Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2021 10:01 AM
Oct 2020
Driving with Mion looks fun, I thought they were going to die there for a second lol.

St. Lucia is kinda fkd up for having a prison there.
daniboi1Feb 18, 2021 10:07 AM
Feb 18, 2021 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
I'd swear EVERY Higuarshi episode only deepens the mystery towards the multitude of answers.

At this point, Rika's the school idol of Saint Lucia, and Satoko's the outcast. WHY pursue the same thing together when your interests are different? For Satoko, Saint Lucia's a legit school prison, and Rika's only trying to please the others through words.

Bringing into perspective Rika's timeloops in Nekodamashi, Satokowashi might be Satoko's time to be Rika and go through the same treatment as a timelooper. Still though, I DO have some reservations about what could go down as Satoko spirals into breakdown mode.

The return to Hinamizawa, Rika's signature "Nipah", and everyone all grown up...NOW THIS is the Rika we're familiar with, and the return of the Game Club gang with Keiichi and Co.. It's only when they leave, and all the bad karma starts to come thereafter.

Featherine??? This can ONLY mean one thing...Umineko. Will we finally see a PROPER Umineko adaptation?
Feb 18, 2021 10:05 AM

May 2019
I still don't pity Satoko. Not a little bit.

Xsaderr said:
Devil_Slayer said:
Man the prison subplot was so ridiculous though, what is this? A military school?
If you don't like how the kid is behaving just kick her out, on what planet do they imprison the kids?
i dont think even military schools have prison

My dad was in the navy and they had prisons for cadets back in the 80s, so it's possible.

Feb 18, 2021 10:05 AM

Sep 2020
Am I the only one wondering what did Rika to get praised by so many students? I mean, like the one who is so happy just by getting what is basically a "greetings"? x)

daniboi1 said:
Driving with Mion looks fun, I thought they were going to die for a moment there lol.

I wonder if they are still alive. Maybe the bump got them right when leaving the village... ;p
Forum avatar by © dorg
Feb 18, 2021 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
Medialuna said:
I still don't pity Satoko. Not a little bit.

Xsaderr said:
i dont think even military schools have prison

My dad was in the navy and they had prisons for cadets back in the 80s, so it's possible.
the one my father went to didnt have it so i thought none of them had anything like that
Feb 18, 2021 10:14 AM

Mar 2015
BROOOOOOOOOO Finally we got to see Featherine, I'm going crazy here, this is too good.
Feb 18, 2021 10:15 AM
Aug 2020
Ashhk said:
Well St Lucia is REALLY a jail, it is possible to really jail the students like that, wow.
It's nice to see them all back in Hinamizawa in their adult form, Keiichi really looks like a rich guy with this outfit xD but the personality of the characters didn't change, the good old club game was good, especially because they kept the same penalities as before xD and that end of episode between Satoko and adult Hanyuu wow, I really can't wait for the next episode now
some schools are allowed to adopt a policy which allows disruptive students to be placed somewhere far away from other students for a limited time, but I think what this school has is way too much. Pretty good episode still.
Feb 18, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2016
AU FUCKING RORA

Bless Ryukishi
Feb 18, 2021 10:19 AM

Aug 2015
Umineko fans creaming their pants right now.

Also, it feels weird to see Auau animated first in Higurashi of all things xD
Feb 18, 2021 10:20 AM

Sep 2019
Mion in school swimsuit and cat Rika was peak Higurashi.

Umineko fanboys can finally be happy.
Feb 18, 2021 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
They all go to meet Shion and this happens off screen. 0/10 episode
Feb 18, 2021 10:21 AM

Mar 2019
I think that even though it is proven Featherine, Umineko's "rules" probably won't serve as a reference to speculate what comes next, since the "Hinamizawa board" apparently retains very different rules from Rokkenjima's. Still, this episode makes it clear that Gou will connect the entire When They Cry franchise like never before. It is the end of fan theories, and the beginning of confirmations.
Feb 18, 2021 10:26 AM

Oct 2016
Ahh yess, finnaly mion's swimsuit.
Now this is all coming together.
And featherine? i didnt see that coming. her face look weird though.
YES
Feb 18, 2021 10:37 AM
Jan 2021
This episode was okay it was calm only thing got me mad when Rika told satoko coming here is for her own good but it satoko she not happy she suffering she wants to be with Rika but Rika did try to help
Rika know that she just played it off acting like a princess when they started
Off coming to the school it something from of manipulation on Rika
Feb 18, 2021 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
Idk man, the second half of this series has been stellar. Which makes it even more obvious how boring and bad the first half was

Featherine! Never read Umineko, just wacthed the anime and I really enjoyed it, although she never appeared. I don’t know what’s her deal but I’ve heard so many times her name. Can’t wait to find what type of character is she
Feb 18, 2021 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
Saomii said:
Ahh yess, finnaly mion's swimsuit.
Now this is all coming together.
And featherine? i didnt see that coming. her face look weird though.
i hope its just an angle and not her design
Feb 18, 2021 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
Oh wow, that's actually Featherine from Umineko. Same hair, horns and clothes even if the art style is different. So I guess this really is Bern's origin story? Hmm....

Surprised Satoko lasted through the year. Last episode made it seem like she was ready to snap at any moment. But with this ending it's looking like she's too scared to do anything without the guarantee of a time reset reuniting her with Rika again.
But I pretty much called it last time. Some godlike being (that's not Hanyuu) randomly shows up and gives Satoko whatever asspull power she needs (way more than Rika's time resets and memory retention) to keep the plot going.
Still looking extremely stupid and overly convenient to save the season at this point even if we get some cool Umineko shit this late in. I guess maybe Bern could salvage it somewhat but then pretty much the entire first half was a waste of time.
Feb 18, 2021 10:55 AM

Aug 2019
You gotta be fucking kidding me. I expected the game board of June '83 to be under her influence, but I didn't really expect that she would actually show up before the ending. That's still expected of her, though.

The 2nd ending lyrics hinted that Gou would end up badly, now it's almost certain.

Rika and Satoko's relashionship got worse in this episode because of a misunderstanding. Rika didn't snitch Satoko, but she shouldn't have opened her mouth anyways.

Satoko has no idea that she's about to enter a bargain that won't do any good for her or Rika. It was pretty clear that what the "aspect of Hanyuu" told Rika was actually Featherine giving her a chance to win against Satoko, but I really didn't expect her to actually show up.

At this point, all the previous mysteries of Gou are solved. The next episode will probably explain the bargain, but even if it's left open to interpretation, it'd be enough to put all the pieces together by now. The piece that was left was the method used by Satoko to make people go terminal and chase Rika. But now there's plenty possibilities.

Ngl I didn't like how she was drawn. I've seen a fanmade one in twitter back around x-mas that was far more beautiful, and still had Gou's character design.
(Even though it's to show her looking down from above, I still think the fanmade was way better)

And people actually believed this would be newcomer friendly *giggle*giggle*
rafaelfserafimFeb 18, 2021 11:21 AM
Feb 18, 2021 10:57 AM

Mar 2019
vegeta8639 said:
Oh wow, that's actually Featherine from Umineko. Same hair, horns and clothes even if the art style is different. So I guess this really is Bern's origin story? Hmm....

They are not the same clothes, not completely. Featherine doesn't wear Miko's clothes in Umineko. This Featherine from Gou dresses like Hanyuu, we only know that it is Featherine because of the hair color, the horn shape and mainly the green belt. But the outfit is different, which means that Featherine's identity here is more profound than in Umineko, since it implies that Featherine is a Hai-Ryūn.
Feb 18, 2021 11:06 AM
Dec 2018
Rika did Satoko so dirty. Especially going back to her "old act" as soon as she was with Mion and the others. Satoko spent so much effort just to stay with Rika and she abandoned her the first chance she got. Hopefully, some retribution is on its way.
Feb 18, 2021 11:21 AM

Jun 2011
It only took 20 eps toconfirm something we've been suspecting since like ep 2! yaay!

this ep was kinda good though, finally things are clearing up. that doesn't make up for the previous bad episodes, but there's finally something interesting going on.
Feb 18, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2008
Some thoughts...

Satoko feeling betrayed makes more sense here - of course her mind would jump to Rika selling her out when the teacher said a student informed her that she was really good with traps. Satoko would have no way of knowing Rika said that (weirdly in praise of her) to other students.

I agree with a post someone made last week, because it still holds true. They have attended this school for a YEAR, and we saw this time Satoko /does/ have a roommate. What is their relationship like? What is Satoko and Rika's daily life like outside of class and tea and being angsty? It kind of can't be helped due to the pacing of the arc, but it just feels like not near enough world-building is happening.

When Mion said cheap tricks were allowed during their games and Rena and Keiichi were into it, it felt a little sad since they were shown previously to abandon all those rules when Mion isn't there. I get that this group of club members has their own dynamic, but that was something that made Satoko feel alienated even back in Hinamizawa.

If I were Satoko, I'd definitely feel annoyed with Rika when they went back to Hinamizawa. Like flipping a switch Rika goes back to the old way she used to speak and act, but she completely drops all of that when she's at St. Lucia. (I get that there is pressure to act differently at the school, and this builds off of the worldbuilding comment I made above, but how is Rika and Satoko not hanging out every day or at least every week, just the two of them?)

Hinamizawa looks so good this season. Also I've really enjoyed the OST.

Is the building Satoko went in the storehouse? Why is none of the creepy tools there (and why was it unlocked?)

A horn fell out?! Not the sword...

Feb 18, 2021 11:25 AM

Oct 2015
I didn't want the story tied to Umineko any more than it needed to be, but well, it was a long time coming anyway. The reason I'm not fond of connecting the two is that the implication it has trivializes the triumph achieved in Matsuribayashi greatly. As a bigger fan of Higurashi than Umineko, that's not something I want canonicized. I'll just act like the latter half of Gou isn't canon. Or the entirety of it for that matter

I'm glad Satoko was made more sympathizable in this episode. I don't blame Rika for anything except for one: She should not have insisted Satoko accompany her to St. Lucia Academy, knowing that her free-spirited disposition would clash strongly with the monolithic nature of the institution. She is not cut for that life, and the person who'd know that the best should've been Rika, I think it was a selfish decision on her part.

Satoko initially believed Rika was putting up a façade in order to fit in with the rest, but after the misconception that she sold her out to the teacher, she likely started doubting which is the façade. Coupled with her alienation from the class and her falling grades, it's hard to imagine the pain she's through.

I'm also appreciative of the fact that she stumbled upon the loop instead of seeking it herself as a sort of personal vendetta against Rika. Don't get me wrong, it's a stupid Deus Ex Machina all the same, but at least Passione didn't make Satoko a horrible human being; not ruining a franchise's characters should be the bare minimum expected of a studio.

@kagmole
Probably engaging them in philosophical discussions or impressing them with poetry or something.
Auron_Feb 18, 2021 11:56 AM
Feb 18, 2021 11:28 AM
Jun 2017
Hold on brother let me finish Umineko first
Feb 18, 2021 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
Redtalon said:
vegeta8639 said:

They are not the same clothes, not completely. Featherine doesn't wear Miko's clothes in Umineko. This Featherine from Gou dresses like Hanyuu, we only know that it is Featherine because of the hair color, the horn shape and mainly the green belt. But the outfit is different, which means that Featherine's identity here is more profound than in Umineko, since it implies that Featherine is a Hai-Ryūn.

The clothes look extremely similar except in Umineko her robe is more pink but it could easily be an artstyle difference. Style is similar even the green sash with the medal is there. This definitely seems to be her.

BLiNK129 said:
Rika did Satoko so dirty. Especially going back to her "old act" as soon as she was with Mion and the others. Satoko spent so much effort just to stay with Rika and she abandoned her the first chance she got. Hopefully, some retribution is on its way.

You people are just taking the worst possibly interpretation of Rika's actions. This is MONTHS after they enrolled into the school and Satoko repeatedly refused Rika's invitations to hang out or study so of course she's gonna start asking less and less frequently. At this point the two are hardly talking and Satoko randomly starts making a scene in front of everyone so Rika tries to calm her down and offers to talk it out privately later but Satoko again refuses and instead pulls a "prank" injuring one of Rika's new friends. Which Rika still didn't rat her out on btw AND defended her to her new friends saying that Satoko saved her life hundreds of times.

Rika is acting perfectly within reason. Satoko is the one who caused them to grow distant and at every turn rejected Rika's attempts to get closer again. She keeps acting like a spoiled brat not wanting to study, throwing tantrums and not respecting anybody.
And yes Rika went kinda back to her "old act" in front of her old friends because that's what she thinks they want to see and what would help everyone (including Satoko) have the most fun. Might have even though it would help her make up with Satoko if they play around again like the good old days. There was nothing malicious going on there.
Feb 18, 2021 11:52 AM

Nov 2019
I am so tired of this show. Still 1 episode in a week is quite bearable at least... I can't drop something written by Ryu.
St. Lucia being St. Lucia, I wish Shion let Rika and Satoko know about the dangers. A reunion, not the most creative one; as usual Keichi gets the scummy treatment. Rika didn't even find time outside the school to talk with Satoko openly; it's hard to believe they were best buds now. Maybe Rika herself ain't totally mentally stable after the sufferings.

That ending with AuAu was all that was needed for me to stand up on my chair and almost drop my headphones. I pray that we'll have some well written plot to end this, even if it just leads to a sequel.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Feb 18, 2021 11:57 AM

Oct 2015
@vegeta8639
I'm in agreement with your appraisal of Rika's actions and think others aren't being fair, though I wouldn't impugn Satoko in the process. It's just a very unfortunate series of events where no one really is at fault. Satoko is not very bright academically, nor is she conformist enough to be able to inhabit that environment without aid. She needed help adjusting there after 15 years of living in a village and attending a gradeless, classless school where all they did was essentially horse around. I understand she should've reached out more and not outright reject her stiff and overtly formal classmates, but I can't get myself to fault her for it.

Edit: You might've gotten a notification twice, for that I apologize.
Feb 18, 2021 11:59 AM
May 2015
Satoko still refusing to grow up and not be a child anymore. Being upset with Rika because she's "changed" when Rika has wanted nothing but a normal life for a century, lol. I don't blame Rika for being more poise and incident free.

It looks like we're just heading into a sequel, so now it just comes down to whether the ending of this season will be good or not... and with how I've thought of the last few weeks, I don't have the highest of hopes.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Feb 18, 2021 12:07 PM
Jun 2013
I FUCKIN KNEW IT

Since the ghost of Oyashiro-sama said the other her didn't want Rikka to know about the word I knew it was going to be like this.

So I supposse this make canon what the fandom have been saying for years, that Oyashiro-sama was Featherine but with her dispositive broken

Edit: I forgot to mention it but this arc has made me starting to hate a bit Rika, and that's a no-no
Feb 18, 2021 12:14 PM

May 2009
Gar_Logan said:
Is Noriko Hidaka the voice of the "unknown" woman in the end? She's the only name on the cast list this week with no character beside her.

She's definitely Noriko Hidaka. Quite disappointed it wasn't Michiko Neya like in the Umineko PS3 version where she voiced Featherine, though.
Feb 18, 2021 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
Auron_ said:
I'm in agreement with your appraisal of Rika's actions and think others aren't being fair, though I wouldn't impugn Satoko in the process. It's just a very unfortunate series of events where no one really is at fault. Satoko is not very bright academically, nor is she conformist enough to be able to inhabit that environment without aid. She needed help adjusting there after 15 years of living in a village and attending a gradeless, classless school where all they did was essentially horse around. I understand she should've reached out more and not outright reject her stiff and overtly formal classmates, but I can't get myself to fault her for it.

I'm not blaming Satoko either in terms of what she's done so far in this timeline. Problem is we already know the results are her dragging Rika back to Hinamizawa so she can kill her over and over and over again and make her relive the nightmare she spent hundreds of years trying to escape. So if she's gonna do that I expect a damn good reason. Not: "Well okay, maybe Rika is a little at fault too for not trying even harder to keep their friendship going and maybe she shouldn't have invited Satoko to this school to begin with."

Also I guarantee that if Satoko asked Rika to hang out with her once in this past year, Rika would have accepted or at worst if she was busy she'd arrange it in the next 1-2 days. The idea that them drifting apart is Rika's fault is just nonsense.

kagmole said:
Am I the only one wondering what did Rika to get praised by so many students? I mean, like the one who is so happy just by getting what is basically a "greetings"? x)

Being the most beautiful, elegant, graceful, mature and intelligent girl in the school probably does it no? We saw on screen that people started sucking up to her after she read that verse out in class and everyone saw how great she was.
The greeting isn't why they like her. They all like her so they're happy to get the greeting.
Feb 18, 2021 12:19 PM

Jul 2008
wakabakashii said:
Gar_Logan said:
Is Noriko Hidaka the voice of the "unknown" woman in the end? She's the only name on the cast list this week with no character beside her.

She's definitely Noriko Hidaka. Quite disappointed it wasn't Michiko Neya like in the Umineko PS3 version where she voiced Featherine, though.

Yeah I was curious because it didn't match the PS3 version.

vegeta8639 said:

kagmole said:

Being the most beautiful, elegant, graceful, mature and intelligent girl in the school probably does it no? We saw on screen that people started sucking up to her after she read that verse out in class and everyone saw how great she was..

I think her popularity is a little strange since she isn't actually wealthy? I would think that at a school like St. Lucia being from old money or the upper class would matter more than how pretty you were or how refined you acted. She's still from a very small country town.
Feb 18, 2021 12:26 PM
Apr 2016
Dean_Vermillion said:
Hold on brother let me finish Umineko first
I don't think it really matters if you've finished Umineko or no.
Feb 18, 2021 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
I found the middle part of the episode to be such a refreshing one. I'm still gunning on that idea of a slice of life type show for the Higurashi cast, I sure would definitely enjoy it!

The beginning was a little sketch and made me a little mad at Rika. Though Rika is pointing Sakato to the right direction, I feel bad for Sakato. You can definitely see how much she really misses Hinamizawa and wants to go back :(

And what the hell happened to Sakato at the end? Uh-oh :D
Feb 18, 2021 12:46 PM

Sep 2020
This show is turning out great, finally Satoko begins world-looping!
Feb 18, 2021 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
Gar_Logan said:

I think her popularity is a little strange since she isn't actually wealthy? I would think that at a school like St. Lucia being from old money or the upper class would matter more than how pretty you were or how refined you acted. She's still from a very small country town.

True, you would expect it to be largely based on status and family name but I could still see Rika overcoming that barrier with her looks and hundreds of years worth of maturity and experience. They're all living in the dorms and wearing uniforms too so that kinda equalizes status as well. At least they wouldn't see her dressed like a poor person at school.
Amazing looks, charisma, good grades, forming a good reputation early on. I don't think it's much of a stretch that she'd be super popular by her second year. Those girls probably just enjoy hanging out with her anyway. They're not necessarily money grubbing robots just because they're somewhat upper class.
Feb 18, 2021 12:49 PM

Jan 2014
It's kinda funny how one shitty cameo is enough to get you guys hyped at this dumpster fire of a series. It wouldn't make any sense for them to delve into the meta aspect this late into the show and I'd be surprised if they even name drop Featherine at all. The similarities might as well just be a pointless reference and this is just going to be Hanyuu with her horn restored. Even if they directly tie Umineko in, it still doesn't make the writing of this whole show so far any better lmao. Characters are assassinated every other episode and the first half of the show is so pointless that it might as well not exist.
Feb 18, 2021 12:53 PM

Oct 2015
vegeta8639 said:
Auron_ said:

I'm not blaming Satoko either in terms of what she's done so far in this timeline. Problem is we already know the results are her dragging Rika back to Hinamizawa so she can kill her over and over and over again and make her relive the nightmare she spent hundreds of years trying to escape. So if she's gonna do that I expect a damn good reason. Not: "Well okay, maybe Rika is a little at fault too for not trying even harder to keep their friendship going and maybe she shouldn't have invited Satoko to this school to begin with."

Also I guarantee that if Satoko asked Rika to hang out with her once in this past year, Rika would have accepted or at worst if she was busy she'd arrange it in the next 1-2 days. The idea that them drifting apart is Rika's fault is just nonsense.

I mean, it's not as though she did the conscious and informed decision to loop back so she can punish Rika to eternal damnation. She simply entered Saiguden grounds after sensing some weird presence and touched a horn. If Featherine gives her the choice to refuse but she goes through with it anyway, aware of the consequences she's signing up on, then I'll be 100% with you. It should also be noted that once she does go back, her agency will be compromised because she'll revert to having severe HS, so the only part that I can really condemn will be the initial choice to go back—if it's actually a free choice that is.

As for hanging out, I don't remember how St. Lucia operates, but at 11:36 Satoko said something about getting permission to leave campus grounds, and Shion at Meakashi didn't seem like she was allowed much mobility to go outside the school either. Maybe there's limits to their freedom of movement there. I mean, I'm expecting pretty much anything from a school with fucking cells to deal with misbehaviour. If there is limitation, it won't be very practicable to hang around on-campus either given the judgemental nature of their peers.
Auron_Feb 18, 2021 1:02 PM
Feb 18, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
Aurora is finally here!
It's that character, I assume:

Feb 18, 2021 1:14 PM
Dec 2020
Is that teacher just a palette swap of the receptionist in the child protection services? I swear her face looks just as wrong.

Bringing Featherine now doesn't make Gou any less bad. I'm glad to see her but that's about it. It doesn't excuse anything this crap gacha advertisement has done previously.

Satoko's " t r a p s " working like magic when she snaps her finger is dumb af. How/when/with what resources did she even set up the one that tripped K1 if they all started playing cards as soon as they got to the classroom? she literally snaps her fingers and a rope magically tenses up like what the fuck. It's not cute. It's annoying.

Where did she even get all those metal pans in St. Lucia? Dumbest shit I've seen. I'm not saying she couldn't have made any traps at St. Lucia but from what we've seen she has no resources at all there. Not even enough to make a trip wire.

I honestly don't remember if it was like that in DEEN's adaptation but if it was, it probably contributed to my utter dislike for Satoko in general.

Satoshi not being mentioned ever is also super dumb. It's not like Satoko has lost contact with Irie either. He's the one fucking paying for the tuition. Ryukishi just forgot about his plot device character like a total hack.

The club completely reenacting the game/penalties of the first game in onikakushi was... irritating. Basically more time wasted on old content for the sake of 'member the club? ''member? 'member? Every character having the same idea (writing the same penalties they wrote 3 years ago), losing and pulling the same penalties is just too much of a stretch.

I started watching this episode with very low expectations and it still managed to disappoint me in so many ways.
TKNionFeb 18, 2021 1:19 PM
Feb 18, 2021 1:24 PM

Apr 2009
Auron_ said:
vegeta8639 said:

I mean, it's not as though she did the conscious and informed decision to loop back so she can punish Rika to eternal damnation. She simply entered Saiguden grounds after sensing some weird presence and touched a horn. If Featherine gives her the choice to refuse but she goes through with it anyway, aware of the consequences she's signing up on, then I'll be 100% with you. It should also be noted that once she does go back, her agency will be compromised because she'll revert to having severe HS, so the only part that I can really condemn will be the initial choice to go back—if it's actually a free choice that is.

I'm still not convinced looper Satoko has the syndrome. She must be the best L5 of all the times if she can plan mass murder through various fragments and planting several traps in advance with absolute perfection. Also honestly, I was hoping R07 wouldn't revert back to using the syndrome to excuse his characters, to be honest.

Vongalaxy said:
It's kinda funny how one shitty cameo is enough to get you guys hyped at this dumpster fire of a series. It wouldn't make any sense for them to delve into the meta aspect this late into the show and I'd be surprised if they even name drop Featherine at all. The similarities might as well just be a pointless reference and this is just going to be Hanyuu with her horn restored. Even if they directly tie Umineko in, it still doesn't make the writing of this whole show so far any better lmao. Characters are assassinated every other episode and the first half of the show is so pointless that it might as well not exist.

Eh, Gou is still bad. I'm honestly not sure how they are going to handle this new plot with... 4 episodes left? But at least something actually happened I guess.

Feb 18, 2021 1:27 PM

Aug 2018
What kind of school has an onsite prison?

This better not spoil Umineko for me.
_______I like rocks__
Feb 18, 2021 1:35 PM

Jul 2008
Atlos said:

At most it spoils a character existing....maybe?
Feb 18, 2021 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
People that blame Rika for Satoko's punishment need to pour some beach in their eyes since it is obvious they dont really need them anyway. Yes lets blame Rika, not Satoko for almost killing someone or the little bitch that tried to score some teacher points.

This episode is again good with several stupid parts jist like the previous two episodes.

- Magic finger traps.
-Satoko somehow being able to set up the trap in the first place. This "school" has enough resources for a dozen jail cells and cameras but has no security guards? How could she reach anyway?
-IT HAS JAIL CELLS.
-Stupid ass visual effects. Every time Satoko and Rika had a spotlight on them it was so forced as if we aren't able to see what is happening. And the sound waves in the last scene.
-The teacher is the most forced thing ever. "oh you were injured by a random trap? How could you?"
-it is very problematic when Satoshi has more screen time or relevance in Kira than Gou. Seems like the only one that cares is Irie but he is also nowhere.

Anyway, Satoko still has no reason for doing all that to Rika.

Maybe Featherine will mess up with her head. She has the power to force events without any build up so anything is fair game.
But this stops being a problem about Satoko's characters and becomes a problem of Higurashi as a whole:

Nothing matters anymore. Rika, or anyone, could win and be freed of this only for Featherine to throw them back in. Good and happy endings no longer matter in this story.

Feb 18, 2021 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
I couldn't take the rest of the episode seriously after Satoko was thrown into a fucking jail cell with an orange prison uniform lmao. We already knew St. Lucia was strict as hell but that was just too much, even for Higurashi.

At least Featherine finally appeared, I was sort of expecting that ever since I saw the opening.
Feb 18, 2021 1:39 PM

Oct 2019
0/5 they didn't show swimsuit keiichi with cat ears
Feb 18, 2021 1:40 PM
Dec 2020
Jin_uzuki said:

Eh, Gou is still bad. I'm honestly not sure how they are going to handle this new plot with... 4 episodes left? But at least something actually happened I guess.

next episode: Reveal what was the bargain struck between Satoko and Featherine. Will Satoko be at fault or will Featherine sweet talk her or outright "erase" any misgivings Satoko might have about repeatedly murdering Rika over and over? Episode should delve into what Satoko went through with the loops and end with her pulling the gun out of thin air

next episode + 2: Conflict. Rika tries to beat Satoko despite her bullshit advantage. It's hopeless but there's a glimpse of hope at the end.

next episode + 3: Resolution: Satoko is either beaten or talked into repenting(*). Possibly even forgiven with 0 consequences for her actions. All is Nipaa
next episode + 4: Epilogue. Everything is Nipaa. Possible cameo at the end for fan service's sake.

TKNionFeb 18, 2021 4:02 PM
Feb 18, 2021 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
Atlos said:

i wouldn't call this week a spoiler per se, but depending on what details are covered next week, its probably not safe to continue watching
Feb 18, 2021 1:45 PM
Dec 2020
Higurashi GOU is a worse anime than Umineko's failed adaptation.
Feb 18, 2021 1:48 PM
Jan 2021
TKNion said:
Higurashi GOU is a worse anime than Umineko's failed adaptation.

wise words right here, I am saying this since episode 2.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.