Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The stakes are just so high for this match. Every single player had their eyes and feelings at their highest peak this episode.

Match also had great soundtrack and the momentum of that ball was on sync. It's amazing how every moments from this episode captured the elements of gameplay for both teams. Karasuno deserves all the respet for their hard work.
Dec 11, 2020 9:53 AM

Mar 2019
Very good game, GOOD JOB HINATA stay strong
Awesome episode once again, gorgeous animation
Im with a colleague on the phone we both loved it, I wish I could work there too...
Dec 11, 2020 9:58 AM

Nov 2007
Setter guy was frustrated because he doesn't want to lose to main guy.

time lagging attack?

Very long last point.

Main guy, again, reminding everyone else to slow down. Miyu-Miyu's character trying to hold his cry like a mother is so cute.

Wow @ main two blocking twin's attack. They won.

Finale next at 26:35
tsubasaloverDec 11, 2020 10:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 11, 2020 12:00 PM

Nov 2016
Amazing save from Tsukki and captain.

Was a great match overall, especially the last couple of episodes had me on the edge.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 11, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2019
Wow, what a great way to end this match. How Karasuno got the last point was done so well. Also, Hinata man....Hinata’s character development is showing!

Dec 11, 2020 12:12 PM

Aug 2020
AH the game is finally over, that was pretty amazing
Dec 11, 2020 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
Great game, finally over. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time
Dec 11, 2020 12:17 PM
Nov 2014
Wonderful episode! Superub soundtrack.

However, I did have my issues with some of the animation quality in this episode again.
Dec 11, 2020 12:20 PM

Sep 2018
This point, This match, This episode.....It's perfect!
well that's just my opinion.....
Dec 11, 2020 12:22 PM

May 2020
IM CRYING SO ARE YOU. IM INTERNALLY SCREAMING IM IN TEARS I- I'm feeling really sad for Inarazaki but GOOD JOB MY BABY CROWNS ILY ALL. This episode was really hyping, so emotional yet exciting. I wonder what's going to happen in the next ep
Dec 11, 2020 12:23 PM
Jan 2019
I WAS SCREAMING THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE FUCKING EPISODE
Dec 11, 2020 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
Man. I really did not want the match to end yet. I really wanted it to continue a little longer. At the same time I did not want Inarizaki to lose... damn. I knew I would cry hard when a team would lose because I ended loving both of them. Man. I wish I would cry next week because that is the finale... and the foreshadowing match to come for Karasuno themselves. I swear if they do not announce another season for next year I am really going to lose it.
Dec 11, 2020 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
Maybe the soundtrack at the end should take it slow too, it's like I'm listening to the nightcore version of soundtrack. But otherwise, this is good climax of the match (but doesn't reach a new high yet, many previous battles had better climax)

Kageyama and Hinata have the final touch of the ball, marriage confirmed????
Dec 11, 2020 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
Well, now we know where the missing animation budget wandered off to.
Dec 11, 2020 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
holy crap! that was epic
Dec 11, 2020 12:32 PM
Sep 2018
Bro they cut out my favorite line in all of Haikyuu.
"I'm sorry Hinata, from now on I won't call you a fluke."
Dec 11, 2020 12:33 PM
Sep 2018
Bro they cut out my favorite line in all of Haikyuu.
"I'm sorry Hinata, from now on I won't call you a fluke."
Dec 11, 2020 12:35 PM

Aug 2017
jeeeez, these episodes are full of moments for each character. It's incredible to watch it unfold, often rewatch some of the best scenes after the episode ended.
We are only here for a short amount of time, I want to waste as much of that time possible doing nonsense
Dec 11, 2020 12:37 PM
Oct 2012
Question for you guys, didnt Karasuno touch the ball 4 times at one point? Isnt that not allowed? It went from Tsuki Ball Touch, to Tanaka guy, to Kageyama to Azumane scoring?
Dec 11, 2020 12:40 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, what an episode. The suspense wasn't good for my heart. We all knew that Karasuno would win in the end but that didn't stop the excitement. That last part with Hinata and Kageyama was intense.

They better announce a new season after next week's episode.

Dec 11, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
this episode had me so pumped up. finally Karasuno won. HinaKage's block was POETIC; the Karasuno quick attack duo blocking the Inarazaki quick attack duo

side note- i loved Kageyama's face after doing his setter dump x) no more mr. "goody-two shoes"
Dec 11, 2020 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
What an intense episode. Characters, animation, tension, all were well built up. Also, Hinata and Kageyama's character development is truly remarkable. To me, this is why Haikyuu is one of the best animes out there.
Dec 11, 2020 12:50 PM

Mar 2015
You already know its about to go down when they roll up the opening first thing into the episode.

Hands down best episode.. Can't believe how good this episode was, IT WAS SO FUCKING INTENSE HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Hinata's impact on these last few episodes is insane, the development was crazy not only for Hinata but for others as well.

"Everyone was surprised... but we weren't". That last point was predictable as the built up made it seem possible for at least Hinata to go up against the hit, but it was still goddamn beautiful and nerve-wracking holy shit FUCKKKKKK!!!! This episode really got me in the head, it was so damn fun to watch!!

"We don't need any miracles". That line also really hit it off for me, I feel like it shows how everybody in the team knows how strong they are and are confident in their abilities. I love it.

Also, these moments are just beautiful.

Dec 11, 2020 12:50 PM
Apr 2019
this was SO intense i could barely breathe. omfg. i still have goosebumps. WHAT AN EPISODE. WHAT A MATCH. WHAT A SEASON. I FUCKIN LOVE HAIKYUU.
Dec 11, 2020 12:53 PM

Oct 2017
That was an INTENSE episode!!! Kagehina's block at the end I HONESTLY STARTED CRYING PLEASE and just the overall character development for both Kageyama and Hinata...man, this anime is in a league of its own.
I had been a little disappointed with the animation for the first few episodes of this season but this one single episode more than made up for all of it. Amazing, amazing episode!!

Dec 11, 2020 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
Epic episode, intense all the way through. I was on the edge of me seat the whole way cheering for Karasuno.

Kageyama with that epic jump toss and the setter dump, absolute madman. I love his smirk to Hinata proclaiming he won. xD

Teared up when Hinata made that high ball. Tsukki trusting Hinata was a fantastic scene too. Overall, the whole things was just glorious.
Kageyama and Hinata duo blocking the Miya twins quick was beautiful.

Absolutely masterful stuff, this is what I love to see. Congratulations to the boys from Karasuno for their well deserved, hard fought win.
Dec 11, 2020 12:57 PM

May 2016
What heck was that animation after 19:00?!?!?!?!
as much as I liked the episode this throw me off, these moments you want your quality as high as possible but looking at the faces it throw away my hype into the trash can.

gave it a recheck and realized it was only around 30 seconds or less guess I let enjoyment go away just like that... screw who animated this small part.

RaizelDec 11, 2020 1:12 PM
Dec 11, 2020 12:58 PM

Apr 2018
Ngl this episode was fucking amazing. First episode this season I actually got hyped watching.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Dec 11, 2020 1:00 PM

May 2018
This episode was brilliant.
Intense action and gorgeous animation with cool angles gave my chills.

The final rally was the best. Hinata receive that put the whole team back together was beautiful, then Tsukki and Daichi saving the ball and finally.. final block from Kageyama and Hinata against Twin's quick.. man this was absolutely amazing.
HikalynnDec 11, 2020 1:05 PM
Dec 11, 2020 1:01 PM

Sep 2019
The season-long match finally came to an end. This episode and previous one was great, I don’t even want to talk about the rest of this season (that’s how much I disliked it). Great episode.
Dec 11, 2020 1:04 PM

Mar 2020
What a great episode ngl! :D

Dec 11, 2020 1:13 PM

Feb 2020
OMG!!! What a beautiful episode, Everything was just great!!! loved it!!!
Dec 11, 2020 1:16 PM
Jun 2020
Goosebumps episode . Loved the game focus and battle of the points. Awaiting next season right away for a good game.
Dec 11, 2020 1:29 PM
Aug 2020
oh my god-
this was, so emotional for me. I sat there bawling my eyes out because i remembered all their development and everything theyve been through. Memories of my own athletic career flashed before my eyes. 10/10, amazing, i love it.
things really picked up the last part of this season huh?
Dec 11, 2020 1:31 PM
Aug 2020
uchiha-hime said:
That was an INTENSE episode!!! Kagehina's block at the end I HONESTLY STARTED CRYING PLEASE and just the overall character development for both Kageyama and Hinata...man, this anime is in a league of its own.
I had been a little disappointed with the animation for the first few episodes of this season but this one single episode more than made up for all of it. Amazing, amazing episode!!

I WAS BAWLING MY EYES OUT MY MOM HEARD ME AND GOT WORRIED

also the kagehina power <3
Dec 11, 2020 1:31 PM

Apr 2009
I was a bit bummed out with the last few episodes, but maaaan this one more than makes up for that. 5/5, would tenderly ace serve again.

Dec 11, 2020 1:35 PM

May 2019
lol they seriously used the same Atsumu’s cool “silencing the band with one hand before serving” animation again and again this season lol.

Kags’ dump was obvious this time tho.

Ah, finally, the long match ended. I’ll be honest I’m not a fan of matches that take a whole season. This was way too slow. And even though I liked the match overall, it still was not as thrilling as Seijoh or Shiratorizawa matches of the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

One more episode to go. Nekoma awaits.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 11, 2020 1:43 PM

Mar 2018
Shouldn't have looked at the staff list cuz there was an absurd amount of great animator on the ep and I think the episode didn't really live up to my expectations, that's on me I'm stupid.

So ear me out, I love the story it tolds and I adore Inarizaki as a team, they're definetly up there in term of player I didn' want to see lose, and that Kageyama/Hinata block was amazing.

BUT, in term of Haikyuu climaxes, considering the staff that was on the ep, I can't help but being disappointed, the camera work was good, but the animation wasn't THAT impressive. And while by this season's standards the episode is definetly special, in the whole series, it's rather unimpressive.

Soooo i guess that's on me for being a sakugatard and hyping myself up for no reason. With this match over I don't think can give it the 7 I was hoping for. Might switch to the manga if S5 is of the same caliber.
Florent3571Dec 11, 2020 2:37 PM
Dec 11, 2020 1:45 PM
Apr 2018
AnDEh said:
Question for you guys, didnt Karasuno touch the ball 4 times at one point? Isnt that not allowed? It went from Tsuki Ball Touch, to Tanaka guy, to Kageyama to Azumane scoring?
the block doesn't count as a touch on the volleyball
Dec 11, 2020 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Jesus these last few episodes have been insane and incredible. I may be sounding like a broken record at this point but I'll say once more, having a full episode of just volleyball action with no flashbacks interrupting the flow of the match does wonders in terms of how invested I get. My eyes literally glued to the screen, the episode feeling like it's only 5 minutes long, and even though this result was expected, my heart was still racing and I could feel the tension and nervousness swelling inside me as both teams traded points to try and be the one to claim victory. I even teared up a little when that final point was scored lol. This match as a whole may not have always been the greatest, but this episode made this last part of the match such an amazing experience.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 11, 2020 1:53 PM
Jul 2019
THIS EPISODE WAS THE BEST BY FAR
The animation and the intensity was just PERFECT!
I cant wait for next week sdhal;kg

honestly loved it overall! cant wait for the final episode (which is honestly sad to see this season come and go D: )
Dec 11, 2020 2:02 PM
Aug 2020
The way they did everything made this episode so freakkkking good. The best of the season so far :)
Dec 11, 2020 2:06 PM

Jul 2017
Gotta say, I hadn't disliked the previous season with the new style but this match has really clinched it for me. I have no dislike for it whatsoever. I had goosebumps the last 3 episodes, not even afraid to admit I was crying tears of joy at the end of this one. Excellent match. That moment when Hinata and Kageyama shut down their own copied quick to win the match was just, perfection.
Dec 11, 2020 2:11 PM
Apr 2018
Woooow, that last twins quick attack looked NASTY. LET'S GO KAGEHINA!!!

Ngl, at some point, after dragging the match point so many times, the episode looked boring but it was, overall, still exciting.
Dec 11, 2020 2:21 PM
Jun 2020
Yes, it's was fire!!! So good this ep!!
Dec 11, 2020 2:24 PM

Aug 2017
Great episode. Was hyped till the end of the game. When the action is present everything is smooth sailing.
Dec 11, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2020
This episode gave me chills...the entire episode...dang was this episode great!

The final rally, the rally that decides it all, the moment everyone wants to see was displayed beautify!!

What a crazy game...11 episodes of ups and downs and we have finally reached the end of the game in Karasuno's victory!! Well deserved win!!

Breathtaking episode :)

Dec 11, 2020 2:27 PM

Feb 2017
Fuck! This was so good! Last few episodes were so exciting, this one might be my favorite of the year even. When Sugawara started to cry, I almost did as well. Rare are the shows which manage to make you feel this way.
Dec 11, 2020 2:40 PM
Dec 2018
Raizel said:
What heck was that animation after 19:00?!?!?!?!
as much as I liked the episode this throw me off, these moments you want your quality as high as possible but looking at the faces it throw away my hype into the trash can.

gave it a recheck and realized it was only around 30 seconds or less guess I let enjoyment go away just like that... screw who animated this small part.

this is Takashi Mukouda style. that's nothing wrong with it lol. He was the main animator in the final rally.

And it's really looks like the manga

[/quote]
Dec 11, 2020 2:43 PM

Mar 2016
amazing episodes recently!

had me screaming and crying, i didn't think they could do it but they really pulled out all the stops <3

i really love this show!

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Captain_Rogers - Dec 18, 2020

197 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

159 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2020

94 by vit_ »»
Feb 21, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

160 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

103 by SHS13 »»
Feb 15, 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.