Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2020 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ye, this episode just decided to go full action and fighting with the troll. A very blend and straightforward fight tbh. I don't find anything special about Yuusuke's skills, at least when it comes to what he's shown so far.

A step down from the first episode imo. At least the first one had some humor but this one was straight up boring.
Oct 9, 2020 7:29 AM
Feb 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ye, this episode just decided to go full action and fighting with the troll. A very blend and straightforward fight tbh. I don't find anything special about Yuusuke's skills, at least when it comes to what he's shown so far.

A step down from the first episode imo. At least the first one had some humor but this one was straight up boring.
I don't that they included a scene that wasn't in the manga. The scene I'm talking about is where Hakozaki and Shindou are talking about who they would want in their party. They also seem to have made Yotsuya care more about his teammates.
Oct 9, 2020 7:38 AM

Feb 2019
Ok this show went from mid to gas in one ep. I found that flashback sequence in the village emotional, I also like the concept of them preparing to fight that monster in the future. The MC not being OP and actually struggling to get shit done is a nice take on isekai too, being a chef and farmer and not having everything you need, having to improvise, it feels fresh.

Show’s got potential for sure, let’s see how it develops. I like it now.
Oct 9, 2020 7:42 AM
Oct 2016
Yay they beat the troll! Yotsuya having that moment of clarity seems like a big move forward with his character. Reflecting on how he's only thought of himself not only since coming to this new world but also since he was forced to move to Tokyo as a kid. Most loner isekai protagonists don't have those clarity moments until a long ways into the story. I liked how this show gave it to Yotsuya so soon, makes him stand our somewhat. Hope he uses that for even more growth later on. His determination was awesome against that troll. Figuring out its attack pattern and using that to keep out of reach. The troll frog hopping was kinda funny tbh, didn't expect that. Yotsuya got some bad luck going from farmer to chef but at least he forms blade! If only a kitchen knife but still, something to use on the troll belly to rescue Shindou and Hakozaki. They're getting better at fighting monsters now, not dying so much as the troll battle kept going. Finally ending it with Shindou popping the troll head with her wind magic. Glad they could move on with their quest chain and rank up a bit. That vision the game master showed them look daunting but hopefully they can be up for it by they time that comes to pass.
Oct 9, 2020 8:05 AM

Sep 2019
Animation was alright, but it was still boring. It looks like Yotsuya went from I hate this world and everyone to I will protect my friends. I hope we can see some Shokugeki referances even though it's a very low possibility.
Oct 9, 2020 8:25 AM

May 2020
z00nex said:
Animation was alright, but it was still boring. It looks like Yotsuya went from I hate this world and everyone to I will protect my friends. I hope we can see some Shokugeki referances even though it's a very low possibility.

man i feel u over exaggerate a little, i found iskeai smartphone to be hilarious
Oct 9, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
Everything about this still feels really underwhelming and stiff for me from the writing to the production. Definitely one of the weakest shows of the season based on the start for me.
Oct 9, 2020 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty inoffensive stuff, there is nothing I like much but there is nothing I can hate about it.

This looks like a better SAO where the protagonist isn't overpowered and is a partial cynical man but the story makes him a tsundere for Tokyo.{Cause he was saving the City}

I think the next week's character will be a cracky character like MEGUMIN next episode because we have a cynical protagonist, self-centered tsundere/bitch, clumsy deredere and we need a Kuudere the absolute cynical troll.

The animation budget is low this time and the staff is not even pretending that it isn't low, there are visual novel-esque scenes, where the characters do nothing except talking and the animation where done is just fine.

The OST feels fine not much to say about it, but it makes the ride better.

So, let's see what happens.

removed-userOct 9, 2020 8:35 AM
Oct 9, 2020 8:32 AM

Aug 2018
Good way to realize he was being an asshole, now let's see if it sticks or if he will keep on being a dick.
That aside, it was a very bland episode, this is way better as a comedy imo.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Oct 9, 2020 8:48 AM
Sep 2008
That was a creative way to use wind magic, if only we could do that in Genshin Impact
Oct 9, 2020 8:51 AM

Sep 2019
Natsude_tanaka said:
z00nex said:

man i feel u over exaggerate a little, i found iskeai smartphone to be hilarious
I haven’t watched that one but did you really enjoy this episode?
Oct 9, 2020 8:51 AM

Jun 2019
That was pretty boring IMO. I didn't like this ep at all. Sorry guys to anyone who's a fan of this show. I want this show not to be an average ass Isekai but so far it's letting me down.
Oct 9, 2020 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
Welp that's that for the anime. Back to the manga.
Oct 9, 2020 9:26 AM
Jul 2020
wanted to drop and decided to give it a try again
turned out I made a good decision : )

I like the way story is going and looking forward to see how far characters and relationships develop
Oct 9, 2020 9:27 AM

Mar 2020
idk what all the hate is about, i thought this episode was really good. for someone who has little interest in these kinds of things, i'm excited to continue to watch this series.

โโ˜† ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ, ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜ƒ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ โ˜†

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ...โž

Oct 9, 2020 9:34 AM

Dec 2015
lostbcyz said:
idk what all the hate is about, i thought this episode was really good. for someone who has little interest in these kinds of things, i'm excited to continue to watch this series.

The animation quality is abysmal. That's more than enough reason to drive people away.
Oct 9, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2020
Pftt are tryna tell me that diving into a trolls stomach is normal? The way his lower half was just dangling out there was a little funny. this was a great episode I really enjoyed it:)

lostbcyz said:

Ikr same. I've never watched anything quite like this since there are so many controversial opinions on isekai and harem like shows so i'd never given them much of a chance. Glad I took a chance and started this, I'm really enjoying it so far :)

-------------
Mod Note: Meged consecutive posts
dipItFooOct 17, 2020 8:45 PM
Oct 9, 2020 9:49 AM

Mar 2020
Ummmmmmmm this is...........ok. I didn't find it too entertaining and nothing sticks out in this show that makes me go 'WOW" It's plain boring isekai. It could turn into something good if they start developing a good storyline.
Oct 9, 2020 9:51 AM

Jan 2014
lol what bad luck.

I am kinda curious who else they'll bring of course, and what class they'll have.
Oct 9, 2020 10:20 AM
Sep 2015
Hidden coming of age element?
Oct 9, 2020 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
I just can't take this in a serious way. The setting is stupid.

If the MC was some trash like Kazuma from Konosuba, it would be much more appropriate. One can only imagine the hillarious situations that could be done making Kazuma as a farmer and then a chef.

AdrianRubinskyOct 9, 2020 11:06 AM
Oct 9, 2020 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
I was kinda disappointed with this episode, it was pretty boring to watch. Probably going to drop this...I think part of the reason was because of the bad animation, there were way too many still images, it honestly felt like a slide show at times.
Oct 9, 2020 11:25 AM

Dec 2016
Isekai trash like this makes other trash like Isekai smartphone look almost decent.

It's not arifureta levels of bad, so at least it's fun to shit on it.
Oct 9, 2020 11:47 AM

Jan 2020
I'm glad they added a few extra scenes to make it clear on why Yotsuya hates the city, also the country-side made it even clearer.
Oct 9, 2020 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
Not much improvement from the first episode. Still pretty dull.

Absolutely not liking the MC in this one, but atleast I will stay to see if it will improve in any way. Atleast there's a nice Blond to look at.
Oct 9, 2020 12:05 PM
Aug 2020
The start of the episode was quite straight forward. Nothing that really made me go, "wow," but it was still enjoyable. The monotony was definitely broken when Yotsuya got a new job as a chef, which is certainly another twist to get in a fantasy anime. I wonder if this is gonna be this anime's quirk-planning a strategy to defeat monsters using really weak jobs.

Yotsuya's final line does continue the theory that he may wind up becoming a villain by the end of the show? We can only wait and see.
Oct 9, 2020 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
that was pretty generic but at least he's not op
Oct 9, 2020 12:55 PM

Dec 2014
so like they are able to change classes after reaching level 10 hmm
Oct 9, 2020 1:07 PM
Jul 2019
You know I don't think that Yotsuya would be having any romance with any of the girls around here, given that 2 of the girl already said that they hate guys and it seems that Yotsuya was just added for the heck of it.
Oct 9, 2020 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, this was a step down from the previous episode which isn't a good sign.

Oct 9, 2020 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
many themes from other previous stories at play although the total death mechanic is a nice gimmick. Never really explained when job reroll occurs do you also keep your previous job and just go multi class. I'm curious to know as so far MC has rolled two super rare classes and at least this one came with usable skills when you get down to the slicing and dicing action.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 9, 2020 4:27 PM

May 2020
It was again pretty generic, the average visuals don't help either.
Seems that run of the mill Isekai.
Let's see what it can show us. I haven't particularly liked it, but I'll wait until I can judge it with more certainty after watching some more episodes.
Oct 9, 2020 4:53 PM

May 2020
I'm curios, so far there are some intriguing things and has a lot lf potential but at the same time, it can convert into a generical isekai so let's see how it turns.
Oct 9, 2020 4:54 PM

Mar 2010
The show will get good. It is just sad that the beginning is generic. But i think even from this episode some parts of the complexity emerged. At least go for now for the humor :)
Oct 9, 2020 5:03 PM
Aug 2017
Okay not bad. The flashback moments showing more of the characters backstory and the "emotional moment" felt like it should have hit more? Like with slower pacing and more interesting directing shot composition and music that should have been a moment that would drag me in but it felt a bit clunky in it's execution?
Oct 9, 2020 5:12 PM

Mar 2012
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
Does the anime differ too much from the manga? I've seen people say to have high expectations for this because of the manga but your comment is worrying me, lol.
Oct 9, 2020 5:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yo, the job for our MC must be a joke, from a farmer then a chef. I found that to be quite amuse me xD
So, they keep continued their lifes by defeating that troll into 1 episode only, eh? Its kinda fast, tbh. I don't find any proper explanations about their world building. The way he succeeded to kill it was not so great too. The goblin appearance was just so lame too. I mean, yea, keep that plot armour as heavy as possible, MC. XD Overall, Its an average battle without anything special about it. At least all the characters had a balance development, even the way its told the story of them kinda sucked (yea, the transition just as bad as their action sequence). But its really understandable, as a unique way of the author to improved the story telling. I can hold myself! Even with those minor romance that appeared just to teased me!

So, to short it off, Game Master. What quest did you launched for them in the next step? Lets see how funny their interaction in the next episode! 7 more steps before all mighty dragon destroy Tokyo!

Roch2001 said:
Never really explained when job reroll occurs do you also keep your previous job and just go multi class.

If i am not mistaken, they were already explain about reroll at the first episode.

-----------
Mod Note: Merged consecutive posts
dipItFooOct 17, 2020 8:49 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Sep 2007
WHICH YOTSUYA-KUN?! (me whispers: "I'm pretty sure it isn't you, you doofus....")
Wow though....way for him to go into is own little world. In that "life-or-death" situation I would not be thinking about "Oh gee, I'm in a harem right now"

I am sad the Game Master's voice changed :( I liked the first voice...

And personally I found it funny the "job attainment" or whatever it's officially called is at level 10. It may sound pretty low to people but I used to play a MMORPG a long time ago which also made level 10 a pretty important level (though I don't recall if it was a 'job change' per say...)
So....IDK.....that whole sequence triggered nostalgia for me

So when everything froze and he brought out the job wheel right there it brought me a little chuckle
(Plus in my opinion, a combined farmer + chef combo job seems useful, well in some situations...)
IkanoOct 9, 2020 6:07 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 9, 2020 6:39 PM

Dec 2015
SparkleDuck said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
Does the anime differ too much from the manga? I've seen people say to have high expectations for this because of the manga but your comment is worrying me, lol.

Not too much difference, the only problem is the terrible animation quality, which kinda ruins the experience.
Oct 9, 2020 6:50 PM

Sep 2019
Liked that more than the first ep. Still not sold on the show yet, I’ll probably stick around until glasses girl is introduced though.
Oct 9, 2020 9:19 PM
Feb 2018
finally,
1. not op isekai mc
2. can go back to real world after finishing quest
3. just friendship, not harem romance

yeah the animation is not too good, but never mind bcs it's not kyoani or ufotable or bones or ig production or mappa or madhouse or sunrise.
5/5 for this episode
Oct 9, 2020 9:52 PM
Feb 2011
Lames complaining about animation quality.

Need I remind people that the Shield Hero anime started off slow for the first few episodes too. This anime still has a chance. We saw the huge summoning in Tokyo. It's nice to get a main character with an unclear motive.

I have NOT read the manga, but I'm sure their party of three will expand.
Oct 9, 2020 10:15 PM

Feb 2012
I think our MC's attitude did a 180 a little too quickly from being selfish and only thinking of himself to suddenly caring for others. Altho from the ending of him saying if he abandons the quest the city he hates will be destroyed maybe that's not the case?

Slow start hopefully next ep is interesting.
Oct 9, 2020 11:01 PM
Jun 2020
Everyone complaining about the animation... this have better animation than Haikyuu TO THE TOP lmao
Oct 10, 2020 12:27 AM
Apr 2020
They're so lucky for defeating that troll. lol. Welp, at least Yotsuya had some character development, he's now considering other people. And one thing is for sure, they'll fight something big in the future.

Oct 10, 2020 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty average episode, but nice to see more of that girls backstory.

I want to see how it develops, but seems like it’s just going to be your average iskekai.
Oct 10, 2020 1:40 AM
Apr 2019
LiquidGold said:
I think our MC's attitude did a 180 a little too quickly from being selfish and only thinking of himself to suddenly caring for others. Altho from the ending of him saying if he abandons the quest the city he hates will be destroyed maybe that's not the case?

Slow start hopefully next ep is interesting.
he's not just care to random people. He realized that Hakozaki is a better human than him, and he respect her life. Just like he said, he'll not letting someone better than him die. Even in the current manga, he has 5 other person in his party and he only care for 2 people he think worthy. He said he could find anyone else to replace the other 3 but not that 2 people he respect.
Oct 10, 2020 2:36 AM

Jun 2013
This series has pretty meh animation. Nothing really stands out. The characters are forgettable and I was laughing when the girls at the end described Yotusya as ใ‚คใ‚ฑใƒกใƒณ or hot lol. He looks like your standard harem/isekai character and with all the isekai garbage coming out, he'd be at the very back of the queue.

่‡ญใ„-
Oct 10, 2020 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
It obviously takes itself too seriously, but it seems something interesting might actually happen too with that post credit clip
Oct 10, 2020 3:59 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was kinda good, a lot better than the first one. So they are in serious trouble in future, I mean ofc they are with that dragon spawning. My guess is that this rpg like world merged with the normal one and the monsters from that world came into this onw. Also why is the blonde's girl level up slower than others? Maybe her class is broken af so she needs more exp than others.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» A few questions about the series.

RudeRedis - Feb 9

16 by YuusukeYotsuya »»
Feb 10, 2:24 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

69 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.