Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 31, 2020 6:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, finally i had a time to catch up these episode. The development felt so nice with a lot of sweet moment between Adachi and Shimamura. They still held themself so far very tightly, yeah, indeed, no need to rushed the moment.... And no, Adachi, you were not the weirdos. I felt your feeling already and how your love toward Shimamura was just so touching, its not so weird, its really understandable. You just, kissed her already xD. Okay, i am kidding. No way its happening in a fast way. But the aggresive Adachi just too sweet to be watched and how Shimamura pretty easily granted her wishes just adding more sweetness into their relations. Lmao. Come on, just kiss each others already. Its pain me a lot with that head pat scene. Its teased me a lot xD.

Well, the shukoh~ alien girl had a less screen time there. I couldn't complain much, because they might've lessen the drama a bit for the sake of that romantic sweet scene at the end between the lovebirds. Lol, okay! But, her reaction toward Shimamura's little sister was pretty a gold amount, and i don't have a surprised if she just pass her liking into that little girl. Lol. Shimamura's little sister expression when the alien girl said she was an alien, just made me laugh. Yes, she was a fairy and you were so cute back there, girl. I really hope you enjoyed your time with that shiny little girl!

Also, the moment of the nature of maturity Shimamura had in the first part kinda shocked me for a while. Yes, her interaction with Adachi's mama was so great. She managed to change her perceptions toward her daughter. And its just simply great with how they resolved the thing, sauna competition! Currently, i just love Shimamura personality to even more. Though, she still had pretty much complain against the crowded peoples and chosing the silent-peace area as indeed as the way she escape from the whole crowded world.

Same as Adachi? Indeed, most of the part and thats why they just matched up with each others in a pretty similarity. The different between them was the way Shimamura can adapted well with the worst emotional situations, while Adachi pretty much lacking that situations. Then, the karaoke scene gave a hope that they both can fill each other weaknessess and the compatibility was just a high rated there. Yes, Adachi, be more active aggresive to protect your beloved Shimamura! And well, ngl, they were just too sweet and really hope they held some longer alone activity that had a better picture with their progressed relations. Lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 31, 2020 8:38 AM

Dec 2018
ANIME! I want this to be pure!

If I see that creepy male again I might start pulling points from your stupid ass,,,,, I dont like anime males and they cant be around MY females! I forbid it, I only accept my pure lesbians the rest is not for my taste

But I am so glad the alien girl got someone to romance with. Awwwwww she was so cute with Shimamuras sister. Who is also a little lesbian,,,YEEEEEEEEEES!

The karaoke was my favorite part! The little lesbians express their love to each other by that song,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! It was so fucking adorable

Overall I like this episode. Now the alien girl have a dance partner and my main girls may romance without her getting in their way all the time. And next episode looks like it finally going to be some lesbian kissing. I am looking forward to it

Yuri-CrusaderOct 31, 2020 9:14 AM
Oct 31, 2020 12:10 PM

Sep 2017
Ishitateso said:
Is it just me, or the conversations, the inner monologues and the way they behave with each other feel kind of unnatural. OK, this is just an anime, it would be an unrealistic expectation to expect them to behave like normal humans do when at the outset there was a blue-haired "alien" girl walking in a space-suit (or was she floating on a river in the first scene?), as if the story just tried to tell me "hey don't take me too seriously". But that conversation in the sauna, Shimamura's monologues, or when Adachi nonchalantly pressed Shimamaura's face into her croch or asked her to pat her head... It just doesn't feel too well written, most of the time it is more like a bunch of kawaii fan service scenes (not with panties of course but with a lot of shots of tights, croches, big boobs and the girls being cute all the time) than a story of a romance building up.

Nah I'm kinda with you for the most part. There is definitely some conflict with the "random ass shot as I get out of the pool," versus "this is a serious character drama." Not the mention the random pedo guy at the pool is gross. Idk wtf is wrong with the author if they thought it added something of value to this supposed romance drama.

High school kids having overly poetic monologues can be okay tho. As long as it feels justified within the show and its tone. There are some depressed ass high school kids out there irl. They probably wouldn't be able to express themselves so elegantly, but it's fine for characters in a series to be able to most of the time.

I agree that some parts of the conversation with Adachi's mom were a little strange. And "imma shove your face in my crouch and then you'll talk about how I smell" is pretty weird writing.
Nov 1, 2020 4:34 PM

May 2017
Why is this show allowed to be this cute??? I love them so much♡♡
This is really on par with Bloom Into You. I'll probably end up enjoying this atleast as much as I enjoyed Bloom Into You♡♡
Nov 2, 2020 5:03 AM
Jul 2019
I loved the character development for adachi :3 the end was so wholesome it melted my heartt
Nov 2, 2020 8:47 AM

Dec 2016
I wish instead of saying ‘pat my head’ Adachi just straight up confessed to Shimamura...

It was beautiful how Shimamura interfered their conversation and defended Adachi.

No one can tell that it's actually Shimamura's mom. Her mom seems more like her friend or sister XD
Nov 2, 2020 7:53 PM
Jul 2020
Another adorable episode. I personally love these moments where its just Adachi and Shimamura. Just makes me feel comfy inside.
Nov 3, 2020 2:53 AM

Apr 2016
It’s all pretty cute so far. So, it’s still fine xD
Nov 3, 2020 8:59 AM
Apr 2020
Idk if that's a good first impressio, but at least Shimamura kinda helped Adachi's mom. I guess Adachi's mom is aware of Adachi's sexual orientation.

Don't tell me, Shimamura's sister and the alien girl is also a yuri couple? lol

Adachi and Shimamura's karaoke song is cute. Based on the preview, first kiss of the anime will happen next episode.

Nov 4, 2020 3:13 AM
Mar 2019
this episode's kind of a disappointment. there's so many noticeable inconsistencies in character designs and unnecessary scenes. I really want to like this but the show itself stops me from doing so. I hope they fix these minor mistakes that really deals a full blow in my interest to watch, downward.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Nov 5, 2020 10:38 AM

Mar 2019
whats up w that weird character looking at the kids in the pool lol?? i like that these characters seem to have depth. shimamura's "emptiness" was explained more in this ep and it honestly makes me sad that she acts fake around everyone but adachi :(
Nov 8, 2020 7:11 PM
Apr 2019
it would be a good episode except for that unnecessary lolicon, the author has not put aside his dark past. I remember that a common trope of light novels as to have as a friend of the protagonist a character similar to this a blonde guy perverted obsessed with little girls.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nov 9, 2020 2:30 AM
Jul 2018
This series was going so well and then that creepy dude lusting over minors happen?! Is it too much to ask to have a sapphic couple and not have shit like that?!
Nov 9, 2020 10:08 PM
Mar 2015
They really looked cute together especially the head patting
Nov 11, 2020 3:19 AM

Apr 2020
When Adachi was stroked on the head by Shimamura, Adachi looked very cute
Nov 12, 2020 3:22 AM

Oct 2017
Adachi and Shimamura's mom feels sort of carefree about their daughter which I dun like. Anyway the karaoke and childrens playground parts were really cute.
Nov 13, 2020 8:02 AM

Mar 2009
juliannah said:
This series was going so well and then that creepy dude lusting over minors happen?! Is it too much to ask to have a sapphic couple and not have shit like that?!

It's unfortunate that this show is so otaku pandering.
Nov 14, 2020 5:11 AM

Jun 2020
More wholesome moment happening it's so cute, and Shimamura having a conversation with Adachi's mom was pretty interesting it digs more about Adachi's past.

And at the karaoke there singing duet was good I liked there voice there.
Nov 15, 2020 8:24 AM

Nov 2013
ShiroSupremacy said:
Great episode as always! Really like this show so far, glad I got back into anime while this show us still airing.

I feel like this sounds dumb, but I don't know what was glitching on with Adachi and the can. Can someone explain that to my small brain without spoilers for the rest of the series? I plan on reading the LN once the show ends, so I don't wanna ruin it for myself...

for me, she just thinks of it as the first(?) gift that she got from her special friend, so she wanted to keep it as a memory, specially since it was a fun day for her
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 20, 2020 5:09 AM

Aug 2017
Shimamura standing up for Adachi in front of her Mom!!! Really wholesome!!!

And Adachi finally acknowledges that she likes Shimamura.

Was a really cute episode!!!

Nov 20, 2020 7:27 AM

Jan 2020
Shimamura finally met Adachi's mom, and I can't say that it was a very pleasant encounter. Initially, at least. Shimamura somehow convinced Adachi's mom to participate in a sauna competition for the sake of Adachi. Honestly, it sounded pretty dumb, but in the end, it worked out quite well. Also, the song at the end was really beautiful.

It might be quite controversial, but I really think this show is the best of the entire season so far. Adachi and Shimamura's relationship is greatly depicted and their development has been quite impressive so far. I just hope Yashiro won't be an obstacle for them.

That lolicon guy was really weird, though. I felt that part was quite unnecessary.

ShiroSupremacy said:
Great episode as always! Really like this show so far, glad I got back into anime while this show us still airing.

I feel like this sounds dumb, but I don't know what was glitching on with Adachi and the can. Can someone explain that to my small brain without spoilers for the rest of the series? I plan on reading the LN once the show ends, so I don't wanna ruin it for myself...

I think Adachi holds that can really precious to her since it was sort of like a gift given to her by Shimamura. I'm only assuming, though.
Dec 2, 2020 2:54 PM

Nov 2016
The way Adachi's mom felt about Shimamura was low-key relatable xD

I liked the conversation and both do have a point. The headpat was of course the highlight of the episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2020 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
pretty interesting episode, never expected Shimamura to stumble across Adachi's mom like that, but that is one way to do it. Nice karoke segment with the gang, as well as a nice little heart warming moment nearer the end.

Shimamura seems to also have things going on in her end, seems to be playing the nice person in the friend group who trys to please everyone i guess. However her true self shows more when she was alone when Adachi found her. There's also a lot of imagery to Shimamura feelings some sort of weight or pressure? With the scenes of her mostly being deep underwater or somewhere pretty suffocating. Huh, i wonder if shes being herself around Adachi then? Or just trying her best to make her happy and comfortable.
Dec 29, 2020 12:15 AM

Mar 2018
dadnaya said:
Recipe for success:

1. Reduce Astro-girl's screen time

2. Profit

This episode has been so great without the annoying alien

I felt this way when she was at the mall but after seeing the ep unfold, I really didn't mind her, she adds some fun lighthearted comedy that wouldn't have been there otherwise considering Adachi & Shimamura's personalities
Jan 30, 2021 4:57 PM

Jun 2017
lmao what's up with that random lolicon scene

Indochina said:
If it wasn't obvious before, this was written by a guy.
no shit!!!
Apr 11, 2021 9:25 AM

Aug 2018
I don't like too much atmosphere of group meetings as well as Adachi, really.. In group talking almost always turns into something meaningless and empty, weather level talks, or like news, or politics, or some other random crap.. Even if something more interesting is being told, people don't really go deeper and opt for safe things, really.. It's understandable, why is that.. But it's also turns this kind of hanging out meaningless, really, in my opinion and feel.. Some people get fun or something from that, I guess.. I personally don't.. Hanging in pair is much more meaningful, and even it is not really that often.. Group is just bleh..
Apr 17, 2021 7:20 AM

Sep 2011
dadnaya said:
Recipe for success:

1. Reduce Astro-girl's screen time

2. Profit

This episode has been so great without the annoying alien

Exactly how I felt. The less we see of her the better.

Also wtf was up with that weird pedo scene at the pool? I was expecting them to show it was some misunderstanding, but nope.
Apr 25, 2021 2:48 AM
Jul 2015
Adachi's mom is hot & fine
Aug 10, 2021 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
Finally a good episode, it feels natural, less screentime for that annoying kid and the pacing was pretty good. I have only issue with this: the inner monologues are kinda forced and repetitive sometimes, i want an episode without that.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 20, 2021 6:12 AM

Feb 2020
I liked the conversation between Adachi’s mom and Shimamura.

That random pedo scene in the pool was so odd and unnecessary. I don't know what was the point of that, but oh well.

The song in the karaoke segment was very sweet.

I really want them to become a real couple. <3
SerafosJan 5, 8:46 AM
Sep 29, 2021 11:28 AM
Aug 2021
Please no more that astronaut.
In these episodes, they understand each other more. Their initial bond started from them both skiping classes. Adachi has her own reason. She knows Shima has a different reason through knowing that she has other friends. Now she finds out more about the what might be shima's thoughts in the karaoke scene. On the other hand, Shima saw Adachi's cute and vulnerable side, through her running away, skipping school, her jealousy, her wanting to be coddled. Although at this stage, they still don't entirely know that much about each others thoughts and characters, but at least they saw something they can identify.
The monologues are also interesting, with Adachi's focusing on the affection, a possesive desire to be special for her significant other, and her overanalyzing her interactions with Shimamura, while Shima's focusing on inner reflection and caring for Adachi. They are such different persons, process things and informations in such different ways.
I like how little by little through very small things and hints, the show builds up some very little and vague stuffs in a very slow pacing, while not giving overly clear directions on how things are developed. At times, the interactions between Adachi and Shima is hard to watch, but I also appreciate how this show does not sugarcoat too much the painful stuffs, and really some parts of it - maybe a bit exaggerated - feels so relatable to me.
The op and ed are starting to grow on me, but the songs still feels kinda boring. In terms kf these two songs, they both have very ordinary instrumentation and music style with bland vocals, with ocassional quirky notes and chords (outside of the scale) being thrown in it. Kinda fits the overall modest SOL vibe of the show with occasional awkward moments.
I really like how this show is going, except the stupid fucking astronaut that was straight up unfunny and annoying, only used to drew out the jealous adachi. Maybe it was also used to give this show a more vibrant or light feel, but it only brought annoyance to me. It feels again like a plot device, only to draw out the big sister side of shima and the jealous side of adachi. The show even does not need such a character to develop others. If no other depths of this character is added later, this character would straight-up become useless and superfluous to the show. At least in the moments where Adachi gets painful to watch, these moments makes me more intrigued, but for this astronaut fucking girl, every thing she does is so out of place and dry, and I really cannot care less about her intentions and perspectives. Really, the show would be so better off without that astronaut and alien thingy.
Nov 6, 2022 12:12 PM
Feb 2022
the ending was adorable
Jan 29, 2023 3:53 PM

Jun 2014
The girls are getting closer to each other. Adachi took a bold step when she asked Shimamura to pet her head.

But, what the hell with the blonde guy at the pool? Sicko.

Aug 4, 2023 6:09 PM
Aug 2023
THIS ANIME IS SO FREACKING CUTEEEEE!!! ALSO I KINDA KIN BOTH OF THEN IN A WAY?? I LOVE THSE INTROVERTED TRAUMATAZED SAFFICS SO MUCH!!! I WANT WHAT THEY HAVEEE!!! I JUST AAAAAADJKAJFKNDJF <<<<3333
Dec 4, 2023 2:41 AM
Oct 2023
This episode had its ups and downs, but thankfully more ups than downs. It was a little dry at times, but the ending was great. It never was bad, just average at its worst moments. Through four episodes, I am giving Adachi and Shimamura a 7/10, much improved from just two episodes ago.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

113 by ChibiiBunii »»
Apr 18, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.