Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2021 7:57 AM

Jan 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Miyamura needs to focus on studying MATHEMATICS and PHILOSOPHY, but receiving books in his face like this is not going to help !! ancestors are not proud of him even though he has war tattoos very good legacy!!!!!!!!!!!! 荣誉祖先
Kyousuke is a bad father for Hori, the ancestor is not honouring his ancestors !!
Ishikawa has been dishonored, poor guy he is better than Miyamura!!
Feb 6, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Oh shit, Hori can be scary when she's in a bad mood. Kyousuke (Hori's father) gets more screen time and we got to see more of their family. I think the part of their family is kinda important to give more insight to their personalities. Kyousuke can be such a sarcastic guy.

Hori and Izumi's scenes at night was also a highlight imo. It felt like they were in their own little world during those scenes.
Feb 6, 2021 8:35 AM

Apr 2010
Finally they are dating it was funny how it started tho, Kyouko's father was pretty interesting.
I wonder what more we will see from her parents they seem like a cute couple with their personalities.
The way Kyouko's father was teasing Izumi was funny.

Now i wonder how things will end up for Sakura tho, she is really influenced with her love.
Feb 6, 2021 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Kyousuke is funny and interesting father as always. Hori and Miyamura were cuter than usual. I love their love progress.
Don't worry, Sakura! You're so cute girl!
Feb 6, 2021 9:05 AM

Oct 2017
Finally Kyousuke makes his anime appearance, he's amusing af. Good to see Hori and Miyamura finally dating. Also Remi and Sakura's part was sweet, I like their friendship.
MegamiRemFeb 6, 2021 7:54 PM
Feb 6, 2021 9:07 AM

Jun 2019
Hori's father is definitely a funny and amusing guy. As usual, some adorable and cute moments between Miyamura and Hori.
Some actual funny moments in this episode. Loved the journey so far. Hope to see much more adorableness from this show. :')
Feb 6, 2021 9:17 AM
Sep 2020
bro there's like no development in their relationship. like why do they love each other already
Feb 6, 2021 9:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Japanese people are so complexed about saying names, it's so weird.
But well now I guess we can consider that they're going out at this point?
Hori's father is so cool and hilarious, he reminds me of Akio from Clannad xD
And that end... I guess we can expect drama with Sakura, she needs to gain more self-esteem
Feb 6, 2021 9:29 AM

Aug 2014
this episode had me popping off lol im glad they have started dating and im glad kyouske got screen time that whole part of the episode was very funny
Feb 6, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2019
This was one of my fave stretches of the manga, but I hate that they’ve cut out so many chapters man. Hori trying to learn Miyamura first name was such a big deal in the manga lol. It’s just kind of nonchalantly thrown out here.

Still, really good episode. Got my boy Kyosuke in the mix now and Sakura got some shine today.
Feb 6, 2021 9:31 AM

Feb 2019
Ashhk said:
Japanese people are so complexed about saying names, it's so weird.
But well now I guess we can consider that they're going out at this point?
Hori's father is so cool and hilarious, he reminds me of Akio from Clannad xD
And that end... I guess we can expect drama with Sakura, she needs to gain more self-esteem

Not weird. Just different culture. Much more formal and polite society than the west in terms of names.
Feb 6, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
omg this episode was way too cute and wholesome!! was smiling the whole time. so i guess they're dating now, nice to see a romance anime where they actually get together quickly. it was kinda interesting stuff with that green hair girl and miyamura's purple hair friend too. also, hori's dad is so funny but seems pretty annoying too lol
Feb 6, 2021 9:33 AM

Dec 2014
Absolutely adorable, wholesome episode. My heart.

Kyousuke the absolute madman with the "I won't let you have my daughter line", hah. Anyone would be terrified if they heard that. xD

I love that the Hori family's reaction to Kyousuke showing up is that they won't have food or utensils for him and not Miyamura.

The scene with Hori and Miyamura walking together was so good and all those blushing/embarrassing moments between Hori and Miyamura are some of my favorite parts.

Sota already knows what Hori and Miyamura would amount too. I'm sure he brought up the other girl on purpose cause he knew Hori was being weird about Miyamura lately. He needs more credit than he gets.
Feb 6, 2021 9:35 AM
Sep 2015
Bet Hori's dad was a playboy in the past.

Ishikawa is such a cool guy!

But watching this anime make me realized that I have a wasteful highschool life, or all of my education years, or my entire life...
Feb 6, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
What a lovely episode. Hori-san is sooooooo cute.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 6, 2021 9:47 AM
Dec 2020
I really liked Hori's father he is kind a funny and i find him an interesting character
Feb 6, 2021 9:51 AM
Feb 2020
THIS SHOW ACTUALLY GIVES MY HEART WARMTH AND HAPPINESS AAAAAAAAA!!! Also two people apparently said they hated the episode in the pole. Ohm... Nani the fuck?.

Feb 6, 2021 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
Nah, Hori, Miyamura cheating on you? that's impossible, afterall..

Another episode, another confession statement by Miyamura, and more handholdings.

Very heartwarming eps, featuring Papa Hori, which basically approved their "relationship" alr. Also another fan of Miyamura awesome long hair. Long hair gang aaugh.

Feb 6, 2021 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
Gotta love misunderstandings haha.

Brilliant.
Feb 6, 2021 9:53 AM
Jul 2020
hori san is a big tsundere and i love her. miyamura and kyousuke part is hilarious af. kyousuke is so funny.
winshenvFeb 6, 2021 10:03 AM
Feb 6, 2021 9:53 AM
Jan 2021
This episode was so soothing and cute , I really loved it and I can't wait for next episode !!!
Feb 6, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
Yep, a very wholesome episode. Miyamura and Hori are basically in a relationship. Never thought that handholding scene would warm my heart.

Horu's father, Kyousuke, is here and he is an interesting guy. But why do I get the feeling that he will kill Miyamura if he hurts Hori. XD

Feb 6, 2021 10:07 AM

Sep 2019
How they became a couple was so cute and smooth. I love Hori's dad, he's hilarious.

"B-baka Izumi~ " my heart skipped a beat when I heard that.
Feb 6, 2021 10:22 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
The relationship fr going from 1-100 rn.
Feb 6, 2021 10:22 AM

May 2020
Kyousuke will always be one of the coolest dads I've ever seen!!!
Everything about that scene with Hori and Miyamura was perfect.

Ishikawa is one a great friend and I really admire him, even though he's still heartbroken about Hori, he still respects Miyamura ^^
Feb 6, 2021 10:23 AM
Oct 2016
These two are so cute together! Hori and Miyamura are like destined to be with each other it just works so well that's the feeling you get watching this. Hori did obviously hear what Miyamura said last episode as we know since she jumped up once he left the room. Hori being jealous I'm sure some will say it's a dumb tsundere quality she has but I think shows how human she is. People get jealous all the time especially with crushes and being paranoid about it. Not like the misunderstanding lasted all that long either, cleared up within the next scene. Hori dad is here!!! Kyousuke is a riot! His character is so much fun, his interactions with Miyamura were hilarious to see in the anime. Hori calling Kyousuke by his first name and introducing Miyamura as her boyfriend. Wholesome scene with them walking after dinner then holding hands. They're so sweet of a couple. The side plot with Sakura realizing her feelings for Ishikawa was interesting to flesh out her and Remi as characters. While he's feeling down since after being so close with Hori someone else came and swooped her away. Hori and Miyamura going at it again
Feb 6, 2021 10:24 AM

Mar 2020
Hori is very cruel when with her father yet when it comes to Miyamura she is very gentle. Forget the fact she threw books at Miyamura's face.
Feb 6, 2021 10:25 AM
Sep 2020
Dad is the best. This episode was hella cute.

For anyone wondering, they adapted some parts of chapter 21, pretty much all of chapter 22 and 23, some parts of chapter 24, and the last few pages of chapter 25. I think they did a pretty good job. There was a few things I missed but we can't have everything I guess.

Also, can't wait for next week's episode, it's gonne be awesome.
Feb 6, 2021 10:26 AM

Aug 2010
Love the first part of the episode, they're finally dating! Hori's family really is interesting, I wish we got to see what happened there during dinner time. Also curious of the backstory on how Hori calling her father by name.

Second part with Sakura.. I feel like there were not enoug build up on her story to make her feelings believable(?) Even with the student council episode and the bits of Sakura & Ishikawa last week, her feelings towards Remi and Ishikawa felt so sudden / out of nowhere to me. But the atmosphere was really good during the Remi-Sakura part especially the end.

Was wondering why Hori only said "baka" once at first, but was not disappoint! She really didn't stop after saying it once lol
Feb 6, 2021 10:26 AM
Jul 2020
This was great felt so good to watch after reading these scenes in the manga another great episode. Hyped for next weeks episode.
Feb 6, 2021 10:29 AM

May 2020
69noonji said:
bro there's like no development in their relationship. like why do they love each other already

I think you don't need any development to love someone ..

Very cute and funny episode. I think we have already the best Romance(/Comedy ?) anime for this year.
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Feb 6, 2021 10:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well finding the truth is more important than the question after all. Still the arrival of Chika sure made things awkward at least for Hori. Hmm Hori's dad's certainly a surprise. The relationship between Daughter and father though is quite unique. Looks like Sakura's feelings for Tooru are developing. Though it's hard letting go of such feelings its nice to see Tooru give the go ahead for Miyamura. Overall a cheerful ep as always that while doing well in solidifying Miyamura and Hori's relationship also did well to lay the foundation for Sakura's crush on Tooru to manifest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2021 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, a great Horimiya episode. I've had issues with the pacing and directing of the first 4 episodes but this was well done. Sure the end with the Remi-Sakura segment was a bit too fast and thrown in compared to the rest of the episode, but the main stuff was showcasing Hori and Miyamura's interactions post-confession from Miyamura while Hori was 'asleep' as well as Miyamura meeting Hori's father for the first time, who is quite the eccentric character and probably the best character in this manga/anime. It was fun, it was awkward in Miyamura's position, it was lovable to watch. The walk back home together while holding hands was the perfect little ribbon on the present that was the segment. This was the first episode where I enjoyed the anime for what it was without feeling let down by how rough the pacing of the content has been in the episodes.
Feb 6, 2021 10:40 AM
Apr 2016
I love how this anime can all of a sudden make a funny cean in to romance Moody cean and just drop a i love you or hend holding in episode 5!!! .
Normally it would be in ep 700 the first name calling.
Feb 6, 2021 11:03 AM

Apr 2020
Hori and Miyamura are advancing to each other, I like it! I knew Souta is gonna bring up the jealousy on Kyouko, you damn little bastard. And Miyamura not knowing Chika's last name...is expected but still. And because of that, they're growing more closer to each other.

Also Kyousuke is now here and he is really weird, but he does like Miyamura so that's all that matters. The "first name" cliche is also here, so we might hear Kyouko and Izumi more in the next couple of episodes. And lastly, Sakura's growing feelings on Tooru almost set her drifting from Remi, but the "power of friendship" always prevails in the end...yeah I called it. Good episode as usual, I'm almost bursting my SCREAMS in Hori x Miya moments, and it's just a matter of time for them to really 'make love' together.

May 2015
Poor Papa. Getting hurt by hori-san. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 2020
Ok The blushing and how open they were with their feelings was just so adorable 🥰. And Sakura feeling insecure and all didn’t leave a good taste in my mouth cause she is beautiful ☺️. But it easy goood alright
Feb 6, 2021 11:05 AM

Sep 2020
I love healthy communication between couples
- in most romance anime they woulda dragged out hori telling miyamura that she heard him or them talking abt the misunderstanding lol

I would die for any/every character in this show omg

Okay so my top 5 favorite characters rn (in order) are:
1. Hori
2. Miyamura
3. Hori's Dad
4. Sakura
4. Remi
5. Shindou
Feb 6, 2021 11:08 AM
Apr 2020
Ok I freaking loved it. Miyamura and hori San , were all brushy and and expressing your feelings and it was like pretty adorable 🥰. I was kinda disappointed when Sakura felt insecure and thought she was not beautiful because she looks freaking 🤩
Feb 6, 2021 11:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, this was great! Sakura - Remi bit was a bit of an outlier but the rest was definitely on point. Kyousuke’s finally here too! And lol the family jokes begin.

Hori x Miyamura prevailing was wonderful to see and the little moments here and there fab! Misunderstanding in the first few moments was fairly cliche but I’m totally on board, lol.

Ishikawa’s a real bro, respect to him for fixing the mood early on. Definitely a mood there from a third person’s POV though, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 6, 2021 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
what if i say hori's dad is literally the most interesting character in this anime for me? he has such a funny personality and i love these kinda characters. i could honestly keep watching this anime just for him
Feb 6, 2021 11:32 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Seems kind of rushed. But that’s why I freaking LOVE IT. Almost every time in the romance genre it’s a slow painful drag. Here, however, is like SNAP and it’s done. Problem/misunderstanding? Resolved, didn’t even take half an episode. Now I love toradora as much as the next guy but having to wait nearly a full 24 episode season for our two lovers to make their affections known to each other is just, too long. Yeah that’s supposed to be the climax where everyone squeals and cries and it’s super emotional and whatever. While those anime that take their time usually do a good job with it, I’ll take one where our two characters are transparent with each other right from the get go over it any day. I want to see what happens AFTER the fact. I am speed

Now it is kind of rushed in a bad way, in the kimi no ma wa sort of way where it seems our two love birds just seemingly fall in love out of nowhere with no clear development as to how exactly they got there. And apparently a lot of good stuff was cut from the manga/light novels whatever it is. But I, don’t, care!!! Why can’t our characters just like each other out of the blue? Why can’t it be love at first sight? Just let them be man!

In most rom com anime you’re just gonna have so much needless drama that drags the whole thing down and make you wait really long for any good wholesome stuff. Horimiya moves right along at a swift pace and all the while just giving us warm, fuzzy, feel good feelings. Unless you’re dead inside well then, too bad for you I guess

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 6, 2021 11:44 AM

Nov 2020
This is so damn good man, just like bunny girl senpai
Feb 6, 2021 11:51 AM
Nov 2018
Gosh, the male characters are so damn delicate that they are starting to get on my nerves -_-"
Feb 6, 2021 11:54 AM
Jan 2019
69noonji said:
I don't know about no development but it is rushed, but I think thats why I like it so much. I wanted a chill/comedy romance, and we get that but shit actually happens in their relationship. Like many comedy romances is just a harem and nothing major happens. Then you can watch a romance anime where relationships actually develop alot but its filled with slow cliche plot points that I've seen a million times before. I wouldn't say no development, like they have time skips where id assume they are just hanging out in that time. Do we really need to see all the friends go to a fireworks festival or have a school festival to develop their relationship?

Overall I just like the fast pace. I really don't need another harem that goes no where or a really slow drama romance, seen that so many times.
KillerCrocXFeb 6, 2021 11:57 AM
Feb 6, 2021 11:54 AM

Jun 2019
Ah, how nice to watch an anime where the couple gets together without any grave misunderstandings and is supported by their friends. I just enjoy watching this so much. I like how the characters still have a realistic feeling to them, despite the common tropes in the series.
Feb 6, 2021 11:59 AM
Dec 2020
Wow, ep 5 was awesome...but i feel kinda sorry for torou ..... ♥╣[-_-]╠♥
Feb 6, 2021 12:05 PM

Oct 2020
I love how this show quickly resolves the misunderstandings. Last week it was Ishikawa and today its Hori.

Feb 6, 2021 12:07 PM

Apr 2020
Even though I find this anime Fine/Alright
This is probably my favourite episode so far,
Maybe because there’s a bit more emotion to it.
And I guess they’re dating now? I guess so lol.

I am curious on the future episodes.
Nina supporter for life💕
Feb 6, 2021 12:25 PM

Feb 2016
This ep had me grinning stupidly from ear to ear! There were so many memorable moments in this episode. Probably one of the best eps so far. I’m loving the pacing and how fast the cliched problems get resolved. The characters are all admirable. The dad is so freaking cool! But most importantly, the relationship is progressing amazingly well, finally! Horimiya is def raising the bar!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

407 by Devill4010 »»
May 1, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.