Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2021 1:28 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Releasing darkness, so the sun guy lost power of sun.

Goddess vs. Another teacher demon, Witch vs. Darkness demon.

Witch already made them weaker? Mind control battle... Witch won.

Demon king appeared when KajiKaji's character felt something in mind. It seems like he doesn't remember anything about another son, too? That another son is fighting.

Doll guy's real body (mage) is in charge of the real revelation. It seems like everyone (even the demon lord, and main characters) has the fake memory about another son / 1 of 4 angels. It turns out 1 of 4 (and strongest) angels that went missing has been changed to another son of the demon. Doll guy will have to do something to end it all.

Doll guy, angels in preview.
tsubasaloverFeb 3, 2021 1:53 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 3, 2021 5:42 AM
Jun 2019
The Demon King finally appeared in front of Ban and Meliodas when Meliodas felt something strange in his mind.

The fight between Escanor, Merlin, Ludociel, etc vs Zeldris, Chusack, and Chandler still on going.

One of the biggest secret in this series finally revealed.

The one who revealed it will take the responsibility.

This episode gave me a goosebumps at the end.

This episode was good, Deen also did a good job in this episode. Let we see next week for an epic battle scene, battle with the strongest in the Goddess Clan
William03Feb 3, 2021 5:45 AM
Feb 3, 2021 8:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm yeah, revelations and a lot of battles, it's pretty interesting
Feb 3, 2021 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
damn wtf i really wasnt expecting that, estarossa is the angel mael?? episode was kinda confusing but i think i got the jist of it... gowther's creator must've been really powerful. merlin's fight was pretty cool too, she's really smart.
Feb 3, 2021 9:28 AM

Dec 2013
RIP Keiji Fujiwara, I wonder if Tadano Youhei is going to do more roles that Keiji couldn't finish.
Feb 3, 2021 10:39 AM

Sep 2019
Estarossa is Mael... what the fuck?
Feb 3, 2021 10:52 AM
Feb 2020
this episode is fire , best ep so far !
deen did a great job with osts and animation !
Feb 3, 2021 11:32 AM
Nov 2019
Could someone please explain what the actual fuck happened this episode? So Estarossa and Mael were the same person all along? Whats the real Gowthers involvement with this?
Feb 3, 2021 11:46 AM

Aug 2020
Im pretty confused on everything that happened in this episode, how are Mael and Estarossa the same person exactly?
Feb 3, 2021 3:38 PM

Jul 2017
WOW, this episode is a BIG "F you" moment to anime-onlys. I'm pretty sure that manga readers (like myself) had the most fun already knowing what's gonna happen against the majority here who are VERY confused at what's going on.

The battle continues against Chandler and Cusack, and quite literally, Ludociel and Merlin don't stand a chance...but rather, by exploiting their own powers through Double Infinity. You DO NOT want to get on Merlin's bad side.

The revelation that Estarossa IS Mael, HOO BOY, genius move. This was as baffling as is in the manga, but watching this already prepared me for what's to come. The Gowther business to prepare for the Beginning of the End, with all the sealed memories that has revealed everything in one go about Estarossa Mael, the setup from the very beginning is not as evident, but it definitely is NOW.

Quite an episode, I must say.
KANLen09Feb 3, 2021 4:18 PM
Feb 3, 2021 5:14 PM
May 2015
Well well well.. to say things are progressing and about to start pumping is an understatement. I was definitely NOT expecting the whole Estarossa/Mael shit to happen, but honestly very excited to see where things go from here. Pretty good episode in terms of plot that's for sure. I do need explanation on Meliodas and Lucodiel both being Estarossa/Mael brother, but I'm sure (hope) that gets explained later.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Feb 3, 2021 10:37 PM
Jun 2017
What a revelation we have here, Estarrossa is MAel all along... wow!!!
Feb 4, 2021 12:28 AM

Jun 2014
Nice to finally get the revelation that Estarossa technically never existed and that the Estarossa we've known up to this point is actually Mael.

@Justin02 @expired_0 @flareneos43 and for anyone else that's confused, even though it's been a while since I've read this part of the manga, I'm pretty sure there should be further explanation in the next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 4, 2021 4:12 AM

Jun 2019
Ok reading the comments i did understand correctly, Mael, the missing angel and the reason Ludociel is so pissed (as Ludociel believes Mael was killed by the demons), is actually Estarossa and has been alive the whole time, living as a demon (hence the reason he didn't want to kill anything when he was young, because he was actually an angel). So he wasn't actually the brother of Meliodas at all.

Maybe it was his jealousy for Meliodas and Elizabeth that turned him into a demon? He couldn't handle the fact that Elizabeth chose Meliodas, a demon, over him, one of the four arch-angels.

Loving this season so far!
Feb 4, 2021 4:18 AM

May 2020
23feanor said:
Ok reading the comments i did understand correctly, Mael, the missing angel and the reason Ludociel is so pissed (as Ludociel believes Mael was killed by the demons), is actually Estarossa and has been alive the whole time, living as a demon (hence the reason he didn't want to kill anything when he was young, because he was actually an angel). So he wasn't actually the brother of Meliodas at all.

Maybe it was his jealousy for Meliodas and Elizabeth that turned him into a demon? He couldn't handle the fact that Elizabeth chose Meliodas, a demon, over him, one of the four arch-angels.

Loving this season so far!

That's a nice explanation, one thing I'll add is that you remember how come the demon king can't remember memories of him at all even though it's his 'son'? Yeah, that's why. Everyone's memories just went baboogled(??) as soon as he turned into a demon(?) I guess.
Feb 4, 2021 6:48 AM

Sep 2012
So basically the cause of the holy war was Mael and Gowther altered everyones memories to stop that?

Did Mael turn into a "demon" because of the spell or before the spell?

Feb 4, 2021 7:25 AM

May 2018
I got spoil of Estarossa true identity. If only I wasn't spoil, I would enjoy this more.
Feb 4, 2021 8:17 AM

Apr 2020
z00nex said:
Estarossa is Mael... what the fuck?

Lmao this was my exact reaction
Feb 4, 2021 8:21 AM
Jan 2021
I am really glad that animation didn't deteriorate in fight sequences.
Feb 4, 2021 8:24 AM
Jan 2021
If it would have been animated by A1 pictures so the series would have been a very great deal.
Feb 4, 2021 8:24 AM
Mar 2014
How is everyone surprised with the revelation? The OP made it pretty clear that Estarossa and Mael are related, much more so than one killing the other. The only explanation I could come up with was that Estarossa is actually Mael. The difficulty was trying to piece together why they thought he killed Mael, but memory being changed through forbidden magic is a decent enough answer.

Biggest question is how this truly ended the holy war. Did the goddess clan believe that they can't beat the demon clan without Mael so they were forced to use the coffin of eternal darkness after learning of his death to seal the demon clan? That seems like the only explanation.

Great episode once again. This series is hitting it out of the park!
8igfanFeb 4, 2021 8:28 AM
Feb 4, 2021 8:53 AM
Aug 2018
Wow Merlin really came through with her abilities. She so cool. I still don’t know which side I want to support tho. The Angel race are shown in a way that makes them arrogant and nasty but the Demon race did some pretty bad things on orders to do so. Anyway, I can’t believe Estarosa was actually Mael. I wonder why he had Gowther’s father change everyone’s memories of him.
Feb 4, 2021 11:51 AM

Feb 2015
This maybe a few episodes late but both the OP and and Ed are absolute fire
Feb 4, 2021 2:27 PM

Oct 2019
Justin02 said:
Could someone please explain what the actual fuck happened this episode? So Estarossa and Mael were the same person all along? Whats the real Gowthers involvement with this?

I think doll Gowther tampered with Mael(/Estarossa)'s head to confuse him in order to start the "memory and perception chain reaction" we saw in the episode. His creator Gowther explained that everyone who knew Mael (and Mael himself) shared a common pool of memory and perception of some sort; that's how the spell was designed. So if one of them cracked everyone would eventually crack and have their memories and correct perception of Mael restored.

We didn't see doll Gowther work their mind juju on Estarossa (pre-Mael) this season, so this either happened off-screen or it happened in the previous season, I cannot remember. If it happened near the end of the previous season that might be why Estarossa (pre-Mael) snapped and kidnapped Elizabeth. He obviously resisted the truth strongly. We also saw that Mael (as an angel) had a crush on Elizabeth and that might also be why he kidnapped her.

The "real" Gowther is the one who performed the memory and perception alteration spell, as was explained, with some help from the doll Gowther. It's impressive that the spell was strong enough to affect not just every demon and angel but also both the Demon King and surely the Supreme Deity as well (otherwise she would have told her angels about the spell, and that Mael was still alive).
It was also revealed that, quite interestingly, Merlin used to know Mael from when he was an angel. Mael was locked away for ~3,000 years after the memory spell was cast and after the 10 Commandments were released we saw no close interaction between Merlin and Estarossa.

I wonder what is going to happen to Escanor's power Sunshine now. Will Mael retrieve it? Could he? And what about the commandments that are still inside Mael?
Feb 5, 2021 8:27 AM

Feb 2020
Shit Went Interesting Real Quick!!!

Now I am a little more excited to watch the remaining episodes!
Feb 5, 2021 4:39 PM
Jul 2020
The fuck was that i feel like that was so unnecessary for mael to be estrossa
Feb 5, 2021 10:20 PM
Sep 2015
What a twist! I'm so shock! The next episode will be the big revelation!
Feb 6, 2021 7:50 AM

Jun 2019
Estarossa was Mael all along. Just their memories were altered. Nice.
Also, Little Merlin is adorable. :3
Feb 6, 2021 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
I've read the manga so I knew what to expect.

Definitely felt underwhelming for the anime reveal as the manga had more emotional impact. Either way, Estarossa being Mael is at least one of the great mysteries that is solved and it's about time they got it into this episode.
Feb 6, 2021 10:49 AM

Jan 2019
I really liked this one, I found the other ones kinda bad, my only problem is the fight scenes, they're still a lil weird (way better than season 3 but still not good). Hope they're saving all the quality for Ban vs Demon King Meliodas
Feb 6, 2021 1:31 PM

Oct 2018
Justin02 said:

it will be explain further. It's the fault of the real Gowther (the person who is 'Gowther's father" in the Flashback) you saw in this episode
Feb 6, 2021 2:00 PM

May 2018
ngl that was a pretty good fight! Also that Estarossa reveal completely fooled me haha
Feb 6, 2021 4:29 PM

Nov 2012
Wow!
I wonder why Gowther's "dad" choses basically erase Mael and create Estarossa.
Feb 6, 2021 6:23 PM

Apr 2020
So Estarossa never existed, and Mael is Estarossa ?! kinda confused
Feb 7, 2021 2:25 AM
Jul 2016
Shirase-san said:
So Estarossa never existed, and Mael is Estarossa ?! kinda confused

It should be explained further in the next episode, all you need to know for now is that sometime during the Holy War after Meliodas betrayed the Commandments, the original Gowther figured that the only way to end the conflict was to alter the playing field, choosing to "kill" Mael and have Estarossa rise
Feb 7, 2021 2:36 AM

May 2019
Justin02 said:

You'll probably find out in the next episode, but just in case you can't wait:

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 8, 2021 9:09 AM
Apr 2019
Hironori Tanaka is coming on next episode,
Feb 8, 2021 1:35 PM
Jul 2016
NakolHira said:

I... Is this for real?
Feb 8, 2021 9:36 PM
Apr 2019
Bird_of_Hermes_ said:
NakolHira said:

I... Is this for real?
yeah, confirmed.
He's a madlad, appears in the most unexpected projects that I got used to it
Feb 9, 2021 5:06 PM
Jan 2021
Damn... Estarossa is Mael?
Feb 9, 2021 5:35 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
That cliffhanger at the end of the episode... The fictious identity of Estarossa took the place of Mael for 3000 years and now everything is back in place. I wonder how Gowther will fix all this mess. The quality of animation dropped in these last two seasons but the plot improved greatly... what a curious balance.
Feb 10, 2021 4:56 AM

Oct 2017
So Estarossa was actually Mael, nice twist.
Feb 11, 2021 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect the estarossa and the dog name, mael is estarossa.
Feb 15, 2021 9:08 PM

Aug 2017
Woah Mael is Estarossa or rather Estarossa is Mael!!??

What did Gowther do exactly??

Feb 18, 2021 2:18 AM

Oct 2008
Estarossa is Mael all along!?!? what a twist!
5/5.

Feb 20, 2021 2:07 PM
Nov 2009
Holy balls Estarossa was a puppy all along. But wait if Mael is alive then where did Escanor get his power? Guess we'll find out.
Feb 24, 2021 8:06 AM
Apr 2018
So ESTAROSSA is actually MAEL, one of the four archangels.
I assume MAEL vs MELIODAS will happen in the upcoming episodes.

Quality wise very good episode.

Apr 3, 2021 5:44 AM
Jan 2020
I actually had a hunch that Estarossa might be Mael, since they don't show what Mael looks like despite him being a topic of conversation multiple times. Another thing that "gave away" this reveal for me is Estarossa's character design, his appearance wasn't portrayed as a demon or someone who's evil.

That said, that was a great twist, although I'm really not sure if I understand Gowther's scheme fully, lol.
Jun 12, 2021 5:25 PM

Mar 2014
Although it makes sense it's kind of a shitty plot twist. For whatever reason Gowther decided to pitch Estarossa to the Demons' side, it certainly didn't create peace because the archangels have a grudge against the demon race and the commandments for killing 'Mael'. I'm guessing more will be explained so I'm giving it a chance ofc.

Not to mention I hate how one of the strongest points of this show, the author's ability to insert romance in a shonen manga that doesn't feel too unrealistic or lame, has now been used as the same motivation behind each and every character on the series. Like come on man you can use something else for a change instead of copy pasting the same sad story on everyone.
Jun 26, 2021 6:34 PM

Nov 2010
Aww, its too bad I've been spoiled already. Oh well..

Anyway, that omake with Monspeet trying to make moves on Derieri was funny. lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2021

96 by selgoku »»
Apr 11, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2021

103 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2021

33 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

36 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.