Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 20, 2020 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More investigating of the case on the murder of Ryuji..

Meanwhile, we got Nana taking care of Michiru, which imo is somewhat unusual given her character nature. At any rate, Michiru seems to be on the receiving end of bad luck and it's no surprise to me that there's a feeling of despair again this episode.
Dec 20, 2020 5:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was so weird to see Nana happy with Michiru, also Michiru's backstory with her friend Hitomi was quite sad, I really hope that she will not kill Michiru, she seems to be destabilized now
Dec 20, 2020 6:02 AM

Nov 2019
Oof, the feels.

I can already feel Nana snapping and going against Tsuruoka when Michiru does die. Maybe that kill count was indeed made up like what Jin said? Or who knows, maybe Michiru herself made the story up (though this is probably unlikely but we'll see)

That last frame of the preview for the last episode though. Say what you will about the characters being really stupid, but that picture of Michiru and Nana is just wholesome.
Dec 20, 2020 6:04 AM

Jul 2017
Poor little Michiru is too precious for this world. Her friend were awesome, with smile always on her face, RIP.
Dec 20, 2020 6:07 AM

Apr 2014
Michiru's back story was sad, she is the best girl. Nana really cares about Michiru deep inside her heart.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 20, 2020 6:15 AM

Sep 2019
Both Nana and Michuru's backstories were sad, I was getting bored of the "Nana kills kids without breaking a sweat" plot. It's a nice change of pace to get these backstories back to back.
Dec 20, 2020 6:21 AM

Jan 2014
Poor Michuru. Where it was in the Manga, or watching it in anime form, still gets to my heart. She's too precious.
Dec 20, 2020 6:26 AM

Jul 2017
We're into the 2nd half of the Invisible Blade arc!

To see Nana care for the sick Michiru, that's a big contrast as compared to her relentless killing sprees of past and not giving a wink about others. A low-maintenance murderer caring for a high-maintenance "serial killer", walking the fine line there.

Kyouya on the other hand, while he's busy with Ryuji's corpse, he still has to contend to the situation with Michiru on the backdrop. Lots of investigative points coming up.

The image of Nana and Michiru "enjoying" life together still feels unsurreal, much less the latter's backstory with her former classmate Hitomi who's as supporting and sporting for a cool friend. Sad that she's got cancer, but at least she lived a good life.

Nana vs. Tsuruoka will be an interesting one, but the fact remains: TO KILL OR NOT TO KILL Michiru? The more she uses her talents, her life shortens even more.

1 more episode to go to finish the arc (though can foresee that either will follow the manga route or rush through its paces).
Dec 20, 2020 6:34 AM
Jan 2020
Interesting.. So "Estimated kills" is just a joke/meaningless numbers that created by the government so Nana will feel absolutely zero empathy toward her targets.

"Enemy of Humanity" or not, Nana in this episode really was showing another of her characters that actually kind and care to others. She willing to stay with Michiru and take care of her, night after nights. And even, she just showed us her unforced smile, her genuine smile to us.

Michiru story about why she always kind to others and want to become useful is actually because of her friend, Hitomi-shan. Man.. Hitomi willing to come to the school although she has a cancer for Michiru's sake, that's really tearing me up. At least we now know, why Michiru is become like this in the first place.

So.. They finally show us the governments and the person who appeared to be Nana's superior/mentor, Tsuruoka.
Dec 20, 2020 6:45 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i didn't know befriending people was part of Among Us, then again, i've never played it

but hey, theres 2 killers just like the game
Dec 20, 2020 6:50 AM

May 2018
The character development of nana tho.

Goddayum
Dec 20, 2020 6:51 AM

Nov 2019
It's amazing the studio is consistent with the pacing. Good work!

Btw, from hearing the title for the next episode I think I know how this anime will end. Clearly not the best moment to stop the show, but I hope there will be second season or OVA for the continuation.
Dec 20, 2020 6:56 AM

Oct 2017
That was a beautiful backstory, Hitomi was a great girl RIP. Also yep Michiru's gonna become Nana's weakness. She really doesn't want to believe her potential kill count is 150k+ and honestly I dun see how can she kill that many with a healing ability either unless there's more to her powers.
Dec 20, 2020 7:17 AM
Mar 2019
I though it was going to be 12 eps , guess i was wrong lol🤣
Dec 20, 2020 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
Didn't expect I would be saying this for Munou na Nana, but what a wholesome episode.

Michiru's backstory is pretty sad, she's such a good girl but Nana's development really stands out right now. She became really fond of Michiru and that's something she would have never expected to happen. Even to the point where she is starting to doubt what HQ has told and informed her about, since she kept checking the potential kill count in disbelieve.

One more to go, really curious where this will end. I am assuming we'll see Nana's mentor next week as well.
Dec 20, 2020 7:33 AM

Nov 2019
Maaaan Nana's development tho, well executed (no pun intended)
Dec 20, 2020 7:34 AM

Jun 2019
Oh.. poor Michiru. Also, it was wholesome to see Nana bonding with Michiru genuinely for the first time. good episode.
Dec 20, 2020 7:34 AM

Mar 2020
oh so next ep will be called revival not invisible blade part 4?

I'm hoping for double length ep
Dec 20, 2020 7:39 AM

Oct 2019
Jin......why did you tell the supposed killer that Michiru healed the cat that they attacked?
Dec 20, 2020 7:54 AM

Oct 2020
Please let there be a second season pleasee,this anime is so underrated!
処刑課師匠
Dec 20, 2020 8:13 AM
Sep 2019
Best anime this season yea?
Dec 20, 2020 8:17 AM
May 2016
Tsurouka finally speaks!

Great episode, I wasn't sure where we were ending things, but it seems the season is stopping with REVIVAL, now that's an impactful way to end a season
Dec 20, 2020 8:27 AM

Jun 2016
holy fuckkk !!! this anime is best of the best !!

i really loved the plot and character development of nana with michiru
Dec 20, 2020 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
And this is where the Munou na Nana really gets going. This chapter really starts Nana’s development. Seeing it animated and her breakdown at the prospect of having to kill Michiru.. powerful.

Great episode as usual. Sad we only got one more left
Dec 20, 2020 8:47 AM
Jan 2020
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
oh so next ep will be called revival not invisible blade part 4?

I'm hoping for double length ep

That's what I hope too, as a manga reader.
Dec 20, 2020 8:48 AM
Jan 2020
ZappyCake21 said:
Jin......why did you tell the supposed killer that Michiru healed the cat that they attacked?

Yeah.. Probably that was his blunder to tell the killer that Michiru just healed the cat that the killer injured..
Dec 20, 2020 8:56 AM
Mar 2015
Michiru is changing Nana She turned off the kill count on Michiru The committee is despicable Interesting that Jin cares more about cats than people
Dec 20, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
Yup, just as I was expected.
Potential Kill Count is just a random number and Nana is being manipulated.

Dec 20, 2020 9:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this was seriously wholesome. Got to empathise with Nana here, the numbers are clearly a lie. Nana is being manipulated here.

Michiru-chan's backstory was really deep. God, imagine being able to heal all kinds of wounds but failing to go over that extra step to curing illnesses.

With Nana's sensei coming over to the island soon, things should spice up for next week. Definitely curious to see what's in store for then.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 20, 2020 10:25 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Green is super sus again, more so than in the previous episode...

...and even more so with the title of the last episode of this season.

If it's not Green, I'm totally lost then.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 20, 2020 10:42 AM

Oct 2018
They can save this show easily: Nana and the dog girl are a couple, that how they can save this train wreck.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 20, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2018
Chee_B said:
Nefelupitou said:
They can save this show easily: Nana and the dog girl are a couple, that how they can save this train wreck.

But anime is legitimately good?

What is considered good, according to Hazard university: romance between girls.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Dec 20, 2020 11:03 AM

Nov 2019
Nana stepped on the pawn, and then realized that she has been a blind pawn to someone's evil plan. Not all talented are bad or is this what Michiru wants you to believe in?

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Dec 20, 2020 11:25 AM

Apr 2020
As Kyoya continues to investigate Ishii's case, the meat of this episode are Nana and Michiru. Our killer taking care of a sickly defenceless victim, NANI?! And staying up until she wakes up, wow this is different.

Damn when Michiru teases Nana's frizzy hair, you know that moment when Mikasa shows her rare smile, that's how I felt when Nana smiled at Michiru (so damn lovely). Also that backstory with Hitomi is painful, knowing that she actually have cancer and was only wearing a wig was a fucking twist to me, geez. And how Michiru was inspired to LICK for the SICK is the tipping point for Nana. Looks like she's about to breakdown and that pretty much gave Nana a character development!
Dec 20, 2020 11:45 AM

May 2018

Nana's adoptive dad, shit why didn't they just show his full description.

Michiru's backstory, so she does have a rather touchy one about her bestie who passed away.

So, who is the person that Jin is talking to, the teacher or a talented that is yet to be introduce, cu'z I don't think the shadow figure is Fuko???
Dec 20, 2020 11:47 AM

Feb 2020
The mystery surrounding Nana's handlers continue to unfold. Wonder what plan they have in stock. Also wondering who slit the animal's necks, perhaps it may be linked how Ryuuji died.

Seems like Nana is beginning to doubt her mission and seeing things in a newer view. Especially with Jin noting that it was simply a device to control Nana.

The story seems to be taking a different route compared to the whodunit cases we've been getting the past 3 quarters of this series. Which is good.
Dec 20, 2020 12:00 PM
Oct 2020
Yes, it was a wholesome episode for Michiru and Nana. A sad background to the formation of Michiru and her friend Hitomi.
It seems that Nana is ready to change her outlook on life.

BUT the question still remains - who is the killer and why? Sorano Fuuko or some Moguo's comrades? Or... are they all in cahoots ?!
Dec 20, 2020 12:23 PM

May 2014
A nice, wholesome episode for the whole family. I am sure nothing bad will ever happen again in this series.
Dec 20, 2020 1:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
On one hand wholesome, but also some pretty important character development for Nana which shows that ultimately she is still quite human as well. And it's pretty clearly implied by now that she's probably just getting manipulated from the beginning. One of the continuous criticisms/questions that I've seen people ask is how the estimated kill counts make any actual sense, but if they were just an intentional lie from the beginning with the purpose of making Nana not feel any empathy when committing her crimes then everything makes sense

Honestly this anime has turned out to be really solid overall. Curious how much it'll go up in MAL score after it ends because I really don't think it deserves to be this low
Dec 20, 2020 1:46 PM

Jun 2020
This anime is AOTS so hard that I'm fucking dying, it's easy AOTY for me tbh
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 20, 2020 2:07 PM

Jul 2016
Really surprised how much I liked this, I expected the anime to be utter trash but hell its pretty good.
Dec 20, 2020 2:33 PM

Dec 2007
5/5.
While I thought it was time to have some student getting killed to follow the current pacing, this episode caught me by surprise. You may think nothing really happened but the character development is really worth it. It's probably necessary for the following episodes. Unfortunately only one left, this deserve 1 or 2 more at least, I don't want to see a rushed ending.

As to who's next to die it's a complete mystery, pls stop spoiling in commentaries, it didn't even occur to me that the scene with Jin could be showing a threat to Michiru's well-being.

Dec 20, 2020 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
very interesting episode, looks like nana's starting to have doubts..
Dec 20, 2020 3:44 PM

May 2020
This episode was really emotional, Michiru's backstory was really sad. It seems by how things are being set up in the Arc that Nana is going to get some sweet development and side against the government, hopefully she does cause they're such bitches for manipulating her. Seems that the PKC is just there so that Nana does not feel bad killing anyone since it would make her believe that she's in the right but those numbers are a lie it seems. Tsurouka... Interested to see who this new guy is. I loved this episode again, another 5/5, this show keeps on surprising me, depending on how they end it next week, this may or not be my AoTS. Either way I still plan on reading the manga.
Dec 20, 2020 3:52 PM

Jun 2017
That was pretty good. I guess Nana will switch sides eventually due to Michiru's influence. Never thought I'd be cheering for a serial killer to turn good. xD
Dec 20, 2020 4:01 PM

Jul 2014
Kouya being suspicious of Nana asking him for acetaminophen for cold. I don't know if it's uncommon in Japan, but in my country it's so common for anyone with a cold to get acetaminophen that everyone over 10 years old knows about it. So him beins suspicious of that looks kinda dumb to me.

It would be different if she asked for something uncommon like atomoxetine but...
Dec 20, 2020 4:16 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, wow, Michiru Inu! Why you had a slobbery backstory? Its really emotional. Its made me shedding a tears so hard like a child xd. Thats her reason why she acted like that. She was truly a kind hearted girl! Currently i feel sorry, for judging her as a dead meat, and stupid character at the previous episode. You were such a sweetheart. Save her, and always be there, Nana!

Then, its time for Nana to changed her mind. This episode officially be a turning point at the major development of Nana's character changes. She might started questioning her orders after that revelations and her direct bonds toward Michiru. Then, yes it was the real thing that she should do rather than killing innocent kids. Err, i mean, some were innocent. But in some cases such as the necromancer, the bullier, its deserved. So, afterall, Nana's logic way of thinking might get hints, something was wrong at her previous acts. Interesting to see that development over the arrival of that 'sensei', whose possibly the real enemy of Nana and the rest of the talented kids, and mostly to Tachibana too. Tsuruoka Sensei, a mystery character that supposed to be a caretaker and master for Nana. I might suggest him as the murderer of Nana's parents. Nana fright against those guy was indeed awakened my curiosity. Why? Together with the next and the last episode title: the revival? Who? Is Michiru gonna sacrificed herself to revive someone, or Tachibana come to help reviving?

Suddenly this show back to be interesting again, after such a lame excuse repetition against the same murder case by Nana and the usual antics. I really hope the last episode bring something fresh to be done. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 20, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2020
For some reason Nana feels something to Michiru and they somehow get along. Will Nana kill her? I think she won't.

And Michiru backstory was quite sad.
Dec 20, 2020 4:30 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
I don't know about you guys, but I was kind of on edge during this episode because of what happened in the last episode, and also because it seems like Michiru's situation made Nana take a step back and hesitate. Hopefully she can come back to how she was, but I feel like it's also important that she keeps that modicum of humanity to her, and that's why I want Michiru to survive because she acts like a good consciousness to Nana and is a trusty ally to have at her side, or at least that's how I see it..>:o>
Dec 20, 2020 4:40 PM

Apr 2019
So we get to see michiru's depressing backstory... Nana becoming a good person now?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

265 by xXx_BeatMeat_xXx »»
May 8, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

131 by TheMaster-- »»
Mar 1, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

284 by sonsofliberty »»
Feb 5, 3:48 PM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.