Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 25, 2020 7:17 AM

Sep 2019
Really looking forward to the next match.
Dec 25, 2020 8:31 PM

Oct 2017
Really enjoyed this match and seeing how much each of them have progressed! I was surprised to hear OP 1 return at the end.

Also, is it just me, or did Akaashi reference the coronavirus (with "norovirus") when talking to Bokuto outside?? I need to go back and double check if I heard that correctly...
Dec 26, 2020 3:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I know that the art/animation was pretty subpar in some moments but goddamn I cant help but loving it anyway.

Gibbe new season plz
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 26, 2020 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
argosblock1 said:
And so..... it ends...

That was a great match. Looking forward to season 5.

argosblock1 said:
And so..... it ends...

That was a great match. Looking forward to season 5.

it will take that it has 5 season.
Dec 27, 2020 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
@AcbSnakeDemon
..if only the production was better. Excluding the outsourced episode 2, the animation was not as good as previous seasons and the art was hit and miss. But not only that, there was also OST misuse(aside from the Miya twins theme playing at the end of episode 1, and the Omnivorous OST playing during Tanaka's cut shot). Episodes seemed to lack cohesion this time around, probably due to the pacing. Overall, it was pretty weird to watch.

@Florent3571
Can't believe that the best written season of Haikyuu is also the worst animated.

I am simply blown away by the writing, so much that I think this match is my favorite simply based on what actually happened and on how much I love Inarizaki as a team, it's why it's such a shame that it was presented in such a boring way most of the time.

I felt like 3 episodes were really awesome when the rest was just plain coloring of manga panels.

These comments sum up my feels for the season pretty good. Maybe my rating is more reflective of the high standards I hold this anime to, but I honestly would've given the season a 5 if it weren't for the last two eps. Thankfully there was actually some great animation in the 11th ep and those Suga teary eyes had me dead. 6/10, plz bring back old animation direction and art style T_T
Limbo-chanDec 27, 2020 6:11 AM
Dec 27, 2020 11:35 AM

Dec 2015
if yall are curious about the next match i def recommend picking up the manga (at around ch 270). the nekoma v karasuno match is peak haikyuu
Dec 27, 2020 11:39 PM
Apr 2013
During the whole arc, I didn't feel anything watching the two edgelord twins. I don't know if the anime fucked it up or the manga. All the other opponents like Team Nekoma, Oikawa and Ushijima were introduced long ago and always had their moments during the show. But this time it was just like: "Oh, hey, that's Atsumu, I forgot to tell you that he's the best setter" and "This is Aran Ojiro, you know that we told you that Bokuto is the third best spiker, but just forget it, this dude's even better"... swallow it... be hyped... game start...

And also why did they interrupt the game after set 1 to tell us about Kenma's backstory. How about tell us before and don't interrupt the fucking game? And what was that completely useless introduction of Tanaka's childhood friend who disappeared and has never been seen after?

TBH: I'm already more hyped for the Nekoma game than during the whole last season

advocatusDec 27, 2020 11:59 PM
Dec 29, 2020 5:29 PM
Oct 2020
I really love this anime and i feel sad because it ends. Are they going to make a movie about the play of karasuno vs. Nekoma. I'm looking forward to that fight and i hope they're going to animate the whole manga. Especially the play between Kageyama and Hinata.
Jan 10, 2021 5:25 AM

Jan 2015
That was really a great season and really the build up to Nekoma vs Karasuno is magnificent! Can't wait for the next season!
Jan 19, 2021 2:47 AM

Aug 2009
what a mess of a season, nekoma's episodes in the middle of karasuno match....i know the mangaka did it too but it still feels out of place and kinda abrupt.

some few memorable moments, but the rest is basicaly the same reused scenes i've seen since s1, IG doesn't give a F about this show or they're too lazy
Jan 27, 2021 9:08 PM
Jan 2021
what an interesting match looking forward to the trash can battle!
Feb 2, 2021 6:44 PM

Jul 2011
People complain about the visuals way too much. I agree that the first 2 episodes were really offputting and felt like the budget had gone down the drain but as for the rest, I thought they were very good. The mangaka has some really wacky art sometimes during intense play and it was obvious they were just trying to be faithful to the manga. For me, the 3rd episode was really amazing getting to finally have something centered around Tanaka and I feel like that standard held up throughout.
Of course, I'm not a manga reader so I can't compare it to the source material but for an anime watcher, I felt like episodes 3-13 lived up to my expectations.
At least it's not CGI Titans, eh.
Feb 13, 2021 4:48 AM
Dec 2018
Ii felt Good when The First Season OP (Imagination-SPYAIR) Started to Play with glimpses of Karasuno-Nekoma Rivalry & Their Journey.
Feb 14, 2021 8:52 PM

Sep 2018
Yes, Miya brothers lose but it's a good flight indeed. I'm so proud with Karasuno!! I can't wait for Karasuno vs Nekoma fight >,<

I love this season 9/10. Intense fight, every character get their shine moments, I don't know why people complain so much about the animation but it's still look good.. it's still Haikyuu!! ❤❤❤ can't wait for next season~~~
Feb 25, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2012
Many people have brought up having issues with the animation, but for me that wasn't anything new. Haikyuu's recycled a lot of its animation (especially serves and receives) for a long time now. The way I see it, having shoddy new animation alongside recycled ones just exacerbated an existing problem.

The pacing was also really off for much of the season. That one guy and his girlfriend had an entire conversation while the ball was in the air at one point, and the constant flashbacks broke any flow the match could've had until the last few episodes. Atsumu's personality also seemed to be all over the place at times.

With all that being said, the show still pulled me into the match and delivered enough great moments for it to be an overall enjoyable experience. Definitely excited to see the match against Nekoma, as that will also have a lot more bearing on the overall narrative.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Mar 1, 2021 5:54 PM
Jul 2020
Awwww. You go Karasuno!!!! I’m so hyped for a season five.
Why did no one tell me to watch Haikyuu!! Sooner?!
Apr 13, 2021 1:48 PM
Apr 2021
ahh the character development, the tension, everything... such Nan amazing season, cant wait for season 5
May 3, 2021 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending to a good season.

It had a few good moments but overall it was just alright, the animation was nothing special, not as good as what we've seen before.
Same with the first half of "To the Top" it was just an alright season.

I actually kinda enjoyed the backstories on some of these characters too, sure it took us way too many times out of the match but I'd rather see it inbetween the match than after or before.
Almost every characters got their highlights too which was a plus.
May 25, 2021 2:40 PM

Oct 2013
Nice build up season, can't wait for The face-off between The crow and The cat

8/10
Jun 3, 2021 4:40 AM

Apr 2021
Well that's the end of this season....The boys are now rejuvenated and excited for their next match which is gonna be against Nekoma i.e. "The battle of the Garbage Dump" is gonna happen....that being said they played the season 1 op which was a perfect thing to do.....Can't wait for the next season....Till then Imma be calm and wait

Jul 14, 2021 2:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I always had the impression that to the top was super trash compared to the previous 3 seasons. The first half of the first cour kind of confirmed my impressions, it really felt like a drag compared to the well-paced and fast-paced haikyuu we've gotten used to. But I guess something a bit slower was needed to brace for the insanity that is the nationals. Although this "break" I found to be pretty boring. It could have lightened up a bit. But the instant we are shown the stadium in which the nationals would be taking place, it shifted into high gear instantaneously.

And now we're here in the 2nd cour of to the top, or rather, we have just finished it lol. I was going to say that the backstory aspect was more strong here than in previous games, but I think that only applies to the two episodes that were dedicated to the nekoma game vs another ultimate defending team. Otherwise, it really is again just straight up high octane volleyball. And after finishing it, I can quite confidently say that I actually enjoyed this game more than shiratorizawa, forgive me if I spelled that wrong which I probably did. Anyway, I actually didn't find shiratorizawa's team that compelling either than of course ushikawa dangit I can't spell, who is a beast. But even then I felt like they nerfed him during the actual game from all the hype that was building up to him. Karasuno needed to beat them to advance to the nationals, after all. Anyway, as a whole, I do like inarizaki as a team more. And I kind of spoiled it for myself already, but I am indeed actually

It was a load of fun, and I was pleasantly surprised by it, as again, I was expecting an absolute dumpster fire that did not live up to the haikyuu name that it had developed for itself. But thankfully, to me at least, this was some real damn good haikyuu as we have come to expect from it. So this aired in late 2020, and I have caught up on it now quite easily. All these seasons literally felt like a breeze that just went by. Now begins the waiting game. Getting on the train of waiting for some form of announcement that the next chapters of haikyuu are being adapted.

For now though, since I again spoiled for myself pretty much the outcomes of all their future games, might as well pick up the manga. Leaving Haikyuu: To The Top part 2 with a 7/10.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 9, 2021 4:47 PM

Aug 2019
Loved this episode, it was a great wrap-up! I teared up when the first op started playing. So hyped up for Karasuno vs Nekoma, really can't wait for season 5!!

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Oct 20, 2021 3:56 AM

Mar 2021
love it!!!!!!! 9/10 <333

now it's vs nekoma next, it's true that nekoma 'sounds' weaker than karasuno
i'd probably read the manga
Nov 7, 2021 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
Good season, but these matches still don't beat the Shiratorizawa or Aoba Johsai matches. I'm glad the guys learned some new tricks by the end of this, but it still feels like they are always making similar mistakes ever since the beginning. With the other matches it felt like an actual peak in terms of development, while these ones take a step forward but still take one back as well. Hopefully the last 1-2 matches they have in this tournament is worth it. I'm glad they are against a more iconic team who know enough already. It helped a lot with Aoba as well back then.

It's terrible how much the animation dropped though. I know it's closer to the manga (which is already ugly in my opinion), but that doesn't excuse poor animation and looney toones like drawings, there weren't as many cool and beautiful shots as the previous seasons.

Overall this gets an 8 like the first part, in comparison to the 9s of the previous seasons.
Feb 9, 2022 8:27 PM

May 2018
Using the first opening from season one was the best choice ever, like amazing.
Feb 28, 2022 10:11 AM

Feb 2009
Oh no, there isn't any more? D: It's been over a year but they still haven't announced S5?
Aug 2, 2022 11:16 AM
Jan 2021
All I can say is... I WANT MORE!

DOES HINATA FINALLY BECOME ANOTHER TINY GIANT?! DO KARASUNO WIN THE NATIONALS?! DOES ATSUMU GET HIS WISH TO SET FOR HINATA?!?!?

THERE IS SO MUCH I WANT TO SEE! I HOPE THERE'S A NEW SEASON SOON!
Sep 23, 2022 10:32 AM
Jun 2021
super cool i liked hinata foda
Oct 14, 2022 5:27 PM
Jan 2019
enjoyed these series finale, but im confused as to are we not going to see all the other matches? or is karasuno just gonna lose to nekoma in the movie finale, hopefully not but truly enjoyed this series
Oct 24, 2022 8:06 PM

Mar 2015
so i just binged the whole season and im happy to get my haikyuu fix
Oct 26, 2022 4:58 PM
Apr 2020
last part got me thrilled for the sequel
Oct 26, 2022 9:15 PM
Jan 2021
great way to end the season
Nov 20, 2022 4:57 AM

Dec 2010
So sad this is where the good adaptation ends... friggin movies man.

I wonder if I've now finished watching all good sports anime out there. It might be time to start reading manga.
Dec 3, 2022 2:49 PM
Dec 2022
PT-BR

me deixou com muita vontade de assistir a terceira temporada,fiquei muito curioso, amei ❤
Dec 14, 2022 8:33 PM
Oct 2020
Emotional for fans, entertaining for casual viewers
Feb 7, 2023 3:47 PM

Mar 2019
YES THEY DID IT, THEY PLAYED THE FIRST OPENING AS THE ENDING SONG!! I'll never stop loving this move, it's just so good and it always fits perfectly!

Definitely a strong season despite a couple of weird episodes, mainly thanks to the match and the hype, but the animation was also good at the right moments.

Now, Kita's speech at the end was probably the most emotional in this season, especially how the twins responded. AND I'm still curious why Atsumu said that to Hinata, does he think they will choose Hinata as well for the next Japan Youth Training Camp? Or is there something more to it?

However, I still think Shiratorizawa was a harder team to play against and in terms of emotions and hype, the 2nd match against Aoba Josai is still the best, but this was still amazing.

I'm really looking forward to the match against Nekoma, that ending gave me chills, I really hope they'll make it a masterpiece because it surely will be an intense match even if Nekoma isn't the best team in Japan. Kenma actually trying will surely make a big difference. I really can't wait for it!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 13, 2023 2:49 AM
May 2020
good and masterpiece for this anime

Mar 13, 2023 7:47 PM
Jan 2021
uwu......................................
May 27, 2023 12:53 PM
Aug 2022
lol akashi and bokuto is like an old couple
Jul 2, 2023 2:46 AM
Oct 2020
amazing , wish to see more of karasuno and the other teams
Jul 24, 2023 8:49 AM
Jun 2020
Rewatch~

This season is so ugly, really. But I still love it only because I love Haikyuu~ lol (love is blind).
Everytime I see Hinata awake and excited in that futon while everyone is resting, my heart saddens a little. Please Hinata, go to sleep, get that rest.
 Also I don't know how they can squeeze in the nekoma match and everything after in just a 2 episodes movie. 
Aug 29, 2023 6:34 AM

Dec 2007
well, that finishes this match. finally.

lol how they laughed at themself when watching on TV xD

of course we will get fanservice <3

while i know that there's sequel movies, putting the very first opening at the ending like this made me feel this is the end of the anime.

--

now, before getting to the bone of this season, i wanna express my feeling about inarizaki match.
it's not that i didn't liked it or anything, but except for the fact that it dragged for too long, i felt a lot of missing from karasuno.
the way i see it, the peak of haikyuu was the shiratorizawa match. it was powerhouse team against karasuno, a recipe to true struggling. in the end though, karasuno won against shiratorizawa's stength mainly due their unique strategy, and tsukishima's development. karasuno's win is justified in any scale.
so what happened with inarizaki?
first of all, the length of karasuno and shiratorizawa is justified, because it was 5 set match, so 10 episodes? that was fine.
inarizaki was regular 2 set match, so why it had to be almost the same? (the match started in ep13 in the first part, and apart from 2 episodes starring nekoma match, apart from last episode, this whole season was karasuno vs inarizaki. so total - 10 episodes. exactly the same as shiratorizawa).
and more than that, it seems that karasuno forget how they shut out shiratorizawa defense for most of the time. sure, inarizaki was little different. but in any way i see it, shiratorizawa felt much stronger. where had gone tsukishima's defense development? he had managed to block oikawa's shots, why here not? sure, he had his moments, but it felt that he didn't tried hard as in shiratorizawa match. yes, we got hinata training fruits development, and that was awesome and all. but all in all, karasuno's play felt underwhelming compare to what they offered at shiratorizawa match.
it's also come to the fact that inarizaki haven't been foreshadowed the same that shiratorizawa were. the anime just said "they are the 2nd best in the country". well, that's awesome and all, but their strength wasn't foreshadowed the same as shiratorizawa.
in many ways, i feel the anime should just ended with karasuno win over shiratorizawa. mainly because shiratorizawa was powerhouse team the were recognized with. after win them, karasuno should have been strong enough to deal with inarizaki. if it weren't for more dramatic, i feel they should have won the third set easily. but no, the match went straight for the dramatic deuce this anime love so much, and with karasuno miracle winning, again.
do not get me wrong, i enjoyed this match a lot. but in a way, shiratorizawa match felt as the peak of the anime. inarizaki was dragged too much for it's own good, and karasuno should have struggled less.

production wise, this season part wasn't the best.
apart from pace being off, the inconsistent direction and animation really bite this season quality.
without considering the first part, this was the weakest part of this anime, both in plot as i said above, and both in production. it doesn't mean it wasn't good, but comparing to other seasons, it was just the worst.
7/10 for this part.

as for season 4, part 1 was probably the best part of the anime, with the best training arc.
8.5/10 for whole season 4 (9/10 for first part)
Oct 2, 2023 6:58 PM

Feb 2014
Awww mannnnn that was sooo fucking good, I cannot wait for Karasuno vs Nekoma!!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Oct 29, 2023 10:44 AM
Jul 2017
i WANTED TO SEE THE LITTLE GIANT make an appearance.

let's see how the rest of the tournament goes
Nov 23, 2023 12:42 PM

Jan 2021
Great episode, it's weird now that I just have to wait for movie to come out...
Dec 7, 2023 2:51 PM
Sep 2020
Best character building and team dynamic i have ever seen.
Jan 2, 2:20 AM
Mar 2020
I love Haikyuu, and it was nice watching the anime style get progressively better.
Feb 24, 8:36 AM
Jun 2019
so excited for the next season. It's hard to wait so long for it. already watch all seasons 3 times...
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

214 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

159 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2020

94 by vit_ »»
Feb 21, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

160 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

103 by SHS13 »»
Feb 15, 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.