3It was OK
7.1%
2Disliked it
2.1%
1Hated it
2.7%
Average 4.5
338 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2020 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the mind games between Nana and Kyouya one again makes its way into this episode.

All the psychological twists aside, it seems Kirara is also someone to watch out for. It's really hard to trust anyone in this show tbh.
Nov 22, 2020 5:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well it was pretty intelligent for Nana to kill that venom girl and to accuse her of killing her friend but Kyouya is clearly a genius.
She's in a very bad situation because of the phone, I don't know if he will actually find the phone in Nana's pocket, I can't wait to see the next episode to know.
Nov 22, 2020 6:14 AM

Nov 2019
As far as I can remember, I’ve never been more psyched to see the new episode just because of this cliffhanger ending. Damn, this series may have its flaws, but it knows how to keep me on the edge of my seat every time something happens between Nana and Kyouya.
Nov 22, 2020 6:25 AM

Jul 2017
Back to the Talented vs. Talentless psychological warfare, the final run, Part 1.

Habu eating snakes for an ability? Well that was an easy double gal kill (plus Kaori) for Nana, and hiding her tracks from Kyouya is all the more important as ever while taking everyone else for a ride to get rid of potential evidence.

Even Michiru's innocence while helping to find leads...she is a "watchdog"?

But it pretty much proves Kyouya's case that his genius mentality shines through the farce of Nana's serial killings through the 1st half of the series. PLOT EXPOSED? We'll just have to see!

Very intense episode!
Nov 22, 2020 6:30 AM

Apr 2014
This episode is really Among us one. Someone found the corpse then call an emergency meeting, everyone gathers and start to find the sus.

Nana is in a bad situation, again and again, almost every episode. I've wondered what Kyouya will find inside the pocket, maybe it's something else other than the cellphone, and what Nana will do for making her escape from this situation.

何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 22, 2020 6:34 AM

Sep 2019
Kyouya finally used his brain and tried to prove that Nana's the killer with some "evidence". I don't think Habu's phone is in Nana's pocket but I'm glad Kyouya made some effort and cornered Nana. The previous episodes were repetitive and boring imo, this episode was better than the rest. I hope "Nana kills dumb kids" plot won't come back, or at least I want the "talented" people to get a little smarter.
Nov 22, 2020 6:43 AM

Oct 2017
Nana should kill that blonde bitch first, she has one freaking role and it's to whine every 5 sec, so annoying.

Kyouya knows it all and he finally cornered Nana but I'm sure that was part of Nana's plan. She already ditched the mobile somehow.
Nov 22, 2020 6:49 AM
Mar 2016

This is not as smart as death note. All others have to be stupid except 1 for this show to work.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.
Xion69Nov 23, 2020 5:19 PM
Happy watching
Nov 22, 2020 6:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Holy shit that got tense af at the end

I'd still reckon the phone probably isn't in her pocket because then it'd most likely be game over for Nana, but there are too many episodes left for that to happen. But she's clearly being cornered at least
Nov 22, 2020 7:14 AM

Apr 2020
There it is! Kyoya finally pinned Nana in the emergency meeting! After swiftly killing Habu and Kaori, Nana tries to trick the other Talented from the true events that happened. But because Kyoya has been keeping his eye at Nana for the whole time, and with Nana letting her guard down for just a second, he has hit the mark!

Michiru, Mogou, Seiya among others are witness. And Nana having the evidences in plain sight is trapped by Kyoya's influence. Will this be the end for Nana's killing spree or will something miraculously save her from Kyoya's grasp (tbh the latter seems impossible now). This episode pretty much covered the weak ass Episode 6 & 7. Those two episodes brought the show down to where it started and Ep.8 pretty much rebounded the show IN A BIG WAY.

This episode kept me on edge all throughout. One mistake after another, the dominoes have truly collapsed on Nana. And Kyouya after weeks of hesitation and painstakingly mental thinking has got the target. This has to be the best episode since the 5th one. And with the cliffhanger that was so BRUTAL, I'm really excited for what's to come!!!
raiderublazeNov 22, 2020 7:17 AM
Nov 22, 2020 7:17 AM

Jul 2015
Okay..that was waaay to intense..
i almost puked cuz of i could feel my meal flowing to my mouth..
really doubt that Nana is gonna get caught but holy shit! Kyoya is a smartass! dude reminds me of L and somehow doesn't at the sem time..
Nov 22, 2020 7:26 AM

Jun 2020
Fuck fuck fuck fuck AOTS I don't give a fuck what you say, I lie on my bed while watching this show and yet I always fucking feel like I'm sitting on air, this shit is fucking intense and I love every second of it, ah *orgasm noises*

That moment when Nana said "Son of a bitch.. he knows everything" I fucking came for my buddy Kyouya not even gonna say no homo anymore, what a fucking chad. Also can't stress enough how much I love every episode ending in a cliffhanger and the ED music starting before the visuals ahahaahhaaha what a fucking show
spectrojanNov 22, 2020 7:49 AM
This anime shit is addictive
Nov 22, 2020 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
Another Sunday comes, and another great and action packed episode. Can't wait for next week.
Nov 22, 2020 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
That was quite the tense episode, especially the last part. Kyouya clearly is a genius to figure out Nana's plans. Too bad we'll have to wait next week to find out what happens next.

Nov 22, 2020 7:43 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
This episodes shows that Kyouya knew long ago, that Nana is the real culprit. The major problem was to get a fitting evidence to corner Nana.

This time he set her up, but I am afraid that this will not work out. Nana could easily mess with the date of the phones to make her plan bullet proof. She did not have to wait for the right moment. You can still set the time manually and she could have change the time of the phone again, before everyone arrived at the crime scene.
Nov 22, 2020 7:47 AM

Mar 2020
Wow, someone actually used their brain...congratulations!!

Nov 22, 2020 7:52 AM

Jun 2019
Thank you, Kyouya for that. Expose her.
Nov 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Nov 2016
Xion69 said:
Nothing is going to happen to nana next episode. 5 more episodes still left. Her identity will be revealed in last 2-3 episodes.

Nakajima gotta make a comeback as well or I will be disappointed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 22, 2020 7:57 AM

May 2014
White calls emergency meeting.

Every showdown needs:
- The over-the-top color-coded faces, of course.
- Dramatic music. It was actually really spot on this time.
- Dramatic wind indoors.

I also like the dramatized "cardboard theater" version of the murders. “Then she waltzed innocently into class,” with stereotypical girly walk. Charming.

It is also hilarious when she promises an antidote and opens her empty palm, followed by a twitch on Habu's face.

"Not a bad plot twist... for a manga."
Nov 22, 2020 8:00 AM

Aug 2018
Wait, i Have a theory. Do you guys think that the corpse with the twintails that Nana used to trick Yuka last episode in the shed is Kyoya's sister? Because they mention this episode that Kyoya's sister may be among the corpses so its possible that was her corpse. Kyoya mentioned in one of the earlier episodes that his sister looked liked her so there is a connection there. Just food for thought
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Nov 22, 2020 8:21 AM

May 2014
Xion69 said:
This is not as smart as death note. All others have to be stupid except 1 for this show to work.
That is literally how Death Note works.

How is Light smart anyway? He hands out mountains of incriminating information for no reason even when simple inaction would work better and relies on astronomically unlikely predictions coming true. A Death Note owner should realistically never get cornered, period.

L also hands out free info and relies on unreliable guesses based on vague psychological profiling and so on.

Why are we pretending that Death Note has god-tier tactics, again? Hasn't it been debunked over and over again? It is smart compared to maybe 90 % of anime, sure, but that is a low bar and this show also easily passes it.
Nov 22, 2020 8:24 AM

Oct 2020
I think Nana put the phone somehow in Kyoya's pocket so he will be made a killer or Nana could've simply toss the phone away from window when she opened it we will see next week im hyped!
処刑課師匠
Nov 22, 2020 9:09 AM

Nov 2014
Tbh she had this coming. She was way too obvous when picking targets. I'm sure he won't find that phone in her pocket now, but there has to be some turn in her strategy after that - she can't just go back to her everyday killing as if nothing happened.
Nov 22, 2020 9:10 AM

Jun 2016
god damn this anime is the best !!!

Nov 22, 2020 9:42 AM

Feb 2019
This and Majo no Tabitabi are locked in a very tight 2nd best show of the season race rn and depending on my mood/day I’ve got either one in that spot.

Another 10/10 episode and perfect adaptation. Kyoya and Nana’s mind games this chapter were great and the anime did an awesome job of capturing them, the voice acting and music brought it to life. I loved seeing how shook Nana was when Kyoya was breaking down all of her excuse barriers one by one.

Personally for me, Habu and Kaori’s deaths were the two I cared least about. They were bullies and pretty irrelevant.

Can’t wait for next ep. New chapter just dropped this week too so we’re eating good.
Nov 22, 2020 9:52 AM

Jun 2017
Nana probably foresaw this and has the phone elsewhere. Still it's gonna be hard to weasel out of this one, fire and ice dude could even remove her on the spot if things go wrong. lol
Nov 22, 2020 10:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, that was an intense second half right there! Kyouya, it took you long enough ffs lol.

Nan's little mistake there confirming his suspicion and the phone justifying his suspicion was awesome to watch unveil, honestly. I've face-palming over much of the previous episodes but this certainly got me nail-biting somewhere along the way, props to the Staff and the VA for nailing it.

Pretty sure the phone isn't in her pocket though but I reckon this should at least serve to open the minds for some of the other students. How'll Nana continue this kill count after this event will be interesting to watch, for one.

Yup, cannot wait for next week! Pretty good Moriaty episode followed by this gem, Sundays sure are great for some mystery psychology this season.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 22, 2020 10:14 AM
May 2016
IT'S FINALLY HERE! I've been waiting for this episode for a good few days now, and IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Great episode, the tactics of both sides have been exquisite, with Kyoya finally getting the upper hand seemingly, though there's gotta be a way out of this.

Perhaps the phone had a timer set for when the text would be sent, and Nana kept placing her hands in her pockets to throw Kyoya off, or maybe the ones who trust Nana will speak out for her despite the evidence.

How is Nana going to bullsh*t her way out of this, I can't wait to find out.

I will say the enemies of humanity argument has grown old, I know everyone else has been convinced that they're real, and are paranoid that they may be hiding away somewhere, which makes the argument strong enough for them, but my god it's gotten old
Nov 22, 2020 10:17 AM
May 2016
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Xion69 said:
That is literally how Death Note works.

How is Light smart anyway? He hands out mountains of incriminating information for no reason even when simple inaction would work better and relies on astronomically unlikely predictions coming true. A Death Note owner should realistically never get cornered, period.

L also hands out free info and relies on unreliable guesses based on vague psychological profiling and so on.

Why are we pretending that Death Note has god-tier tactics, again? Hasn't it been debunked over and over again? It is smart compared to maybe 90 % of anime, sure, but that is a low bar and this show also easily passes it.

And the characters in Nana aren't THAT dumb when we consider that they don't know what we know, and they've been fed lies that they believe
Nov 22, 2020 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Man I'm almost a 100% sure that Nana might've slipped the phone into Kyouya's pocket making him seem like the killer or the ice and fire dudes are going to stop Kyouya from searching Nana coming up with some bullshit that searching Nana is sexual harassment.

Anyways it was really satisfying to see Nana get into a pinch and get cornered like that by Kyouya. Smh she's probably going to escape somehow though :(
Nov 22, 2020 10:32 AM

Apr 2015
This is edge of the seat stuff right there. So intense, especially the second half.

I think Nana was a bit hasty to kill Habu and Kaori already. Including Yuka who also already is dead and Nana being gone for a long while, it really made Kyoya suspicious of her.

That cliffhanger though, fuck! I want to see more.

Murajsam5673 said:
I think Nana put the phone somehow in Kyoya's pocket so he will be made a killer or Nana could've simply toss the phone away from window when she opened it we will see next week im hyped!

The latter is where I will put my money on, would have been a smart move to ditch the phone there. I do like the first theory too, make the accuser the suspect.
Nov 22, 2020 10:50 AM

Dec 2018
The amount of drama in these episodes is why I keep going... I honestly love Nana's strats and ways of getaway but I never thought I would like the episode in which she gets caught more than the others. Kyoya just annihilated all of Nana's defenses this episode.

Also, I'm just convinced this is a game of Among Us now. Like they're even using the same terms!
Nov 22, 2020 11:08 AM

Feb 2020
Honestly I'm not too phased by this episode. Didn't really think it was ground-breaking. At least the twist gave it a bit more spice compared to the previous 5 episodes.

Nana got what was coming, and it seems like Kyouya is the only one with some intelligence out of many supernatural beings. A lot of the clues were too easy to spot and was surprised nobody else really picked up on them besides him. If anything I hate in a mystery anime, it would be not-so-intelligent side characters.

Still going to continue this anime, but it's starting to become quite repetitive and a drag to watch.
Nov 22, 2020 11:40 AM
Jan 2017
all what im thinking about is how "Nanao Nakajima" is a main character in this anime !!!

he died in the first episode and now we are on the 8th and yet he haven't been mentioned at all xD

although he is on the official anime poster xD
Nov 22, 2020 11:56 AM

Aug 2008
OMG the cliffhanger! How can you make me wait a week? So many options for how this could go. Excellent episode.
Nov 22, 2020 11:58 AM

Mar 2020
This time Nana did a combo of deaths, but it turned against her, and ended up with Kyouya accusing her of the murders. Now it remains to be seen whether the gang will believe him or not.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 22, 2020 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
Bebo10 said:
all what im thinking about is how "Nanao Nakajima" is a main character in this anime !!!

he died in the first episode and now we are on the 8th and yet he haven't been mentioned at all xD

although he is on the official anime poster xD

It's called fake out protagonist.
The third Danganronpa game did that too - you're supposed to think he's the main character & he's on the promotional posters and everything just so his early death will be more shocking ^^

The episode was great - so much tension! :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Nov 22, 2020 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
Xion69 said:
Nothing is going to happen to nana next episode. 5 more episodes still left. Her identity will be revealed in last 2-3 episodes.

false spoilers. Try harder next time.
Nov 22, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2018
Like always, I'm pretty sure she's gonna turn the situation in her favor because she has plot armor and everyone in this show is too dumb to believe Kyouya's arguments

5 more episodes left, so she'll probably go back to her random killings until episode 12 or 13
Nov 22, 2020 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
Awesome episode, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time because the constant back-and-forth between Nana and Kyouya is so entertaining. Didn't expect this episode to finally focus on outing Nana but it's certainly welcomed. I'm almost certain the phone isn't going to be in her pocket, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what's coming next!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Nov 22, 2020 1:18 PM

May 2018

Shit , ya know for having that Gayru be killed off by Nana , that fast and that easily, they should've had make it a bit more exciting, like having her being immune to any poison, including that one that Nana use for her needles and instead having to give Nana a hard time where she is killed off in another way, like may having Nana decapitate her or getting stabbed with a sharpen bamboo stake.

So, finally Kyouya now accuse Nana, but, I think Nana still has an ace in her sleeve, and trun things around......IT was pretty obvious that this anime/manga rely on the stupidity of the talenteds.
Nov 22, 2020 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
Another entertaining episode again, and finally nana’s getting wrecked just hope they don’t do an asspull here, cause that would be absolute cringe, nanas excuses aren’t too bad it’s just her voice and her innocent attitude that’s so annoying.
Nov 22, 2020 1:54 PM

Apr 2019
The death note flashbacks are real this episode. Wonder if the phone really is in Nana's pocket

Nov 22, 2020 2:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is the LONGEST game of Among Us i've ever watched
Nov 22, 2020 3:07 PM
Jul 2009
At last this episode shows some momentum.

I'm pretty sure the phone won't be in that pocket. Because that would give away Nana and since we still have 5 more episodes, that's impossible. And because of this, every "talented" dumbass classmates will think Kyouya is the suspicious one because of the "false" accusation.

And as someone already said - this show needs everyone to be dumb except for 1 to work.

Right now I really want Nana to lose although that's another impossible because of the title of the anime.

That whiny girl is really annoying.

Still looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 22, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2020
Godamn, why this Anime so very Underated
Nov 22, 2020 3:42 PM

Jun 2020
Kyoya the genius can't believe that he were able to solve that killing really impressive!

The way Nana kills is really stealthy but the problem is the acting the way she act is too obvious, it gets more and more suspicious.
Nov 22, 2020 3:55 PM

Feb 2017
There’s no way the phone will actually be in her pocket, so I’m curious where we’re going with this — still a strong cliffhanger.
Nov 22, 2020 3:56 PM

Jan 2020
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. The mindgames are my favorite aspect of the anime and this episode definitely confirmed that. I'm ready for next week

Nov 22, 2020 4:11 PM
Nov 2020
Kyouya is definitely my favorite character in this show. Nana always seems to be one step ahead of him, though, and I wonder how she'll pull it off next episode.

And I don't know why, but Michiru naively defending Nana throughout this show is kinda annoying.

Somehow, I think Nakajima will be the key to Nana's downfall.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

264 by mo_lave »»
Apr 25, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

131 by TheMaster-- »»
Mar 1, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

284 by sonsofliberty »»
Feb 5, 3:48 PM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.