Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 17, 2021 9:51 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seeing Hotaru act her age was funny especially her embarrassment still she was excepted for her age by Konomi.
And on other hand the Akane took her for someone older which was also funny.

And then there is the brother who no one noticed once again tho he was really helpful and he does a lot around the house.
AversaJan 17, 2021 10:51 AM
Jan 17, 2021 10:11 AM

Jan 2014
Hotaru finally gets caught omg. It was super precious, what a lovely episode of Non non as usual.
Jan 17, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
Hotaru real personality are always so fun to watch, glad now someone else saw it, witnessing such blessed cute excited girl is a big pleasure, afterall.
Look at this puppy eyes, I melt.

Very very pleasant episode, full of Hotaru whom I like the most, lovely wholesome moments coming from her really warm my heart.

Jan 17, 2021 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Hotaru was really mature? Yes Yes Yes. Except when she stays with her parents and her dog.
I glad to see those Komachan plushies again, I really miss them.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 17, 2021 10:29 AM

May 2015
Am I the only one who misses the melancholic soundtrack of the previous seasons? That was what always reminded me that the period of their idyllic childhood and with that their friendship will pass eventually, and it was what made this anime bittersweet in a good way. I miss that feeling now.
IshitatesoJan 17, 2021 10:37 AM
Jan 17, 2021 10:30 AM

Jun 2017
Another masterpiece episode... This anime is the greatest anime of all time and no one can say anything that would convince me its not

Hotaru was super cute !! Especially on the train with her parents... I can't express how much I love this anime.

Natsumi and Suguru need more screentime :(

I really hope we get to see more of them and Hika-nee in the next episodes
Jan 17, 2021 10:35 AM
Jul 2020
Why did Hotaru run away from Koma-chan's lap pillow? Man it would've been so sweet!
Jan 17, 2021 10:39 AM

Oct 2017
Nyanpasu!!! Lol Ren chon's shocked face was hilarious, she really thought those were Bell pepper seedlings.

Ouch Konomi found out about Hotaru's secret. I've always wanted to see how Hotaru would react when someone finds out about her secret childish behaviour and lol her reaction was hilarious.
Jan 17, 2021 10:56 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Hotaru acting like the kid she is and getting all embarrassed about was so adorable. Those puppy eyes when she was laying on her Dad's lap though, who would be able to refuse that?
I love how Konomi was teasing her about it after witnessing it, only to decide to stop teasing but once again she her acting like a kid.
Jan 17, 2021 11:05 AM

Mar 2018
Renge is like a comedy genius, every time she says anything I start laughing. Renge and her tomatoes, what a combo.

Akane and her adventures with strangers is always fun to watch and leads us to the topic of Hotaru being mature which is true on paper, but as we see it isn't the case. Still, even when she acts like the kid she is, she is still really cute.
Jan 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Sep 2019
:rengeDed:

Hotaru missed her once in a lifetime lap pillow chance. It was great to see her childish side. It was a hilarious episode.
Jan 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Mar 2019
made me nonstop laughing again...poor Hotaru always get caught by Konomi. She is still a 5th grade so understandble and cuuuute
Jan 17, 2021 11:22 AM

Nov 2016
It picks up slow at the start with planting tomatoes, building the greenhouse which is nice.

and then the middle we got Akane being wayyy too shy, i understand her feeling but her case was kinda extreme, and Hotaru being addressed as the older one which is understandable.

and then probably the highlight of the episode about Konomi finding out about Hotaru's behavior around her parents, really hilarious and somewhat wholesome.
This really is a somewhat yuri episode, holding hand and lap pillow.

also,

Jan 17, 2021 11:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Happy tomatoes, haha xD that part was cute
And now I guess they won't forget that Hotaru is still young xD
Jan 17, 2021 11:31 AM
Aug 2020
That slideshow was annoying. Is it so hard to animate them gardening? Other than that, great episode as always
Jan 17, 2021 11:37 AM

Feb 2020
So dang wholesome. Got to see a really cute side of Hotaru.

Slow clap for my boy Suguru making plays like a phantom. We need to get him a voice!

Another funny, top tier episode for me. Now all I want to see now is Candy-store, and I will be much satisfied.
Jan 17, 2021 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
Surprised it's taken this long for someone to find out Hotaru's secret immaturity like this, but it's a nice way to keep Konomi more involved going forward, especially with her continuing to get more screentime thanks to Akane.
Jan 17, 2021 11:50 AM
Jan 2012
Loved reading this chapter in the Manga, was fun seeing it animated <3

Does anyone knows what train / line this is based on?
Nyan!
Jan 17, 2021 11:51 AM
Mar 2015
Hotaru gets a lot of teasing
Jan 17, 2021 12:22 PM

Apr 2019
poor hotaru, being exposed infront of konami..

Jan 17, 2021 12:33 PM
Aug 2020
This episode went by too fast. :(
Jan 17, 2021 1:57 PM

Mar 2019
100000000/10 Episode....

BUT WHY.......!!?¡ Hotarun missed such a GREAT chance with Komari.!!!!

Great episode, i didnt even felt Renge's short appearance in the episode.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 17, 2021 3:18 PM

Apr 2015
Hotarun was so aodrable this episode, she may look mature but deep down she is still a little child, who needs moments to act her age and we love her for it! Too bad Konomi happened to be also in the train and found out about her secret.

As for the dog moment, super wholesome but I can let it slide. Cause even I can act just like that when I cuddle or play with the dog if I feel like it. Especially with the puppy we got recently.
Jan 17, 2021 3:34 PM

Oct 2013
Nothing better to end the week, than with AoT & Non Non Biyori.

Determined Twin Bun Renge is the best
Jan 17, 2021 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
hey hotaru wanna be an underage bikini gravure idol?
Jan 17, 2021 4:10 PM

May 2012
Hotaru acting childish is hilarious! xD Missed that chance with the lap pillow lmao!!

Jan 17, 2021 5:04 PM

Jan 2018

I took two screenshots of the episode to share, those exact scenes. what a coincidence.
Jan 17, 2021 5:07 PM

Jan 2018
I wonder why there's so few people watching this ??
as of right now there's a bit less than 2300 users, that's like very unpopular for such an incredibly good and wholesome anime
Jan 17, 2021 5:11 PM

Jan 2018
z00nex said:
:rengeDed:

I loved that face, this anime just gets better and better
Jan 17, 2021 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
this episode was really funny lol, hotaru was rly cute too
Jan 17, 2021 5:45 PM
Feb 2015
we almost got a hotaru x komari yuri scene, if hotaru didn't run away

thomaslin98Jan 17, 2021 5:51 PM
Jan 17, 2021 5:55 PM

Feb 2019
God, I love this anime, such a fun and sweet episode.

'The tomatoes look cold', what the fuck, Renge, it's a crime being this cute.

Big F in the chat for Hotaru's reputation though. Even so, honestly, that final segment with the doggo isn't even embarrassing, I dare anyone to find a well-functioning, independent adult that wouldn't behave the same with a cute pupper.
Jan 17, 2021 6:03 PM
Feb 2015
Rokyugenshii said:
It picks up slow at the start with planting tomatoes, building the greenhouse which is nice.

and then the middle we got Akane being wayyy too shy, i understand her feeling but her case was kinda extreme, and Hotaru being addressed as the older one which is understandable.

and then probably the highlight of the episode about Konomi finding out about Hotaru's behavior around her parents, really hilarious and somewhat wholesome.
This really is a somewhat yuri episode, holding hand and lap pillow.

also,

i wanna be cuddled by hotaru just like that
Jan 17, 2021 6:06 PM

Mar 2019
Hey I guess this is is the first time we hear a man's voice in this show?

But since it's Papa, it's ok... lol
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Jan 17, 2021 6:51 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
More good stuff from what you'd expect of non non biyori. Just watched the vacation movie and man was that good. Although now this season is going to seem subpar for me comparing to how much I enjoyed the movie...!!!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 17, 2021 8:36 PM

Apr 2018
I've forgot that Hotaru embarrassed when his friends see her act like a child.
So Cute!

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Jan 17, 2021 10:09 PM

Aug 2019
yeah man this is definitely my favorite show this season, and I still can’t fathom that hotaru is only a fifth grader
Jan 17, 2021 11:23 PM

Feb 2020
Very nice looking greenhouse. The girls did a good job.

That tomato planting made my avatar happy, haha.

It's always fun to see Hotaru being embarrassed. Poor girl. xD

SerafosJan 25, 10:36 PM
Jan 18, 2021 12:14 AM

Jun 2017
transphinx said:
Hey I guess this is is the first time we hear a man's voice in this show?

But since it's Papa, it's ok... lol

Hotaru's dad had already appeared and spoken in s1ep12 (road repairs episode), and there were also the guys who "kidnapped" Komari and the udon seller in the beach episode.

Jan 18, 2021 2:24 AM

Feb 2014
Hmm Hotarun is too cute in her own world. I forgot that she was a Komari fan. Those dolls in her room bring back some funny memories. Also Suguru aka Megane-kun needs have more presence. Lol nobody saw him move all around XD

Sad there's no Nyanpasu~ this week.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 18, 2021 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
Oh man, this huge amount of wholesome and feel-good vibes should be a crime. We fans are not worthy of this much wholesomeness! X3

I do like the whole tomato planting and Renge's deadpan expression was funny. Same goes for Akane, as she's becoming more likeable with each episode as she tries her best to get over her shyness by hanging out with Konomi, Komari, Natsumi and Hotaru for some cookie baking.

However, while those two segments were great, it was the last part, with Hotaru and her parents on the train, that made this episode an 11/10. Seriously, even a guy with a hardened heart wouldn't dare to say no to Hotaru's puppy eyes!

Not just that, but I do love how Hotaru got all embarrassed when Konomi saw how Hotaru acted with her parents and, considering her age, that's to be expected. It's a shame that Hotaru turned down the golden opportunity for her to rest on Komari's lap. That would be so damn cute, but maybe next time, eh?

To end the episode on a bombshell of cuteness, Hotaru went all gaga while petting her dog. Honestly, I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes because of her adorable expressions while she spoiled her dog like that and, once again, she did that in front of Konomi who happened to be walking by, which must've been really awkward between them.

MoonDragon72 said:
That slideshow was annoying. Is it so hard to animate them gardening? Other than that, great episode as always

I don't know why you're annoyed by a few stills lasting about 15-20 seconds. You shouldn't assume the production team uses stills or slideshows just because they're "too lazy" to animate it. Sometimes those sort of small stills work better, depending on the scene in question.
Jan 18, 2021 11:27 AM
Aug 2020
Meta_Yoshi said:
Oh man, this huge amount of wholesome and feel-good vibes should be a crime. We fans are not worthy of this much wholesomeness! X3

I do like the whole tomato planting and Renge's deadpan expression was funny. Same goes for Akane, as she's becoming more likeable with each episode as she tries her best to get over her shyness by hanging out with Konomi, Komari, Natsumi and Hotaru for some cookie baking.

However, while those two segments were great, it was the last part, with Hotaru and her parents on the train, that made this episode an 11/10. Seriously, even a guy with a hardened heart wouldn't dare to say no to Hotaru's puppy eyes!

Not just that, but I do love how Hotaru got all embarrassed when Konomi saw how Hotaru acted with her parents and, considering her age, that's to be expected. It's a shame that Hotaru turned down the golden opportunity for her to rest on Komari's lap. That would be so damn cute, but maybe next time, eh?

To end the episode on a bombshell of cuteness, Hotaru went all gaga while petting her dog. Honestly, I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes because of her adorable expressions while she spoiled her dog like that and, once again, she did that in front of Konomi who happened to be walking by, which must've been really awkward between them.

MoonDragon72 said:

I don't know why you're annoyed by a few stills lasting about 15-20 seconds. You shouldn't assume the production team uses stills or slideshows just because they're "too lazy" to animate it. Sometimes those sort of small stills work better, depending on the scene in question.

Sorry, but a lot of anime do that and it's a pet peeve of mine
Jan 18, 2021 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
MoonDragon72 said:
Meta_Yoshi said:

Sorry, but a lot of anime do that and it's a pet peeve of mine

I understand that, but not all of them do the stills for the same reason. Pet peeve or not, I still find that a rather flawed way of judging things like that. =(
Jan 18, 2021 12:18 PM

Jul 2016
The idea of resting on her beloved senpai's lap was too much for poor Hotaru to handle xD

Another quite lovely episode as usual. "Childish" Hotaru getting caught by Konomi was hilarious but again, she's only 11 so seeing her acting like that with her parents is an expected behaviour. Not that this will make her feel less embarrassed tho.

Oh? Hikage for next episode? Let's go!
Jan 18, 2021 1:21 PM

Apr 2012
This can cure depression. So calming and natural 5/5
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 18, 2021 1:52 PM

Mar 2018
i can listen to Hotaru's "cuddle cuddle" a billion times and never get tired of it
Jan 19, 2021 5:17 AM

Dec 2020
Well well busted... RIP Hotarun lol
Jan 19, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
I missed ren-chon in this episode... but was fun this episode with this hotaru side that i didn't know <3

10/10 like always
Jan 19, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2019
Their brother has a weak presence, he is like "Tetsuya Kuroko / Kuroko no basket"
Jan 19, 2021 10:51 AM
May 2020
Ishitateso said:
Am I the only one who misses the melancholic soundtrack of the previous seasons? That was what always reminded me that the period of their idyllic childhood and with that their friendship will pass eventually, and it was what made this anime bittersweet in a good way. I miss that feeling now.

dont know about that. didnt re-watch the old episodes before the new ones. but i cant relate to the stories as much as i could before. something really feels off.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

56 by S_k_Roy »»
May 3, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

61 by S_k_Roy »»
Apr 24, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2021

64 by S_k_Roy »»
Apr 14, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

130 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 11, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Nonstop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

92 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 6, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.