Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2020 1:17 PM

Jun 2013
Man, after 2nd episode it was disappointing. No new material this time. Though it's strange that Tomitake disappeared. And didn't K1 talk with them in original? I wonder how it'll go in Onidamashi, maybe Ryu's planning to give new stuff every 2 ep.
My complaints this time:
Rena's iconic USODA here is traash~ Not even the tiniest ray of hope to be as impactful as it was in Deen adaptation. I mean she just did this comparatively cute angry face after totally-Monogatari-style animated exchange. They should have changed frames more rapidly to not let the viewer recover from shock, at least. But gotta admit I liked how she showed her teeth immediately after. Then again, if they're doing iconic Higurashi faces this poor already, it can't be a good sign.
What have they done with my boy Cloud?! I like that voice is the same, but Ooishi looks not only like plastic toy now, he's also too bishounen, tbh he looks younger than Tomitake. I'm already pitying him for how much bara doujin he will get. Ooishi's car is another story, it looks like some lazy job in cheap 3D editor or somethin slapped on background.
What I liked:
Animation and atmosphere at Watanagashi in the beginning of episode. Especially, Rena was so cute and precious.
Angel Mort, finally!
That scene before the opening: K1 watching Rka absentmindedly, Rika swinging hoe with all her might, white stuff flying, K1 watching Rka absentmindedly, Rika swinging hoe with all her might, white stuff flying ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Kei is probably remembering events again like in last episode, yeah ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Jokes aside, I'm looking forward to what K1 remembering will result in the end of Onidamashi.
Oct 15, 2020 1:19 PM

May 2020
Ohhhh yes, it's all starting now. How I missed these creepy vibes and the mystery that some of us already experienced in the past.
Overall, this episode did a good job of adaptating the OG one. Also, Rena's eyes were spooky! I'm gladly they did a amazing job at that! The atmosphere was really good.
The "Uso Da!" scene was well-done in my opinion, glad they worked it well.
Let's see how things will go in the next episode.
Oct 15, 2020 1:20 PM

Jul 2008
lol these discussions feel like they are gonna be a sh*tshow.
Oct 15, 2020 1:37 PM

Dec 2011
The OP and ED are so good, I've replayed them many times this past week but still got the shivers for the actual episode.

When Ooishi was talking about the past deaths it's interesting to me how clear the images were.

Even knowing who this is, I was still like - Keiichi ?! lol
Oct 15, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
CMYK said:
The OP and ED are so good, I've replayed them many times this past week but still got the shivers for the actual episode.

When Ooishi was talking about the past deaths it's interesting to me how clear the images were.

He looks more like Sunohara from Clannad
Oct 15, 2020 1:39 PM

Dec 2015
About the dates
Oct 15, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2015
OG anime-only watchers: Hmm, this looks the same as the old one....
VN readers: OH SHIET OH NO!

Oct 15, 2020 2:02 PM

Aug 2015
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
About the dates

Yes, that's correct.

ovy7Oct 15, 2020 2:08 PM
Oct 15, 2020 2:08 PM
Dec 2007
ovy7 said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
About the dates

Yes, that's correct.

Also along similar lines, when

Anyways, great episode. I actually like how they handled evil Rena. It had a good look to it.
Oct 15, 2020 2:10 PM

Oct 2014
Serpent-niisama said:
I like that voice is the same, but Ooishi looks not only like plastic toy now, he's also too bishounen, tbh he looks younger than Tomitake. I'm already pitying him for how much bara doujin he will get.

Oh man, not only doesn't Cloud look young, but Tomi looks and sounds friggin ancient on this.
In the originals I'd estimate him to be probably at his late 30s, but now he's more like closing his 50s.

For some reason Cloud's voice just kept reminding me of this :D
And on Bara Doujin, I guess it's K1 x Cloud time.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Oct 15, 2020 2:13 PM

Aug 2015
clint87 said:
ovy7 said:

Yes, that's correct.

Anyways, great episode. I actually like how they handled evil Rena. It had a good look to it.

Yes, indeed.
Oct 15, 2020 2:15 PM
Oct 2019
Something interesting I noticed was that they said Rena was diagnosed with dysautonomia, at least for my subtitles. This doesn't really make sense as dysautonomia doesn't effect your mental state, it has to do with how your auto immune system and nervous system interact which can cause a lot of physical issues and lead to other disorders such as POTS. Is it just the subtitles I had or is this for everyone?
Oct 15, 2020 2:24 PM

May 2012
It was lit, nice subtle differences.
Oct 15, 2020 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
clint87 said:
ovy7 said:

Yes, that's correct.

Oct 15, 2020 2:37 PM

Dec 2015
bark415 said:
Something interesting I noticed was that they said Rena was diagnosed with dysautonomia, at least for my subtitles. This doesn't really make sense as dysautonomia doesn't effect your mental state, it has to do with how your auto immune system and nervous system interact which can cause a lot of physical issues and lead to other disorders such as POTS. Is it just the subtitles I had or is this for everyone?

Yeah i noticed that too, in the VN that scene was there but i don't remember which illness Ooishi mentioned but it wasn't strange when i read it so i think this's a mistranslation
Oct 15, 2020 2:45 PM

Mar 2020
Those eyes of Rena gave me a chill down my spine.
Oct 15, 2020 2:53 PM
Sep 2020
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
bark415 said:

Yeah i noticed that too, in the VN that scene was there but i don't remember which illness Ooishi mentioned but it wasn't strange when i read it so i think this's a mistranslation

It's not a mistranslation. Rena was diagnosed with dysautonomia according to Ooishi in the VN too.
Oct 15, 2020 2:56 PM

Sep 2011
After reading this thread, I had to go and rewatch the USODA scene and compare it to the original. This one the voice acting is weaker, but this one also feels more ominous compared to the original which I really like, so honestly I have no complaints here.

Even though this is a sequel, it still feels like a remake but with several changed elements to the story, such as making Tomitake disappear and giving spoilers early around Rika.
Oct 15, 2020 2:56 PM

Aug 2018

This adaptation has just murdered Ooishi's design
_______I like rocks__
Oct 15, 2020 2:57 PM
May 2017
After finding out she was listening to him through the door I re-watched the phone scene and noticed the door was part way open. Creeped me out.
Oct 15, 2020 2:58 PM

Dec 2015
Bernkasten said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

It's not a mistranslation. Rena was diagnosed with dysautonomia according to Ooishi in the VN too.

Yeah i just checked and you're right
Oct 15, 2020 3:03 PM

Dec 2015
NekoMeau said:

Even though this is a sequel, it still feels like a remake but with several changed elements to the story, such as making Tomitake disappear and giving spoilers early around Rika.

R07 said he wants this to be treated as a standalone new series so it reintroduces a lot of stuff without relying on the older seasons (that's why it can be watched without the other seasons)
Oct 15, 2020 3:03 PM

Jun 2013
Hulio said:
And on Bara Doujin, I guess it's K1 x Cloud time.

Lmao I'm dead now xD Thanks for sharing this
Oct 15, 2020 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
NekoMeau said:

R07 said he wants this to be treated as a standalone new series so it reintroduces a lot of stuff without relying on the older seasons (that's why it can be watched without the other seasons)

Yes I'm aware of this, and I think that's fine. Though for me there are 2 outcomes for R07's decision in doing this. One good, and one bad.
1 - Newcomers who have absolutely no plans to check the VN or watch the originals. This may then be a decent standalone, and the Rika scenes and such don't matter at all to the newcomers, because it's not like they are going to check the original material anyway.
2 - Newcomers who plan on reading the VN or checking the originals, will lose the mystery around the recurring events and Rika straight from the get-go since it's pretty much already been partially revealed.

So again, depends what the newcomers plan to do after this. R07 may or may not have made a silly decision here.
Oct 15, 2020 3:19 PM

Mar 2013
Oct 15, 2020 3:26 PM

Jan 2010
I think this won't end in anything and even with those changes it will end just like onikakushi, this feels more like a rewind for old viewers and it's still good for new viewers. Of course we can't ignore these subtle changes but there are still 21 chapters to go.
Oct 15, 2020 3:27 PM

Jun 2017
MachinaePrime said:
Ooishi definitely feels like the character that was translated the worst into the new artstyle, it's pretty distracting.

Idk man, everyone looks like they are silky smooth and got waxed lol. It's quite comical.
Oct 15, 2020 3:29 PM

Jun 2012
So far it's looking like Remake + sequel-lite. Maybe their approach is going to be to redo the story but with some small changes here and there to keep things intriguing for return viewers. This was a good episode. The usoda didn't hit me that much but the look afterwards was creepy as hell.

The next episode is where they have to prove how well they can pull off the more intense stuff.
Shoot first, think never.
Oct 15, 2020 3:29 PM

Dec 2015
Harlequina said:

Oct 15, 2020 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
Bernkasten said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Yep - He says "自律神経失調症" - which according to the dictionary is Dysautonomia.
Oct 15, 2020 3:32 PM

Dec 2015
Grecefar said:
I think this won't end in anything and even with those changes it will end just like onikakushi, this feels more like a rewind for old viewers and it's still good for new viewers. Of course we can't ignore these subtle changes but there are still 21 chapters to go.

yeah most likely we won't get answers about this stuff in this arc, it's a question arc so it's normal.
Unless they're not doing the arcs questions/answers this time.
Oct 15, 2020 3:34 PM

Jun 2017
If anything, the new creepy eyes are just top tier. The old ones looked great too but the added glow really makes it more creepy.
Oct 15, 2020 4:02 PM

Sep 2016
unpopular opinion but that "uso da!" sucked
Oct 15, 2020 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
kuroneko99 said:
What a flat "Usoda!". Quite poor remake.

I think the original anime made Rena look more creepy and terrifying and sold it more during the USODA!! scene. But the scene in this new episode still was amazing and horrifying.
Oct 15, 2020 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
Justinian2324 said:
It was a decent episode. I noticed some differences within the Old Anime and this "sequel", but other than that it entirely plays around the context of Onikakushi or Onidamashi-hen. To be honest, I really didn't feel that much fear to the new Rena's "Uso da" compared to 2006 version, but it's still good.

Agreed. Both versions are great. They original just did a better job imo
Oct 15, 2020 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
Syureria said:
why are people interested in Rena's voice? I do not understand.
l
Mai Nakahara is a queeeeennn
Oct 15, 2020 4:38 PM

Jun 2011
Dorkave said:
that's not an unpopular opinion if you read the comments above
but i still don't agree
i don't remember all of the OG higu anime but i think rena hasn't mentioned working hard, doing all she could right after the uso da? i think it's better if the uso da isn't that intense in this case idk

nice ep, subtle changes. curious about what's gonna happen next ep.
i love rena so much.
Oct 15, 2020 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
MachinaePrime said:
Ooishi definitely feels like the character that was translated the worst into the new artstyle, it's pretty distracting.

For real. He's also has a bigger belly lmao
Oct 15, 2020 4:40 PM

Aug 2018
A direct retelling of Onikakushi E3. I’ll bet anything they shake it up next week with unexpected events.
Oct 15, 2020 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
Timz0r said:
I honesty don't like this. It feels like it's just some arcs mashed together and call it a day. Technically speaking you could argue it's something new yeah, but it's also not. It's just being a bit lazy. The animation is also kinda crappy. It's not like Passione has ruined something fun before with their crappy CGI.

If I would rate it now, I'd give it a dissapointing but a honest 4/10 or so. *shrug*

This are is not onikakshi hen. It is a

It is supposed to have aspects of all different arcs but he similar to onikakshi
Oct 15, 2020 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
CMYK said:

I keep replaying both songs love them
Oct 15, 2020 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Dorkave said:
l
It didn't suck. It just slightly fell short of the original by a small margin. Still great tho imo
removed-userOct 16, 2020 8:04 AM
Oct 15, 2020 4:44 PM

Sep 2018
Atlos said:

He kind of looks like a gummy bear. So cuuuuuute!
Oct 15, 2020 4:45 PM

Aug 2018
Harlequina said:
I agree with your analysis.
Oct 15, 2020 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was amazing. Delivered the creepiness and horror and mystery spectacularly. While I still think DEEN made Rena's USODA!!! better, that does not negate the fact that the scene in this episode also great and terrifying. Rena will always look horrific and crazy. Love when she got up in his face again and stood by his door. Better watch out Kei-chaaaan!

Ooishi's tummy looks slightly bigger too. Been eating well?
Oct 15, 2020 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
rohan121 said:
Atlos said:

He kind of looks like a gummy bear. So cuuuuuute!

They could definitely have done a better job with it. His hairline and head shape is slightly different, but it affects the whole design.
Oct 15, 2020 4:51 PM

Aug 2018
Catdoujin said:
honestly really enjoyed this episode. I think most people were worried about how they would do the tense scenes like renas part. But honestly. they've made it more disturbing than the original in my opinion. Thought it was spooky, It gave me a jump even though I was expecting it lol. can't wait to see how the next episode plays out. I like how they've added more to the spook factor than the deen version :)
I agree, I thought it was scarier and more realistic this time.
Oct 15, 2020 5:04 PM

Feb 2018
Kyoyo329 said:
Mai Nakahara is a queeeeennn
Alright, you got it....
Oct 15, 2020 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
I know a few other people have already theorized this but...I'm kind of hoping for Miotsukushi-hen. It would also line up with Umineko tie-in theories.

Oct 15, 2020 5:18 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, don't think there was anything new this time but people did mention that one difference. I don't remember the original scene for scene so I didn't notice it.

Stunning delivery and direction on Rena's outburst. I was totally spooked out with the way they presented it, got chills too. Really well done, brought out Rena's whole Psycho half insanely well.

Keiichi's doubt setting in, Rena at his house. Not gonna end well. (:
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

314 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.