Forum Settings
Forums

Do you ever go through waves of anime highs and lows? If so, what stage are you at right now?

New
Oct 11, 2020 12:33 AM

Apr 2019
This happens to me all the time. I think currently I'm in an anime high, I'm able to watch a couple of episodes a day besides my actual work and not think it's a chore.
my life was made with mematic.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 11, 2020 12:41 AM
Nov 2018
Yes, i do
I am at a low stage right now. But i cAn feel the high stage comming soon. (:
Oct 11, 2020 12:48 AM

Jun 2020
I'm definitely at a low stage right now, been reading more manga as a way to relax after a long day :)
Oct 11, 2020 12:48 AM

Jul 2020
At a "mid" Watching maybe 2-3 episodes a day rn

Oct 11, 2020 12:50 AM

Jun 2019
I switch between talking to people on discord, playing videogames, and watching anime. For some reason I can only focus on doing one of them at a time. I'm starting to binge watch anime now which sucks cuz I was trying to finish Xenoblade Chronicles...
Oct 11, 2020 12:51 AM

Dec 2014
At a low rn. Don't really feel like watching anything. But yeah the amount I watch tends to come in waves.
Oct 11, 2020 12:53 AM
Aug 2020
Somewhere in between normally, but i think i do sometimes go through these "anime highs and lows"
Oct 11, 2020 1:04 AM

May 2018
Definitely in anime low stage due to the excess work. But with a break, I can definitely reach the anime high rush of 10 episodes a day.
Oct 11, 2020 1:10 AM
May 2020
I'm currently at low stage for this week. I only watch airing anime. I'm reading some LN and manga for now.
Oct 11, 2020 1:15 AM

Jun 2010
I was at a low, maybe around a year ago where I got tired of anime.
but now I'm at a high because I found few shows to watch that are worth my time :>
Oct 11, 2020 1:17 AM

Sep 2020
definitely at a low. was breezing through like 15 episodes a day a couple months ago, now i'm just rewatching a couple episodes of kaiji before i go to bed each night. for some reason it's a lot easier for me to rewatch shows than start something new...i guess cause stuff i've already seen doesn't require 100% attention lol
i think once work gets off my ass i'll have another high tho. i've got some shows im really excited to watch once i'm feeling up for it!
Oct 11, 2020 1:20 AM

May 2015
The quantity of my anime consumption and enjoyment I derive from it is on the rise currently in spite of that this is not an outstanding season to say the least. It has more to do with my mood than with the quality of the season I guess. In short I have been enjoying anime in the last few weeks.

It would be an interesting question whether my score should mirror my high mood when I find fun in an anime because of it even though it doesn't make the anime itself seem less shitty.
IshitatesoOct 11, 2020 1:30 AM
Oct 11, 2020 1:24 AM

Apr 2019
Ishitateso said:
The quantity of my anime consumption and enjoyment I derive from it is on the rise currently in spite of that this is not an outstanding season to say the least. It has more to do with my mood than with the quality of the season I guess. In short I have been enjoying anime in the last few weeks.

That's exactly how I currently feel. I need to go watch Jujutsu Kaisen and some other seasonals, but I honestly just prefer watching anime normally.
Oct 11, 2020 1:26 AM

Jun 2019
I've noticed over the last year of watching anime that I watch more over Fall/Winter, mainly as it's dark longer here in the UK, so I'm inside more and so watch anime more in those months.

I'm just coming into a high, watching more anime (8-12 eps per day) than over the summer. Also loving the new shows this season, especially Wandering Witch Elaina, Assault Lily, Iwakakeru Sports Climbing Girls, Sleepy Princess, Kings Raid & Tonikawa.
Oct 11, 2020 1:32 AM

Oct 2019
I read the title wrong the first time lol

Anyways, it's more towards the lower side for me. I've been in the mood to watch a lot of anime lately, but I don't really have motivation to watch as much. The most episodes I watched in one day this week was 5.
Oct 11, 2020 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
I still find weird that as a teenager I consummed anime like No-Tomorrow, but rn with work and things to do, it is so hard to sit for 20 mins and watch an episode.....

I'll never dislike anime, I own a good collection of JP Games, I'm playing Rune Factory 4 and Pokemon Sun/Moon really hard, plus FGO/Azur Lane are my daily basis of mobile fun, but something I have with watching Anime episodes that keeps me low from them
Oct 11, 2020 1:58 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I'm at a high, really low last month as I was just consuming some in the ptw but I actually picked something quite timely and perfect for my mood so it ended up being an awesome experience
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Oct 11, 2020 2:10 AM

Aug 2010
At high but it's slowly settling down to middle stage. I was binging shows after shows in the beginning of pandemic, eagerly looking for new anime to watch every time. Now I don't look for new shows that eagerly anynore, and is mostly watching the ongoing seasonal anime, but the amount of seasonals I'm watching right now is way more than usual.
Oct 11, 2020 2:25 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
An anime low since June 2014. I used to watch hundreds of anime prior to then :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2020 2:47 AM
Mar 2019
maybe low right now, since i don't think something can fit the hole deca-dence left in its wake. lately i've been reading some shounen/fantasy manga, and will probably get into watching grablu when we get more episodes
Oct 11, 2020 2:49 AM

Apr 2019
decayedangels said:
maybe low right now, since i don't think something can fit the hole deca-dence left in its wake. lately i've been reading some shounen/fantasy manga, and will probably get into watching grablu when we get more episodes

Nice to see someone else enjoyed Deca-Dence!
Oct 11, 2020 2:53 AM
Mar 2019
ag_ said:
decayedangels said:

i find it so hard to move on, it was just that good starts crying i've been craving for some nice science fiction stuff and they delivered it just right
Oct 11, 2020 3:00 AM

Apr 2019
decayedangels said:
ag_ said:

i find it so hard to move on, it was just that good starts crying i've been craving for some nice science fiction stuff and they delivered it just right

I need to watch the last two episodes but it was definitely best new anime of the season.
Oct 11, 2020 3:06 AM

Apr 2008
When I left home at 18 (a decade ago!) to dive immediately from family loss to working 80hr weeks in a factory I hit my first 'low' in anime, and it lasted for the year and a half I was there. I really just didn't have much time for anything. Since then I've struggled to keep up with anime every season and usually find I will binge hundreds of episodes of various shows within a week/month and then stop again for months. It's like quitting anime cold turkey without any drawbacks other than 'man I really like anime but I just................' drift away in the middle of episodes? barely remember what happened in the episode I just finished? etc. I guess depression kicked up to a 10.

I've been in an low swing for the last few months, but as of a couple days ago found I've been more interested in checking things out which means I'm a couple days from throwing myself back into anime and binging. It'd be nice if I could find another discord group to join since that's what kept me active for about a year.
Oct 11, 2020 3:19 AM

Apr 2019
Omamori said:
When I left home at 18 (a decade ago!) to dive immediately from family loss to working 80hr weeks in a factory I hit my first 'low' in anime, and it lasted for the year and a half I was there. I really just didn't have much time for anything. Since then I've struggled to keep up with anime every season and usually find I will binge hundreds of episodes of various shows within a week/month and then stop again for months. It's like quitting anime cold turkey without any drawbacks other than 'man I really like anime but I just................' drift away in the middle of episodes? barely remember what happened in the episode I just finished? etc. I guess depression kicked up to a 10.

I've been in an low swing for the last few months, but as of a couple days ago found I've been more interested in checking things out which means I'm a couple days from throwing myself back into anime and binging. It'd be nice if I could find another discord group to join since that's what kept me active for about a year.

That sucks, I hope everything is going okay <3
Oct 11, 2020 3:24 AM

Apr 2008
ag_ said:
That sucks, I hope everything is going okay <3

Awh, thanks! I appreciate that. Everything is going okay, I'm in a much better place than my teenage self was! Depression is one of those things that lingers but it's managed now. ❤
Oct 11, 2020 3:29 AM

Mar 2017
Low. Almost dropped anime from sept last year to april this year and watched like 4-5 shows in those 7-8 months lol. I could easily binge anime a couple of years back but now I wouldn't go on watching the next episode for days even if the last watched one ended on a massive cliffhanger
Oct 11, 2020 3:39 AM

Jan 2019
ah, it's quite low for me now, average around 3 episode or less per day
just like a month ago mine was like 5 episodes per day
all time high was in June when I watched 70 episodes in one week

I found the anime I'm watching are quite boring or maybe I'm just unmotivated for some reason
Oct 11, 2020 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
I've been consistently at low for almost 2 years. It's around 1.3 episode a day on average. I think it's low based on the standard I've set so many years ago when I'm still young with no responsibilities and I'm at my highest watching 15-25 episodes a day.
Oct 11, 2020 9:09 AM

Apr 2017
I've been at low stages ever since 2018, it's nothing new for me. Been more interested in manga lately.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 11, 2020 9:34 AM

Aug 2018
In between for now. The last time I experienced anime highs was when I binge watched shows like Gintama and Haikyuu!!.
Oct 11, 2020 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
low , am taking too long and being too inconsistent with Gintama basically to a point where I am avoiding it a lot
Oct 11, 2020 9:57 AM

Aug 2016
It has been rollercoaster as of late because I was going through finishing up the previous seasonals for the most part and a few already aired shows from years ago. Quite a bit of contrast in quality repeatedly.

At this moment though back to high with Great Pretender
Oct 11, 2020 12:01 PM
Jul 2020
I'm at a low rn. Too much anime consumption.
Oct 11, 2020 12:24 PM

Apr 2020
Low wave right now. It's strange because last season I watched 12 shows and enjoyed at least 10 of them. This season I'm not very excited for any anime.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 11, 2020 12:39 PM

Dec 2014
As it is the weekend I have been in a med/high, during the weekdays I go to low and tend to only watch 1-2 episodes a day. However during the weekend I can binge watch 12 episode series and catch up on the seasonals also
Oct 11, 2020 12:46 PM

Nov 2009
Definitely at a high. Felt bored and downloaded everything from my plan to watch list.

So far I finished:

Juuni Kokuki (45 eps)

Kemono no Souja Erin (50 eps)

Hachimitsu to Clover S1 (24 eps)

Mahou Shoujo-tai Arusu (40 eps)

KonoSuba Movie (90 minutes)
LobkeOct 11, 2020 12:51 PM
Oct 11, 2020 12:49 PM

May 2009
I wouldn't characterize stuff as "highs" and "lows", but I do sometimes watch more than other times.

In the past 21 days, for example, I watched 8 episodes. Before that, I semi-marathoned a rewatch of Leviathan: the Last Defense (12 episodes) in order to newly watch the omakes that come after it, over the course of a few days.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 11, 2020 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
I think I'm in an anime low right now. I watch anime here and there, but I don't watch them with as much vigor like I used to.
Oct 11, 2020 12:54 PM

Sep 2020
Definitely on an anime low. Life is so busy and I only watch ~1 ep a week :(

Idk after I graduated high school it's a lot harder for me to watch a lot of anime (so many are set in HS or lower so it's a bit weird for me). Anyways if you have any college set or older animes def drop me some recs cuz im struggling
Oct 11, 2020 12:57 PM
Sep 2017
I am kind of low right now... This happens to me in beginning of every season when I don't know what to watch.... Also sometimes I revisit old favorites whenever I feel too low...
Oct 11, 2020 1:00 PM

Apr 2020
Right now im at "high" watching like 10+ episodes a day since starting Hunter x Hunter before next weekend, because made a deal with my friend that he's going to watch SAO (he hates SAO because all the reviews are bad) after holiday.
Wanna play 8-ball?
Oct 11, 2020 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Currently on a high wave. My low waves sucks, last time I stopped watching everything that was airing around january and didn't picked up until may. I went into june without watching anything again, but ever since then I've been trying to finish at least one show per month... And here I am, now trying to create the habit of watching at least 3 hours of anime each day.

When you guys started to feel those "waves" of motivation? For me it was 2016, I think. I started watching animes way back, in 2013.

Dragonland04 said:
low , am taking too long and being too inconsistent with Gintama basically to a point where I am avoiding it a lot

That's quite normal, actually. It's hard to watch more than a few episodes of Gintama at once.

Oct 11, 2020 1:03 PM

Aug 2010
Somewhere in between, it's hard to tell. I am quite motivated and I feel like watching couple of eps a day but it might definitely be better if I had more time and didn't have to work during week.
Oct 11, 2020 1:13 PM

May 2019
Definitely in a high stage but I feel that coming down.
Oct 11, 2020 1:19 PM

Jul 2020
I am in-between mid and low rn in terms of my watching consumption. I hope to get a high soon, but idk if that will happen for the next two months. It has even been getting a little hard to get to seasonals. Also, I spent a lot of time in discussions, whether it is related to anime or not, I just spend a lot of time in multiple forums...

Dragonland04 said:

Facts yo, I haven't been able to watch a Gintama episode in a fucking while to the point where I have put it "on-hold", but I have no problem watching Haikyuu
Oct 11, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2013
All this year has been low for me. High for manga tho.
Oct 11, 2020 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Low, I'm not watching anything rn. I plan on binging Gintama in a month or two, but I'm not invested in anime atm.
Oct 11, 2020 5:01 PM
Apr 2020
Yeah I do, just got back into a tight schedule so I'm leaning more to consuming manga rather than anime as it is just easier for me. But I feel like after this schedule ends, I will be binge watching like no tomorrow
Oct 11, 2020 5:02 PM

May 2018
Low, because I started college again so I'm struggling to actually fit anime into my schedule. It's almost even stressful trying to find a chance to watch something.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does seinen anime focus on other things besides ultra manliness?

fallout45 - 8 hours ago

29 by DigiCat »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7177 by Hydra_X9K »»
24 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

105 by nanashi796 »»
26 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 2 hours ago

9 by Ozpin5 »»
30 minutes ago

» What are some anime memes from the late 2000's to early 2010's that you still remeber fondly ?

tchitchouan - Today

4 by JustMonaka »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.