, don't know what else to say in response to how heavy-dissapointed the use of 3d on this episode....

Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 12, 2021 6:37 AM
Senpai
Nov 2020
A cliffhanger, again.
Jun 12, 2021 7:00 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! That intro was a thing of beauty lmao. You can really tell which part the studio loves the most. The Kumo side this episode was fantastic and we got to see more Ariel, while the human side looks like ballsacks lmao.

That explains why Ariel seems more laidback in the present time, Body Brain mixed with her soul, that's honestly awesome. That fight with Gakia was great. Bruh, those poor soldiers getting caught up in Ariel and Kumoko's battle, rest in pieces soldiers. Little Julius though, really confronted 2 literal monsters. Then we have budget Julius over there in the present timeline looking wack lmao. I am guessing Hugo to a certain extent is being brainwashed as well. Really looking forward to the next episode, 2 more to go.
Jun 12, 2021 7:06 AM

Oct 2007
plenty of action in Kumoko part, then move to human part where they just talk and talk and talk until the episode end. lol

extra stats from the queen taratect made Kumo a lot tougher. Still at a disadvantage, but she can fight better with the demon lord now.

almost at the final.. but this anime still has not motivated me to buy anything. Well, I guess that's money saved.
Jun 12, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2021
This anime really just coasts on Aoi Yuuki's performance. She is absolutely fantastic and the amount of clever jokes they manage to make with Kumoko is commendable. But animation quality aside, the writing is just so all over the place that it's hard to enjoy anything that doesn't involve her.
Jun 12, 2021 10:15 AM

May 2017
the drop is soon. I cannot wait to see how it all links together. its sure to be jaw dropping and im loving every second of it
Jun 12, 2021 10:17 AM

May 2017
_tatsuya_ said:
Yes. As much as I like the story, the entire animation threw me off with that really bad CGI.
at some point, I just stopped caring about the cgi. the storyline is so interesting that I just said fuck it and my bod dont care bout the cgi in this show anymore ig
Jun 12, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2016
I was happy to watch it then the disaster happened ... skipped most of the episode
Jun 12, 2021 10:49 AM
Jan 2018
LustrousParadox said:
at some point, I just stopped caring about the cgi. the storyline is so interesting that I just said fuck it and my bod dont care bout the cgi in this show anymore ig

If you think it's interesting now, you need to read the light novels. A lot was cut, and we're only at volume 5. This ending, though, is gonna have you screaming for more lmfao. Let me just leave you with this extremely spoilery picture of the volume 6 cover.
Jun 12, 2021 10:58 AM
Jun 2021
linkhuesitos said:
Gonna love how the anime didn't even bothered to show Sophia's companions without their hoods.

They're not named in the story before LN12 lol, who cares who they are ? They're irrelevant in the story for now.
Jun 12, 2021 12:14 PM

Jan 2013
kyled00m said:
Stop asking questions when you abandoned him and avoided interacting with him because you didn't want to deal with him.
When someone is alone and needs help, pushing them away is the same as pushing them down the dark path.
You are guilty.

Actually, it was all due to elf bitch machination as without her involved Shun and Hugo would never meet, or won't meet as rivals.
Jun 12, 2021 2:34 PM
Dec 2017
groudonvert said:
They're not named in the story before LN12 lol, who cares who they are ? They're irrelevant in the story for now.

Wald is literally mentioned by name in Volume 4 - Interlude: God's Hunting Dogs and Volume 5 - S4: Fateful Confrontation.

And while Felmina isn't called by name in volume 1-5 she appears without the hood in Volume 3 - Interlude: The Ruler and the Ninja and in her usual battle armor in Volume 4 - Interlude: God's Hunting Dog and during the whole Elf Village Battle alongside Sophia.
Jun 12, 2021 2:40 PM
Jun 2021
linkhuesitos said:
groudonvert said:

Wald is literally mentioned by name in Volume 4 - Interlude: God's Hunting Dogs and Volume 5 - S4: Fateful Confrontation.

And while Felmina isn't called by name in volume 1-5 she appears without the hood in Volume 3 - Interlude: The Ruler and the Ninja and in her usual battle armor in Volume 4 - Interlude: God's Hunting Dog and during the whole Elf Village Battle alongside Sophia.

They're not that important for now. At least, Wald's role in LN4 is in the anime.
Jun 12, 2021 3:19 PM

Jul 2009
beast_regards said:
kyled00m said:
You are guilty.
Actually, it was all due to elf bitch machination as without her involved Shun and Hugo would never meet, or won't meet as rivals.
Yes and No.
Jun 12, 2021 3:29 PM
Jun 2021
Besides that, it's not because of Oka they went to the Academy.
Jun 12, 2021 3:33 PM

Jan 2013
kyled00m said:
beast_regards said:
Yes and No.

There is no real reason why he (Hugo) should be in the school in some foreign kingdom raised by foreigners (to the Empire) subjected to foreigners (Oka)
Jun 12, 2021 3:57 PM
Dec 2017
groudonvert said:
They're not that important for now. At least, Wald's role in LN4 is in the anime.

That's literally how the novel has acted since the beginning.
The novel loves to introduce elements into the story way before they're actually useful.

Anna, Potimas and King Sirus were introduced in Volume 1 but didn't do anything in the plot until volume 3.
Merazofis, Wrath, Kuro, Ariel, Balto, Agnar and Bloe were introduced in Volume 2 but didn't do anything until way later in the novel.
D, Sophia, Felmina and Wald were introduced in Volume 3 but didn't do anything until later in the novel

Ohts-Sariella war, The Nightmare of the labyrinth, Immortality, Katia and Sue's "Brainwash" and a lot of other things were introduced in Volume 2.
Jun 12, 2021 4:08 PM
Jun 2021
linkhuesitos said:
groudonvert said:

That's literally how the novel has acted since the beginning.
The novel loves to introduce elements into the story way before they're actually useful.

Anna, Potimas and King Sirus were introduced in Volume 1 but didn't do anything in the plot until volume 3.
Merazofis, Wrath, Kuro, Ariel, Balto, Agnar and Bloe were introduced in Volume 2 but didn't do anything until way later in the novel.
D, Sophia, Felmina and Wald were introduced in Volume 3 but didn't do anything until later in the novel

Ohts-Sariella war, The Nightmare of the labyrinth, Immortality, Katia and Sue's "Brainwash" and a lot of other things were introduced in Volume 2.

I agree, but I don't mind they just show them as cameo.

beast_regards said:
kyled00m said:
Yes and No.

There is no real reason why he (Hugo) should be in the school in some foreign kingdom raised by foreigners (to the Empire) subjected to foreigners (Oka)

And why not ? It's an academy for elite people, Alleus sent her own student (Yuri who was a possible future Saint), Katia and Shun are both noble. As the first son of the Emperor, Hugo had the right to come there.

And about Oka, her father was the ambassador of the elves in Analeit Kingdom.
Jun 12, 2021 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
beast_regards said:
Politics 101
In countless stories, its not uncommon for children from nobility and royalty to enter schools and learn about each other.
You can build bonds or start feuds. Even if you do neither, you can still learn the personalities of others and act based on it.

There's also dance parties, tea parties, and so much more that nobles and royals host.
Jun 12, 2021 4:10 PM
Jun 2021
kyled00m said:
beast_regards said:
Politics 101
In countless stories, its not uncommon for children from nobility and royalty to enter schools and learn about each other.
You can build bonds or start feuds. Even if you do neither, you can still learn the personalities of others and act based on it.

There's also dance parties, tea parties, and so much more that nobles and royals host.

And it could be a good place for arranged marriages.
Jun 12, 2021 6:22 PM
Feb 2012
The quality is gettting worse every single episode, feelsbadman.
Jun 12, 2021 7:08 PM

Nov 2009
LOL,

So the Divine Beast Ariel got corrupted by Kumoko.

Ariel was fairly chill as she was a Divine Beast, but after getting her thought process merged with Kumo... RIP, Ariel now has a taste for destruction and eating others... (Ariel is pure evil now I guess, even tho she was already partly evil with Demon Lord title from way back then)

Also, looks like they hinted on the Hero title have attributes to fight against those with Demon Lord titles. So do Kumo actually wants Hugo to die? or is this an unexpected accident? hmm...
(tho... it doesn't explain how Julian with Hero title gets easily killed by WhiteHairGirl (unless somehow she doesn't have a Demon Lord title... even tho she has Abyss magic) (since looking at Kid-Julian, not even Ariel attempts to use Abyss magic on him as it looks like he could resist it or something, but it doesn't as Adult-Julian got killed by it)

Not to mention, apparently Hugo is missing his memories? did Kumo or Ariel ate his mind too and give him that Demon Lord title? (cause it feels like it)

And it also makes me think... was Hugo this way since the beginning, or was he already somehow corrupted and memory stolen by Kumo/Ariel to become this cray-cray...

___ ___ ___

Either way, I am still more interested in Spider side adventure, cringy at times, but more fun to watch than the Human adventure that's pretty much just pure drama at this point.

Other thing, Elf Sensei mentioned the Gods (Admins) summoned them so they can kill the reincarnate and gain power... I wonder if that's true and does Kumo know about it... pretty much everyone is being used by the Admins or D in this case as a huge long term reality show entertainment until the world ends.
amlgJun 12, 2021 7:17 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 13, 2021 3:09 AM
Jun 2021
amlg said:
LOL,

Ariel was fairly chill as she was a Divine Beast, but after getting her thought process merged with Kumo... RIP, Ariel now has a taste for destruction and eating others... (Ariel is pure evil now I guess, even tho she was already partly evil with Demon Lord title from way back then)

Also, looks like they hinted on the Hero title have attributes to fight against those with Demon Lord titles. So do Kumo actually wants Hugo to die? or is this an unexpected accident? hmm...
(tho... it doesn't explain how Julian with Hero title gets easily killed by WhiteHairGirl (unless somehow she doesn't have a Demon Lord title... even tho she has Abyss magic) (since looking at Kid-Julian, not even Ariel attempts to use Abyss magic on him as it looks like he could resist it or something, but it doesn't as Adult-Julian got killed by it)

Not to mention, apparently Hugo is missing his memories? did Kumo or Ariel ate his mind too and give him that Demon Lord title? (cause it feels like it)

And it also makes me think... was Hugo this way since the beginning, or was he already somehow corrupted and memory stolen by Kumo/Ariel to become this cray-cray...

___ ___ ___

Either way, I am still more interested in Spider side adventure, cringy at times, but more fun to watch than the Human adventure that's pretty much just pure drama at this point.

Other thing, Elf Sensei mentioned the Gods (Admins) summoned them so they can kill the reincarnate and gain power... I wonder if that's true and does Kumo know about it... pretty much everyone is being used by the Admins or D in this case as a huge long term reality show entertainment until the world ends.

Just a quick reminder, Hero and Demon Lord are both skills and title. You can have the skill without being a Demon Lord or a Hero (Kumoko has the Demon Lord skill), but the title is unique. There can be only one Hero and one Demon Lord at a time. And only the Hero Title gives the power to kill the Demon Lord (actually, the Demon Lord title gives also the power to kill the Hero).
Jun 13, 2021 4:24 AM
Mar 2021
groudonvert said:
amlg said:
LOL,

___ ___ ___

Just a quick reminder, Hero and Demon Lord are both skills and title. You can have the skill without being a Demon Lord or a Hero (Kumoko has the Demon Lord skill), but the title is unique. There can be only one Hero and one Demon Lord at a time. And only the Hero Title gives the power to kill the Demon Lord (actually, the Demon Lord title gives also the power to kill the Hero).
if Demon Lord Title can kill Hero too, Why Ariel can't kill Julius yet?

I guess Hero Title > Demon Lord Title. But maybe there is someone stronger than Demon Lord who can kill Hero. I wonder who is Julius killer?

Who knows XD
Jun 13, 2021 4:51 AM
Jun 2021
Shimura27 said:
groudonvert said:

I guess Hero Title > Demon Lord Title. But maybe there is someone stronger than Demon Lord who can kill Hero. I wonder who is Julius killer?

Who knows XD

Actually Demon Lord and Hero title gives the stats you would need to kill the other. If one of them has a huge difference of stats with the other, the title will give him more stats to compensate. Would it be enough to kill Ariel even with the Hero title ? Probably not, Ariel is OP and knows how to use all her skills and stats.

Ariel could kill Julius, but I don't think she wanted to risk her life.
Jun 13, 2021 6:13 AM
Feb 2018
that naruto references are so funny hahaha

sannin (snake, slug, and frog)
Jun 13, 2021 7:37 AM
Sep 2019
By the first 20 seconds of this episode I legit wanted to quit on the series that was how awful the CGI was.
Jun 13, 2021 7:51 AM
Jan 2018
Shimura27 said:

You can have the skill without being a Demon Lord or a Hero (Kumoko has the Demon Lord skill), but the title is unique. There can be only one Hero and one Demon Lord at a time. And only the Hero Title gives the power to kill the Demon Lord (actually, the Demon Lord title gives also the power to kill the Hero).

I guess Hero Title > Demon Lord Title. But maybe there is someone stronger than Demon Lord who can kill Hero. I wonder who is Julius killer?[/quote]

kumo doesn't just have the demon lord skill, she has hero too :P
Julius died from a Rot attack, not abyss magic.
Redacted

Ariel could obliterate the hero
Jun 13, 2021 7:51 AM
Jan 2020
beast_regards said:
kyled00m said:
You are guilty.

Yep. Whatever the cruel motivation was behind the administrator giving Oka-sensei that class roster skill, Oka is a fool to keep using it. A mechanism that lets you see a future outcome without revealing or isolating the causalities behind it iis hopelessly flawed. The more it's used, the more it controls one into taking increasing drastic actions trying to fight a future outcome that is likely caused by the actions to change it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

370 by Youtube_Zero »»
May 9, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.