Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 30, 2021 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kumoko just gets tougher and tougher. There really is no limits to her abilities, or at least she still has ways to grow even stronger. She's a one of a kind monster now! On the other hand, knowing more about the world from an administrator is also important for her.

On the human side, we got some fan service with swimsuits lol

Stark700Apr 30, 2021 6:39 AM
Apr 30, 2021 6:59 AM

Feb 2019
The story is picking up more and more each week. The human side in particular has really become the most interesting for me. I’m really curious to find out more about what happened to the rest of the class. Sensei knows more than she’s letting on. The plot to overthrow schlain’s father and the civil war in the empire, who’s pulling the strings and why.

I think the anime does a good job of feeding you crumbs, but still keeping you wanting more. With them now entering the Elroe labyrinth, a confrontation with the spider portion of the story looks inevitable.

On Kumoko’s end, we finally got her meeting Arial. Not off to a great start so far, can’t wait to see how this goes next week.
Apr 30, 2021 7:01 AM

Apr 2018
Damm she's immortal and a champion. What a cute spider xD
We finally got to meet D again

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 30, 2021 7:09 AM
Oct 2016
Book ends of Kumoko with Shun in between. A big info dump at the beginning of the episode with Kumoko talking to Administrator D again. Telling her how they got reincarnated to this world, about the system how D had something to do with why their classroom was where the explosion happened. Smart way to make it not just some random accident like lots of isekai do but make it a targeted attack that Kumoko, Shun, and everyone got the cross fire. Awesome that now Kumoko has her immortality skill, evolving into this new rare type of monster. That's probably what saved her at the end of the episode where Ariel came in and dices Kumoko up. Interesting way to have their first meeting go down like that.

Shun and crew basically just trying to flee the country. Going into that labyrinth that's assuredly be difficult to find your way out since they need this guide. Fei getting her new/old human form looked cute. Its nice she's back to her old self before the reincarnation now. Funny they ran into that water dragon and it was a real problem for them to take out but Kumoko just breezed through crossing another type of dragon off the list.
Apr 30, 2021 7:10 AM
Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
With them now entering the Elroe labyrinth, a confrontation with the spider portion of the story looks inevitable.

You realize that there's a time gap between the spider and human portions of the story right?
D even mentioned that the others are still babies.
Apr 30, 2021 7:10 AM

May 2020
Well, we finally get some more information about what happened but still a lot to discover.

That finale, it seems that the next week will have a good fight...
Apr 30, 2021 7:11 AM

Jun 2019
Kumoko has been evolved again. As usual, she's getting stronger with each day. Not to mention, she has gotten a new ability, Immortality which suggests that she will not die?
She also found out that the administrator is someone from her own class in her previous life which will be pretty interesting to see if it ever gets revealed.

As for the humans, they are trying to get into the labyrinth through the sea route which means swimsuits. LOL But, the water dragons made it quite difficult for them to cross. We also saw Fei's human form which is pretty cute. Also, Kumoko's chilling at the beach as well.
Apr 30, 2021 7:14 AM
Mar 2021
Man Ariel looks bad in 3d. Though I said the same thing about big dragon and that fight turned out good. Still she’s humanoid and Jesus Christ just don’t let her look like that next episode. Also does sensei know who the administrator is? Ig it would be easy enough with process of elimination
Apr 30, 2021 7:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Exhaustion nullification sounds pretty useful but Immortality is by far the most eye catching. Nice to hear D again after so long. She has one hell of a dark humour though. So D until the explosion was just an outsider that only designed the system but wasn't the one that managed it. Curious though at who D was within the class though. Fei's new human form was surprisingly cute. To think that this form resembled her old self that much though. Against Kumoko who faced creatures far scarier that sea dragon was just small fry. But man Ariel came sooner than expected. Overall an excellent ep that combined excellent world expansion via Kumoko's convo with D and Filmo's explanation and Fei's evolution with tension via the sea dragon and Ariel entry. Curious at what will happen next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2021 7:15 AM

Feb 2019
Hooked13G said:
Marinate1016 said:
With them now entering the Elroe labyrinth, a confrontation with the spider portion of the story looks inevitable.

You realize that there's a time gap between the spider and human portions of the story right?
D even mentioned that the others are still babies.

No shit. They’re still going to interact.
Apr 30, 2021 7:21 AM

Feb 2019
Well guys, looks like we're having spider sushi tonight.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Apr 30, 2021 7:26 AM

Feb 2021
Will kumoko be able to defeat her?
Will the demon lord be able to do damage on kumoko?
What's Kumoko's human form gonna be like???
What is mother going to dooo?????
Can't wait for the next episode already!!!

And one question I really want an answer on:
Why is the demon lord made with CGI??

Bfun2468Apr 30, 2021 7:29 AM
Apr 30, 2021 7:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kumoko is immortal now!! That's some great news, and that administrator was someone from her class hmm, didn't expect that.
The human side is still tense but wow Fei has a human form now, she looks pretty good like that, way better than the dragon one xD.
That end though! Maou-sama is here, so that's where Kumoko met her for the first time, at least she can't die so that's fine
Apr 30, 2021 7:35 AM
Mar 2014
Ashhk said:

That end though! Maou-sama is here, so that's where Kumoko met her for the first time, at least she can't die so that's fine
Yes, she can not die within the system but that begs the question, how could she get outside of it~?

Also does sensei know who the administrator is? Ig it would be easy enough with process of elimination
Well, it could be easy but wouldn't that be too easy~?
Apr 30, 2021 7:50 AM

Jan 2021
Well yes, IMMORTALITY at its finest. You can't die, doesn't mean you can't be ripped into pieces.

Additional points if the pieces are spread across the world, sealed, and absolute void of necessity of life like food, water, air.
Apr 30, 2021 8:15 AM
Feb 2018
Still impressed at how thrilling and suspenseful the story is, while the CGI water dragon looked like an alien and the fight animation felt like a diashow. This contrast is truly unique in the anime industry until now, I think...
Apr 30, 2021 8:21 AM
Aug 2019
Bfun2468 said:
Why is the demon lord made with CGI??

Probably because there will be a lot of action between Kumoko and Ariel, and they don't want 2D slideshow fight scenes as seen in ep. 14 to ruin it entirely.
Apr 30, 2021 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
That's ONE HECK of an evolution for Kumoko from Administrator D. Immorality for evolving into a Zana Horowa, and Administrator D FINALLY explaining the power system in the reincarnation world to Kumoko in her most casual, non-threatening and teasing manner.

Fei has finally got a human form, but the attention span should be kept low, as is with Shun and the others against the kingdom chasing their toes everywhere and Sensei withholding vital information to let the story pass.

The journey to the Great Elroe Labyrinth is difficult and treacherous, not to mention a high-risk one. It's like between Kumoko and Shun and Co., they're "so close, yet so far" in coincidentally meeting each other.

Fishing to pass the time for Kumoko...that's the right thing to do. And the threat has come...the Demon Lord Ariel has descended. Hope the last third delivers somewhat.
Apr 30, 2021 8:44 AM
Dec 2020
I have to much hype this anime is amazing 🙏🙏
Apr 30, 2021 8:51 AM

Mar 2020
Kumoko has been granted immortality. That’ll come in handy especially next episode where it looks like she’ll be facing off against Ariel.
Apr 30, 2021 8:53 AM

Jul 2015
Is it me or has the 2d art of Human side improved drastically! like feck.. i couldn't notice a single scene where the art pan in/out bothered me...
also.. looks like we are finally getting the fight featured in the OP...
hype as fk! CHAM-PEEN!
Apr 30, 2021 8:58 AM

Jan 2013
i bet our lil spider friend is thanking her lucky stars that she got that Immortality ability lol
Apr 30, 2021 9:13 AM

Sep 2017
Honestly that CGI on the demon lord looked as good as Kumoko's, and I really prefer a full CGI fight between those two over another2D shitstorm like in episode 14

The 3D in this anime looks better than the 2D, let's just keep Arial in CGI please
Apr 30, 2021 9:27 AM

Jan 2020
Demon Lord CGI looks pretty fucking good, hype
Apr 30, 2021 9:32 AM
Jan 2018
Ashhk said:
Kumoko is immortal now!! That's some great news, and that administrator was someone from her class hmm, didn't expect that.
The human side is still tense but wow Fei has a human form now, she looks pretty good like that, way better than the dragon one xD.

Well, she can. There are exactly 2 ways.
Apr 30, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2014
Fei regains her human form and the show wastes no time getting the girls in bikinis lol.
I'm not comlaining tho, is just that it will always be funny seeing fantasy anime where the story is supposed to be more serious than the average fanservice isekai harem having modern swimwears.
Apr 30, 2021 9:37 AM

Nov 2014
Looking at Ariel's skills now, we finally know why she used spider thread. Now I just want to know why she attacks Kumoko.
Fei getting human form is kinda nice, but I still would prefer to have humans side reduced to bare minimum.

Immortality is cool AF. OP even. I wonder if she is going to regen tho. Being immportal in pieces doesn't sound that useful.
Apr 30, 2021 9:38 AM

Aug 2020
Kumoko was just relaxing but a Demon Lord had to show up. Poor thing never gets a break.
Apr 30, 2021 10:02 AM
Aug 2017
I don't get why people are complayning for Ariel's 3D model, it looks sick. It's almost better than Love Live's 3D models
Apr 30, 2021 10:03 AM
Dec 2019
Panzer92 said:
Looking at Ariel's skills now, we finally know why she used spider thread. Now I just want to know why she attacks Kumoko.
Fei getting human form is kinda nice, but I still would prefer to have humans side reduced to bare minimum.

Immortality is cool AF. OP even. I wonder if she is going to regen tho. Being immportal in pieces doesn't sound that useful.

She's (Ariel/Maou) the original Taratect meaning all the spiders Kumoko killed are all her progeny.
Apr 30, 2021 10:24 AM

Jun 2019
We finally get some more questions answered regarding why the class was reincarnated and confirmation that Kumoko is not the Demon Lord (probably). Kumoko’s parts continue to be the highlight and the action scenes with the humans continues to be pretty shotty. The narrative flow between the two stories was also a bit messy in this episode.
Apr 30, 2021 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
LooselyCarrot said:
Man Ariel looks bad in 3d. Though I said the same thing about big dragon and that fight turned out good. Still she’s humanoid and Jesus Christ just don’t let her look like that next episode. Also does sensei know who the administrator is? Ig it would be easy enough with process of elimination

I was thinking the exact opposite. I thought it really looked good. Especially seeing her walk through that cloud of smoke, that gave me chills.
Apr 30, 2021 10:37 AM

Dec 2013
I was starting to think that her mom was the demon lord's real form, I must say I liked a lot the way the 3D looked this episode, Ariel and the Puppet looked great, it wasn't that cheap looking as usual, shame we wasted so much time with the humans but that ending was pretty hype.
KanameYuukiApr 30, 2021 10:40 AM
Apr 30, 2021 10:55 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Quite the eventful episode this week.

Kumoko got even more OP, becoming "immortal" and being dubbed "Champion".

We also got more knowledge on D, and that she was in fact one of Kumoko's classmates. This came alongside more knowledge on how exactly they ended up in this new world - and confirmation that Kumoko died.

Fei finally managed to secure a human form, meaning we of course got some swimsuit fanservice. Speaking of dragons, Kumoko takes down another dragon this episode - a water dragon.

Then right as the credits roll, we are introduced to Kumoko and the Demon Lord's first interaction. I didn't imagine it would take place at sea, but it's gonna be interesting non-the-less ^^
Apr 30, 2021 11:02 AM

Sep 2019
Yooooo Kumoko finally met the Demon Lord. I'm hyped.
Apr 30, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2019
why is ariel in 3d ?????? 🤦🤦🤦

also the whole episode had as its main focus the generic hero, it seems that the study thinks that that idiot is the protagonist, it is enough this anime is simply a FAIL.
Apr 30, 2021 11:14 AM

Jan 2020
Well, a lot of news in this episode, finally progress is seen accompanied by a good drawing, both as 3d and 2d, this time the last one improved a lot, compared to ep 14 this was enjoyable

The "fan service" was evident, and although I personally don't like that song, I admit that it made sense in the episode, although it's not a big deal like the slime or konosuba fanservice either, I like that.

Here is a topic that will have me in doubt, and they are the 25 (?) Characters and the role that each of them has.

AFAIK of all the chapters, Hugo - Natsume, Yamada - Schain, and they all went to the academy with Katia (that friend of Yamada), Yuri, Fei (the one who does bullying) and Oka - Sensei ... and then they say that there are 4 characters that they will never see again, of which this Hiiro, who has been Kumo-chan, of those there are 3 of which 1 is Administrator D, also in the last chapters Sophia was added, of which Kumo-chan saw her name, but I'm very bad with them lol, so far they go 10 characters is not it?

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Apr 30, 2021 11:43 AM

Dec 2015
I liked the episode, both the Kumoko side and her classmates' story have progressed in the story. Kumoko got new skills and we know that the person who's talking to her is also one of her classmates that died. Her classmates also traveled to find a guide that would help them towards their goals. I thought it was cool that Fei was able to find a skill that made her able to turn human again. Also, I was a bit confused with how Kumoko got to the sea/ocean when she fought that sea dragon and finally met the demon king, Arial. Also, I thought that Kumoko was Arial a couple of episodes ago, but I guess not since she blasted her.
Nunbo_ArburApr 30, 2021 1:02 PM
Apr 30, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Hey, finally confirmation that Kumoko is not the Demon Lord. I mean, it was too on the nose and she wasn't even voiced by Aoi Yuuki to begin with. As I originally thought, her humanoid form is most likely the woman in white... who I think appears next to Mother in the OP? I wonder why the demon lord called Shun by his Japanese last name though.

Eyyyyyyy Hayamin is back! <3. And she's back with some pretty important information. I definitely wouldn't have expected her to be one of Kumoko's classmates and be the reason (not on purpose) they all died. No wonder she felt guilty and reincarnated them with unique skills, poor Kumoko reincarnating as a spider though. Man, there are still so many questions about the lore.

I don't know why when I saw the OP I didn't imagine the girl with wings to be Fei but nice, now we have a dragon waifu. I just hope her shitty personality she had left behind doesn't come back.

Ariel vs Kumoko!!! And she's already dead xD. I see her immortality skill came just in time, I wonder how it works.
Apr 30, 2021 12:15 PM

Feb 2018
The plot thickens... Kumo is immortal (within the system [which means the heresy attacks she's doing on mother could still kill her]), Fei is now humanoid, like no one saw that coming or anything...

Next week it's the fight against Demon Lord? well, why would the Demon Lord fight a head lol
Kumoko is OP and all and this was finally feeling like your typical isekai with OP protags, but there are bigger fishes in the ocean. Ganbare, Kumoko!
Apr 30, 2021 12:36 PM

Oct 2020
Wait so the demon lord we've been seeing all this time is a spider too!? The plot thickens.
SaintZephApr 30, 2021 12:44 PM

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Apr 30, 2021 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
Everything's starting to slowly make sense now but it's still unnecessarily complicated, i wonder if the demon lord is the vampire baby she saved but that couldn't be true cause not much time passed right? Idk anymore
Apr 30, 2021 1:00 PM

Dec 2007
madelajn3 said:
i wonder if the demon lord is the vampire baby she saved but that couldn't be true cause not much time passed right? Idk anymore

for the answer check the name of the baby vampire when Kumoko appraise her in ep14, and we even got the real name a few later.

For this ep16 I also like how we learn about the real cause of this isekai and how it makes sense, there are too few ones that try to explain it.
While Ariel animation was nice until now I fear the kumoko vs Ariel fight to be like in the 2nd opening, i.e full cgi.

Apr 30, 2021 1:01 PM

Jun 2016
Fei is kawaii in her humanoid form.
Great hype for the upcoming battle between Ariel and Kumoko!
Apr 30, 2021 1:02 PM
Jun 2012
So now that bully b..ch have a humanoid form? Great now I hate human side even more.
Apr 30, 2021 1:11 PM

Oct 2008
So this is confirmation that Kumoko isn't the demon lord. Wasn't thrilled that they made her a 3d model, but it is a very nicely done model and thinking back on the fight animation few episodes ago I'd say this is for the better. As for the human side, still can't bring myself to care about what is going on there, the pacing is just too slow on their end.
Apr 30, 2021 1:57 PM
Dec 2017
Nunbo_Arbur said:
I was a bit confused with how Kumoko got to the sea/ocean when she fought that sea dragon and finally met the demon king, Arial. Also, I thought that Kumoko was Arial a couple of episodes ago, but I guess not since she blasted her.

Kumoko used the dimensional pocket spell.

All the magic skills have 10 spells, one for each level. One of the spells of Dimensional Magic is a spatial storage.
Kumoko stored a lot of the ocean water and then released it inside the dungeon, this is the same reason why Shun & Co went into the dungeon with almost no backpacks, the labyrinth guides usually have this skill to reduce the weight of the groups.
Apr 30, 2021 2:15 PM
Jul 2017
So Ariel and Hugo are working together to destroy the kingdom and are the Demon Lords. And Kumoko, we still have more questions about her existence about how she was reincarnated as a spider. And I hope Kumoko can team up with Shun and the other in order to defeat both Ariel and Hugo. And I wonder if it ends up like Sword Art Online at the end of season one. Where the survivors return back home to Japan.
Apr 30, 2021 3:35 PM

Mar 2016
madelajn3 said:
Everything's starting to slowly make sense now but it's still unnecessarily complicated, i wonder if the demon lord is the vampire baby she saved but that couldn't be true cause not much time passed right? Idk anymore
vampire baby is sophia, you even see her name as sophia when kumo appraises her and her japanese name as negishi which oka called her
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 30, 2021 3:57 PM

Jan 2021
With Sensei continuing to claim the Kumoko is dead, it makes me wonder what state she is in on the human side of things.
If we get a fight next week, I hope it'll be awesome.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.