Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2021 9:01 PM

Dec 2019
I'm currently rewatching Konosuba because why not? I'm enjoying it. It's always a good time. There's no risk here. However, I do sometimes lack the motivation to keep watching. I always have new things to watch.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2021 9:03 PM

Jan 2020
I don't do it that much but if it's something I really enjoy, I do

Apr 8, 2021 9:08 PM

Jul 2020
I'm pretty psychotic with my rewatches

I rewatch shows quite often, sometimes I'll watch a show multiple times in a row if it's short and good.
Apr 8, 2021 9:15 PM

Jun 2020
Reasons why France still exists:

#1) It started existing
#2) It hasn't stopped existing
Apr 8, 2021 9:15 PM

Jul 2020
I don't rewatch often but when I do.. I definitely enjoy because usually I just like the anime
Apr 8, 2021 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
yeah i'm wondering about that too, why does france still exist?
Apr 8, 2021 9:19 PM

Dec 2020
the only reason i rewatch something is because i enjoy it so ofc !!
Apr 8, 2021 9:22 PM

Feb 2018
Yeah, I enjoy rewatch especially MC op
Apr 8, 2021 9:25 PM

Dec 2015
Instead of watching the anime again, I prefer to read your manga (if I haven't already). I feel like I can add more to my experience than just watching the anime again.
>_<
Apr 8, 2021 9:26 PM

Jan 2009
i rewatch a lot of anime back in TV days of the 90s but when the internet and seasonal anime become the norm i rarely rewatch shows, heck maybe i just rewatch few scenes from various episodes thats about it since there is always new anime to watch this days
Apr 8, 2021 9:26 PM

Sep 2019
Yes I do, whenever I have a hard time finding something good, re-watching something I enjoyed keeps my interest in the medium from disappearing.
Apr 8, 2021 9:29 PM

Jan 2020
I 100% enjoy rewatching especially the animes that are dear to my heart. I already rewatched A Silent Voice, Given, Attack on Titan, Gangsta and many more.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 8, 2021 9:39 PM

Nov 2020
Yeah
I’m most likely rewatching because I’m enjoyed the anime in the first place so why not enjoy it again. I might even enjoy it even more.
I rewatch anime that I didn’t enjoy also and sometimes I enjoy them even more than when I watch it the first time. Ex is fate/zero and anohana
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Apr 8, 2021 9:44 PM

Aug 2018
I don't mind it. Usually when I rewatch it's with a friend who has never seen the anime in question or if I'm in an anime drought I'd rewatch one of my favs to get me into the mood again.
Apr 8, 2021 9:45 PM

Jan 2020
I re-watched half of my list, so yes!!!!!!!!

Apr 8, 2021 9:45 PM

Jun 2016
Not really, it's usually easier for me to just reflect on anime I've already watched. I'll only do it if I really need the refresher or if I'm questioning whether my perspective has changed.
Apr 8, 2021 9:54 PM
Mar 2019
Copy pasting from a comment a made on Reddit. Tldr at the end.

Rewatching anime is so addictive.

_You can skip the first three paragraphs, they are just about my personal experience with anime_

For the last couple of months I am having trouble finding anime that I enjoy. I never thought it would come to this but it looks like I have run out of anime that I really enjoy watching. Sure there are still many anime that are watchable but I can't find the anime that makes me feel alive. That feeling when you watch a really good anime, yeah I haven't felt it in a while but recently I got to experience it again. Recently I decided to rewatch Monster. Monster is an anime that I have always regretted watching because I watched it at such a wrong time. I watched it around 4 years ago, just before watching Monster I finished watching FMA: B and the post depression after finishing it was very strong. I wasn't able to think about anything else but I had a lot of free time at that moment so I just started watching Monster. Back then I never dropped any anime, no matter how bad it was. I even sat through the 200 episodes of Fairy Tail, from time to time I still think why did I do that to myself. I did enjoy Monster but after watching something like FMA: Brotherhood watching an anime like Monster isn't the wisest thing to do. I ruined it for myself.

4 years ago I watched Monster for first time and just a few weeks ago I watched it again and I wasn't really into rewatching it because it's Mystery/Thriller anime and I remember some of the major events, etc. But I couldn't have been more wrong! First of all I didn't remember anything properly, I didn't even remember the characters except for the 5-6 main characters. It felt so new to me, it was like my wish came true. The wish of rewatching an anime and it feels like you are watching it for the first time ever. There's just nothing like Monster, it's my second favourite anime now, 9.7/10.

After rewatching Monster I started rewatching FMA Brotherhood and I wasn't really into it after watching Monster (oh how the turn tables) and I dropped FMA several times but I picked it up again because I had nothing to watch and a lot of free time. And I finished watching it two days ago and it's happening to me again, the same feeling that I felt after watching FMA for the first time ever. And again I can't enjoy any other anime for a while now. When I watched it for the time it was a 9.7/10 (I used to rate all the anime pretty high) for me and after this rewatch it's still a 9.7/10. These ratings are just a personal thing and probably don't mean much to others.

After rewatching these anime I have noticed things that I didn't notice back then. The many themes that I noticed during the rewatch are the reason that these anime have become a personal favourite of mine, the absolute best. During all these years I have grown to appreciate fictional media for the all the different things it tries to convey. Back then I used to enjoy anything with a fast paced and action packed story. It's a good thing to rewatch anime and see your opinions change.

Now after rewatching these anime I can't stop myself to rewatch more of my favourites. It's a lot better than consuming anime that you don't enjoy and doing so makes you dislike the media (at least this is how it's for me). For me it's just about the enjoyment you get when you watch something so good that you can't stop watching it until you sleep. I remember how I used to rewatch my favourite anime all the time, I never used to bother myself to watch new anime. Space Dandy and Steins;Gate are my favourite anime and I have watched them countless time. I still remember watching Space Dandy 13 times for the entire year (2016). But now a part of me wants to watch new anime and discover the all the great stories the medium has to offer. There are still a lot of hidden gems out there but finding them is kinda painful. I have trapped myself in a never ending cycle.

**TL;DR - Rewatching anime is really enjoyable and you should do it without thinking that it's a waste of time. It's much better than watching all the same seasonal anime and all the other generic anime out there, at least that's what I think.**
Apr 8, 2021 10:08 PM

Jan 2017
Yes, but more importantly, you're right france should probably just stop existing; the world would probably be a better place.
Apr 8, 2021 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
I LOVE REWATCHING, but sadly in some cases I end up being disappointed.
Apr 8, 2021 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
I really don't enjoy re-watching. Very rarely do I re-watch an anime. I only re-watch an anime if it is a 12-13 episode, slice of life one.
removed-userApr 8, 2021 10:20 PM
Apr 8, 2021 10:20 PM

Sep 2020
I rewatched Dragon Ball and now I am watching naruto. I don't think I will rewatch any other anime.

◽◽◽

ᓚᘏᗢ

◽◽◽

Having lived through trauma and mind-fucking, I'm accustomed to it now.

Apr 8, 2021 10:20 PM
Apr 2020
I generally read the manga if I've really enjoyed an anime a lot. Sometimes I will re-watch to prep for any sequels and such if there aren't any recap films available (otherwise I watch those). I'm currently re-watching Haikyuu, which I still enjoy as much as I did when I first watched it.
Apr 8, 2021 10:21 PM
Apr 2020
Jbril said:

I don't like to re-watch too much because I don't want to end up disliking a show I enjoyed the first time round.
Apr 8, 2021 10:24 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Only if it's something I really enjoy.

I typically rewatch Monogatari every year since it's my #1
Apr 8, 2021 10:27 PM
Jan 2019
I do enjoy it. I would say about 1/5 of my total watch time is rewatches.
Apr 8, 2021 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
DarkRose1598 said:
Jbril said:

I don't like to re-watch too much because I don't want to end up disliking a show I enjoyed the first time round.

Then definitely don't do it. I don't mind at all but would not recommend to people who can't handle it. Personally I like re-watching series to either understand them better or gain a new found appreciation for them.
Apr 8, 2021 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
I rewatched aot before s4 came out, and i liked it more than the first time when i watched it
Apr 8, 2021 11:02 PM
Mar 2021
ok its important to chose correct anime for you. It doesnt matter how long it is awter you like it. I rewatched :

rent a girlfriend bunny girl senpai konosuba
and re zero. i like them too much and rewatched them. also you need some time after first watched anime to forget it :)
Apr 8, 2021 11:13 PM
Oct 2020
Yep just rewatched both seasons of re zero and ryt now rewatching fmab after 6 years it sure is enjoyable as ur able to understand things better
Apr 9, 2021 12:49 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Rarely, but yeah I do. Actually, I have the very long term goal of re-watching all my top 20. No rush to get it tho xD
Apr 9, 2021 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
Haha 20 men doubting the existence of France, wtf? :D
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.
Apr 9, 2021 1:06 AM

Apr 2019
Very rarely rewatch anything, except movies.
Breaking bad and GoT I did though.

I may at some point revisit my 9s and 10s in anime space, although I suspect if I did they would become 8s and 9s lol.
Bleach is best consumed with your ears open and your eyes closed.
Apr 9, 2021 1:08 AM
Aug 2020
It depends on the anime and why im rewatching it, for instance if im rewatching because one of my friends started it and I want to watch with them then yes, i really like rewatching. Sometimes you can pick up elements you wouldnt normally pick up on a first time watch. If the anime is good, those new elements add to the experience, if the anime is mediocre, then it just reassures your perspective on how bad it is.
Apr 9, 2021 2:08 AM

Jul 2020
I've enjoyed re watching Aot so yes.
As for your question about France it's God's will that France still exists.
Coaghim said:
Haha 20 men doubting the existence of France, wtf? :D

Ikr???It has become like a meme.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 9, 2021 2:11 AM

Aug 2018
yes, i do enjoy rewatching my favourites.
Apr 9, 2021 2:18 AM

May 2018
"Do you enjoy rewatching?"

Yep, I am rewatching a lot.
Apr 9, 2021 2:29 AM

Nov 2019
I do not. I rewatched a few because I didn’t remember them properly anymore, but I couldn’t really enjoy them either.
Apr 9, 2021 2:29 AM

Feb 2021
usually i enjoy re-qtching, but i have the attention span of a goldfish so i make one of my family members watch an anime i want to re-watch so that i will watch it with them and wont be able to randomly stop and start re-watching another one.
Apr 9, 2021 2:31 AM

Oct 2017
Yeah it's fun to go over past media you love. Honestly I kinda feel bad for people that said no. I have only just recently started to re-watch shows for the first time in awhile though. I used to over re-watch content rarely branching out now I really feel the need to start going back over stuff I completed long ago.
Apr 9, 2021 2:32 AM

May 2019
I used to rewatch even more than watch new series, lol. Still love doing it
Apr 9, 2021 2:39 AM

May 2019
Yes if I find them very enjoyable and memorable. This is especially true to my favourites.

Apr 9, 2021 2:44 AM
Jan 2012
Paris is honestly kind of shit, no idea why it became what people think of when they think of a romantic city.

I'm far less able to emotionally invest myself in new series, I have actual anxiety when it comes to this. After watching anime as long as I have, the idea of starting a new show and getting invested in new characters is not something I can do whenever I'd like, so rewatching is great in those scenarios because the magic isn't lost for me personally on my subsequent watchthroughs, and I don't have that hesitance as I've already experienced these characters, I've already developed feelings for them and know that won't change. It's not as serious as I've made it sound, but I do get emotionally exhausted due to the sheer amount of anime characters I end up having to care for or at least feel interested in when I watch anime without being in the mood for it. Being an adult is fuckin bleak.
Apr 9, 2021 2:48 AM
Feb 2020
I'm actually re-watching Stars Align at this moment.
Apr 9, 2021 2:52 AM

May 2014
I probably enjoy it more than trying anime I haven't seen to be honest.
Apr 9, 2021 2:59 AM

Jul 2020
Rewatching is very enjoyable when you really like the anime
Apr 9, 2021 3:02 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Yep I rewatch shows I liked all the time.
Apr 9, 2021 3:06 AM
Oct 2019
Yeah I do enjoy rewatching series's but did not add it to my list.
Apr 9, 2021 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
I rewatch more than I watch new stuff these days. There's something comforting in the familiarity. Revisiting old worlds that just feel like... home.

Also, the third option should be "Why does BELGIUM still exist?"
Apr 9, 2021 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
I almost never rewatch. I've just started rewatching hunter x hunter but I don't think I'll get through it all, I think I might just watch to yorknew. The only series I would rewatch are my 10s.
Apr 9, 2021 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Yes, I regularly rewatch anime that I enjoyed. Currently I'm rewatching Monogatari Series for the second time.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - Yesterday

37 by JaniSIr »»
28 seconds ago

» What makes Anime different from Cartoons ?

tchitchouan - 4 hours ago

29 by Lhundrup »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list?

Cammell - 1 hour ago

23 by weebtoge »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you use Character.ai to chat with your waifu?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

12 by Spunkert »»
10 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

114 by tmoverbeck »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.