Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2020 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I don't think I like that Yuka girl much. She overreacts too much and some of her scenes this episode were awkward.

Seems she's a fan of magical girls shows too, which kinda translates into her magical abilities in that world.
Oct 16, 2020 7:33 AM

Feb 2019
So the past two weeks have given Iu and Kusue some backstory/development which is pretty nice. I’m starting to get into the show gradually each week. It’s got potential, just a bit of a slow burn so far. Wonder what Iu needs help with next week.
Oct 16, 2020 7:36 AM
Oct 2016
The fourth party member is here. Yuka is a weird girl with an even weirder introduction this episode. Yotsuya getting a phone call out of the blue from the game master, who knew he could do that, saying he'd have to hit on a girl. What a weird situation to walk into. Three girls holding down another girl trying to film her naked because of what she said on a live stream. Rival streamers trying to get revenge for words spoken out of turn in their eyes. Crazy mess for Yotsuya to be forced to interrupt. I did laugh a ton while he was breaking their phones. The scene was so weird I couldn't help laugh. The determination Yotsuya had and the girls reaction was priceless. He felt so sure doing that would help hit on Yuka. But nope the opposite effect. Thinking him to he a creepy stalker after busting into the girls bathroom and then walking her home. Yuka did get a good job in the other world but similar to Shindou her power as rank one is so minimal that she might not be any help at all. Just warming up her staff a bit. The bit towards the end of the episode did get sad with Shindou having that dream about her past. Some crummy family she has and losing her older friend like that. I do hope that Yotsuya can help her.
Oct 16, 2020 7:48 AM

Nov 2019
Surprisingly made me chuckle a couple of times. Nice to see Yotsuya making good use of his skills again, but I do hope that at some point, the other party members actually do something and not just rely on Yotsuya.

Let’s see how the next few episodes go given that there are now 4 party members even though the OP shows one more member making them 5. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m possibly considering to read the manga.
Oct 16, 2020 8:13 AM

May 2020
best anime this season wow so sugoi
Oct 16, 2020 8:16 AM

Sep 2019
Yotsuya went into the girls bathroom, broke the phones of bullies and then walked Yuka home. I don’t know what’s happening anymore.

Iu apparently has problems with her family since she was a kid. But she had a good friend who helped her when Iu was feeling down. Iu’s friend died when she was still a kid. Iu’s parents insulted that girl at home and even at her funeral. That’s a really bad memory and probably a trauma for her. I’m really surprised that she asked help from Yotsuya that easily. I think they knew each other but Yotsuya doesn’t remember Iu. If that’s not the case, her call for help was bad written. There’s no way she can ask for Yotsuya who she met approximately a month ago to help with her almost lifelong trauma.
Oct 16, 2020 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was kind of slow in comparison, and they are kind of relaxing in the pacing.

But, The show has an uncertain tone as to where it is going right now. This shows that the ED doesn't even match or even show the mood the ending shot was on.

But, For what it is and what it has, I have minimal complaints.

And, This has one of the nicer ED and OP across the season.

So, 3 ep gone now, what is next week will determine what will happen???
Oct 16, 2020 8:43 AM

Dec 2015
I thought watching an anime adapted from a manga you like was supposed to be fun.
But no, this, this is weekly torture for me.
Oct 16, 2020 8:43 AM

Mar 2020
yay! a new member added to the team!

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Oct 16, 2020 8:46 AM

Jan 2020
Lmao what a chad breaking all those phones like that
Oct 16, 2020 8:47 AM

Apr 2020
We got the third girl, Yuka, and it's funny how she got introduced here. She is an otaku on the gaming department. Our boy Yotsuya, is having that "popular" boost of morale thinking that he saved a girl (dream on). He out here breaking cell phones like it's nothing (I'm sure it cost some big yens). Anyways as Round 4 starts, the reload time got longer, we have a fight with the centipedes and the quest looking pretty EZ. And it looks like Iu has a dark past to share. This episode feels overstretched but I'm certainly not dropping the show anymore.
Oct 16, 2020 9:01 AM

Apr 2019
liking how we're getting some backstory for these characters, and the comedy scenes were hella funny. This might turn out better than I expected. Yuka is meh, doesn't seem promising.

Oct 16, 2020 9:19 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was kinda funny I guess. Another girl joined the team and she's as useless and bitchy as the other two.

That flashback was kinda interesting.
Oct 16, 2020 9:56 AM

Jul 2020
Great episode actually! So now they are saying every character will have a backstory, something not really common in generic isekais. That can be a good fortress of this series. If they go further in developing characters and giving then meaningful and hard backgrounds this can make the difference in the plot, and also in the score.

The new girl is completely stupid. Coming back with the ones that filmed her naked while attacking Yotsuya. Like come on girl do something about your brain damage!

Save this one: SHINDOU WILL BE TOP 5 WAIFUS THIS SEASON. Really risky bet, I know, sounds like a 2010 prediction from Paul the Squid in South Africa world cup. But what I saw up to now, she seems to be one of the nicest. The typical perfect, beautiful and rich girl except she is humble, caring and sensitive. Also that background really killed it, I never expected such a dark thing here. Her father of course is a dark person, poor her. She never doubted in helping anyone in need. Along with Tsukasa (Tonikaku Kawaii) and Elaina (Majo no Tabitabi), she is on the race to the top. Let´s wait.

The MC, Yotsuya, may be an actual chad. And I mean it. Sneaking into a school, breaking those girls´phones and confronting them is something most characters wouldn´t have done. Have a lot of faith in him. Just had bad luck because of the annoying new character.

An overall great chapter. Don´t know why series like this one or Assault Lily are so underrated on MAL. I mean it´s generic, but still good. A seven could do it.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback๐ŸฆŠโ›ฉ๏ธ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Oct 16, 2020 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
The new party member is an ok addition. I don't really like her, but at the same time I don't mind her being there.

It was nice to see a little bit of a flash back from Iu and sort of get why she cares about looks.

removed-userOct 16, 2020 10:09 AM
Oct 16, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
KingShuloxx said:
An overall great chapter. Don´t know why series like this one or Assault Lily are so underrated on MAL. I mean it´s generic, but still good. A seven could do it.

I would say these shows are a little under the radar because we have big shows like Haikyuu, Danmachi 3, Jujutsu Kaisen, Irregular at Magic Highschool, Tonikaku Kawaii, etc. in this season's line up. With these big shows most people are just watching these main ones. But again I would say not a lot of people like the Yuri aspect of Assault Lily and this show is pretty average when it comes to plot.

As for you bet on Shindou being top 5 waifu's this season, she got some pretty big competition like Wiene, Tsukasa, Elaina, Alice, the Swindler, etc. lol :D
Oct 16, 2020 10:32 AM
Apr 2019
The episode pacing is kinda weird imo. If only this series had a better production quality. Too bad.
Oct 16, 2020 11:02 AM
Apr 2019
_cenjoo said:
The new party member is an ok addition. I don't really like her, but at the same time I don't mind her being there.

It was nice to see a little bit of a flash back from Iu and sort of get why she cares about looks.

Oct 16, 2020 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
That is one way to hit on someone LOL.
Oct 16, 2020 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
the soundtrack has been really good on this show
Oct 16, 2020 11:50 AM
Feb 2020
_cenjoo said:

Oct 16, 2020 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
THayfa said:
_cenjoo said:

Oct 16, 2020 12:37 PM

May 2020
A new member arises! Yuka seemed a bit too awkward.
This episode took things a bit more slowly, the bathroom scene was confusing and unexpected to say the least.
Interesting flashback from Iu, let's see what's going to come out of it.
Oct 16, 2020 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
This show is bit random, it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. More animation shortcuts as well, im not impressed far
Oct 16, 2020 1:28 PM

May 2020
The beginning was so awkward to see man, this new girl isn't my tipe. Is kinda funny that my favorite character so far is the MC lol.

Backstorys are nice but the main history is slow, I hope this changes for good, still has a lot of potential.
Oct 16, 2020 1:29 PM
Feb 2020
_cenjoo said:
THayfa said:

Oct 16, 2020 1:39 PM

Mar 2020
This episode seemed to be one of the more complete episode. New character, new mission, a battle, a backstory and a something to look forward to next episode.

It was somewhat all over the place and the show still has not established a good story line yet but it's a work in progress so it can definitely improve.

Good episode :)
Oct 16, 2020 1:45 PM

Apr 2016
I’m curious to know more about the blonde girl, I only hope she doesn’t reveal herself as a yandere xD
Oct 16, 2020 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
So a new member joins the gang. Yeah, she's awkward as hell.

Yotsuya earned some points for breaking the girls' phones. XD

Oct 16, 2020 3:03 PM
Jan 2015
Favorite part of the episode was 7:53-7:58 with the Bosozoku doing their thing in the bg.
Oct 16, 2020 5:08 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty much everyones nightmare, a massive centipede. Horror creatures.

Anyway, pretty okay episode. Gotta love Yotsuya for charging onto the girls and breaking their phones XD

Another girl gets introduced and well, she's a bit of an odd one. Pretty funny that the guy with the worst job gets the most done.
Oct 16, 2020 6:03 PM
Feb 2011
You can tell from the OP that their party gets bigger.

At first I thought they were going to bring in this awkward girl and use her for fan service, I'm glad she's actually comic relief and is made fun of for being such an Otaku. Every time I tell myself, here comes the cliche anime trope, the character seems deviate off that path with the storyline going in a different direction. As President Trump once said, "Going well, I think! Thank you all. LOVEEE!!!" Aka, I think the should is heading towards being a success.

I watched Deca-dence last season which was full of potential but managed to do absolutely nothing with it. Its rating is a full point over this show! I'm not sure how.
Oct 16, 2020 7:10 PM
Jan 2014
I see this story is more of an introspective drama rather than adventure. The focus is more on how the quests shape the characters' personality and relationship.
Oct 16, 2020 7:39 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah the eyeglasses girl finally appeared, and she was an otaku? Damn, a nice girl but with a weird backgrounds again, filled the space on Yotsuya's party. I feel bad because of her role was not giving much help to the party, like the other girls. At least she was cute, so i don't had a problem with her lack of ability to help. Meanwhile, Yotsuya kept up in improving his own double jobs by one sided defeating the monster, alone. Well, the last slice of him was not his own job, but nothing special about tho, since knewing that the girl was not even aware the moment xD.

Beside for the introduction of the otaku girl, these was supposed to get a better understanding about Shindou's past, and the reason of why she chose to be the first person on the game. Her background story surely sad, and depressing by knewing the fact that her closer relative getting bullied, even on her death. At least i knew that she was definitely had a same fate like Yotsuya had in the past. So, the reason of her being in the game, might be hinted there. Or maybe it was because of Sayuri wishes? Well, left aside that thing, the ending scene surely intrigueing me. The request of her must be not good. So, lets see how Yotsuya respond her request there.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 16, 2020 10:35 PM
May 2018
Post in Spanish for my Ñ speaking brothers

Muy buen episodio, siento que ya acomodaron todas las piezas y el resto del show va a tener más acción. Me gusta como tienen partes oscuras los episodios, me hace preguntarme si veremos algún plot twist o muerte inesperada en lo queda del show...
Oct 16, 2020 11:12 PM
Apr 2020
I don't like the new girl that much coz she's kinda self-centered.

But, at least we got some backstory of Lu; she's acting tough, but she's actually vulnerable. And Yuusuke is now more caring.

Ao_SkyOct 16, 2020 11:15 PM
Oct 17, 2020 12:22 AM
Aug 2020
_cenjoo said:
THayfa said:

Oct 17, 2020 2:18 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I've said this before around the third episode more than once and been burned, but right now I've got hope that this will be more than a generic isekai. It does have the fun back and forth between worlds to set it apart, but so far the characters are a bit flat and the plot is sort of missing. I'm hopeful and interested in seeing where this is going, but I wouldn't bet anything on this show.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 17, 2020 4:14 AM

Sep 2020
The ending and the battle music started to grow on me with this episode. I also like the otaku girl. I think she's pretty funny, but it's like this show is kinda clueless as to what it wants, but more backstories are always a step in the right direction. I'll probably keep watching this even if it's just this level of quality in the end.
Oct 17, 2020 4:22 AM

Apr 2015
9:08 "wouldn't I get arrested for doing that (grabbing her by the shoulder) when I'm not her boyfriend?"

and this is why you shouldn't hit on girls. and by "hit" I mean that both ways.

and by that extension he should stop simping to Kusue and forget about all of the "motivation" he got from episode 2 about caring for her totally not pity-inducing backstory.

forget girls, hell forget old ladies above age 18 and just acquire anime thighs. after all anime thighs saves lives.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 17, 2020 5:50 AM

Mar 2016
Yuka is a bit strange...... Other than that, Iu backstory is sad.
Oct 17, 2020 6:13 AM

May 2018
Hmm so far I don't like it... I'll give it 2 more episodes. Originally I was pretty hyped about it. :c

โ–บ"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." โ—„
โ–บ"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."โ—„
โ–บ"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"โ—„
Oct 17, 2020 10:10 AM

Jun 2016
interesting !!!
honestly this series not too bad at all
Oct 17, 2020 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was Boring
The worst part is the new character she is useless & awkward as hell
The flashback was BAD
The bathroom scene was funny
The monster fight scene was Boring
Overall 5 out of 10
SaiDxvLightOct 30, 2020 9:04 AM
Oct 17, 2020 12:18 PM

Apr 2015
you know what, I'm gonna drop this just because I hate deadweight teams with a seething passion. and this is coming from someone who plays dota1 to this day.

I REALLY HATE FEEDERS/FARMERS/CAMPERS/ETC.

and just because Kusue has a tragic pity-inducing backstory doesn't mean I should care. Well, I might care if my reward is guaranteed and by reward I mean I get Kusue's body at her prime age and nothing older. That's just how much I hate deadweights. don't even get me started on the fact that this was basically forced upon you, without consent. and speaking of consent, why is no one getting raged over CHILDREN getting drafted by the game and them dying is to be expected? I mean we're talking of CHILDREN here aren't I? where's the goddamn outrage?

oh right, they only get outraged when its about SEXUAL abuse and nothing more. getting abused by being DRAFTED and MADE TO DIE? nope, that's totally okay! seriously fuck this society. fuck the world. no wonder the MC hates the city (and by extension, the world).
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 17, 2020 2:04 PM

May 2018
well, watta ya know, 3rd girl just showed up and already she isn't doing good on her first day in the job.
Oct 17, 2020 4:04 PM

Mar 2010
it was ng but nb, it felt like nothing really happened lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 17, 2020 6:13 PM
Aug 2020
Hm...not really feeling this episode this week. The animation was much stiffer than the last couple of episodes for one.

I'm kind of meh over the new girl (although her first interaction with the MC was pretty funny). Iu's backstory was pretty interesting though-sad too and its also making me hella curious.
Oct 17, 2020 7:14 PM

Oct 2016
I think that was a good episode, I actually like the new girl she seems like a good addition to the cast. Well besides Yotsuya their all still pretty useless lmao, but they'll definitely get stronger as their rank increases.

I am gradually getting to like the show more as more episodes come out, I am warming up to it. How is the chad Yotsuya going to help Shindou though.
Oct 17, 2020 11:04 PM

Sep 2009
3rd Episode.. and I'm liking Shindou more than before. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

84 by Fatihjalaludin86 »»
Jan 30, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.