Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 14, 2021 8:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really cute and relaxing new year episode, I see it's very different in Japan for the new year events, it's nice
Jan 14, 2021 9:16 AM

Mar 2015
Just what I needed after stress at work this morning. :)
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 14, 2021 9:20 AM

Mar 2020
Love the music, scenery, art, everything!

Loved it when the snowball got shoved up Aki's jacket.

The faces the characters made this episode where hilarious and cute!!
Jan 14, 2021 9:32 AM

Mar 2016
10/10 episode. I can't stop smiling whenever I watch this show. It's so great to know Nadeshiko is in good touch with the others even when she's still hard at work during the New Year commemoration. Rin's ventures in the first half were comfy and also amusing (especially with the gag where she's hurrying over to somewhere). Chiaki's hilarious screwup with the timing of Diamond Fuji was literally the cherry on top.
Jan 14, 2021 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
Really nice episode again this time around, but man does this episode make me wanna just adventure around my area even though its COVID times and its better to be safe inside smh. Just felt so soothing to watch overall, especially seeing Rin adventure on early on in the episode (except the car ride at the end of the episode lol, quite the opposite of soothing in that aspect lmao).
Jan 14, 2021 9:33 AM

Jul 2012
Rin's camping, what do i need more?! Really love her struggles over food ...
The sunrise was so beatiful!

The oldstyle driving joke, been a while.

I feel like the animation got better, so pleasant to watch.
Jan 14, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2019
Yes, an episode focusing mostly on Rin's solo camping. All the sightseeing sites, photos and food looks really good in this show. Makes me want to spontaneously go camping during winter.
RIP Spirit Doggy <3
Jan 14, 2021 10:09 AM

Sep 2020
Cute episode, cozy moments as always. I'm in love with this anime more and more!

A friend of mine lives in Japan since 2012 and he had the opportunity to see the hatsuhinode (the first sunrise of the year) a few times, and I always watch the videos he send to me. Beautiful in anime, astonishing in real life.

Makes me want to go camping too.
Jan 14, 2021 10:11 AM
Apr 2013
That 25 km/h uphill drifting tho
Jan 14, 2021 10:25 AM

Nov 2017
AkeZZZ said:
Such a comfy New Year with tea drinking, camping, and shrine visiting. Green Tea is one of the famous products of Shizuoka prefecture. So, that's why Rin bought them.
Sensei's driving is badass, she even drifts at a sharp curve on the mountain. Unfortunately, they could not see the diamond Fuji.
Rin's solo camping looks to be longer than she expects.

All of the locations Rin visited if you're interested.

Omaezaki Lighthouse - https://goo.gl/maps/Wi2LWC3LFzFmLNua9
Kimikura Teahouse - https://goo.gl/maps/NSMWUrMUL3itxgYBA
Mitsuke Tenjin Shrine - https://goo.gl/maps/grPwLZ7g53U8AErZ7
Ryuyokaiyo Koen Auto Camping Ground - https://goo.gl/maps/3iacGPXQCz2juQLS7
Fukude Coast - https://goo.gl/maps/XKg9jo99RDVp772d6

Mt.Minobu where Aoi, Chiaki, Akari, and Sensei visited for a New Year sunrise - https://goo.gl/maps/gDVJyHQgtFaruFgp8

The sunset torii at the next episode preview looks like to be the torii at Bentenjima, Hamamatsu.
https://goo.gl/maps/zeCZCp7NfWoyoFyLA

Thanks for this. Anyone maybe post a gif about every eps like at season 1?
Pizza destroying everything.

Jan 14, 2021 10:29 AM
Dec 2020
after wfh,, this is what i need.... very nice eps
Jan 14, 2021 10:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm that view of the ocean really was breath-taking. Hmm a tea shop huh nice. Fancy meeting the lady back then here though. Its too bad that the dog that was the main attraction had sadly passed by then. The campsite though sure was pretty and offered some excellent views of the surrounding areas. Still looks like Rin's solo new year trip was an excellent success. The girls though sure had quite the busy year. Here's hoping that the new year will bring them plenty of fun. The trip to see the new years first sunrise huh interesting idea. But it was certainly worth the trip with the one at the Torii gate and the one on the mountain being the prettiest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2021 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
Is anyone else crunchyroll not working for the ep? Keeps saying an error code for me
Jan 14, 2021 10:40 AM

Sep 2019
That drift was sick. She has to stay there until the 3rd lol.
Jan 14, 2021 10:51 AM

Dec 2018
nice and comfy as always, I love everything from this episode especially the scenery, it's very detailed and beautiful.
Jan 14, 2021 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
I'm going to sound like a broken record by saying that "This episode of Yuru Camp was amazing" over and over again, but this episode in particular was just so damn good! X3

You know that you've enjoyed this episode so much when you end up taking screencaps of every beautiful scenic view that this series has to offer and we were treated to a stunning new year's day sunrise from two different locations. One was with Rin at Fukude beach, while Sensei, Chiaki, Aoi and her younger sister, Inuko, went to the summit of Mt Minobu to view the sunrise there.

Although Nadeshiko was working her butt off with her new year's job rounds, just seeing the pictures that her friends took and shared with her put a big smile on her face.

This episode wasn't all cosy and beautiful, though, as we also got some hilarious moments, like Inuko stuffing a big snowball up Chiaki's back, Rin giving in to the temptation to pizza and sensei's UPHILL Initial D-inspired drive up the mountain was excellent.

If it wasn't for the current COVID restrictions here in the U.K, I would be heavily tempted to get out and explore the outdoors, which was what I did a lot after watching the first season back 3 years ago. It's given me something to look forward to, at least! ^_^
Jan 14, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2019
The sunrises were nice and watching Rin visit those places had a relaxed vibe. I thought some of the wide angle shots were kinda weird though, I’m not sure what they were going for with them.
Jan 14, 2021 11:44 AM
Aug 2020
This episode of Yuru Camp was amazing as always, this show always gets you comfortable, the sunrise looked neat and the views of the ocean as well. Comf.
Jan 14, 2021 11:45 AM

Mar 2019
I am gonna call Akari "chibi Aoi" as well from now on. She is always so funny with her pranks.

I have highly respect for those people who stay up until the first sunrise...I couldn't do that. I prefer my new year as Ena, just sleep until morning. But Rin's new year seems also great.

It's cold outside now, so get yourself comfy with a tea and cake!
Jan 14, 2021 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Another lovely episode of this delightfully comfy show. It's gonna be hard to think of more to say than that week after week, but that's just fine.
Jan 14, 2021 12:06 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Another heartwarming and thoroughly enjoyable episode, this time with some excitement thanks to Toba-sensei’s Initial D: Yuru Stage 😆

“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jan 14, 2021 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
Aw this was a really cute episode man. Rin’s solo camp and the introduction to Aoi’s little sister was really nice. Sensei driving was freaking crazy though LOL. Can’t believe Ogaki got the time wrong too LOL.

The new op and ed already grew onto me. I already really love them. Great episode!

“Surprise camp?” Wonder what thats going to be? Looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 14, 2021 12:15 PM

Apr 2016
Another solid episode. The quality of the show has been consistent so far and I hope they can keep up with it till the end.

Anyhow, I don't know which is better, Rin's solo camping or the gang hanging out in new year because both segments delivered. While both gave me almost the same amount of laugh, the former has a more chilling and a bit of nostalgic vibe all thanks to the superb scenery, whereas the latter leans toward character interactions and bonding, which has always been my thing in a slice of life anime. If anything, the coziness in this episode is real, regardless of whoever was the focus on the screen.

Some of the highlights to me:

Jan 14, 2021 12:33 PM

Dec 2013
I wish they would stop focusing on Rin so much, I would rather much more having the gang camping that Rin and her solitude.
Jan 14, 2021 12:43 PM

Jul 2020
Scenic views/calimg music = goodness. Off to a great start so far.
Jan 14, 2021 1:04 PM

Mar 2018
Rin camping episodes are always a joy to watch, and in this episode especially Rin was amazing.

It was also a joy watching Aoi, Aoi mini, Chiaki, and teach going to see the sunrise twice, both a spectacle and a comedy. By the way, the handles that teach has on that car are crazy, she did spins on turns and went 40 on a mountain trail; impressive.
Jan 14, 2021 1:28 PM

Feb 2019
Alright finally got the episode working on VRV!

Please give us two more episodes of Rin solo camping lol.

That “whoopsie” at missing the diamond sunrise was hilarious. I’ve actually been to where they were today and got to watch the sunrise. Really lovely experience.
Jan 14, 2021 2:52 PM

Dec 2020
"Riding by the ocean feels great!"
Me, who has lived by the ocean his entire life: "No it doesn't. It feels like 30 degrees colder than an inland road."
"But it so windy and cold!"
Me: "Told you so."

Mini Inuko is a rascal, lol.

New meme format:

If anyone is interested, I have a series called "Yuru Camp VR Tour" where I take a look at all the real world locations from the show in Google Earth VR. The video for episode 1 is uploaded here.

The full playlist for season 1 and Heya Camp is here.

I do all the research, recording and editing myself so it usually takes about a week to put one of these together.
Jan 14, 2021 2:57 PM

Apr 2015
Simple perfection! I feel blessed to be able to watch this!

Excited Rin is so adorable, we saw her like that so many times this episode and I need more. I do have to say though, the sequence of the dog at the shrine really hit close at home for a minute there.

The sunrises were absolutely gorgeous and exactly what makes me love this show so damn much. Scenery always so beautiful and full of details.

Final scene was hilarious, Initial D reference was very welcome and it had me laughing out loud. Do love it that the speed was constantly at 30 km/h though. That sequence needs some eurobeat though.

Rin is a lady of culture, can never resist Pizza, NEVER!!
Jan 14, 2021 2:58 PM
Oct 2020
sunrise was beautiful
Jan 14, 2021 3:27 PM

Feb 2019
Initial D - Yuru Camp edition was a sight to behold, amazing.
Jan 14, 2021 3:34 PM

Apr 2020
HNY!
Such a relaxing episode as always, the first sunrise of the year is always nice.
Rin sure loves pizza
Jan 14, 2021 3:57 PM

Jun 2017
The pizza beat the curry, also rip doggo.
Jan 14, 2021 5:02 PM
Dec 2018
another great episode. such masterpiece
Jan 14, 2021 5:04 PM

Feb 2009
This anime cleans my soul

Jan 14, 2021 5:07 PM

Mar 2017
So Rin has a Microsoft Surface in EP 1 and looks to have an older iphone in this episode. (It COULD be an Iphone SE V2 but I doubt it)

I prefer sunsets over sunrises but then again I am not in the land of the rising sun and I am more of a night person.
Jan 14, 2021 5:34 PM

Nov 2016
Hahahaha, Initial D sensei caught me off guard.

Beautiful scenery and Rin adorable as always with her facial expressions and her weakness for delicious food. Now I crave what she had while chilling in lockdown._.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2021 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
very fitting new years episode all those bless Rin faces had me feeling great ,i have to say the scoring in this show is top tier it always fits the mood and you could feel the peacefulness of it during the sunrise to the excitement of seeing it rise.

but for real can i get a anime initial D but it's only teachers there all so skilled at drifting mountain passes
Jan 14, 2021 6:19 PM

Oct 2008
glorious chill akeome episode!
5/5.

Jan 14, 2021 6:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The lighting effects on the parked cars when she's driving through the parking lot on her scooter late at night? Pristine

Even got some tokyo drift in. Or okinawa drift... or wherever they are lol... japan drift

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 14, 2021 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
That episode had everything, the iconic OST from season 1, comedy, a beautiful sunrise, and even an Initial D reference. Amazing.
Jan 14, 2021 7:06 PM

Jan 2018
Absolutely loved it. Beautiful scenery, good looking food as always, the floof balls being adorable, and a nice amount of humor to give me a laugh. The dog stuff hit me too close to home, but another amazing episode.

_MushiRock11_ said:
Great episode, like the usual. It's great to have ramen while watching the episode by the way, I understand how Rin-chan felt when she said "Did instant ramen?" always feel this good, xD.

Oh man, I have been watching this anime all wrong, lol.
IBloodstormIJan 14, 2021 7:47 PM
Jan 14, 2021 8:30 PM

Feb 2020
A new year has started for the fellow campers!

Also that sunrise, was, hella beautiful. I really like C-Station's adaptation, and been loving their work on this anime since the first season.

Very chill once again, with Rin touring the area with some very good gif-worthy scenes. Might actually make a few of Rin running. Also would love to try out that food she had!

Dang, does she go hard behind the wheels! Great eurobeat & drifting there, haha!!

Hmm, now I would also love to chillax at a campsite for 3 days. Would life be much enjoyable like that!
Jan 14, 2021 9:05 PM

Dec 2014
All I can say after watching this episode is that Fujiwara Takumi would be proud. The only thing missing was Eurobeat.

Great stuff again, calming, soothing, beautiful to look at. Loved the sunrise, wish they had actually gotten to see the diamond sunrise.

Also, Rin can never resist a good meal. :)
Jan 14, 2021 9:25 PM

Sep 2013
Season 1 was one of my favorite animes of all time and easily deserved a 10/10. After 2020, I needed this season more than ever and it feels like an 11/10. How can an anime be this comfy?
Jan 14, 2021 11:05 PM

Apr 2020
We have the New Years' episode, pretty late (and pretty outdated bcos of Ro-na) but its still worth to watch.

Rin with her solo camping highlights as she visits the Shippeitaro shrine (too bad doggy is ded, or isnt?), the teahouse (where she met an old acquaintance) and the Fukude Coast. Seeing her preventing to scream as she looks at the sea is so relatable (for me that will be the cityscape) and her trying to resist pizzas was cute (I know you're eating that Rin-chan).

The others having some taste of Japan Drifting as Minami-sensei drives insanely (at 20kph) as they try to catch up on Diamond Fuji's sunrise. Too bad Chiaki bluffed about the time, but hey they still experienced drifting (I ain't experiencing that with my grid-like city). And while the others enjoyed their first sunrise, Nadeshiko is still in the shadows as she's still delivering some papers.

Nice episode once again, it's nice that Yuru Camp is bringing me joy as I succumb once again in activities from indoor school...
Jan 14, 2021 11:08 PM

Apr 2020
I'm just gonna add, I feel bad some of our Japanese weebs. While this comfy and warm show is airing, the Japanese people who do want to camp is forced to stay inside as another round of lockdowns are in progress there.

Actually this show aired at the wrong yet right time as possible. Wrong for some camper and outdoor enthusiasts, and right for people who want to alleviate their stress and mental state after a rough day.
Jan 14, 2021 11:55 PM

Jul 2020
Watching Yuru Camp is such a lovely and calming experience. It just hits different. The backgrounds are gorgeous again in this episode and OST was icing in the cake.

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 15, 2021 12:18 AM

Aug 2019
those were some mean ass drifts
Jan 15, 2021 1:55 AM

Mar 2014

Episode about japanese tea? Sweet! Anyway, another great and relaxing episode. I'm waiting for more Inuko imouto xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2021

144 by blinddig »»
May 9, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

107 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

66 by cooldogmom »»
May 4, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

76 by cooldogmom »»
May 4, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2021

80 by cooldogmom »»
May 4, 12:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.