Forum Settings
Forums

Why my forum posts don't get much attention?

New
Mar 24, 2021 11:39 PM

Sep 2020
I noticed that my forum post gets way less replies compared to other forum posts
Why Is that? My posts are on-point and easy to discuss
Mar 24, 2021 11:44 PM

Jan 2009
posts or threads? its weird for you to expect a lot of people to read your posts or anyones posts on a thread since posting on threads is usually about sharing your own thoughts and not arguing with others posts
Mar 24, 2021 11:44 PM

Aug 2017
-You are new.
-You can't be popular if u are not controversial.
-You need to comment everywhere.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 24, 2021 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
Probably because forum games exist.
Mar 24, 2021 11:47 PM

Sep 2020
Nurguburu said:
-You are new.

Hmm good points, But being controversial means I'll get more hate
Mar 24, 2021 11:55 PM

Aug 2017
NinjaEra23 said:
Nurguburu said:
-You are new.

Hmm good points, But being controversial means I'll get more hate

Nah, just avoid being obnoxious while being controversial. People like that. I got hate and love from my controversial scores.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 25, 2021 1:44 AM

Aug 2018
If your referring to threads then probably because their not interesting or general or controversial enough, as for posts people rarely reply to posts anyway so you shouldn't expect much. I get one every like 20 posts, if you have friends/a reputation (like kosmonaut and his two simps (no offence), or one of those friend groups in FG, or a rep like deg), then that’ll increase replies a bit (but even then not by much). In the end, if you want to be popular just participate in the community a lot and make interesting threads/posts that encourage discussion, quote/discuss other posts, etc. Or just say something racist, that’ll definitely make you well known (and banned)
Mar 25, 2021 1:49 AM

Feb 2018
what deg said, also, your posts must be boring like mine so it's understandable
Mar 25, 2021 4:15 AM

May 2020
My forum threads don't too, but every non-forum game thread dies quick I guess :p
Mar 25, 2021 4:27 AM

Jun 2019
Convos in the forums are not common tho, most folks post and leave.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Mar 25, 2021 10:17 AM
Jan 2020
People dont interact a lot, only cliques or the famous users.
inactive
Mar 25, 2021 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
You have speak of sex 24/7
or racist makes race bait threads.

Oh just piece of shit really.
Mar 25, 2021 10:36 AM

Sep 2017
might be because your new, it takes awhile to get attention and all that
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

Mar 25, 2021 10:41 AM
Oct 2020
your virgin thread got a lot of responses.
Mar 25, 2021 4:59 PM

Jan 2021
It’s Probably because you are new.
Mar 25, 2021 5:50 PM

Aug 2020
Nurguburu said:
-You are new.

nah i don't think it matters if u are new or a commenting legend. Your forum just has to have an interesting question and that is pretty much it.
Mar 25, 2021 5:58 PM

Mar 2021
NinjaEra23 said:
I noticed that my forum post gets way less replies compared to other forum posts

This is the downside of not having a like button. A lot of posts are acknowledged but there is no reason to say anything to it. You can't really reply to every single post. But on the plus side not having a like button removes the hivemind.

If you really want replies make threads.
Mar 25, 2021 7:06 PM

Feb 2019
Nazcaa said:
(like kosmonaut and his two simps (no offence)
I have way more than just two simps. I'm actually quite offended you underestimate how much of a King I am.
Mar 25, 2021 9:12 PM

Dec 2019
i don't even get replies in my forums post,well,i didn't a sigle one yet,but still XD
Mar 25, 2021 9:16 PM

Jan 2020
I don't create forum posts but through time I've spent here, I've learned that some topics fail for what feels like no reason. Just keep posting and the day you're waiting for will come.

Mar 25, 2021 10:36 PM

Sep 2020
Stephen_MK said:
Never seen you around here? You new?

Yes I'm, if you consider 6 month to be new
Mar 26, 2021 12:12 AM

Aug 2018
Kosmonaut said:
Nazcaa said:
(like kosmonaut and his two simps (no offence)
I have way more than just two simps. I'm actually quite offended you underestimate how much of a King I am.

You talk as though having a legion of gay guys and weirdos drooling over you is something to be proud of. That’s not a king, that’s more the male equivalent of an e-girl (or whatever they call them), but one who can’t attract girls so settles for guys. I’ll apologise for underestimating how much of a e-boy you are though, it was my bad. You have my sincere apologies
Mar 26, 2021 3:23 AM

Feb 2019
Nazcaa said:
Kosmonaut said:

You talk as though having a legion of gay guys and weirdos drooling over you is something to be proud of. That’s not a king, that’s more the male equivalent of an e-girl (or whatever they call them), but one who can’t attract girls so settles for guys. I’ll apologise for underestimating how much of a e-boy you are though, it was my bad. You have my sincere apologies
I know you're trying to get my attention by talking dirty to me, simp #37, but it's not going to work. I'm an egalitarian King and I treat all my simps to the same crumbles of parasocial affection. You're not going to get preferential treatment by spoiling me with insults.
Mar 26, 2021 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
You need an eyecatching username like mine.
Mar 26, 2021 4:57 AM

Oct 2010
op has some talent, his horny girl senpai thread is 8/10
keep up the good work, you're just new
Mar 26, 2021 5:30 AM

Aug 2018
Kosmonaut said:
Nazcaa said:

I know you're trying to get my attention by talking dirty to me, simp #37, but it's not going to work. I'm an egalitarian King and I treat all my simps to the same crumbles of parasocial affection. You're not going to get preferential treatment by spoiling me with insults.

Haha mate, if this is your attempt at flirting with me than your not doing a very good job, on top of being straight, I’m the one who does the stepping. And believe it or not but getting berated or slapped doesn’t mean their simping for you attention, so I think your going to have to recount your number of simps, but haha, don’t worry, it won’t take you very long.
NazcaaMar 26, 2021 5:33 AM
Mar 26, 2021 5:33 AM
Dec 2017
irishmonk said:
Probably because forum games exist.

Ah yes the most cancerous section of all of myanimelist maybe even more so than in current events but then again all sections of mal are just complete cancer and well the only thing for op to do is pull an akko and make threads about cheating and there he goes.

Mar 26, 2021 6:40 AM

Feb 2021
There are many reasons that could explain this.

-Wrong forum board
Some forum boards such as forum games are unlikely to yield any meaningful discussions. Meanwhile, casual discussions or current events will end up having more discussions.

-Short replies
If there isn't enough material to discuss, people are less likely to have an interest in your discussion. An endless reply can also have a negative impact.

-Personal replies
In general, most people are uninterested in other people unless they are already acquainted with them or have some relevant mind-blowing experience to share.

-Unoriginal replies
I add this, because simply stating something everyone already knows or have discussed a hundred times on forums is unlikely to get their attention unless it's a hot topic or a controversial subject.

-Insert any additional reason that would not be good to pursue a conversation in real life
A conversation happens when there is sufficient interest from both parties.

Of course, you can't expect to have a reply on everything you post. The reason why you get more replies on a thread you've created yourself like this one is that you're the one making the subject and people are discussing. Because forums are group discussions, a single post may not catch replies, but may change the flow of the conversation.
Mar 26, 2021 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
mal is dying 30charactersookkkkkk
Mar 26, 2021 6:58 AM

Feb 2019
Nazcaa said:
Kosmonaut said:

Haha mate, if this is your attempt at flirting with me than your not doing a very good job, on top of being straight, I’m the one who does the stepping. And believe it or not but getting berated or slapped doesn’t mean their simping for you attention, so I think your going to have to recount your number of simps, but haha, don’t worry, it won’t take you very long.
Oh, don't be such a tease, #37! No need to be coy. I wasn't flirting with you, I thought you were the one flirting with me... Maybe there was a misunderstanding on my part due to how you've set some time aside just to publicly give your best shot at amusing me? I appreciate the effort.

I'm sorry, #37 - the Straight, I'll be more mindful of your unpromptedly disclosed heterosexuality in the future.

PS: I'll be taking you up on that 'stepping' offer though, but only if you wear some cute high heels and don't bruise my pretty face.
Mar 26, 2021 7:02 AM
Dec 2017
Kosmonaut said:
Nazcaa said:

@Luchse did not mentioned about you having that amount of simps visiting your site kosmonaut. Surely you must feel proud of yourself with what you do for a living.

Mar 26, 2021 7:32 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Because there's nothing to discuss from your forum posts maybe? Some controversial or funny posts would get more attention usually

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 26, 2021 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
Because you're a l00ser

Nah, I'm kidding lmao.

I honestly have no clue.
Mar 26, 2021 4:44 PM

Mar 2018
Ah yes, surely it has nothing to do with that name of yours. "NinjaEra" You shan't attract attention with that randomly generated weeb naming scheme.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Mar 26, 2021 4:57 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
NinjaEra23 said:
I dunno man, my forum threads aren't super popular either. I usually have to bump many of my threads several times before it gets a surge of unironic and/or interesting replies. Still kinda odd for your case though, considering your threads are a lot more general (less niche) than mine tend to be.
Mar 26, 2021 5:01 PM

Apr 2010
Because your threads are either boring or not controversial. When I was actively posting on this site my threads used to always get pages of replies cause nearly all of my posts were controversial.
Mar 26, 2021 5:04 PM

Aug 2018
post something controversial, better yet, post a controversial review of an anime instead of posts/threads... you'll gain a lot of traction.

Why do you hate cats?

Mar 26, 2021 10:46 PM

Aug 2018
Kosmonaut said:
Nazcaa said:

Oh, don't be such a tease, #37! No need to be coy. I wasn't flirting with you, I thought you were the one flirting with me... Maybe there was a misunderstanding on my part due to how you've set some time aside just to publicly give your best shot at amusing me? I appreciate the effort.

I'm sorry, #37 - the Straight, I'll be more mindful of your unpromptedly disclosed heterosexuality in the future.

PS: I'll be taking you up on that 'stepping' offer though, but only if you wear some cute high heels and don't bruise my pretty face.

Haha, you might speak even more rubbish than me, I’m speechless. However if we keep it up this conversation will go on for forever. So this is goodbye, self proclaimed simp king, perhaps one day I’ll bequeath you with the stepping you oh so lust for. For now, go tend to your two simps that have come wagging their tails
Mar 26, 2021 10:50 PM

Jul 2020
It’s not because of your popularity or anything’s. When I started out I got plenty of replies. It’s because they aren’t interesting or they have been seen time and time again.
Mar 26, 2021 11:29 PM

Feb 2021
Start some threads like
Are AOT overrated?
Name an anime that's better than AOT
Why every character in AOT manga look the same?
Should I tell my parents I'm not gay?
hohofishMar 26, 2021 11:45 PM
Mar 30, 2021 1:09 PM

Aug 2017
NinjaEra23 said:

I don't know man.

Depends on the topic and question you asked.

If it's broad/general, you won't get as much replies.

if it's open ended, then you're good to go.

Pick an interesting open-ended topic that might get someone interested to reply to you.

Mar 30, 2021 6:07 PM

Jan 2009
No offence but it's probably just because they don't find the titles/posts interesting enough to click on.
Mar 30, 2021 10:01 PM

Sep 2020
hohofish said:

Should I tell my parents I'm not gay?

Nice idea! I'll pick this one for my next thread ;)

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Mar 30, 2021 10:13 PM
Dec 2020
mm just make a title that you know would attract some people. like semen or something

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

22 by UncreatedSong »»
14 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 8 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
56 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.