Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2020 5:29 AM

Dec 2009
I'm actually getting interested. The episode itself was pretty mediocre but i'm curious about why the MC hates the city so much and how the world works..
Oct 10, 2020 5:31 AM

Jun 2020
I had high expectations from the first episode because I thought the mc was gonna go insane and start a psychotic killing spree where he locks up his teammates so he can murder without the possibility of dying. (I can't tell if I was misled on purpose)

This anime has lazy animation and rushed character development, so I was really looking forward to a darker and more intriguing storyline to compensate for that.

But I guess someone decided that having a giant crocodile invade Japan would be the better plot choice.
Oct 10, 2020 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
Gonna give it one more episode. Plot is interesting and everything but something just doesn't click with me
Oct 10, 2020 8:24 AM

Apr 2020
Well this show improved on me atleast a bit in this episode. Our MC is an asshole which threw me away last time and our girls is a bit weak too. But here we see why he acts like that. A boy from the rural side moving to Tokyo with the class don't give any shit about him in any way. And he does have a bit of good will to have the determination to save his comrades (bcos if he doesn't he'll die).

Anyways, the fight was decent. My favorite part so far in the anime are the game mechanics, somehow. The way he thinked for that strategy to fight the goblin was actually good. Also the way Shindou (the witch) killed that goblin was actually brutal, my god. If they did that uncensored, I'll be more shocked with that scene.

Anyways they now cleared their stage and is set back to the real world which I think is a nice shift from the usual trope. But don't you worry they will be back for Level 4, and I assume with a new character.

Improvement from the last and now I'm truly on board with this series.
Oct 10, 2020 4:10 PM

Jul 2020
Boring episode IMO. I feel like its lacking character development and story. It's not working for me. One more episode and if it's no good I'll stop watching.
Oct 10, 2020 7:19 PM

Oct 2016
That was a good episode for me, well definitely better than the first one. It's pretty understandable why MC would hate the city since he comes from the countryside. Though it's good that he's getting some character development. Hopefully he becomes less of a dick as time goes on.
Oct 10, 2020 7:58 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Not as bad as Konosuba or Priconne, but still average show for me as of the moment, last episode was better than this episode and I wish they didn't replace Wakamoto Norio's voice as game master.
Oct 11, 2020 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
The MC is sooo much of a wish fulfillment for losers. Like many MCs are like that but this fucker stands out.
Oct 11, 2020 3:34 AM

Mar 2016
It was a really decent episode. However, that graphical half faced man was just 😑
Oct 11, 2020 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
this protagonist is quite good, it's not overpower he must use the brain
Oct 11, 2020 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
Whats with the animation this episode so many still shots and shortcuts. I'm not even sure whT to make of this so far, im leaning towards the trash catagory
Oct 11, 2020 12:00 PM
Oct 2014
The tone shifts so much that I don't even know how to feel when watching it and the amount of cheap stuff they do is really impressive. It's just "now feel sad", "now laugh" and "now get curious". Shindou feels like a cardboard cut out while Hakozaki has mountains of cheap development (Illness+"I will try my best"+I'm scared of everything) and Yotsuya is just "main character 101".
The power system is just dumb. You roll a random class with X gear and some skill then you do that again which doesn't really work for any sort of progression.
Oct 11, 2020 6:13 PM
Jul 2013
I like this anime, i'd give it a 8 so far. It's just chill, and not in your face. The characters are like able as well.
Oct 11, 2020 9:12 PM

Apr 2015
can we talk a little about that awful cringe part where the MC finally found his reason to care? you know, that one scene about Kuzue's. because I didn't find that as a reason to care, myself.

I'll just put it this way. what's in it for him to care (about Kuzue, for example)? will him caring means he gets entitled to Kuzue's body? or is this another case of effort having zero rewards in which case why even effort in the first place? I've long since stopped caring for this exact reason: I'm not entitled just because I put effort on something. in which case fuck them. if anything I find danmachi3's drama far better than this even though it follows a very simple formula.

I'm gonna give this one last episode to watch before dropping.
kidlat020Oct 11, 2020 9:15 PM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 13, 2020 5:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So now he's a chef...xD still cliché and boring so far
Oct 13, 2020 7:00 AM

May 2009
Wakamoto didn't voice God in this episode... figures since he announced retiring from taking new roles few months ago.
I bet he will be voiced by different seiyuu every week just like Eu in KoreZombie.
Oct 13, 2020 4:17 PM

Mar 2010
His rng is actually pretty good if you notice how small the chances are to get those jobs, who tf wants to be a cliched mother fucker anyways. Fuck the norm. Good episode twas laughing more than I thought I would lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 14, 2020 12:37 PM
Feb 2020
Bibimbapski said:
This series has pretty meh animation. Nothing really stands out. The characters are forgettable and I was laughing when the girls at the end described Yotusya as イケメン or hot lol. He looks like your standard harem/isekai character and with all the isekai garbage coming out, he'd be at the very back of the queue.

They were talking about the popular Yotsuya, I guess you weren't paying attention.

Lanz said:
The MC is sooo much of a wish fulfillment for losers. Like many MCs are like that but this fucker stands out.
How is this wish-fulfillment in any way?

------------
Mod Note: Merged consecutive posts
dipItFooOct 17, 2020 8:57 PM
Oct 15, 2020 3:24 AM
Jul 2010
I feel here a bit of Psyren manga vibe, going to other world, doing task and catastrophe in the future.
Oct 15, 2020 7:25 AM

Sep 2020
Seems like the shows is starting to improve, offering a pretty simple backstory to one of the characters and making the MC less of an asshole. Even though they're still pretty forgettable to me, I at least enjoyed this episode more than the previous one.
Oct 15, 2020 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
As if this show's progressing, it's getting more stale and boring, but unsettling as well.

For MC Yotsuya, the shut-in life taking a toll on his shitty life, and the determination not to look back is the sole purpose of him going forward. More than achieving romance and a harem, it's becoming more like a lonewolf's intention to act on his own.

But how unlucky he can get, from a job change to caring for others and dying multiple times for a strategy plan with the other 2 girls.

The 3-episode rule lingers...
Oct 16, 2020 4:49 AM
Apr 2019
kidlat020 said:
can we talk a little about that awful cringe part where the MC finally found his reason to care? you know, that one scene about Kuzue's. because I didn't find that as a reason to care, myself.

I'll just put it this way. what's in it for him to care (about Kuzue, for example)? will him caring means he gets entitled to Kuzue's body? or is this another case of effort having zero rewards in which case why even effort in the first place? I've long since stopped caring for this exact reason: I'm not entitled just because I put effort on something. in which case fuck them. if anything I find danmachi3's drama far better than this even though it follows a very simple formula.

it's just one of his ideals, he respects people who is better than him. At first, he thought that Kusue is just a weak city girl who lived easily in a big city, that's why he doesn't care. But he just know more about her and start to respect her. He's not a jerk or losers, he's a good guy, respect other, had a bunch of friends, but for some reason hate the city society in general (they'll explained more about this in later eps). He doesn't suddenly care, he has this ideals from the start. Also, he's not suddenly care for everyone. Even in the current manga arc, he had 5 crewmate, and he only care for Shindo and Kusue, because he knows their story and respect them. He even said that they could easily find a random guy to replace the other 3 member, but not this 2, they're his number 1 and 2 priority in the quest.
Oct 16, 2020 5:14 AM

Apr 2015
nabewry said:
kidlat020 said:

it's just one of his ideals, he respects people who is better than him. At first, he thought that Kusue is just a weak city girl who lived easily in a big city, that's why he doesn't care. But he just know more about her and start to respect her. He's not a jerk or losers, he's a good guy, respect other, had a bunch of friends, but for some reason hate the city society in general (they'll explained more about this in later eps). He doesn't suddenly care, he has this ideals from the start. Also, he's not suddenly care for everyone. Even in the current manga arc, he had 5 crewmate, and he only care for Shindo and Kusue, because he knows their story and respect them. He even said that they could easily find a random guy to replace the other 3 member, but not this 2, they're his number 1 and 2 priority in the quest.

yeah still not sold. well this is just me personally. so basically give her a pity story and bam suddenly he should care for everything. yeah no. but I guess I shouldn't blame the manga too much because this was probably made on a time where the "social elites" are trying to lure the social outcasts aka the hikkis and wizards out of their rooms. covid in particular has made drastic shaking to the social and political climate. gonna give this one more episode before dropping it.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 16, 2020 9:05 AM
Apr 2019
kidlat020 said:
nabewry said:

yeah still not sold. well this is just me personally. so basically give her a pity story and bam suddenly he should care for everything. yeah no. but I guess I shouldn't blame the manga too much because this was probably made on a time where the "social elites" are trying to lure the social outcasts aka the hikkis and wizards out of their rooms. covid in particular has made drastic shaking to the social and political climate. gonna give this one more episode before dropping it.
this manga was made like 5 years ago probably, and mangaka who made it is the same guy who made "My Home Hero", one of the best seinen manga. So, I think he know what he's doing. And it's not like the MC chance that much.

-------------------
Mod Note: Removed second half(not on episode discussion)
dipItFooOct 17, 2020 9:02 PM
Oct 17, 2020 9:08 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread Cleaned

Please make sure to not discuss the manga beyond where the episode itself leaves off.

In addition to this please remember to be respectful to your fellow users and their opinions.

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.
Oct 18, 2020 8:57 AM
Jul 2020
So far this show is boring af... I hope in next episodes i'll start to like at least one character...
Oct 21, 2020 10:18 PM

Mar 2014
I really like the fact that they return after each "quest". It reminds me of Persona where the main characters tackle a surreal fantasy enemy in another world and then suddenly have to act normal again. Several weeks until the next step? Unless things speed up...

Lol his horrible luck, got another "rare" job. I think I see the gimmick now though. He'll get all these "filler" skills that are actually super useful in combat when used right. Like now that he has the chef job, he knows the inner weak point of "low" rank monsters. I like how the abilities are cumulative too. He doesn't lose farmer skills after the change. I wonder if/when he'll actually find a use for farmer

I can't believe they used her wind skill to blow that thing's brains out though, brutal
Oct 29, 2020 11:38 AM
Jun 2012
Thought he was gonna abandon them and this was going to be a villain story but no it's another cliche overused hero story.
Nov 11, 2020 12:09 AM
Apr 2016
Am I dumb or is there a continuity error at the beginning of this episode? Episode 1 ends with him going off to train or whatever and episode 2 starts with all three of them talking about their career plans. Did that throw anyone else off? Why was that included? I stopped partway through the episode because I just had to ask
Dec 10, 2020 5:08 PM
Oct 2019
Moonlight_Arc-V said:
Am I dumb or is there a continuity error at the beginning of this episode? Episode 1 ends with him going off to train or whatever and episode 2 starts with all three of them talking about their career plans. Did that throw anyone else off? Why was that included? I stopped partway through the episode because I just had to ask

Caught me off guard as well. Think it was just a flashback to pre-troll moment. Felt like there were a few achronological moments this episode, and I didn't think they worked well.
Dec 10, 2020 5:12 PM
Oct 2019
Meh. The sick girl had a touching moment but other than that this wasn't good.

How did the two girls revive if the troll wasn't dead? He's now both a farmer and a chef? Does that mean the girls can add new professions also?

So these 3 are this world's version of 3 heroes from some other world that was destroyed by monsters. And this game is a simulation to build their skills to fend off a new monster attack or something.

5/10
Oct 1, 2021 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
Yotsuya's backstory so far for being such a loner feels underwhelming to me. Troll fight was kinda meh but I'm glad Yotsuya isn't overpowered and actually dies multiple times (mostly a mindless rush with no stategy) in the process to defeat it.

Dec 31, 2021 7:06 AM

Dec 2014
I really hope he stay true to his evil side from episode 1 ending instead of having any useless relationships

Also, MC did say that "Time for our last summon beast" , doesn't that mean that dragon-like beast were a summon by then like a pet?
How the heck do they figure out it is an enemies boss monster instead?

So far, none of the monsters were their OWN summon beast.

Am I seeing wrong subtitle or is my understanding wrong?
aLotQuestion_Dec 31, 2021 7:25 AM
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 30, 5:01 PM
Dec 2023
Saya berharap shindo dan yotsuya berpasangan
Jan 30, 5:02 PM
Dec 2023
Saya berharap shindo dan yotsuya berpasangan
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

69 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.