Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2021 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The reality of injuries in this show is real. Athletes have to be careful whenever they are but it's a good thing teammates are so supportive of each other.

And also, passing the mid-terms is a great thing as a representation of their growth.
May 27, 2021 11:43 AM

Jun 2019
With the tournament approaching near, the boys are training quite hard. They're going to introduce a change in the choreography and just when everything was going right, Onagawa got a leg injury. He's lucky that he didn't get injured more seriously. It could've been bad. Love to see boys supporting him in this time of need. Until...

It was a fun episode. Onagawa just needs to be a little bit motivated. That's all.

May 27, 2021 11:53 AM
Sep 2015
I totally get this episode. Sometimes you need a time to break even if it's just unreasonable. I love when Misato guess it's because he come to the dorm and force Onagawa to live with roommate, because I also want to live alone even if I want to live with hot men LOL. I'm glad it resolved nicely.

But, now another problem arise, why Misato is quiet about new choreograph? I think we can guess that it's the choreograph that Misato make a mistake and become his PTSD.
May 27, 2021 12:05 PM

Apr 2018
Onagawa faked twisting his ankle LMFAO and was caught in 4k..
Man I had to laugh so hard, the dancing was pretty amazing too.
Watari's reactions are always so fucking funny, over the top but good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 27, 2021 12:53 PM

Sep 2019
The scene where Onagawa got caught while he was dancing was hilarious. He got better thanks to the idol power, never underestimate a real fan's healing ability.
May 27, 2021 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
I knew Misato and Futaba would end up in the same room. Futaba was so cute when he got woken up.

They showed their practice from the outside instead of cutting it out or cropping off some parts. Somehow, that made me feel like a passer-by who caught sight of them practicing. I liked that they did that because it really felt like I saw some people practicing for something important.

I worried about Onagawa for a while, but when he kept saying 'itai', it felt like he sounded unnatural. And, well, he was faking it, and was caught in the worst way possible!

When Onagawa bowed down, he was almost folded in half, which was a nice detail since these are really flexible people.

WATARI IS FOCKIN' STROOONG!!!!! He carried a guy much bigger than himself!

Misato organised everything in Onagawa's room. lol And, Futaba got Watari back. Awww!!

Misato was also inspired by the coach, which is why he came here. That was so sweet. And, he even blushed when he was opening up. Even our perfect ace has a moe side, I guess.

Just when it looked like everything was going well, Misato's trauma got triggered. I guess he has lost faith in himself for injuring somebody, which is why he doesn't see himself as an "ace". Now that he has to perform the same move again, he must be quite worried about his weakness being displayed in front of a whole new crowd to be judged.
May 27, 2021 2:06 PM
Mar 2021
Such a good episode, although i wanted misato and futaba to say in the same room ( ugh :()

But also when misato blushed that was so cute ( SHIPPING INTENSIFIES)
May 27, 2021 3:31 PM

Jan 2020
I have to admit that Onagawa got me. I really thought he hurt himself.

I loved Misato's flashback and his memory of their coach, that was really nice and fits the theme of the story.

While Onagawa's self confidence and motivation are back, it's now the mental strength and resilience of Misato that are going to be put to the test.

The animation has been consistent and I think this show excels with backgrounds and scenery.

I'm kind of sad we're inching closer to the end.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 27, 2021 6:48 PM

Jul 2017
The regional tournaments are coming, and only concentration can bring them so far.

Onagawa being "Truck-kun"-ed by a moped was the trigger of the problems, but Coach Shusaku kinda saw though that blatant lie of his by requiring that ALL of him be recovered fully to get the team back on track, a menacing smile. It's so funny that Misato and Futaba HAD to see the acting lie, and with a Kabedon and a close 180 bow, a promise was made.

Futaba and Misato being Ninja Ace and Spy Leaf to keep Onagawa in check, and I'd swear the seniors always have a great story behind how the rhythmic gymnastics team was borne out from a lavish idea. Even Misato which he birthed the idea of "soaring" by watching young Coach Shusaku do the backflip (and then blushing thereafter), it's a genuine interaction of the former and the new Ace of the team. Always look out for the bird.

Color everyone surprised, and Watari is the first to spice up tbe comedic factor. With a new resolution, the preparations for the regionals are back on track...but with Misato's worries...what is he worried for?
May 27, 2021 7:27 PM

Dec 2020
onagawa focus this episode, another point for anyone else being more suitable on being the mc. they really should do something with futaba, for now his character is "im new but ill work hard, im also pretty talented but my friends is more talented so that doesn't matter, i also love my senpai's a lot hope i can bring them the win they want :)" i mean its not ..Bad but anyone else can just takeover the mc role if hes gonna stay like that forever. moving on to onagawara, woah what the hell i wrote a lot lmao

since last episode, we've seen shots of onagawara where he's just really still and somewhat uneasy. my guess was that he was thinking of the mistake that he made in the performance. and that was right! he tried to play it out as if it wasn't bothering him so he doesn't make the others worry but of course it did, and it resulted in him getting careless to where he injured himself and that made the others worry more than ever. but thats fake lmao, misato and futaba going along with it was pretty stupid, and they Could have made this more complicated but im glad they didnt.

seeing more to onagawa's character was pretty nice, he's felt inferior ever since, tried to distract it by stanning idol groups, but its still there, as the others work hard he sees himself as someone who's just going along with them, not being any use. so he decides to be useful, but misato took the role he wanted. thats why whenever misato does anything he calls him "___ ace" as a joke, but theres some sprinkled feelings in there too
May 27, 2021 11:59 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The power of idol is the best medicine for Onagawa senpai? Not gonna lie, its expected. But his conversation with the Ninja Ace kinda surprising, even though its already predicted into those route. Well, he was overthinking the situations previously and forget how to soar like the others. By simply using his idol figure, everything just be went back to normal again on his perspective. So, good job worked that things out, boys.

Its looks like the characterization episode isn't over yet. Finally, i may get to see that Ninja Ace backstory. Though, idk much about whats the deal with that new choreography. He looks terrified there, i dunno. So, yeah, lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 28, 2021 3:35 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Onagawa has been having some motivational problems since the qualifier tournament, they've been subtly building it up. Didn't expect his problem to be to feeling inferior to Misato though, but now he found his drive with Misato's help and the power of idols. We also got a glimpse of Misato's backstory. Man, Coach Shuusaku so good that he inspiring all these kids.

I don't know if Misato knows but, he pretty much already inspired someone to soar, and that is our cinnamon roll Shoutaro. Looks like that new move has some history with Misato, really looking forward to the next episode.
May 28, 2021 8:14 AM

Jul 2020
So it was all a lie. HAHAHA

idk why but I really enjoy this anime...
May 28, 2021 10:41 AM

Mar 2017
I can't believe Onagawa faked an injury... but I get why he did it; he made that silly mistake in the competition and felt like he was losing his role in the team. I'm glad he and Misato talked it out and it was awesome to have an ep that focused on those two since they've not been in the spotlight much so far.

Looks like Misato will be facing his demons next week; if I remember right, in Middle School he messed up the lift and his friend was badly injured. Can't wait to see how the team comes together to help him get over that fear of trying again.
May 28, 2021 7:33 PM

Jul 2016
Another nicely executed episode. Onagawa was feeling rather unsure of his skills but fortunately, Misato (in his own way) managed to make him re-discover his importance in the team as well as the kind of "ace" he really wants to be. In this aspect, Misato's flashback; his memory of how he got inspired by coach Shida when he was little and the comparison between Onagawa and his favorite Idol were also fantastic additions.
May 29, 2021 10:14 AM

Jun 2020
Onagawa‘s insecurities got the better of him. I liked how relatable that was & how he looked at Ma-chan as an inspiration, she may not be the best in terms of her popularity, but she is passionate still & never gives up. Coach saw thru all of that early on, both he & Misapon knew that he needed time to resolve things within himself. I liked how in this episode we got to find out more about both Onagawa & Misato as well thru their heartfelt heart-to-heart — Onagawa & his insecurities & Misato & his motivations. He doesn’t want to be the perfect ace & doesn’t care about that.

I loved the scene the next morning when Onagawa, Misato & Futaba went to jog & Futaba kept asking Onagawa about his fake injury with the bird flying past. Subtleties in the scene, it didn’t need to be explicitly stated thru the dialogue, he had already decided to move on, to soar & move forward, putting his insecurities behind. This is why I love Bakuten!!

Also Watari is such an endearing dork!!!!!!♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 29, 2021 7:39 PM

Apr 2008
Misato stalking Onagawa the entire time made me crack up. I am beginning to like this series more and more each episode.
SevenMay 29, 2021 7:49 PM
May 30, 2021 10:37 AM

Nov 2013
man so that's why misato-kun went to ao high i honestly didn't expect it even though it's not something majorly surprising but also i know how odogawa feels and im glad he got to resolve his struggles
Jun 4, 2021 4:18 AM

Nov 2013
"Ma-chan isn't the ace but she still tries hard" , literally what blonde senpai feels now lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 17, 2021 4:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A bit of drama with Onagawa but good thing it got resolved quickly, it seems like it's Misato's turn now though.
Jul 30, 2021 1:18 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Perhaps I'm not too fond of someone wasting everyone else's time with their insecurities, yet at the very same time I find this to be my favorite episode of the show so far.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 30, 2022 10:40 PM

May 2020
I'm surprised the other third years (with the exception of Watari) didn't beat Onagawa up for wasting everyone's time but this show's too wholesome for that. Misato got a bit of development in this episode which was nice.

Also, Ma-chan is clearly the best girl of the Tan Tan Girls.
May 18, 2022 3:19 AM

Dec 2013
Well, I kind of understand how Onagawa felt. Sometimes we need a break too if we need to think about something. But I kind of disagree with him feigning his injury. I think the coach knows what happened. Good thing he recovered tho

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 11, 2022 12:51 PM
Apr 2021
Character centric around my fave so naturally I adored it!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2021

34 by Sully_0 »»
Apr 27, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

29 by HAWARINA09 »»
Jun 8, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

38 by Akiraroyt »»
Apr 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

56 by Akiraroyt »»
Apr 6, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

90 by sassichan »»
Jan 29, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.