Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2021 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I didn't expect Kozakura to come out there with a shotgun. Sorao also seems more bolder with her abilities and firearms.

I find the relationship dynamics between Sorao/Kozakura and Sorao/Toriko to be quite different. However, the world they are in continously remain a constant state of danger in regards to the supernatural. Didn't take too long for Sorao to reunite with Toriko again.

Jan 25, 2021 7:55 AM

Apr 2019
Probably the creepiest episode so far. Still don't have any idea what the otherside is or whatever is happening in it. The sound used near the end was really well done. Kozakura is left in the otherside though, uh oh.

Jan 25, 2021 7:57 AM

Feb 2010
This should divide into two episode, dammit...
Jan 25, 2021 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
wtf this episode was so scary ╥﹏╥ kozakura and her shotgun were funny though lol. wonder who satsuki is?
Jan 25, 2021 7:59 AM
Jan 2021
Why Sorao's eye color no different? did i skip the explanation part?
Jan 25, 2021 8:01 AM

Feb 2019
When Kozakura went to the door and the giant eye appeared I legit got a jump scare lol. Definitely the creepiest episode so far.

Touching reunion between Toriko and Sorawo there at the end, but it feels like a lot of stuff was cut out from this episode. Could just be me, but feels like something was missing story wise.

Also did they just leave best girl alone to die in the otherside????

Good episode anyway
Jan 25, 2021 8:10 AM

Jul 2017
Kozakura is such a fun and cute character to watch, also quite badass with the shotgun.

Jan 25, 2021 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
First, I thought it was a really dumb decision to skip Kisaragi arc and go straight to the Space-time Man arc. Then, they went and rushed content as all hell in this episode - cutting most of the meat of the arc to fit it all into one episode, making it just... insipid. Honestly, whoever was in charge of adaptating the source into an anime script is tripping balls, that's the only, only explanation.
Jan 25, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
Arc 4: Time, Space, and a Middle-aged Man.
For context, this is 10 chapters LONG, and how the anime managed to cramp 24 mins outta that is beyond me. This should've been 2 episodes at best with so much of the content cut out.

The search to find Satsuki continues, at least for Toriko who still has an inkling that she could be still alive. But dragging Sorawo along with what seems like a death threat, the latter dragged the Otherside analyst Kozakura along unknowingly through...a space-time man?

The scaredy-cat Kozakura and the unconfident Sorawo in the Otherside to find Toriko in the midst of the space-time men. Most importantly, Sorawo missing her twin eye color (which doesn't stop her alien-seeking powers) is clearly evident, and Toriko being almost bought by the illusion of Satsuki, almost like being a call-back to Hasshaku-sama, but with ample amounts of fear indicted.

Leaving Kozakura in the Otherside is a bad call...
Jan 25, 2021 8:32 AM
Jul 2019
This was a nice ep. we got to learn more about Sorao and Toriko, as well as Kozokura who’s actually a cute scaredy-cat.
Jan 25, 2021 8:48 AM

Jun 2019
Kozakura is really adorable even with that Shotgun. Sorao, why did you left Kozakura on the other side? Some parts were creepy. Some were boring. An ok episode, I guess.
Jan 25, 2021 9:16 AM

Jan 2011
they really cut too much
I like the idea that they put Middle-aged Man arc before Kisaragi Station

but they skip a lot of explanation like Sorao eye color

if they miss Kisaragi station ark I will drop my rate from 10 to 8
Jan 25, 2021 9:16 AM

Jan 2011
AmeliaSimp said:
Why Sorao's eye color no different? did i skip the explanation part?

I guess they explain this next episode, she put colored contact
Jan 25, 2021 9:21 AM
Apr 2020
This was my favorite episode, wow. I got really spooked by the eye. The music was 10/10!
Jan 25, 2021 9:48 AM

Jan 2011
Kosmonaut said:
First, I thought it was a really dumb decision to skip Kisaragi arc and go straight to the Space-time Man arc. Then, they went and rushed content as all hell in this episode - cutting most of the meat of the arc to fit it all into one episode, making it just... insipid. Honestly, whoever was in charge of adapting the source into an anime script is tripping balls, that's the only, only explanation.

I think adding add space-time Man arc before Kisaragi good idea, because inside the Kisaragi arc the bound between Sorao and Toriko become stronger so it makes sense

I guess they will adapt the Kisaragi arc next episode
the only thing I hate that they cut too much from each ark, I still prefer the manga details, I hope they don't cut too much from Kirsaragi arc I love it so much
Jan 25, 2021 10:01 AM
Jan 2021
Easily the best episode, no doubt about it. Seriously a really good episode, good tension, good character development and overall well produced experience.

Defo looking forwards to more!
Jan 25, 2021 10:22 AM

Feb 2019
dark-chaos said:
Kosmonaut said:
First, I thought it was a really dumb decision to skip Kisaragi arc and go straight to the Space-time Man arc. Then, they went and rushed content as all hell in this episode - cutting most of the meat of the arc to fit it all into one episode, making it just... insipid. Honestly, whoever was in charge of adapting the source into an anime script is tripping balls, that's the only, only explanation.

I think adding add space-time Man arc before Kisaragi good idea, because inside the Kisaragi arc the bound between Sorao and Toriko become stronger so it makes sense

the only thing I hate that they cut too much from each ark, I still prefer the manga details, I hope they don't cut too much from Kirsaragi arc I love it so much
Yes, and it's that 'stronger bond' that leads to Sorawo feeling jealous of Uruma and flipping out at Toriko about her probably being dead already. Then, it's that 'stronger bond' that pushes Sorawo to go check on Toriko's apartment when she's gone, meeting the Space-Time Man and being sent the pictures of Toriko entering the Otherworld afterwards. Then, it's that 'stronger bond' that makes Sorawo deadset to find Toriko, no matter the risk or what she has to do, realizing she's her top priority, that she was jealous of Uruma when confronted with the malice in her Doppelganger's face, and how much she can't function in the Otherside without her, because, without her, she's afraid (but the anime made it seem like the she was already scared beforehand, as her reason for not wanting to search for Uruma).

There's a reason Kisaragi came before Space-Time Man, shuffling it around lessens the character arc of both Sorawo and Toriko, but mostly the former.
Jan 25, 2021 10:28 AM

Apr 2009
The scariest, creepiest and most horrifying part of this episode was undoubtedly the butcher job done by Liden Films.
Jan 25, 2021 10:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm i don't think a cute cat person will have the deterrence needed to deter intruders. Now thats one hell of a scary visit from Kozakura's neighbours. Still her response sure was fun. But to think that will lead to being taken to the other side. Rather than denying your own fear admitting it openly is the best way to go. Sorao's past though was pretty interesting. Looks like the inhabitants of this world suffered quite the grim fate. It sure is uncanny chasing after someone that looks like a evil version of you. Still while a close one this encounter served to show a pretty interesting side to Sorao and Toriko's relationship. Overall an interesting ep that served to expand well upon Sorao's past as well as show just how dear Toriko viewed Satsuki.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2021 10:55 AM

Jan 2011
Kosmonaut said:
dark-chaos said:

Yes, and it's that 'stronger bond' that leads to Sorawo feeling jealous of Uruma and flipping out at Toriko about her probably being dead already. Then, it's that 'stronger bond' that pushes Sorawo to go check on Toriko's apartment when she's gone, meeting the Space-Time Man and being sent the pictures of Toriko entering the Otherworld afterwards. Then, it's that 'stronger bond' that makes Sorawo deadset to find Toriko, no matter the risk or what she has to do, realizing she's her top priority, that she was jealous of Uruma when confronted with the malice in her Doppelganger's face, and how much she can't function in the Otherside without her, because, without her, she's afraid (but the anime made it seem like the she was already scared beforehand, as her reason for not wanting to search for Uruma).

There's a reason Kisaragi came before Space-Time Man, shuffling it around lessens the character arc of both Sorawo and Toriko, but mostly the former.

I guess it's could work both scenarios, in the previous episode, they add filler to make Sorawo feel jealous which lead to this episode, I mean they add filler to activated the jealousy, and next episode if they adapt Kirsaragi arc they can focus on the bond between the two

as I said could work both ways, I liked the current way, the only problem I had is the amount of cut
Jan 25, 2021 11:41 AM
Aug 2020
I don't understand the low rating for this at all, I love this show.
Jan 25, 2021 11:42 AM

Sep 2019
Sorao saved Toriko, the last scene where they blushed was cute. Don’t leave the best girl at the other side.
Jan 25, 2021 11:47 AM

Apr 2020
it seems there's still a lot of searching to find Satsuki, but seeing at least her silhouette was interesting

Kozakura stole the episode

Jan 25, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2020
I'm glad Toriko and Sorao got back together in the end. They left poor Kozakura behind though ^^

But I'm a tiny bit worried what will happen to their bond when they find Satsuki or rather “if” they find her
Jan 25, 2021 12:17 PM
Dec 2018
I don't read the manga and haven't even heard of it until the anime was released, but even I can tell that the story is cramped and the plot is advancing too fast while not advancing enough (if that makes sense...).

However each episode has been better than the previous and this one is no exception. Definitely my favourite episode so far. I love how the Otherside keeps being unravelled and yet it's still a mystery. But now I'm sitting here wondering how they will/did get Kozakura out of the Otherside TwT
Jan 25, 2021 1:04 PM

Oct 2020
Very enjoyable episode, still don't get the low rating of 6.8
Jan 25, 2021 1:31 PM

Feb 2019
This episode is another bizarre hodgepodge of nonsense. Two of the characters have long monologues about the nature of fear, both out of literally nowhere, but that's the only connecting element of the entire thing. A random monster of the week that you'd think the episode would be about, but then, aside from a random thirty second aside in the middle, never comes up again. I feel mostly bad for the sound guy, who's continuing to kill it, while the director and writer are probably huffing industrial glue.

Blondie apparently disappears, so Sorao goes to that other girl for help, attacked by monsters and dragged to the otherworld, where they stumble into a village of plantified people, that also happens to be where Blondie was apparently staring at another version of the monster from last week, blathering about the nature of fear. So, once again, they shoot it, and then end up in… uh… the otherotherworld, which they can, uh, just leave whenever by reaching out and grabbing space? And then, in case you thought this was supposed to be a horror or thriller kind of show, ends with a joke about how they completely abandoned and forgot about the other girl.
Jan 25, 2021 2:09 PM

Apr 2020
Kosmonaut said:
First, I thought it was a really dumb decision to skip Kisaragi arc and go straight to the Space-time Man arc. Then, they went and rushed content as all hell in this episode - cutting most of the meat of the arc to fit it all into one episode, making it just... insipid. Honestly, whoever was in charge of adaptating the source into an anime script is tripping balls, that's the only, only explanation.

That is why I was so confused with this episode
Honestly my mind was like “whatttt” in this episode
Nina supporter for life💕
Jan 25, 2021 2:20 PM

Nov 2011
Anyone else getting bored of this anime? Like it's not awful but it's been the same thing for 4 episodes now. Sorao inner struggling, both going to the Otherworld, fight monsters and then come home.

Like episode 4 finally had a change of pace with Monsters coming to the real world but god damn this is starting to get repetitive.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 25, 2021 2:31 PM

Feb 2019
dark-chaos said:
Kosmonaut said:

I guess it's could work both scenarios, in the previous episode, they add filler to make Sorawo feel jealous which lead to this episode, I mean they add filler to activated the jealousy, and next episode if they adapt Kirsaragi arc they can focus on the bond between the two

as I said could work both ways, I liked the current way, the only problem I had is the amount of cut
I really don't agree.

But I digress.
Jan 25, 2021 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
I feel like crying. I really love the story, the setting, the idea, probably everything this story offers. And then there is this anime. I truly don't want to say it's bad, there are some nice things about it, but overall, it is just what it is. I don't know what to think anymore.
Jan 25, 2021 3:40 PM
Nov 2020
i haven't read the LN or Manga but its seems lot of people saying that this adaptation has been rushed and skipped lot s of important thing

i really love this adaptation but if that true, I'll drop from 9 to 7
Jan 25, 2021 3:54 PM

Apr 2015
Still creepy as ever I see, that eye was a jump scare and a half... fuck me!

I do see something not been explained, as Sorawo's eye is back to her normal color? While the power to see glitches still there, I guess she put in some color contacts so it doesn't look odd for strangers.

Kozakura was so adorable, that final shot with the flowers growing in her hair was pretty cute.
Jan 25, 2021 4:10 PM
Mar 2015
They left the other girl on the other side
Jan 25, 2021 4:30 PM

Sep 2020
best episode so far. looks like it keeps getting better and better. and aaff, how i love Kozakura, 1 day she's an asshole, next day she's a badass, other day she's so adorable,then naggy. aaww. she just made the list to my fav character.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jan 25, 2021 4:33 PM

Aug 2020
Sorawo x Toriko is cool and all... but Kozakura x Shotgun, thats cooler
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jan 25, 2021 4:43 PM
Jul 2017
Leaving without Kozakura was unforgivable, but doesn't the post credits joke prove that she's back now? She didn't have a phone or tablet when they went to the Otherside, so she must be back to be able to chew them out, right?
Jan 25, 2021 5:12 PM

May 2018
Man screw that eye, raised my hair a bit
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 25, 2021 5:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well so much happening, it feels like the story had a faster pace than before. They still stay true to fix one case-adventure-thriller story per episode, which is kinda confuse me a bit to be their method of the story telling. I guess, its clear for me now, to called this as an episodic show. Oh well, thats quite a deal ....

The bonds between Sorao and Toriko got stronger. The blushing moments actually really cute. But at the same time, its feels nothing as the fast pace made the moment vanished in a second matter. The shut-in mess white hair loli finally made her move with her goddamn shotgun in one hand and walking by at the otherside with her own foot. Thats the only good side over this episode. A scaredy-white-cat? Don't worry. This episode proven you to be so strong, girl. The past of Sorao lives kinda surprised me much. Thats quite harsh, mysterious, and creepy. Still, its understandable as to why Sorao became someone into that current her.

Anyway, the whole plot of the space-time illusion still damn vague/blurry to me, rather its just the only way to strengthened the relations between Sorao and Toriko. I like Sorao heterochromatic eyes more. But they refused to explain why Sorao did that in the first place, which make me feels sad. Then i see some people went crazy about the source contents, got butchered, and cramped it up into one episode only. I don't like it, and make me a bit of anxious. At the end, its really lost the potential to be the better episode. Such an unfortunate ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 25, 2021 6:10 PM
Jun 2020
Pretty sure this anime is gonna go a different direction from the manga, considering it isn't finished yet (new chapter just dropped btw)

Kinda wish they stayed faithful to the manga cause they left out an entire arc but hey, there's only 12 episodes, manga isn't finished, and there's no guarantee of a season 2 cause the manga and anime is super unknown. Excited what they come up with tho
Jan 25, 2021 6:14 PM

Dec 2020
Oh, man, such a great ep! I knew I liked Bed-Head but now I love her. When she whipped out the shotgun, when she reeled in shock from the giant face but then instantly snapped back to start unloading on it, when she freaked out after entering the Otherside, her long-winded scientific explanation just to say "I'm scared", the final teary-eyed "where are you?" scene... HNNNNGGGGG!

And, yeah, they just don't give no fucks about Sorawo's eye color anymore. Even when she was using her eye powers it was still brown. Her backstory, though... sheesh. The "I'll never forgive you, though" scene was gold, too.
Jan 25, 2021 7:48 PM

Jan 2020
Kozakura was awesome this episode lol. The eye part and the door knocking scene though...

Jan 25, 2021 8:11 PM

Jul 2016
I can't get over the fact that Kozakura's body is barely bigger than her shotgun. Wonder how she isn't on the floor every time she shoots due to the recoil...

Well... for anime standards, Sorao's backstory is actually quite common, as she said.
Jan 25, 2021 8:36 PM

Dec 2019
I am kinda glad that I watched the anime before the manga because I am loving it!

I will definitively pick up the manga after the show because it sounds like they cut a lot of cool stuff. It sucks they have to cut things but you can only do so much with 12 episodes.
Jan 25, 2021 8:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Pretty spooky episode, definitely my favorite so far. The giant eye managed to scare me, and a lot of wtf moments. This kind of stuff is what I’m liking the most about this show now, and it’s a shame to hear they’re skipping content from the source but I’m enjoying this for what it is.
Jan 25, 2021 9:35 PM

Jun 2019
I know I say this every episode, but the music is so good in this anime. It really stands out more than any other anime this season. This episode also did a good job creating a horror atmosphere, especially with the people banging on the door.

My gripes remain the same though. I do not care about the 2 main girls and there are no established rules regarding the Otherside and the monsters. It makes it harder to get immersed because I am constantly questioning why things are happening instead of placing myself in the characters’ situation.
Jan 25, 2021 11:27 PM

Oct 2016
That was a pretty good episode, I really like Kozakura, I hope she gets even more screentime. When that eye popped out when they opened the door, was probably the scariest moment of the show so far, well this whole episode was creepy. The ost was really great too.

Though I am seeing comments about how this adaptation is skipping a lot of shit, what a waste. Show would be even better if they're not skipping anything, but I am still enjoying it.
Jan 26, 2021 12:38 AM

Oct 2007
some Kozakura action this time. So she has a shotgun prepared against intruders to her home. lol

wondering if that town was actually inhabited by people.. then some monster came and turned them to plants - that only Sorao can see? And those 3 people banging at the door are the last victims of whatever creature turned people to plants? Creepy.

Sorao rescue her waifu. Good thing that flying plant thing is easily damaged by the shotgun, and it retreated just as she ran out of bullets.

looking forward to next week! :)
Jan 26, 2021 12:46 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was pretty good as well as pretty scary. That giant eye when they opened the door, holy.
Jan 26, 2021 3:21 AM
May 2020
The episodes all start off great. They create an atmosphere of horror and tension that just sucks you in. And then all of a sudden all of that just gets thrown away and the episode completely falls flat. It then ends with a whimper. It's been a consistent theme for me; excellent start, rushed and underwhelming finish.

I think I'll have to look into reading the novels. Because as much as I want to love this, I can't help but feel disappointed after every episode ends.
fwddJan 26, 2021 3:38 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

70 by wildhood »»
Apr 16, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2021

87 by EinTheVariance »»
Sep 14, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

88 by WatchTillTandava »»
Sep 5, 2023 6:00 AM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

213 by GrandMarquis »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Urasekai Picnic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

72 by Ayonimarui »»
Jul 24, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.