Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 27, 2021 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode had both a fun and tense vibe. Seems like Reki really enjoying skating, more than just the competition itself.

Going up against Adam isn't easy but he held his own. Adam's daring tactics has no bounds really. You can see the emotions on his face and that finish came to a very close conclusion. at least they didn't crash into the crowd
Mar 27, 2021 11:12 AM
Jul 2013
Honestly, thats exactly what i wanted from this ep. Reki showing his worth and giving adam a run for his fucking money but adam still winning. It makes a lot of sense because imo Adam's arc NEEDS to end with TADASHI. edit: eh shucks now that subs are out i know tadashi is forfeiting and honestly thats stupid,,,, he was the one always there for adam not langa, why tf would langa be the one to make adam love skating again. Langa is adam's obsession, not love. eh,,,

Tho it was so fucking hilarious how they BOTH got FUCKED UP GFDSDFGH ADAM LANDING IN THE FUCKING MUD WAS HILARIOUS.

It was rly cute how they all gathered around Reki and the crowd was cheering on him solidifying that THIS is important. And then you have Adam with a hollow victory, all alone. That was rly good.
Mika-taichoMar 27, 2021 12:14 PM
Mar 27, 2021 11:34 AM

Jun 2019
Hey... at least Reki was enjoying Skating once again. This episode showed how much he really loves Skating. Adam once again being a really tough opponent to defeat. Seriously, he's really something else. Even with his asshole personality, can't deny how talented he's. Still, Reki did an amazing job there. Proud of my boy. And wow, they really fucked their landings. LOL.
Reki won everyone's heart there at the end. Great job Reki. Just one more episode to go. Let's see how they'll finish things up.
Mar 27, 2021 11:44 AM

Nov 2015
No subs yet. But the ed change was cute.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Mar 27, 2021 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
Like Reki and Langa, both Adam and Tadashi also have their starting points the same way as young children would: just kids with common interest. Looking at things now though, the stark contrast can be seen.

Adam issuing a challenge via proxy from Tadashi to Reki as the "Third Wheel" in the "Adam and Eve" symbolic relationship, this beef is to be expected in Adam's case to wreck everyone else obstructing him and Langa's eventual beef.

And let the beef begin! No matter how Adam may trash Reki, he's a changed person because of Langa, and holding his own altogether in the most stylish of ways with some aid from Mother Nature. The Slime TRULY has defeated the evil overlord. An intense beef that even though Reki lost, he has proven IN STYLE. YOU GO REDHEAD!

Who will take the Serpent fall of Adam and Eve? The finale episode next week, and we're all God's audience in witness.
Mar 27, 2021 12:07 PM
Mar 2020
Kinda mad that Reki didn’t win. Now Langa and Reki won’t be able to skate with each other in the finale. Plus Tadashi forfeiting is irritating because it feels like it was supposed to be him beating ADAM to finally put him in his place. Love the group reacting to how close of a beef it was with Reki though. Still very irritated though that Langa and ADAM will be the beef to end the show though. It’s like okay then what was the point of this episode when literally they were talking about racing each other in the finale. While it’s great to see Reki enjoy skating again, he still won’t be able to skate with Langa at the very end and I just want to see him win once. He deserves to at least win one beef that we see in the show while ALSO being recognized by everyone at S.
Mar 27, 2021 12:09 PM
Sep 2015
I love symbolism that means Reki and Langa are now together again, it's when Reki mom cook something, what's in her frying pan are in couple!

Look like my prediction that Reki will beat Adam and go on final with Langa is wrong, now I can't predict the final result, things are looking bad on Adam's side. But I hope the last episode is not spent entirely on the match, I want some cute moment between Reki and Langa, and Joe/Cherry, or even Adam/Tadashi moment are welcome.
Mar 27, 2021 12:25 PM

Oct 2017
Reki lost as expected but he did great, so it's fine I guess.

Langa vs Adam for the finale where Langa will win and Adam will learn once again that skating is fun.
Mar 27, 2021 12:32 PM

Jul 2013
What if Langa actually forfeited? Wouldn't that be the biggest blow for Adam? Just wondering since with Reki losing everything is going more or less how he imagined it.
Mar 27, 2021 12:36 PM

Feb 2019
Ikenai-Taiyou said:
What if Langa actually forfeited? Wouldn't that be the biggest blow for Adam? Just wondering since with Reki losing everything is going more or less how he imagined it.

Ngl if langa actually forfeits in the next episode ill laugh so hard it would be so funny to see Adam cry over it lol
Mar 27, 2021 12:45 PM
Dec 2020
I have very mixed feelings about this episode over all i enjoyed it I just kinda wished it would’ve been tadashi vs adam also I hope last episode can give us more into tadashis’ character and solves the whole investigation sub plot idk
Mar 27, 2021 12:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that Reki vs Adam race was pretty great, nice that Adam had a good taste of the ground, and Reki's strategy with the wheels made for rain was clever, too bad that he didn't win, but he almost did it, at least he enjoyed his race for sure, but it seems like Adam didn't change at all and is still twisted, the final is sure gonna be something xD
Mar 27, 2021 12:56 PM

Jan 2020
I found the "third wheel invitation" really funny and so fitting for ADAM's character. Overall good episode and nice race between Reki and ADAM. I enjoyed seeing ADAM get off of his high horse, and look defeated for the first time in front of people.

However, I have one remark on the animation. The last few shots towards the end of the episode looked off and sometimes even weird.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 27, 2021 1:04 PM

Dec 2020
ahhhh reki was so close to winning
ngl i need some of those rain wheels
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Mar 27, 2021 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
When Adam falled down, my stomach couldn't take it. I laughed for like a min? this bitch really thought he was gonna do the same shit twice and they would fall for it. Even cherry laughed at his ass(btw his laugh was so beautiful) Next episode doesn't have a preview and it's titled our infinity. I feel like something big is gonna happen and they don't wanna spoil it?

but i don't want a langa vs adam. i want reki and langa. God i'm tired of this ass called Adam.

Also these palm trees... i never thought much abt them bfr but today it made me nearly destroy my laptop.
removed-userMar 27, 2021 1:11 PM
Mar 27, 2021 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
Enjoyable episode. But I have no clue how this anime is gonna end. So much to cover in one more episode. It's gonna be so rushed and I can only hope it'll still be satisfying. Since it's an anime original, who knows.

I was looking forward to seeing Adam and Tadashi skate against each other, especially how there were multiple episodes building up to it, but all of that build up led to nothing with Tadashi forfeiting the race???? that was kind of dumb. Tadashi was so damn serious about taking skating away from Adam, but then he's just like "actually, skating is fun and Adam should skate for fun again." like what????

Then there's this pointless side plot to resolve, with the police lady who barely had a character trying to go after Adam. I feel like they should have totally left this side plot out of the anime. It adds nothing to the story. But since Adam is the bad guy he has to be punished and go to jail. Which is pretty boring, but it's the easiest way to end his character.

All the stuff with Reki and Langa is really good, especially if you are enjoying shipping them like I am. It was great to see them be happy again and having fun skating with each other again.
But the rest of the cast has pretty much been sidelined, and with only one more episode left, I don't think there's much left that can be done with their characters. Cherry and Joe got a decent amount of screen time, but Miya deserved better. The anime has barely done anything with his character. I don't really like Shadow, but he's mostly just been there to be the comedic relief character and nothing else. AT least let him hook up with the manager at the floral shop he works at or something

I know I'm being really negative towards this anime. But I've still really been having fun with it!! I think it's just another situation of a 1 cour original anime needing more episodes to be better than it is now. Because I highly doubt this will get a second season. There's a manga, that so far is just copying the anime, but maybe it could continue on as a sequel to the anime *shrug*
Mar 27, 2021 1:12 PM

Aug 2016
Reki did good, he actually fought by....actually skating and his equipment knowledge.
The Adam stuff if dumb as fck at times, dude spends more time off his board than on and that he actually considers clotheslining someone with his board is a technique is moronic.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 27, 2021 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
samashi20 said:

However, I have one remark on the animation. The last few shots towards the end of the episode looked off and sometimes even weird.

the animation was taken a noticeable dip in quality since the last episode, which is too bad because it had been consistently good for most of the anime. But I think there's been some production issues.

There were some weird inconsistencies during the Adam and Reki fight. There were so many cuts, as if the animators were trying to avoid having to animate everything. Then, when Adam knocks Reki off his board, then picks him up and starts swinging him around and slamming Reki into the rock wall, Reki isn't on his skateboard???? But then the next shot is Reki skating along side Adam.

Adam has been animated so well to look super menacing and scary, but in this ep, he constantly went off model and there were so many shots of his face looking all wonky and goofy. And him faceplanting into the mud was so badly animated. But yeah, all around the visuals and animation has really dropped quality-wise. hopefully it'll pick back up for the finale, but who knows.
giveup-the-ghostMar 27, 2021 1:37 PM
Mar 27, 2021 1:24 PM
Oct 2017
I'm glad Reki is having fun again. His smiles and also Langa's smiles are making me gain my faith in humanity. I feel bad for ADAM, but I'm glad to see Tadashi, who got more screentime.
Mar 27, 2021 1:27 PM
Sep 2020
I’m not a skater nor have I ever skated in my life.... but there should definitely be a problem with grabbing your skateboard and smacking someone on the head with it.

How is that still a skateboard race?

Very enjoyable episode tho...
Mar 27, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2020
Chickengirl said:
samashi20 said:

the animation was taken a noticeable drip in quality since the last episode, which is too bad because it had been consistently good for most of the anime. But I think there's been some production issues.

There were some weird inconsistencies during the Adam and Reki fight. There were so many cuts, as if the animators were trying to avoid having to animate everything. Then, when Adam knocks Reki off his board, then picks him up and starts swinging him around and slamming Reki into the rock wall, Reki isn't on his skateboard???? But then the next shot is Reki skating along side Adam.

Adam has been animated so well to look super menacing and scary, but in this ep, he constantly went off model and there were so many shots of his face looking all wonky and goofy. And him faceplanting into the mud was so badly animated. But yeah, all around the visuals and animation has really dropped quality-wise. hopefully it'll pick back up for the finale, but who knows.

I agree, but it was more noticeable to me in today's episode. There were quite a few shots where Reki and Langa looked off, but the shot where Langa approaches Reki at the end was the worst.

It's sad because they've been consistent with the first few episodes and the animation looked very crisp. I wonder how it'll turn out in the last episode.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 27, 2021 1:37 PM

Sep 2019
The audience is a fucking hypocrite. They act like Adam's the best skater of all time when he does a cool move than laugh when he falls only once. I hope Adam destroys their faces with his skateboard.
Mar 27, 2021 1:41 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Adam is so dramatic, and for what?

Homie nearly got taken out by rain, and he's "the only one who exists in my world"! 😂
Mar 27, 2021 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Adam gangster as fuck until a little water starts falling from the sky lmao.

I really thought they were gonna have Reki pull off the underdog upset to set him up against Langa in the finale. Even though Adam still won, it was nice to see Reki give him a run for his money and actually put up a fight. Plus, he regained his love for skating and remembered how fun it is. Now all that's left is for Langa to hand Adam a long-overdue L.

Oh yeah, and Reki skating down the side of the cliff......lol the skating in this show really does get more and more ridiculous and I absolutely love it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 27, 2021 1:56 PM

Jun 2019
I know that this anime is not meant to be taken very seriously, so I won’t criticize it too much for Reki being able to skate after getting the shit kicked out of him, getting swung around while still keeping his board, and going down while not shattering his ankles when he lands.

But I cannot buy ADAM catching up to him after Reki had such a big lead in the rain. They were shown to be pretty close in speed due to ADAM’s lack of manuverability when the rain first started. Why make it seem like that was Reki’s secret weapon only to make it not matter with ADAM skating super fast from anger?
Mar 27, 2021 1:58 PM

May 2020
Whatever Adam's doing it's NOT skating, he is definitely mental!!!

I'm so glad Reki is finally back to his old bubbly self T^T
Mar 27, 2021 2:18 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Go Reki go! Even though he lost that was a really fun episode. And that little change at the ed was cute.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 27, 2021 2:21 PM

Aug 2020
Can't Believe Reki put that much of a good fight. I honestly can't wait for the next episode and season 2.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 27, 2021 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
i literally thought reki was going to die when he jumped off that cliff..... how did he even survive without any injuries from that? it was way too high 😳

Mar 27, 2021 2:59 PM

Aug 2020
Wow, that was a close match. It would have been cool to see Langa vs Reki but oh well. Adam vs Langa will probably seem more interesting.
Mar 27, 2021 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
It's pretty much Skating on steroids now, Adam is a nutcase and Reki played his cards very well with predicting the weather. Too bad he just came in a little short to beat Adam. Pretty exciting episode.

Now I wanna see what crazy heights Langa vs Adam will reach next week!
Mar 27, 2021 3:13 PM
Aug 2020
i feel like the animation quality was a bit lagging
but other than that great episode! Cant wait for next week

(btw the looks reki and langa give each other is literally killing me renga supremacy, also joe and cherry were so cute i love this show sm)
Mar 27, 2021 3:14 PM
Oct 2020
Wooow. It was such a doki doki race .

Reki basically revealed his potential combining his mechanical skill with skateboarding abilities. It was sooo satisfying to see ADAM fall like that. (he won the race at the last minute though)

The next ep is the final ^^ Let's see how they wrap it up.
Mar 27, 2021 3:20 PM

Nov 2015
Kind of worried how they're going to wrap it all up in one episode. It's gonna either be rushed, or some of the characters / subplots aren't going to get the development they need. Aw well, at least the show was fun.

Also huehue, the shot with the two sausages in the pan, huehue, huehue.
Mar 27, 2021 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
I can't put it into words how hard I laughed when ADAM fell on his face, damn that definitely deserved.

This was one of my favourite episodes so far, I really didn't expect Reki to accept the beef since he didn't feel happy when Langa told him he was gonna be a part of this thing. Nevertheless, I'm happy that Reki finally got to show off his skills and that people will now acknowledge him and actually remember his name.

I hope ADAM somehow gets his ass beaten for the last episode tho lol.
「 Између људи и нељуди. 」
Mar 27, 2021 3:48 PM

Sep 2017
Never woulda thought Reki would put up such a good fight but it's pretty awesome that he did. Even with the slow wheels on normal ground Adam is such a fucking dick that he just slowed down to patronize Reki the entire time. But ye the idea that Tadashi had to take skating away from Adam so it wouldn't ruin his political career was a pretty dumb one. Glad he realized that.
Mar 27, 2021 4:05 PM

Feb 2020
That was a pretty good race. Glad Reki was able to unleash his skills against someone so underhanded. Technique vs violence - really made me remember Takumi and Shingo's downhill back in the 1st stage of Initial D.

Now I wonder how the rest of this tournament will end up, with it wrapping up next episode. Hope we could get some actual skating this time, lol
Mar 27, 2021 4:22 PM

Oct 2009
BDJosh23 said:
I’m not a skater nor have I ever skated in my life.... but there should definitely be a problem with grabbing your skateboard and smacking someone on the head with it.

How is that still a skateboard race?

This. I've been fine with pretty much everything else, but just straight up getting off your board to use it as a- idek, baseball bat, to smack your enemies with, and not for the first time either... To say nothing of all the other crap Adam pulled in this episode. It's taking it from usual anime shenanigans territory into straight-up ridiculous nonsense where I can neither enjoy nor take it seriously anymore. Which is an issue in an anime that otherwise actually wants to be taken seriously, as it's not a parody or a satire or any such.

I guess at least it distracted me enough not to notice any of these "dips in animation quality" some are going on about here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 27, 2021 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
I already liked Adam, but somehow this episode made me like him even more. There's the pressure he's dealing with in real life (having to represent his political party because the old men are crooks; the aunts are always on his back about marriage and career) and then he's been ~standing alone~ since he broke off friendship with Cherry and Joe and Tadashi too.

His mental break during the race was excellent. Like it's raining, he's fallen (got a taste of his own medicine), dirty, audience is laughing at him... And then he starts yelling and then speeds up ahead like a madman xD

I thought Adam would wipe the floor with Reki, but at least it was a close race. Very entertaining.

"We shall fall together because we are Adam and Eve" ;) oh~~ I'm anticipating the finale.
Mar 27, 2021 4:23 PM
Feb 2021
i want much cherry and joe scenes
Mar 27, 2021 4:55 PM

Apr 2015
Another episode I have mixed feelings about. On one hand, the race was pretty entertaining as always. Adam tripping made me burst out laughing, that's karma for you. On the other hand, the weird transitions in between with Reki getting tossed around like a sandbag and looking fine on his skateboard in the next second really bothered me. Most likely due to time and/or budget constraints.

I was surprised Adam still won in the end by a millisecond, but Reki put up a decent fight. It's pretty dumb how Tadashi decided to forfeit just like that though. Looks like next week's the episode finale. Really hope it would have a satisfying conclusion.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 27, 2021 5:24 PM

Dec 2020
That was a win for Reki for sure, it was great to see Adam humiliated especially after he hit my baby Tadashi, how satisfying.

Btw why tf Cherry is in a wheelchair, I believe he was hit on the face lol
Mar 27, 2021 6:11 PM
Aug 2020
I actually enjoyed this very much since they actually did Reki justice. Throughout the entire show, he was just an average skater that loved skating with a passion which was a source of his strength and character. We would always see him as a side character since he was just "average". This episode really showed his worth and made him shine as a main character rather than side character.
Mar 27, 2021 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
i find it funny that adam wrote "third wheel" when he is the third wheel
Mar 27, 2021 6:20 PM

Jul 2020
Sketchy, the most badass skater has arrived.

Despite Adam giving Reki one hell of a beatdown, that didn't stop him from giving an epic show. Got goosebumps when he jumped off from the cliff, and loved how he used the rain to his advantage.

Adam's rage was something. Quite disappointed that Adam was somehow able to catch up, and still win the race. I really wanted a Langa and Reki finale
Mar 27, 2021 6:25 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad Reki lost to Adam cuz the convenient rain was pretty stupid if u ask me.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 27, 2021 6:31 PM

Oct 2017
Honestly I have mixed feeling about this episode.

On one hand it's good to see Reki back in action as protagonist.
On another hand, I feel like they wasted 4 episodes to build up this Reki struggle arc, focusing about how talented and untalented differ, and how he can embrace skateboard regardless of where to skate/ who to skate with. (He doesn't NEEDD to be good at S)

Then ep11 lands and show that Reki can do those ridiculous bs action all along without any training. Lenga pulled these miraculous act and explained with his long term snowboarding experience, but Reki has never snowboard even once, so there's no explanation he can pull off that cliff descending trick without training.

Also the fact that Reki going back to S totally defeats the message he learned from ep10. Why focus so much on S, which is an abusive / illegal skating instead of skating in somewhere else and enjoy yourself as a normal person? So Reki is "special" all along? Completely defeat the message they tried to build since ep7.

I rather see Snake beat the shit out of Adam than letting Reki/ Lenga pull some bs and win without merit. Now is back to generic shonen which Reki pull out some bs powerup from nowhere, and Lenga gonna defeat the final boss as finale.

Tbh, I'm disappointed. They should have just let Adam get arrested already. How can he gets away with this many physical abuse against an underage?
If even one person take a video/ stream this on internet, Adam will immediately get arrested. I don't believe no-one ever thought of posting these online.
Mar 27, 2021 7:13 PM

Dec 2020
reki and langa are besties again thank fucking god. the duel between reki and adam was pretty cool, next week is the last ep so i hope they can wrap it up nicely
Mar 27, 2021 7:16 PM

Mar 2020
An entertaining episode. I thought Adam was going to defeat Reki easily. Seems I was wrong. Reki was able to show everyone a sight that they had never seen before, Adam down on the ground. Too bad he lost but if Reki had fun during his skate, I'd bet he had no regrets.
Mar 27, 2021 8:37 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Adam just simply a mad lad. Running here, slapping there. Dancing here, tripping there. Lol. But, nothing could stop Leki to got the mc magic touch, gaining the one and only chance to be the winner. Leki accepted every Adam challenge into such a convenience matters with his weather prediction, and those cliff moves too. Bullshit view? Nah, its an aesthetic styles! Finally he has been able to payback every derision the great saiyan launched before. Even though the result kinda ashamed, again, Adam proved his madness here. Holy cow. But at least he had a fun-ride there, and laugh at the first Adam stupid side, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM

» Redundant

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

0 by OnlyAraku »»
Dec 31, 2023 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.